Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E14: Hello Mr. Chocolate

• Start Topic

Speaking of that locksmith he was rather unprofessional with coming up to the door with headphones and regular clothes. No form of ID or company he works for. Nope, wouldn't let him in my house at all.

I think Phaedra lives in a gated community. The locksmith may have been an employee of the association not an independent contractor.

Regardless I think the whole thing was a set up for the camera. Apollo was so angry about the changing of the locks but never mentions Phaedra's cheating on him? Who acts like that in front of film crew? A crew who certainly didn't seen alarmed or in fear for Phaedra? Apollo sounded foolish because IMO, it was staged and he didn't have a script, just tried to improvise. Phaedra is an officer of the court, she could have found out exactly when Apollo reported. He had a three day window, if I heard him correctly. If he hadn't appeared when expected, they would have come gotten his ass.

• Love 2

Other blogs have info. that reveal the garage scene was totally staged. To me, the very topic: "Phaedra changes the locks to her house" exposes the lie. Could they be any more obvious? I loved the actor, er, I mean locksmith, who said: "do you mind if I ask why you're changing the locks?!" Then Apollo's very dramatic entrance, his ominous but bad acting "do not call the police," his friend who's conveniently around and lurking in the bushes, and Phaedra and her assistant just standing there, acting their parts. All those people there, incl. the Bravo crew, and nobody is alarmed, nobody calls the police. All topped off by Andy on WWHL promoting the scene and calling it "very disturbing." Well, yes, he was actually right on that -- the acting was pretty poor, pretty disturbing.

The blog that says it was staged is written by someone that hates Phaedra with a passion! I mean HATES her and she loves, loves, loves Kenya. Both Phaedra's assistant and the garage door guy asked her if she wanted them to call the police several times. Phaedra said no because he was going to be in prison in another state in a few hours. She was getting locks/codes changed not because she was afraid Apollo would come into the house, but that he may have given a key or codes to 1 of his criminal pals.

• Love 4

Apollo sounded foolish because IMO, it was staged and he didn't have a script, just tried to improvise. Phaedra is an officer of the court, she could have found out exactly when Apollo reported. He had a three day window, if I heard him correctly. If he hadn't appeared when expected, they would have come gotten his ass.

There's no three-day window. I learned that from the Teresa Giudice saga, thank you very much!

• Love 4

I think Phaedra lives in a gated community. The locksmith may have been an employee of the association not an independent contractor.

Regardless I think the whole thing was a set up for the camera. Apollo was so angry about the changing of the locks but never mentions Phaedra's cheating on him? Who acts like that in front of film crew? A crew who certainly didn't seen alarmed or in fear for Phaedra? Apollo sounded foolish because IMO, it was staged and he didn't have a script, just tried to improvise. Phaedra is an officer of the court, she could have found out exactly when Apollo reported. He had a three day window, if I heard him correctly. If he hadn't appeared when expected, they would have come gotten his ass.

Actually, he did mention her BF when he was talking about his laundry!

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2

She did leave the house. When they filmed that garage scene, Apollo should have already turned himself in at the prison in Tenn., he should not have been at the house and that is why she returned to change the locks/alarms/ect.. You can not file for a restraining order unless there is cause and she had no cause because he had not hit her, the kids or anyone else (Brandon does not count here) and the same goes for calling the police for a domestic disturbance, not cause.  Oh, and her kids were NOT at home at the time this was filmed, they were still at the hotel with her mother, Phaedra was only home to change locks/alarms/codes, not to sleep there.

"I do believe he has threatened to do so with demonstrations such as punching walls, throwing objects and getting in her face and backing her up against walls"

The above would have been more than enough cause for her to get the authorities involved - that and his threat of blowing up the house.   That is - if she was actually telling the truth.  Since she did not remove her kids from a potentially dangerous environment - until her mother had pushed it.

• Love 2

The blog that says it was staged is written by someone that hates Phaedra with a passion! I mean HATES her and she loves, loves, loves Kenya. Both Phaedra's assistant and the garage door guy asked her if she wanted them to call the police several times. Phaedra said no because he was going to be in prison in another state in a few hours. She was getting locks/codes changed not because she was afraid Apollo would come into the house, but that he may have given a key or codes to 1 of his criminal pals.

You're just repeating lines from the script! (As they were). Don't be fooled, Wire!

There's no three-day window. I learned that from the Teresa Giudice saga, thank you very much!

Right, he should not have been at the house at that time. Even that has puzzled TT in her blogs, she has no explanation of that at all despite her claims that this was fake, he should have been in prison when she was at the house filming the changing of the locks/codes. The scene was not faked by Phaedra but I do think Apollo was called by the producers who knew that he was still around, Apollo LOVES being on camera almost as much as Peter does. LOL

"I do believe he has threatened to do so with demonstrations such as punching walls, throwing objects and getting in her face and backing her up against walls"

The above would have been more than enough cause for her to get the authorities involved - that and his threat of blowing up the house.   That is - if she was actually telling the truth.  Since she did not remove her kids from a potentially dangerous environment - until her mother had pushed it.

