Type keyword(s) to search

First Looks: Upcoming Episodes Season 5

• Start Topic

My take on Bravo's intention is probably the opposite of yours.

I think Andy/Bravo absolutely relish catching these women off guard and hope to capture them in the worst possible light in the most uncomfortable situations, not just in this franchise, but in all of the franchises.  

I think they have far more to gain in terms of ratings payoff with a "sneak attack" than with forewarning.

Such as in this case.

Mileage may and will vary, of course.  

You may be right.  I'm just not as sure about it as you are.  Within the context of this insanity, anything is possible.  

• Love 1

I totally get where Eileen is coming from. When I was little one of my sisters married a toxic guy, and there were many nights I would go to bed while the house was in uproar and wake up to everybody being fine and loving with each other, and they would either not tell me what happened or tell me I was wrong to still be upset. As she said, she's still on A and wants to know how they jumped to Z, especially if they want to leave Kyle and her high and dry on A. And if Kim didn't like my attitude before, she would get it in spades now!

I can get where Eileen is coming from too, in that I would be a little perplexed, but I don't think it wouldn't cross my mind that 1) production/lawyers interfered and made them play nice, or 2) Lisa is just trying to get through the rest of the trip without cutting a bitch so she's putting a cork in her rage, or 3) Both.  I'd want to know, if I were Eileen and Kyle, but I wouldn't hold it against Lisa for being exhausted by the whole thing and doing what she needed to do to get through it, for now. 

I hope Eileen doesn't blame Lisa for it, because we don't need another round of misplaced HW anger.  Everyone needs to stay focused. 

For myself, I don't know how I'd go about this if I were Lisa.  There's no way I am going to forgive or forget, but I would apologize for my behavior.  I wouldn't speak to that snatch otherwise though.  No bullshitting from me on that end.  I'd also try to pull Eileen and Kyle aside and let them know what the real deal was.

• Love 5

Totally off topic, but I learned yesterday that Kyle is going to be at the same event as I am. I didn't figure I would see her as I will be busy with my own stuff and there are about 100,000 people here. I found out at the end of the day that she will be at the booth very near mine (strange since there are over 5000 booths) and we will be in close proximity to each other for several hours. I am interested to see how she reacts to the fans and what kinds of questions/comments are made to her. I am also interested in seeing her hair live and in person.

That is so cool! Pardon my ignorance, but is she promoting something, or do celebs just come because they're a draw? (I'm guessing it's some kind of trade show?). Anyway, I co-sign slipping her an Al-Anon brochure suggestion. Let us know when it is!

• Love 2
(edited)

Yo wasn't spearheading some misguided intervention attempt, she was opening up the floor to things that touched people "deeply" so she could defend Bella and set the stage for Kim to speak her piece.

I can detail a list of things about YoFo that are not nice about her. She made deliberate choices to be an ass. The hearts on the cards for which she apologized (finally!). But, her behavior towards Joyce and Michael - disgusting. However, I will defend YoFo in this instance.  I totally agree that YoFo had no intent on making her dinner conversation about Kim or trying some intervention. None whatsoever. I am thinking it had to do more with trying to let the wives know that any conversations about her daughter being an alcoholic, are not appreciated and how there is no wiggle room for anyone to judge her daughter - if in fact any of the women had been talking about Bella, which I surely believe they didn't, it was just Brandi's stupid comments to YoFo that planted that seed in her head.   I felt YoFo's message was, addiction/alcoholism is a disease. She did touch upon the disease aspect during her convo with Brandi when they were together at YoFo's home. I think producers may have mentioned to YoFo she should somehow bring that up at the dinner, and with the LisaR connection (family members having died of alcoholism) and then the Kim connection, she was probably told how great it would be to just get this all out there. Let the ladies vent about their experiences with a sort of PSA mixed in for the viewers. Those Bravo producers, bless their hearts. [sarcasm].

I still remember, though, how YoFo was nasty about Taylor Armstrong's drinking. But, when her daughter does it or when Brandi was drunk? Stand back and don't judge! Okay, YoFo. Whatever. To quote Brandi, "Glass houses".

Of course, just my theory about producer manipulation. I could be totally wrong. I do believe there was no ill will on YoFo's part. That is my stance.

