Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Welcome To Amsterdam?

• Start Topic

I don't think Kyle feels she should be revered by Kim for dealing with the years of addiction.  I think she would just like to be able to enjoy herself without some drama being caused by Kim.  I'm talking about the drama she brought to events like holding up Adrianne and Paul's flight because she was stumbling around at home, unable to find her passport or whatever, the times the group stood around waiting for her to show up to get on a boat or other transportation, the over the top behavior at Eileen's poker party, etc.  The ladies have all seen her higher than a kite at some point in the show, and I'm sure they'd all like to have a good time without Kim either being under the influence or bringing the bitchiness like she did last night. 

Imagine going to a party or event, that's part of your job, and not knowing what time bomb is going to go off? That's what all of these women are dealing with where Kim is concerned. Not to mention the private issues they have to deal with when cameras aren't rolling. It's added stress for everyone concerned.

• Love 15

Le sigh.... I don't have much to add. You all seem to have it covered. But one thing that just was glaringly obvious to me this episode was how much Kyle needs attention and reassurance.  When she was going out with the girls and asked them if her jumpsuit was "fancy" enough, I cringed. When Kim picked the fight with her about her luggage, she turned to Yo and said something to the effect, why does she always do this to me? And was she on stage with the donors? I know she likes to do splits and twirl her hair at any moment and speak loudly about her connections, but this week seemed to show her as more needy. Discuss...

I think Kyle was underdressed compared to Lisar, and Yolanda, in that stunner of a gown, but it worked when she went on stage with the rock and roller, Steve Tyler.  Since I have been yammering about this event for seems like ever-I knew someone that was there (from Calgary) the RH were a huge hit.  Canadians love, love, love David Foster and this minimum donation of $10,000.00, shows he can draw the big $$$$$$$$$$$$$ and even let Kim and Brandi tag along.

I am at a loss why Kim keeps going off on Kyle.  I get Kim was cranky after flying all night but this could have been the one time she was supportive of Kyle - no one was pleased having to wait for her but it sounded like she left her bag someplace where she had to wait for customs.  I do think Bravo is editing this episode to show that Yolanda and Kyle are getting along and becoming friends. 

I thought Kyle was embarrassed over Kim aggressive behavior on the plane.  I can't tell why Brandi is till being such a pill towards Kyle and I think Kyle was mortally embarrassed over leaving her bag.

• Love 8

Yes, Kim has been late tons of times. But never for anything reasonable or travel-related like misplacing luggage. Kim's reasons were always drug-related. Big difference.

But see this is where Kyle can lose me with her whole spiel about "I only ever want to blah blah blah" to Kim. So because it was about drugs Kyle can just go in on Kim, discuss it or body language it or whatever ad nauseum with everyone else and publicly but still try to make claims like she's only ever been there for her? Hey Kim was terrible during that season but she also spent a lot of time trying to be behind closed doors and not succeeding all the time but she was hiding and threw it all Kyle just kept trying to pulling her into the shot. There didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason it was just what it appeared to be. A fed up Kyle, giving not one fuck and wanting to announce it to the world with complete abandon. Kim was making bad decisions obviously but my point is the oh so caring sister. She went in during that season and left nothing for the imagination. I mean damn! There was no hiding it and yet Kyle still went full blast.  

No, I get why Kyle goes there and hey she has that right but she can't then fall back on that whole "I never ever want to hurt you" fakeness whenever the mood strikes her. I think Kyle needs to also get honest about those years of "support" and at least admit to Kim that yes those years where hard and the pressure and worry and tornadoes made me a not nice person sometimes towards you or yes there were times I ignored your calls. Made you feel guilty and ashamed etc. etc. etc. From the way I've seen her behave and act about Kim's addictions during this show I have no trouble believing that Kyle stepped into frustrated, over it, below the belt jabs territory regarding Kim waaaaaaayyyyy before this show began filming. Kyle having very valid reasons for her trips into fuck it, I'm over it sister mode doesn't change the fact that it happened, she's also gone to a dark place when it comes to Kim and can't act like she's been some flawless, saintly participate in Kim's struggle. And Kim can't even express that anger and hurt she feels about it cause well she has no right because it's her addiction that's created in the first place. Now come on! I think it's wrong for Kyle to put this front up. That's all I'm saying. Not that it's not understandable, not that Kim doesn't hold any responsibility but that Kyle should take ownership of what she may also have possibly contributed to the demons that surround both sisters. It's not just Kim's addictions anymore. It's really not right. Kyle absolutely plays a part and it shouldn't be reduced to this ONE (good sister) side of the role to this story.

Kim flipping out to me just looked like her trying to express every last ounce of resentment with how Kyle's gone there with her in the past in that one moment. So yeah it seemed like a complete overreaction but I so completely get it.

• Love 5
Anyway, she picked up a black raincoat and her daughter says "oh I didn't know you had that, I'm gonna steal that" and Lisa says "it's from Target" to which her daughter replies with a half smile "oh". Lisa quickly says 'no' and puts that rag back on the bargain rack. For a split second I thought how really great it would be if LisaR wanted to really prove to us how 'down to earth' and 'just like us' she is by taking that Target raincoat and wearing it in Holland while the others were dressed in Galliano, Georgio Armani or Versace. I'd be her fan for life if she ever did something like that.

