Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I mean, really, at the end of the day, primetime dramas are soap operas in a format that doesn't have as many episodes.

Yes and that is so true. Can I also add the marvel movies. it is continuing drama on the big screen.  It is a a shame that soaps have never gotten any respect in Hollywood. 

• Like 6
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Even though I was skeptical about Days future(and still am tbh) I'm glad that there will be a 60th and I hope they go all out for that one.

I just wish the show was actually good and to me its not😑

Couldn't agree more.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Retired at last said:

Are they still filming 6 months ahead? Does that mean that all those people are still around (Leo, Wendy, Xander, etc.)?

Yes. Looks like Staci is in Susan garb too

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
On 3/15/2023 at 8:02 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Even though I was skeptical about Days future(and still am tbh) I'm glad that there will be a 60th and I hope they go all out for that one.

I just wish the show was actually good and to me its not😑

Guiding Light and General Hospital are the only American soaps that made that milestone, right? As The World Turns was six years shy.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Has anyone ever been to a Days convention/meet and greet? There is one next month 15 minutes from me. A ton of money, but it may be the only time they are this close and a lot of my favorites are attending...

• Useful 1

I was googling Gilles Marini (aka sexy Ted Laurent) and came across this photo of him...

image.png.9a2db5aa9d3864d4fb9e400783f0aa5d.png

At first I was like, "Aww, get it stud with some cute young thing!" and then I realized that it was his son. LMAO

He looks well, in any event.

I mainly remember him from Brothers and Sisters and Switched At Birth but I do remember him being briefly on Days a few years ago. I was kind of rooting for him and Kate if I remember right. Looks like he was most recently on Poker Face and Uncoupled.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I was googling Gilles Marini (aka sexy Ted Laurent) and came across this photo of him...

image.png.9a2db5aa9d3864d4fb9e400783f0aa5d.png

At first I was like, "Aww, get it stud with some cute young thing!" and then I realized that it was his son. LMAO

He looks well, in any event.

I mainly remember him from Brothers and Sisters and Switched At Birth but I do remember him being briefly on Days a few years ago. I was kind of rooting for him and Kate if I remember right. Looks like he was most recently on Poker Face and Uncoupled.

Yes he and Kate had a fling. It looked like they were teasing him and Hope but he was murdered afterwards.

• Like 3
On 3/24/2023 at 7:13 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Where did I put my AARP card?!

It makes sense that Precious Way had better chemistry with Lindsey Arnold because they're closer in age. It also makes sense why this Chanel feels different because she doesn't have that early 20's vibe that Precious had.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

I have seen clips of Beth & Lujack and I get why they were a super couple. The horseback riding scene in Montauk beach is to die for. Too bad they didn't consider pairing up Deimos and Adrienne. 

I can still here Almost Paradise in my head. Those early eighties years on GL were amazing 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I have seen clips of Beth & Lujack and I get why they were a super couple. The horseback riding scene in Montauk beach is to die for. Too bad they didn't consider pairing up Deimos and Adrienne. 

But sometimes, chemistry doesn't strike twice. See Katherine/Stefan on GH (although some liked them) and Cameron/Alexis also on GH who sparked as Mason/Julia on Santa Barbara.

Oh, and Maxie Jones/Dr. Matt Hunter, played by Kirsten Storms and Jason Cook, also on GH.

Again, some liked these pairings, but overall, all of these re-pairings flopped.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Again, some liked these pairings, but overall, all of these re-pairings flopped.

Sorry I absolutely loved Katherine and Stefan. Hell, I'd say I like them better than Steve and Kayla. But yeah, your point stands. 

• Like 4
15 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I'm surprised that didn't happen where Deimos was fixated on Adrienne and came between Justin/Adrienne. That would've been a better story for them than the stories or lack thereof they've gotten these past few years. 

• Like 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I'm surprised that didn't happen where Deimos was fixated on Adrienne and came between Justin/Adrienne. That would've been a better story for them than the stories or lack thereof they've gotten these past few years. 

