Type keyword(s) to search

Hallmark Movies: Small Town Royalty Magically Celebrating Rekindled Love! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Hallmark is killing their upcoming movies by playing the commercials for them nonstop.  I’m so sick of seeing the Welcome to Mama’s commercial that I’m not sure I want to watch it.  And now they’re going to inundate us with a thousand ads for When Call the Heart. 

• Love 5

I have seen all three movies of the All My Heart trilogy with Lacey Chabert and Brennan Elliott. I just recently had the first movie on the DVR and played it in the back round as I did other things around the house. I now have the last movie on the DVR, All My Heart: the Wedding and just now realize the exterior shots of the house are not the same house as in the first movie.

The original house in the first movie is a two story Victorian that Jenny and Brian painted seafoam green. Looking at photos online of the house used in the second movie of the trilogy, it is not the same house as in the first movie. This house is a single story cottage painted light grey with blue shutters. The house in the last of the trilogy is the same house as in the second movie.

Did something happen in the second movie of the trilogy that I just don't recall or does Hallmark think we viewers would not realize this is a different house in the second and third movies?

Edited by luvthepros
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, luvthepros said:

Did something happen in the second movie of the trilogy that I just don't recall or does Hallmark think we viewers would not realize this is a different house in the second and third movies?

No, you didn’t miss anything plot-wise with the house. I noticed the exterior was different too. I didn’t give it too much thought as interiors are always separate sets from any exteriors and the interior layout didn’t change. I guess they couldn’t get access to the original exterior (and you weren’t supposed to notice). Hard not to, if you’re a “ visual detail” person. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Daff said:

No, you didn’t miss anything plot-wise with the house. I noticed the exterior was different too. I didn’t give it too much thought as interiors are always separate sets from any exteriors and the interior layout didn’t change. I guess they couldn’t get access to the original exterior (and you weren’t supposed to notice). Hard not to, if you’re a “ visual detail” person. 

How can anyone not miss the exteriors are completely different? There must have been at least 20 exterior shots of the Victorian home in the first movie along with the baby goats. I'm noticing now that, as you said, the interior is the same and that includes a staircase. I guess that cottage house is a two story home? Could have fooled me from looking at the exterior of the home. Although.......there is one window that appears to be in the attic.

• Love 1

I found this article about the All of My Heart farmhouse. I guess it isn't a Victorian home as I originally thought. This article is written before the second of the trilogy was filmed........

All of My Heart Farmhouse

I just read the comments to this article. Interesting. This farmhouse has been used in several movies.

Just thinking......that scene in the first All of My Heart movie when they are on the front porch painting and have that paint fight. Oh my......that must have been a set and not the actual farmhouse. Lacey and Brennan looked like they had fun filming that scene.

Edited by luvthepros
  • Useful 1

I'm pretty sure that the house in this year's Christmas House movie was different from the one in the first movie.  I think that I remember in the first film the house seemed to be closer to the road than this year's house.  And a somewhat different style, too.  I just have the over-the-air Hallmark channels so I'll have to watch reruns to check.

I finally finished watching the Wedding Veil trilogy. I don’t have any comments to add to what all of you have said, but I do have a question. How could the three of them give the veil to Nick’s family? I’m totally confused. In the second movie they all agreed it should be given to Paulo’s family. It was even in display in the shop. Then all of a sudden Allison Sweeney had it in NYC. I assumed it was on loan to her because of the legend. Once she found true love it would go back to Paola’s family in Italy. But now it’s staying in NYC with Nick, probably because he had three unmarried sisters. It’s as if everyone forgot whose veil it is. 

• Love 1
On 2/20/2022 at 3:12 PM, ECM1231 said:

I on dinner b/c he said SFOGLIATELLE, which is my favorite Italian pastry, ever!  He didn't quite get the pronunciation 100% but I forgive him. sfogliatelle.jpg.893340605b092422c883aa3a252017dc.jpg

My fave pastry too, but we pronounce it Arthur Avenue style—“sfooyadell.”

• LOL 1

Watching Welcome to Mama’s and thinking how much I like the time jumps and the telling of separate stories (esp the one about the young Mama & Papa).

Also: Daniel and Lorraine are totally charming in their scenes together.  He’s a doll.

• Love 1

I thought it was okay.  It was a bit different with the time jumps and the duo were good together.