I actually like Lisar, but that moment with the Target trench annoyed me. Her daughter seems pretty stuck up. I thought that coat was adorable and I would love to have one! Target is like my second home, so don't nobody be rolling their eyes at Target! It's kind of funny, because obviously Lisar bought it in the first place. So I don't think she has a problem with Target herself. But she kind of acts like a little, insecure high school girl around her daughters. "Oh yea, Target. Boo. You're right. Let's put that back". So weird. 

Did I miss the scene in which Kim apologizes to LisaR for the limo ride from hell?  Has this ever happened?  It's amazing how entitled Kim is.  All the blackouts must make it easy to convince herself she never misbehaves.

Right??? Kim acts like a raving lunatic in the limo, scares Lisar, never says a word about it, and then gets mad because Lisa was talking to other castmates about her concern for Kim? Oh, and Kim also doesn't get mad at the other person(BRANDI) who was fully engaged in the conversation as well? She's just a little brat. 

• Love 9

I don't find it cute or adorable when the women go out of town and the menfolk are lost and can't figure out how to get their own children fed, clothed, and off to school/activities. Even giving leeway for men who work a lot like Mauricio, it still seems ridiculous for them to need so many instructions.

Yeahhh...ummm...I cracked up during each scene of the Housewives engaging in this behaviour...because its SO me.

At the end of the day, no matter how wonderful a Dad a man is, he doesnt run the house like Mom. And while its very ok that Dads dont....I definitely understand the urge to make sure things still run smoothly while Mom is away!

• Love 5

I don't disagree. Like I said before....none of these women are sober. Would it be okay if they were taking a couple of bong hits in front of their children? What if they lived in Colorado or Washington?

Every time I have seen her she is drinking. Even if it is socially, that sends a message that one can only be social with a drink in their hand.

But it shouldn't be for them because they are at great risk. The fact that 2 of their father's siblings and he himself had issues with drugs and alcohol is significant. @ of them died from their addictions. That would be enough for me to determine that I would want to show my girls that I can socialize3 and live my life without alcohol or drugs at all. 

I'm sure they are aware that cocaine exists too. It is a good way to stay skinny, right? It's nothing new to this group. Faye Resnik, Kyle Richards, Kardashian momma.

You're twisting words. I'm confused as to what this flawed cocaine analogy has to do with any of this. My comment didn't at all imply that I thought Lisa R. should encourage her kids to drink; I merely said that Lisa drinking sometimes is far from the only thing that alerts her kids to the fact that there is alcohol in our universe and, sometimes, people drink it.

As far as sending a message that one can only be social with a drink in her hand... everything is not meant to be a "message." Also, "every time [you] see her" is a mere fraction of the amount of times her own children, with whom she lives, see her. I'd be shocked to learn that those girls look at the show and say, "Mom is giving us a message with that wine! We better bring a bottle to the cafeteria tomorrow for lunch so we can socialize properly." From what the show shows us, she drinks like a completely regular person. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 16

And Kim's "You're only as sick as your secrets", please.   Honey, you're fatal.  One secret away from a toe tag. 

The way it is now she has a standing reservation at N. Mission Road. Then we'll know all of her secrets after the tox report and Kyle will have some peace.

• Love 5

All I want is for Bitch!Kim! to take all the fucking seats and to shut the fuck up, ™Brandi.  I cannot get worked up about Lisa Rinna's alcohol consumption when she has never shown herself to be anywhere near either woman in her levels of consumption.  

And they don't live in Colorado or Washington, so why on earth are bong hits being brought into the conversation?  This is the most out there argument ever.   

• Love 23
Yeahhh...ummm...I cracked up during each scene of the Housewives engaging in this behaviour...because its SO me.

At the end of the day, no matter how wonderful a Dad a man is, he doesnt run the house like Mom. And while its very ok that Dads dont....I definitely understand the urge to make sure things still run smoothly while Mom is away!

Agreed. Watching Eileen and Vince was like watching me and my husband. I make detailed lists just like she does AND I go over the list with him. I don't just leave the list. And this could be if I'm going to town for 6 hours on my birthday. LOL! I'm just such a control freak , it's more about me than him. I know he would be able to take care of the kids just fine, even if he didn't do things exactly how I did. But it makes me feel better to know I've given him instructions. I don't know how much Vince is home or how involved he is on a daily basis, but my husband works A LOT, so he doesn't know our schedule perfectly. And the kids really do like their schedule. I thought those scenes were very relatable and funny. 

• Love 5

Has there ever been a time on this show where David was part of the episode that Yolanda didn't make some sort of toast or speech about him?  After a while it gets a little overkill.  I know this time it was warranted because it is his foundation, but I'm pretty sick of her always toasting and praising him in front of everybody.  Nobody else on this show does that when their husband is featured in the episode.  We get it Yo, you love David!  Sheesh!

Sorry but I will always praise my man in front of others. I have no problem being his biggest fan. He's mine and I am blessed to have him in my life.

