Type keyword(s) to search

First Looks: Upcoming Episodes Season 5

• Start Topic

Kyle's allowed to scream in her sister's face "FUCK YOU!" and to start the fight in Palm Springs

As if Kim never uttered such words and never started anything. Who was it that fucked up Poker Night?  Brandi had a hand in that as well. LisaR and Kyle were trying to enjoy the night and those two hyenas began their belligerent behavior, calling Kyle "stupid" and just being obnoxious and rude to everyone. Kim started hers in the limo. For all of Brandi's talk about being physical, didn't Kim kick LisaR in the limo?

• Love 8

LAST TIME.  People are responsible for their own actions and words.  Kyle's behavior is Kyle's.  Kim's is Kim's.  Lipsa's is Lipsa's.  Brandi's is Brandi's.  You don't get to blame your behavior on someone else. 

Own your own shit.

Hopefully, this time I made clear what I am trying to say.  These are grown ups, there is no "but she made me do it!" anymore.  Let alone "but she did it TOO!"  God.  I don't put up with that crap from kindergarten kids.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 5

LAST TIME.  People are responsible for their own actions and words.  Kyle's behavior is Kyle's.  Kim's is Kim's.  Lipsa's is Lipsa's.  Brandi's is Brandi's.  You don't get to blame your behavior on someone else. 

Own your own shit.

Everybody owned up to their shit except Kim and Brandi. They never have. Ever. And I simply don't get what bad behavior Kyle needs to "own." She's guilty of reacting to Kim and Brandi's bullshit, but she doesn't initiate anything, and she doesn't go below the belt. She engages when she shouldn't, and she cries a lot. So what? I've heard her acknowledge that all the time, and she calls herself a "wuss." So she owns it!

• Love 10

I detailed a few examples in another post.  I'm not repeating myself, as the mods asked us not to.

But your examples aren't of anything that Kyle started, but rather things she reacted to. Plus, it's kind of your "different" take on things: ie. Kyle didn't "yell" at Kim after Lisa's outburst in Amsterdam. As I remember it, she was verbally assaulted by Kim, she was embarrassed and cried and ran away. So what behavior does she have to "own?" there? In Palm Springs, if they argued over the house, then each felt they had a point of view to defend. They both yelled at each other and pointed fingers, as they do, and Kim was even caught in a lie over the house being in escrow. So again, what bad behavior is she guilty of? And I don't remember her yelling "fuck you" to Kim, but if she did, I say hallelujah, Kyle! It's about time. Own it!

• Love 11

I think the majority of viewers feel that Kim's behavior has been horrid this season.

Own your own shit.

Hopefully, this time I made clear what I am trying to say.  These are grown ups, there is no "but she made me do it!" anymore.  Let alone "but she did it TOO!"  God.  I don't put up with that crap from kindergarten kids.

Yes Kim needs to own her shit. Kim, Brandi and anyone else who blames Kim's assholness on Monty, her addiction, lack of turtles in her life, her gd house being stolen, ect. Need to stop and encourage her to own the horrid shit she does without excuses. She and her enablers arelike a kid who kicks a puppy and then gets mad when it bites him. To expect Kyle and others not to react is at best dream like, in reality they are human.

• Love 10

I think Kyle escalated Palm Springs not Kim.  I watched it the other night.  Kim was calm at first talking about why she was upset with what had been happening between them.  She said, "I don't want to get into Amsterdam," and Kyle got angry, interrupted her, and started pointing fingers and said, "let's talk about it." She started talking about how she never said Kim wasn't sober (how would you feel if it were you!) and brought up Brandi.  Then the house came up. "I haven't talked about the house in so long."  Kim got manipulative/forgetful/caught in a lie about the listing of the house.  Not so sure about the original pay off of the house with Kathy.  

I think bringing Kim out to Palm Springs was a bad move on Kyle's part and put Kim on the defensive right away because of the prior tensions they had about the real estate issues.

IMO Kyle also couldn't wait to tell Kim that Brandi was talking to Lisa R about an intervention.  Questions is why?  To protect Kim's fragile sobriety or to crush her?  They are fucked up - the two of them.  Kim is Kim, and this post isn't about her and her alcoholic/drug addict manipulation mean girl asshole behavior.  This is about Kyle and how she was a bitch for pulling Kim out to the desert to tell her that her only support system right now also talked about her.  Kyle made it clear that she was washing her hands of Kim in Amsterdam, so wash your fucking hands of her and leave her to Brandi instead of isolating her further.

• Love 7

I guess I'm not a good person because if my sister was screaming at me time and time again that her friend was more like a sister to her than I was, and I knew that this so-called friend was saying the same things behind her back that she was bitching about everyone else for doing, I'd sure as hell want to let her know what kind of friend she was so righteously defending too. 

• Love 22

Interestingly Kyle seems to be backing Kim up that she has had only had one lapse in her sobriety in three years and that was Poker Night and only on Poker Night.

