Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Talk

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

As for putting him in the freezer, I see nothing wrong with that. Don't we put whole fish and poultry carcasses, and animal parts in our freezer and icebox? Now she needed to seal that animal properly to prevent contamination, wrap him in saranwrap and shove it into several kitchen trashbags and seal them if that was all she had, but there is nothing wrong with that.

Anytime I put animal products in my freezer, it's in a sealed container/wrapping. It is absolutely gross that MJ placed her animal in the freezer in just a towel. At the very least, she could have placed Pablo in a bag and then wrap the bag in a towel. I would not eat at MJ's house...what she did was very odd. I mean...how hard would it have been for her to google the procedure for getting the dog stuffed?

Edited by trimthatfat

When bodies are frozen for storage, are they kept colder than your freezer at home would keep them?  Know what I mean?  That's one of the things I thought of when I saw this-- setting aside how totally disgusting and appalling it is to store your dead dog in your kitchen freezer, is a regular freezer the right equipment for freezing a dead body?  I guess it might be since you can store meat in there, but I just wondered. You know, your home freezer is on a cooling cycle, it gets warmer, it cools off again, and so on... 

And when we put whole fish and chicken in, it's because we are gonna eat 'em. I ain't eating no dead, hairy dog. Nor any food out of that box.

MJ was actually really into it. Seriously, I am going to ease up on her though. She loved her dogs-a lot.

• Love 1

When bodies are frozen for storage, are they kept colder than your freezer at home would keep them?  Know what I mean?

That's one of things that GG was asking her. That whole scene was weird because GG kept asking MJ these leading questions trying to get MJ to realize what a wackadoodle she is.

• Love 2

I would have no problem eating at her house.  It called sanitation. You clean up and disinfect after the fact.

MJ probably disinfected the freezer just like you would wash your hands with soap and water after taking a crap, or changing your baby's diaper, or change your tampon and getting some of it on a stray finger. You wash very very well and go back to the dinner table and eat a slice of pizza or fried chicken with your hands.

Don't ever go to a hospital for medical treatment ever. People have died on those beds, not to mention infections galore, blood and body waste. Plus your face and mouth are so very close to that very same pillow that the body laid on. ;-)

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 1

I'm tempted to go back and watch last season's reunion knowing what we know now. I am curious about the GG/Mike rapport during that episode. The incident would have happened last year, so before the reunion was taped, but she decided to keep it quiet during the reunion.

• Love 1

Asifa's dad seems like a complete tool. I was raised by a middle eastern man and he told me I can be anything in the world and DIDNT train me to cook and clean after men. At least Asifa's Taliban family seem to be OK with her living 'in sin'. I just wish they would showcase more Iranian men like my dad - they are definitely the majority. PS - I thought they were Zoroastrian and not Muslim... maybe I heard wrong

I didn't get warm and fuzzy feelings for Asifa's father either. His behavior bugged me, but it probably had more to do with his flailing arms and other awkward physical mannerisms than anything else. I did find him barking to cover up the Buddha sculpture rude.

I don't think Asifa ever said Zoroastrian but that was definitely the implication I got because I believe she said her father was Parsi, which apparently isn't the case if he's doing namaz and all. All I know is that her Persian ancestry seems a little suspect--perhaps it was in the more distant past? She says her mother is "Indian" but her father is "of Persian ancestry." My maternal grandmother's family are descended from Hindu Persians who fled the region hundreds of years ago but I don't go around telling people I'm part Persian. 

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 1

I love that the shahs give zero fucks and EAT ON TV while refusing to diet and passing fried food and lite "spritzers" with 90% alcohol. I'm so fond of this show.

The lie detector guy was so weird. I don't really understand why he refused another test...? Maybe it goes against polygraph dude ethics or he saw it as a jab at his skills, but it's not like this is an official investigation. Wouldn't he be like sure, pay me more money? I think part of the controversy about these tests is that people have so much anxiety the first time it's difficult to gauge the lie.

gwY8ro9.jpg

As far as taking the test again, that's not how that works. You can't keep taking it until you get a good score, like the SAT, because all that means is, you learned how to pass the test.  Gigi's only option is what she ended up doing, which is go to another polygraph expert.

