Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Some people just look better with more fabric on them. I think Mama June said it best.

"For women who are of the voluptuous size.  Please, cover it up. All that vajiggle jaggle is not beautimous"

Oh yes, that would be me.  :)  There's nothing wrong with a full-coverage suit but it has to be designed for swimming.  JB & M would do well to look to other faiths to see how they dress.   [As for me, I wear Juno Active swimsuits.  Larger women can choose from shorts, skirts, wetsuits, whatever coverage they wish.]

• Love 1

I am considered "petite" but I am 72 and the skin is interesting,  Which is why I wonder when people get tattoos that cover large amounts of skin.  Ain't pretty.  Anyway, I like suits that are not revealing.  I call them my "amish" suits.  I can get them at Walmart or Target, with a skirt, and that way don't scare anyone.  I hope.

• Love 9

Wouldn't the Dugs and their ilk be very surprised that us heathens actually practice modesty, without there being any need? I don't have the threat of eternal  hellfire or anything behind me, yet I still believe in covering up. Imagine

• Love 9

That blue swimsuit with the skirt is really cute.

I wish the girls would just wear board shorts and t-shirts to swim. All that drapey dress material seems like it would be a safety hazard. 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

That blue swimsuit with the skirt is really cute.

I wish the girls would just wear board shorts and t-shirts to swim. All that drapey dress material seems like it would be a safety hazard. 

There's a pix floating around of Joy, at the pool house, wearing board shorts and a t-shirt.

3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I am considered "petite" but I am 72 and the skin is interesting,  Which is why I wonder when people get tattoos that cover large amounts of skin.  Ain't pretty.  Anyway, I like suits that are not revealing.  I call them my "amish" suits.  I can get them at Walmart or Target, with a skirt, and that way don't scare anyone.  I hope.

Comedian Carlos Mencia put it best when he said: Ladies, please consider the future when you get a tattoo. That cute little butterfly on your breast is going to look like a pterodactyl 30, 40 years from now.

• Love 11

I just wear a long t-shirt over my swimsuit.  I am not petite like the Duggars, so I actually like to be covered.  If I were built like a Duggar girl the blast modesty, I'd be wearing a bikini.

• Love 1

I have a modest LandsEnd tankini.  The skirt is short with built-in boy shorts.  The fabric is lovely. There is no reason for Michelle to be draped in long, cumbersome skirts and multiple layers to be modest!!!

Wholesome wear is having a quitting sale, so get your modest swimwear while they lastt!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, louannems said:

I have a modest LandsEnd tankini.  The skirt is short with built-in boy shorts.  The fabric is lovely. There is no reason for Michelle to be draped in long, cumbersome skirts and multiple layers to be modest!!!

Wholesome wear is having a quitting sale, so get your modest swimwear while they lastt!

You mean they're going out of business? Oh noooooooooooooo! This means the Lost Girls won't get to go swimming unless MeChelle shops at a modest swimwear site that caters to Muslim women. Somehow, I can't see her doing that because of her abysmal poverty of mind in the tolerance department. 

Finnish designer Marimekko has a line at Target where you could buy leggings for your swimwear bottoms if you so chose. Plenty of modesty options available for ladies like me who don't wish to show her spider veins! But I'd wear a bikini top with it! or even the tank part of the tankini.

I am going in for a mammogram tomorrow morning. *joy joy* I often wonder if Michelle goes in for one or the other lovely tests ladies look forward to, or she might just pray away  any signs of cancer or other female medical problems/read the bible because it was caused by the devil/evilness and leberal heathens.

31 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I am going in for a mammogram tomorrow morning. *joy joy* I often wonder if Michelle goes in for one or the other lovely tests ladies look forward to, or she might just pray away  any signs of cancer or other female medical problems/read the bible because it was caused by the devil/evilness and leberal heathens.

Oooh ... interesting. Never thought of that. I would think she would have had some type of GYN exam ... but who knows? I mean, if she thinks her knees would defraud somebody ...

21 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I know I should not say this but what normal man outside of Gothard Land would find Michelle attractive. Yes, save me a spot in the Prayer Closet.

Mechelle is pretty, but she's nucking futs. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Good luck with your screening. I hope all goes well. Very important for us to take care of "the girls".

