Type keyword(s) to search

Michelle and JimBob aka J'Chelle and Boob

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Can you say "Swarovski crystals"?

Hard to see JB springing for those either, actually.

He's more of a sea-glass type of guy.  Sea glass comes in all different colors.  Clear, green, brown, yellow are probably the top but for anything else he can just use regular colored glass if he had to.

• Love 1

Can you say "Swarovski crystals"?

Hard to see JB springing for those either, actually.

I used to walk past a Swarovski store every day on my way to work. Exterior looked like Superman's fortress of solitude, and they had a Hello Kitty promotion that ran for what seemed like months.
  • Love 1

Thanks guys for the compliments!

The charms (Birthday blooms) on the Pandora bracelet are all $65 each. All are sterling silver, and all use genuine gemstones of varying types like Aquamarine, Garnet, Turquoise, Peridot, Rock Crystal, Quartz, Amethyst, Pink Opal, Moonstone, Lapis, Chrysoprase, and Carnelian

• Love 2

http://www.jcpenney.com/sterling-silver-multi-gemstone-cluster-ring/prod.jump?ppId=pp5001900584&cm_mmc=Affiliates-_-J84DHJLQkR4-_-1-_-10&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=J84DHJLQkR4&utm_campaign=1&utm_content=10&siteID=J84DHJLQkR4-yVbpHO9sqNqjy0zshYvYjw

it's not this ring but similar. It doesn't matter if JB got just the right gemstones for the brood. Michelle probably doesn't know anyway. It's just a video opportunity.

• Love 1

Welcome Italian ice -love your name, it's one of my favorite frozen confections.

I was wondering why Boob didn't ask for the girls input in designing the ring. I'm just guessing he didn't because if he did, I would think one of them would have given their honest opinion that it was tacky & something MEchelle would find hard to wear. But in typical Boob fashion, he wanted to take in all the glory from designing the ring ALL BY HIMSELF (and it sure showed!!)

Funny coincidence - Just watched an episode of the Lucy Show (with Lucille Ball) & it involved Elizabeth Taylor & one of her rings. Didn't someone upthread mention her rings?

• Love 2
(edited)

Yes I believe someone mentioned Elizabeth Taylor's lack of good taste in jewelry.  Shit though she should have had an ex-husband ring made for her, that would have been pretty cool.  Instead of birthstones she could have either used the date of marriage or date of divorce for the gems.

Edited by Defrauder
  • Love 4

http://www.jcpenney.com/sterling-silver-multi-gemstone-cluster-ring/prod.jump?ppId=pp5001900584&cm_mmc=Affiliates-_-J84DHJLQkR4-_-1-_-10&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=J84DHJLQkR4&utm_campaign=1&utm_content=10&siteID=J84DHJLQkR4-yVbpHO9sqNqjy0zshYvYjw

it's not this ring but similar. It doesn't matter if JB got just the right gemstones for the brood. Michelle probably doesn't know anyway. It's just a video opportunity.

Wow! I didn't think it was possible for a ring to be MORE hideous than the one JB gave J'chelle, but this is pretty awful.

I really do think that the ring was ordered a long time ago and was going to be part of a "very special" episode. I imagine that JB had to pay for it now that there will be no free advertisement for the jeweler (a blessing in disguise for whoever that is). I honestly don't think that JB would pay $1400 for anything -- even for J'chelle.

• Love 3

Welcome Italian ice -love your name, it's one of my favorite frozen confections.

I was wondering why Boob didn't ask for the girls input in designing the ring. I'm just guessing he didn't because if he did, I would think one of them would have given their honest opinion that it was tacky & something MEchelle would find hard to wear. But in typical Boob fashion, he wanted to take in all the glory from designing the ring ALL BY HIMSELF (and it sure showed!!)

Funny coincidence - Just watched an episode of the Lucy Show (with Lucille Ball) & it involved Elizabeth Taylor & one of her rings. Didn't someone upthread mention her rings?

That was me! LOL

I'm not sure one CAN actually wear it, even if one wanted to, wouldn't it crowd out the other fingers and just not go on right?

... and with the missing back muscle and all.

• Love 9

I have an ad for Brilliant Earth Stunning Vintage Rings One-of-a-Kind Beauty.  With a picture of a pretty vintage ring. 

Back to J and B.  I wonder how much of the stuff they spew they actually believe.

• Love 2
Back to J and B.  I wonder how much of the stuff they spew they actually believe.

Great question, lookeyloo - I do think they actually believe everything they say.

They do not, however, in my opinion, actually practice it. Big difference. 

• Love 13

Great question, lookeyloo - I do think they actually believe everything they say.

They do not, however, in my opinion, actually practice it. Big difference.

This. This. And more this.

• Love 5
(edited)

GeeGolly - I don't know how to post a link (Herp-derp ! I'm old !) but start Googling Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Tiffany's, etc, or looking for them in your default browser (mine is Yahoo) and you'll soon be transported to a land of advertising that won't make your fingers turn green by simply looking at them...  :)

Funny to note that the main page for Cartier features a ring that's kinda like Michelle's, but is so very French and tasteful, non ?, and utterly unlike the one JB got, which, to me, looks like spray-painted un-popped popcorn kernels glued to a pop-can tab. 

