Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Drama Queens

• Start Topic

I admit to being baffled by this statement.  Brandi is a raging alcoholic.  Kim is severely struggling(and failing) with staying sober from pills and/or maybe alcohol.  I don't see how Brandi can be a positive influence when she is drunk in their interactions.  Like I have no clue what support Brandi is allegedly giving Kim.  Brandi is doing way more than just listening to Kim, she told Kim that Kim's sister doesn't care about her.  In the Poker episode she was drunkenly telling everyone that the sisters hate each other.  I don't even like Kim and I wouldn't want Brandi near her.

Well they are grown adults.  And I don’t think Brandi is a raging alcoholic. I think alcoholic is a go to diagnosis that the housewives like to jump to waaaaaayyyyy too quickly. I don’t agree with Brandi making those statements but only because it’s going to blow up in her face and make her the bad guy and not because it isn’t true. Brandi’s that friend that won’t like you because her friend doesn’t want her to and she’s only telling Kim what she wants to here about Kyle because no one really takes her side about Kyle. Plus Brandi does believe it so it’s a plus that Kim gives her permission to actually say it out loud.  I think it’s in bad taste and extremely stupid of Brandi cause Kim and Kyle have that relationship where they can go at it but at the end of the day they will be back to whatever relationship they had while the person being the bad guy gets to hold the bag and Kim won’t be able to protect Brandi from the damage done to what little friendship Kyle and Brandi were working towards. I do think Kim wants Brandi to validate all her negative feelings about Kyle and that’s all I’m seeing Brandi doing cause as I’ve said before she’s just not too bright.  I don’t think Kim is wrong for wanting that either but in the long run Kim looking toward outsiders to support her resentments of her family just brings a big messy mess to the already messy equation.

I guess you have a lot more faith than I do that Brandi can in any way be a positive influence on Kim's life. I realize that Brandi is claiming that she wants to step in and take over the role that Kyle has played in Kim's life the past couple of decades or so but I can't see why I should believe her or why I should ignore the obvious signs that show why Brandi is clearly not a suitable "best friend" to have if Kim really is committed to sober living.

Suitable or not that’s what Kim wants around her. I can’t understand where one minute Kim needs to be in control of her own life. Responsible for her actions. Deal with wine tastings on her own, and not expect Kyle to fix things for her to make her daily routine more bearable and in the next instant she’s supposed to allow Kyle be as imposing as she gets, puts everything on the line whenever she feels Kim isn’t doing right by her. I mean Kyle can’t have it both ways ESPECIALLY with someone that is as much of a mess as her damn sister is. Sheesh! So whenever Kim makes decisions that Kyle doesn’t like it has to be about her addiction steering her in the wrong direction? If Kim is never free to make mistakes without it always becoming such a shit show with Kyle as the director with the bullhorn then DAYYUMMM!  Goodness gracious now wonder Kim doesn’t know what day it is. Shit if I had to deal with all that crap I’d be high all the time too with the permanent mantra of Fuck it written across my forehead.

Would you want Brandi to be BFFs with your (hypothetical) unstable, mentally ill sister?

So Kim shouldn’t be coddled or treated like a wouded bird UNLESS Kyle decides she doesn’t like the way something’s going and decides to be involved because her “supportive sister” title may lose credibility and there’s a person in the mix that may jeopardize Kim and Kyles relationship? Every other life experience is on Kim to handle on her own without expecting Kyle to, but the minute the Richard sisters relationship is criticized, then and only then is Kyle and everyone around allowed to hop to and "protect" Kim? Which is it? Kim needs protecting or she needs to live her life mistakes and all?  Kim’s too fragile and mentally unstable to deal with Brandi’s friendship or Kim needs to buck up, and take responsibility for her life?

Befriending Brandi is her moving forward with her life. Right, wrong, risky or not. Bumpy rounds, potential roadkill. Who knows but I don’t think holding Kim hostage to her past is going to get her on the right track to her future and as crazy as it sounds I think Brandi gives her a feeling of freedom. Freedom to try, freedom to fail, freedom to make mistakes and still not be judged and that’s not something she wants just because she wants the freedom to get high. I think Kim wants it because that’s what everyone wants. To know that they will be loved even if they mess up and not worry about being alone. Kim knows she’s going to battle with this for the rest of her life. She probably even knows (cause by now she’s already got the years of proof) that she will always fall off the wagon but I think what Kim hopes and tries for is that the fall happens further and further apart. I can only imagine what it does to Kim’s fortitude to see how disappointed Kyle is of her and I don’t like that Kyle makes it such a point to air that disappointment and I don’t mean for the cameras. I would believe that Kyle shows her disappointment with Kim with great luster whether the cameras are on or off and to me that like kicking someone when they’re down. If Kyle can’t be a positive supporter (and its definitely understandable if she was too drained at this point)  then that only hinders Kim’s progress and that’s where I think Brandi’s whole “wants to see Kim fail” mantra stemmed from. I just can't garner enough sympathy for Kyle that makes me feel like she's more of a victim than Kim. Kim's has a disease. A fightable one of course but a lifelong disease. Kyle suffers because of it no doubt but the one that lives with the risk of it taking their life both figuratively and literally is the one where my heart will always go out to first.