• Love 2

I wonder why Michelle would use the word Nike as the safe word for an immodestly dressed woman. Is she aware that Nike was the name of the Greek goddess of victory? I thought they were against any references to heathen deities.

9 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I wonder why Michelle would use the word Nike as the safe word for an immodestly dressed woman. Is she aware that Nike was the name of the Greek goddess of victory? I thought they were against any references to heathen deities.

Because of Nike footwear. So "Nike" is a fast order to a kid to look down, at his feet. And thus avoid defraudment.

I doubt that Boob or MEchelle ever studied ancient history or Greek mythology. 

• Love 7

Joanarc's joke post about Counting On being cancelled is at the top of the previous page for me.  Every single time I see it, I get excited all over again.  Always such a let down when I remember it's a joke.  

• Love 8
(edited)

Oops, didn't see Jeeves post. What Jeeves said!

I also can't imagine the Duggars knowing about Greek (or any other) mythology. They probably consider it dangerous and sinful to know of or teach their kids about religions other than their own particular brand of fundy, even if said religions have been mostly defunct for millennia. Ignorance is godly!

Edited by Vaysh
Jeeves said it better
  • Love 6

The Nike bit always gave me a chuckle, thinking if they only knew. But then if I thought too deeply it made me sad to think what an effed up atmosphere to be raised in.

One can be told to keep off the grass only so many times before the urge to slip a toe on the grass happens. 

If only the Duggars would apply some common sense and logic into their shtick.

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, I did know about Nike as the code word for "look at your shoes" instead of letting the eyes wander at immodest heathens.  It just cracks me up as to how they can be so ignorant to not know Nike was a goddess, when they take pains to call Easter "Resurrection Sunday", to avoid pagan references. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with calling Easter something else - it's just fun to throw shade at the Duggars.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
Corrected Mike meant Nike
  • Love 4

Michelle and Jim Bob talk about their rules of modesty and unrighteously fulfilled desires on one hand, then on the other they speak of instant obedience. So they expect a 1 year old to be able to stay on a blanket, but think a 13 year old boy can control himself if he spies scantily clad boobs. They expect a 4 year old to take turns with total happiness, yet they think a 20 year old (who makes their own dating rules - not) will strip naked and do the wild thing if left alone.

So I guess in their world children under 20 can be expected to control natural urges and curiosities, but adults can't. Things that make you go hmm.

• Love 15

So I guess in their world children under 20 can be expected to control natural urges and curiosities, but adults can't. Things that make you go hmm.

Don't forget 1 year olds that put away their toys (Izzy) and 50 year old men that can't leave the house without bringing their toddler kids with them as chaperones (Jim Bob),

• Love 16
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Michelle and Jim Bob talk about their rules of modesty and unrighteously fulfilled desires on one hand, then on the other they speak of instant obedience. So they expect a 1 year old to be able to stay on a blanket, but think a 13 year old boy can control himself if he spies scantily clad boobs. They expect a 4 year old to take turns with total happiness, yet they think a 20 year old (who makes their own dating rules - not) will strip naked and do the wild thing if left alone.

Nothing this family does make any sense 

6 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Don't forget 1 year olds that put away their toys (Izzy) and 50 year old men that can't leave the house without bringing their toddler kids with them as chaperones (Jim Bob),

JB needs a chaperone? A grown ass man with 19kids

• Love 6
On 5/25/2016 at 7:51 AM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Yeah, I did know about Nike as the code word for "look at your shoes" instead of letting the eyes wander at immodest heathens.  It just cracks me up as to how they can be so ignorant to not know Nike was a goddess, when they take pains to call Easter "Resurrection Sunday", to avoid pagan references. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with calling Easter something else - it's just fun to throw shade at the Duggars.

I've always found this confounding as well.  I can't help but wonder if they somehow managed to bastardize the German word "nicht" (no, not, negation) into that shoe-related bullshit.  Then again, these people are completely lacking in knowledge of classical mythology and the German language so who the hell knows.

7 minutes ago, Lemur said:

I've always found this confounding as well.  I can't help but wonder if they somehow managed to bastardize the German word "nicht" (no, not, negation) into that shoe-related bullshit.  Then again, these people are completely lacking in knowledge of classical mythology and the German language so who the hell knows.

Okay, I'm a little confused. All they needed to do was look at the brand on their expensive sports shoes (whether bought expensively new or not so expensively used), Nike, right?

