Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E14: Hello Mr. Chocolate

• Start Topic

However . . . next week we're going to see Phaedra possibly attempt to initiate physical contact against Kenya. Does that automatically suggest she's violent with her children, as well?

Phaedra possibly attempt to initiate  physical contact against Kenya suggest to me Kenya has a big mouth, no filter and has a way of pissing people off.

I've see more talk about violence by Kenya than by anyone else. Porsha did not get excited and charge Kenya until Kenya brought up this "someone" said you were cheating, the same thing she said to Phaedra,that seem to set her off.  This has absolutely nothing to do with Apolllo's action in this particular segment. And IMO anyone who would seemingly use this to discredit Phaedra is plain wrong. 

• Love 7

Both Kenya and Claudia think people they offend are still obligated to talk to them and be cordial. Where they do that at? No one is obligated to speak to you! 

Calling the cops on someone who is late turning themselves in could make a manageable skirmish a major crisis. Cops never de-escalate they almost always exacerbate tense situations. If this were staged then Phaedra has all she needs to divorce his ass and walk away without losing any $$. If this were staged Phaedra is a genius. We've got 2 scenes thus far of Apollo being menacing, we have him admitting to lying about Kenya, hence delusional. Also his assault of Brandon demonstrating a violent temperament. Telling Peter Phaedra has a lover will also work in her favor if she can prove he faked the texts. Hopefully Phaedra is giving very nice Christmas gifts to the Bravo producers for making her divorce easy.

Let me be clear Bravo, if I have to listen to Kenya Moore's tired, boring ass for another week without the balance of Ms. Leakes or another peach I will not watch. Kenya, Cynthia nor Claudia will keep me watching PERIOD.

Edited by ThomasAAnderson
  • Love 11

The situations aren't identical.  Kenya was being appropriate with Phaedra's husband which is why Phaedra had so much to say about her.  A situation between Apollo, Phaedra and "Mr. Chocolate" has absolutely nothing to do with Kenya and it has not been proven that a "Mr. Chocolate" even exists.

It was never proven that Kenya begged Apollo for sex a hotel in Los Angeles either, but that was the primary point of contention raised by Phaedra in her "Moore whore" campaign.

Phaedra possibly attempt to initiate  physical contact against Kenya suggest to me Kenya has a big mouth, no filter and has a way of pissing people off.

I've see more talk about violence by Kenya than by anyone else. Porsha did not get excited and charge Kenya until Kenya brought up this "someone" said you were cheating, the same thing she said to Phaedra,that seem to set her off.  This has absolutely nothing to do with Apolllo's action in this particular segment. And IMO anyone who would seemingly use this to discredit Phaedra is plain wrong. 

I don't see how women-on-women assaults are more legitimate or copacetic than man-on-woman battery because one of those women has a "big mouth" on a franchise that's premised in large part upon verbal confrontations and narrative conflict. The physical engagement against Kenya doesn't automatically "discredit Phaedra"; it just illustrates that people who participate in violence within certain situations are not compulsorily violent in all contexts with respect to all individuals.

• Love 6

At this point Kenya is doing and saying these things for the exact reaction it looks like Phaedra gives her.

But I would like to know, where in the texts it became apparent "mr." Chocolate was African.

Edited by Watermelon
  • Love 2

As a pet owner, I have a dog and two cats... I'm sorry, but if they lick me it's not a turn-on. I am hoping Claudia was just kidding about that, otherwise I would worry.

When Claudia made that comment about her cat it made me feel some kind of way just like the way Lisa Vanderpump calls Giggy sex monster.  It's gross!

If Phaedra wanted a restraining order, all she had to do was show footage from the show - Apollo's volatile behavior, his admission to Peter that he did talk about "love crimes" when he suspected Phaedra of cheating on him

Phaedra didn't have access to footage from the show that day.  She wasn't even aware of Apollo's conversation with Peter about "love crimes" because they don't see the footage until after all editing is done just like us.  They may see it a week or so before we do but they don't see it the same day it's filmed.  By the time the show aired and Phaedra did see it Apollo was already in Jail in Kentucky so no restraining order needed at that point.  She could maybe use it after he's released though, but I'm not sure.  Is there a statute of limitations on restraining orders?

Oops!  Had I read further before commenting I would have seen that WireWrap already made this point, so...[Emily Litella voice] "Nevermind" [/Emily Litella voice]

Edited by swankie

Since we're going to our bosses about personal problems perhaps Porsha should express concern over her future earning potential if a certain high-strung asshole keeps saying she's having an affair. Unless you've been under the bed or in the closet you don't know. Two people seen around together (unless their making out) doesn't even indicate an affair. Kenya and Claudia shouldn't get a hand wave after labeling Porsha with no proof. Having it on good authority is not being witness to. Its time for Claudia and Kenya to be checked.