• Love 3

Brandi needs to shut it.  Wasn't there a story about her going around saying she slept with Gerard Butler?  Then they asked him and he said he didn't remember her, or she never told him her name or something.  The woman needs help if she's bragging about how she slept with a famous man who can't even remember her name.  

• Love 7

Yes, poor, sweet Brandi, attacked for no reason by an irrational woman. Someone call the whaaaaambulance for her.

Here is the beginning of the fight.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/videos/playlist?clip=2844139

If you let the clip roll, it the goes to a short Faye Resnick is my friend clip from Lisa R, but then back to when the argument between Kyle, Kim, and Brandi gets really vicious.

Honestly, Kyle was NOT "apologizing."  She is talking to her friends, who are trying their best to calm her down and make her act in a reasonable way, but she works herself into a lather, fury pouring from her, and attacks.  Brandi actually handle it very well for quite a while.  Then Kyle (2nd clip after Faye) really goes nuts, attacking Kim for not choosing Kyle over Brandi, attacking Brandi with a lot of F-bombs, and Brandi finally fights back.

I transcribed a bunch of the first section here:

KYLE:
I want to of course apologize to you..
BRANDI
Should we do this in front of everyone?
KYLE:
I apologize for pushing your arm down but I do think you should know better than to come between two sisters like that when you don't know any history about us.  (no breaths taken in that sentence, or pauses)
(talking head Brandi)
BRANDI
I know a lot of history about you and
KYLE (interrupting)
No you don't Brandi, no you don't
BRANDI
I accept your apology but I do.
KYLE
No you don't
You know, you've been friends for 6 months
BRANDI
OK

*snip*

Again, so what?  How does any of this absolve Brandi from being the same asshat we have seen on our screens for the last interminably long three years in any way?  I don't like Kyle, but I refuse to say 'Oh, you fucking asshole' because Brandi is a drunk who is enabling her sister.  Who could die.  Because she's a junkie.  So yeah, I give Kyle a pass.

• Love 16

What I don't understand is why are "their gays" more than happy to prance around like little puppies on leashes? I cringe when the women say it but then I think both sides are wrong for keeping it going.

Probably because they are all attention-whores, and possibly only "friends" because one of them is on TV.  No RHBH, no Cal/whoever else was there.

I completely forgot the show was on last night, I guess except for reading the fantastic commentary here, I'm done with the show.  ThIs is FAR more fun than actually watching.

My husband taught me this years ago, ironically with regard to politics, but I think it generally holds true to some extent. He is the most independent thinker imaginable, and doesn't ever come down totally on one side or the other. He is very detached about it and never gets emotionally involved in a political debate or issue, but he loves the debate. My family is involved in politics, including my sister who worked in the White House for 8 years. She is an accomplished attorney and can argue her party politics all day long, except with my husband, who doesn't really care at all.  He drives us her (and the rest of us) nuts because we get emotional and passionate in trying to state our case, defend our cause. He doesn't and he wins every time, even when talking to my brilliant sister who knows her facts.  It is the emotion that gets you in the end.

That is so fascinating to me. I saw a documentary on Prop 8 (on HBO if anyone's interested- it was fantastic), and it was fascinating to watch the attorneys prepare their oral arguments for their appearance in front of the Supreme Court. Total lack of emotion! On such a personal and emotionally charged topic. But at least they picked a side. I want to tread lightly, since the last thing I want to do is insult the hubby of the mom from Motor City, but how do you debate a topic when you haven't picked a side? I know Brandi's involvement with Kim and Kyle's dynamic is one example, but it pains me to link your husband with Brandi in any way! Sorry, don't want to get too OT...

• Love 3

That.right.there. 

Who wouldn't spin around to see what the hell she was digging into your arm and then shake the offending leech off?  Looks like fingernails to me.  And then on the tape, you can see where Kyle's bracelets get her, too.  And while we're discussing it as far as Brandi throwing the pizza down?  I call B.S. on that too.  After Kyle grabbed her, Brandi spun and the pizza flew.  She did not throw it down.  I hate that I'm defending Brandi.