Talk to any woman that has called the police for threats only and they will tell you there is nothing the police will do other than suggest the wife leaves the house. We have no idea when Apollo threatened to burn the house down, it could have occurred the night before Phaedra's mom came over and Phaedra did remover all 3 of them and only went back to the house, only her, when Apollo should have already been in prison or on his way to Tenn. to report to prison.

• Love 1

I think it's far-fetched.  Watching the show over the last couple of years displayed to me that the marriage was on its way down the drain.  He has repeatedly humiliated and disrespected her on camera and caused her credibility to be further questioned after she tried to present him as a reformed felon.  She filed for divorce after he went to prison.  None of that screams "in cahoots" to me.  People are chosen for reality shows because their lives are very interesting and/or dramatic.

Apollo scammed big money in his latest crimes. Who is to say Phaedra isn't complicit in some way? She's always known what Apollo was/is. Maybe they are deflecting attention from Phaedra in order to keep law enforcement from looking to her for where the money is.. Probably not, but I've never thought Phaedra was the sweet southern belle she acts. She's not above a shady deal or two If it put money in her pocket. A sweet southern lady wouldn't have gotten in bed with the likes of Apollo, not knowing full well what he was, and I have no doubt she knew exactly the type of man he is.

• Love 2

You're just repeating lines from the script! (As they were). Don't be fooled, Wire!

I read TT's blogs that she wrote when this was filmed, she relied on Phaedra's neighbors calling her with info. There are too many holes in her story, she has an agenda when it comes to Phaedra, Porsha and Nene. She wants all 3 fired yesterday! LOL

• Love 1

Right, he should not have been at the house at that time. Even that has puzzled TT in her blogs, she has no explanation of that at all despite her claims that this was fake, he should have been in prison when she was at the house filming the changing of the locks/codes. The scene was not faked by Phaedra but I do think Apollo was called by the producers who knew that he was still around, Apollo LOVES being on camera almost as much as Peter does. LOL

Just because Phaedra and the script says that the day they were filming was the day Apollo was due to report to prison doesn't make it so. It could have been filmed any other day (and was). Besides, we know from the BOP database, as well as from Apollo's very juvial "going asunder" tweet and video, that he was indeed a day late in reporting. The editing monkeys screw around with dates and times all the time.

Apollo scammed big money in his latest crimes. Who is to say Phaedra isn't complicit in some way? She's always known what Apollo was/is. Maybe they are deflecting attention from Phaedra in order to keep law enforcement from looking to her for where the money is.. Probably not, but I've never thought Phaedra was the sweet southern belle she acts. She's not above a shady deal or two If it put money in her pocket. A sweet southern lady wouldn't have gotten in bed with the likes of Apollo, not knowing full well what he was, and I have no doubt she knew exactly the type of man he is.

Phaedra is no angel but, IMO, if Phaedra was involved Apollo would have handed her over to the Feds on a silver platter to get less time. As far as sleeping with him, she had an itch that she wanted scratched, liked what she saw, a pretty bad boy, and did not count on getting pregnant. I imagine their marriage was to save face for her parents and not out of love.

Just because Phaedra and the script says that the day they were filming was the day Apollo was due to report to prison doesn't make it so. It could have been filmed any other day (and was). Besides, we know from the BOP database, as well as from Apollo's very juvial "going asunder" tweet and video, that he was indeed a day late in reporting. The editing monkeys screw around with dates and times all the time.

By TT's own timeline, that was filmed the day Apollo was to report to the prison in Tenn.

• Love 4

I read TT's blogs that she wrote when this was filmed, she relied on Phaedra's neighbors calling her with info. There are too many holes in her story, she has an agenda when it comes to Phaedra, Porsha and Nene. She wants all 3 fired yesterday! LOL

She is totally biased - I agree with you there. But after watching last night's episode, her story (or that of the neighbors/spies/sources) matches what we saw. Plus, throw in some knowledge of how these shows work/are edited, etc...

She is totally biased - I agree with you there. But after watching last night's episode, her story (or that of the neighbors/spies/sources) matches what we saw. Plus, throw in some knowledge of how these shows work/are edited, etc...

What I really believed happened was that the producers called Apollo, told him Phaedra was at the house getting the locks/codes changed and he came over. Was the scene staged by production, yes, was Apollo going along with it, yes, was Phaedra aware it was a set up and went along with it, NO. Apollo was not mic'ed at all the entire time. Had it been scripted/staged completely, he would have had a mic on.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3

Phaedra handled Apollo and his crazy ass, great. I would have called the cops the second I saw him come back. He would not have had time to grab that drill. I don't like people invading my personal space unless I invite them.

Nobody deserves to feel frightened in their own home. Apollo is disgusting.

I did notice that Phaedra's frustration almost erupted when "Bun" said "he just wants to see his kids". Phaedra angrily replied "he has seen his children."

She knew he was trying to get sympathy, he his always the victim.

He had seen the children the night before, but was willing to lie for sympathy.