My take on that was Kyle was saying that Poker Night was the one acknowledged lapse in Kim's sobriety over the past 3 years.  Not that there hadn't been others, or that the family had concerns.  Pretty sure the Paris trip was within the last 3 years.  The 'mix-up' of meds for over a week could be considered a lapse.  Can't recall the timing of Hawaii.  The trip to PR or DR, supposedly Kim was found passed out in the hotel by production.  Then there was just about any scene filmed with her boyfriend human pet rock Ken.   My guess is that all those instances were swept under the rug and the only one to be acknowledged was Poker Night.  JMO.

I don't think the Prince in this episode is the same one from Millionaire Matchmaker unless there were 2.  The only 1 I saw (I rarely watch) was Prince Von Ahalt (something like that) who is the 'adopted' son of Zsa Zsa's current husband.  This guy looked nothing like him.  Could be massive weight loss.

• Love 1
I guess I'm not a good person because if my sister was screaming at me time and time again that her friend was more like a sister to her than I was, and I knew that this so-called friend was saying the same things behind her back that she was bitching about everyone else for doing, I'd sure as hell want to let her know what kind of friend she was so righteously defending too.

Exactly. I will take it a step farther and admit I would be thrilled to tell her. Sometimes truth cannoning can be satisfying.
  • Love 7

If this happens, and for whatever reason Kim comes back next season, who will be her friend? 

Kyle.  Thick as thieves. 

Kyle was able to get over LisaV telling everyone that she and Mo only cultivate friends for listings. And Camille letting Alison say that if her kids were missing she wouldn't help find them. She's forgiven these people who she now shares laughs and cocktails and trips to Vegas with. I don't doubt she'll forgive the one that shares blood and history.  In addition, when it comes to Kim she has no backbone.

Watch that scene again.

I did and I agree.  Kyle started it in PS. 

• Love 4

I don't buy Brandi's friendship with Kim being because she cares so much about her.  I think there are two reasons she's Kim's biggest champion; number one, none of the other women can stand her (Brandi), except Captain Save-a-Ho Yolanda, who I give props to for never giving up on a project even if it is a lost cause; and two, she loves to rub it in Kyle's face because of her jealousy and hatred of her.    

• Love 10

Well not a good, loving sister who cares about her own sister's sobriety like Kyle purports to. Why plan a trip out to a desert home where it is sure to stir up memories of resentment (warranted or not) where said sobriety-challenged sister would be isolated from her own home and any other avenue of support only to tell her that her so-called friend was actually no friend at all.  Pretty cold of Kyle.  Vindictive actually.  

Kyle has a great life.  Walk away from Kim and her craziness.  Kim will learn about Brandi's treason soon enough when the season airs.  Or if it is so important for Kim to know because she is your sister and everything, tell her at home where her family, kids etc will be there to soften the blow, and when the cameras aren't rolling. But I guess that wouldn't be satisfying enough for Kyle.  Kyle did it for Kyle, not for Kim.  And I can see why she did it.  She was pissed.  Doesn't mean it was nice or right.

• Love 5

Yes let's keep appeasing Kim's feelings because she doesn't have it all like the other women.  All the women should do their sitdowns at the  Jack in a Box or Fatburger to make Kim feel special.  Jesus why don't she just get off the show all together if she can't be around women who have more coin and better lifestyles than her!

• Love 13

Well not a good, loving sister who cares about her own sister's sobriety like Kyle purports to. Why plan a trip out to a desert home where it is sure to stir up memories of resentment (warranted or not) where said sobriety-challenged sister would be isolated from her own home and any other avenue of support only to tell her that her so-called friend was actually no friend at all.  Pretty cold of Kyle.  Vindictive actually.

Totally agree.  If my sister was running around saying I stole her house I would never let her step foot in my house again.

Continue to love and enjoy that fabulous vacation house Kyle.  Invite everyone for parties and weekends but keep Kim out of it.  She doesn't want to be there so why let her enjoy it.  Her kids, fine but not Kim.

• Love 9

Kyle has a great life.  Walk away from Kim and her craziness.  Kim will learn about Brandi's treason soon enough when the season airs.  Or if it is so important for Kim to know because she is your sister and everything, tell her at home where her family, kids etc will be there to soften the blow, and when the cameras aren't rolling. But I guess that wouldn't be satisfying enough for Kyle.  Kyle did it for Kyle, not for Kim.  And I can see why she did it.  She was pissed.  Doesn't mean it was nice or right.

This, all day long.

I get why they need to do these 'scenes' on camera (money) but when do they actually decide that the money outweighs everything else that is at risk - and just go balls to the wall destroyer mode? 

Kyle should contract LisaVDP's sign maker and have "Goddamned House Part Deux" etched into the glass of the front doors or loomed into the entry rug.  Tiled into the bottom of the pool would be classy, too, and one place LisaV didn't think of putting any signage.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 7

Well not a good, loving sister who cares about her own sister's sobriety like Kyle purports to. Why plan a trip out to a desert home where it is sure to stir up memories of resentment (warranted or not) where said sobriety-challenged sister would be isolated from her own home and any other avenue of support only to tell her that her so-called friend was actually no friend at all.  Pretty cold of Kyle.  Vindictive actually. 