Hee! You in danger, girl.

• Love 4

The clip shows VERY clearly that Kyle didn't go to Brandi to apologize, she went to FIGHT.

That's fine.  That's a housewife show.  I just don't like it twisted into "poor Kyle was TRYING to apologize and smooth things over."  because, yeah, no, obviously, and that clip and the clip that follows it shows Kyle's intentions very clearly, and her friends trying to stop her.

• Love 7

Monty could go down for furnishing.  Which he would probably get sentenced to diversion.

He would be dead before the plea bargain. I still think Kim stole it from him. Bitch can't even keep her lies straight.

• Love 6

This thing with Kyle and Kim reminds me of when a wife, for instance, accuses the another woman of threatening her marriage.  Of coming between her and her husband.  If you really blame the other woman for any of the causes of the problems you have in your marriage, I don't know what to tell ya.  The other woman is a bitch of a blip on the radar screen and should be treated as such.

Kyle needs to stop reacting to Brandi.  But she won't because she knows the Kim drama has driven this show for how many seasons now? 

Ex. Act. Ly.  Brandi probably sucks, and she might be even a drunk, but she's an easy target. Kyle is just delaying the inevitable "so long - see you at your one year! And I'm leaving after the cake!" she will have to say to her very sick and very tedious sister.   

Can you imagine being her sponsor? (Yes, I'm also the worst.)

• Love 3

The clip shows VERY clearly that Kyle didn't go to Brandi to apologize, she went to FIGHT.

That's fine.  That's a housewife show.  I just don't like it twisted into "poor Kyle was TRYING to apologize and smooth things over."  because, yeah, no, obviously, and that clip and the clip that follows it shows Kyle's intentions very clearly, and her friends trying to stop her.

Who said anything about poor Kyle trying to apologize?  I haven't read that in anyone's posts.  People seem to understand very clearly what it was she was going to do.  What I'm saying (because I don't want to speak for anyone) is that I'm with her on it.  I would have done much the same thing.  I don't think I've seen anyone on this board paint Kyle with the poor and innocent brush, just agree with what she did and that they probably would have done it too.  

• Love 18

Had Kyle just blown off Kim's attempt to provoke ("Thanks, Kyle") because she's been down that road 3,876 times before - she would've stayed in that kitchen eating kids' pancakes, let Kim and Brandi leave and the confrontation at the door would have never happened. 

Let's say even IF Brandi would have left them alone, I don't think the Richard sisters are capable of handling this and moving on. Ever. 

Had Kyle just said-bye at the junction-it would have been a whole Kim on camera on the way home all by herself talking about how Kyle is not there for her and here she is having to ride home all alone.

• Love 5

Befriending Brandi is her moving forward with her life. Right, wrong, risky or not......I think Brandi gives her a feeling of freedom. Freedom to try, freedom to fail, freedom to make mistakes and still not be judged and that’s not something she wants just because she wants the freedom to get high. I think Kim wants it because that’s what everyone wants. To know that they will be loved even if they mess up and not worry about being alone. Kim knows she’s going to battle with this for the rest of her life. She probably even knows (cause by now she’s already got the years of proof) that she will always fall off the wagon but I think what Kim hopes and tries for is that the fall happens further and further apart.

How about the freedom to kill herself? What you're describing is not love or care for a friend - it's good, old-fashioned enabling. Hence the expression "loving them to death." Kyle doesn't want her sister to die, and Brandi, in the end, doesn't give a fuck.

• Love 19

As a gay man, I laugh at Andy Cohen being 'offended' by the term 'my gay'.. but I bet he's used offensive terms toward straight women in secret (i.e. fag hag, breeders, etc).  Personally I think those terms are way more offensive then being referred to as 'my gay'.  Since it appears that these women favor their accessories more then their husbands and children.

• Love 6

Had Kyle just said-bye at the junction-it would have been a whole Kim on camera on the way home all by herself talking about how Kyle is not there for her and here she is having to ride home all alone.

Ohhh, that reminds me.

I found this little excerpt from Kyle's blog curious.

We left the bathroom, and I thought Kim and I were fine and we would talk later privately. The "party" was clearly wrapping up, and I ALSO thought it was best Kim leave, but wanted her to eat something before she left in a car with cameras.

"With cameras."

Me thinks Kyle was trying to sober up a clearly fucked up Kim because she was afraid of what Kim might blather on about in that ride, what skeletons her intoxicated state might cause to leak from her lips.  .

I didn't think there was a single thing wrong with that excerpt until those last two words..."with cameras."  