I also believe her heart was in the right place with Kyle, but that whole lecture about Kyle being a gift from God, or whatever shit she spewed...no. Just no.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5

This makes me laugh because Kyle is a spokesperson for Restasis-for chronic dry eye.  I cannot stand the Richards froggy voices.  I will say Kyle gets called out a lot on it and always says she can't help it she is emotional.  Maybe she should be hitting Kim's stash. 

OMG! How did I miss seeing this!  Weepy Kyle is the spokesperson for Restasis?

I haven't seen the commercial but just the idea of it cracks me up.

• Love 1

Thank you Trooper York for the Yoda picture and post!  I've been sick all week, and this is the pick-me-up I so desperately  needed.  Bwah!  I will now reference that in my mind every time Yolanda gives advice to someone.  I was picturing her as one of those gypsy mannequins in the glass case you see at the circus or fair in which you deposit a quarter, and she'd point to a card and give you your fortune, but the Yoda picture is soooo much better!

Thank you. I always think of her as Yodalanda. Just sayin'

Feel better.

• Love 4

Here is the difference between Adrienne and Lisar/HH. It seems the "secret" was leaked. Andy was even mad that Adrienne confirmed before the season finale. Everyone seemed to know what the secret was and it was a mere formality that it was not aired. Yes, Adrienne did threaten NBC/Universal with legal action-not that idiot Brandi, because she had a contract that excluded her children from the normal conditions of subjecting oneself to falsehoods and editing. Suing Brandi would not have achieved not airing the surrogacy. This story has been out since November of 2014 if there was something there would a body by now or a substantiated rumor.

Now we have Kyle saying that Kim did not cop to making anything up. Kim's comments are pretty generic. She says pretty much the same thing this week to Eileen to "focus on your own family", and that is after Eileen suggests that talking about sobriety is a slippery slope. http://extratv.com/2015/03/05/kyle-richards-responds-to-rhobh-fight-between-sister-kim-and-lisa-rinna/ I think it is pretty much a catch all retort for Kim. I guess she has surpassed the 'your mama' phase in her life.

Eileen's niece was rumored to have died from a drug overdose too. Im surprised this hasn't been brought up by Eileen.

• Love 2
(edited)

My take on Bravo's intention is probably the opposite of yours.

I think Andy/Bravo absolutely relish catching these women off guard and hope to capture them in the worst possible light in the most uncomfortable situations, not just in this franchise, but in all of the franchises.

I think they have far more to gain in terms of ratings payoff with a "sneak attack" than with forewarning.

Such as in this case.

Mileage may and will vary, of course.

I'm so lucky in that Mr. Persnickety loves these craptastic shows as much as I do.

He's the one that got me hooked on VPR.

No shame in our game. We love this tawdry crap.

It's anthropology. Put the human rats in a human cage and turn on the camera.

As Altman said, " you turn on the camera and wait for the magic."

Either you're Salieri or you're not. Me, I hear the music.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 2
(edited)

I can detail a list of things about YoFo that are not nice about her. She made deliberate choices to be an ass. The hearts on the cards for which she apologized (finally!). But, her behavior towards Joyce and Michael - disgusting. However, I will defend YoFo in this instance. I totally agree that YoFo had no intent on making her dinner conversation about Kim or trying some intervention. None whatsoever. I am thinking it had to do more with trying to let the wives know that any conversations about her daughter being an alcoholic, are not appreciated and how there is no wiggle room for anyone to judge her daughter - if in fact any of the women had been talking about Bella, which I surely believe they didn't, it was just Brandi's stupid comments to YoFo that planted that seed in her head. I felt YoFo's message was, addiction/alcoholism is a disease. She did touch upon the disease aspect during her convo with Brandi when they were together at YoFo's home. I think producers may have mentioned to YoFo she should somehow bring that up at the dinner, and with the LisaR connection (family members having died of alcoholism) and then the Kim connection, she was probably told how great it would be to just get this all out there. Let the ladies vent about their experiences with a sort of PSA mixed in for the viewers. Those Bravo producers, bless their hearts. [sarcasm].

I still remember, though, how YoFo was nasty about Taylor Armstrong's drinking. But, when her daughter does it or when Brandi was drunk? Stand back and don't judge! Okay, YoFo. Whatever. To quote Brandi, "Glass houses".

