Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 02/02/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Here's Brian telling the story to David Letterman (if you're interested).

http://rt.com/usa/229451-brian-williams-nbc-retraction/

It's about five minutes into the interview.

Sorry, so not interested, and I should have also added I miss Peter Jennings, too. The world sucks and so do a lot of its inhabitants.

Sorry, feeling really rough right now; last bout of chemo was a killer. I'm still suffering the effects and oh joy, next round is up in a few days. Blah.

• Love 12

I do not understand why Whoopie said that Juan Pablo  is a fake Latino. He is latin. He is from Venezuela. Juan Pablo is latin and I think the fact that he is white with blue eyes, somehow he is less latin than one with olive skin and dark hair. Latin is not a race, but, an ethnicity. Just like being an American. There are americans of different backgrounds. The same rule applies to latinos. Even the word Latino, is an american label. People living in latin countries don't really use that word to describe themselves, if you are from Brazil, you are Brazilian, if you are from Mexico, you are Mexican e.t.c... There are Latinos of European descent, African descent, Asian descent, and those who are of mixed race commonly referred to as mestizos, pardos, mulatoes and zambos in Central and South America. Brazil has the largest black population outside of Africa.  I dont understand why it is  so hard for people to get that. I also find it appalling that there were two latinas on the panel who did  not take the opportunity to inform Whoppie and it's audience the difference between race and ethnicity in the latin community. It could have been a very good conversation about race and ethnicity in the USA at large. Whoopie clearly hates Rosie and likes to take an opportunity to humiliate and demean her. It is obvious that she is threatened by her.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 16

Holy smokes, you can almost see the waves of hate emanating from Whoopi as she tries to diminish Rosie with that "good thing you're perfect," slam. What in holy hell is going on with that woman?

That whole scene felt like it was taking place in a middle school cafeteria, with Whoopi the bully and some bystanders.  Her exaggerated laughter and careless remarks (about The Bachelor)  after the break were ridiculous.

I've always wondered, after the show do the hosts have to stick around for a set amount of time or do they go their own separate way till the next day or in the case of today, next Monday.  I have always wondered if they had a post-show meeting about the next day or week, or do they change into their street clothes and leave.

In my mind Whoopi often leaves before the show is even over, like today.  And just judging by the content/quality of this show I'd say they never have an 'after' show or review meeting. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 11
Whoopie clearly hates Rosie and likes to take an opportunity to humiliate and demean her. It is obvious that she is threatened by her.

I have to agree - it's more than Whoopi making this The Whoopi Goldberg Hour, she really can't even pretend to be friendly with RO.   And while Whoopi pretty makes sure no one really can disagree with her because she always takes the last word, today she clearly singled out RO even while every other co-host was disagreeing with her at some point. 

Today Whoopi opened the show  blathering some nonsense about "the courts deciding the internet needed to be the same speed for everyone"  and how "someone decided that the man has too much power." and "lights in your house" all while speaking as if she was one of the 99%   Huh?  At first I had no idea she was talking about the FCC chairman's proposal regarding net neutrality.*  Then  Rosie P tried (but failed in my opinion) to correct Whoopi and explain the situation, and Nicolle basically walked back and corrected everything Whoopi just said - and yet Whoopi had no reaction.   Later,  RO disagrees with Whoopi's's opinion on the Brian Willams story and suddenly Whoopi is on the attack.  Yikes.

*By the way, I think Whoopi was trying to talk about the FCC Chairman's proposal on net neutrality which was reported yesterday on NPR, NYT, etc.

• Love 8

I think I remember RO writing that they don't have wrap up sessions after the show. Everybody goes their separate ways. IMO this group could use some serious sit-downs after the show reviewing what went wrong, what went right. Whoopi and RO are a study in contrasts. I imagine that RO's very demanding of her friends and co-workers in terms of professionalism, loyalty, honesty. Whoopi's not. RO's curious. Whoopi couldn't care less. 

• Love 7

I was dumbfounded by Whoopi's explanation on net nutrality as well. She clearly has no idea what the issue is. And the co-hosts' somewhat subtle attempt to educate her fell flat. She's clueless.

Don't we deserve better?!

• Love 17

Whoopi couldn't care less.

