Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

Can we include Eli and please leave out BenAlex?

Please?

He really needs to cover up, at this point. We know he has abs. Everyone knows 🙄

Here's a direct quote from the article:

"Knowing Dattilo’s as a prankster, how much skin the cast of Days of Our Lives will be showcased is unknown."

English. 👏

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
(edited)
On 2/22/2024 at 6:08 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

It's possible that these are the guys willing to do it not every guy wants to pose for Playgirl or any of these type of magazines.

Steve Burton did a PG-13 spread back in the 90's for Playgirl. He went uber-religious shortly after this and it became rare to see him with his shirt off.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Useful 2
On 2/24/2024 at 2:23 AM, methodwriter85 said:

Steve Burton did a PG-13 spread back in the 90's for Playgirl. He went uber-religious shortly after this and it became rare to see him with his shirt off.

I vaguely remember this he was dating Tara Reid at the time. He met his now ex-wife afterwards. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

https://michaelfairmantv.com/days-of-our-lives-susan-seaforth-hayes-interview-horton-house-fire-storyline-mourning-husband-bill-hayes/2024/02/26/

Lovely interview with Susan

In terms of Bill’s final day on the set with you, did you know that it was his last, and what would turn out to be his last scene?

SUSAN: Well, they didn’t know. But I knew. I had been allowed to rewrite it. So, I can’t tell you Bill’s last line now, of course, but I will in time.

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 8

What a wonderful, intimate and appropriately emotional interview.  Michael Fairman seems to be a truly empathetic man, and Susan Seaforth Hayes is an absolute wonder of a human being.

What a gift it was to read this.  Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, boes said:

What a wonderful, intimate and appropriately emotional interview.  Michael Fairman seems to be a truly empathetic man, and Susan Seaforth Hayes is an absolute wonder of a human being.

What a gift it was to read this.  Thank you.

I got really weepy. Especially when she talked about how you'd have to be an idiot not to be successfully married to Bill. True love.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Susan Seaford-Hayes'  reminiscing about favorite Doug and Julie scenes makes me remember a scene that happened 30 or 40 years ago.  Julie and Doug were not married, but for some reason ended up in an inn together.  After tons of sexual tension, Doug picked Julie up and carried her to the bed.  Does anyone else remember it?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Phebemarie said:

Susan Seaford-Hayes'  reminiscing about favorite Doug and Julie scenes makes me remember a scene that happened 30 or 40 years ago.  Julie and Doug were not married, but for some reason ended up in an inn together.  After tons of sexual tension, Doug picked Julie up and carried her to the bed.  Does anyone else remember it?  

They were at the Hessian Hotel I know this because it was referenced in their book. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Is there going to be or was there already a Days episode of Weakest Link?

I saw this picture in an article about NBC's summer schedule:

weakest.jpg?auto=webp&width=1092

I think it is on April 7...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)

I did what I should have done in the first place and googled it lol. It airs April 2nd. Bryan Dattilo, Tina Huang, Galen Gering, Eric Martsolf, Martha Madison, Victoria Konefal, Lindsay Arnold, and Zach Tinker are the participants.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I did what I should have done in the first place and googled it lol. It airs April 2nd. Bryan Dattilo, Tina Huang, Galen Gering, Eric Martsolf, Martha Madison, Victoria Konefal, Lindsay Arnold, and Zach Tinker are the participants.

Interesting that Martha, Victoria, Lindsay & Zach are participating since they no longer appear on the show...

• Like 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Interesting that Martha, Victoria, Lindsay & Zach are participating since they no longer appear on the show...

Many non-working actors also appear at Days Events. Once they're part of the Days family, they always remain available.

Edited by Soapy Goddess
  • Like 5
  • Useful 3
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

https://www.usmagazine.com/stylish/news/days-of-our-lives-hunks-paul-telfer-and-more-strip-down-for-playgirl/

Oh look, its RSW's one expression. 🙄

Bryan is hiding his chest completely. Telfer is smiling in a bizarre way and the angle doesn't show off his physique. Eric M looks covered in tinted body lotion. Sean looks goofy.