Of course, just my theory about producer manipulation. I could be totally wrong. I do believe there was no ill will on YoFo's part. That is my stance.

I also believe her heart was in the right place with Kyle, but that whole lecture about Kyle being a gift from God, or whatever shit she spewed...no. Just no.

I don't think there was any ill will on Yo's part either, but I'm finding it very plausible that she was part of some "put the rumours to bed" venture along with Brandi and Kim. On Yo's side, and this is of course my speculation, I would think she expected a civilized exchange where she spoke for understanding for her situation with Bella, and that Kim would have a chance to let the entire group know that, while she appreciated their concern for her (Ha!), she had it covered, story over. But Kim came loaded for bear.

I think Yo's interactions with Kyle here really show that she's been washing down her vitamins and supplements with Brandi and Kim's koolaid. Wonder what she's been thinking as she watched the episodes waiting to hear the women gossip about her daughter?

Edited by Found A Peanut
  • Love 6

I'm so lucky in that Mr. Persnickety loves these craptastic shows as much as I do.

He's the one that got me hooked on VPR.

No shame in our game.  We love this tawdry crap.  

Then that makes you and the mister, the antithesis of persnickety!

• Love 2
(edited)

I haven't been on these broads long but you can bring the humor with splash of truth. This week YodaLemons!

LOL  YodaLemons.   You just gave Yo a name for her new lemon cleanse drink; Yo's YodaLemon Cleanse: It'll give you ancient wisdom and shiny hair!

Edited by SwordQueen

LOL  YodaLemons.   You just gave Yo a name for her new lemon cleanse drink; Yo's YodaLemon Cleanse: It'll give you ancient wisdom and shiny hair!

LMFAOOoo She better give me some money or at least shoutout if she takes this name

• Love 2

The two groups sort of illustrated the two different ways this show can go. In one direction you are classy at the Rembrandt museum and the fancy chocolate factory. In the other you go out and try some dildos for size. Which way do you think Satan Andy is gonna go?

This is too funny. I laughed out loud for real. 

Kyle should be tired of having to be the "strong one" in her relationship with Kim.    However, her "fleeing" the restaurant sent an entirely different message.  That's just not what strong means to me.  I will give her credit for coming back and telling Kim that her actions were indefensible.   It's about freakin' time.  Even so, I have a hard time feeling sorry for someone who seeks attention by crying and whining in that froggy voice.  She's always wiping her eyes and yet I've rarely seen them even puddle up.

Actually, it was before she fled the restaurant that she was telling Kim her actions were indefensible.  I don't think anyone was sitting down after the glass was thrown and Kyle ran and I definitely recall Kim complaining that Kyle was never or her side and Kyle telling her that she was saying all these things and how could she (Kyle) defend her when they were sitting and arguing.

And the tears - definitely real on the bus and she doesn't ever appear to be faking it to my (non-theatric) eyes.

• Love 4

Actually, it was before she fled the restaurant that she was telling Kim her actions were indefensible.  I don't think anyone was sitting down after the glass was thrown and Kyle ran and I definitely recall Kim complaining that Kyle was never or her side and Kyle telling her that she was saying all these things and how could she (Kyle) defend her when they were sitting and arguing.

And the tears - definitely real on the bus and she doesn't ever appear to be faking it to my (non-theatric) eyes.

Was it?  I thought it was when Kyle came back in because she was saying it while still in the doorway.  Of course my memory isn't what it used to be but maybe someone else can clairfy that point.

Yes, the tears were real on the bus but she pulls that weepy "poor me" act so often that I'd think she'd be dehydrated by now if her tears were real.

• Love 2

I would completely be with Eileen on this one. "da fuck? You made up ... after swearing on your life that you would NEVER talk to her again? And now you're taking your ass shopping with those bints?" "Yeah, no, I'mmma sit this shopping trip out and go to the museum. You fucktarts have a good day."

I mean, I get Lisa's willingness to suck it up to make the rest of the trip go smoothly, but I do NOT get voluntarily spending my day with those character assasins. Nothing Kim said that we heard, and nothing she could have said behind the scenes would have made me forgive and forget that shit. You don't want to rehash, fine. Say "Girls, we can talk about this tomorrow or when we get back, today I just want to chillax ('cause you know they're corny and a million slang years behind) and they'd have been cool with it. She didn't have to go to the extreme of avoiding them altogether. I don't know about you, Rinna. Thought you were a real badass, but it seems like Eileen is the true gangster of the group. Respect, Ashley!!

