Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Sidney said:

It was really sad watching Sarah yesterday. Ron managed to turn a strong self-confident woman into raving lunatic. If they can't give Lindsay anything better than this, I'd rather they wrote her off.

Ron only seems to write for/care about women as victims. I never watched OLTL, but I read he had one adult character believe she was back in high school and was constantly using and abusing DID and wearing out the rape trope.

The guy has issues with a capital I.

• Sad 3
6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Ron only seems to write for/care about women as victims. I never watched OLTL, but I read he had one adult character believe she was back in high school and was constantly using and abusing DID and wearing out the rape trope.

The guy has issues with a capital I.

Or if they’re psychos. Yeah Jessica on OLTL is the equivalent of Abby on this show. Well you get the rest…

• Sad 1
  • Love 2

I dont know where to post this, but I am watching the Daytime Emmys & they had a really nice tribute/Lifetime Achievment award for John Aniston, with an introduction by his daughter, Jennifer Aniston, and then Suzanne Rogers presented his award(even tho John was not able to be there in person).

• Like 1
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Update on Daytime Emmys: Ron accepted the award for Best Writing for a Daytime Drama...lots of the cast are there & excited for him...

I guess it's nice that the cast are because a lot of viewers and/or past ones aren't pleased that so much of the drivel he puts out gets rewarded.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I guess it's nice that the cast are because a lot of viewers and/or past ones aren't pleased that so much of the drivel he puts out gets rewarded.

This means we are stuck with him till the last episode..

• Sad 8

Well, I am trying to think of everything.  Galen Gering & Camilla Banus presented an award, Camilla looked so pretty in a full skirted gown & Galen always Handsome in a Tux.  Ari Zucker was there with a young woman(I am assuming her Teen-age daughter?) When they had a Kiss-Cam, Ari Zucker kissed some woman at their table, lol.  Deidre was sitting with Thaoo Pengalis & Galen & his wife, Jenna.  Billy Flynn was sitting with Stephen Nicols.  Marci Miller was there with her husband, she looked pretty...The actress who plays Ali Horton(I dont remember her name) was there with I am assuming is her Boyfriend, she was very emotional during the tribute to John Aniston.  Robert Wilson(Ben/Ollie) was there with a glamorous looking woman, I guess the new GF?  Ken Corday was at a table with Ron C. & Albert Alaar.   Susan Lucci looked pretty(but she always does) as she introduced the "In Memoriam" and then Michael Bolton sang a song.  Drew Barrymore gave out the Final Award for Best Daytime Drama which went to "General Hospital".  Everyone was happy to have the Awards in person again.  

• Love 6
10 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

When they had a Kiss-Cam, Ari Zucker kissed some woman at their table, lol. 

That was her daughter, I assume. She kissed her cheek. The daughter looked mortified to be on TV lol.

10 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

The actress who plays Ali Horton(I dont remember her name) was there with I am assuming is her Boyfriend, she was very emotional during the tribute to John Aniston.

That was John Harlan Kim (Nancy Drew, 9-1-1, The Librarians) and he is indeed her boyfriend. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Jaded said:

She looks more like someone who's going to appear on Dancing With the Stars in that dress.

I think she wanted  her ex to see her and we all know who he is..

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I think she wanted  her ex to see her and we all know who he is..

She is a beautiful girl with a great body but always squeezes it into outfits too small for her

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

The white shoes did not work with the ice dancer dress.

Liked Chanel’s, Nicole’s, even Lani’s. Gwen’s was okay - not my style. Abigail dressed like Abigail.

I quite liked Allie too. I'd wear that

• Like 3
  • Love 1
Just now, Artsda said:

I get John not being there, I don't get why he didn't film a thank you video to air. That makes me worry about his current health.

This. I didn't expect him to be there but to not even film a piece for them to show is very concerning.

• Sad 1
  • Love 4
On 6/25/2022 at 2:10 PM, brisbydog said:

Everybody's outfits. VK trying too hard as usual

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/vk9b4v

VK looks like she's trying to be a Kardashian, and I'm pretty sure Miami Vice called BF (Chad) after the show wanting their wardrobe back. 