Based on my own height and weight I would guess that Asa and MJ both weigh close to 200 lbs or more.

For that same reason, I'd say Asa was 180ish and MJ is closer to 200.  At my best I'm shaped like Asa with bigger arms(but super short) and I was 175. Asa's taller so that should compensate.

I just can't. 

Last night was so awful, scripted and fakeity fake fake fake that I had to turn it.

I really enjoyed the first season and it has been downhill since.

Oh and really? What is with MJ's hair? am I the only person who wants to brush that Amy Winehouse hot mess of a head?

I think I am liking Vida more than anyone else..and that is saying a lot.

Edited by autumnh
  • Love 3

Asifa's dad seems like a complete tool. I was raised by a middle eastern man and he told me I can be anything in the world and DIDNT train me to cook and clean after men. At least Asifa's Taliban family seem to be OK with her living 'in sin'. I just wish they would showcase more Iranian men like my dad - they are definitely the majority. PS - I thought they were Zoroastrian and not Muslim... maybe I heard wrong

I didn't get that from what Asifa said. She said the Middle Eastern tradition is to teach girls how to cook and clean, which...that's pretty damn universal so I don't know what she's talking about. In damn near every culture men act like they can't take care of themselves.

Asifa just seems like a lazy brat. I absolutely believe in a maid if you can afford one,  but the whole rooming with Gigi(regardless of how temporary) leads me to believe she can't afford it, so she should learn to do the basics.

• Love 1

When bodies are frozen for storage, are they kept colder than your freezer at home would keep them?  Know what I mean?  That's one of the things I thought of when I saw this-- setting aside how totally disgusting and appalling it is to store your dead dog in your kitchen freezer, is a regular freezer the right equipment for freezing a dead body?  I guess it might be since you can store meat in there, but I just wondered. You know, your home freezer is on a cooling cycle, it gets warmer, it cools off again, and so on...

I'm not certain, but I think home freezers cycling on and off is bad for it, as well as the defroster mummifying it.

At one time I worked for a vet's office, and we would store dead cats in a regular freezer and not a deep freezer. In the fridge part we kept meds and occasionally peoples' lunches. One of the secretaries put an ice cream cake in there with the dead cats and served it later that day. Other people were cool with eating it, but I wasn't. Granted since we were a vet office the animals were stored properly (in plastic) but it was still a turn off to eat anything that had been sitting on a frozen corpse.

• Love 4

Didn't the footage close to confirm what GG said? I know they didn't show them in his room, but still.

That guy asked horrible questions for the polygraph. What a hack. He asked two different questions and was like "wtf why didn't you answer the same?" Plus, why was he so pissy? She is a paying customer, why didn't he let her do it again? So weird. Is that Jessica's uncle or something? Jk

• Love 1

The editing of the lie detector test seemed really choppy to me.  One minute the guy was calm asking questions and talking to her and the next he was all pissed off.  I think the editing made him look worse than he really was.  And it looked to me he was over GG's whining and looks of disbelief when he was explaining what inconclusive meant.  Which was weird to me she didn't know what it meant.  Does she not watch crime shows?

• Love 1

The thing is with this particular group of people is that they are all very self absorbed, pushy with a sense of entitlement, demanding and wanting special treatment. That can rub a lot of people the wrong way. The lie detector test footage was choppy. My first thought is what didn't we see that pissed the old guy off. I'm sure we didn't see all of the questions he asked. He may have asked each of the 20/35, 15/35 questions and others several times each. We just didn't see.

IMO Gigi lied. From age 20/35 she has never lied to serve herself but she has from 15/35? Please.

The old guy gave the correct result. Inconclusive. "Miss. Daddy Pays My Bills" didn't get the answer she wanted and probably went "doctor shopping" elsewhere till she got a "yes man". Like a little kid playing a game she'll want a "do over" till she gets what she wants and "wins".

• Love 1

Sometimes when I read the comments here I get uncomfortable, because just because someone isn't a perfect victim, doesn't mean that they can't be a victim of assault.  

Mike was with Jessica when he hit on GG, and I liked how they showed Mike, clearly touching GG's thong.  What a pig.  He and Jessica deserve each other.   She's a little too thrilled with marrying Mike, in fact, I have a feeling that Jessica wants a wedding more than anything, but probably doesn't want a marriage.  