Go Yo!

• Love 4

Love, love, LOVED last night on WWHL when the poll sided with Lisar 83/17!!!!! Talk about a landslide. Hope widdle kimmie was watching!

Is there a forum to discuss WWHL? I couldn't find it when I looked quickly through the shows.

• Love 1

I actually thought last night might be a fun episode. We used to have scavenge/treasure hunts when I was in college. We had a blast. I hope I wouldn't be the buzz kill these ladies generally were today, but maybe it's just something better left in my youth with the fun memories intact.

Amsterdam is gorgeous. But why drag along a spoiled child and her trailer trash buddy? Without those two I think it could have been a really fun trip.

I think, as of last night, my hate for Kim has caught up to,no, actually it  surpassed, my hate for NeNe. I still hate Brandi and Teresa more, but she is now in the top 3. Kim is a nasty, spoiled bitch. She's also an addict, but I fail to see how that excuses anything else.

Kim was miserable because everything wasn't about her, her problems, her pain, her neglectful sister.Bitch is not happy if everyone is not worrying about her. STFU bitch. Sober up or don't, I personally don't give one quik fuck, but I do not  watch BRAVO to see miserable addicts. Kyle needs to also STFU too  and stop worrying about the ungrateful bitch.  

I say give the Richards sisters, and their sidekick Brandi, their own spin off. I am sick to death of them ruining this show.

The rest of the housewives can stay. I will even suffer through Yolanda's crap, at least she is not a disgusting pig and she has really cool houses, clothes, friends  and she brought us all to beautiful Amsterdam.

• Love 10

I'm not inclined to believe that Kyle believes she should be either. I don't think "complete pillar" is even relevant; Kyle shouldn't have to be anything at all for her adult sister who chooses to do everything she can to destroy herself.

And she doesn't have to be. That's the point. She also doesn't need to carry the years of "support" as a badge either which I personal believes she tries to do.

• Love 2
Kim flipping out to me just looked like her trying to express every last ounce of resentment with how Kyle's gone there with her in the past in that one moment. So yeah it seemed like a complete overreaction but I so completely get it.

I think where I don't get it- and this is probably entirely my own lack of awareness- is that Kim's feelings are driven in part by her recollections of events that happened while she was drunk/high/whatever.  So while I don't believe Kyle is a saint or "the good sister," I do think Kim's reacting to a distorted image.  And, though I'm likely being unfair, I feel like Kim should recognize that and take it down a notch.  It's not that she isn't entitled to have feelings, I just think they should come with some self-awareness.  The self-awareness I, as a viewer of an edited tv show, feel she should have- so I know I'm being ridiculous here.  

Also, I think I'm biased in that I feel like Kim's a selfish person in general, even if addiction issues weren't present.  I tend to think she wouldn't have been happy unless Kyle tagged-team Rinna with her, like the sisters went in on Brandi together back in the day.  

This conversation about drinking and sending messages with behavior- I love it.  I totally believe that actions send messages and whatnot, and I can support the idea that by drinking socially on the show Rinna's communicating something about alcohol consumption.  That said, it's not an isolated image- her daughters see her at home, as others have noted, and they'll also get messages from other media, from their friends.  

More than that, I think that people aren't blank slates or sponges.  I mean...I think it's plausible that you could see a parent drinking socially on a tv show about grown women fighting each other (because this is what women do in "reality," right?) and be disgusted by it.

So I would agree that Rinna's saying something to her daughters, I just don't know what they're hearing.

• Love 4

I do agree that sometimes Kyle seems needy, but I didn't get that in this instance. I just thought she was double-checking with Yo because A. She was not familiar with the event and B.

I think Kyle is one of those women who probably doesn't have a natural affinity for choosing outfits that are appropriate for certain occasions.  I mean, I've never really seen her dressed inappropriately, ie. ass hanging out at a child's birthday party, but some women just know innatelythe perfect dress/accessories for a garden lunch or a formal dinner and some don't.  They need a little direction.  I think Kyle is one of those.

The debate follows is that as Kyle's close friend, Lisar is saying the things that Kyle wants her to say but cannot for fear of backlash from fans, Kim, or her family.

I agree that Lisa R is not acting as Kyle's mouthpiece. Lisa just desperately needed a way to insert herself into Kim's addiction storyline and it appears she has succeeded.

In this instance, in the last few episodes, Kyle has done nothing to warrant the vitriol she's been subjected to by her sister.

That we've been shown.  I think Kyle can be every bit as awful as Kim is.

• Love 3

Kim was awful. Of course she was just told that Lisa R is going around talking to everyone on camera behind her back about a sensitive situation. She has not seen what we have and she is definitely tone deaf to her own behavior and how she triggered the whole thing herself.

• Love 7

Maybe she should stop acting like an asshole and then people will stop taking her to task for her behavior.  I see nothing wrong with people who care about her wanting an explanation for her behavior.  Or expecting an apology when she lashes out at them for no reason.  She didn't have to go on the trip if she didn't want to, Lord knows she's missed things before because of her flaky bullshit.