• Love 9

My favorite part is when Apollo came out with the drill and that garage man booked it out of there so fast.  "No amount of money will let me take a drill to the heart - see ya ladies."

And Paedra's friend, assistant, whoever she was...girl, I wouldn't take one for the team.  I would have run into the house and locked the bathroom door and call 911 for my safety.  Especially, when his car backed up....

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 2

All this woulda, coulda, shoulda in this thread...ugh. It's disheartening. Until you've actually been in a situation, you will never know how you'd react.

And to the poster who sent her apologies for what I'd been through (I'm sorry I'm on my phone), I'm sorry you had to go through what you did as well. I am glad that God handled him for you in the end. Much love, girl!

• Love 7

At this point Kenya is doing and saying these things for the exact reaction it looks like Phaedra gives her.

But I would like to know, where in the texts it became apparent "mr." Chocolate was African.

Apollo told Peter that Phaedra said he was "African"  and Peter told Cynthia, who told.........

Since we're going to our bosses about personal problems perhaps Porsha should express concern over her future earning potential if a certain high-strung asshole keeps saying she's having an affair. Unless you've been under the bed or in the closet you don't know. Two people seen around together (unless their making out) doesn't even indicate an affair. Kenya and Claudia shouldn't get a hand wave after labeling Porsha with no proof. Having it on good authority is not being witness to. Its time for Claudia and Kenya to be checked.

If Porsha was out and about in public with some married man, from African or the moon, there would be tabloid pictures or viewer cell phone pictures by now. Yet , there is not 1 picture of them anywhere to be found. He is as real as Kenya's "African Prince", who was never photographed either, was. Kenya starts with the rumor that Porsha cheated during her marriage at the reunion and that info came from someone that knew someone that knew someone as well. Kenya and Claudia love to spread rumors.

• Love 5

On another note, Todd got Kandi a part in a Hollywood film. He was her "come-up," you ask me.

And what has happened to poor little Porscha, spoiled scion of a civil rights leader, who needed to be rescued from her gilded cage?

Who is this brash, no, vulgar, woman in the dresses cut down to the navel and just below her crotch no matter the occasion? Talking about her "titties"? Wasn't she a church-going husband-pleasing stepmom a few short months ago? My head is spinning!

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 17
Phaedra, stop acting; if Apollo punched holes in the wall, why didn't the camera show them? If he said he was going to burn down the house, why didn't we hear that? I'm not going to believe Phaedra just because she has a vagina.

She didn't say Apollo punched holes in the wall. She said that Apollo told her, over the phone -- while she was staying in a hotel with their sons -- that he had punched holes in the wall. And just because you don't hear something said doesn't mean it wasn't said. These people don't live every minute of every day on camera. You also didn't hear any of the conversation about text messages Apollo claims took place. By the way, I love Apollo's rock-solid proof that Phaedra sent those text messages. ("How do you know it's real? That's her picture!") Funny, just yesterday on Dr. Phil they were talking about the app that can fake text messages. Apollo seems pretty desperate to make Phaedra look as bad as possible before he goes away for his own bad behavior. Nice to see he's so concerned about his sons' well-being that he doesn't hesitate to publicly threaten and demean their mother.

Apollo told Peter that Phaedra said he was "African" and Peter told Cynthia, who told.........

I loved how Apollo simply told Peter that he went through Phaedra's phone. When Peter told Cynthia about it, though, he added a whole scenario of, "Apollo was in the bedroom and Phaedra's phone rang, and something told him he should answer it... and then look through it..." It was like Apollo handed Peter a Hostess Snowball and, after Peter was done with it, it was Tricia Nixon's wedding cake.

Phaedra is so fake and a cold ass bitch. It does sound like she's going to take everything away from Apollo. Do I feel sorry for him, hell no. He's tripping on something alright at the end.

What does he have, exactly, that Phaedra didn't give him? Including his children? He chose the behavior that led to his incarceration. He should take the consequences like a man instead of running around like a lunatic, blaming everyone else, and trying his best to take down the mother of the sons he claims to love so much, all evidence to the contrary.

• Love 19

Apollo is the poster child for "It's all about me!! Me, Dammit!!! You hear me?? MEEEEEE!" and will never take responsibility for anything. Phaedra is better off without him. I hope she finds someone who will treat her with respect, has his own business/money, and will be a good stepdad to her children. Those kids can go either way when they grow up, it's these years now that will impact how they lead their lives as young men.