Kyle has a great life.  Walk away from Kim and her craziness.  Kim will learn about Brandi's treason soon enough when the season airs.  Or if it is so important for Kim to know because she is your sister and everything, tell her at home where her family, kids etc will be there to soften the blow, and when the cameras aren't rolling. But I guess that wouldn't be satisfying enough for Kyle.  Kyle did it for Kyle, not for Kim.  And I can see why she did it.  She was pissed.  Doesn't mean it was nice or right.

I agree with some of what you say, jinjer, but the fact is Kyle and Mauricio bought a house in the desert, so what are the supposed to do?  Never speak of it or invite Kim to stay there because of her misplaced resentment?  Why did Kim even agree to go there since it was obvious that she had a chip on her shoulder the moment she walked through the door?  She could have suggested meeting somewhere else to talk.  And Kim wouldn't be sobriety-challenged if she'd admit she has a problem and did something about it, rather than everyone having to walk on egg shells because of it.

I feel that Kyle can't win most of the time with Kim.  If she just sat back, watching the Kim/Brandi dynamic and waited for Brandi to turn on fragile little Kim, rather than give her a heads up, then she'd be criticized once again for not "having her back".  I get so tired of hearing how Kyle never sticks up or speaks up for Kim, when Kim was shown several times watching Brandi go off on Kyle (in Eileen's driveway, at the Gay mixer about Mauricio) and never, ever steps up to defend Kyle. 

I do agree with you, jinjer, that Kyle needs to step away from Kim and enjoy the fabulous lifestyle that she has.   

• Love 6

Continue to love and enjoy that fabulous vacation house Kyle. Invite everyone for parties and weekends but keep Kim out of it. She doesn't want to be there so why let her enjoy it. Her kids, fine but not Kim.

I'm not known for being a defender of Kyle Richards but when it comes to Kim and her new house, she can't win. Unless Kim gets her shit together and lets go of the past, there's no way Kim will ever enjoy being in that house. Kim resents Kyle so whether she invites Kim or not, Kim will call her a mean and horrible sister. Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6

Kyle's allowed to scream in her sister's face "FUCK YOU!" and to start the fight in Palm Springs, and to yell at KIM after a lunatic throws a glass at her, and gets a pass because "poor Kyle has to deal with Kim."  No.  You own your behavior, it's always your choice how you act.  It is when you are 5, and it damn well is when you are closing in on 50.

But you are leaving out the context for each of these events.  It is much like Kim retelling the story of Amsterdam to Adrienne. She left out anything that might point to her own guilt in the story. Saying Kyle is allowed to scream "fuck you" to her sister without first stating that her sister's BFF had just told her that her husband didn't want her, while Kim just sits there and says nothing, is only telling the part of the story that makes Kyle look bad. 

I don't really get the "owning" ones behavior piece. It gets talked about all of the time. What does it really mean? I always think of it as meaning that you acknowledge what you did. Did I miss the part where Kyle is running around denying that she said "fuck you" to Kim? Didn't she say in her blog that it was the wrong response. What else is she supposed to be doing, because this gets brought up a lot. 

The other stuff, like yelling at Kim after Lisar threw a glass, or that Kyle started the fight in PS is really just perception and opinion. Many of the folks who watched it will say that this is not the way it went down. I don't think that Kyle "yelled" at Kim after Lisar threw the glass. I think she responded to Kim - who said that she hadn't defended her - by saying that her behavior was indefensible. Is that not the truth? Was Kim's behavior defensible? Doesn't make Lisar's behavior right either, but did Kyle say something that was untrue? She has said that she wished she hadn't fled the room and was embarrassed by her actions, so is this "owning" her behavior? I don't know who started what in PS, but would imagine this is a case of a person coming down on the side of the HW you like the best, or perhaps the side of the HW that you hate the least. It was very oddly edited. Kyle started the conversation by asking Kim if she was mad at her for not defending her on the plane and in Amsterdam, so yea, she got the ball rolling, but Kim said that she was there to address their issues and didn't want to dwell on Lisar. Kim then said that "no" she wasn't mad at Kyle for not defending  her in Amsterdam because she had Brandi there, who unlike Kyle, always defended her. Then of course Kyle jumped in with the stuff about Brandi. I could see a person making an argument on either side, but in order to do it, you can't just say the things that Kyle said wrong that started it, you also have to add in what Kim said as well. 

• Love 15

I think that the storyline involving Kim's sobriety has interesting layers and twists and turns.  It started out with Kim showing up high at Eileen's poker party and Kyle and Brandi having an altercation at the poker party and the mixer.  I've stated it before, I think that initially the women, except for maybe Lisa Rinna, were more up in arms about Brandi's aggression than Kim's relapse.  Concern about Kim got kicked up among the Housewives when Lisa and Brandi got together with the conversation starting with Lisa confronting Brandi for being so "mean" and evolving to Brandi sharing that Kim "situation" was "worse than you know."