And Kenya and Cynthia are willing to believe Apollo re: Phaedra and Chocolate, even though they know Apollo lied about Kenya... Mmmkay.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4

By TT's own timeline, that was filmed the day Apollo was to report to the prison in Tenn.

No, although it's all really confusing. According to her "sources," Apollo was gone from the house and area for days before his "due date," and he was not there on that day of filming. Again, according to her, the cameras and the crew were there to film with Phaedra, and the police even showed up, but only because the alarm was tripped, and they stayed for 5 minutes and left. It was probably boring footage, so they didn't use it.

Edited by LotusFlower

I am not a prude, but please no more of Kandi's "wares". I am afraid they are going to force a sexual aid to be displayed in every episode.

I have a feeling sales are down and she wants those things on TV every week. She's pushing them hard on social media (no pun intended). It's the only gig besides this show that she's got in the works right now since the play was a flop.

• Love 2

I always hear Jennifer Lopez from Enough in my head whenever someone suggest a restraining order against someone else.

Cop:  She could get a restraining order.
Jennifer:  What's that?  A little piece of paper that says he can't come around?

Cop nods

Jennifer:  And when he comes around?  What does she do?  Throw it at him?

The frame of mind that I witnessed Apollo in while he was storming around was not something a restraining order would have remedied.  

And I hate to bring up the race card, but isn't it part of black culture to not call the cops for anything?  Period.  I mean, I guess it is Phaedra and she's well aware of the legal system, but Apollo was also her children's father.  For everyone's claims that someone's kids will see this stuff when they get older, maybe Phaedra didn't want her children to be able to see her throwing their father in jail in the future.

I think that's a WAY more plausible explanation than someone staging a setting and not calling the cops because she knew it was a setup.

And to answer a question posed above.  Know who acts that way on camera?  A man who is about to go to prison and feels he has nothing to lose.  A man who has convinced himself his wife was cheating.  A man who can't take responsibility for his own bullshit.  A man who has knowingly lied in the past to make a woman look like she's the one at fault.  That's who acts that way on camera.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 14

No, although it's all really confusing. According to her "sources," Apollo was gone from the house and area for days before his "due date," and he was not there on that day of filming. Again, according to her, the cameras and the crew were there to film with Phaedra, and the police even showed up, but only because the alarm was tripped, and they stayed for 5 minutes and left. It was probably boring footage, so they didn't use it.

Except that she claimed in her Atl. blog last night that this was when the alarms were going off, she pointed out the Comcast van across the street as proof. She contradicts herself when she is caught saying 1 thing when another happens! If the police had shown up while Apollo was there, I guarantee that Bravo would have shown it. LOL

• Love 1

Lawd, Nene called marrying her trick an accomplishment, LOL! I really believe she and Porsha are cut from the same cloth and I can't stand either of them. My dislike of Nene is bordering hatred and I can't even explain this because she's practically invisible this season. Kandi and Todd knew damn well they should have never gotten married. I think pride, not common sense, led them to walk down that aisle.

• Love 4

Except that she claimed in her Atl. blog last night that this was when the alarms were going off, she pointed out the Comcast van across the street as proof. She contradicts herself when she is caught saying 1 thing when another happens! If the police had shown up while Apollo was there, I guarantee that Bravo would have shown it. LOL

Again - no. She claims the alarm was probably newly installed and kept going off a number of times, so the Comcast van (the alarm co.) was present both on the day of filming (the garage scene with Apollo), as well as on Apollo's prison due date. As you probably know, the local police are alerted whenever an alarm is tripped, and that's why they came and left within minutes. I agree that Bravo would have definitely shown any police action, so if they didn't, I'm sure it's because they only came b/c of the alarm (boring), and not b/c of Apollo (dramatic). So I don't see any contradictions.

Apollo is completely delusional. He talks like he is going away for 6 months to a year at most.

He told Peter "you might have to get the basement ready, I might have to stay with you guys when I get out." Huh? Peter said "we'll have a bigger house by then". Apollo tells Phaedra something about mailing his keys to him. What? Dude you're going to prison for 8 years! That is a long time.

Phaedra said something like she might not even be in that house anymore. I'd laugh if wasn't all so sad for those 2 little boys.

• Love 4

Why would Apollo agree to a script that would paint him so threatening? What good would it do him? I think he was emotion-fueled and unhinged. Same as when he admitted saying, "people kill people for things like this."

I don't think there was a script at all.

I think Phaedra felt scared but hoped that since there were several people around, he wouldn't actually start physically assaulting her. Either screaming at him or running would have likely escalated the situation. She was just waiting for him to leave. The assistant had her phone out pretty much the entire time, ready to call the police on a half second's notice.

And I third or fourth the fact that you can't get a restraining order just because of a verbal threat. She would have needed proof of a previous time Apollo had physically hurt her or her kids, and also a convincing reason of why it was likely to happen again. Apollo was going to prison.

• Love 8

Why would Apollo agree to a script that would paint him so threatening? What good would it do him? I think he was emotion-fueled and unhinged. Same as when he admitted saying, "people kill people for things like this."