• Love 9

My thoughts on this episode:

Claudia, girl bye with that mess! WAH, this is so hard! BOO HOO, I wasn't expecting it to be like this! WAH, blah, blah, mean girls! SOB, I tried to rise above it all, blah, fishcakes, blah! All the while doing that Katherine Kelly Lang/Brooke Logan (Bold and the Beautiful) one tear method of cry acting! She knew what she was getting into when she signed on to do this show and she most certainly didn't try to "rise above" anything. She got right down in the mud with the rest of the ladies that she claims she is so much better than. Her BFF Kenya aimed her in the direction of Porscha and NeNe and she ran with it.

Kandi, TMI about her sex life with Todd. Maybe Todd doesn't want to have sex with you because he keeps seeing Mama Joyce sitting over in the corner of the bedroom like some type of kracken!

Peter/Cynthia - NeNe called it last season. Andy may as well give bitch-ass Peter his peach and put him in the opening credits. He was practically salivating when he was relaying the Mr. Chocolate tale to Cynthia, and he had this twinkle in his eye.... just WOW! He truly gets off on being a gossipy bitch! I don't think he got that excited when he came home and found Cynthia spread eagle on that chair with the sexy lingerie from last season! 

Kenya - Twirl on girl. How delusional are you to think that D. Woods, who is at least a good 10 - 15 years younger than you, could play your OLDER sister in your never to be made or seen TV pilot. And Cynthia's audition...no words! Stick to modeling sweetie.

Appollo/Phaedra - what can I say that hasn't already been said. Appollo's behavior was appalling to say the least and I think Phaedra handled it beautifully!

• Love 7

I completely believe Apollo was given the heads up about her changing the locks.  He showed up at the house acting all crazy and immediately handed her the garage door opener. 

I completely believe that Phaedra did NOT know he was coming. 

I don't think he meant any harm with the drill - like someone else said, he was likely planning to takes off the stuff that he put on and then his mind shifted and he went out to Phaedra with it in hand. 

He kind of did charge her, although I don't think he meant to but it was probably scary and she said "don't come near me with that" and he immediately put it down. He got close to her because he wanted to whisper to her but when someone is acting all crazy and they try to get that close to you it would send up alarms in your head. And it probably freaked Phaedra out.

And she's a lawyer, she knows how to deflect the crazy and not get worked up talking to crazy people.  

• Love 6

With regards to Claudia, she didn't bring up the Porsha thing with Ricky Smiley; he asked. I thought her response to him was very professional and diplomatic. It's one else of those things that when your boss/supervisor mentions the obvious tension, it doesn't make sense to lie about it. Porsha is so immature that she cant see her, "I don't need to be nice to you, we only see each other in passing" stance is the wrong one to go with when you get called into boss' office.

Also, where is their hr department. Ricky sounded really gross talking about their thickness or whatever. Not funny, cute, or appropriate.

Exactly! Claudia didn't bring it up. I don't understand why so many are  so quick to jump Claudia's shit. And who is Ricky Smiley anyway? Is he some big Atlanta morning show hot shot or something because he really came off as some unprofessional douchebag last night.

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 4

Apollo beat and cracked the rib of Brandon on camera.  You think a tiny woman wouldn't be fearful of what he could do to her and her children? 

He disrespected his wife on camera and beat a man so severely that his ribs were cracked.  Who knows what Apollo was capable of knowing he was about to go to prison for year.  Just because the cameras were there doesn't mean he wouldn't have done something violent.

The two situations aren't even comparable.  And no I do not think Apollo had any intention of going up to Phaedra and assaulting her moments before going off to jail, in full view and arms reach of producers, cameramen, Comcast workers, locksmiths, Garage Dude and Bun! To do what, add 10 years to his (ultimately) 5 years sentence? Nope, I don't buy it.

Whether Apollo's visit was pre-planned or not, there was no way that he was going to hurt her on-camera or even off-camera while the production crew would be getting ready to leave for the day. If Bravo really felt one of their stars was in danger, production would have called the cops, with or with Phaedra's consent of knowledge. Bravo would not allow themselves to be at risk for a lawsuit by not intervening if seriously attacked her. So Phaedra knew she was pretty much safe in their presence and just wanted Apollo gone.

This.

Let me be clear Bravo, if I have to listen to Kenya Moore's tired, boring ass for another week without the balance of Ms. Leakes or another peach I will not watch. Kenya, Cynthia nor Claudia will keep me watching PERIOD.

No worries, Bravo! As long as you keep that braying edgeless donkey on WWHL with Andy and off RHOA, I've got you covered. I'd rather follow Kenya, Cynthia and Claudia around; the three evil stepsisters suck the enjoyment right out of the show IMO.

If Porsha was out and about in public with some married man, from African or the moon, there would be tabloid pictures or viewer cell phone pictures by now. Yet , there is not 1 picture of them anywhere to be found. He is as real as Kenya's "African Prince", who was never photographed either, was.