The interesting thing is that when Kim found out that Lisa and Eileen were making inquiries she was displeased to put it mildly.  Kim's position is that she slipped and if it was some dire situation then her family and friends would intervened and be concerned and they aren't so why are these two women who she just met so concerned and going around asking questions.  Interestingly Kyle seems to be backing Kim up that she has had only had one lapse in her sobriety in three years and that was Poker Night and only on Poker Night.

What needs to happen at this upcoming event and/or the reunion is a conversation involving Brandi and Kim to reconcile what Kim is saying which is that her relapse was a one time occurrence and she was able to get herself back on track, and what Brandi has been going around saying, and not just to Lisa R, but also in her talking heads and in conversations with her addiction counselor friend Jennifer,  and that is that it is obvious to everyone that Kim is not in a good place and furthermore, Kim's "situation" is even worse than what everyone already knows/suspects.

The thing is Lisar and Eileen asked the questions of Kim and she only said, "blah, blah, blah,"  They did not ask Yolanda or Brandi or LvP about Kim and Eileen mentioned it to Kyle.  So Kim took what they had said to her face to buttress Brandi's half ass claims they were talking about her.   When some whose situation is so questionable makes a "blah, blah", that just furthers the concerns the ones who inquired.  Kim was just butt hurt because she wanted these people to be reaching out to her and give her respite from Monty.  Then Kim only speaks of getting back to Monty who had been absent for days.  No one in the world can keep track of what makes Kim happy, sad or mad.  So what is it Kim wants-to be invited out to get away from her home situation?  Or just constant positive reinforcement that she is a saint for letting Monty stay with her-because that is all  it is at this point.

• Love 2

My take on that was Kyle was saying that Poker Night was the one acknowledged lapse in Kim's sobriety over the past 3 years.  Not that there hadn't been others, or that the family had concerns.  Pretty sure the Paris trip was within the last 3 years.  The 'mix-up' of meds for over a week could be considered a lapse.  Can't recall the timing of Hawaii.  The trip to PR or DR, supposedly Kim was found passed out in the hotel by production.  Then there was just about any scene filmed with her boyfriend human pet rock Ken.   My guess is that all those instances were swept under the rug and the only one to be acknowledged was Poker Night.  JMO.

Kyle was pretty emphatic in her comments to Kim about there being just one lapse, I understand covering and side-stepping up to a point but to me if Kyle is saying the things she is saying about Kim's sobriety, namely that there has been one relapse, Poker Night, but she believes something different, that is pathological IMO.

I have stated before that I think that Kim has mental issues in addition to substance issue, and when I saw the Paris episode, and admittedly it is a very unqualified opinion, I thought that Kim was manic.  There is not enough information about what happened in PR for anyone to conclude.  By the way, I remember the story regarding Kim in PR but I don't remember the details nor the source(s), were there anymore details other that she was found in a public area partially clothed .

• Love 4

Kyle definitely planned to confront Kim in that scene--it's not like she was pretending this was just a pleasant day and Brandi came up. She pretty much said she planned to hit Kim with this Brandi info, and of course that was satisfying for her because Kim's been throwing Brandi at her as never doing that. Stupid on Kyle's part because Kim was never going to care, but that's what she was doing.

But while Kyle's just wanting to continue the fight I don't see how this makes her uncaring about her sister's sobriety. I don't think part of supporting somebody is never having an argument with them. I don't see how it hurts Kim's sobriety for Kyle to need to try to prove herself right with this Brandi info--it's pointless and tedious for Kyle but it's not threatening Kim's sobriety. Except by Kim's own completely self-centered and manipulative definition where disagreeing with her on anything gives her an excuse to relapse and blame it on other people. It was pretty ridiculous the way she kept telling LR that she didn't relapse because her family would have confronted her if she had, so basically using her family's desire to avoid just this kind of confrontation as a "proof" she didn't relapse when she totally did. 

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 9

I think Kyle escalated Palm Springs not Kim.  I watched it the other night.  Kim was calm at first talking about why she was upset with what had been happening between them.  She said, "I don't want to get into Amsterdam," and Kyle got angry, interrupted her, and started pointing fingers and said, "let's talk about it." She started talking about how she never said Kim wasn't sober (how would you feel if it were you!) and brought up Brandi.  Then the house came up. "I haven't talked about the house in so long."  Kim got manipulative/forgetful/caught in a lie about the listing of the house.  Not so sure about the original pay off of the house with Kathy.  

I think bringing Kim out to Palm Springs was a bad move on Kyle's part and put Kim on the defensive right away because of the prior tensions they had about the real estate issues.

