Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Just looked up Michelle's middle name and it's Annette - initials - M.A.D.  Yeah got that right.

The Duggars just incorporated somethign called MAD Family. God only knows what Michelle's up to.

As someone saving for braces, with real medical need for them, I wish I could just film for two minutes, say the doc's name, and get a free set. She didn't pay a penny for those. (Also, I floss three times a day. My dentist told me the only people who have trouble fitting floss between their teeth are people who never/rarely floss. Chalk another one up to Duggar hygiene.)

• Love 4

Sorry but that line really cracked me up.  What a dumb ass. 

Right? That's the part that stuck out at me too. "What, are you telling me that not all gay people are slutty mcsluttersons? I've never heard of this before!!" 

Education:   High School   -   High School

Seriously ! That's what it said !!!    His "High School" was "High School".

Man, you'd think he could have at least written "homeschool." Come on, Josh.

• Love 3

Back in the day...maybe 4 or so years ago, there was a link to Linkedin or some such site for jobs/resumes/self-promotion, and on Josh's page (long gone now, so sorry I have no evidence, but it may be in the TWoP archives...) he had the following entry:

Education: High School - High School

Seriously ! That's what it said !!! His "High School" was "High School". Like John Belushi in Animal House when his shirt just said "College". I'm still laughing over that little nugget...

But what else could he have put on that line? I don't think SOTDRT was accredited yet...

Education : High School - GotHard South

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 5

Education : High School - GotHard South

Haha - NewDigs - excellent comment ! Danke Schoen ! 

It's funny, but after ranting and raving about the deficiencies, chaos, and lack of REAL edumacashun at SOTDRT, turns out the the lessons on bankruptcy may actually have paid off. I never imagined the Duggars, in all of their self-serving glory, would be reduced  to shilling on YouTube and hawking t-shirts as self-promotion. It's sad that the children will suffer for the hubris of JB and Michelle and the smug arrogance of the "repentant" Josh. Meh. 

It still burns, though - burns - that the J-Crew has been denied a REAL education from someone/anyone actually qualified to teach. I'd wager that they all washed out at about the 8th-9th grade level, with math and science in particular. The Law of Diminishing Returns applies here so much it hurts. 

As for English - no comment. They read no books. NO BOOKS ! Maybe some fundie-lite fan fiction, or some romantic "courting" propaganda to remind the girls that they have a duty to not give away pieces of their heart...

What a wasteland ! I've been buzzing - ablaze, even, with Harper Lee's follow-up to To Kill a Mockingbird. This is BIG news - not just in rarefied, ivory-tower circles - it's a whirlwind for anyone who went to school and read the book. Like, everyone, probably. And if not that, then "1984", Brave New World, Jane Eyre, Catcher in the Rye, any Jack London or Oscar Wilde, and on and on and on...

Their education is a disgrace. It's produced a whole generation of content-free, blabbering, empty-headed dullards who can't speak about anything except their religion, how may of them there are, who they hate, and maybe some polite small talk. 

Jesus, Jesus. Awesome ! We have NINETEEN children. Neat ! I think it's going to rain - isn't it warm outside ? Amazing ! Yes, we ARE that modest ! Birth control is an instrument of the Devil. Gay people are bad ! Family values ! Tater-Tot Casserole ! Let's all pack for the Stinky Bus ! Where's Josie ? Or is it Jennifer... ?

Instead of teaching the kids P-E-R-P-E-N-D-I-C-U-L-A-R, they might have mentioned the word "Library". 

I feel like they're rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic right now. 

Everything they're doing now just screams "desperate", and I don't feel happy saying "I told you so".  It's just so sad...

• Love 20

It doesn't actually bother me that most of them don't read. Most people don't read. But NONE of them seem to read. That's odd.

I have to wonder at what level any of them are capable of reading.

• Love 6

It doesn't actually bother me that most of them don't read. Most people don't read. But NONE of them seem to read. That's odd.

Reading is so important. It makes me sad that we don't see these kids being read to by JB & M, or with their noses in a books. Especially with what appears to be an inadequate education.

I would think more people than not, read leisurely.