• Love 5

There is something seriously mentally wrong with MJ, right?  

Something wrong with all of them...Shervin might be ok. It may be we haven't seen his brand of crazy yet he still hasn't let his freak flag fly.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 2

Sometimes when I read the comments here I get uncomfortable, because just because someone isn't a perfect victim, doesn't mean that they can't be a victim of assault.  

Mike was with Jessica when he hit on GG, and I liked how they showed Mike, clearly touching GG's thong.  What a pig.  He and Jessica deserve each other.   She's a little too thrilled with marrying Mike, in fact, I have a feeling that Jessica wants a wedding more than anything, but probably doesn't want a marriage.  

I don't believe Gigi is a victim, I believe she and mike were both drunk, both flirting, both making innuendos, both touching. Mike started to take it to the next level and she said no and he stopped.  Now over a year later Gigi is pissed that she let it even get that far, that Mike thought he could go that far, that Mike is getting married and she can't hang on to a guy, so she's telling her tale.

Mike is a pig for going after Gigi while with Jessica. Gigi is a pig for sitting on Mikes lap flirting and allowing him to touch her like that when she knows he's spoken for. Shame on them both. They are both guilty to the same degree in my eyes.

• Love 14

Fuckin' MJ. Is nothing sacred? Using her fat little dog's corpse as a sight gag or to be a clip on The Soup was sooo wrong. Pablo and Julio are probably the only real friends she had/has. I think this every time I watch this show, but these people are terrible. 

The more this storyline fleshes out, the more confused I am to what GG expectations were for blurting this out. Okay, so Mike hit on you and you immediately shut him down and he left you alone? Is that the extent of this or am I missing something totally insiduous here? GG has stated Mike didn't try to force anything and her gripe is Jessica's well being. She doesn't give a shit about Jessica. If she was so bothered, she would've called Jessica and said "Hey, your boyfriend's a dog FYI, this is what happened" and done it off camera to minimize Jessica's humiliation/pain at the revelation. GG, we see you girl. People that are genuinely afraid/angry/having conflict don't choose to socialize with their aggressor for an entire year for non work related events, like GG did. 

• Love 5

Mike is a pig for going after Gigi while with Jessica. Gigi is a pig for sitting on Mikes lap flirting and allowing him to touch her like that when she knows he's spoken for. Shame on them both. They are both guilty to the same degree in my eyes.

Couldn't have said it better.  I think both were inappropriate.  I just don't know what GG is upset about.  That it happened?  That he made a pass while with Jessica?  That he stopped?  What?  This thing is so blown up.  Its a Seinfeld episode about nothing.

• Love 4

Asa reconnects with her roots and plans a performance art piece with a flash-mob theme. Meanwhile, GG takes a second polygraph with unexpected results; and Mike organizes a peace summit with Reza, Asa and MJ over dinner, but a tirade derails his plans.

Unless Mike tried to rape her, I don't get why she's so upset anyway. He was drunk, she was drunk. I doubt she cares that much about Mike's fiancée that she feels obligated to tell her he tried to cheat on her, if that were the case she would have said something a year ago. Maybe she's upset because she has a thing for Mike? He made a pass at her.. it wasn't acted on, he went back to his GF and GG feels scorned? I do think there was some touchy, grabby going on. I just can't figure out why she's hell bent on making it appear sinister and why he won't even admit he might have made an awkward drunken pass.

See this is where they are letting it get too cloudy. I think Mike of course doesn't want to admit that he even tried but to be honest I think him pausing to think was a very real moment so I dont' get Reza's whole really why is it taking him 10 hours... And for Mike to admit that he really doesn't know if he did or didn't shows that he's at least trying to honest and realistic. I think his whole absolutely not stance is because he thinks he's being accused of trying to FORCE himself on her. I mean Gigi has said more than once that she's not trying to claim he sexual assaulted her but at the same time she's trying to imply that he did something that was more than just offensive to her. I mean I get not being happy, feeling disrespected but then say that. Address Mike on that. Sharing it with the group and acting so "affected" by it around everyone else gives the impression that she's accusing him of something more than what her actual words are saying. To me that's where the disconnect lies with regards to whether or not Mike is being accountable or honest or whatever and how the friends are reacting to him and to Gigi. I wish someone would say hold up. What are we talking about here.

