Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

CanaryFan98:   thanks for posting that. I was wondering if there'd been an update.

Here's another earlier update from that Twitter account, including a pic of Vincent in the hospital.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

Has Anyone read the people magazine article on Lindsey Godfrey and her diagnosis of border polar mental illness? Sounds like she has a lot to deal with😞

Do you mean bipolar?

• Love 2

Sad that Ron will probably be the headwriter when the show is cancelled. He's done nothing to improve ratings.  Basically just rewrites stories from the 90s.   Camp , camp , camp

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Swartz said:

Sad that Ron will probably be the headwriter when the show is cancelled. He's done nothing to improve ratings.  Basically just rewrites stories from the 90s.   Camp , camp , camp

God forbid the audience isn't agog at his brilliance with the lazy, stale devil garbage. Or Sarah as Renée Dumonde, a character that died close to 40 years ago...

• Love 6
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I'll never forget the story that during his GH days he called the school of a teenager who also thought he was a crappy writer. That told me all I need to know about him... as awful as Dena was I don't think she ever took it that far.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I'll never forget the story that during his GH days he called the school of a teenager who also thought he was a crappy writer. That told me all I need to know about him... as awful as Dena was I don't think she ever took it that far.

What!!!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Arrogant IMMATURE ass for sure.  I used to work in publishing and while it didn't happen often, occasionally an author would want to respond to a bad review and we'd always tell them, "don't do it!" If you're going to be a writer you have to learn to take feedback and constructive criticism as well as let things roll off your back.  Clearly, Corday needs to give him a time out from Twitter. 

• Love 10
On 3/7/2022 at 7:02 PM, SanDiegoInExile said:

It could be the start of a new trend.....re-visiting Stefano's dozen (mostly dead) children.  We do know that Benji Hawk DiMera had a baby son.  Move that now-young adult into the Mansion.  And maybe check out that distant wing of the building where no one ever goes.  We could find Megan Hathaway, rocking in a chair, Rolf's first "patient" brought back to life.  We know Cheryl Anne Wilson was practically begging to be cast a few years ago.....

Steven Hawk is Benjy's son. I've always said he needs to be on the show. The closest we got is a phone call between Steven and Aunt Gabi last year when he used his shares and sided with Gabi and Jake. 

• Love 3

Adrienne Frantz and Scott Bailey, who played the kinky couple who wanted a partner swap with Ben and Ciara on the digital series, have had a baby, their third. A boy named Killian Lachlan.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

That's...a lot of Ls.

Why not Gavin? Or Edward? Maybe Reginald?

...it's like parents never say their kid's name out loud before deciding. There should be a natural ring to it.

I'm sure they said it out loud.  I think it does sound good altogether.  Mellifluous with all the Ls.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I guess this is the best place for this:

I'm sure everyone will be aghast lol. I think Days actually is the best written soap currently tbh but this will only make Ron even more insufferable.

Yep, this will totally go to his head.  Won't even fit through the Brady Pub door anymore. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

That's nice.

With only 4 soaps left, though, isn't an award for Best Writing more on par with being the Valedictorian at an 8th Grade Graduation?

Edited by boes
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, RedElf said:

Ironic considering they couldn't even get a nomination for the Daytime Emmy for writing.

I feel like the WGA is more prestigious than the Daytime Emmy tbh. The Daytime Emmys are trash. Which, again, just means Ron is gonna be 10 times more insufferable now lol.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

That's...a lot of Ls.

Why not Gavin? Or Edward? Maybe Reginald?

...it's like parents never say their kid's name out loud before deciding. There should be a natural ring to it.

Its a family name well Lachlan they chose Killian.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Apparently I don't know good writing or good names.

😄

Don't feel bad.  I think every boy child should be named Arnold Ziffell.

• LOL 9
6 hours ago, boes said:

Don't feel bad.  I think every boy child should be named Arnold Ziffell.

I always thought it would be great to name a girl Hortense.  That way, when she became a teenager and decided she hated you, she would have a REALLY good reason.

• LOL 9
12 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Good for her....but is it really that exciting? I mean...it's a school. Not a guarantee of a good life.

I would hope people can be excited about good things even if they don't mean a guarantee of a good life.

But yes, it is a significant accomplishment.  Stanford is very hard to get into and has a low acceptance rate. For someone at this stage in her life, who wants to go to college, it's exciting.

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

That sounds fun! I'll have to actually watch that one.

I thought they'd quiz each other but they just explained what they all meant.  They should have left Rob out of it because, as Paul said, most of his were the result of accent/not enunciating more than coming up with slang terms. 

It was worth it for the producer or director to tell Paul to mind his kilt. 

• Love 12

Make no mistake, I am happy for her, but all the jumping and screaming...maybe I've just become jaded or weary but I don't think any school is the answer. Guess it depends on what you plan to do with it.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Make no mistake, I am happy for her, but all the jumping and screaming...maybe I've just become jaded or weary but I don't think any school is the answer. Guess it depends on what you plan to do with it.

Maybe you just don't get excited about things. I know I don't.  But I'm also not an actress in touch with my emotions.

Stanford is THE answer if the question is "what's a great university with a great drama program whose name could open doors for me, career-wise, if I decide to pursue something other than acting but also will help me study acting?"

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

They should have left Rob out of it because, as Paul said, most of his were the result of accent/not enunciating more than coming up with slang terms. 

I'm glad Rob was there if only because Paul kept sort of slightly shading him and I found it hilarious.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Aussie, Scot or Masshole? Watch @DgFeuerriegel @PaulTelfer and @MrRobertScott play a little game of regional slang! #days https://t.co/hJtahWGAOL

As a native New Englander, I have a question. Is "So don't I" a regional thing?  If so, I didn't realize.  

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Katy M said:

As a native New Englander, I have a question. Is "So don't I" a regional thing?  If so, I didn't realize.  

I have never heard it before. Live in Canada with British background 

• Useful 2
16 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

As someone who has a Masters Degree I agree College in the grand scheme of things is a scam unless you get a useful degree. You would be better off learning a trade if you want to make $$$ and have no debt(I don't have debt getting my degrees but others aren't so fortunate). 

I also think those filming their reactions are doing it for the 'Gram' however considering the existence of Onlyfans etc I think that its at least wholesome. 

As for Lauren I think she is more grounded than her peers and probably wants to go to Stanford for other reasons that aren't related to acting. If so at least she appears to have a good head on her shoulders.

• Love 4
On 4/26/2022 at 4:12 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

I wonder if his daughter will present his award would be sweet if she did.

Other DOOL cast members have racked up 34+ years.  Only one has a superstar child, whose appearance on a lowly rated awards show, could juice the numbers a bit.

CBS and 'the academy' are counting on a Jennifer Ratings Boost.

• Useful 2
19 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

Other DOOL cast members have racked up 34+ years.  Only one has a superstar child, whose appearance on a lowly rated awards show, could juice the numbers a bit.

CBS and 'the academy' are counting on a Jennifer Ratings Boost.

I think that's the reason I like John of course and think he should be celebrated while he's with us but Levar Burton's award is way more significant to me.

Giving it to John screams PR stunt to me.