Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Grammy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Favorite Dolly song is probably "I Will Always Love You," followed by "Islands in the Stream" (duet with Kenny Rogers), and "Coat of Many Colors."  Probably forgetting some. ❤️  What a talented singer and songwriter!

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Never heard of this musician HERS ( hope I got that right), but very impressed with her voice!  (Did I mention I am old???!  lol)

Same! Old and I really liked it. Haha. I have to say, I don't understand BTS. But again... old.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Never heard of this musician HERS ( hope I got that right), but very impressed with her voice!  (Did I mention I am old???!  lol)

I hadn't heard of her until the Red Carpet show, but I just said the same thing to Mr. ebk.  She's quite good. 

• Love 3

Cardi B seems like someone who I would very much get along with IRL.  I didn’t really understand much of what she was saying, but I liked it anyways.  Also I liked that feather thing.

Honestly I don’t know much current music.  Can I join the old party?  I’ll bring the Metamucil.  

Edited by mojoween
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

I liked H.E.R. too. It's kinda awkward trying to discuss her when she's ended up going by a such a general word to describe a woman. Her real name is Gabriella Wilson. I've always thought Gabriella was a really pretty name.

People were impressed and thought that Cardi B disaster was good? It looked like they had to pan out at least once due to what she was choosing to do on stage. She has a good voice and seems to actually be talented. I wish she didn't feel like she still had to act like a stripper on stages though. (She actually was one in her past)

I'm reading my comments realizing I'm sounding like my Nana. She'd be proud. 

Edited by Jaded
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I was just playing HQ Trivia and they showed a pic of J-Lo’s famous dress and holy hell were we ever really that repressed?  That dress was a burlap sack compared to stuff people wear nowadays.

I went off to play HQ for a bit too. It glitched on me with the Steely Dan question. Boo.

Alicia Keys doesn't have the energy to carry an awards show. It also doesn't help most of the musical numbers are so slow.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Ricky Martin's mustache is interesting to say the least...

I'm wondering if the mention of vaginas during Janelle's song is going to be mentioned in the critiques people are going to write up about the show afterwards. I don't care one way or the other personally. It's just one of those things some people like to point out instead of focusing on the bigger events.

Whoever is directing this show may not be doing so again. That Alicia/John screwup after their little bit was pretty bad.

Janelle's special solo show was fucking awesome!  This girl can dance,  sing,  and play all at the same time! !!! 

I Flove the vagina dresses. They were in the special too.

Seriously,  her solo special was incredible, and I am old. I will love her forever.  

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

Indeed we do!  I may get through an entire bottle tonight.

And that was some fine two-piano playing of Scott Joplin by Alicia. 

As a musician myself I always love seeing people playing their own music. Now get off my lawn! I haven't listened to the radio in months (podcasts have been my jam lately) but I still know who most of these people are. 

And.... don't be dissing my LL! That is one fine piece of man right there and I wish he still hosted the Grammy's. He used to host A Very Grammy Christmas but I didn't see one on last year. Must not have done well. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Janelle's special solo show was fucking awesome!  This girl can dance,  sing,  and play all at the same time! !!! 

I Flove the vagina dresses. They were in the special too.

Seriously,  her solo special was incredible, and I am old. I will love her forever.  

I really liked the song and what she did tonight. I didn't mean to make it come across like I was insulting her in any way. I enjoy Janelle and her music too.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Neeners said:

I like these guys. Of course I missed who it was. Wine.

1 minute ago, Catgyrl said:

Dan and Shay singing "Tequila". I liked them, too.

At first I thought they were called Wine.  But Tequila works too...  🙂

• Love 2

Oh hahaha Drake starts saying Grammys don’t matter and not only did they cue the music, it slammed right to a commercial.  There must be some juicy gossip there.  I mean, if he didn’t want it, why did he come?

• Love 3

I thought Drake was rather patronizing to the other nominees, telling them that as long as they have people showing up for their concerts, and spending their hard-earned money on tickets, that they didn't need a Grammy. Well, let's see him give his up, then.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Catgyrl said:

I thought Drake was rather patronizing to the other nominees, telling them that as long as they have people showing up for their concerts, and spending their hard-earned money on tickets, that they didn't need a Grammy. Well, let's see him give his up, then.

He's never seemed like someone who's very self-aware.

I just realized we're over two hours into the show. I remember things seemed to go by a lot slower last year.

• Love 2