THIS!  That is Whoopi's problem.  How many times does she have to tell us "I don't care what anyone thinks so don't tweet me or FB me or blah blah blah"  We get it, you don't care!  She has no filter and is showing a dark side I can do without.  She is nasty, mean and like a rabid dog looking for a fight.  Just watching the other co hosts facial expressions when Whoopi speaks or does something is telling us she is out of control.

Keep it together ladies, Whoopi is the problem not you!    

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 19

This Whoopi v RO feud over Brian Williams' fabrication is sure getting a lot of press - both mainstream and right wing. Finally. I'm all for anything that brings attention to Whoopi's poor moderating abilities. (But I do think RO may have been a little off in her Lance Armstrong comparison.) Williams lied and that's indisputable. Now what are the consequences? I think as likable as he is, his credibility is shot. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 4

During the FCC/Internet discussion, didn't Nicolle say that many people would be "happy to pay" for faster 'net speed?   Happy?  Maybe they are happy they can afford more than most people...but would they be happy to pay more but get no more than the plebians?  I think not. 

• Love 6

(But I do think RO may have been a little off in her Lance Armstrong comparison.) Williams lied and that's indisputable.

Somehow I missed the Lance reference which is funny to me since early this morning comedian Kathleen Madigan posted that her plane flying over Iraq was not shot at either but she did have to sit and listen to Lance Armstrong talk about himself for 2 !/2 half hours.  Also I went to Rosie O's twitter to see if she posted anything (which she did not ) but I read way down and watched a Mario segment from her old show and I have to say they both look fab and it was hysterical.

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 2

Here's the Lance Armstrong reference which I thought missed the mark:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rosie-odonnell-brian-williams-lied-like-lance-armstrong/

I heard it this morning and I thought she was talking about Lance's latest lie - the one they mentioned just the other day - about getting his girlfriend to take the rap on his hit and run not his doping.    Still,  a lie is a lie is a lie.   And while I think much less of Brian Williams now, I've long thought Lance Armstrong was a disgusting guy - he actually destroyed other people's careers in the process. 

I am/was a big Brian Williams admirer on several levels and so I'm a bit rocked by his confession.   Mostly, that it took getting outed to confess.  Geezus..  Like one of the co-hosts said today, this wasn't just like a regular person lying about going to the grocery store.  This was the face of NBC Network News lying about being in a helicopter that was shot in Iraq - which is kind of a big deal.   Whoopi seemed to think it was on the same level as her embellishing a story to make it funnier for her act or something. 

It wasn't a LIE lie. Shut up, Whoopi!

I LOVE this Fisher King!  I am SO sick of Whoopi shouting, 'NO! IT'S NOT"  everytime RO doesn't agree with her. 

• Love 13

Also I went to Rosie O's twitter to see if she posted anything (which she did not ) but I read way down and watched a Mario segment from her old show and I have to say they both look fab and it was hysterical.

Oh, this was so much fun to watch - they were really having fun.    Wow, a long time ago and yet strangely appropriate with subjects like Eve Ensler's Vagina Monologues since she was on today. Here's the link if anyone wants a #TBT vid. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 1

Great post Cosmoscrush!  And you pointed out what was eluding me today....I as well thought it was Lance's latest lie involving his girlfriend. 

Man, I hate WG gets the last word, let alone after shouting (and usually pointing) NO. IT'S NOT! And then stealth bullying the person in an implying way. Cut to commercial.

ETA - oops - meant stealth bullying, not steal.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 10

No, Nicholle, that piece of shit "book" 50 Shades of Crap did NOT open the door to sex or whatever nonsense she was spouting.  There have been plenty of authors who have written Erotica, and waaaay better than the hack who managed to get this printed. Robin Schone, Susan Johnson, to name a couple off the top of my head

And I would add Anne Rice's 'Exit to Eden' as well written and an actual interesting story in addition to eye opening sexuality about which I was ignorant.

Altho' the ending was a cop out, that is the book people should have read not 50 shades.....

Let us not forget the original 'The Story of O' - available anywhere I am sure. 

Sorry for going off topic.