...what's happened to magazines these days? Are there no good photographers?

Magazines are as popular as newspapers so probably not. 

• Like 3

RSW pouting as usual. Unsure why Christopher Sean is there. Was Dan F unavailable? Bryan D hiding his chest and seemed out of place

EM and PT understood the ridiculousness of the assignment and took the tongue in cheek approach that was required.

• Like 3

It's sad. Even ten years ago, this would have been handled better. That stupid ladder/staircase thing, that makes it all look like a cheap no-bedroom apartment, reused in several of the shots? Yikes.

Nothing about this screams confidence or romance or passion.

And boes, right on.

• Like 2

I don't think it should surprise anyone that she would return for Bill/Doug's tribute and I bet Matt is also there but probably not announced yet.  Which is why I also expect them to probably announce Kristian (maybe last) also. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Yeah, aren't she and Melissa buddies? It always seemed that way. I feel more confident now that if Melissa's coming back, Kristian would too.

Matt/Jack I could really do without, sorry. But then, I'm also hoping LeoMatty, Paulina, BenAlex, Gwenresa and NickBobbyEverett have no participation either.

Serious characters only please.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Jack was a serious character for many years.  He doesn't write the show, he's not the one who made the character a shadow if his former self.  

I read the book by Bill Hayes and SSH and he referred to KA as his bonus daughter, which was sweet.  I'll be shocked if she's not back.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Matt/Jack I could really do without, sorry. But then, I'm also hoping LeoMatty, Paulina, BenAlex, Gwenresa and NickBobbyEverett have no participation either.

I really don't see how Jack could be grouped with any of these characters.  In any way.  

But in regards to Doug, he had an actual relationship with both Doug and Julie.  Jack is family.  I don't see why his participation in the events surrounding Doug's passing wouldn't be just as serious as anyone else.  

Jack's presence makes sense.  Unlike any of those others. 

I do hope KA and PR are able to return as well. 

Edited by KBrownie
  • Like 5
(edited)
22 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

I really don't see how Jack could be grouped with any of these characters.  In any way.  

Matt's acting was abysmal in his last returns? No offense intended to his fans but...it was.

He's a legacy character, sure, but he and Cady were well-matched in their ability to weird me out in all their scenes. I cringed.

The others are also not fun to watch. It was a Not Fun To Watch list 😄

Also not fun/cringy to watch:

Bryan really has a gentle handsomeness though that contrasts nicely with the (sorry gents) slightly more douchy energy some of the others put out.

Eric needed to stay out of the sun for two months before the shoot.

Paul needed to smile a little less and let his massive frame do the talking.

RSW needed to....you know what? I'll let you fill in the blank for yourselves!

Did the ladies ever do something similar? A Maxim spread maybe?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
20 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Matt's acting was abysmal in his last returns? No offense intended to his fans but...it was.

He's a legacy character, sure, but he and Cady were well-matched in their ability to weird me out in all their scenes. I cringed.

My fault, the original post didn't specify that it was bad acting that all those characters had in common and that's why they shouldn't participate in anything regarding Doug's death.  I read "serious characters" as those who had real ties to the character that it would make sense for them to be a part of events involving his death.  

I didn't particularly enjoy Jack for most of his last appearances either, but I blame the nonsensical writing for that.  There wasn't much Matt could do with the complete and utter BS nonsense they had Jack spouting as part of the hack job on Jack to try and make retcon Gwen work.  Plus, I really never though him and CM had much chem.  He's best with MR, or in family stuff with Steve and Abby and JJ.

Edited by KBrownie
  • Like 5
4 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

I didn't particularly enjoy Jack for most of his last appearances either, but I blame the nonsensical writing for that.

Oh fully - Jack (and Laura) were wrecked for stupid Gwen by the awful writing.

Of course, I still find in general that Matt is overeager in most scenes, even going back to the 00s. He and Paulina would be very unbearable.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well Matt is there along with a few others in this video. We don't see PR/KA there but I like to think they are surprising us with that one(I hope so anyways). I don't see Casey either which would suck because JJ/Doug scenes were always delightful.