Because a) he's not that smart; b) he loves the camera; and c) he and Phaedra have faked scenes before. They all do. Yes, he came across as ridiculous and menacing, but from his perspective, he probably thought his "direction" (act mad) was justified, and wouldn't look so bad. After all, this is a guy who doesn't get the magnitude of his crime, called it "fixable," and seems delusional about everything.

And I third or fourth the fact that you can't get a restraining order just because of a verbal threat. She would have needed proof of a previous time Apollo had physically hurt her or her kids, and also a convincing reason of why it was likely to happen again. Apollo was going to prison.

Not true. Threats don't need to be physical to obtain a restraining order. You can't just walk into a police station and say that someone is harassing you, and they say ok. But sometimes you can get one if there are witnesses to a verbal threat. Think about celebrities who've received restraining orders against crazy stalkers or fans that threatened them in non-physical ways.

• Love 3

Because a) he's not that smart; b) he loves the camera; and c) he and Phaedra have faked scenes before. They all do. Yes, he came across as ridiculous and menacing, but from his perspective, he probably thought his "direction" (act mad) was justified, and wouldn't look so bad. After all, this is a guy who doesn't get the magnitude of his crime, called it "fixable," and seems delusional about everything.

Not true. Threats don't need to be physical to obtain a restraining order. You can't just walk into a police station and say that someone is harassing you, and they say ok. But sometimes you can get one if there are witnesses to a verbal threat. Think about celebrities who've received restraining orders against crazy stalkers or fans that threatened them in non-physical ways.

To the first paragraph, it's possible. But, for the second, I'm talking about the type of restraining order that Phaedra would have to get against her husband- Domestic Restraining Order or in Georgia- Family Violence Protective Order. It's the type people get if the person in question is family or a significant other. This is not the same as a celebrity getting one against a stranger.

Now, yes some verbal threats can be enough but they need to be documented and severe. They have to be specific and able to be carried out. They are not to be taken lightly by the courts. Stalking can qualify, but this hasn't been brought up in regard to Apollo.

And, really, from personal experience, the courts need proof and something pretty severe. They say proof isn't always needed by law, but practice isn't the same thing. Apollo saying "some people kill..." is not enough. It could help, but it's not he whole enchilada. Prior violence is very important in these cases.

Edited by Betweenyouandme
  • Love 2

Can't you just hear Apollo trying to explain to authorities why he was late showing up for his prison escort?

"Well, you see, I got caught up in the sector of the time scale and was filming since they cannot let me leave the show without showing those texteses and expressing my juviality in it's full form."

• Love 20

Also want to stress that restraining orders are either suing someone in civil court or criminal proceedings in criminal court. They aren't put into place just for someone's possible/maybe safety. They carry legal consequences for the other person. Proof or some specific special circumstance is really and truly needed. Phaedra is lawyer. She'd know what was needed and how needed it would be, considering Apollo was very near from being in protective custody.

• Love 2

I don't understand why people would not believe Phaedra is afraid of Apollo, why  would you not believe  Apollo would not hit Phaedra? Did you not see Apollo beat Brandon, so bad he had a cracked rib?  He had no beef with Brandon, the cameras were rolling. Men kill their wives and children everyday, men who have not been in prison kill their wives and children.Men kill their wives and children if there is a restraining order,men kill their wives and children,burn down their house, because they are violent. Apollo has shown with the cameras rolling, he has a propensity for violence. I'm betting Phaedra has seen more.  We don't see their lives 24/7. Phaedra lives her life with Apollo without cameras around, cameras have caught his disrespect for her, him leaving her on the steps in a strange place, he has no regards for Phaedra she knows this. Her not wanting to call the police right away is understandable, she has always tried to protect Apollo, calling the police would have meant more trouble for Apollo, she cared enough to not let that happen. She knew she could go to bed that night and sleep secure because her locks had been changed and Apollo would be locked up. all she had to do was remain calm and not do or say  anything to set him off further. I don't doubt if she had been there alone and he acted like he was acting, if she could get away the police would have been called. 

• Love 19

If he was a day late, then why wouldn't what Phaedra said be the truth? 

She says Ayden talked on the phone with him earlier in the day(on his way to wherever the prison was) and then when she's talking to the garage guy she says she needs it fixed because she doesn't want anybody using the outlying garage door opener(that Apollo had). One of the first things he does in all his yelling is hand her the garage door opener.

• Love 1

To the first paragraph, it's possible. But, for the second, I'm talking about the type of restraining order that Phaedra would have to get against her husband- Domestic Restraining Order or in Georgia- Family Violence Protective Order. It's the type people get if the person in question is family or a significant other. This is not the same as a celebrity getting one against a stranger.

Now, yes some verbal threats can be enough but they need to be documented and severe. They have to be specific and able to be carried out. They are not to be taken lightly by the courts. Stalking can qualify, but this hasn't been brought up in regard to Apollo.