• Love 8

Reading is so important. It makes me sad that we don't see these kids being read to by JB & M, or with their noses in a books. Especially with what appears to be an inadequate education.

I would think more people than not, read leisurely.

Yeah, I read a TON, but most people I know read. Actually everybody. I don't think I move in terribly rarified intellectual circles, but I don't know anybody who doesn't read SOMEthing sometimes.

• Love 12

The thing is, I know some smart people who don't read books. They read the sports pages, stock market quotes, maybe a technical manual for work. Some people just aren't into novels, strange as it seems to me. But the time in your life when you DO read a lot of books, when you're exposed to Shakespeare and Austin and Bronte and Dickens, etc. is when you're in school.

• Love 11

Carrps, I must run in rare circles as well; I'd say the majority of people I hang with are readers. Maybe it's genetic? I think reading is SO important. Sometimes I fear it's becoming a lost art because all of my grands are NOT keen on hunkering down with a book. They all have iPods and computer games - and my one DIL is all about learning games. Which is great...but doesn't make up for missing out on Harriet the Spy or Ramona and Beezus. (Looooved me some Beverly Cleary). And the Duggs don't even HAVE that computer link, fragile though it may be. They don't research on the Internet and read article after article for information like I do, or like my kids do. There's just a GAP where books ought to be. Where information ought to be available. It is so sad. My guess is that they don't read because it was never introduced as a viable pastime. And I'm thinking maybe it wasn't introduced because JB would have felt like he had to vet out every single book, and the author, and the author's religious background, etc. (and Gothard approved books - I can't even). And we all know THAT can't happen. Imagine (in your wildest dreams) Jim Bob laid back in an easy chair reading a BOOK.

And this all sums up why they all come across as so lame and robotic, spitting out rote answers to questions. Because they never LOOKED!!! They open wide to receive whatever they're told (that two thirds of families experience some molestation, for example) and repeat it in the "appropriate" blank spot. They repeat it as fact...because they never LOOKED. They never READ a fact. They were TOLD what their facts were. You can't tell them the earth is older than 6000 years, because this is the FACT they were told. Even if you took them by the hand and led them down the path, showed them VOLUMES of proof, they wouldn't believe it. That's not what they were TOLD. Swallow the hook - don't examine the worm.

• Love 15

THIS!!    The lack of any books in the house or being read.  Everyone in my family reads - fiction, non-fiction, fantasy, biographies.  My friends all read too.  Maybe the people I hang out with are not the norm?? But there is nothing that I enjoy then having an afternoon to just read a new book or an old favorite.

And What is wrong with Beverly Cleary and Judy Blume?  Or even Dr. Seuss for the younger ones??  Or classics like The Secret Garden or The Little Princess?There are so many books available that can fill practically any taste.  There has to be something out there that these parents would find appropri....wait, we're talking about the Duggers - never mind - just so sad.

• Love 8

No, NikSac, I DID think about that incident when I was ranting.

From what we know of the Duggars and their thought processes, we can say that Prince Josh is NEVER wrong. Therefore, the reading of the BOOK must have been the problem. Therefore, all books must be banished from the house forever, Amen.

I was married to a guy with that sort of logic once. And then. One day, I wasn't. Best day of my life (excluding the births of my children).

• Love 12

Wasn't Josh reading a book to one of the girls when he molested her? So apparently they do read sometimes. <blech, sorry for the reminder>

Maybe that's why reading had to be banned. ;-)

ETA: Happyfatchick beat me to it.

Edited by mimionthebeach
  • Love 3

Someplace I saw the information on M A D.  I'm sure it stands for Michelle Annette Duggar.  The organization is for profit I believe and will offer counseling services like for abuse victims, glory be.  It was within the last few days I saw it and don't remember where.  It was their state application or something.  All the offices are held by her and Jim Bob, and of course Jim Bob is the treasurer, and some other guy is listed as tax attorney.  Those forms were on line from the state of Arkansas.  I saw it someplace else.

Edited by Micks Picks
  • Love 2

Someplace I saw the information on M A D.  I'm sure it stands for Michelle Annette Duggar.  The organization is for profit I believe and will offer counseling services like for abuse victims, glory be. 