Instead it was...Nicole? So weird. What a waste of Vincent. The show has been desperate to fill the hole that Stefano left and they had someone who could have done it and they wasted him.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
20 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Instead it was...Nicole? So weird. What a waste of Vincent. The show has been desperate to fill the hole that Stefano left and they had someone who could have done it and they wasted him.

I liked Deimos/Nicole so I liked it more than I thought it would but the set up etc was terrible.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

I don’t have the patience to look through 94 pages of posts. So what is the rift between Suzanne Rogers and Deirdre Hall, that they won’t be seen together on screen?

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

Same

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I don’t have the patience to look through 94 pages of posts. So what is the rift between Suzanne Rogers and Deirdre Hall, that they won’t be seen together on screen?

Apparently Suzanne slept with Deidre’s husband, back when Dee was married to him.

• Mind Blown 13
  • Useful 1
49 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ooooookaaaaay.

I heard something wilder that seemed very likely to have been said only for shock value, so won't repeat it.

But that^ is pretty wild too! Receipts?

! Ooh, Repeat it! 😄

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ooooookaaaaay.

I heard something wilder that seemed very likely to have been said only for shock value, so won't repeat it.

But that^ is pretty wild too! Receipts?

I read it from someone on another board who has been right about other stuff. Obviously, I don’t know first hand.

So what was it that you heard?

• Like 2

Nope. No way! 😅😅😅

Not trying to tease you guys, it was just too much and very likely BS, so I'm not going to spread it around.

If what SC says is the popular rumor/theory, let's just go with that.

Yikes, though, if that's true!

I've also heard its just that they're two of the show's most senior actors, so friction evolved over time.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 2
9 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I read it from someone on another board who has been right about other stuff. Obviously, I don’t know first hand.

So what was it that you heard?

Ok. Dish!  We all realize it could be a rumor but one of you, please tell us! Private message if you have to! The suspense!😃

• LOL 1

I read all 75 pages here so you don't have to:

https://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/behind-the-scenes-gossip-t15497-s2220.html

New things I "learned":

Susan Hayes did not like Charlotte Ross one bit. Described her as a 'blonde ingenue who did an unmemorable stint on the show". Ouch

Michael T Weiss is gay. So is Patrick Muldoon. Probably Steve Wilder and Thaoo P

Roark C and Matthew A both have issues with alcohol

Everybody in the teen set hooked up from the Last Blast crew

Nadia B was involved with grooming from Epstein,yuk

Dee forced out Staci Greason (I KNEW IT!)

Jack #1 was fired during the AIDS scare cause he kept getting cold sores and MBE was pregnant. Jack #2 was fired for sexually harassing MBE and Drake and Stephen Nichols had a 'word' with him. This I heard at the time. 

Of course the well document Missy affair with Jason Brooks, complete with court documents

Genie had a low opinion of the writers who had no direction for her character

Suzanne Rogers hooked up with Lane Davies (yum lucky her) and one of Dee's husbands, hence why Dee won't work with her

Crystal Chappel and a bunch of other actresses reported Robert Kelker Kelly's harassing behaviour towards women. Nothing was done until Francis Reid stepped in. Ally Sweeney's mom would not let her work with him unless she was on set

Nobody has a bad word to say about Drake, Mary Beth or Charles S

Take with a pinch of salt of course, but an interesting dive down the rabbit hole

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

Emmy noms: Drama Series, Lead Actor (Billy Flynn), Supporting Actress (Stacy Haiduk), Supporting Actor (Daniel Feuerriegel), Younger Performer (Cary Christopher (Thomas) and Victoria Grace (Wendy)), Guest Performer (Steve Burton and Kevin Spirtas), Writing and Directing Teams (for Days and Beyond Salem), Live Sound Mixing and Sound, Casting

Some of these are great and some are real question marks lol.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

https://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/behind-the-scenes-gossip-t15497-s2220.html

New things I "learned":

Susan Hayes did not like Charlotte Ross one bit. Described her as a 'blonde ingenue who did an unmemorable stint on the show". Ouch

Michael T Weiss is gay. So is Patrick Muldoon. Probably Steve Wilder and Thaoo P

Roark C and Matthew A both have issues with alcohol

Everybody in the teen set hooked up from the Last Blast crew

Dee forced out Stacy Greason (I KNEW IT!)