I mean, they're not supposed to be looking at a goddess or anything else but DOWN -- at their feet, many of which probably have the word Nike written down there on the shoes. Nike is on feet; thus, look at feet. Isn't that the point when Joy shouts?

And, not to excuse them for being uneducated ignoramuses, but while, yeah, I'm sure they don't know that the brand was named after a goddess, I expect there are probably billions of other people worldwide who also know the Nike shoe brand without knowing the origin of that brand name, right? Well, anyway, this is neither here nor there, but I am sorta puzzled about why it's confusing. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Okay, I'm a little confused. All they needed to do was look at the brand on their expensive sports shoes (whether bought expensively new or not so expensively used), Nike, right?

I mean, they're not supposed to be looking at a goddess or anything else but DOWN -- at their feet, many of which probably have the word Nike written down there on the shoes. Nike is on feet; thus, look at feet. Isn't that the point when Joy shouts?

And, not to excuse them for being uneducated ignoramuses, but while, yeah, I'm sure they don't know that the brand was named after a goddess, I expect there are probably billions of other people worldwide who also know the Nike shoe brand without knowing the origin of that brand name, right? Well, anyway, this is neither here nor there, but I am sorta puzzled about why it's confusing. 

But Churchie, according to Mullet, "Feet aren't sexual!" I'll see myself out...

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

But Churchie, according to Mullet, "Feet aren't sexual!" I'll see myself out...

Tell that to Bill Gothard.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Yes...Jim Boob needs a chaperone. Any grown ass man who dry humps his wife at a miniature golf course in public very much needs a minder at all times.

That is accurate. Men are not supposed to be alone with women other than their wife. A chaperone to go to Target? No. But Jim Bob would not drive a woman home from church alone...he would need another adult with him. It is to avoid temptation and to avoid the appearance of evil. 

Out of all the wacky rules, i find that one a non issue. It doesn't really affect anyone. 

Did Josh have a chaperone when he was roughing up that prostitute????  Or Gothard?? 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Marigold said:

That is accurate. Men are not supposed to be alone with women other than their wife. A chaperone to go to Target? No. But Jim Bob would not drive a woman home from church alone...he would need another adult with him. It is to avoid temptation and to avoid the appearance of evil. 

Out of all the wacky rules, i find that one a non issue. It doesn't really affect anyone. 

Did Josh have a chaperone when he was roughing up that prostitute????  Or Gothard?? 

I disagree that it doesn't affect anyone. It reinforces their ideas about men being unable to control themselves, women being temptresses and subjugating women. Perhaps instead of concerned about the appearance of propriety they could actually be concerned about real impropriety.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Yes...Jim Boob needs a chaperone. Any grown ass man who dry humps his wife at a miniature golf course in public very much needs a minder at all times.

Just throwing this one out here: WHO WOULD DO HIM? Seriously? I know that Donald Trump and thousands of other repugnant, repulsive men (Ted Cruz, anyone?) manage to find female companionship, but knowing what we do about Jim Boob, who would be stupid/desperate enough to take that on?

Mean as hell. Controlling. Emotionally abusive. No discernible sense of humor. Uninteresting. Doesn't consider women worthy of making their own decisions. Bad breath. Hair spray addict.

REALLY?

• Love 15

My goodness. In my world we trust people. Sometimes they turn out to be untrustworthy, so we don't trust those folks.

We're not Fundy, or even religious, but I guess my husband and I have beat the Fundy odds, by moving through the world unchaperoned, glancing at butts, boobs, legs and attractive faces, and we're still married after 30+ years.

And come to think of it, it wasn't all that hard.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

Just throwing this one out here: WHO WOULD DO HIM? Seriously? I know that Donald Trump and thousands of other repugnant, repulsive men (Ted Cruz, anyone?) manage to find female companionship, but knowing what we do about Jim Boob, who would be stupid/desperate enough to take that on?

Mean as hell. Controlling. Emotionally abusive. No discernible sense of humor. Uninteresting. Doesn't consider women worthy of making their own decisions. Bad breath. Hair spray addict.

REALLY?

There is someone for everyone, but with that said, they do seem to have an inflated sense of their ability to defraud. Maybe because they are so horny they assume everyone else is as well? 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

My goodness. In my world we trust people. Sometimes they turn out to be untrustworthy, so we don't trust those folks.