Then take her to task for her BEHAVIOR. Hey, have at it. Bring it up, express annoyance and let it be know that she rude, she has bad manners, let her have it about how uncomfortable it made people and that it wasn't cool. If it's about her being an asshole then talk to her about being an asshole but it's not being handled that way. It's being wrapped in the whole you're an addict blanket. I mean shit I would love to see just once someone go up to Kim and say "hey you were acting in a way that I didn't like made me uncomfortable and it sort of ruined the vibe for the rest of us for the rest of the night. I have an issue with that and I just wanted to be upfront about it" And wherever the hell that conversation goes... god help 'em but shit! It's either concern over her health and safety or its about butt hurt feelings regarding Kim's behavior. If you're going to tackle the addiction then tackle it in a genuine, heartfelt non fake way but if it's about how THEY feel and not wanting put up with how she acts then say so and fuck off. No need to even bring up the addiction if it's a secondary concern to how terrible Kim makes their immediate environment.

• Love 7

I am not sure this is what she was intending, but Kyle kind of stood up for Brandi a little bit about the escalator deal in her blog. She said that Brandi's leg got hurt in the incident. She said it might not have looked so bad on camera, but that it was scary as hell when it happened. I guess that is why we saw Brandi kind of push her way around Kim and take off.

She also said that next week contains the most intense moment we have ever seen on 5 seasons of this show. Considering this is the show that brought us the Limo Reveal, that is saying something.

• Love 7
http://www.trashtalktv.com/02/24/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-recap-ids-all-gyles-fauld-you-guyzz/348075/ A sometimes funny recap.  I have to agree Brandi did look like she was wearing a used toilet brush at David's gala and she absolutely needs a clue about her hair.

Is it just me or does Brandi have a very male pattern receding hairline in that picture that's being covered up with some sort of spray?  Her hairline looks absolutely bizarre.  I don't give two shits for Brandi, but hair loss in women is a depressing, difficult thing to deal with, whether it's due to genetics or to disease. My aunt lost most of her hair by the time she was fifty and it was always hard for her, though in some ways I envied her ability to do some crazy, fun things via hairpieces and wigs.   Finally she embraced it, but it was tough.

I could never believe how expensive really good (read: passable) wigs are.

Andy also said on WWHL that the reunion was the most intense ever.  I hope some of that intensity is due to Kim's feet being held to the fire.  Clearly from the way Lisa R trounced Kim in the fan polls, viewers are wanting to see this happen.

• Love 8

Very interested to see where Kyle runs off to in the restaurant during "the incident".

I like Kyle's spontaneous enthusiasm for things. The David Foster gala, seeing Holland. I am sure most believe everything Kyle does is for the cameras but there are times when you see pure unguarded moments. Contrast to how wary and un guard she is every time she is with Kim and other HW's. She and Kim alone is more real but Kim and other people, she looked like a cat in waiting.

Sounds like Kim has filled Brandi's ear with lots and lots of old Richard grievances . And Brandi has filled Kim's ear with how she should stand up to her sister ( by way of insulting her constantly).

LisaV's references to sex. In the first two seasons Lisa's schtick was how she never gave it up except on her birthday. All of a sudden, she changes her persona to be much more sexual.  Doesn't ring true at all.  But, she does adore her husband and he her.

• Love 6

Brandi's blog is up and of course she is trying to call LisaR out for outing her husband. STFU Brandi. As I said in an earlier post LR knows her husband better than us and I'm sure better than Brandi. If Harry didn't want this public, I would assume his wife would know this.

Oh and she never uses LisaR's name. That's the immature bullshit I have come to expect from Brandi.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 10

Brandi's blog is up and of course she is trying to call LisaR out for outing her husband. STFU Brandi. As I said in an earlier post LR knows her husband better than us and I'm sure better than Brandi. If Harry didn't want this public, I would assume his wife would know this.

Oh and she never uses LisaR's name. That's the immature bullshit I have come to expect from Brandi.

I've noticed she doesn't call Lisar by her name either.  Just says things like "one new member of our group".  What the hell is that about?

My favorite part is how she is so pissy that Lisar - who she contends doesn't know Kim well enough to be involved in this situation - is making assumptions about Kim's sobriety on camera. I often wonder if Brandi forgets that she is the one who told the world that Kim was doing meth in the bathroom. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 11

Then take her to task for her BEHAVIOR. Hey, have at it. Bring it up, express annoyance and let it be know that she rude, she has bad manners, let her have it about how uncomfortable it made people and that it wasn't cool. If it's about her being an asshole then talk to her about being an asshole but it's not being handled that way. It's being wrapped in the whole you're an addict blanket. I mean shit I would love to see just once someone go up to Kim and say "hey you were acting in a way that I didn't like made me uncomfortable and it sort of ruined the vibe for the rest of us for the rest of the night. I have an issue with that and I just wanted to be upfront about it" And wherever the hell that conversation goes... god help 'em but shit! It's either concern over her health and safety or its about butt hurt feelings regarding Kim's behavior. If you're going to tackle the addiction then tackle it in a genuine, heartfelt non fake way but if it's about how THEY feel and not wanting put up with how she acts then say so and fuck off. No need to even bring up the addiction if it's a secondary concern to how terrible Kim makes their immediate environment.