• Love 5

I don't have an opinion as to whether Bryan Williams is lying or not, but it is possible that he is not.  There are many instances of False Memory Syndrome that have happened to well known people.  President Bush recalled more than once how he saw the first plane hit the north tower of the World Trade Center before he entered a classroom in Florida, when there was no footage yet.  He was notified in the classroom.  Hillary Clinton said she landed under sniper fire in Bosnia.  It is really more than just politicians lying to push their agenda, it does happen.   We are all susceptible to false memory syndrome and I'm glad I don't have a camera following me around.  Google False Memory Syndrome because I don't know how to link.  LOL.

I can't add much about Whoopi that you all haven't already said, but I almost fell off my chair when she made that racist statement about Black people being volatile and therefore can't have shows like the Bachelor.  Suppose Rosie O. had made that statement.  Can you imagine Whoopi's reaction to that.  BTW, that show looked like a piece of crap.

• Love 9

I can't add much about Whoopi that you all haven't already said, but I almost fell off my chair when she made that racist statement about Black people being volatile and therefore can't have shows like the Bachelor.  Suppose Rosie O. had made that statement.  Can you imagine Whoopi's reaction to that.  BTW, that show looked like a piece of crap.

I kept waiting for Whoopi to say it was pure racism for the reason being that none of the Bachelor's and Bachelorette's, on the ABC version of the show, have been, what...95% white?  I guess she knows when to stop before she puts her foot in her mouth and gets walked out the door from the House of Mouse.

• Love 4

I echo pretty much everything that has been said here about Brian Williams: fabrication has no place in journalism and if he intentionally embellished, he's probably toast. It's interesting, though, how veterans and flag-wavers are calling for his head on a platter while Chris Kyle, chronic liar, barroom thug and one-man judge/jury/executioner has reached right-wing demigod status. Go figure.

• Love 11

I must admit I feel sorry for Brian Williams.  I don't know why he would lie, but he did, & now even Canadian news shows are telling the story, as well as shows like Inside Edition (which I don't watch, but happened to see their promo).  I'm sure he'll get past this, but he's now "damaged goods" & people like me won't trust him as much.

And I would add Anne Rice's 'Exit to Eden' as well written and an actual interesting story in addition to eye opening sexuality about which I was ignorant.

Altho' the ending was a cop out, that is the book people should have read not 50 shades.....

Let us not forget the original 'The Story of O' - available anywhere I am sure. 

Sorry for going off topic.

Oh man, I forgot about that!  My first erotic "literature".

• Love 5

Just got caught up to all shows this week and I have one thing to say: Whoopi is full of SHIT regarding the whole Williams thing. Oh and about everything else too, like her total ignorance over net neutrality (frankly I don't think any of the hosts have a clear understanding about it) and the placing of blame/responsibility of Armstrong's hit and run on the girlfriend, just because she was stupid enough to lie. It doesn't fucking absolve him of it.

• Love 12

Williams has turned into a celebrity journalist which is too bad. His integrity has been challenged. Now he will be remembered as the anchor that.......

I officially cannot stand Whoopi anymore, and wish she had never awakened this season.

I felt badly for RO, I agreed with her and it seemed to be the rest of the panel did as well. It was apparent to me WG was challenging RO and I would be pissed off as well. 

I think Rosie was too harsh.  I remember telling a story years ago when I suddenly realized what I was saying wasn't the truth.  For some reason my mind had played a trick on me.  Never forgot that experience so I have understanding and forgiveness for Brian Williams.

• Love 2

Good grief, could not agree more Medicine Crow. And then Fr usually boring.

And Thursday's show ignored on Monday. Normally no clarification of the previous conversation.

Instead we hear -  I don't care what you say/think, I am a Republican, I am a Latino, I am a Lesbian, four days in a row, And Mario and guests hosts all this time for months. (This is all my opinion in this paragraph, and the rest.)

They don't even need the MAKE SPARKS sign anymore. And as far as I am concerned they are fizzling. 

OTOH -  I like the power RO brings to the show in her segments for the show and am looking forward to Martha Stewart tomorrow with them crafting.And I don't craft. lol.

I wish WG would do another few segments on NYC sightseeing/experiencing. Probably too much work for her.

• Love 4

I think Rosie was too harsh. I remember telling a story years ago when I suddenly realized what I was saying wasn't the truth. For some reason my mind had played a trick on me. Never forgot that experience so I have understanding and forgiveness for Brian Williams.