And, really, from personal experience, the courts need proof and something pretty severe. They say proof isn't always needed by law, but practice isn't the same thing. Apollo saying "some people kill..." is not enough. It could help, but it's not he whole enchilada. Prior violence is very important in these cases.

If Phaedra wanted a restraining order, all she had to do was show footage from the show - Apollo's volatile behavior, his admission to Peter that he did talk about "love crimes" when he suspected Phaedra of cheating on him, and I think the mother as a witness to his threat of burning down the house. Plus, his criminal past, and his current status as prisoner-in-waiting. But of course she didn't want a protective order, because this was all for show.

Well, like I've said, from my understanding of restraining orders, none of that would likely be enough, especially as Apollo was headed to prison. His criminal past did not involve Apollo assaulting or stalking Phaedra or their children. Nothing else is specific enough of a threat.

But, I'm not hearing any new information, so going in circles in unproductive.

• Love 2

If he was a day late, then why wouldn't what Phaedra said be the truth? 

Fair question. But I watched the scene having read the alternate tale, so I saw it from a different lens. The producers are savvy - they know how to film, edit, and present this stuff in a way that tells the story they want to tell, which is not always a truthful depiction. So viewers can decide which version makes more sense. For me, when the locksmith said "may I ask why you're the changing the locks?" - that's when I cracked up and knew this scene was staged. A house is full of people, and a volatile and angry man HOLDING A POWER DRILL charges a woman, and not a single person steps forward and/or calls the police! Etc., etc... All this coupled with the "spies on scene" saying Apollo was never there that day tells me that this fictional version is not believable. Not to me, at least.

• Love 2

If Phaedra wanted a restraining order, all she had to do was show footage from the show - Apollo's volatile behavior, his admission to Peter that he did talk about "love crimes" when he suspected Phaedra of cheating on him, and I think the mother as a witness to his threat of burning down the house. Plus, his criminal past, and his current status as prisoner-in-waiting. But of course she didn't want a protective order, because this was all for show.

She would have had no idea that Apollo was with Peter let alone what he said to Peter until last week when she got the episode to watch or until the others, Kenya, Nene, Porsha, Kandi, Claudia and Cynthia talked about it with her and that was filmed after Apollo was in prison. Phaedra's mom never claimed to hear Apollo threatening to burn down the house, Phaedra told her about that because her mom was not present at the time. He was convicted/pled guilty to white collar/nonviolent crimes both this time and last time.

Fair question. But I watched the scene having read the alternate tale, so I saw it from a different lens. The producers are savvy - they know how to film, edit, and present this stuff in a way that tells the story they want to tell, which is not always a truthful depiction. So viewers can decide which version makes more sense. For me, when the locksmith said "may I ask why you're the changing the locks?" - that's when I cracked up and knew this scene was staged. A house is full of people, and a volatile and angry man HOLDING A POWER DRILL charges a woman, and not a single person steps forward and/or calls the police! Etc., etc... All this coupled with the "spies on scene" saying Apollo was never there that day tells me that this fictional version is not believable. Not to me, at least.

He did not "charge" her though, he walked over with the drill at his side/back and she told them not to call the police several times.

• Love 3

All this coupled with the "spies on scene" saying Apollo was never there that day tells me that this fictional version is not believable. Not to me, at least.

Major news sources, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reported that Apollo was late to show up for his ride to Kentucky, and that he had shown up at his now-former home enraged, and footage of the event was filmed by Bravo. There were no details as to what the ruckus was about, but there were reputable reporters saying that what we just saw was pretty much what went down.

We can debate it all night and into tomorrow, and will never know the true story. Along with whether restraining orders are obtainable for something like this. I think we've all stated our opinions on both subjects, thanks.

• Love 8

Hell maybe it's literally in the house...

Like, inside the dry wall in the house.  

He did a lot of the work on that house during the remodel.  Who knows what secrets those walls might hold.

If he was punching out walls, maybe it wasn't out of anger.  Maybe his dumb ass was trying to remember by which stud in the wall he had buried the cash.

There's always money in the banana stand!!!
  • Love 10

If I were called into a house to perform a job, and I likely had to sign some release form, and cameras were rolling, I think I'd ask what was going on or be okay with that opening line given to me.

But, more than anything, if I were working, and a film crew was there, along with Phaedra and an assistant, and I were roughly the size of Apollo and not pregnant, I'd feel like it might be silly for me to run away, calling 911. I'd also not really want to get involved until I had a little more handle on what was happening. I'd be a bit nervous and keeping an eye out, but I can't say I'd really step in until a hand was raised, etc. There were were other people all around. I think Phaedra had a right to be scared, but I think that because I know more about them than that snippet and I could hear him whispering to tell her not to call the police.

Now, it would have been great to see some people step up and tell Apollo to back it up and leave, but this to me is one of those situations where you're uncertain about getting involved. Not to mention, getting involved could escalate a currently non-physical situation into a physical one. It would be a tough call.

Was writing before the directions...sorry!!

On another note, I thought it was nice to sort of see Claudia without much or possibly any makeup when she was getting ready for work. I'm also glad they didn't show her much naked except for her lower legs- not because I think she's unattractive, I just thought it was tasteful.

