Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

Bill Hayes lived to be 98 years old, how many people will get to experience this type of blessing, sadly not too many.  So he was truly blessed and his family especially Susan should take comfort in that fact in their time of grief and not despair. I will look forward to watching all of his scenes in the future.

However, I don't think that I will be able to handle his final scenes ever on the show. So I will  just read the comments about them on here. 

• Like 7
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 2

I wonder if they'll edit out or reshoot his actual final scenes if they're not appropriately touching. For all we know his last scene could have been Doug calling Konstantin a jerk or something. They might trim out anything they need to so his final appearance will be sweet (and never air his actual final scenes).

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I wonder if they'll edit out or reshoot his actual final scenes if they're not appropriately touching. For all we know his last scene could have been Doug calling Konstantin a jerk or something. They might trim out anything they need to so his final appearance will be sweet (and never air his actual final scenes).

I kind of wish they'd done that for Victor. I'd much prefer his final scenes to have been embracing Maggie on their anniversary and telling her how lucky he was to have her over his actual final scenes with Leo Effing Stark 

• Like 8
  • Applause 3

Honestly, they should shoot footage to cover their asses for most of the vets.

I mean, poor Joe showed up to make faces at the camera because he couldn't deliver dialogue anymore. Was that really necessary? He had a degenerative condition. They knew that and could have filmed with him more while he was still able and spread the footage out, rather than write a bad story about Hope murdering Stefano only to call him back to set to try and correct it once he was in worse shape.

Same with John/Victor. They couldn't have thought ahead about this Xander storyline and filmed something to support the big reveal?

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Honestly, they should shoot footage to cover their asses for most of the vets.

I mean, poor Joe showed up to make faces at the camera because he couldn't deliver dialogue anymore. Was that really necessary? He had a degenerative condition. They knew that and could have filmed with him more while he was still able and spread the footage out, rather than write a bad story about Hope murdering Stefano only to call him back to set to try and correct it once he was in worse shape.

Same with John/Victor. They couldn't have thought ahead about this Xander storyline and filmed something to support the big reveal?

Just John reading a letter would have done as a voice over

• Like 7
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Since they didn’t do that with Victor I don’t see Doug faring better tbh

• Like 7

A clip of Bill in a Rodgers and Hammerstein production

The Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization on X: "We're saddened to hear about the passing of the oldest original cast member of a Rodgers & Hammerstein Broadway production. 🤍 Bill Hayes played Larry in the original production of Me and Juliet in 1953. To honor his memory, listen to him sing "You Are Never Away" from Allegro. https://t.co/1BorrZ6yIh" / X (twitter.com)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, oceanblue said:

I'm so glad their last scene was memorable.  I was afraid it would be something stupid like discussing the turkey trot or making the poor man babysit.  

Yeah I expected worse especially after Victor's last scenes.

• Like 2

No way will I accept another actress as Nicole. But I feel they will recast. Ari owns her role like so many others on this show. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 9

Re Arianne Zucker, I read the TMZ article and it seems she is out of contract. She says she was offered a take it or leave it contract. There’s no way she should be out of a job due to a despicable situation not of her making. I don’t understand why the PTB are doing this unless they want to send a message to the rest of the cast that it’s their way or the highway.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, rcc said:

No way will I accept another actress as Nicole. But I feel they will recast. Ari owns her role like so many others on this show. 

They will probably do that or cancel the show. Corday owns it and he would probably do it so he doesn’t have to pay her etc

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 2
59 minutes ago, worleybird said:

They are actually SEVEN months ahead now. Last week they filmed the Labor Day episode (September 2) Per Jason 247.

Face Palm GIF by merriam-webster

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Now I wonder if Anna Lynn McCord is a Nicole recast.

No. She's been filming for a while. I think she's an Abby recast 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1

A spokesperson from Corday productions and Albert Alaar's lawyer have released their statements on Arianne's lawsuit.

Corday Productions:

"In response, a spokesperson for Corday Prods. released this statement: “The allegations in Ms. Zucker’s lawsuit are without merit. Corday Productions offered to renew Ms. Zucker’s contract including offering her a pay increase. Rejecting Ms. Zucker’s counteroffer does not constitute retaliation.Complaints about Mr. Alarr’s on-set behavior were promptly investigated. Corday Productions fully cooperated with the impartial investigation and subsequently terminated Mr. Alarr.”

Albert's lawyer:

Added Robert M. Barta, attorney for Alarr: “As Albert said when Ms. Zucker first leveled these outrageous claims through the press last year, her baseless allegations were examined in a detailed and entirely independent investigation that lasted for two months. Dozens of individuals cooperated and every claim was thoroughly looked into. At the end of that process, the decision was made that Albert should continue in his role as Co-Executive Producer of Days of Our Lives. As Ms. Zucker’s own lawsuit all but admits, at a time of industry-wide cutbacks, she was aggressively seeking a significant personal pay increase and additional influence on the show. Having failed in those attempts, she is now – again – trying to exploit vile stereotypes to denigrate and demean a Black man who was in a position of power. Well, enough is enough. Every day for decades, Albert worked with hundreds of people who can – and will – testify about the falsity of Ms. Zucker’s mischaracterizations of him. We relish having a chance to share the truth and putting an end to her offensive claims once and for all.”

Shut up Albert. The racism card is pathetic 

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

No. She's been filming for a while. I think she's an Abby recast 

Maybe but Days tapes well in advance for all we know they were already aware this would happen.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I’m still on hiatus from watching (happy for Johnny and Channel but that’s about it) but wish Arianne Zucker all the best with this lawsuit.