I'm confused.  You've spent the last few posts slamming Kyle for not being supportive to Kim.  How is walking up to her to tell her she's acting like an asshole being supportive?  This is my entire issue with Kim.  Kyle can't do anything right because she doesn't know what she's going to get with Kim.  One minute Kim is telling her Kyle's her best friend and the next she's lobbing insults about how Kyle isn't supportive as she'd like her to be.  Kyle cannot win no matter what she does.  In one sentence you want them to confront her directly with inflammatory words and insults and in the next you're asking them to be genuine and heartfelt, how is calling someone an asshole genuine and heartfelt?

Kim can't handle it when someone asks her what the problem is, but she can handle someone calling her an asshole?  Lisa R tried to explain to her with compassion (and directly, I might add) what she was having issues with and Kim told her to shutup about it.  Look at what she did when she noticed Kyle was obviously uncomfortable "Why are you hiding behind your jacket?"  had Kyle said to her "You're making me uncomfortable.  This is unnecessary and I'm embarrassed."  What would have happened?  Kim would have lost her shit.

So explain to me what target these ladies are supposed to hit with her?  

I'm not trying to be difficult, I genuinely don't see how calling someone an asshole is genuine and heartfelt.  

That we've been shown.  I think Kyle can be every bit as awful as Kim is.

Hence my post that stated clearly in the last few episodes.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 20

Kim looks to have been on a massive dry drunk during this period.  Spouting 12-step tropes out of context seems to be her thing. 

Modelling responsible drinking behavior is just as instructive to children as the Days of Wine and Roses thing. 

• Love 8

That's cool. Different strokes. I run my house too but when it comes to the kids, it's 50/50. Or 100/100 if you will. We're equally involved and abreast when it comes to them so it's hard for me to imagine it any other way.

• Love 1

becauseIsaidso, on 25 Feb 2015 - 09:12 AM, said:

Love, love, LOVED last night on WWHL when the poll sided with Lisar 83/17!!!!! Talk about a landslide. Hope widdle kimmie was watching!

I'd be interested to know if those percentages change once Lisa has her hissy fit next week.  The landslide last night was totally predictable. Before the results came back, I'd guessed 90/10.  Had Andy used the poll after next week's show, it might be more interesting.  But yeah, it certainly sends a message to how the audience is feeling this week anyway.  I'm sure Lisa would still come out ahead.

Edited by Lisin
  • Love 4

I've noticed she doesn't call Lisar by her name either.  Just says things like "one new member of our group".  What the hell is that about?

My favorite part is how she is so pissy that Lisar - who she contends doesn't know Kim well enough to be involved in this situation - is making assumptions about Kim's sobriety on camera. I often wonder if Brandi forgets that she is the one who told the world that Kim was doing meth in the bathroom. 

Brandi also fails to mention that it was the conversation she had with Lisa R that gave Lisa the impression Kim's situation was that dire and that it was she, Brandi, that brought Kim into than conversation. It is also Brandi that is telling everyone about Kim's addictions, ON camera. Lisa R has not had a conversation with Yolanda about Kim but Brandi sure has, several times in fact according to both Yolanda and Brandi. I wonder if Yolanda is now seeing that it is Brandi that used Kim as a storyline this season and not Lisa R or Kyle.

• Love 7

The problem is that thanks to Brandi, Kim now has an incorrect idea of what is going on. She thinks that the other gals are talking about her and it pisses her off. She thinks they are out of line and it is none of their business. What she doesn't know is that Brandi has expressed - on camera - more "concern" about Kim than has anyone else. She doesn't know that it is some of Brandi's own words that has made the situation seem more urgent. If Brandi had so desired, she could have probably shut this shit down when she met with Lisar. She could have said, "hey, Kim has been going through a lot. She took a pill and has acknowledged she should not have. She said it was a mistake she regrets it.  I've never seen her anything do anything that would make me question her sobriety, so I think we should just cut her some slack here". She actually did say some of this, but she threw in ominous phrases about how no one really knows just how bad it is. About how overwhelming it is for Brandi because she isn't equipped but there is no one else around who cares. Ultimately Brandi is the one who was on board with some type of intervention and seemed to champion the idea that someone other than Brandi needed to approach Kim about her issues. She actually said that she couldn't be part of it, but that someone else should do it. This is what Lisar did, and yet Brandi is not taking any ownership in her part of the deal. She didn't tell Kim that she was the one who suggested that someone should talk to Kim. IMO it is Brandi that is being shady about what is going on here. 

Brandi Glanville cruelly with malice set up LisaR for a fall (wrong) and LisaR ran with the role of being the hero to save Kim (wrong).  And got her comeuppance from Kim, fighting on camera to show her sobriety after publicly illustrating a grave lapse (wrong). Three wrongs don't make a right any way you look at it...except by the producers of RHOBH. Bravos got to be grateful to these three providing this season's theme.