• Love 2

On another note, I thought it was nice to sort of see Claudia without much or possibly any makeup when she was getting ready for work. I'm also glad they didn't show her much naked except for her lower legs- not because I think she's unattractive, I just thought it was tasteful.

But they did show her ugly feet though!! LOL

• Love 1

He did not "charge" her though, he walked over with the drill at his side/back and she told them not to call the police several times.

Wire - If your angry husband was creating a scene, because I love you, it wouldn't matter if he was "walking over" or "charging" with a power drill - I'd call the police!!

I still haven't gotten a good look at Claudia's feet.

Every time she's on the screen, I keep trying to decide whether or not I like her. I think I do. I think she just sometimes doesn't clearly get how she really feels across. And, I also think she wants to stick up for herself, but is so quick to do so, it isn't met with much love, like what happened with Porscha. However, I see Porscha with so much of a wall put up, I think it's admirable for Claudia to try ...even though Claudia has been harsh, imo, like on that bus.

I can't really talk. I know if I were on one of these shows, I'd be hated by every housewife and anyone who watched the show, and be curled up in a ball with my cat, crying. So, yeah. I can't judge too harshly without feeling bad or being hypocritical.

• Love 5

Major news sources, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reported that Apollo was late to show up for his ride to Kentucky, and that he had shown up at his now-former home enraged, and footage of the event was filmed by Bravo. There were no details as to what the ruckus was about, but there were reputable reporters saying that what we just saw was pretty much what went down..

All the stories cited two sources: Radar Online and Steve Honig, Phaedra's rep. I don't find either of them credible. Honig is naturally going to push Phaedra's agenda, and ROL is, well, ROL. They either make stuff up, or print stuff from their "sources," a/k/a various Housewives.

Wire - If your angry husband was creating a scene, because I love you, it wouldn't matter if he was "walking over" or "charging" with a power drill - I'd call the police!!

I think Phaedra talking to him without anger, almost like she was soothing a toddler having a temper tantrum was the right way to handle him. I really do, it seemed to calm him down, he would then leave, work himself back up and she would speak to him the same way again and he would calm back down. I do think those present knew he would not physically hurt her because they were there. If it was only you, me and my angry husband coming at me, call 911. If it was only Phaedra, her assistant and an angry Apollo, call 911.

• Love 2

I think Phaedra talking to him without anger, almost like she was soothing a toddler having a temper tantrum was the right way to handle him. I really do, it seemed to calm him down, he would then leave, work himself back up and she would speak to him the same way again and he would calm back down. I do think those present knew he would not physically hurt her because they were there. If it was only you, me and my angry husband coming at me, call 911. If it was only Phaedra, her assistant and an angry Apollo, call 911.

Not sure if I still love you, but I will ALWAYS call 911 for you!!

• Love 1

It makes perfect sense for the locksmith to ask why. If it is just to replace locks because of lost keys, the current setup is fine. But if she had said becausd Apollo is leaving and for her safety, then the locksmith could offer more changes or better locks to fit that need.

Next, if hot head had just chilled a bit, he could have agreed they needed changing since he would not be there to protect his family. But he probably is thinking that he is going through the worse time of his life, losing all that is good and has rescued him since his last incarceration and now his wife is not there for him. Not too mention she may be cheating BEFORE they are divorced or he even goes to jail And she is changing locks. Hey Apollo has a lot to be hurt and angry about. It is human. Even if we think it is the consequence of his doing.

• Love 2

Phaedra is no angel but, IMO, if Phaedra was involved Apollo would have handed her over to the Feds on a silver platter to get less time. As far as sleeping with him, she had an itch that she wanted scratched, liked what she saw, a pretty bad boy, and did not count on getting pregnant. I imagine their marriage was to save face for her parents and not out of love.

Their whole relationship prior to the show is somewhat of a mystery. She knew him well prior to his first stint in jail and she was there waiting when he got out. She's not an unattractive woman, she could easily have had her pick of eligible bachelors . There's a tie to Apollo. Is it just sex? I never saw much heat from her toward him. He seemed more enamoured of her. I'm not so sure he has the brains to pull off all these scams alone. Just who used who for what, I'm not sure. But if he's unhinged, she's tied herself to him for a long time with those two boys. Even if he spends 8 yrs in prison, the boys will be quite young when he's released. She won't be rid of him till they're grown. Let's see what she picks as a replacement for him while he's gone. Another pretty bad boy?

I think Phaedra was quite lucky in that the Bravo production crew was there filming.  

Maybe his friend Bun reminded Apollo of this fact and that's why he finally put down that fucking drill and left.

While I tend to think all reality shows are faked, something about that scene and Apollo getting the drill made me uncomfortable. I think this might be another case like the fight from last year where Bravo was just mining the gold of the trainwreck they helped to create. Do I believe Bravo arranged Apollo's presence, yes. Do I think they knew he was going to get a drill, turn it on and approach Phaedra in that manner, no. They simply kept filming with the. Know.edge that if it escalated, they would have it memorialized to advertise, just as they did with thhe fight.