Kenya starts with the rumor that Porsha cheated during her marriage at the reunion and that info came from someone that knew someone that knew someone as well. Kenya and Claudia love to spread rumors.

Somebody had better tell Ms. Leakes that... she's doing as much as she can to keep that fire going and flat out saying the same thing, except approvingly. And just because nobody has seen her with a dude - African or not - she's clearly clocking Vagina Car & Purse miles. Porsha herself is very happy to Instagram photos of those generous gifts as she calls them. 

And they all spread rumors. Moore Whore, CordellsBeard and ClitLess didn't come from Kenya and Claudia. 

• Love 8

I'd rather follow Kenya, Cynthia and Claudia around

What are they gonna talk about if the people with actual lives leave. Week after week of  Will Claudia's toes ever be fixed? Will Kenya's piano file a sexual harassment suit after her twerking on it one too many times? Will Cynthia get a clue?

Give me a break..

Edited by ThomasAAnderson
  • Love 11

Also, I don't condone violence at all and have never been in a physical fight, but I wanted to jump through the TV and punch Kenya in the face with her Mr. Chocolate accusations. Why are these stupid cows taking Peter and Apollo's word about this rumor? 

I might take his word- or at least pretend to- because it's a neat little reflection of the rumors about Kenya/Apollo texting each other.  It's almost too perfect to pass up.  Like it was scripted or something.  

Her BFF Kenya aimed [Claudia] in the direction of Porscha and NeNe and she ran with it.

I may be in a mood, but I think that was production as much as it was Kenya.  And frankly, wherever it's come from I think both Porsha and Nene needed it. 

Nene's bringing nothing, imho, not even enough for a solo spinoff about her fabulous acting career.  Porsha...was almost sympathetic to me the other night because Claudia was inflating the absurd.  Even without the sympathy, it gives Porsha a little (non-violent) drama to participate in, though it ultimately didn't save her for some reason.  Sure there's editing at play, but I can't imagine they left reels of entertaining footage of these two on the cutting room floor.  At least not of Nene, anyway.

The rest of the episode- whatever.  Faked entirely, simply amplified, or totally real, I bought the tension in the Apollo/garage scenes.  The quick demise of Kandi's marriage...is she really all that bothered by it?  I do appreciate that it's got nothing to do with Mama Joyce, though.  

I skipped through Kenya's stuff.  I like her, it's just not compelling tv for me.

The two situations aren't even comparable.  And no I do not think Apollo had any intention of going up to Phaedra and assaulting her moments before going off to jail, in full view and arms reach of producers, cameramen, Comcast workers, locksmiths, Garage Dude and Bun! To do what, add 10 years to his (ultimately) 5 years sentence? Nope, I don't buy it.

None of us can speak to the operation of Apollo's mind and we aren't hypothetical psychics.  The reason I brought up Apollo's assault of Brandon is because it shows his propensity for unprovoked violence.  It's interesting you think the cameras would keep Apollo in check when he already cracked a rib and admitted to threatening to kill his wife on camera.  He also coerced her to embrace him this season by threatening to embarrass her on camera.  Thankfully, Apollo didn't hurt Phaedra, but I don't think it's far-fetched for people to think it was a possibility based on his past behavior and increasingly erratic behavior leading up to his prison term. 

• Love 9

If Phaedra wanted a restraining order, all she had to do was show footage from the show - Apollo's volatile behavior, his admission to Peter that he did talk about "love crimes" when he suspected Phaedra of cheating on him, and I think the mother as a witness to his threat of burning down the house. Plus, his criminal past, and his current status as prisoner-in-waiting. But of course she didn't want a protective order, because this was all for show.

I'm really struggling to wrap my mind around your posts.

So, forgive me, no snark intended, but why the fresh hell would Phaedra agree to a fuck-and-awe show like this with Apollo, the man whose sentencing hearing she skipped?  The man she's allegedly either is already filing for divorce or is preparing to file for divorce?

That makes no sense to me at all.  

I can see where you're totally convinced everything is 100% fake and that's cool, we're all entitled to our opinions, but I just don't get your logic here.

Forgive me if this sounds snarky, it's totally not intended that way, I just can't wrap own addled mind around your logic in this insistence it's all fake, as if you know it to be fake for a fact.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 9

This.

No worries, Bravo! As long as you keep that braying edgeless donkey on WWHL with Andy and off RHOA, I've got you covered. I'd rather follow Kenya, Cynthia and Claudia around; the three evil stepsisters suck the enjoyment right out of the show IMO.