IMO Kyle also couldn't wait to tell Kim that Brandi was talking to Lisa R about an intervention.  Questions is why?  To protect Kim's fragile sobriety or to crush her?  They are fucked up - the two of them.  Kim is Kim, and this post isn't about her and her alcoholic/drug addict manipulation mean girl asshole behavior.  This is about Kyle and how she was a bitch for pulling Kim out to the desert to tell her that her only support system right now also talked about her.  Kyle made it clear that she was washing her hands of Kim in Amsterdam, so wash your fucking hands of her and leave her to Brandi instead of isolating her further.

Kim could have no to going to Palm Springs, she's a big girl.

• Love 7

But you are leaving out the context for each of these events.  It is much like Kim retelling the story of Amsterdam to Adrienne. She left out anything that might point to her own guilt in the story. Saying Kyle is allowed to scream "fuck you" to her sister without first stating that her sister's BFF had just told her that her husband didn't want her, while Kim just sits there and says nothing, is only telling the part of the story that makes Kyle look bad. 

I don't really get the "owning" ones behavior piece. It gets talked about all of the time. What does it really mean? I always think of it as meaning that you acknowledge what you did. Did I miss the part where Kyle is running around denying that she said "fuck you" to Kim? Didn't she say in her blog that it was the wrong response. What else is she supposed to be doing, because this gets brought up a lot. 

The other stuff, like yelling at Kim after Lisar threw a glass, or that Kyle started the fight in PS is really just perception and opinion. Many of the folks who watched it will say that this is not the way it went down. I don't think that Kyle "yelled" at Kim after Lisar threw the glass. I think she responded to Kim - who said that she hadn't defended her - by saying that her behavior was indefensible. Is that not the truth? Was Kim's behavior defensible? Doesn't make Lisar's behavior right either, but did Kyle say something that was untrue? She has said that she wished she hadn't fled the room and was embarrassed by her actions, so is this "owning" her behavior? I don't know who started what in PS, but would imagine this is a case of a person coming down on the side of the HW you like the best, or perhaps the side of the HW that you hate the least. It was very oddly edited. Kyle started the conversation by asking Kim if she was mad at her for not defending her on the plane and in Amsterdam, so yea, she got the ball rolling, but Kim said that she was there to address their issues and didn't want to dwell on Lisar. Kim then said that "no" she wasn't mad at Kyle for not defending  her in Amsterdam because she had Brandi there, who unlike Kyle, always defended her. Then of course Kyle jumped in with the stuff about Brandi. I could see a person making an argument on either side, but in order to do it, you can't just say the things that Kyle said wrong that started it, you also have to add in what Kim said as well. 

If I could like this post a million times, I would.  Thank you so much for articulating so clearly what a majority of us are trying, and apparently failing, to say.

• Love 8

I think the whole, "They could say no to going to xyz" in these shows really isn't practical for those HWs who really care about keeping their jobs.  They sign on to film for Bravo, and Bravo basically sends a limo and tells them to go.  I think Kim this season especially was probably given zero tolerance for no shows given her past history of no-shows.  I would love to see what the contract say re number of appearances of the HWs per season. I think the weaker (financially) HWs are more obligated/absences less tolerated.  Yolanda and Lisa V seem to have way more leverage with their contracts. 

I do think Kyle wanted to showcase the Palm Springs home.  I don't think it was the best location to bring Kim if she wanted to work things out given their past history with PS/houses because of the resentment Kim had.  It was so telling that Kim said, "I haven't brought up the house in SO long."  Geez, how many times do you think Kim has brought it up besides the limo?  Also I think dropping the bombshell about Brandi out in the desert where it was just going to be the two of them was isolating.  There was no place for Kim to go.  It took a 5 hour limo ride to get there.  And we have heard from other HWs that Bravo limos don't leave until Bravo wants them to leave.  So Kim was there until Bravo decided it was time for her to go.

It would have been great had Lisa V invited the whole lot out for her Palm Springs star and the women could've split staying between Kyle's and Lisa V's. Who would've gotten the dream team?

• Love 3

Kim could have no to going to Palm Springs, she's a big girl.

No kidding. Kyle invited her to stay in her resort like house and prepared her meals. The horror of it all! Kim is bitter about many things she can and will look for reasons to be upset. There is no winning in dealing with her.

Kyle needs to take her ball back to her fabulous homes. That is much easier to say, then do.

• Love 7

If I could like this post a million times, I would.  Thank you so much for articulating so clearly what a majority of us are trying, and apparently failing, to say.

I know! Sometimes MCM organizes her thoughts so coherently and thoroughly that I feel it's almost an essay and I want to give her an A+! (That, and it's usually what I want to say, only I'm too lazy!)

• Love 5

This forum has become something of a PTV problem child of late and one of the biggest issues seems to be an inability to stay on topic...

When you stay on topic, we, The Real Mods of PTV, are like this:

ljywUq0.jpg

When you repeatedly go off topic, we are like this:

V7j9VOH.jpg

Please, stop making us like this...