Offering "counseling services for abuse victims"? She might want to start with her own daughters!

In the meantime, who else thinks that J-Chelle has been hard at work -- ooops, the GHOSTWRITER has been "hard at work" -- writing a book for abuse victims? It's her new schtick. And I am sick inside to think that there will be people who will buy her latest line of BS.

• Love 9

What about gay people in monogamous relationships? the Citizen asked.

“I’ve never heard of that. I’m sure it could happen."

He sure hasn't learned a thing about gays has he? Even from his sister-in-law or do they not speak to her in fear that Jesus will strike them down. *rolling eyes*

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 3

No, NikSac, I DID think about that incident when I was ranting.

From what we know of the Duggars and their thought processes, we can say that Prince Josh is NEVER wrong. Therefore, the reading of the BOOK must have been the problem. Therefore, all books must be banished from the house forever, Amen.

Ugh. I must admit, I never even thought about it that way but it makes a twisted kind of sense.

I guess with all those kids and all that laundry they couldn't really banish the washer and dryer after the laundry room incident - instead they just kept the little kids out and stuck Grandma in there right?

• Love 4

In the meantime, who else thinks that J-Chelle has been hard at work -- ooops, the GHOSTWRITER has been "hard at work" -- writing a book for abuse victims? It's her new schtick. And I am sick inside to think that there will be people who will buy her latest line of BS.

I pity the ghostwriter that has to sit down and hammer out all of Michelle lies, distortions, omissions, twisted facts, and bullshit into a logically consistent and believable narrative. Especially one that that whole family can learn, then repeat ad infintium. One that doesn't contradict the police report or the Kelly interview. I suppose there's a publisher out there that would touch it. If not, Duggar Publishing will be born - just $19.99 to download the ebook. Hurry, Michelle's in caffeine withdrawal! She needs starbucks!

• Love 5

I've been flying a lot for the past several years. And what I notice is the very small number of people who are reading anything -- books, magazines, newspapers -- while waiting in the airport or while on the plane. A few are reading. A lot are flipping through their phone screens and texting or playing one of those candy-stacking games. And a lot are just staring into space looking bored. This makes me wonder how many people today are actually reading anything but texts, tweets, and Instagram captions. Because is there a more likely place and time to read than when you're waiting around for hours to get from one place to a distant other place? I can't think of one. And yet that doesn't seem to occur to very many people. Disturbs me.

That said, I expect the Duggars are still on the far bottom end of the reading scale. Because most people don't read because it doesn't occur to them or they're a little lazy or they don't think they can find anything interesting to read. While the Duggars are almost philosophically opposed to reading, I think. Plus, other people at least read news snippets online and watch tv and movies, where they see stories and even news and documentaries. The Duggs? Pretty much nothin except stuff they know already and absolutely know they'll agree with. That's truly scary.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

Because is there a more likely place and time to read than when you're waiting around for hours to get from one place to a distant other place?

I like to read in quiet; the chaos and lack of privacy of an airport kind of puts the kibosh on serious reading. Though maybe I could stomach the 5th grade level of the Duggar books. :)

• Love 3
I like to read in quiet; the chaos and lack of privacy of an airport kind of puts the kibosh on serious reading./quote]. Before I travel any distance at all (road trip, plane, doesn't matter...) if I'm going to be still and away from any kind of work for more than 20 minutes (and I'm not driving), I'm reading. You're right, the airport is busy - there's too much to SEE. The best "characters" in the world fly, don't they? Plus, my family says I have to work the crowd; I'm always alert for conversation. (I AM that woman in the elevator...but I'm very disarming, so it works out). When I'm going to the airport, I like to get a handful of Starbucks cards to give to the shaved and newly stationed military men and women I always see there. (The Marines can be tricky, they don't fly in dress - but the new ones always stick out because they have 400 tons of Marine baggage). You can't be watching for that and read at the same time - or I can't. As soon as I'm on the plane and my belt is secure, my iPad is going to be on kindle.