Somebody had better tell Ms. Leakes that... she's doing as much as she can to keep that fire going and flat out saying the same thing, except approvingly. And just because nobody has seen her with a dude - African or not - she's clearly clocking Vagina Car & Purse miles. Porsha herself is very happy to Instagram photos of those generous gifts as she calls them. 

And they all spread rumors. Moore Whore, CordellsBeard and ClitLess didn't come from Kenya and Claudia. 

Actually "Cordellsbeard" did come from Kenya! Porsha just questioned why he did not want to sleep with her, much like Kenya did  Walter, except Porsha did not come right out and accuse Kordell of being gay like Kenya did Walter.

But Yes, Nene has been adding to that fire although she has said flat out that she has never seen Porsha with a married man nor has she heard rumors other than from Kenya and Claudia.

• Love 3

What are they gonna talk about if the people with actual lives leave. Week after week of Will Claudia's toes ever be fixed? Will Kenya's piano file a sexual harassment suit after her twerking on it one too many times? Will Cynthia get a clue?

Give me a break..

Lmao! Seriously. Those three are the lamest, most boring people on this show for me. Kenya's the worst and Cynthia is right behind her. I could deal with Claudia if she wasn't stuck to Kenya. I don't even mind her when she's crying about Porsha. At least I can love to hate her for stuff like that.

Phaedra's drama is carrying the show right now with the Kandi and Todd divorce watch coming in second.

Get your shit together Bravo! It's not fun anymore.

• Love 5

I'm really struggling to wrap my mind around your posts.

So, forgive me, no snark intended, but why the fresh hell would Phaedra agree to a fuck-and-awe show like this with Apollo, the man whose sentencing hearing she skipped?  The man she's allegedly either is already filing for divorce or is preparing to file for divorce?

That makes no sense to me at all.  

I can see where you're totally convinced everything is 100% fake and that's cool, we're all entitled to our opinions, but I just don't get your logic here.

Forgive me if this sounds snarky, it's totally not intended that way, I just can't wrap own addled mind around your logic in this insistence it's all fake, as if you know it to be fake for a fact.

No problem, and no offense taken, Persnickety. First, I don't think everything is 100% fake (is that like Kim Richard's 100% pain?!). I think I wrote in one of my posts that I think the producers set up scenes, and then roll cameras. No, of course they don't have an actual script, but I think they're sometimes encouraged to go certain places, ie. bring up the affair allegations, the this, that... Most people avoid and don't deal with conflict, but these shows are based on conflict, so it's their job to engage and bring up subject X .

Phaedra wants this job. She wants to keep her peach, and the lifestyle the paycheck affords, so if she has to film scenes like this, she'll do it. (Besides, in my view, Apollo was the one that was portrayed badly, not Phaedra). She needs a storyline to keep the gig, and there are only so many times she can have conversations with her mother about how hard she has it with this criminal husband. Porsha was apparently demoted because she didn't have anything going on, and we know from the other shows that HW were fired for this same reason, or because they ran from conflict (Camille Grammer!). So if we know it, the HW's know it. Some decide it's not worth it (Adrienne, Lydia), some are more desperate. I guess the long and short answer is - Phaedra wants her peach.

• Love 2

No problem, and no offense taken, Persnickety. First, I don't think everything is 100% fake (is that like Kim Richard's 100% pain?!). I think I wrote in one of my posts that I think the producers set up scenes, and then roll cameras. No, of course they don't have an actual script, but I think they're sometimes encouraged to go certain places, ie. bring up the affair allegations, the this, that... Most people avoid and don't deal with conflict, but these shows are based on conflict, so it's their job to engage and bring up subject X .

Phaedra wants this job. She wants to keep her peach, and the lifestyle the paycheck affords, so if she has to film scenes like this, she'll do it. (Besides, in my view, Apollo was the one that was portrayed badly, not Phaedra). She needs a storyline to keep the gig, and there are only so many times she can have conversations with her mother about how hard she has it with this criminal husband. Porsha was apparently demoted because she didn't have anything going on, and we know from the other shows that HW were fired for this same reason, or because they ran from conflict (Camille Grammer!). So if we know it, the HW's know it. Some decide it's not worth it (Adrienne, Lydia), some are more desperate. I guess the long and short answer is - Phaedra wants her peach.

Okay, thanks for clarifying.

Maybe because in my own mind I can't imagine being anywhere in that chucklefuck's vicinity that the idea of agreeing to do a scene with him would just be impossible for me so I'm projecting my stance onto Phaedra.  I just found it odd that she would choose to skip his sentencing hearing (to a lot of public shaming for doing so) and be filing for divorce yet agree to doing one last scene with him.  