Kyle should have stopped the sentence with "before she left in a car."

I'm totally on Kyle's side in this shitstorm, but those last two words speak volumes to me.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 5

And this, after having been through the wringer god knows how many times that we haven't seen with Kim--who, let us keep at the forefront, is a junkie who seems to have never been on the wagon and is at a very real risk of dying--makes Kyle a naughty naughty mean girl how, exactly?

Pfft.  I would have been right up there with her telling her to get away and stay away, and to not get in my business ever again.  

Now, If Kim wants to kill herself with Brandi?  No, Kyle has no control over that.  But I'd be damned if I'd sit there and watch it happen without making some noise about it.  

Brandi is walking human garbage, and I honestly cannot believe there is any defense for this shit she's pulling, on any level.

Edited by haydensterling
  • Love 17

I wish Brandi would have just laughed at Kyle as Kyle worked herself up into a lather.  It would have been glorious.

The main problem with these three fighting is that, they are all pretty stupid women.  Evenly matched IQ-wise, but we are never going to get more than "you did!"  and "no YOU did!" and Kyle provoking physical fighting, and then, if Brandi even pushes Kyle off her, it's all on Brandi because she's taller.  If it was like wrestling though, and went only by weight class, I think Brandi and Kyle would be in the same group.

They just aren't very smart, mentally, or emotionally, so the fights are extra embarrassing and much less entertaining, although they do get people talking.

• Love 4

That is so fascinating to me. I saw a documentary on Prop 8 (on HBO if anyone's interested- it was fantastic), and it was fascinating to watch the attorneys prepare their oral arguments for their appearance in front of the Supreme Court. Total lack of emotion! On such a personal and emotionally charged topic. But at least they picked a side. I want to tread lightly, since the last thing I want to do is insult the hubby of the mom from Motor City, but how do you debate a topic when you haven't picked a side? I know Brandi's involvement with Kim and Kyle's dynamic is one example, but it pains me to link your husband with Brandi in any way! Sorry, don't want to get too OT...

I know -- I take it back too MCM -- Washington DC ... been here all my life -- we all get drilled in this stuff from when we are little little and I'm the hippiest of the hippies still.  Just can't sign off on it because it's soooo damaging in the end if momentarily winning and sexy.  Waaaah.  Blanky -- Come help me pack for the off camera mega-fab trip to Italy.

Lovw and get the MCM comments about making it downtown and the reasons why.  Just lost my shit. 

I don't believe Kim even has a sponsor.  I really don't.  She definitely doesn't use twelve step.

It sounds as if she's almost using Brandi as a pseudo-sponsor, what with the 2 am phone calls and all.  

Which, of course, is destined to be an epic fail since non-sober people do not an appropriate sponsor make.  

Especially one like Brandi, who seems to shrug off Kim's proclivity for substance abuse as "well, she can't help it."

Plus Kim seems to be obstinate.  I'd be willing to bet any group sobriety work she did ended as soon as she walked out of the rehab facility doors.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 12
How about the freedom to kill herself? What you're describing is not love or care for a friend - it's good, old-fashioned enabling. Hence the expression "loving them to death." Kyle doesn't want her sister to die, and Brandi, in the end, doesn't give a fuck.

Not if Kim is putting forth a real effort or at least as best she can which I believe she is doing. Being supportive isn't always "enabling". There's a fine line and in all honesty I don't think this friendship with Brandi is such a catalyst for Kyle to be all up in arms about PLUS from what I've seen all the shrieking and outrage is more about Kyle being butt hurt about Brandi being involved and not about Kyle worrying about Brandi possibly causing her sister to wind up dead in a ditch somewhere. That's a serious stretch I must say.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 4

Not if Kim is putting forth a real effort or at least as best she can which I believe she is doing. Being supportive isn't always "enabling". There's a fine line and in all honesty I don't think this friendship with Brandi is such a catalyst for Kyle to all up in arms about PLUS from what I've seen all the shrieking and outrage is more about Kyle being butt hurt about Brandi being involved and not about Kyle worrying about Brandi possibly causing her sister to wind up dead in a ditch somewhere. That's a serious stretch I must say.

Brandi isn't being supportive.  She's excusing the behavior.  I'm sorry but the fact that Kim took a pill, any pill, is a HUGE GARGANTUAN red flag.  Big.

Did I say it was big?

It's big.  Brandi suggesting that she only did it because she was in pain or she'd had a rough week is enabling.  Hugely so.  

• Love 20

We left the bathroom, and I thought Kim and I were fine and we would talk later privately. The "party" was clearly wrapping up, and I ALSO thought it was best Kim leave, but wanted her to eat something before she left in a car with cameras.