Yesterday, my husband wanted to go look at a Jeep (new man toy) and the seller lived about 1.5 hours away. When hubs told me he wanted me to go, the first thing I did was make sure my iPad (kindle) was charged up.

• Love 8

I like to read in quiet; the chaos and lack of privacy of an airport kind of puts the kibosh on serious reading. Though maybe I could stomach the 5th grade level of the Duggar books. :)

Yep, I'm sure you could read books written at the Duggar reading level. I guess the sad thing is, though, that they probably have to really concentrate hard to read even low-level stuff. That's a recipe for cementing a hate for reading, really.

I read an article this weekend about a homeschool curriculum that I'd heard of but never really known much about -- David Quine's Worldviews of the Western World.

https://homeschoolersanonymous.wordpress.com/2015/07/30/but-for-one-mistake-samaels-story/

Although it would obviously be way way way over the Duggars' heads, so they'd never use it, it seems to embrace a pernicious idea about reading that really reminds me of how they seem to approach all external messages:  

"It must be said for this curriculum that it does involve the pupil reading books with which he or she disagrees—indeed, books with which the author of the curriculum disagrees—which makes the use of this curriculum marginally better than outright book-burning, but the way in which it guides the pupil to read them is highly problematic, and, what is worse, it creates a habit in the pupil of continuing to read everything that he or she ever reads in the same way (I still catch myself doing it now and again).

"Quine’s curriculum tells the pupil that he or she already possesses all the Answers to the great questions of life (prime reality, human nature, ethics & evil, etc.) and then instructs him or her to read these works to figure out why the Answers that the works provide are Wrong.

"To put it in simple terms, Quine teaches pupils to see the devil in every human thought or word (excepting, of course, Quine’s own interpretation of the Holy Writ).

"But this does not only color the pupil’s interactions with new media; it affects how he or she relates to fellow students and even professors when he or she attends university. He or she seeks to proselytize the other person, to convince the other person that his or her Answers are absolutely and totally correct and that the other person’s pre-existing Answers are absolutely and totally incorrect—except insofar as they coincide with his or her own Answers.

"He or she does not wish to exchange with other people, to swap information and refine his or her own Answers in light of new data (and hopefully help the other person refine his or her Answers as well).

"In essence, such a person becomes impossible to teach or reason with."

Can't help but think of Jessa and Ben (without the actual reading of anything, though, I suppose.)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

Per a January 2014 Pew research survey, 1 in 4 Americans did not read a single book in 2013. So the Duggars have a lot of company.

Of note:

Last April, the United States Department of Education and the National Institute of Literacy found that 32 million Americans, or about 14 percent of the population, cannot read, while almost a quarter of American adults read below a fifth-grade level.

I'd like to think that most of the Duggars at least can read above a fifth-grade level, but am I giving them too much credit? This link says that the KJV is written at the 12th grade level.

"Hurry, Michelle's in caffeine withdrawal! She needs starbucks!"

How can Michelle, in good conscience, patronize Starbucks when they employ women? Or go to any family-style restaurant, for that matter; the server is just as likely to be a woman. Does Michelle make a dichotomy in her "mind," e.g. "She's surely going to hell because she's earning money, but I need my latté so I'll just blot out that fact for a second." Any insights?

• Love 1

The Duggars just incorporated somethign called MAD Family. God only knows what Michelle's up to.

As someone saving for braces, with real medical need for them, I wish I could just film for two minutes, say the doc's name, and get a free set. She didn't pay a penny for those. (Also, I floss three times a day. My dentist told me the only people who have trouble fitting floss between their teeth are people who never/rarely floss. Chalk another one up to Duggar hygiene.)

They incorporated something called MAD family?  That's so weird, who does that? Last I heard MAD stood for Mother's Against Drunk Driving. 

As for Josh listing High School as his education that would be accurate.  Many Home School programs are considered as providing High School education. Although not a Josh or Duggar fan I am a fan of homeschooling in certain situations.  With 19 kids and kids teaching kids I don't see how that could work but many home school programs are very good and I believe superior to public school which I think is a disaster.