So, as a visual aid; making us go like this is good:

gZ6DkGF.jpg

Making us go like this is bad:

hmnlIvh.jpg

REMEMBER: Happy mods = Happy posters!

• Love 17

I get why they need to do these 'scenes' on camera (money) but when do they actually decide that the money outweighs everything else that is at risk - and just go balls to the wall destroyer mode? ............

I think for some housewives in BH/Hollywood like both Lisas and especially Kyle and Kim the currency desired is not US dollars but celebrity.  These women grew up in show business and they still want to be famous and talked about.  Last night on WWHL Andy had Betheny on and asked her why she was coming back to RHoNY and she stated she missed the fans, the feedback, the cameras, all of it.  I think this is why Kim and Kyle have allowed their messy relationship and in Kim's case her messy life to be played out on RHoBH.  They crave the lights, camera, action huge ego boost.  This season it was Kim and Kyle's turn to be front and center in the storylines and so they brought it.  I really think it's as simple and as complicated as that.  Luckily for us, all of the women, including Yolanda and LisaV don't have the self control and discipline to consistently make themselves look good and not lose their shit on camera or in Kim's case, tumble off the wagon in spectacular fashion.

• Love 4

SilverStormm : is that the terror child from those Halo commercials?

Kyle was pretty emphatic in her comments to Kim about there being just one lapse, I understand covering and side-stepping up to a point but to me if Kyle is saying the things she is saying about Kim's sobriety, namely that there has been one relapse, Poker Night, but she believes something different, that is pathological IMO.

I have stated before that I think that Kim has mental issues in addition to substance issue, and when I saw the Paris episode, and admittedly it is a very unqualified opinion, I thought that Kim was manic.  There is not enough information about what happened in PR for anyone to conclude.  By the way, I remember the story regarding Kim in PR but I don't remember the details nor the source(s), were there anymore details other that she was found in a public area partially clothed .

To me it seemed like Kyle was reciting the 'company line' not that she truly believes that Kim only had one lapse in 3 years, and it was just 1 misappropriated pain pill.  Mileage may vary.

I don't doubt Kim has issues.  She's stated that she has anxiety and is under treatment.  She rattled off a list of meds to Paul that one episode a couple seasons back.  As far as Paris, Kim herself stated she was cloudy and off due to taking the wrong medicine.  People on the show questioned the accuracy of her claim.  However most of her castmates behave as Kyle does and sweep it under the rug until she gets too nasty and then they 'out' her.  I'm not going to go into all the other instances because that's off topic and better discussed in the Kim thread.

I think the whole, "They could say no to going to xyz" in these shows really isn't practical for those HWs who really care about keeping their jobs.  They sign on to film for Bravo, and Bravo basically sends a limo and tells them to go.  I think Kim this season especially was probably given zero tolerance for no shows given her past history of no-shows.  I would love to see what the contract say re number of appearances of the HWs per season. I think the weaker (financially) HWs are more obligated/absences less tolerated.  Yolanda and Lisa V seem to have way more leverage with their contracts. 

I do think Kyle wanted to showcase the Palm Springs home.  I don't think it was the best location to bring Kim if she wanted to work things out given their past history with PS/houses because of the resentment Kim had.  It was so telling that Kim said, "I haven't brought up the house in SO long."  Geez, how many times do you think Kim has brought it up besides the limo?  Also I think dropping the bombshell about Brandi out in the desert where it was just going to be the two of them was isolating.  There was no place for Kim to go.  It took a 5 hour limo ride to get there.  And we have heard from other HWs that Bravo limos don't leave until Bravo wants them to leave.  So Kim was there until Bravo decided it was time for her to go.

It would have been great had Lisa V invited the whole lot out for her Palm Springs star and the women could've split staying between Kyle's and Lisa V's. Who would've gotten the dream team?

Obviously the telephone call between Kyle and Kim about going to Palm Springs was not televised; during that untelevised phone call Kim could have said no and suggested a different place. She didn't. Kim brought up the "damn house", not Kyle. Kyle did say she thought they had moved past the "damn house" stuff, Kim apparently can't let anything go, even her own bad business decisions.

Yes I agree if Kyle wanted to showcase her PS home she could have come up with something different, but the sisters needed to talk after the trip. I just don't understand why Kyle gets all this negativity for everything she does. I think we have all seen the real Kim this season (I've known it all along), so maybe Kyle deserves just a little compassion. Kim is hard to deal with.

• Love 6

So much is steered/required by Bravo that to blame Kyle for taking Kim to that house is laughable.  Don't you see that was a set up when you think about it?   I do.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 7

I think the whole, "They could say no to going to xyz" in these shows really isn't practical for those HWs who really care about keeping their jobs.  They sign on to film for Bravo, and Bravo basically sends a limo and tells them to go.

The fact that Kim has opted out of several events since the start of the show, plus the fact that she has been allowed to opt out of blogging whenever she wants, shows me that she is definitely allowed to say no, and it hasn't cost her her job.   

