Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 02/02/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Mo 2/2: Jeff Bridges, guest co-host Cristela Alonzo
Tu 2/3: Martin Short, Randall Park, Hudson Yang
We 2/4: Jeff Perry, Zosia Mamet, guest co-host Cristela Alonzo
Th 2/5: Guest co-host Cristela Alonzo
Fr 2/6: Kim Cattrall, Martha Stewart, Judy & Dennis Shepard, guest co-host Cristela Alonzo

Per Rosie's twitter, it's a snow day:

Rosie @Rosie  ·  2h 2 hours ago

Snow day - for all kids .... And me

I actually liked Stacy London on What Not to Wear, but she tries just a little too much on The View.   And the other guest host laughs too much!  So without Rosie O, I quickly lost interest and turned it off after the trip giveaway announcement.

Wasn't Rosie P supposed to be back today.  Or was it February 3rd?

Hated both cohosts today. I can't stand Stacey London. Interesting they had the vaccine segment today and none when Jenny was on. Whoopie was rather impassioned on the subject. It surprises me though when she has mentioned that she better not get the measles because we are close in age and all my peers and I all had measles, chicken pox and most of us, mumps, because there was no vaccine. I know she's concerned about her great granddaughter but she has said a couple of times that she'd better not get the measles. Somehow I don't expect to see Rosie Perez this week.

• Love 1

Whoopi just said that Rosie's out, but she will be back. How come she took a snow day? Was it bad weather there?

I had no idea Whoopi was saying Selfridges. I thought she was saying Sufferagettes.

Edited by Tiggertoo
  • Love 2

Whoopi just said that Rosie's out, but she will be back. How come she took a snow day? Was it bad weather there?

Icy in NYC (saw this during GMA live shots) and snow for nearby areas so Rosie might've had difficulty getting into the city.

Interesting they had the vaccine segment today and none when Jenny was on.

I thought we discussed this a lot when Jenny was first on...that she was probably forbidden from mentioning it because it was so  controversial.

And Stacy London...poor thing, she has been trying too hard for years.  She drips desperacy.   Most of the time she was wearing ugly/pathetic outfits/shoes when she was cirticizing the victims on What Not to Wear.

• Love 5

I had no idea Whoopi was saying Selfridges. I thought she was saying Sufferagettes.

Me neither.  I thought she was saying suffrajets or something similar.  It wasn't until she mentioned Jeremy Piven that I knew that she was talking about Selfridges.

I thought we discussed this a lot when Jenny was first on...that she was probably forbidden from mentioning it because it was so  controversial.

And Stacy London...poor thing, she has been trying too hard for years.  She drips desperacy.   Most of the time she was wearing ugly/pathetic outfits/shoes when she was cirticizing the victims on What Not to Wear.

Exactly Former Nun!

• Love 2
Me neither.  I thought she was saying suffrajets or something similar.  It wasn't until she mentioned Jeremy Piven that I knew that she was talking about Selfridges.

Closed-captioner was lost too, Medicine Crow.   They spelled the word "sufrajas" the first time and then "Mr. Suffrage."  That's exactly how she said it.

• Love 5

Totally agree re:  Stacy London/desperacy.

The first time she was on a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't believe her over-the-top nodding, agreeing, ass-kissing toward Rosie O, and Nicole.  The WANT, the THIRST to be part of the "team," to be star-adjacent, as it were.    She seems to be the type who thinks her social schedule/profile will soar if she over-gushes etc.  Moron.

• Love 5

Although I love listening to Jeff Bridges, one of my kids (an adult) described his speech as sounding like he had burned the roof of his mouth.  I can't hear him without thinking that...and agreeing a little.  That doesn't stop my love for The Dude.

• Love 3

Not Stacy London again.  And no RO today.  I really want to change the channel.

No RO plus Stacy London = me skipping the show.   But not before I noticed Whoopi has yet another new chair.  How many chairs has she gone through now?  First she hated the low living room style chairs from the new (now mostly gone) set.  Then she bitched about the tables until it became the old set with some low back stools. But in the last two weeks, since her 'back issues', Whoopi has gone through about three or four chairs.     All this for a few (less than five) hours a week.    I don't even really have a point here, I'm just cranky, lol.  

• Love 5

I thought the chair looked like it was the same ergonomic high backed black chair Whoopi jas had in recent days but had a purple "slipcover" on so that it better matched the purple chairs used by other cohosts. The back height was that of the black chair she had.

It looked like Stacie L was sitting up in her chair and not leaning/using the back of her chair. It reminded me of a PBS special on Downton Abby Manners that I saw recently - the host said that at the dining table everyone sat up straight and proper and never leaned on the tall chair back. The back was there mostly for something the servants could grab on to when they moved the chairs and helped the diners to and from the table. That would take some discipline?!