On 6/25/2022 at 2:31 PM, Frozendiva said:

The white shoes did not work with the ice dancer dress.

Liked Chanel’s, Nicole’s, even Lani’s. Gwen’s was okay - not my style. Abigail dressed like Abigail.

Agree. Abby, Gabby, Marlena, EJ--all dressed like they just walked off the set of filming. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I always figured they just went to Macy's or Zara's and called it a day.

They should, but these clothes are coming from Nordstrom's and shit and costing like over $100 so it does make sense that it's just the actors' own clothes. The show doesn't have the money to pay for expensive clothes lol.

• Love 3
On 6/27/2022 at 4:37 AM, JBC344 said:

When they showed John's tribute they flashed to Lindsay Arnold who was in tears. I'm wondering if John is in poor health and the cast may know something. 

Has she ever had scenes with him? Because due to Covid 19 and his own health, he has been limited filming to only characters that he would normally interact with (Kiriakis family).

• Love 2
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

Has she ever had scenes with him? Because due to Covid 19 and his own health, he has been limited filming to only characters that he would normally interact with (Kiriakis family).

No scenes together so far. That is why I thought it was more personal as in she knows he isn't around the set due to COVID or God forbid she and the cast have information that he won't be with us long. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, nilyank said:

They haven't interacted.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ever? Huh. I thought maybe when she first came on...am I misremembering or was she critical of Victor as a husband?

That never happened at least with Allie. Why would she care about Maggie?

Didn't know where to put this, so I figured this thread seems to be the most appropriate. Hollywood Graveyard on YouTube just released another video, this time checking out the final resting spots of stars buried in western states. Well, @8:22, in Colorado, the grave of Richard Biggs (ex-Marcus Hunter) is featured!

(I tagged the video to start at his segment. Enjoy!)

ETA: And @21:24, if you're a fan of Grumpy Cat, their grave is also featured, buried in a pet cemetery in Arizona!

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

This isn't a surprise but official 

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/steve-burton-files-for-divorce/

STEVE BURTON FILES FOR DIVORCE

Steve Burton (Harris, DAYS: BEYOND SALEM 2; ex-Jason, GH) has filed for divorce from his wife, Sheree, after 23 years of marriage, according to TMZ.com. Burton revealed on May 4 that the pair had separated in an Instagram message in which he also confirmed that the child Sheree is expecting is not his. The two share three children: Makena, Jack and Brooklyn.To read the full article, click here.

• Useful 1
10 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I'm sure his divorce attorney must be elated to have a pretty clearcut infidelity cause to cite during the proceedings. 

It would depend on when they separated.  Just because the world found out about their separation when she announced her pregnancy and Steve said it wasn't his doesn't mean they hadn't already separated when she started dating someone else.

Do they even live in a state where infidelity is a reason for a divorce? 

• Like 1

Yeah my understanding is they have been separated a while before she got pregnant. No idea when that relationship started but I would assume the estranged wife would be smarter than to get pregnant as a result of infidelity.  

• Like 1
Just now, Lucas Rowan said:

That's interesting.  What happened there?

Let's just say some battles erupted due to Branco's idiocy and things got immature and stupid. If you Google Nelson Branco and Crystal Chappell, you can probably get the details...

4 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Let's just say some battles erupted due to Branco's idiocy and things got immature and stupid. If you Google Nelson Branco and Crystal Chappell, you can probably get the details...

Goshs, I remember that time. What fun it was! lol.   CC antics online really turned me off her.  Respect to KA for staying out of it.   Of course, I don't know what happened onset that caused CCs dislike of KA

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Swartz said:

Goshs, I remember that time. What fun it was! lol.   CC antics online really turned me off her.  Respect to KA for staying out of it.   Of course, I don't know what happened onset that caused CCs dislike of KA

I stress that this part is NOT FACT, because I have seen no corroboration, but I read during that whole mess that CC also - unlike 1.0 Carly - was also resentful of Peter Reckell because he didn't seem to care for Bo being a cheater (as written), so it sounds like things were just a mess behind the scenes.

• Love 1