When money is involved, anything is possible.  Well, maybe not for people like we PTVers in most instances, but for people used to the "fame" reality TV brings.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 2

Phaedra was not in jeopardy of loosing her peach IMO. Apollo's conviction/plea deal alone secured her peach this season and next, her life as a single mom with 2 very young boys will be enough to keep her peach as wee. Porsha lost her peach because she refused to share her private life on the show and that is a requirement, although they have allowed Kenya to get away with that for quit a while now and she could loose hers if she doesn't start. Andy is getting tired of HW's hiding their private lives from the camera and is starting weed them out, Aviva is just 1 example and Porsha another.

• Love 1

When money is involved, anything is possible.  Well, maybe not for people like we PTVers in most instances, but for people used to the "fame" reality TV brings.

Bingo. Money and fame.

Phaedra was not in jeopardy of loosing her peach IMO. Apollo's conviction/plea deal alone secured her peach this season and next, her life as a single mom with 2 very young boys will be enough to keep her peach as wee.

I agree that her "peach" was not in jeopardy this season; on the contrary - the producers were likely salivating at the prospect of filming the saga. But Phaedra had to be thinking how it would play for her in future seasons if she didn't play along. And her life as a single mom is not out of the ordinary or interesting unless she engages in the drama. The HW's get cast and work at the mercy of the producers. No spot is guaranteed.

• Love 2

Bingo. Money and fame.

I agree that her "peach" was not in jeopardy this season; on the contrary - the producers were likely salivating at the prospect of filming the saga. But Phaedra had to be thinking how it would play for her in future seasons if she didn't play along. And her life as a single mom is not out of the ordinary or interesting unless she engages in the drama. The HW's get cast and work at the mercy of the producers. No spot is guaranteed.

Phaedra has never had a problem showing her kids on the show, her mom on the show or her life outside the show and she has never balked at being a part of the on going drama, whereas other have and that is why they loose their full time slot or are outright fired.

Phaedra has never had a problem showing her kids on the show, her mom on the show or her life outside the show and she has never balked at being a part of the on going drama, whereas other have and that is why they loose their full time slot or are outright fired.

Yes, Phaedra shows her kids, her jobs, and is (sometimes) willing to get engaged in the drama. In other words, she does what she knows she has to do and cooperates with the producers, which, imo, was her mindset when asked to participate in shenanigans with Apollo. As for the future, who knows what the producers want.

• Love 1
Speaking of that locksmith he was rather unprofessional with coming up to the door with headphones and regular clothes. No form of ID or company he works for. Nope, wouldn't let him in my house at all.

I've dealt with several locksmiths over the years, and I've never once had one show up wearing a special uniform, or sporting a special ID. And the one time I asked for locks to be rekeyed, the locksmith did ask me why.

• Love 4

All this woulda, coulda, shoulda in this thread...ugh. It's disheartening. Until you've actually been in a situation, you will never know how you'd react.

And to the poster who sent her apologies for what I'd been through (I'm sorry I'm on my phone), I'm sorry you had to go through what you did as well. I am glad that God handled him for you in the end. Much love, girl!

I apologize, I meant no disrespect  Just being snarky.  You are correct.  I have never been in a situation like that.  Way to stay strong!!!!!!!! My respect to you.

The quick demise of Kandi's marriage...is she really all that bothered by it?  I do appreciate that it's got nothing to do with Mama Joyce, though.

Mama Joyce may not be the primary reason Kandi's marriage seems to be coming apart but it is a contributor. I can't blame Todd though, in his place, my husband showing such disrespect for my mother, such as Kandi did for Todd's mother would give me pause. Kandi allowing her employees to clown Todd also shows a fundamental lack of respect for the man she married. If Kandi is served with divorce papers it wouldn't surprise me and I couldn't blame Todd.

• Love 10
Mama Joyce may not be the primary reason Kandi's marriage seems to be coming apart but it is a contributor. I can't blame Todd though, in his place, my husband showing such disrespect for my mother, such as Kandi did for Todd's mother would give me pause. Kandi allowing her employees to clown Todd also shows a fundamental lack of respect for the man she married. If Kandi is served with divorce papers it wouldn't surprise me and I couldn't blame Todd.

I might go so far as to say that MJ raised Kandi in a way that did not teach her to have respect for other people, period. MJ has never been very respectful of Kandi. And now we have Kandi basically just doing what she wants and not considering her husband or showing much respect for him. 

• Love 6

So there was Peter pulling his glasses out and reading texts while driving....seriously? He believes all of Apollo's B.S. I think Peter is as shady as Apollo. He will be his cellmate someday maybe. Running right to big mouth Cynthia to share the info. I can't stand either one of them. I think he is in it with her to live the life. Also I don't think they have all they pretend to have to live the big life. It was nice though not having to look at NeNe. They need to do the same and not show Kenya. Can't stand those two. <br />I've been coming here lurking and reading posts for quite a while and decided to get an account finally to post. Love reading all of your comments. %uD83D%uDE0A

Yes, we can blame Todd. He knew exactly what he was getting in to, and went ahead with it anyway. I'm telling you, I haven't trusted him 100% since the whole deal with the prenup.