We're not Fundy, or even religious, but I guess my husband and I have beat the Fundy odds, by moving through the world unchaperoned, glancing at butts, boobs, legs and attractive faces, and we're still married after 30+ years.

And come to think of it, it wasn't all that hard.

I could have written this.  There have been many times when I have  *gasp * pointed out an attractive lady to my husband. What would the Gothardites say about that? 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Aja said:

Tell that to Bill Gothard.

Aja, I was so hoping you'd bite! That's sort of where I was going with that. I guess you caught up with me on my way to the prayer closet! Wine?

i wonder if Michelle's cluelessness about feet being sexual was part of the script to deny what was already becoming public knowledge of their Dear Leader. Or maybe she just thought it was gross or silly and couldn't talk about it.

• Love 1
On May 26, 2016 at 5:38 PM, sometimesy said:

There is someone for everyone, but with that said, they do seem to have an inflated sense of their ability to defraud. Maybe because they are so horny they assume everyone else is as well? 

Yep...that's exactly it! Can anyone say they're projecting? Yes, they most certainly are!

• Love 1

Louannethanks for the link.  I found it intriguing that they said they are in professional counseling and wonder what that means.  I was unable to see any comments by anybody and wonder what Jill said following by the comments you found interesting.  Any news on that?

I bet they shut off comments. Didn't the Smuganna statement come from the blog and not the FB page? The formatting looked different to me, but I think I'm savvy enough to recognize a FB link. 

They put it there on purpose to a)make money and b)be able to turn off the comments. 

4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I bet they shut off comments. Didn't the Smuganna statement come from the blog and not the FB page? The formatting looked different to me, but I think I'm savvy enough to recognize a FB link. 

They put it there on purpose to a)make money and b)be able to turn off the comments. 

There are comments on the blog. You have to click on the comments link. When I looked, negative comments had been deleted.

Just throwing this one out here: One has to wonder exactly how much money the Duggars made off of their daughters' weddings. The thousands of guests! The exhaustive registries! The People magazine "exclusives" for photos! The lack any type of food and drink that was NOT paid for by TLC... And if they claim they paid for it all themselves, they're lying: Wouldn't the weddings be considered as part of the production costs? In other words, they didn't even shell out for that!

How cheap does one have to be to serve generic "ice cream" and root beer to their "friends" when one knows they're laughing all the way to the bank?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Missy Vixen said:

Just throwing this one out here: One has to wonder exactly how much money the Duggars made off of their daughters' weddings. The thousands of guests! The exhaustive registries! The People magazine "exclusives" for photos! The lack any type of food and drink that was NOT paid for by TLC... And if they claim they paid for it all themselves, they're lying: Wouldn't the weddings be considered as part of the production costs? In other words, they didn't even shell out for that!

How cheap does one have to be to serve generic "ice cream" and root beer to their "friends" when one knows they're laughing all the way to the bank?

This reminded me that after the ice cream melted the first time someone stepped up and purchased replacement ice cream. I remember this posted somewhere. Does anyone else remember this?

It seemed like each girl got a budget from JB that I thought was about $20,000 which probably came through the family TLC account so sort of paid by TLC. After Jessa's wedding I got the sense that she kept anything she didn't spend. TLC did pay directly for some things and had their own wedding planner, photographer and security on board and I'm pretty sure they designed all the cute signage Jill used because it was rather nicely themed and gave them something to film cuz Jill certainly didn't provide anything. While the Duggars didn't do much at the church they did have big BBQs at home so at least several hundred people got food.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

While the Duggars didn't do much at the church they did have big BBQs at home so at least several hundred people got food.

How nice. They did virtually nothing at the church (imagine being a diabetic and invited to those weddings. Ice cream, lemonade, candy, and homemade baked goods? The kids that were invited probably walked home under their own power.)  I also have a big issue with "A" guests and "B" guests. I suppose this means I'm a hater. Nope. If they're good enough to be invited to the gift grab, ooops, wedding, they should be invited to the actual food portion of the evening.

Maybe Kirk Cameron thought he'd be MOBBED at the TTH.

• Love 9

I think it was Cathy (Derick's mom) that paid for/ donated  the ice cream.  IIRC it was Wal-Mart brand so she probably got it very cheap or even for free.

• Love 1