• Love 5

No RO plus Stacy London = me skipping the show. But not before I noticed Whoopi has yet another new chair. How many chairs has she gone through now? First she hated the low living room style chairs from the new (now mostly gone) set. Then she bitched about the tables until it became the old set with some low back stools. But in the last two weeks, since her 'back issues', Whoopi has gone through about three or four chairs. All this for a few (less than five) hours a week. I don't even really have a point here, I'm just cranky, lol.

I think this is only the second ergonomic chair for Whoopi. The first one was pretty large and looked like it was probably a conference room chair. I assume that was the easiest way to get four of them for her first day back - raid a conference room in the building. Then they threw a cover over the back of it to make it match the regular chairs a little better. Today's looked like a smaller more traditional ergonomic desk chair with the same cover over the back. Yes, I've paid far more attention to this than I should have....

• Love 8

Not Stacy London again.  And no RO today.  I really want to change the channel.

I agree.  She's glaringly awful, IMO, in absolutely every way.  What's the deal?  Why is she always there lately?  Is it just that she lives close enough to get in on short notice?  Because I do too, and I'd be happy to fill in.

Stacy & Cristela together made today's show pretty much unwatchable for me.  The cackling laughter and flailing arms are distracting and unpleasant.

Yes, bad in the city, but much worse in surrounding areas.  Rosie's area got hit hard - The driving has been treacherous since last night, all day today, and it's even worse now.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 5

I barely paid attention after it was announced Rosie was off as well. She just retweeted someone saying they can't wait to watch tomorrow to see who actually still works on the show. For a show trying to find itself again, January really was a giant waste of clusterfuck of random celebs.

• Love 7

Lord have mercy the screaming why the screaming?? Every single time she goes to read the prompter she laughs like something is hysterical.  Then Whoopi had to say she missed half time because she had to go to the bathroom and then had a need to enlighten us about leaky female bladders? Just stop it. Nichols cackling is going to put me over the other side.  The mugging and out of proportion laughing from the not Stacy person just awful.  

So different when Rosie is there and when Joy was there.

• Love 8

We now are in sweeps (1/29 - 2/25). Good job View! And Whoopi....keep on telling us you don't care what we think of your view/s.

Ha!  It's like they aren't even going to pretend to try.  Even Nicolle's hair seems to have given up.  It's a bummer after such a promising start to a new season. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 6

I enjoyed today's show as well and liked having the four cohosts back. I really don't get the Rosie P. hate and personally like her passion and the perspective she brings to the table. She is so much more genuine (loved that she caught herself on her phrasing when discussing Bobby Krisina's possible feeling about the recent TV show) and thoughtful when she speaks than past cohosts (Bitsy, Sherrie). On a more superficial note, glad to see Nicolle's hairstyle is back to the flattering side part and not the unbecoming center part she tried recently...sometimes change is NOT a good thing.

Nice, thought provoking discussions on immigration/Pitbull, divorce and vaccinations...as much as they can provide info to viewers in the short amount of time allotted to the topics.

Whoopi is clearly against the anti-vaccine movement - TPTB must have specifically dictated the issue not be discussed when Jenny was cohost since it was NEVER discussed and they clearly would have gone head to head.

Always love seeing Martin Short!

• Love 8

I think Rosie P is a nice person, cute as a button and seems like a good soul, I just fall asleep whenever she is searching for whatever point she is trying to make.

I also found it interesting that The View wants us to tweet our opinions on the vaccine discussion but Whoopi reminds us daily to not tweet her cause she just doesn't give a shit about our opinions. Oh and Whoop...can you please never discuss watching yourself masturbate in mirrors all over and on your ceiling again? O_o

• Love 11

despite all the rah rah rah Rosie P is back, her smile looked forced and I'm not buying that she is back for good.

Agree 100%. Rosie P had zero enthusiasm to be there!

No "I'm missed all of you so much","Thanks for all the people who filled in" or "I'm very glad to be back". She looked like a deer in the headlights walking out.

She didn't even seem to care when RO showed her shoes.

I like Rosie Perez a lot, but she's just not a good fit. She can't cut to the chase and make her point, even when she has something good to say. She can't tell interesting or funny stories about working with Larry David for the last month? Rosie O needed to remind her to say the play's title and the theater!

Nicolle said something like, "This is one area where Republicans need to listen to science..." and it's like, what area should they NOT be listening to science? They don't believe in science! I really hope they get on the wrong side of the vaccine fight and try to make it into big government. Boehner just released a statement saying he doesn't want laws about vaccines. Maybe we should do away with all government laws and just use the honor system not to kill from now on.