I hear you, but I think the difference is Williams is a journalist. He wasn't recounting the story with a little embellishment at a dinner party. He has been reporting the story in this way publicly and it just isn't accurate. That's deadly for a journalist. That said, I do kind of feel like the whole thing is a bit overblown. As I understand the story, he was in fact in one of at least two helicopters that were flying together and being shot at. He just was not in the helicopter that was actually hit. But, he was indeed part of the group who all had to land and spend a couple of harrowing nights on the ground and in danger. Should he have altered the facts? Absolutely not and he deserves blowback for that. The truth was dramatic enough all by itself and it was simply stupid to embellish it for any reason much less for his own personal ego. Still, I'm having a hard time getting overly worked up about it. Just shaking my head because it was such a boneheaded thing to do whether intentional or not.

• Love 8

Re: Brian Williams;

I agree I have no idea in this world how someone would not remember, for real, if a helicopter in which they were riding did not actually get hit....

At the same time, on a far less difficult scenario, I told a family story that as a child impacted me deeply - I thought it was made up, but in my 30's, my mother confirmed that the basics were true and we laughed at the 'child' exaggerating the 'danger'.

I told the story for years and suddenly the younger of my two brothers was relating the story as a memory of his.  As he is 6 years younger and I was no more than 7, of course he had no real memory, but he LOVES a good story and this is a good story - he continues to insist that he remembers the event.

He could not have done so.

Long way to say.....I am conflicted.

I believe we can convince ourselves we remember something a certain way.

At the same time a family member of mine served in Iraq in 2005 - in Fallujah - and combat does stunningly weird things.  It was brutal for him and all who served with him and someone who did not go thru anything they suffered....well you can imagine.

At the same time  WiIliams was conflating his experience to those who actually served,  were under fire and were wounded. That is wrong on so many levels that it is hard to articulate and I believe that is where RO was coming from.

Brian Williams  was not wounded nor shot down, surely one would remember that.  Someone mentioned that he has been a long time supporter of people who served in the military.  I would love to learn if his support were more than random words on a teleprompter or if he does 'stuff'' to help and support military folk in real ways.

So, I am weirdly conflicted. 

Having said all that - and thank you for reading it all - I don't place any national or local news reader on a pedestal nor do I place their ability to read prepared text any higher than my ability to read.

Full disclosure:  I find Rachel Maddow  engaging, informative and entertaining.......yeah, she has a point of view ------- BUT she doesn't YELL AT ME.

Edited by kaygeeret
  • Love 5

I don't have an opinion as to whether Bryan Williams is lying or not, but it is possible that he is not.  There are many instances of False Memory Syndrome that have happened to well known people.  President Bush recalled more than once how he saw the first plane hit the north tower of the World Trade Center before he entered a classroom in Florida, when there was no footage yet.  He was notified in the classroom.  Hillary Clinton said she landed under sniper fire in Bosnia.  It is really more than just politicians lying to push their agenda, it does happen.   We are all susceptible to false memory syndrome and I'm glad I don't have a camera following me around.  Google False Memory Syndrome because I don't know how to link.  LOL.

I can't add much about Whoopi that you all haven't already said, but I almost fell off my chair when she made that racist statement about Black people being volatile and therefore can't have shows like the Bachelor.  Suppose Rosie O. had made that statement.  Can you imagine Whoopi's reaction to that.  BTW, that show looked like a piece of crap.

Thanks Morgalisa for the reference regarding False Memory Syndrome. Today on NPR they did a lengthy interview about FMS in light of Brian Williams' remarks. They mentioned the incidents that you refer to as well as several others. I believe that it was Ronald Reagan who once said that he had been there at a concentration camp when the people were freed right after the war. (It could have been another prominent person who said that but I believe it was RR). Anyway, they were no where near that camp but had a very vivid memory of being there.

We were talking about the twin towers being hit just the other day. I SWEAR that I was watching when the second plane hit but someone with me said that we didn't see that. So I am actually perplexed about it. In his apology I believe that Brian Williams said that it was the helicopter in front of them that got hit. Apparently they did spend two nights on the desert floor after the attack.

Edited by maryis1
  • Love 3

I SWEAR that I was watching when the second plane hit but someone with me said that we didn't see that.

I think almost everybody has seen video of the second plane hitting the tower, either live or on endless replay over the years. It happened while several networks were doing live coverage of the the first crash.