"Mike do you think she's accusing you of attacking her and we are actually entertaining that idea? Because she is saying you made a pass and that is what we are entertaining, Not that we are entertaining the idea that you would be capable of sexually assaulting Gigi." Even Gigi isn't "technically" claiming that however her presentation of events are dramatizing the situation. What's really bugging me is that she's not acknowledging that she's has set a certain WRONG message in motion amongst the group and now she's feeding the idea more because she wants them to believe her initial point without stomping out the real elephant that's in the room.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 1

Mike being a pig doesn't automatically make Gigi a victim of assault. In her own words she says he stopped when she asked him to. So I'm confused as to where Mike is the attacker and Gigi is the victim. I mean I get the whole a persons feelings are all valid and nothing changes how the person FEELS victimized but just because Gigi wasn't happy that Mike tried to go there doesn't mean that Mike has to wear this label. I can get on board with sympathizing with how Gigi feels about it by comforting or validating her feelings but Gigi's emotional reaction to what happened doesn't mean that Mike is guilty of assault.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 2

Gigi wants Mike to admit he made a pass at her while he had a girlfriend and then apologize for it. She feels creeped out and disrespected. We all know how drama queens act when they feel disrespected. I don't think she feels victimized nor did she ever say she felt like a victim.

IMO Gigi lied. From age 20/35 she has never lied to serve herself but she has from 15/35? Please.

The old guy gave the correct result. Inconclusive. "Miss. Daddy Pays My Bills" didn't get the answer she wanted and probably went "doctor shopping" elsewhere till she got a "yes man". Like a little kid playing a game she'll want a "do over" till she gets what she wants and "wins".

Except as noted in this thread it wasn't just the ages that were different, the first question asked if she had ever lied to benefit herself at the expense of others, the second question only asked have you ever lied to benefit yourself which is a very different question. Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1

Go away Mike and take that nasty Jessica with you.

I agree with you completely. Jessica is a nasty, nasty woman. I'm a nurse, and it bothers me that she is in the same profession as me.

Mike and Jessica deserve each other.

Edited by Tallulahbaby
  • Love 1

Damn, get it Asa. She was freaking giving Jessica the business. I gotta hand it to her, at least she's interested in political issues and what's going on in the world. More than you can say for the rest of them.

Usually in these fights, you can kind of see both sides and why they are fighting. Nope. Jessica has no leg to stand on here. Agree with Asa again that Jessica is upset because she thinks GG is telling the truth. Good for all them telling Mike that they believe GG.

Jessica needs to use her dad's Fiji water money to buy herself a clue. You settled for the wrong guy, girlfriend.

• Love 19

I wish Asa, MJ, and Reza had remembered that they listened to GG, agreed to keep her confidence, and told her hash this out with Mike in private. Not one of them wanted this be the public mess it turned out to be. And they all admonished GG for bringing it up the way she did. As far as I'm concerned, they had Mike's back as much as they could when it is two friends against each other. The Fiji Water princess has never liked these folks and now that she's getting wifed up she's really trying to separate Mike from the Shahs.

• Love 11

Jessica's voice chafes my ears. And her face is starting to chafe my eyes.  Those last 5 minutes of the episode were so embarrassing, thank goodness for her she's wifed up because I assume that most bachelors who saw Jessica's behavior would be like NOPE!

• Love 5

Kudos to Asa for keeping her cool while that silly little girl screamed in her face. I love that they all got up and left the two lovebirds at the table. I wish MJ would've gotten up too.

• Love 3

I can't take Asa and her art, political propaganda or anything else seriously with all these juxtaposed clips of her ridiculous talking head outfits. Bedazzled black turban with tacky dangling costume earrings? Priceless. At least I can always count on Asa for a laugh. I loved how the scene of her walking down Hollywood & Highland ended with a cut to a woman in hijab (not for the demonstration) whose eyes seemed to be saying, "Get the fuck outta here!"