Josh and the older children certainly have a basic high school education. To graduate in Virginia at the basic level isn't particularly rigorous, and I imagine they could meet those standards. And as I said, I'm not particularly upset that most of the Duggars don't read, as most people don't read. It's their antipathy for reading and books in general.

• Love 1

They incorporated something called MAD family?  That's so weird, who does that? Last I heard MAD stood for Mother's Against Drunk Driving. 

MADD. Otherwise MAD probably wouldn't have been granted, or there would have been a trademark issue.

MADD. Otherwise MAD probably wouldn't have been granted, or there would have been a trademark issue.

Oh that's right!   Well MAD family for the Duggars then!  Perfect as many really do see them as mad.

My favorite quote from Boob:

"God doesn’t give us laws because he doesn’t want us to have fun, he

gives us laws to protect us. Promiscuity increases AIDS and other

diseases. God’s design is one man and one woman for a lifetime.”

Gee I wish Jim Bob would tell the romantically-attached girl I'm currently in love with that gay people aren't monogamous. :(

Edited by Aja
  • Love 3

Per a January 2014 Pew research survey, 1 in 4 Americans did not read a single book in 2013. So the Duggars have a lot of company.

Of note:

I'd like to think that most of the Duggars at least can read above a fifth-grade level, but am I giving them too much credit? This link says that the KJV is written at the 12th grade level.

So 3 in 4 Americans did read a book or more, with the typical reader reading 5. That is 75%, or according to the article 76%.

• Love 9

Just think: if our mods could have counted keeping up with us during the firestorm in May, and counted it as "books", they would have skewed the national average.

I am a voracious reader averaging 4 to 6 books per month, plus the daily newspaper and a few magazines. That last 10 days of May, when I normally would have read 2 books, I read almost nothing ... except this forum.

I wonder if MEchelle will write a pop-up book. That's about her speed IMO. I should take my further thoughts to the goofy thread.

Seriously, though, has she revealed plans for a book or is this just speculation?

• Love 8

How can Michelle, in good conscience, patronize Starbucks when they employ women? Or go to any family-style restaurant, for that matter; the server is just as likely to be a woman. Does Michelle make a dichotomy in her "mind," e.g. "She's surely going to hell because she's earning money, but I need my latté so I'll just blot out that fact for a second." Any insights?

Because her mere presence minsters to the poor, wayward, misled-by-feminism slut that pours her coffee. Michelle probably thinks she converts someone every time she leaves the house. Don't get me started on Micchelle going to female physicians.

• Love 2
David Rodriques, pictured below with his wife Jill and Ma and Pa Keller, is the spitting image of Alfred E Neuman

2lnhfrd.jpg

They live in a camper with their eleven Dickensian waif children. Here's their camper's baby cage:

2vsnfrl.jpg

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 4

I've been flying a lot for the past several years. And what I notice is the very small number of people who are reading anything -- books, magazines, newspapers -- while waiting in the airport or while on the plane. A few are reading. A lot are flipping through their phone screens and texting or playing one of those candy-stacking games. And a lot are just staring into space looking bored. This makes me wonder how many people today are actually reading anything but texts, tweets, and Instagram captions. Because is there a more likely place and time to read than when you're waiting around for hours to get from one place to a distant other place? I can't think of one. And yet that doesn't seem to occur to very many people. Disturbs me.

That said, I expect the Duggars are still on the far bottom end of the reading scale. Because most people don't read because it doesn't occur to them or they're a little lazy or they don't think they can find anything interesting to read. While the Duggars are almost philosophically opposed to reading, I think. Plus, other people at least read news snippets online and watch tv and movies, where they see stories and even news and documentaries. The Duggs? Pretty much nothin except stuff they know already and absolutely know they'll agree with. That's truly scary.

Twenty-three percent of Americans did not read a book last year. Interestingly enough, the same number of households did not purchase a book, either. According to Pew, however, reading for pleasure is on its way back, which thrills me. (I have a tough time understanding people that don't read.) I think the ability to carry one's library around on an e-reader or tablet also helps with people who'd like to read but don't want to pack a book around all day.