• Love 2

Is it 'love crime' or 'crime of passion' Apollo? LOL!!

LOL at that whole scene with him and Peter.  He is about to be locked up and now all of a sudden he is worried about what Phaedra is doing.  And whether his clothes are put back in his drawer.

Plus "love crime," if it still exists anywhere, is when you catch your partner unexpectedly.  If you are sharing texts with the world, in and out the house, and then go back and do harm, that is premeditated.

I am of the opinion that last scene was staged or anticipated.  Is the crew really just going to do footage of Phaedra changing locks?  Then she goes into that sing song southern belle character which I loathe from her..

Edited by SpringTulips

He is about to be locked up and now all of a sudden he is worried about what Phaedra is doing.  And whether his clothes are put back in his drawer.

Lol!  I forgot about his cry for help to ensure that his freshly washed laundry would be dried, folded, and put away in a timely manner.  You know, so it would be available when he returned in 8 years.

• Love 7

I don't think he meant any harm with the drill - like someone else said, he was likely planning to takes off the stuff that he put on and then his mind shifted and he went out to Phaedra with it in hand.

My first thought on seeing that scene was that he might do her harm or at least make the non-verbal threat.  The second thought (after I dismissed the first thought, based on the statements made previously) is that he planned on using the drill to get back into the house off-camera.  Makes a lot more sense.

Being a recent newlywed myself, Kandi and Todd's marriage may be going through a difficult adjustment, but Kandi does appear to be disrespecting Todd at pretty much every turn, then trying to appear innocent about the disparaging when Todd takes note of it.  Can't have it both ways.  I was happy for Kandi that she found someone to be close to after the death of her fiance', but I think she's doing Todd a huge disservice and he, honestly, doesn't need her in order to be successful himself (looking at you, Peter).  He's quite capable of his own success, despite MJ's commentary to the contrary.

• Love 3

What are they gonna talk about if the people with actual lives leave. Week after week of  Will Claudia's toes ever be fixed? Will Kenya's piano file a sexual harassment suit after her twerking on it one too many times? Will Cynthia get a clue?

Give me a break..

If they do, that should tell you just how unappealing I find hour after hour of bad hair and bad attitudes passing for "actual lives."  So I'm not looking for a break. If I felt like I needed one, however, I'd turn it off...

None of us can speak to the operation of Apollo's mind and we aren't hypothetical psychics.  The reason I brought up Apollo's assault of Brandon is because it shows his propensity for unprovoked violence.  It's interesting you think the cameras would keep Apollo in check when he already cracked a rib and admitted to threatening to kill his wife on camera.  He also coerced her to embrace him this season by threatening to embarrass her on camera.  Thankfully, Apollo didn't hurt Phaedra, but I don't think it's far-fetched for people to think it was a possibility based on his past behavior and increasingly erratic behavior leading up to his prison term. 

You're right, no one can. So one hypothesis is as valid as another. And since we already know the outcome, it's pointless to argue whether or not it's a far-fetched notion - he didn't do it, for whatever reason. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

Actually "Cordellsbeard" did come from Kenya! Porsha just questioned why he did not want to sleep with her, much like Kenya did  Walter, except Porsha did not come right out and accuse Kordell of being gay like Kenya did Walter.

But Yes, Nene has been adding to that fire although she has said flat out that she has never seen Porsha with a married man nor has she heard rumors other than from Kenya and Claudia.

I would have to review the episodes again to know who said it first (and I sure don't care enough to do it!) But for sure Porsha herself made that case at that dinner and Peter and Kenya jumped on the comment, which she then tried to backtrack from. She made the statement that Kordell married her to protect his image. And did so many TH interviews calling him a bitch, queen and other derogatory names that were clearly intended to call him out that even people who felt bad for how he left her thought she went to far. Plus her antics with Kandi and the sex toys she claimed he kept ... for my part, I definitely put KordellGate on her. Everyone else may have speculated or repeated rumors, but she put the nails in that coffin.  

Nene is talking out of both sides of her neck. She didn't claim to hear the rumors from Kenya and Claudia, because she doesn't speak to them. She stated that she knew Porsha was getting gifts from someone but she didn't know for sure *wink, wink.*  On more than one occasion. She definitely as you say added fuel to the fire.