Bollywood Styles? That was some ratchet store Asifa brought GG to. The clothes were gaudy and cheap as hell and the proprietor seemed to be a Latin woman (I'm pretty adept at spotting other Indians). I wonder if they ended up there because all the authentic sari boutiques in Little India all decided they wanted nothing to do with the likes of this show.

Jessica is such a vile person; she's never liked Mike's friends from Day 1 but now that she has the ring on her finger she's no longer afraid to speak out. She was chomping at the bit and couldn't even wait five minutes into that dinner to reveal just how much she despises the lot of them. If there's anyone she should lash out at, it would be Mike...but I suppose in her mind she's put in far to much work to jeopardize her engagement. I don't believe for a second that she did not call Reza evil. Mike looked like he wanted to defend himself but new better because Jessica would have ripped him a new one if he contradicted her.

Both Asa and Jessica claim not to like conflict and fighting, but the difference is Asa actually seems to mean it because she disengaged gracefully after wishing them the best. Jessica needs to take a page from her book.

Mike and Jessica can now ride off into the sunset, never to be seen on television again. Exit stage left. 

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 9

So it would appear Jessica has one of Mike's balls already in her purse and is going for the remaining one.

He's actually known all of the Shahs longer than he's known Jessica herself.  

And the GG mess isn't what caused Mike to distance himself from the crew.

As shown in the flashback, Reza had barely seen Mike since/over summer.

I did like the way Reza slipped in the comment about how Mike did nothing in the office when he was working with Reza.  I remembered that as well.  Then we had Mike bitching that Reza expected him to actually (gasp!) find his own leads and do his own thing since he was such a self-proclaimed real estate whiz in Vegas.

I think Jessica has been out to separate Mike from his buddies the Shahs for quite some time now.  She's just bolder about it now with the ring on her finger.

And at least one of Mike's balls in her purse.

• Love 7

Mike needs to tread lightly and reel Miss Jessica in.  If he doesn't play nice with the rest of the cast he's gonna wind up alienating himself, not filming with the rest of the "crew", becoming a disjointed storyline and be bounced right off the show.  Shervin, anyone?  Mikey, you reading these boards?

I officially hate Jessica.  Really cannot stand her face or personality.

I haven't felt that much second hand embarrassment in a really long time as I did watching Asa's skit.

Yeah, I FF'd through that entire thing.  Couldn't bear to watch it.  I feel your second-hand embarrassment pain.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 2

I haven't felt that much second hand embarrassment in a really long time as I did watching Asa's skit.

I know.  But I tried my hardest to understand.  Like in a "I'm listening, I'm open, help me understand, okay,"  I did this watching the Bruce Jenner interview.  That's the beauty of a message board like this.  I'm listening to what I am reading.  Honestly. 

Then comes Asa's "Skinny people complain too much, they really do."   FAT PEOPLE DO TOO! Fucking find me a bathing suit that ...nevermind, let me keep reading.

Jessica's voice chafes my ears. And her face is starting to chafe my eyes.  Those last 5 minutes of the episode were so embarrassing, thank goodness for her she's wifed up because I assume that most bachelors who saw Jessica's behavior would be like NOPE!

Something about Jessica makes me feel uncomfortable.  I'll just see how this unfolds ......

Did whatshername say Kelp or Yelp in bed with her boyfriend?  WTF?  If it's yelp, I want to know which restaurant she has been to so I don't get crabs.  Kelp - good luck whatsyourname.   I guess it's even.

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 1

Did I hear Asa correctly when she said she wears the veil sometimes when she goes out because it's "sexy" and goes with her outfit?  That's a choice, but it's a fashion choice, not a religious or traditional choice.  It seemed like the women who were watching while wearing hijab didn't appreciate Asa's performance.

I'm definitely NOT on the Mike/Jessica train, but I couldn't roll my eyes hard enough when GG got the guy from Lie Detectors R Us to come to her house for another test.  I noticed at dinner that MJ said GG took two tests and passed them, she didn't mention she only passed one of them.

Did whatshername say Kelp or Yelp in bed with her boyfriend?  WTF?  If it's yelp, I want to know which restaurant she has been to so I don't get crabs.  Kelp - good luck whatsyourname.   I guess it's even.

She said kelp.  She's not super bright, God love her.

• Love 2