I was confused as to why they were Mama and Papa but apparently didn't have any kids to become mama and papa since Amy was their only "relative" (and she wasn't actually a relative.)

The tiramisu did look dry.  Sorry, Frank.

I do think having the veil movie so focused on an Italian restaurant was kind of poor timing with this one right after it.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I do think having the veil movie so focused on an Italian restaurant was kind of poor timing with this one right after it.

That's what I have been thinking.  Either an Italian writer or somebody thinks every Italian family does nothing but cook and eat and be jolly.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Something in Welcome to Mama's reminded me of a recent Christmas movie but I can't remember which Christmas movie, or the specifics, and now it's driving me crazy.  I'm not even sure if it was a Hallmark movie. There was a movie in which a recently deceased person left behind a diary or journal and the protagonist of the movie spent most of the movie reading through it. At the end of the movie she found something in the diary/journal that was crucial to the story and pulled everything together.  It also (or course) brought her together with her love interest. What I do remember is having the same thoughts that I had while I was watching Welcome to Mama's last night.  I'm not sure if it's me, but the diary/journals weren't mystery novels that would be spoiled if they weren't read page by page. If I was given something like that I know I would browse through the entire thing in one sitting. I wouldn't read for details, but I'd like to get a feel for the contents before starting.  I know for sure that I wouldn't wait until I was through the entire thing before I started looking through the loose papers in the pocket at the back of the book.  PS  Does anyone know what Christmas movie it was?

18 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I was confused as to why they were Mama and Papa but apparently didn't have any kids to become mama and papa since Amy was their only "relative" (and she wasn't actually a relative.)

I was wondering that took.  They were young when the restaurant was opened so it's not as they were courtesy titles.  And if they were courtesy titles, would "aunt and uncle" (in Italian) have been more appropriate? From the commercials (that I couldn't escape even with fast forwarding) I assumed that the woman inherited the restaurant from her mother or grandmother.

On 2/23/2022 at 10:18 PM, Crs97 said:

Paulo’s family decided they didn’t want it because she didn’t wear it for her wedding so clearly she didn’t want to keep it . . . or something.

Thank you for the clarification.  I must have missed that. I thought that they had wanted it because the family had originally made it . . . or something. ;-)

3 hours ago, ShelleySue said:

Something in Welcome to Mama's reminded me of a recent Christmas movie but I can't remember which Christmas movie, or the specifics, and now it's driving me crazy.  I'm not even sure if it was a Hallmark movie. There was a movie in which a recently deceased person left behind a diary or journal and the protagonist of the movie spent most of the movie reading through it. At the end of the movie she found something in the diary/journal that was crucial to the story and pulled everything together.  It also (or course) brought her together with her love interest. What I do remember is having the same thoughts that I had while I was watching Welcome to Mama's last night.  I'm not sure if it's me, but the diary/journals weren't mystery novels that would be spoiled if they weren't read page by page. If I was given something like that I know I would browse through the entire thing in one sitting. I wouldn't read for details, but I'd like to get a feel for the contents before starting.  I know for sure that I wouldn't wait until I was through the entire thing before I started looking through the loose papers in the pocket at the back of the book.  PS  Does anyone know what Christmas movie it was?

Was it "Five More Minutes"? Nikki DeLoach finds her recently deceased grandfathers journal in it

12 hours ago, maggiegil said:

Was it "Five More Minutes"? Nikki DeLoach finds her recently deceased grandfathers journal in it

Yes.  Thank you!  Please refresh my memory one more time.  Was the photo of him as a a young man in the journal?

On 2/26/2022 at 9:54 PM, voiceover said:

Watching Welcome to Mama’s and thinking how much I like the time jumps and the telling of separate stories (esp the one about the young Mama & Papa).

Also: Daniel and Lorraine are totally charming in their scenes together.  He’s a doll.

Just finished watching Welcome to Mama's. I absolutely loved this movie after the slow start. I actually cared for these characters. This is the best of Matty Finuchio I have ever seen. Lorraine Bracco was incredible as Mama. I've never seen Daniel D before but my oh my, is he sexy as hell. I was not so enamored about the lead actress but she was OK.

The cookbook used to give us history and wonderful flashbacks was genius. I was so moved by young Mama and Papa's scenes. Besides her recipes, the tidbits of life experience Mama wrote in her cookbook were treasures.