As to Brian Williams, I think what bothers me almost as much as his first lie is his weasily apology where he proclaims he was trying to give credit to a service man. C'mon Williams. Just be honest and say you screwed up, although "news" people on Fox have gotten away with lying for many years without nearly the blowback that Williams is gotting. And Whoopi? Fuck you.

• Love 7

Yes we all embellish stories and the embellishments increase each time we tell the story until even the storyteller has lost sight of the facts BUT journalists are paid to report the truth!

What other stories has he embellished?

It was obvious to me Whoopi just wanted to disagree with Rosie O, epic fail WG!  If you are giving Brian Williams a pass Whoopi then your scruples and principles are as low as his.  

And Whoopi "please don't tweet me or FB me because I DON'T CARE!"   ......waving hands, shaking fist wildly, dreadlocks flying....  

• Love 5

What do you think this tweet of Rosie's means?

"don't wait - not gonna happen"

I think it's somehow referring to Whoopi and the show.

I think it means that so many people keep asking Rosie when she is going to confront Whoopi for her behavior on the show and towards her.  She is saying, "don't wait - not gonna happen."  Rosie I think is in a different place now where yes, it bothers her at the time as we can see in her body language, but I do think she leaves whatever anger/aggression from the show at the show when she leaves for the day and goes on w/her life and starts from scratch the next day.  It's a smart thing that many people need to learn to do.

Watching today's episode, when they brought up the "Pope on Adoption" HotTopic, was anyone else expecting Whoopi to argue against Rosie's eloquently put statement about adoption?  Whoopi took that pause as she went to speak and I started to think how can she argue against that, is she crazy...but luckily she didn't.

I loved how Kim Cattrall basically shot Whoopi down when she asked her to perform for her again.  I mean seriously, I get the adoration that Nicole has for her, and Kim paid homage to that by repeating the line, but then Whoopi asks her to perform the lines again.  Seriously?!  

Edited by CMH1981
  • Love 10

Jeebus Cripes, I swear I'm also losing brain cells!

Can't remember if it was yesterday's show? Or the day before? But I totally loved Rosie's story about a friend who shall remain nameless, texting while they were at some show, and then the story about taking the phone away from the child who shall remain nameless, and she knows it hurts but it will be for some time. I just loved the look she aimed at the camera--as if she were looking straight into her child's eyes.  This is one of the reasons why I love her so much.  Her stories aren't fake (at least, they don't come off fake to me), she's genuine and funny, unlike some other hosts who shall remain nameless *cough*Whoopi*cough*Nicolle*cough*Sherri*coughcough*Elisabeth*coughhack!coughcoughhack!".

I really, really wish they'd make her the moderator.

And did I mishear Cristela yesterday, where she said it was only in her culture that women cater to the men, who do nothing? Because, woman, what an insulated world you live in.  In my grandparents and parents generation, and to a little bit of today's generation, that kind of attitude also prevails in India, too. Well, except for those that are really well to do; then they've got houseboys/housegirls to deal with dishes, cooking, cleaning...

• Love 4

And did I mishear Cristela yesterday, where she said it was only in her culture that women cater to the men, who do nothing? Because, woman, what an insulated world you live in.  In my grandparents and parents generation, and to a little bit of today's generation, that kind of attitude also prevails in India, too. Well, except for those that are really well to do; then they've got houseboys/housegirls to deal with dishes, cooking, cleaning...

Yes you did. As usual ,this show makes the viewers engage in a twisted game of  telephone run amok. It's really getting tiresome. I don't know how you got at all what you said. It's so puzzling. She clearly said in HER family. I don't get it. Looking for conflict that does not exist. It never ends. I'm offended!! by words!!! 

• Love 1

I think almost everybody has seen video of the second plane hitting the tower, either live or on endless replay over the years. It happened while several networks were doing live coverage of the the first crash.

As to Brian Williams, I think what bothers me almost as much as his first lie is his weasily apology where he proclaims he was trying to give credit to a service man. C'mon Williams. Just be honest and say you screwed up, although "news" people on Fox have gotten away with lying for many years without nearly the blowback that Williams is gotting. And Whoopi? Fuck you.

Any time I read a post that ends with " Whoopi? Fuck you" it gets an automatic thumbs up from me.