Edited by RealityTVSmack1
  • Love 2

I'm confused.  You've spent the last few posts slamming Kyle for not being supportive to Kim.  How is walking up to her to tell her she's acting like an asshole being supportive?  This is my entire issue with Kim.  Kyle can't do anything right because she doesn't know what she's going to get with Kim.  One minute Kim is telling her Kyle's her best friend and the next she's lobbing insults about how Kyle isn't supportive as she'd like her to be.  Kyle cannot win no matter what she does.  In one sentence you want them to confront her directly with inflammatory words and insults and in the next you're asking them to be genuine and heartfelt, how is calling someone an asshole genuine and heartfelt?

Kim can't handle it when someone asks her what the problem is, but she can handle someone calling her an asshole?  Lisa R tried to explain to her with compassion (and directly, I might add) what she was having issues with and Kim told her to shutup about it.

So explain to me what target these ladies are supposed to hit with her?  

I'm not trying to be difficult, I genuinely don't see how calling someone an asshole is genuine and heartfelt.  

I didn't say Kyle should I'm talking about the other women who feel so inclined to make such a to do about it all. If they aren't comfortable with XYZ and they felt it was necessary to address because it involves them not having to accept asshole behavior then go right ahead and address it just like they would address anyone else that's annoyed them or felt they needed to clear the air with like when Eileen sat Brandi down to point out that she didn't like what Brandi said about her house. I personally thought it was stupid but her reasoning was get it out there address it, decide how she wants to deal with whatever response she gets and move along. With Kim if it is about her being an asshole then again sit Kim down, your behavior was really odd, it made me uncomfortable and I didn't appreciate some of your rude behavior. It's out there and no matter how Kim responds at least it's handled in a no fuss no muss way. Instead everyone was hemming and hawing over it and the idea is that it's cloaked under this wide "concern" for Kim. Okay well if that's the idea then the approach should be a whole lot less messier that what's going on.

Actually I've edited this to add that yeah Kyle could also try that approach, no one actually suggested that people run up to Kim and call her an asshole but discuss whatever they don't like about her behavior. What cause the behavior shouldn't be the go to topic unless that particular conversation is done responsibly, respectfully and genuinely but if they just want to try and address the behavior just so it doesn't fester and they want to make it clear that they don't plan on being tolerant of inconsiderate and rude behavior moving forward then do just that. Leave the addiction out of it and see where Kim takes that information and how she decides to act moving forward. What makes her act that way is obviously not up for discussion with her but that doesn't mean that they can't still have the same kind of sit down with her that Eileen had with Brandi.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 2

All I could think of is Lisar must have mopped the floor with Brandi at the Reunion.  I don't think Lisar flipping the bird was directed at Yolanda-nice try Brandi.  Saying someone hasn't had a drink or has been sober for three years isn't necessarily an admission or an assertion that the person is an alcoholic.  Many people stop drinking for a variety of reasons pregnancy, drug interactions, weight concerns or religious reasons.  I think Lisar was really trying to bring attention to the fact that Harry's family had a history of alcohol drug abuse.  Harry has talked about his parents drug use:  http://www.usatoday.com/story/popcandy/2013/11/05/harry-hamlin/3444163/

So once again we have Brandi majorly sucking up to Yolanda and Kim.  I hope they see through her.  I also hope that Kim realizes her irresponsible behavior of taking a luggage cart on the moving sidewalk-I don't think it was truly an escalator-if it was she should be flogged.

All I could think of is Lisar must have mopped the floor with Brandi at the Reunion.  I don't think Lisar flipping the bird was directed at Yolanda-nice try Brandi.  Saying someone hasn't had a drink or has been sober for three years isn't necessarily an admission or an assertion that the person is an alcoholic.  Many people stop drinking for a variety of reasons pregnancy, drug interactions, weight concerns or religious reasons.  I think Lisar was really trying to bring attention to the fact that Harry's family had a history of alcohol drug abuse.  Harry has talked about his parents drug use:  http://www.usatoday.com/story/popcandy/2013/11/05/harry-hamlin/3444163/

So once again we have Brandi majorly sucking up to Yolanda and Kim.  I hope they see through her.  I also hope that Kim realizes her irresponsible behavior of taking a luggage cart on the moving sidewalk-I don't think it was truly an escalator-if it was she should be flogged.

• Love 5

They all took their luggage carts on it a and it was an escalator.

Edited by Higgins

Well, Yo gets on my nerves but I do thank her for the trifecta of diversion from the Intervention show.  First, the YOU Drink Your Milkshake event, taking us to Calgary and Steven Tyler (I think Steven takes good care of himself all things considered so kissing wouldn't give me the vapors), and then finally hauling us off to Amsterdam!

I guess we've got some more fighting to do but at least we're getting to travel -- hurrah -- and I applaud her for setting these things up and getting us out of town. 

It was SO nice to see Camille. When she got up to go, I wanted to reach through the screen and say, Please stay!  And go to Holland and just generally Come Back, Little Sheba. 