If I look at the filming delay we may not see the non-Alarr stuff until next month (he was let go in early August)? I had hope for improvements all around but with this departure, I’m now doubtful.

It is very disheartening to see that even when the worst offender gets thrown out, the system remains toxic.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
18 minutes ago, Desperado said:

I’m still on hiatus from watching (happy for Johnny and Channel but that’s about it) but wish Arianne Zucker all the best with this lawsuit.

If I look at the filming delay we may not see the non-Alarr stuff until next month (he was let go in early August)? I had hope for improvements all around but with this departure, I’m now doubtful.

It is very disheartening to see that even when the worst offender gets thrown out, the system remains toxic.

His name vanished from the credits last week

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

retaliation.Complaints about Mr. Alarr’s on-set behavior were promptly investigated.

Promptly? Didn't it take weeks of outcry?

I wonder now who the actress with the antisemitism comments. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

Promptly? Didn't it take weeks of outcry?

I wonder now who the actress with the antisemitism comments. 

Yes I think it was months maybe 1/2 & the press picked it up to the point where they couldn't ignore it & keep him.

Quite a few people on Twitter including me believe it's Camila Banus. She's big right wing 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

a Black man who was in a position of power

Oh this is going to get nasty....

My jaw is on the floor you guys.

Goodbye Nicole? Goodbye show?

😮

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
25 minutes ago, Nique said:

Yes I think it was months maybe 1/2 & the press picked it up to the point where they couldn't ignore it & keep him.

Quite a few people on Twitter including me believe it's Camila Banus. She's big right wing 

Brandon is Jewish so that would be bold on her part if it’s her. 

This Alarr drama happening during Black History Month is something 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Oh man, I didn't even think of that...

Look, from what's already been said about the way women are treated there, I'm team Ari, but I honestly don't see the show surviving this...

...and I wonder which cast members will offer support....or inadvertently get roped in. I mean she is saying others were also mistreated so...is Nadia going to testify? Jen L? Martha M? Could they refuse? Do they have a choice if Ari sites them as a witness?

...this is major. Wow.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1

The legal document states 5 other actresses could corroborate Ari's story...all who were inexplicably let go. Using their character names, many believe they are Abby, Gabi, Chloe, Belle and original Theresa. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 6
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Honestly, I kinda love the gals banding together to support one another.

What are the odds this doesn't end the show, though...?

Ken owns the show I would be surprised if he didn’t cancel it out of spite. 

• Sad 6
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Brandon is Jewish so that would be bold on her part if it’s her. 

This Alarr drama happening during Black History Month is something 

He has come across like he couldn't stand her during covid years based on what days Twitter said. Like he did a 180 cause they were friends. I don't follow Brandon nor Camila so I really don't know but I thought she was at his wedding last year, like I swear I saw a picture on Twitter with his other co-stars. Maybe that isn't what I saw.

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, Nique said:

He has come across like he couldn't stand her during covid years based on what days Twitter said. Like he did a 180 cause they were friends. I don't follow Brandon nor Camila so I really don't know but I thought she was at his wedding last year, like I swear I saw a picture on Twitter with his other co-stars. Maybe that isn't what I saw.

Someone mentioned on another board they didn’t get along. If true they were professional.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 3

I really hate to say this because it’s just such an unfortunate situation that affects many, from the people who work on the show regardless of their roles to us viewers and fans, but what’s happening here is much more interesting than what we see on our screens. I would love to be a fly on the wall when depositions are taken. Apologize in advance if I have offended anyone.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Her statement was really admirable and sad :( She clearly did all she could to fix things and loves the show.

I really, really hope we see Nicole, Belle, Chloe and the others affected again...

• Like 4
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Her statement was really admirable and sad :( She clearly did all she could to fix things and loves the show.

I really, really hope we see Nicole, Belle, Chloe and the others affected again...

Ari as Nicole is never coming back because she's suing the show and Corday. That bridge is burnt.

The others have a shot if they don't join the lawsuit.

58 minutes ago, FrankOFoley said:

I really hate to say this because it’s just such an unfortunate situation that affects many, from the people who work on the show regardless of their roles to us viewers and fans, but what’s happening here is much more interesting than what we see on our screens. I would love to be a fly on the wall when depositions are taken. Apologize in advance if I have offended anyone.

Nope most of us think this. I thought for years that the soaps should just film BTS instead of what's on screen. Way more interesting.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Except the shows would get cancelled! Once the audience knows about the pet performers, retaliatory plotlines, rivalries, affairs, closeted actors and sexual harrassment, that'd pretty much ruin the fantasy, right?

1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Ari as Nicole is never coming back because she's suing the show and Corday. That bridge is burnt.

I guess I knew that, but putting it in writing is making it clear.

:(

So much for ever seeing Eric and Nicole as a real couple for a few years now. We'll be lucky now if they have a goodbye scene.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Except the shows would get cancelled! Once the audience knows about the pet performers, retaliatory plotlines, rivalries, affairs, closeted actors and sexual harrassment, that'd pretty much ruin the fantasy, right?

I guess I knew that, but putting it in writing is making it clear.

:(

So much for ever seeing Eric and Nicole as a real couple for a few years now. We'll be lucky now if they have a goodbye scene.

The fantasy has long been ruined thanks to the Internet anyways.

They could recast Nicole hell they might already have with Anna Lyn McCord in that mystery role. That would be the only way an Ericole reunion happens. 

• Like 2