Happy Saturday everybody !!!   :)

Edited by SomePity1066
  • Love 6

I hope this isn't off-topic, but ever since we started discussing the anniversary monstrosity JB bought for Michelle, which I'm going to dub Not My Precious going forward, I've been getting hella ads from JC Penney and similar places with some of the ugliest jewelry known to mankind. Now, I know sites track you and what you look up - I get it - it's revenue stream and I understand, but I hope they that don't think I actually LIKE this kind of stuff !

I'm going to spend the next hour Googling stuff from Tiffany & Co., Cartier, Van Cleef and Arpels, and praying to The Great Gumball Machine in the Sky that my Interwebs persona is more Duchess Kate and less Mama June.

Sincerely,

Bored of the Rings

I have an idea to get the ugly rings ads from coming up, is there a way that you can clear your browsing history?  Good luck!

Also LOL at 'Bored of the Rings".

• Love 1

By the way wouldn't it be great if we were all just Duggar kids in disguise making fun of their parents.  

I thought I was being so sly.  ;)

I bet both TLC and at least a Duggar, like maybe Josh, stalk this forum.

• Love 8

Of course they follow these forums remember all the Fuck You Internets that were shown on the show after we said something

Yeah one of them had to be following the thread for those moments. I kept waiting for one that

showed Jana didn't do all of the work but somehow that never came up. I often wondered what

the other kids would have thought if they read about how much support people had for them

more then they probably ever get from their parents.

• Love 3

GeeGolly - I don't know how to post a link (Herp-derp ! I'm old !) 

If you past a URL into the reply window, p.tv converts it to a link for you. 

• Love 2

I thought I was being so sly.  ;)

I bet both TLC and at least a Duggar, like maybe Josh, stalk this forum.

Hey, stalking the Internet sites where people are highly critical of the Duggars could be a new full-time job for Josh. Now if he could just find a way to get somebody other that JB to pay him for that.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'll post a link to the goldsmiths that made my wedding ring as a palate cleanser. ;-) My ring looks like the second ring from the left in the second row of photos. I've been wearing it 22 years now and I will never be tired of it.

http://www.hanniganadams.com/

In other words, my ring will be gorgeous long after that POS Jim Boob "bought" for his child bride is turning someone's finger green/forgotten in a dresser drawer in the TTH.

Here's another link to a place I looooove to browse. http://www.tiffany.com

Edited by Missy Vixen
  • Love 4

By the way wouldn't it be great if we were all just Duggar kids in disguise making fun of their parents.  

DAMMIT JINGER, BE QUIET!!!!!

• Love 20
(edited)

I call BS on my mom's, I mean Michelle's, missing back muscle.  First of all I've never heard of such a thing.  Second of all even if she did have some mysterious back muscle that went missing somehow there is no way that she would be able to roller skate and water ski but NOT pick up a toddler.  Sorry.  Besides that pregnancy itself is more stress on the back than picking up a toddler.  The whole thing is such bullshit.  I actually HAVE serious back problems from my multiple sclerosis and there is no way that I can roller skate but I can manage to lift my 20 pound dog if I need to.  Also never stopped me from picking up my small child when he was small.

And is her mysterious missing back muscle hereditary and just how did it go missing?  If it is hereditary why is she making her daughters who may have a missing back muscle lift her children?

Edited by Defrauder
  • Love 16

Do Pandora charm bracelets rattle? Michelle seems like she would like to sneak around quietly.

Yes, they DO rattle, Kokapetl, just a bit, but only if you don't have enough charms to "fill up" the bracelet, which, in Michelle's case, would be chock-full-o-charms for each and every kid from the get-go - AND SHE GAVE BIRTH TO ALLLLLL OF THEM. TeeHee.

Seriously, mine rattled as it "grew", but after years of b-days, anniversaries, travel, new dogs, and more new dogs, it was a nice, tight fit - no clang-clang.

Hey, stalking the Internet sites where people are highly critical of the Duggars could be a new full-time job for Josh. Now if he could just find a way to get somebody other that JB to pay him for that.

Yep, Churchhoney - he can do his own self-spin PR from inside the VoldeFort he built inside Daddy's loft/warehouse/barn out of couch cushions and count up .03 cents for every "jurisdiction", i.e. clicks from folks from Hobby Lobby, the FRC, Chik-Fil-A, and the Council for The Confederate Flag is the New Black. The irony in that last one made me laugh enough to make my dog look - haha...

He can be rich, I tell you, RICH, in...about a thousand years. Stay inside the fort, Joshie. You do more good than harm from there, and I'm sure someone will bring you a YooHoo and some TTC at regular intervals. He can bide his time by reading Thus Spoke Zarathustra and trying to remember how many children he has.

• Love 10

And is her mysterious missing back muscle hereditary and just how did it go missing? If it is hereditary why is she making her daughters who may have a missing back muscle lift her children?