• Love 7

The cocaine comparison is a straw man argument because most obvious of all, cocaine is illegal in the US.  So modeling responsible US citizen behavior WRT cocaine would be to not indulge at all, because it is against the law.  Alcohol is not, however, and thank god because Prohibition was an unmitigated disaster.  I'm not going to touch on the health/mind effects of either drug because there are too many variables and, just as with the genetics discussion, I can't science, so I'm unable to give an educated, intelligent opinion.

Now this is just my own world view, but I think being exposed to both the successes and the failures is necessary for learning how to navigate a world full of risks and unknowns.  Shielding your kids from every “bad" thing is just going to leave them ill prepared for how to decide what is right and what is wrong, for themselves.  Lisa and Harry's kids may be at a higher risk, but it is ultimately up to them to decide how much that risk will determine their behavior.  That isn't something that Lisa can do *for* them by her own behavior nor can she prevent them from falling and making mistakes.  Seeing how their parents can both abstain (Harry) and drink with responsibility (Lisa) could be very important in helping them understand where they may eventually want to fall on that scale, ether out of necessity or preference. 

Nature vs. nurture is a very fascinating and complex concept.   Neither necessarily means that someone, who either is at risk by genetics or environment, is tainted and now doomed forever.  Life often offers us a host of opportunities to make a different choice. A friend of mine is an alcoholic and drug addict.  Dunno where he is right now because he was in an out of jail and rehab and now no one can find him.  He's a very, very intelligent person, too much so I think.  His paternal side is full of alcoholics and he convinced himself that this -- being an alcoholic -- was his destiny.  He couldn't escape it because it was in his genes.  He never learned that it wasn't all or nothing and I don't know if he will ever survive the destiny he created for himself by hyper focusing on the behaviors of his family members.  I would hate for my family's medical history to be used against me to judge the weighted choices I have made for my own life.

I'm the lone dissenter in my Steven Tyler love, it seems.  lol   Sure, yeah, so he's a walking VD, like most of the rockers of his era.  But I love the man and I'd be happy to get a kiss from him any day. 

• Love 17

Sword Queen -- You'll see above, the kissing Tyler wouldn't have me squirming either.  He's lasted this long by taking good care of himself.  Aerosmith -- I mean, really?  Respect!

If I were Kyle, I'd be looking to distance myself from the Brandi and Kim thing.  Folks are just tired of all the massive craziness and Kyle does have a choice. By all accounts, Mauricio's firm is doing well beyond imagination -- I saw he sold Channing Tatum and Mrs. their new house -- Kyle's got a chance now to fly on the show in the way she's always wanted to -- I'd be looking to distance myself from Neely O'Hara. 

Also continue to think that LisaR and Kyle are on the same page when it comes to making Kim squirm.  I don't think that Kyle is any kind of great actress but I do think that she's talented enough to do what she's been doing.  AND I don't blame her.   The Umanskys have probably made enough money at this point alone to be able to take care of Kim for the rest of her days, in addition to whatever Kim has secured for herself.  I can see them coming to some conclusions and deciding to start laying the groundwork.

Also, seems odd and like it doesn't make sense enough to be germaine but watching Bette Midler sing The Glory of Love always makes me feel better when one side of me starts arguing with the other about what the "right" course of action is.  Under normal circumstances it can be difficult to tell, which is why good manners and taking responsibility when things go radically south really really matter and highlight what a person is made of.   Kim is for the moment completely failing this test. Brandi is too.  LisaR having a glass of wine with her dinner is fine with me.  And I guess with her family too. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 2

In every airport I've been in around the world, it's clearly marked in both words and a diagram that carts are NOT allowed on escalators. And we've seen first-hand proof as to why that rule is in effect.

Bangkok,Koa Samoi, Inchon, Taiwan, Barcelona, Rome, Heathrow, Dublin, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Hartford,  Atlanta, Bangor - NEVER have I seen anyone so stupid as to put the trolley on an escalator!!!!! That's one of the reasons airports clearly indicate the locations of the elevators! Trust a bunch of entitled airheads to presume whatever they want, wherever they want it, is fine.  Stupid - and, as we have been told, you can't fix stupid.

• Love 13

Copacabana and CaughtOnTape, I'm in good company then!  To be honest, he kind of made my night.  I don't care about Babyface of Lance Bass, but give me some Aerosmith and I'll be a happy viewer. 

I enjoy it when the HWs have their (real) celebrity friends come their homes or to an event.  I'm not really into celebrity or Hollywood but it kind of gives me glimpses into their more relaxed, every day selves.  Well, as much as one can be relaxed and themselves while on camera, of course.  lol

• Love 5

The more I think about it, the more I see Kyle exhibiting all the signs of being a 'dry drunk' - someone who is not indulging in the drug of choice, but has all the other signs of addict-style behavior. I think I'm gonna go back and check my notes, but after spending several years in the SA industry and being exposed to just about every kind of addict there is, I have learned to trust my instincts. Maybe that's why I have always felt she and kim are two peas in a pod...

• Love 5

Brandi is so delusional in her blogs.  Talk about  having a revisionist view of history.  And doesn't Kim WATCH the damn show she's on?  If her brain's capacity for short term memories is shot, all hte more reason she should force herself to watch the episodes to get another POV of what the hell happened. BFF Brandi is the one who tossed her under the bus during convo w/ LisaR as we have all seen.  How does revisionist Kim justify her perception of reality with what has been shown to millions of people? I really hope the Brandi & Kim show is cancelled if there is another season of RHOB. 