"With cameras."

Me thinks Kyle was trying to sober up a clearly fucked up Kim because she was afraid of what Kim might blather on about in that ride, what skeletons her intoxicated state might cause to leak from her lips.  .

Hmm. I read that part differently. I think she's trying to say that she wanted to sober Kim up before she went in a car with cameras to show that she was trying to prevent her from being further embarrassed on camera. Especially since LisaR definitely would have said to Kyle that Kim was acting wonky on the ride over. <Shrug> It's easy to spin it either way. If you're pro-Kyle, you can say this is an example of her trying to be a good sister. If you're anti-Kyle, well, you can read it the other way.

I'm not particularly pro-Kyle, but I'm definitely anti-Brandi. I think in general, Kyle's not the brightest bulb and really doesn't know how to control her emotions when Brandi is saying things like "I'm there for Kim and you're not!". And I totally second the people who say that Brandi is disingenuous and using Kim. Honestly, I think Brandi is a garbage person, plain and simple. She's rude and crude, she's nasty, and she's a mean violence-inclined drunk. I want her gone.

• Love 11

Oh one more thing, Brandi isn't the one coming between sisters.  Kim is.  Kim's addiction is the problem.  Not Brandi.  Kim and Kyle have been having problems for years.  Where have we heard Kyle accusing Kim of not backing her up before like we did last night with the Mauricio accusation?  Way back in season 1 when she asks Kim why she didn't back her up with Camille.  

These sisters have been at it for years.  A couple of years ago, Ken (Kim's boyfriend, not Ken Todd Lol)  was the problem.  Now Brandi is the problem.  The problem is Kim and her addictions.  Other people are pawns to deflect from accountability.  Kyle uses Brandi as a scapegoat too.  Who cares what drunken Brandi says?  Who cares really Kyle?  Everything that comes out of her came right from Kim.  Funny that Kim and Kyle reconciled, but Brandi is still the scapegoat.  That's the only reason why Brandi should "never get between sisters."  

Thank you! This is really the core issue and it's Kim and Kyle's to deal with. However, addicts are brilliant at deflection and codependants are habitualized into taking the bait and protecting the "secret".  They go along with the deflection, Kyle goes for it with enthusiasm so she doesn't have to deal with the truth.  It's terribly, terribly difficult to break that pattern and a perpetual sadness for those of us who have done it, it isn't a perfect process and if I run into my addict sister by accident, unprepared I can slip up as well. This does not absolve Brandi of her own heinous behavior, in any way.

Edited by thewhiteowl
Ugh, double negative.
  • Love 9

Brandi needs to get over herself. First and foremost she should have never ever have gone to Kyle's event. Secondly in her talking head she's calling Kim out on no longer being sober, but Kim feels like Kyle betrayed her.... GTFO of here with the foolishness! Brandi not only needs to be fired but she should not be able to ever aappear on television again!

Edited by howivesforever
  • Love 8

Befriending Brandi is her moving forward with her life. Right, wrong, risky or not. Bumpy rounds, potential roadkill. Who knows but I don’t think holding Kim hostage to her past is going to get her on the right track to her future and as crazy as it sounds I think Brandi gives her a feeling of freedom. Freedom to try, freedom to fail, freedom to make mistakes and still not be judged and that’s not something she wants just because she wants the freedom to get high. I think Kim wants it because that’s what everyone wants. To know that they will be loved even if they mess up and not worry about being alone. Kim knows she’s going to battle with this for the rest of her life. She probably even knows (cause by now she’s already got the years of proof) that she will always fall off the wagon but I think what Kim hopes and tries for is that the fall happens further and further apart.

I agree with you, in that I think people aught to be free to do what they want to their own bodies (not anyone else's) but this is where you lose me.  That's fine if Kim wants to be free -- but she better step it the fuck up then and claim her choices.  She needs to be 100% responsible for what she does and says.  Freedom comes with a hell of a lot of responsibility.  And one thing Kim ain't, is responsible.  She makes other people responsible for her thoughts, feelings, words, and deeds.  So, why does she get the freedom to drug it up but not the burden of taking care of herself and owning her choices and dealing with the pitfalls of being judged and treated accordingly for it? 

And Kim is loved, and she knows it.  She has sisters, nieces and nephews, ex husbands, friends, and her own children who love her.  Many of her family members have spoken very highly of her.  It's just not enough for her.  No amount of love will be enough.  Her addict mentality bleeds into her emotions as well and makes her needy and obsessed with having more, more, more.  And if Kim finds herself alone, then she needs to look at herself and figure out why.  Is it her own behavior that has caused people to distance themselves from her?  Is it her own behavior that doesn't want the very people who love her in her life?  Is it her choice of friends and lovers, who leave her once the fun is over? 