• Love 6

If Kim were uncomfortable she could have gone back with the crew to their hotel.  This is not difficult.

If Kim wants a job she needs to work within their parameters.  It wasn't too terribly long ago Kim was singing Brandi's praises because Brandi invited her over for a BBQ and Kim got a chance to get out of the house.  Kim said she loved the desert-she was in the desert.  The jealousy over Kyle's house is on her.  Kim had a chance to buy the Indian Wells house when her daughter got the listing she did not buy it.  Kim and Kathy bailed on her mother's wish to keep the house for 10 years, Kyle did not and at great expense to her family.

I have a feeling no one would have wanted Brandi and apparently Kim is too brain damaged to stay at her sister's and hates LvP.

• Love 5

Kyle's allowed to scream in her sister's face "FUCK YOU!" and to start the fight in Palm Springs, and to yell at KIM after a lunatic throws a glass at her, and gets a pass because "poor Kyle has to deal with Kim."  No.  You own your behavior, it's always your choice how you act.  It is when you are 5, and it damn well is when you are closing in on 50.

I saw the gleam in Kyle's eye when she "heard" (totally staged, Lipsa and Kyle have been in cahoots all season) the dirt on Brandi.  "That would really hurt Kim!"  (omg YAY!)  She brought Kim down to the house in Palm Springs, for the first time ever, because she knew that would throw Kim, and bring memories of their mother's house, which Kyle recently sold, and is obviously a contentious point between the sisters. 

Watch that scene again.  KYLE is the one to start pointing her finger in Kim's face.  KYLE is thrilled to blindside Kim with the Brandi dirt.  Kim honestly seemed to think they were there to work things out at first.  KYLE started that fight, and if you can put your anger about Kim's problems aside, you can easily see that.

Yes, Kyle was right.  It DID hurt Kim to hear that about Brandi.  Thrown, Kim reverted to the Richard sisters normal, be a bitch right back and start screaming too.  So, as expected given the location, the "damn house" came up, probably the first thing Kim could think of.  They are both nasty.

Reading here though?  Kim started the fight.  In what universe?  Kyle did, Kim fought back because she's just as mean and childish as Kyle.  But Kyle cries, so she gets the sympathy.

So yes, Kyle does blame Kim for her own behavior.  Constantly. 

No.  We are all responsible for what comes out of our mouths, and for putting our fingers in people's faces, or grabbing someone physically, ALL of it.  We have choices, and screaming doesn't have to be one of them.  Further hurting people doesn't either.  Kim and Kyle both do it, but Kyle keeps getting a pass because "poor thing, had to deal with Kim."  Screw that.

Oh, and Big Kathy told BOTH of them to take care of each other, as they've said on the show multiple times.

I think the Palm Springs fight was started depending on who you like. If you like Kim and Brandi, then it was Kyle since she started with what a great friend she is, do you know what she has been saying about you!

If you like Kyle then Kim started it by trying to antagonize Kyle with Bradi was the only one that defended me!

I think if I was in Kyles position I would have yelled the same thing, it's kind of like when your friend is in love with a cheating ahole, and she tells you how you are jealous of their love. Then you reply with no I'm not he cheats on you all the time. It might not be the best way to let them know, but it can be aggrevating to constantly have to cater to a delusional person.

• Love 7

So much is steered/required by Bravo that to blame Kyle for taking Kim to that house is laughable.  Don't you see that was a set up when you think about it?   I do.  

It is laughable. More so when you see how many times Kim and Brandi get that excuse (Bravo set that up!!) thrown out constantly. I wish I had a dollar for every time that was brought up.

I think the Palm Springs fight was started depending on who you like. If you like Kim and Brandi, then it was Kyle since she started with what a great friend she is, do you know what she has been saying about you!

If you like Kyle then Kim started it by trying to antagonize Kyle with Bradi was the only one that defended me!

It also depends on how people look at the whole picture. Some people can look at the situation and see how Kyle reacts and converses with Kim, will certainly add to the tension that already exists. Clearly Kim and Kyle have real poor communication skills. Kyle cannot utter a word or complete her thoughts to Kim without Kim interrupting her, and that throws Kyle off.  You can almost see Kim's wheel's spinning in her head, getting her thoughts ready to jump out at Kyle. Kim then deflects by mentioning topic Z when they are talking about topic A.  That takes Kyle into a different direction with her dialogue.  It is similar to the Amsterdam dinner when Kim sat there. Her facial expression, her tight jaw, all that body language told me she was sitting there, thinking of everything she ever wanted to say to LisaR and was ready to pounce at a moment's notice. This was backed up by Brandi's blog where she said Kim walked in like Clint Eastwood in a movie. Kim was ready to throw down! She even admitted in a different episode that she lost it once she heard LisaR say, "Kim...".