And damn, I like shopping as much as the next chick (and maybe more than some, if my closet was telling this story) but I would for sure have been with Kyle and Eileen. You can buy dildoes and assless panties back in LA.

I really just had the urge to slap Kim's face. She was enjoying herself immensely having scorched the damned earth so that nobody would ever plant their compassion in her field of addiction ever again. Yes, Kyle, I know I'm indefensible!

• Love 15

Eileen's niece was rumored to have died from a drug overdose too. Im surprised this hasn't been brought up by Eileen.

Yet.  We never heard about Lisar's dead sister until that dinner either, yet we heard all about Harry's alcoholic brothers.  She's got to keep something in her back pocket to poke Kim's crazy for their next trip.  Same time next year.

• Love 4
(edited)

I am sure Yolanda not only doesn't see the irony, she probably doesnt know what irony means but seriously Yo? You are fabulously rich yet spend most of the season telling us how worried you are about your sick mom but only visit her for a storyline? Yes please lecture Kyle about her burdens. Then go stuff some lemons down your throat.

I have no doubt that, as stupid as she is, Yo is shrewd enough to be scared of whatever Brandi is holding over head so I get she wont stand against her or the junkie. But she could just Shut the F up.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 10
(edited)

Yet. We never heard about Lisar's dead sister until that dinner either, yet we heard all about Harry's alcoholic brothers. She's got to keep something in her back pocket to poke Kim's crazy for their next trip. Same time next year.

I believe Eileen's niece left behind young children. That would be a great reason not to bring it up, in my opinion, though I have no idea what Eileen is thinking. Other than mentioning losing her two sisters, I don't think she got specific when she talked to the other Housewives, did she?

I can't imagine wanting to share anything painful and personal with disrespectful assholes like Kim and Brandi, anyway, but maybe watching it is different from living it. I've certainly let relationships drag on in my personal life that any objective observer would have been able to plainly see were toxic and needed to be terminated with extreme prejudice. I relate to what I see going on with both Lisar and Kyle here where they seem to keep thinking that if they could just explain themselves a little bit more then the understanding will finally happen. Nope. So, Eileen looks to be coming from a healthier place to me even if this talk she's having with Lisar seems pushy and drama seeking. Eileen seems to be done with Brandi, she won't drag it out trying to reach an understanding. She's done. She's confused about Lisar's behavior because, while I expect that Kim is also in the deadzone with her, Eileen appears to want the social niceties observed so that she can accept an apology and then move forward being distantly cordial coworkers with Kim as she has with Brandi. Maybe she's having trouble following the sequence of events here because she's just not as fluent in the ways of dysfunction as some of the others. Eileen should be asking Yoda to explain the deal, poor Lisar is so spun around she's just dizzy.

Edited by Found A Peanut
  • Love 2
(edited)

Was it?  I thought it was when Kyle came back in because she was saying it while still in the doorway.  Of course my memory isn't what it used to be but maybe someone else can clairfy that point.

Yes, the tears were real on the bus but she pulls that weepy "poor me" act so often that I'd think she'd be dehydrated by now if her tears were real.

Kyle said it when Kim started in on Eileen which prompted Kim to go into her, you are never there to defend me but Brandi and Kathy are, part of her tirade. When Kyle returned she used the word indefensible when Kim continued to mock her.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

Kyle said it when Kim started in on Eileen which prompted Kim to go into her, you are never there to defend me but Brandi and Kathy are, part of her tirade. When Kyle returned she used the word indefensible when Kim continued to mock her.

She said it twice? That explains the mixup. Isn't it nice when everyone is right? LOL

• Love 2

Yes it's easy for Yolanda to say since she and her brother are a good distance apart! 

And how awkward you can tell that was once again production driven to see what will happen when these four hang together.  Lisa R still seems shook since her confrontation with Kim.  Like she's now walking on eggshells now.

Agreed!  There's nothing like an entire ocean to cut down on sibling arguments!