Kim *is* free to do as she wants and she does and she is.  Kyle is not the one imprisoning her .. once again, that is Kim. 

• Love 19

And this, after having been through the wringer god knows how many times that we haven't seen with Kim--who, let us keep at the forefront, is a junkie who seems to have never been off the wagon and is at a very real risk of dying--makes Kyle a naughty naughty mean girl how, exactly?

Pfft.  I would have been right up there with her telling her to get away and stay away, and to not get in my business ever again.  

Now, If Kim wants to kill herself with Brandi?  No, Kyle has no control over that.  But I'd be damned if I'd sit there and watch it happen without making some noise about it.  

Brandi is walking human garbage, and I honestly cannot believe there is any defense for this shit she's pulling, on any level.

Yeah but Brandi is NOT the problem; she's exactly what she was set up to be, a foil.  My take is that if Kyle really wanted to intervene meaningfully she'd a) draw a line and then back off and/or b) roll her eyes at Brandi and then deal honestly with kim - likely away from cameras or less dramatically.

Brandi may be human garbage, a conniving shit-heel but she is likely not even that interesting!

Ugh, admittedly, this drives me crazy (so I'll try and own this).  There is NO WAY that after all of this time, after Kyle had the cognizance to call Kim exactly what she is back in the limo a hundred years ago, after all this family drama, after what I assume are rehabs, family therapies, AA meetings, fucking CODA, Al-Anon, just a single attendance that these ladies have any excuse, other than there respective dependencies, for the way they are dealing with this matter.

Unless they are fucking dumb. I mean, look, I think incompetence and stupidity are big variables in bad sobrieties.  Might not be a popular opinion.  Nonetheless there is probably a link between acting like a moron, wasting your life and time at the expense of other lives, and what i imagine to be the kind of capital N narcissism that only the Land of Oz can generate.

No matter how whatever Brand is, Kim sucks.

And Kyle whines in bad faith.  The only thing I see Brandi guilty of, and it's also what I'm invested in, is playing the distraction these two idiots can fake-fight over.  Does that make her a despicable pile of shit?  Maybe.  But that would mean I'd have to actually care about her.  At best, she's as dumb as the Richards sisters.  Again, I don't defend Brandi, she just doesn't strike me as the real object of contention here.

Okay, I soooo need to work.  Andy Cohen has stolen enough of my labour!

(thanks guys.  Who else can I discuss this with?  I'm living in the middle east with my partner.  Talking about my beloved RH franchise means a lot)

• Love 7

No, no.  Brandi is sweet, and kind-hearted, and a gentle soul.  We see this play out every single week on this show. She never threatens anyone, she never makes fucked up decisions, she doesn't get wasted and say the hurtful shit that you told her in a moment of weakness or thinking maybe she's your friend, she doesn't blow through people's lives like some kind of tornado with a brain that knows exactly where it needs to land to do the most damage.

Brandi is cunning as fuck, and I'll give her that with honors.  Hell, I'll even say that I envy her wardrobe and wish I could still pull that shit off sometimes, and that I used to like her.  No more, sorry.

What Brandi is not--and has never been--is a damsel in distress.  She really, really doesn't need anyone to defend her bullshit when it comes to Kim Richards and Kim's inability to stay sober, because Brandi is playing with someone's life.  

In my opinion.  

And I don't like Kim Richards either.  

Edited by haydensterling
  • Love 17

"Kyle's an attention seeking whore. Horrible sister. C**t of a bitch"- Brandi.

After hearing this, I hope Kyle is done with Brandi forevah.  Whore?  Cunt?  Bitch?

I never would have apologized to Brandi for the poker night fiasco, not after Brandi called Kyle stupid at that poker table.  There would be no more Brandi as far as I was concerned after that, much less allowing her to stay at an event that I didn't invite her to, and no way would I be apologizing. 

• Love 13

I think Kim's cigarette should have it's own facebook page. 

How many times was the word "pain" mentioned? Anyone?

Kim has not given the same answer twice about how long she was in the hospital...I heard her say 7 or 8 days when talking to Brandi, then it was 5 days when she was at the party, in the blog it was 9 days...I guess when you are in a Haldol haze you don't count so well. 

I was so unimpressed by Yolanda's luggage, I have nicer luggage!  Did Blanca put David's suits in that duffle bag?

Not being very familiar with Lisa R. or Eileen I wondered how they would be with this group, turns out they are great!  Love their sideline commentaries about Brandi, Kim and Kyle. 