• Love 3

Apollo stormed in the house on the day he was to report to prison, was acting erratic, grabbed a drill and was menacing to Phaedra while she asked him to get away from her several times.  He also admitted to Peter than he threatened to kill her.  What more do you need to hear/see?  Apollo beat and cracked the rib of Brandon on camera.  You think a tiny woman wouldn't be fearful of what he could do to her and her children?  Over half of the marriages in the U.S. fail and I'd venture to guess that a good amount of the failures aren't a result the husband going back to a life of crime and going back to prison.  It's not strange that Phaedra would want nothing to do with Apollo after he publicly embarrassed her, acted inappropriately with another woman on camera and probably cheated on camera.  He was disrespectful and violent.  Whether Phaedra was involved in or knew about Apollo's crimes, that doesn't mean he was a violent, disrespectful cheat when they first got together.

1.) Phaedra believed her husband.  2.) Kenya also flirted openly with Apollo, so her behavior led to Phaedra calling her a whore.  I'm not saying I agree with her calling Kenya that, but Phaedra and Kenya's behavior has not been the same at all...

Apollo was going back to prison and has acted erratically several times on camera before.  He has no tact, no decorum, no dignity and no shame.  He disrespected his wife on camera and beat a man so severely that his ribs were cracked.  Who knows what Apollo was capable of knowing he was about to go to prison for year.  Just because the cameras were there doesn't mean he wouldn't have done something violent.

I don't think the circumstances pertaining to Phaedra, Kenya, and their respective reactions to assertions made by Apollo are disparate at all. To me, they're almost identical: both women have tacitly championed his credibility or dismissed him as an untrustworthy liar depending on situational convenience and whether or not the opportunity to malign the other is present. Either Apollo's word is worth something or it's not; his marriage to Phaedra is irrelevant. When Apollo was painting Kenya as an unhinged stalker, his perspective was gold according to Phaedra. When that perspective failed to benefit her, he had specifically devised a scheme to embarrass her. Likewise, Kenya's readiness to run with any contention made by Apollo is rather rich considering she has spent the better part of two years defending herself against his fabrications.

Phaedra persisted with her almost Pavlovian "Moore whore" remarks well after Apollo had told her on camera repeatedly, "I could have smashed that if I wanted to," etc. If Kenya's present decision to attack Phaedra based on Apollo's claims are ill advised, I personally don't see how it's any more so than Phaedra's choice to revel in misogynistic, slut-shaming epithets subsequent to Apollo's displays during last season.

As for whether or not Phaedra is afraid of Apollo - to me, that's a different question than whether or not Apollo's conduct has been appropriate. I don't know that anyone's arguing the latter (at least I hope they aren't). Apollo is indeed a childish, pathologically irresponsible, and socially disordered man who has already harmed his children through his poor choices. Some individuals probably would have been frightened by his agitation. Others would find it foolish and ridiculous. Phaedra seemed to treat him justifiably as a heated little kid throwing a fit about being sent to time out.

Though, admittedly, I did start to get uncomfortable when he marched back into the garage with the drill.

I don't understand why people would not believe Phaedra is afraid of Apollo, why  would you not believe  Apollo would not hit Phaedra? Did you not see Apollo beat Brandon, so bad he had a cracked rib?  He had no beef with Brandon, the cameras were rolling. Men kill their wives and children everyday, men who have not been in prison kill their wives and children.Men kill their wives and children if there is a restraining order,men kill their wives and children,burn down their house, because they are violent. Apollo has shown with the cameras rolling, he has a propensity for violence. I'm betting Phaedra has seen more.  We don't see their lives 24/7. Phaedra lives her life with Apollo without cameras around, cameras have caught his disrespect for her, him leaving her on the steps in a strange place, he has no regards for Phaedra she knows this. Her not wanting to call the police right away is understandable, she has always tried to protect Apollo, calling the police would have meant more trouble for Apollo, she cared enough to not let that happen. She knew she could go to bed that night and sleep secure because her locks had been changed and Apollo would be locked up. all she had to do was remain calm and not do or say  anything to set him off further. I don't doubt if she had been there alone and he acted like he was acting, if she could get away the police would have been called. 

"Did you not see Apollo beat Brandon so bad he had his ribs cracked?"

This argument is understandable and reasonable in many respects but, to me, is problematic in others. I thought Apollo's savaging of Brandon was appalling and that he should have incurred some sort of criminal charges for his perpetration of it.

However . . . next week we're going to see Phaedra possibly attempt to initiate physical contact against Kenya. Does that automatically suggest she's violent with her children, as well? Does her description of Brandon's beating as an example of the repercussions of "writing a check with their mouth that their butt couldn't cash" or her agreement when Nene started yakking about the "queen in the red pyjamas" deserving what was served to him?

Phaedra herself is demonstrably comfortable enough with violence to support it when the alternative is conceding ground to a woman she doesn't like.