Steve&KaylaFans on X: "#Days Video where you can see everyone present at the 15000 Celebration! #Stayla @DaysPeacock https://t.co/tsgzoTrVxJ" / X (twitter.com)

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

@DisneyBoy

MA had brought a lot to the show and made Jack one of the most iconic Salem character. Clearly the show is hardly gaining any new fan and has been losing old viewers for years. Bringing him back would certainly make many of the remaining long-time audiences happy and even some former viewers might tune in to Days again. 

Soap viewers, as scary as they were at times, could be incredibly loyal towards classic legacy characters such as Jack. If their willingness to have Matt A back again outweighed lower tolerance of the writers and all other mishaps  I wouldn't be suprised. 

Edited by Sunrain
fixing/re-editing
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yeah, aren't she and Melissa buddies? It always seemed that way. I feel more confident now that if Melissa's coming back, Kristian would too.

Oh don't worry; I'm pretty sure that Theresa is going to be long gone by the time Doug's funeral rolls around. She's probably going to be rotting in prison for life by then. Besides, I saw an Instagram picture of Emily O'Brien doing some motion capture stuff for a video game project she's apparently working on. So it's safe to say that she's more than likely not filming at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well Matt is there along with a few others in this video. We don't see PR/KA there but I like to think they are surprising us with that one(I hope so anyways). I don't see Casey either which would suck because JJ/Doug scenes were always delightful.

Steve&KaylaFans on X: "#Days Video where you can see everyone present at the 15000 Celebration! #Stayla @DaysPeacock https://t.co/tsgzoTrVxJ" / X (twitter.com)

Who is that older gal with the shorter reddish hair on the left? She looks familiar... (Edit: Marie Horton?)

Honestly now after watching that, I think they just didn't bother with Hope and Bo because of the money they would want, and put those funds to use getting the rest of the actors to return. Guess they figure Shawn and Ciara and Belle cover it.

SS is way in the back on the right (hi Cass!) and yup, Ava and Stefan are there too. No sign of SH as Kristen though....

3 hours ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

Oh don't worry; I'm pretty sure that Theresa is going to be long gone by the time Doug's funeral rolls around. She's probably going to be rotting in prison for life by then. Besides, I saw an Instagram picture of Emily O'Brien doing some motion capture stuff for a video game project she's apparently working on. So it's safe to say that she's more than likely not filming at this point. 

Relieved. Sorry Emily. They had nothing good for you to do in Salem.

I saw a pic on social media of New Gabi with some new guy....anyone else see it? He had a cropped tshirt. Looked like he could be a new Sonny maybe but they just announced his real name and nothing else (Al something).

There's a pic of Cass and Paulina together on social media....so awesome to see them together again!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

She stopped filming in January from what I heard

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Who is that older gal with the shorter reddish hair on the left? She looks familiar... (Edit: Marie Horton?)

Honestly now after watching that, I think they just didn't bother with Hope and Bo because of the money they would want, and put those funds to use getting the rest of the actors to return. Guess they figure Shawn and Ciara and Belle cover it.

SS is way in the back on the right (hi Cass!) and yup, Ava and Stefan are there too. No sign of SH as Kristen though....

Relieved. Sorry Emily. They had nothing good for you to do in Salem.

I saw a pic on social media of New Gabi with some new guy....anyone else see it? He had a cropped tshirt. Looked like he could be a new Sonny maybe but they just announced his real name and nothing else (Al something).

There's a pic of Cass and Paulina together on social media....so awesome to see them together again!

I'll also be relieved when Emily finally leaves this show. This storyline with Theresa was an ordeal. What was the point of any of it? I'll bet that Tate won't even visit his mom in prison if she does end up going to prison possibly for life. Whatever, I'm sure this show will soon forget that she even existed in the first place anyway. Who cares? I'm just about done with this garbage show. They obviously don't care about the fans, only about their agenda. 

4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

She stopped filming in January from what I heard

I hope that's true. Theresa needs a long break as it is anyway. Hopefully it'll be a long time before she returns again and if she ever does come back, the writers better have a plan on how they want to write her. 

• Like 2