• Love 8

Brandi isn't being supportive.  She's excusing the behavior.  I'm sorry but the fact that Kim took a pill, any pill, is a HUGE GARGANTUAN red flag.  Big.

And where in Kyle and Kim interactions from the bathroom scene to Kyle's party is Kyle referring to that pill or her concern about that pill?

Kim *is* free to do as she wants and she does and she is.  Kyle is not the one imprisoning her .. once again, that is Kim.

Well not if Kyle is chasing after her, frog crying and slobbering over wanting Kim to choose between her or Brandi. It's quite obvious that Kim has to own up to XYZ but at the same time needs to make sure that she isn't disappointing or better yet embarrassing little sis in the process.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 4

Brandi isn't being supportive.  She's excusing the behavior.  I'm sorry but the fact that Kim took a pill, any pill, is a HUGE GARGANTUAN red flag.  Big.

Did I say it was big?

It's big.  Brandi suggesting that she only did it because she was in pain or she'd had a rough week is enabling.  Hugely so.  

Brandi's the Great Enabler, that is why Kim likes her so much.

I am still wondering why if Kim told Lisa R that Monty was out of town, then how did he give her a pill?  Nobody has questioned that, hmmmm.

• Love 3

I don't believe Kim even has a sponsor.  I really don't.  She definitely doesn't use twelve step.

Not if Kim is putting forth a real effort or at least as best she can which I believe she is doing. Being supportive isn't always "enabling". There's a fine line and in all honesty I don't think this friendship with Brandi is such a catalyst for Kyle to be all up in arms about PLUS from what I've seen all the shrieking and outrage is more about Kyle being butt hurt about Brandi being involved and not about Kyle worrying about Brandi possibly causing her sister to wind up dead in a ditch somewhere. That's a serious stretch I must say.

If Kim is putting forth a "real effort," than I'm Michelle Obama. Kim has been a serious addict for most, if not all of her adult life, so yes, she's one O.D. from the grave. I'm not trying to be melodramatic - it's simply a truism in addiction. To cite another expression - you can only get well if you're doing it for you. Kim didn't reach her rock bottom, or have that moment in her life where she decided to quit drugs and go to rehab. Instead she was outed on the show, and only went to rehab because she was publicly humiliated and wanted to keep the gig (RHOBH). In other words, she entered rehab for the show, not for herself, and that's why it didn't stick. No way does she have a sponsor, and no way is she working the program. She's still using, and still hiding.

• Love 21

Monty could go down for furnishing.  Which he would probably get sentenced to diversion.

Or, maybe Monty was just tired of Kim's relentless whining about how SHE is taking care of him, SHE is so stressed over his terminal illness and the pain it is causing HER, and all the complicated issues with planning a wedding at her sister's house, and how that is stressing HER out, and Monty just wanted her to STFU!    ;-)

God, I love this part of your post. I was thinking the same thing.  Brandi acts as if she were Kim's sole source of support during this wedding nonsense, as if she was knee deep in party planning. Wasn't it held at Kathy's house? I am sure that Kathy was way involved, and certainly not calling Brandi for any advice.  

Even funnier is that Brandi wasn't even at the damn wedding.  Either Kim's BFF wasn't important enough to secure an invite, or it just wasn't important enough to Brandi to bother attending. 

Excellent point!!!!  

• Love 7

In Kim's mind, "being there for her" is excusing her pill popping/drinking since she's "going through a rough time" with Monty and the kids moving out. That's all it is. Kyle becomes the enemy because she won't excuse that behavior. Lisa R becomes the enemy because she point blank asks "Are you on drugs?" in the limo. Brandi's the supportive BFF because she "gets it" and "won't judge" her.

The addict doesn't want to be confronted with the truth and lies/manipulates to justify their actions.

The End.

• Love 22

And where in Kyle and Kim interactions from the bathroom scene to Kyle's party is Kyle referring to that pill or her concern about that pill?

They didn't happen.  Thanks to Brandi's ass getting in the way.

Kyle showed a great bit of concern about that pill when they showed flashbacks of their talk in Kim's room after she got out of the hospital.  But hey....selective memory and all.

• Love 10

In the scene at Kim's house, the day before Kyle's party. Or was it the next day? (TM Kim-in-a-haze).

• Love 5

Someone above mentioned Kim's breast augmentation.  Maybe that was the "procedure" that Brandi was referring to, not the hernia, cracked rib, pneumonia, bronchitis, ulcer etc.  And maybe those were the pain pills that Kim was referring to that Monty gave her that were "like hers."  Kim is probably a master of getting into the hospital for pills of all sorts.  I am sure every procedure she has had has managed to have a complication!  "Oops Kingsley bumped into my nose and rebroke it!"