A disregard for physical boundaries has been demonstrated by numerous cast members of these and other reality shows over the course of the genre (see Mob Wives). I don't think all of those individuals are thus, by definition, likely offenders of domestic abuse when camera crews aren't around.

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 6

I wouldn't be surprised if Phaedra knew more than she let on about Apollo's crimes, but as a lawyer and intelligent woman, I believe she's too smart to have been involved.  Even if she was, being complicit in Apollo's white collar crimes doesn't mean she should expect threats to her and her children's safety.

Cop:  She could get a restraining order.

Jennifer:  What's that?  A little piece of paper that says he can't come around?

And to answer a question posed above.  Know who acts that way on camera?  A man who is about to go to prison and feels he has nothing to lose.  A man who has convinced himself his wife was cheating.  A man who can't take responsibility for his own bullshit.  A man who has knowingly lied in the past to make a woman look like she's the one at fault.  That's who acts that way on camera.

I agree about a restraining order.  Besides, Phaedra was away from the house and knew Apollo would be going to prison soon.  She and her children probably weren't alone with him in those final days so a restraining order would have been pointless.  I also agree about him acting that way on camera.  He has shown season after season that he doesn't care about his image.  He grabbed Kenya's ass on camera.  He looked at Kenya's ass on camera.  He disrespected his wife on camera.  He assaulted and cracked a man's rib on camera.  He did all that, but it's not supposed to be a possibility that he could do something to his wife after admitting that he threatened to kill her?  Apollo was given a second chance by Phaedra.  All he had to do was be kept or he could have been a part of the legitimate ventures Phaedra tried to involve him in.  He chose to go back to a life of crime.  He's not a person who worries about his actions.  He clearly does what he wants to do.

I have a problem with circular reasoning.  That means the premise of your argument needs as much proof as the conclusion.  It isn't an undisputed fact that they have faked scenes.  You are certainly entitled to your beliefs, but that hasn't been proven. 

I don't think the circumstances pertaining to Phaedra, Kenya, and their respective reactions to assertions made by Apollo are disparate at all. To me, they're almost identical: 

However . . . next week we're going to see Phaedra possibly attempt to initiate physical contact against Kenya. Does that automatically suggest she's violent with her children, as well? 

The situations aren't identical.  Kenya was being appropriate with Phaedra's husband which is why Phaedra had so much to say about her.  A situation between Apollo, Phaedra and "Mr. Chocolate" has absolutely nothing to do with Kenya and it has not been proven that a "Mr. Chocolate" even exists.

• Love 4

I didn't really buy the Kandi/Todd storyline. It was almost like they had been reading these forums and thought - yes! Airtime! Granted, I don't think they'll last, but, last night seemed scripted. Just like the locksmith who stumbled over his lines.

I watched and listened carefully a second time.

He had a pretty thick accent.  I don't think he fumbled lines.  I think he was just ESL.  

While I tend to think all reality shows are faked, something about that scene and Apollo getting the drill made me uncomfortable. I think this might be another case like the fight from last year where Bravo was just mining the gold of the trainwreck they helped to create. Do I believe Bravo arranged Apollo's presence, yes. Do I think they knew he was going to get a drill, turn it on and approach Phaedra in that manner, no. They simply kept filming with the. Know.edge that if it escalated, they would have it memorialized to advertise, just as they did with thhe fight.

Yeah, I agree with that.

It almost had to be production or a neighbor he's buddies with who informed him locksmiths were showing up at the house.  I also saw a Comcast truck across the street from Phaedra's house, so there were apparently at least 2-3 work trucks right there at her house.

Or maybe his buddy, Bun, was cruising by and called him.  

While it could have been a shit-stirring neighbor, Bun, or Bravo, I tend to lean more toward Bravo alerting him to the fact they were at the house and Phaedra was having the locks changed or that something was going down at the house and he might want to go check it out.

Too bad Apollo hadn't turned himself in that morning.  Bravo wouldn't have had their scary-assed ratings machine in full gear.  

I thought the entire scenario was uncomfortable up to the point where he came back and grabbed the drill.

Then it became a little too real and frightening.

If Bravo did contact him and suggest he come by, that was really irresponsible.

Assuming all we saw unfold is real, it makes me uncomfortable to believe Bravo is potentially putting their people in harm's way by playing their little behind-the-scene ratings games.  

Just because a camera is rolling doesn't mean you're safe.  

YouTube has an overwhelming amount of evidence of this.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 1

I have a problem with circular reasoning. That means the premise of your argument needs as much proof as the conclusion. It isn't an undisputed fact that they have faked scenes. You are certainly entitled to your beliefs, but that hasn't been proven.

I guess it depends what you mean by "proven." True, there hasn't been a verdict of guilt in a court of law over Bravo's shenanigans, but testimonials and info.. and even documents (smoking guns!) have made the rounds. It's reality TV after all! I don't think RH's are as fake/bad as they come, but I think they set up scenes and see where it goes, with occasional "advice" on how to play a scene. And these Housewives are desperate, as they say, so they go along.