• Love 5

The latest First Look really changed my mind about Lisa Rinna. I'd had some doubts about her after the poker party, when she seemed to gravitate toward Kim instead of avoid her. I mentioned here before, but I don't trust people who try hard to be accepted by other people who treat them poorly. I understand LisaR would rather keep the peace and doesn't want to rehash the arguments, but to be so bosom-buddy-ish with Kim makes LisaR look like a fool to me.

When Eileen met the other women in the hotel lobby and they all seemed to be trying to move away from her, I thought: Uh-oh, this is exactly what I expected would happen. Even LisaR gave her a quick one-armed hug but barely met her eye.

But Eileen is not a stupid woman! She called it. I was so pleased when she brought up LisaR's declaration that she will never speak to Kim again. However, I don't think Eileen's honesty/candor is going to get her anywhere. For whatever reason, people tend to move away from those who point out lies and hypocrisy. I bet Kyle will soon be treating Eileen as an outcast as well. Poor Eileen. I hope she abandons this group of lousy women.

• Love 3

Eileen has every right to react the way she wants to what happened but I don't see why she gives a fuck how Lisa deals with it.

This is how I saw it-Eileen advocated for Kim and Kyle and after the blow up Eileen stayed with both Lisar and Kyle.  Then all of sudden Lisar, without telling Eileen and Kyle reaches some sort of accord with Kim.  Next thing you know Eileen and Kyle are on the outs while the Lisas and Kim and Brandi trot off together.  I think Lisar went a little overboard and was a little shady sucking up to Kim and Brandi.

If I were Eileen or Kyle I would have second thoughts about advocating for Lisar.  When Brandi throws out the eating disorder Lisar just sits there like a big dumb bunny.  Lisar doesn't defend Eileen when Brandi calls her a homewrecker.  This is just another example of Brandi stirring up trouble by going around the table making disparaging remarks about everyone.  Of course she pulls her punches on those she likes.  Ho-hum just more of the hypocrite creed. 

BTW Brandi does drink too much, she is an alcoholic and she is a mean drunk.  So I really don't see what her point is.

• Love 5

This is how I saw it-Eileen advocated for Kim and Kyle and after the blow up Eileen stayed with both Lisar and Kyle.  Then all of sudden Lisar, without telling Eileen and Kyle reaches some sort of accord with Kim.  Next thing you know Eileen and Kyle are on the outs while the Lisas and Kim and Brandi trot off together.  I think Lisar went a little overboard and was a little shady sucking up to Kim and Brandi.

If I were Eileen or Kyle I would have second thoughts about advocating for Lisar.  When Brandi throws out the eating disorder Lisar just sits there like a big dumb bunny.  Lisar doesn't defend Eileen when Brandi calls her a homewrecker.  This is just another example of Brandi stirring up trouble by going around the table making disparaging remarks about everyone.  Of course she pulls her punches on those she likes.  Ho-hum just more of the hypocrite creed. 

BTW Brandi does drink too much, she is an alcoholic and she is a mean drunk.  So I really don't see what her point is.

I think it will be interesting to see the entire conversation between Eileen/LisaR to see if there is a real account of what happened between Lisar/Kim that Eileen understands/accepts.

Andy showed a clip on wwhl, of Kyle telling Kim about what Brandi has been saying behind her back. Kim screams "liar, you're lying!"

I guess that explains why kim is not talking to Brandi. She defended her to Kyle only to see it with her own eyes a couple weeks ago.

• Love 1

Because I get so annoyed when i miss it, I can now tell you that next week's first look will air Friday at 8:29 pm. You are all welcome !

Thanks Missy- I will remember to take a look.

Kim and Brandi haven't weaponized that piece of info yet to attack Eileen with.

Because I get so annoyed when i miss it, I can now tell you that next week's first look will air Friday at 8:29 pm. You are all welcome !

Thank you.

You're a good egg!

• Love 1

Ok, my TiVo is telling me that all first looks are 7-8 CST.  Like in one big bucket.  So I have to watch Atlanta first look so I can see BH?  Naw, I'll tivo and ff through the things I don't need.

• Love 1

Ok, my TiVo is telling me that all first looks are 7-8 CST.  Like in one big bucket.  So I have to watch Atlanta first look so I can see BH?  Naw, I'll tivo and ff through the things I don't need.