• Love 12

There is NO WAY that after all of this time, after Kyle had the cognizance to call Kim exactly what she is back in the limo a hundred years ago, after all this family drama, after what I assume are rehabs, family therapies, AA meetings, fucking CODA, Al-Anon, just a single attendance that these ladies have any excuse, other than there respective dependencies, for the way they are dealing with this matter.

Unless they are fucking dumb.

Ding, ding, ding.

No, no.  Brandi is sweet, and kind-hearted, and a gentle soul.  

You keep saying that but I don't see anyone claiming that to be true.  I get it.  You find absolutely nothing defensible about Brandi.  Cool.  I think she's a POS, too, but  there are some observations being made that are simply observed differently by others.  Would I defend Brandi to the death? Hell no.  Just don't care enough.  But for the sake of a rousting debate? Sure I'll discuss why I see something differently than you.  (General, you) 

• Love 5
And maybe those were the pain pills that Kim was referring to that Monty gave her that were "like hers."

She told Kyle that it WAS Monty's pill, not hers, during the conversation in Kim's bedroom on this episode.  So the whole "like hers" and "that my doctor prescribed for me" in the bathroom on poker night was pure bullshit.

• Love 4

Ohhh, that reminds me.

I found this little excerpt from Kyle's blog curious.

"With cameras."

Me thinks Kyle was trying to sober up a clearly fucked up Kim because she was afraid of what Kim might blather on about in that ride, what skeletons her intoxicated state might cause to leak from her lips.  .

I didn't think there was a single thing wrong with that excerpt until those last two words..."with cameras."  

Kyle should have stopped the sentence with "before she left in a car."

I'm totally on Kyle's side in this shitstorm, but those last two words speak volumes to me.  

The cameras are the driving force. 

I think Kyle was trying to save Kim from making an ass out of herself in front of the cameras hoping to sober her up a bit or hoping the medication would wear off.  Kyle encouraged Kim to cover her mic in the bathroom and Kim refused, Kyle did not mention their conversation in the bathroom and Brandi did not know what Kim had told Kyle.  At the end of the day Brandi and Kyle had the same goal-they wanted a clearly impaired Kim to sober up and get home without any more moronic behavior in front of the cameras.  Neither Kyle or Brandi has the authority to stop the cameras anywhere but the bathroom, they are in the vehicles and monitored by producers.    If Brandi truly had Kim's best interests at heart she would have called Kim a cab and paid the $200.00 to get Kim back to her home in opiate land.  Or better yet suggested Kim and Kyle have their conversation on the ride home in the camera laden limo.  I think Kyle would have been able to exercise a little more damage control-the ride with Brandi was not the best for either Kim or Brandi. 

This became about Brandi wanting to assert control over Kim's role and guarantee Brandi is once again the center of controversy for the entire season.  It worked with Adrienne and Paul and it is working now with Kim and Kyle.  In both cases Brandi had no business in either situation.  To me, Brandi's account of the phone conversation with Kyle made  no sense.  There is absolutely nothing Kyle can do about Monty, about the vicious dog, about the wedding or about Kimberly moving out.  If what Brandi was saying is Kyle you need to spend more time with Kim or call her more often and Kyle said it was Kim's problem that is another story.  Even then it is incumbent on Kim to call and ask for help not Brandi.  I can't imagine any of Kim's present issues giving rise to a 2 am phone call to anyone.

• Love 15

Oh that crashing wine glass of Lisa R's is way worse than just throwing wine - like danger wise.  I wonder how that ranks insofar as trailer trash rankings? Lol.  And it is profanity laden.  Strike 2.  Alas, no tampon string.  Brandi still holds the crown. :(

• Love 5

You find absolutely nothing defensible about Brandi.  Cool.  I think she's a POS, too, but  there are some observations being made that are simply observed differently by others.  Would I defend Brandi to the death? Hell no.  Just don't care enough.  But for the sake of a rousting debate? Sure I'll discuss why I see something differently than you.  (General, you) 

No, I don't.  If people are 'observing' something 'differently' about a drunk's interactions with a junkie, then yes, I have heated feelings about that, not too ashamed either. 

And for one?  I'm glad we can have rousing debates here instead of the 'stifle it' shit we routinely caught over at TWoP.  I have no beef with you, but I prefer to state things plainly and be upfront about what I think, especially if I perceive that something real is going down, and in this situation, I do.

eta: OH MY GOD!  I'M A TRUTH CANNON!

Edited by haydensterling
  • Love 17