Jack #1 was fired during the AIDS scare cause he kept getting cold sores and MBE was pregnant. Jack #2 was fired for sexually harassing MBE and Drake and Stephen Nichols had a 'word' with him. This I heard at the time. 

Of course the well document Missy affair with Jason Brooks, complete with court documents

Suzanne Rogers hooked up with Lane Davies (yum lucky her) and one of Dee's husbands, hence why Dee won't work with her

Crystal Chappel and a bunch of other actresses reported Robert Kelker Kelly's harassing behaviour towards women. Nothing was done until Francis Reid stepped in. Ally Sweeney's mom would not let her work with him unless she was on set

Nobody has a bad word to say about Drake, Mary Beth or Charles S

Take with a pinch of salt of course, but an interesting dive down the rabbit hole

I knew all this and remember spending hours reading that thread. It was a lot of fun and more interesting than what we see onscreen. In Susan's book she vaguely referenced Charlotte Ross as unpleasant(but never mentioned her name) yet we knew it was her.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
47 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I knew all this and remember spending hours reading that thread. It was a lot of fun and more interesting than what we see onscreen. In Susan's book she vaguely referenced Charlotte Ross as unpleasant(but never mentioned her name) yet we knew it was her.

Yes she said said blonde had a 'mean mouth' and at her going away party with the cake with her face on it nobody wanted to eat the mouth lol

I could see Charlotte as being very high maintenance. George Jenesky/Conrad Dunn (Nick Corelli) described her as super talented and driven and very young for being both of those things. He had only nice things to say but tellingly has maintained a life long friendship with Lisa Howard, who refers to him as 'her other husband'

• Like 3
5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

👏👏👏👏👏

Eeeewwww. How so? Poor gal. She's gorgeous. Wish she had more people around to protect her.

No surprise there. Older characters rarely get anything to do.

Well there it is, then. That settles it. Was this while Dee was married to him, though? I'm surprised SR would risk ruining a work relationship like that, though...

6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Dee forced out Stacy Greason (I KNEW IT!)

Who dat?

5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Emmy noms: Drama Series, Lead Actor (Billy Flynn), Supporting Actress (Stacy Haiduk), Supporting Actor (Daniel Feuerriegel), Younger Performer (Cary Christopher (Thomas) and Victoria Grace (Wendy)), Guest Performer (Steve Burton and Kevin Spirtas), Writing and Directing Teams (for Days and Beyond Salem), Live Sound Mixing and Sound, Casting

Some of these are great and some are real question marks lol.

Billy with Abigail's death stuff....maybe.

Kevin with his coming out arc, maybe.

Stacey...? No comment. Maybe the Susan stuff? But...still...

Dan as EJ mourning Susan? Maybe.

VG? No.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Eeeewwww. How so? Poor gal. She's gorgeous. Wish she had more people around to protect her.

I watched the Dirty Soap series, which  I figured was very scripted, but everything about Nadia and her mother screamed Stage Mother with a capitol S.

6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Not surprised about Michael T Weiss. I don't think it was that big of a secret, either. I remember him playing Jeffrey in 1996. I LOVED him from the Pretender and I wish he could have had a bigger career. However I think maybe he wanted the lower profile because if you're A or B-list you get a lot of scrutiny about your private life.

I was surprised though to realize that Matthew Ashford isn't gay. (He does have a gay daughter, though.) I kinda always thought the storyline where Jack "pretends" to be gay was a little wink and nod to the audience. LOL

RKK wound up marrying the girl who played Sami's friend as soon as she was legally old enough to marry, I believe. They divorced around 10 years ago.