I would not be surprised to learn that one or more of the Lost Girls or Howlers does not know how to read. We know that at least one of the younger boys is not reading at anywhere near his grade level. It's sad that Jim Boob and J-Chelle are more interested in ignorant and compliant children than those who can visit new and exciting worlds through the pages of a book.

• Love 5

David Rodriques, pictured below with his wife Jill and Ma and Pa Keller, is the spitting image of Alfred E Neuman 2lnhfrd.jpg

They live in a camper with their eleven Dickensian waif children. Here's their camper's baby cage: 2vsnfrl.jpg

No kidding. That's uncanny. .... Who knew Alfred E. was the prototype of stupid, lazy fundie men who aspire to having two dozen children?

• Love 1

David Rodriques, pictured below with his wife Jill and Ma and Pa Keller, is the spitting image of Alfred E Neuman 2lnhfrd.jpg

They live in a camper with their eleven Dickensian waif children. Here's their camper's baby cage:

2vsnfrl.jpg

They think that is an appropriate place for a baby to sleep? Too tiny, only front & top ventilation. My goodness it looks like an umbrella stand. It has a cover!!!!!!!! This is so wrong. 

So many swears and no one to hear them ...

• Love 4

They think that is an appropriate place for a baby to sleep? Too tiny, only front & top ventilation. My goodness it looks like an umbrella stand. It has a cover!!!!!!!! This is so wrong. 

So many swears and no one to hear them ...

I suppose it if didn't have a cover, any time the RV turned the child would be smothered in clothes that had fallen off the hangers above.

For the benefit of future children, any young couple who contemplates going the Duggar/Bates/Rodriguez childbearing route should be forced to spend a few days in a cold uncomfortable room staring at these images of what happens to the children -- the RV baby cover, the dead-eyed Duggar lost girls compared to their bright-eyed older sisters at the same age when the family was of manageable size, etc. etc. etc. Cruelty Incorporated.

• Love 7

Oh yeah. He's the fat dad with emaciated kids. What a catch! Jim Bob suddenly looks like quite the catch.

That was my first thought too, the guy is fat and the kids are hungry.

• Love 3

Thanks to both you and Sew Sumi.  I find both articles hilarious. 

My favorite quote from Boob:

"God doesn’t give us laws because he doesn’t want us to have fun, he

gives us laws to protect us. Promiscuity increases AIDS and other

diseases. God’s design is one man and one woman for a lifetime.”

The funny thing about this article is that it's from The Lovely County Citizen, the free weekly newspaper in Eureka Springs. I live and work in Eureka Springs; I actually write for the Citizen. I'm not sure how much those who live out-of-state know about Eureka Springs, but we are super duper gay friendly here. I moved here a year ago so I can't say for sure, but when that interview was conducted I'm pretty sure Eureka Springs was as gay as ever but less vocal about it. We have an equally vocal conservative Christian community here, and I'm pretty sure that community was how others perceived Eureka Springs when Boob did that interview. But the Citizen is and always has been very liberal.

Which means that Boob probably thought the story would go out to a community as God fearing as him and maybe didn't even realize the interviewer was making fun of him. I'm not sure how the Duggars continue to think Eureka Springs is this quaint little Christian town, especially with all the LGBT rights that have been passed in past years and the fact that we have four Diversity Weekends per year, but Ben even sent Jessa here for her engagement thing.

Anyway, I think the article made Boob seem even more ridiculous because I know the ins and outs of that specific paper. I personally think it's hilarious but I'm also probably going to hell.  

• Love 12

How can Michelle, in good conscience, patronize Starbucks when they employ women?

I would have thought a bigger issue for Michelle would be Starbucks' uncompromising support for gay marriage and gay rights in general. If there's a company on earth the Duggars should be boycotting, it's Starbucks.

• Love 8

Of course, they'd have to get rid of their iPhones etc. for the same reason. I always laugh when I see long internet rants from someone all "this company supports gay rights! I won't be using their product anymore!", because they're writing that rant on a computer and using a web browser made buy a company that supports equality. If only they would all boycott companies that supported equal rights, we'd never hear from them again.

• Love 10