• Love 6

If Phaedra wanted a restraining order, all she had to do was show footage from the show - Apollo's volatile behavior, his admission to Peter that he did talk about "love crimes" when he suspected Phaedra of cheating on him, and I think the mother as a witness to his threat of burning down the house. Plus, his criminal past, and his current status as prisoner-in-waiting. But of course she didn't want a protective order, because this was all for show.

[snip]

The one thing I believe about Phaedra is her love for her sons and I don't think she wanted to risk having the boys not see their dad before he leaves for years unless it was absolutely necessary.

Edited by cooksdelight
Ignoring mod warning
  • Love 1

Hell maybe it's [Apollo's money] literally in the house...

Like, inside the dry wall in the house.  

He did a lot of the work on that house during the remodel.  Who knows what secrets those walls might hold.

If he was punching out walls, maybe it wasn't out of anger.  Maybe his dumb ass was trying to remember by which stud in the wall he had buried the cash.  

LOL! Hilarious - AND very astute!

• Love 3

What are they gonna talk about if the people with actual lives leave.

That's what can be frustrating about all of these RHW shows. We don't know what IS their real 'actual lives" deportment and their made up for TV activity and behavior. The show does not tape all year, so I wonder how these ladies behave and live when the show is NOT in production.

The show is about forced friendships and relationships, set on a backdrop of made up events, but they're real people not traditionally scripted dramatic characters. Producers are just trying to piece together a show, when the people really don't know each other and socialize EXCEPT FOR the show. The cast is only together (most of the time) when they're at a made up for taping the show show event....or their talking about each other...going to someone's house, having lunch, etc.

-- Phaedra is a lawyer, and undertaker, and has other ventures...does she take a break from that during taping, because we barely see her doing any actual WORK, real work on the show. Same for Cynthia, and all of them really. Sure we get a peak at Kandi producing a show, or in the office. But does anyone REALLY think Kenya's I'm going to produce a pilot storyline is anything but her playing for the cameras. MUCH as I hate Nene's attitude and personality -- and least she is working her work.

I also think Bravo itself is doing the show a DISservice. I know it wants to milk all the ratings and money it can get out of it's number one show. But the season is way too long. Longer than any other HW show I think. And the longer season means  producers/editors need more scenes (of lesser quality.) Why not do a SHORTER season, that will have people wanting more...instead of 10 weeks, PLUS a 2 part reunion....that has viewers praying it's over. But I suppse people are still watching. Do we know what the ratings have been this season. Down?

After this season Bravo is really going to have decisions to make -- casting and scheduling -- about this show.

Edited by selhars
  • Love 2

It's amazing to me how Apollo can defraud but he still elicits sympathy from the Housewives. They seem more upset that Phaedra didn't show up to this asshole's sentencing and that she might be having an affair.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 3

Kenya - Twirl on girl. How delusional are you to think that D. Woods, who is at least a good 10 - 15 years younger than you, could play your OLDER sister in your never to be made or seen TV pilot.

Hee! I love it!

Exactly! Claudia didn't bring it up. I don't understand why so many are  so quick to jump Claudia's shit. And who is Ricky Smiley anyway? Is he some big Atlanta morning show hot shot or something because he really came off as some unprofessional douchebag last night.

I vaguely remember him being a smarmy DJ/VJ on BET in the 1980's.

Phaedra was not in jeopardy of loosing her peach IMO. Apollo's conviction/plea deal alone secured her peach this season and next, her life as a single mom with 2 very young boys will be enough to keep her peach as wee. Porsha lost her peach because she refused to share her private life on the show and that is a requirement

I thought Porsha got in trouble for assaulting Kenya at the reunion.

I don't remember which gossip sites wrote about it, but the scene with Phaedra and the locksmith was supposed to be something short, only Apollo showed up unannounced so they kept cameras rolling. That's why the interior scenes looked so off, lighting and color-wise. The earlier scenes with the locksmith, Phaedra and her assistant were better lit. The camera equipment and men/women running them with the mics, etc were already there. When Apollo first got there, his voice wasn't very clear as I don't think he was mic'ed yet when he first jumped out of the car and started hollering.

Now, who's to say that someone didn't tip him off that they were filming? But the guy was clearly off his rocker and Bravo isn't about to let that not be filmed. I'm thinking it wasn't a set-up, but Apollo did get info they were filming so off he runs for his last 15 minutes of fame.

Apollo is crazy. Phadera may be a phony bitch, but her reaction to Apollo was 100% true to what I witnessed when a friend was in an abusive marriage. And yes, I think Apollo is crazy enough to go over and start that shit on camera thinking he would be the one who came off sympathetic.

Oh Kandi, Todd is so over your bullshit. Sad thing is I think he actually loves her and thought it would be different when they got married, but she's continuing in on her own special brand of nagging and controlling while still still slightly disinterested in actually knowing anything about him.

• Love 2