Yolanda's constant bloviating about "My King/My Love" is nauseating.  We get it.  YOU love and worship him for the genius he tells you he is. I hope he reciprocates those same feelings. The rest of us? We. Don't. Care.  Shut up.

• Love 6

As usual, I just watch to see what everyone's up to and maybe get a few laughs and nice views. I don't like meanness, arguing, etc.

I'd never be on this show, but I definitely would never if I had children younger than 25. Even if somehow I could come off as pretty nice, I couldn't bring myself to be that involved. It's bad news bears.

• Love 3
With Kim if it is about her being an asshole then again sit Kim down, your behavior was really odd, it made me uncomfortable and I didn't appreciate some of your rude behavior. It's out there and no matter how Kim responds at least it's handled in a no fuss no muss way. Instead everyone was hemming and hawing over it and the idea is that it's cloaked under this wide "concern" for Kim. Okay well if that's the idea then the approach should be a whole lot less messier that what's going on.

Personally,  I would welcome these women calling Kim out on her actual behavior.  I think they are being kind in giving Kim the benefit of the doubt that it is her alcohol/drug addictions that are the cause of her nasty, narcissistic behavior.  I think Kim is just nasty and narcissistic, sober or not, so it would make me happy if LisaR told her that she was horrified by Kim's crazy and frightening behavior in the limo and she'd like an apology for Kim showing up high, lying to her about it when asked directly, and acting like an asshole in the car.  It would make me happy if LisaR had told Kim to STFU on the plane after Kim so rudely shut her down for apologizing (what?).  It would make me happy if Eileen told Kim she was extremely rude at her poker table and she wanted an apology for showing up high and being rude and disruptive at her party.  I would have loved it if they had all turned to Kim on that Paris balcony and told her she wasn't making any sense and they were afraid she was having some kind of psychotic episode and should go inside before she teetered off the balcony.  But no.

Instead, they give her the benefit of the doubt (poor Kim is an addict and knows not what she does) and they eggshell around her while going after each other instead.  When has anyone called Kim out for any of her behavior, except for Kyle doing so a few times and that's that?

Edited by izabella
  • Love 14

I just remembered Babyface was on the plane while Kim was going off on LisaR. I would have thought Yo would have stopped that right away.

I know Yo is sick. And that is why she is not writing a blog. However, part of me wonders if part of it is she really doesn't want to talk about Brandi and Kim's behavior.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3

Lets cool it with the sniping back and forth please. All of you have valid opinions. Lets also just drop the whole "Should LisaR be drinking at home?" angle, it's not productive, the horse has been beaten to death and it's starting to get personal and ugly. Move it along. Lots to talk about in this episode.

Can you believe that chocolate milkshake thing? Yo is a nut! 

• Love 12

Personally,  I would welcome these women calling Kim out on her actual behavior.  I think they are being kind in giving Kim the benefit of the doubt that it is her alcohol/drug addictions that are the cause of her nasty, narcissistic behavior.  I think Kim is just nasty and narcissistic, sober or not, so it would make me happy if LisaR told her that she was horrified by Kim's crazy and frightening behavior in the limo and she'd like an apology for Kim showing up high and acting like an asshole in the car.  It would make me happy if LisaR had told Kim to STFU on the plane after Kim so rudely shut her down for apologizing (what?).  It would make me happy if Eileen told Kim she was extremely rude at her poker table and she wanted an apology for showing up high and being rude and disruptive at her party.  I would have loved it if they all turned on Kim on that Paris balcony and told her she wasn't making any sense and they were afraid she was having some kind of psychotic episode and should go inside before she teetered off the balcony.  But no.

Instead, they give her the benefit of the doubt (poor Kim is an addict and knows not what she does) and they eggshell around her while going after each other instead.  When has anyone called Kim out for any of her behavior, except for Kyle doing so a few times and that's that?

I would rather be called on my behavior for what it is than people discuss it in length behind my back and then assigning it to something that offends me more than just telling me they think I'm an asshole.  It's like they've discussed it, come to a conclusion, have the script in their minds complete with how they feel Kim should respond, and all without just talking to Kim. I personally don't think any of these women should be having any conversation with Kim that go beyond acknowledging their discomfort with her behavior.  It's not calling out, it's addressing it for their own sakes which is fine but if it really is supposed to be about Kim's sake then I think they've gone about it terribly.

I also don't believe the only way to address Kim's behavior is by completely insulting her along the way. If that's what they want to do fine but then that's just fucked up. I think a basic, to the point sit down is what needed to happen from any of the housewives that felt they needed to say something about Kim's behavior. One on one, to the point, not all this handwringing (Eileen) or truthbombing (LisaR). It didn't need to reach such a level of intensity before they even had ONE direct conversation with Kim after Poker night.

As for the whole Poor Kim angle. I doubt that's a major thought running through their heads except maybe Yo and Brandi. Not for one minute.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 4