They aren't like that on my DirecTV. They are all one after the other, but mine record separately.  The only thing they chunk together is that Thicker than Water show onto the back of Atlanta.

Yikes. Honestly, Brandi's emotional troubles are as serious and troubling as Kim's addiction. They are both such messes, and they both need serious therapy/rehab. Stat!

I wish I could be phased by this meltdown of hers but the ship has sailed.  And where are her "tears?"

• Love 4

I wish I could be phased by this meltdown of hers but the ship has sailed.  And where are her "tears?"

It's true. It takes a lot for me to watch a mental breakdown and feel no sympathy whatsoever, but she and Kim are just so unlikeable.

• Love 3

Based on the preview for next weeks show( not first look) when Kyle talks to Kim, she is really putting a bad spin on what Brandi told Lisa R.  I believe that Brandi does care about Kim and knows she cannot talk to Kim about her sobriety because she herself is the worst kind of example. She does not want to be the one that lectures Kim . She hates that herself. So she didn't talk to Lisa, ratting out Kim behind her back. She was sharing a concern with someone she had just had a real good podcast session with. I don't think it was a nasty, gossipy thing. Kyle is putting a vicious spin on it. But, from Kyle's point of view , she is so afraid of the trust that Kim puts in Brandi and does not want her own personal history out there. If Kim keeps talking to Brandi, she will tell her past history.

Edited by missyb

That's not what happened. Brandi wasn't expressing concern about Kim to LisaR at all. Lisa asked to talk to Brandi about her own issues (Brandi's); she was getting to know her, and wanted to know what was underneath all her spiteful behavior. Brandi was uncomfortable and defensive, and manipulated the conversation onto a different topic - Kim. More specifically - Kim's relapse. The whole talk was about taking the heat off of her (remember, she hates lectures and self-analysis), not about concern for Kim. None. Zero.

• Love 9

Based on the preview for next weeks show( not first look) when Kyle talks to Kim, she is really putting a bad spin on what Brandi told Lisa R.  I believe that Brandi does care about Kim and knows she cannot talk to Kim about her sobriety because she herself is the worst kind of example. She does not want to be the one that lectures Kim . She hates that herself. So she didn't talk to Lisa, ratting out Kim behind her back. She was sharing a concern with someone she had just had a real good podcast session with. I don't think it was a nasty, gossipy thing. Kyle is putting a vicious spin on it. But, from Kyle's point of view , she is so afraid of the trust that Kim puts in Brandi and does not want her own personal history out there. If Kim keeps talking to Brandi, she will tell her past history.

I cannot find this preview and I am dying to see it because this is what I have been waiting for. Where can I see it?

I cannot find this preview and I am dying to see it because this is what I have been waiting for. Where can I see it?

There's no extended sneak peak (as far as I know), but a clip of the scene in question is part of the preview for next week's episode. A few posts up there's a link for Bravo's site (sneak peak), and there are two quick videos. Click on the first clip, and you'll see it. It's truly just a snippet.

There's no extended sneak peak (as far as I know), but a clip of the scene in question is part of the preview for next week's episode. A few posts up there's a link for Bravo's site (sneak peak), and there are two quick videos. Click on the first clip, and you'll see it. It's truly just a snippet.

Thanks Lotus. I've seen this one, but thought I might be missing something. There wasn't enough there for me to determine what kind of spin Kyle was putting on it so I was confused.

• Love 1

Thanks Lotus. I've seen this one, but thought I might be missing something. There wasn't enough there for me to determine what kind of spin Kyle was putting on it so I was confused.

I think the poster was just going by this quick clip, because Kyle was MAD, with a capital M. I'll add that Andy showed an extended clip of this scene a few nights ago on WWHL, but I swear, all I can remember is Kim really going at it with the "you're lying" accusations. Wish I could deliver more. Funny how anticipated these last few episodes (and the reunion) are.

• Love 3

Even still it's very important that Kim know Brandi is the one who told Lisa it was so serious, because THAT information informed all of Lisa's actions.

Kim sat at that table and said ALL my friends know I'm sober and had I been Lisa I absolutely would have mentioned, that Brandi, in fact, doesn't think that at all.  

• Love 8