• Love 14

Yes you did. As usual ,this show makes the viewers engage in a twisted game of  telephone run amok. It's really getting tiresome. I don't know how you got at all what you said. It's so puzzling. She clearly said in HER family. I don't get it. Looking for conflict that does not exist. It never ends. I'm offended!! by words!!! 

No, I heard the part where she said in her "Family" but then she added a tag about something, I swear, sounded like only in Mexican culture. I'm NOT trying to start a war here or look for things that weren't said or done. And If I must, I'll go back and rewatch.

I got ya. I am just a little confused as to how it was interpreted as to only defining that as a situation only culturally defined by her own. To me, she was clearly speaking of her own experiences, and not at all bringing other cultures into the mix. This is just a slippery slope these days. You can't say anything without getting taken out of context. 

• Love 2

>>I loved how Kim Cattrall basically shot Whoopi down when she asked her to perform for her again.  I mean seriously, I get the >>adoration that Nicole has for her, and Kim paid homage to that by repeating the line, but then Whoopi asks her to perform the lines >>again.  Seriously?!

It was hard to hear over the crosstalk, but Nicolle was the one who asked Kim to say the lines again first.  I don't think she heard, and Whoopie repeated the request.

RO's craft corner was a Martha Stewart commercial...zzzzz...

What the heck is Nicole wearing ?..

Right? That thing looked like some Project Runway reject - or one of my unfinished Home Ec projects from the ninth grade, lol.   Was that the only red dress she could find?  Terrible.    And speaking of which,  I see Whoopi's homeless-bag-lady-look was back today only the hat was made from the same fabric as the robe/jacket! So someone went to some trouble to put that thing together.  Hahaha! 

Watching today's episode, when they brought up the "Pope on Adoption" HotTopic, was anyone else expecting Whoopi to argue against Rosie's eloquently put statement about adoption?  Whoopi took that pause as she went to speak and I started to think how can she argue against that, is she crazy...but luckily she didn't.

I thought she might (and maybe she did, this was taped afterall) but instead told RO that she would write that statement down and send it to the Pope.  Huh?  Does Whoopi think the Catholic Church is swayed by public opinion or Twitter now?  Someone on RO's instagram compared Whoopi to "the old confused aunt we can't understand, still want to see but maybe not be in charge."    I thought that was kind.  Personally, I'm really not interested in anything she has to say anymore.  I feel like I've already heard every opinion she has. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

I thought she might (and maybe she did, this was taped afterall) but instead told RO that she would write that statement down and send it to the Pope. Huh? Does Whoopi think the Catholic Church is swayed by public opinion or Twitter now?

She thinks that if the statement is coming from HER, the pope will oblige.

Well we must not forget the time that Whoopi performed for the Pope w/her choir of nuns...oh wait...that was a movie.  I guess in Whoopi's mind that means she has a direct line to the Pope.

Edited by CMH1981
  • Love 5
I thought she might (and maybe she did, this was taped afterall) but instead told RO that she would write that statement down and send it to the Pope.  Huh?  Does Whoopi think the Catholic Church is swayed by public opinion or Twitter now?

Pope to Whoopi:   Don't tweet me - I DON"T CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 18

What do you think this tweet of Rosie's means?

"don't wait - not gonna happen"

I think it's somehow referring to Whoopi and the show.

merribreeze, I'm just guessing but I think it's referring to RO becoming the moderator (taking over for Whoopi).  Ever since the two weeks Whoopi was out people ask her daily about this possibility on Twitter or her blog and everytime she answers, "not gonna happen" or "no, Whoopi is the moderator."  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

I hate when people like Cristela say that millennials are lazy or don't know what a day's work feels like - of course we don't, no one will hire us and we still live with our parents!  Of course we are stressed out and depressed, that's what facebook and social media does to people.  We are unhappy with our own lives and then see all our friends putting on a front on social media, and it makes us nuts.  I think long term we will learn that Facebook and stuff has a negative affect on our mental health, much like we are learning that the constant availability of pornography via the internet is having on young men. 

I don't know why the show has much so much respect for the new pope.  I think it's a money making scheme, and an out dated institution.  They want gay's people money, but they also want the money of people who hate gay people, so they are talking out of both side's of their mouth.  But God Bless Rosie O for making her point in a sentence of 10 words or less, while Perez or Whoopi would use 100 words and a flow chart to make their point.

• Love 7