• Love 7
Even Nicolle's hair seems to have given up.

Pretty funny.  I hope Nicole didn't take all the hairstyle compliments to heart and decide that she must be the Jennifer Aniston of The View...that no matter what hairstyle she adopts, EVERYONE will love it!

• Love 3

Ugh. I'm so glad Nicolle is calling out Republicans on this. It's infuriating to listen to them pander to the Right Wing government conspiracy nuts. Rand Paul has a medical license, for Pete's sake! Did he skip class the day they were talking about vaccines?

I missed the first half hour. I take it there was no celebration or bands present (as they did for Whoopi) for Rosie's return?

• Love 2

I take it there was no celebration or bands present (as they did for Whoopi) for Rosie's return?

You're correct.

The was some confetti when they all walked out and Rosie P. looked almost like a scared kid.

• Love 5

I actually enjoyed the show today.

Whoopi seemed under control and less offensive than usual.

RP seemed more relaxed than she had before she left - I still don't see how she can do 8 shows a week and then this show.  The timing is awful for her.

RO was great as usual

NW was the voice of reason when discussing vaccinations as a 'republican'.

Any show with Martin Short is a winner in my book - maybe his presence and overall excellence lifted the rest of them to their collective best.

Edited by kaygeeret
  • Love 5

Please, no more guest hosts. Give this group of four a fair chance. Whoopi's obviously been warned and that's a good thing. Nicolle will call out her party when they're acting stupid (unlike le Bits). And the two Rosie's bring a lot to the table. They're talented, articulate and empathetic. 

P.S. Just saw that Cristela is scheduled for tomorrow. Big mistake. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 7

I love how Rosie O brings up that Whitney Houston reality TV show. It was depraved, and Bravo deserves more scorn for broadcasting that. And then Whoopi mentioning Cissy Houston hating it because she knows Cissy Houston is about to call her unless she says that cracked me up, because I think Cissy Houston is such a bitch. She was a background singer for Aretha Franklin on Letterman recently and she looked totally pissed off the entire time, it cracked me up. I think Cissy is a piece of work, and probably has done her family no favors, mental health wise.

• Love 7

I enjoyed the show today. I like when it's just the four of them. I heard Rosie P express her happiness to be back, more than once. Regarding her more "down" demeanor, she's probably exhausted.

I was impressed with Nicolle today. She blatantly called out Republicans for having a backwards view on vaccinations, AND she quoted Hillary Clinton! I also appreciated her comments regarding immigration. I admire her ability to acknowledge the flaws in her party.

• Love 4

I tune in on occasion, and found today less obnoxious than other times. I agree that it was more enjoyable than past shows, largely because Martin Short is my all-time favorite entertainer.

I still see and feel the tension between Rosie and Whoopi. The competition between them is palpable and I am always on Ro's side. I just think Whoopi is too overbearing and righteous. And it's so rude to tell your audience, don't contact me cause I don't care. She adds nothing to the dialogue other than her dated and over-the-top shout-at-the-audience diatribes. Clearly, she has been given a warning or coaching, we'll see how it pans out. I sure enjoy my fellow posters!!

• Love 7

Yawn...

Seriously?  This was the much heralded return of Rosie P?  I agree like other posters that I think Rosie P is still on her way out, although I think she will be phased out slowly.  I was hoping, like others on here, that she would have some stories and such to tell of Larry David and the rehearsing of the play but nope...hell Martin Short had more stories about that play than Rosie P.  I loved how Rosie O had to prod her to tell the name and location of the play, just like an actual moderator/host should do when the guest is faltering, which Rosie P shouldn't be at this point.  I'm guessing Rosie P starts cutting down on live shows of the View once previews of the play end.

I was surprised that Whoopi let Rosie O speak as much as she did regarding statistics of pot users being prosecuted as well as putting her two cents in regarding the Bobbi Kristina Brown situation...you know, since Rosie O isn't black she shouldn't be able to discuss such things.

Whoopi has toned it down, methinks that the executives had a chat w/her and told her to either get her shit together or her cushy job will be over.  I wonder if they told her if they have to fire her that would make her play or pay contract void.

I also call into question the validity of that focus group that favors Whoopi over Rosie O on the panel that was being discussed in the View Media forum.

• Love 7

I thought Rosie was a little off in her statistics, I'm sure there are multiple studies that say different things, but I thought actually white teenage boys are most likely to be drug users at this point, didn't she say blacks and whites were equal but prosecutions were higher against blacks? I'm not sure what documentary she was referencing, but she posted a list of about 30 of her favorites on her blog. Some are good, some I think suck, and others I've ordered from the library based on her recommendation.

Edited by Morbs