Was going to the PS home a bad idea? Of course not. Whatever anger was simmering in Kim's head and Kyle's head, would have exploded at anytime simply because of how these two communicate and whatever triggers they each have. Kyle says something that triggers Kim, who is likely already on the defense. Something that occurs quite often in passive-aggressive types, something that Kim has perfected so well. It is a common thing for people to resort to as a defense mechanism. However, it only serves to build up more animosity because it adds to the toxic relationship and nothing, NOTHING ever gets truly resolved.

I posted before, Kyle needs to learn how to not get so emotional when communication breaks down. She also needs to learn how not to react when things go sour, when Kim relapses, when Kim or Brandi says stupid things. I get it is hurtful, but Kyle needs to remember who these two people are and why they behave the way they do. Be calm, cool, keep herself collected. Obviously this has been years in the making and it is going to take a professional to help her in that department.

Last thing, Kyle needs to stop trying to convince Kim that Brandi is a bad influence in her life. When Kyle and Brandi made up after the first season of Brandi being a cast member, Kyle tried to convince Kim that Brandi had apologized and they were trying to make a go of it and be on friendly terms. But, Kim wasn't having it. She didn't want that relationship with Brandi. Kyle tried to push it, but Kim wouldn't budge. Now, the tables are turned. Kim tried the very same thing at the gay mixer. She wanted to try and get Kyle to make up with Brandi so they could move forward. Kim and Kyle need to learn that if one doesn't want that relationship with a certain party - let it GO! If Brandi is a fuck-up, Kim will learn soon enough. Better for Kim to learn that on her own.

• Love 5

It is laughable. More so when you see how many times Kim and Brandi get that excuse (Bravo set that up!!) thrown out constantly. I wish I had a dollar for every time that was brought up.

I don't read the blogs or anything outside of the show unless there is a link posted here.   Just because they say this, to excuse their behavior, doesn't mean Bravo doesn't set up plenty of things. 

Edited by wings707

I don't read the blogs or anything outside of the show unless there is a link posted here.   Just because they say this, to excuse their behavior, doesn't mean Bravo doesn't set up plenty of things.

My comment has to do more with how it is constantly used as an excuse for everyone, but very rarely, if ever, for Kyle. Kim gets the excuse that Bravo told her to take Brandi to the mixer to cause drama. But! If Kyle dares to have a reaction to what is being told to her during that staged scene, Kyle does not get the benefit of having the excuse that it was a set-up.
  • Love 1

Brandi and LisaV get into it tomorrow night.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/episode-519/videos?clip=2853399

I'm sorry Brandi's father was sick, honestly for a child, especially one who is so estranged from her father, it's tough.  BUT,  if her father was truly dying, what was she doing at that party?   I'm sure Bravo has an emergency clause to not have to attend if there is a family emergency.  She also appears either high on Xanax, drunk or both.    Again, why is she was in such a state, was she at a damn party????

• Love 11

Typical Brandi manipulation. She and Lisa again talk about "the slap" and her immature behavior, so what does Brandi say? "My father's dying." She did the same thing at one of the reunions when one (or more) of the ladies tried to confront her about something nasty she did. She told them she was on anti-depressants, and suddenly the nasty subject was dropped, and the conversation shifted to sympathy for poor, fragile Brandi.

What a savvy and manipulative way to deflect responsibility.

• Love 9

I see what game Brandi is playing.  She puts on with the tears about her father and that she doesn't want to handle any problems with the women at that given time.  Well if it's that bad why isn't she at the hospital or near her dad's side at his home?  She got her 24K facial last episode and now here she is partying all when her dad is supposedly "dying".  It's just another deflection tactic to keep from being in the hot seat about her antics and pathetic behavior.  She can miss me with the her act!

I can foresee the finale episode that when Kim confronts Brandi if she's been talking about her behind her back Brandi isn't going to be truthful at all and of course Kyle pops up and Brandi's gonna deflect and even walk away.  Brandi likes to start drama and then when she's about to be caught - she starts "crying"  like a child, make excuses for her behavior, and walks away (reminds me of Tamra from OC).  It only proves the point shes a 42 year old child, not a 42 year old woman.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 5

Typical Brandi manipulation. She and Lisa again talk about "the slap" and her immature behavior, so what does Brandi say? "My father's dying." She did the same thing at one of the reunions when one (or more) of the ladies tried to confront her about something nasty she did. She told them she was on anti-depressants, and suddenly the nasty subject was dropped, and the conversation shifted to sympathy for poor, fragile Brandi.

What a savvy and manipulative way to deflect responsibility.

Responding in Brandi's thread. Sorry for all of the jumping around today but I'm trying to comply. I can completely understand the instinct to want to bring up something from past episodes/seasons in order to illustrate a point.

• Love 4

Brandi needs help. Stat. She's drunk, out of control.... "I love you! Don't touch me!"

Gawd......

She tells Lisa "Don't touch me" yet she grabs Lisa's wrist and tries to force Lisa to slap her. She is off her rocker IMO. If her dad was indeed that sick, close to death, she should not have been there, not at some party under the influence of her normal alcohol-antianxiety cocktail.

• Love 8