Maybe her 'missing back muscle' is code for her missing heart for children. And luckily, the lord provided ALL of her girl children with a forced heart for children. Amen!

• Love 11

Do Pandora charm bracelets rattle? Michelle seems like she would like to sneak around quietly.

I have one, and mine's not full yet. Shorter answer: No.

I'm sure J-Chelle wants to move around the TTH without detection. After all, if the kids know she's there, they'll ask for something. Or attention. Whichever's worse for her.

• Love 2

I'll post a link to the goldsmiths that made my wedding ring as a palate cleanser. ;-) My ring looks like the second ring from the left in the second row of photos. I've been wearing it 22 years now and I will never be tired of it.

http://www.hanniganadams.com/

In other words, my ring will be gorgeous long after that POS Jim Boob "bought" for his child bride is turning someone's finger green/forgotten in a dresser drawer in the TTH.

Here's another link to a place I looooove to browse. http://www.tiffany.com

Oh, Tiffany's - that is the loveliest place to browse. And I'm not even a major jewelry person. Everything there is just so darned pretty. Heavy sigh of longing...

• Love 1

I have one, and mine's not full yet. Shorter answer: No.

I'm sure J-Chelle wants to move around the TTH without detection. After all, if the kids know she's there, they'll ask for something. Or attention. Whichever's worse for her.

I'm sure by now even Josie knows not to ever try and communicate with Momma. Not until she can cook and drive Momma to Starbucks anyway.

• Love 2

Unless one of the "olders" really is designated to stick around forever and see after the parents (like the Amish), it's going to be AWFUL for the "littles" when they get to be the bigs. I am still holding out hope that ONE of these kids will saw "aw HAY-ULL TO THE NAWWW!!!"

And I'm going back for a moment to JB's birthday (or maybe it was Fathers Day) when someone made the comment that maybe the men-folk get served first (because JB's plate was the only one served in the pic). That is the norm in the world of Amish, and I have some belief that the Duggars pattern some behaviors after the Amish. When we have big dinners, the men go through the line first and are generally done eating and gone by the time the women go through the line. Once served, family units don't sit together. Men sit on the left side, women on the right (with the children). Families don't sit together in church, either. Men on the left (facing forward, they'd be on my left), women on the right. Men are trained to believe they are superior in every way from birth onward. Men can't be bothered by children during church. Men can't be bothered by children during a meal. Men has men things to tend to.

When my Grampa died (Harf Daudie), it was looked upon with awe and amazement because the serving tables were set up so that the women and children were directed down the opposite side of the table - serving themselves at the same time as the men. Shocker!!! No kidding - we talked about that for days! I also noted that during the wake of my Aunt Mary last year (where absolute stillness and silence are required), several of the men had toddlers or babies on their laps. Not during the actual funeral, but the wake. It's a small thing, but it's definitely progress.

A total aside: the Amish are really really fond of the not-praying-aloud-in-public tradition, including a blessing over food. I know other people practice that as well, it's not unique to Amish. But that blessing thing makes me NUTS!!! When we had Amish here recently for a visit, there were Mennonites in the mix as well. I suffered through one meal with the silent prayer. After that, just before we sat down every time, I would say, "ok, who's praying?" And make them do it out loud.

• Love 1

I call BS on my mom's, I mean Michelle's, missing back muscle.  First of all I've never heard of such a thing.  Second of all even if she did have some mysterious back muscle that went missing somehow there is no way that she would be able to roller skate and water ski but NOT pick up a toddler.  Sorry.  Besides that pregnancy itself is more stress on the back than picking up a toddler.  The whole thing is such bullshit.  I actually HAVE serious back problems from my multiple sclerosis and there is no way that I can roller skate but I can manage to lift my 20 pound dog if I need to.  Also never stopped me from picking up my small child when he was small.

And is her mysterious missing back muscle hereditary and just how did it go missing?  If it is hereditary why is she making her daughters who may have a missing back muscle lift her children?

I could honestly believe the missing back muscle as I have a rare muscle issue myself. What I don't understand is how her muscle seems to mysteriously reappear at full strength when Josie wants to be picked up, or Michelle wants to go roller skating or water skiing. 

• Love 3

I could honestly believe the missing back muscle as I have a rare muscle issue myself. What I don't understand is how her muscle seems to mysteriously reappear at full strength when Josie wants to be picked up, or Michelle wants to go roller skating or water skiing.

Exactly. My back is out half the time, and there's no way of knowing from the outside whether it is or not. Missing body parts, on the other hand, do not randomly reappear. It sounds to me as if what Michelle has is a thin excuse not to perform any tasks she doesn't feel like performing and the ability to beat the children she's handing off her parenting to if they challenge her thin excuses.

• Love 3

I have back trouble, and it started around my mid-forties. Picking up and lifting something is torture, but I'm actually very good at climbing, kayaking and carrying things. I also have trouble standing. So I'm sympathetic to people with back trouble, because those muscles are so complex, they really can impact each person differently.

But a "missing back muscle?" Sigh. It just seems like she never can be like anyone else.

• Love 1