Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Grammy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, mojoween said:

Ugh.  She’s doing this as Gaga; I was hoping for more Ally.  Nothing against Gaga but.

Same here. As soon as I saw her outfit, I thought, "Oh no. Please change into jeans and a t-shirt." Still love the song, though.

• Love 2

Janelle politely clapping in her square hat made me guffaw. 

Having said that, I like that song much better as a duet. Is she normally like that when she performs? Because I was gonna see her in Vegas hahaha. I need to know!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Neeners said:

Janelle politely clapping in her square hat made me guffaw. 

Having said that, I like that song much better as a duet. Is she normally like that when she performs? Because I was gonna see her in Vegas hahaha. I need to know!

I think she's doing two shows in Vegas, one more subdued (for lack of a better word in my small word arsenal) and one more flashy.  So you can pick the Gaga you're looking for. 

Edited by ebk57

I like Gaga and love the song, but that performance seemed rather herky-jerky (a la Joe Cocker).  Agree a more nuanced performance (jeans and tee) would be more fitting.   As I sit here on my bed in front of the TV. 😜😜😜

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ebk57 said:

I think she's doing two shows in Vegas, one more subdued (for lack of a better word in my small word arsenal) and one more flashy.  So you can pick the Gaga you're looking for. 

Good to know. Thanks for the info!

2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Ugh.  She’s doing this as Gaga; I was hoping for more Ally.  Nothing against Gaga but.

I liked the glam rock look especially after all the press about how Bradley was able to elicit her performance by not allowing her to wear makeup for the role.  I kept on seeing this back in the fall and it made me skip the movie.  I see this performance as a subtle FU to all the journalists who reported on this.  Whether barefaced or full on glam, Gaga has talent.

• Love 4
Just now, Thumper said:

What?  JLo doing the Motown tribute????!!!    No.  She is not worthy.

Like Miley doing the Dolly tribute. Please.

At least Miley has some connection to Dolly (she's her goddaughter). 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

Like, if she wanted to sing the songs, great, fine.  But Motown songs do not need to be sexed up, and I don’t care how fuddy-duddy that makes me sound.

Agreed. I think they had to do that to make up for the um...lack of talent otherwise. 

• Love 5

Only tuned in for the last couple of performances, but now I feel the need to cleanse my ears by blasting some rock music. Also reminding me that I don't know who half these 'musicians' are.

Mumbling + auto-tune does not = music. 

Also, what a disgrace to Motown.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I need to stop looking at Twitter. People are having emotional meltdowns and dying of pride for that group of BTS boys.... for presenting an award. What dimension am I in? 

I looked up their ages. I was sure they were tweens. One is 25.

Need more wine.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Ok did they just say there are four awards left, PLUS the Aretha tribute, PLUS “In Memoriam?”  This show will end tomorrow.

Also I keep seeing on Twitter that Fantasia is part of the Aretha tribute and  nope.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Neeners said:

Oh great. Nightmares tonight. (Us commercial)

I have to look away from the TV when it comes on...which is way too often.

5 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Ok did they just say there are four awards left, PLUS the Aretha tribute, PLUS “In Memoriam?”  This show will end tomorrow.

Also I keep seeing on Twitter that Fantasia is part of the Aretha tribute and  nope.

Show goes till 11:30 - although I still think that will be pushing it. 

I may need more wine..

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Fantasia and Andra Day - still coming up.  Love Andra!

Oh - wine bottle empty... 

Edited by ebk57

There's still three more awards, plus the In Memoriam and Aretha Franklin tribute? This is going way past 11:30.

Why are the Oscars the only show that gets mocked for its length?? All the other awards shows are at least three hours, this one's going to be pushing four.

• Love 3