The soundtrack was perfect. Dean Martin's song made me cry. I sort of lost it after that.

Did I say I LOVED this movie?

Edited by luvthepros
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, ShelleySue said:

Yes.  Thank you!  Please refresh my memory one more time.  Was the photo of him as a a young man in the journal?

She finds out about her Grandfathers pre-war love in the journal who was then married with a baby when he came back from war even though he had sent her loads of letters. Then her and her Mother meet up with the long lost love, turns out her and the Grandfather had been in contact a few months before he died and everything was great and they were both happy in their lives, she had never received his letters (as her parents kept the letters from her) and they had had a great reunion. When the long lost love goes over to Nikki DeLoach's house she brings her a bunch of photos of her grandfather as a young man which she puts in the journal.

Shes then in the familys candy shop (I think ?) getting advice about siezing the day from this young handsome man who shes met while shes been back in town. Young handsome man has given her advice, he leaves, she knocks over her handbag with the journal (now containing the photos of her grandfather as a young man) and she realises that the handsome young man whos been giving her advice since she came back to town is actually her grandfather, she goes out and his footprints in the snow only go for a few paces and then theres a shooting star in the sky and she goes and siezes the day

Edited by maggiegil
(edited)

1) The Wedding Veil Unveiled (Italy)
2) The Wedding Veil Legacy (Days of our Lives)
3) The Wedding Veil (Mean Girls)

That's how I'd rank the Wedding Veil movies.  I really enjoyed the trilogy.  I really enjoyed the second two movies.  The first was just ok.  I'm glad I watched it.  Alison Sweeney is just such a good actor and I loved the Manhattan location.  (If that was even really Manhattan.  LOL).

On 2/20/2022 at 3:12 PM, ECM1231 said:

I only know Victor Webster from his Hallmark movies and like him a lot. I liked the 3rd of the trilogy the best, perhaps because it took place in NYC and I'm a Brooklyn born gal. I don't mind Allison Sweeney and I'm indifferent to Lacy Chabert. 

Both Allison and Victor are from "Days of our Lives" which makes their casting funny and cute.

I'm a big fan of "Mean Girls" but, and I feel bad for saying this, because she seems nice and all, I just don't think Lacey Chabert is a good actor.  It kind of makes sense that this is what she's doing these days.  I do think Allison is very talented however.  She played such an asshole on "Days" back in the day too.  I haven't watched since I was quite young.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

That's how I'd rank the Wedding Veil movies.  I really enjoyed the trilogy.  I really enjoyed the second two movies.  The first was just ok.  I'm glad I watched it.  Alison Sweeney is just such a good actor and I loved the Manhattan location.  (If that was even really Manhattan.  LOL).

Both Allison and Victor are from "Days of our Lives" which makes their casting funny and cute.

I'm a big fan of "Mean Girls" but, and I feel bad for saying this, because she seems nice and all, I just don't think Lacey Chabert is a good actor.  It kind of makes sense that this is what she's doing these days.  I do think Allison is very talented however.  She played such an asshole on "Days" back in the day too.  I haven't watched since I was quite young.

Have you seen Lacey Chabert in The Color of Rain? You may change your mind about her acting skills.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, luvthepros said:

Have you seen Lacey Chabert in The Color of Rain? You may change your mind about her acting skills.

If this is the movie I think it is (she's a widow who meets a widower and it's somewhat based on a real life couple), I felt she looked too young to portray her character.

• Love 1

I think I’ve said this before, but Lacey’s acting range in the Hallmark movies I have seen seems to range from mildly annoyed to mildly pleased.  It’s too bad because she has such a natural way about delivering her lines, and I know she can do better in terms of emotion.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I enjoyed the Wedding Veil Trilogy also, I enjoyed the Italian scenes, and finding out all the clues about the original owner of the Veil.  I enjoyed the 3rd one too because I like Ali Sweeney & she & Victor Webster had such an easy, fun chemistry...they were not as 'sappy" as the actors in the 1st one.  I did enjoy all the 'side" characters too, esp. the fellow who worked with Tracey at the Art Auction house...he was funny.

• Love 3

Good lord, what is it with Hallmark and Italian restaurants?  Is that the only acceptable ethic food on their checklist of tropes?  God forbid it be Ethiopian or Thai or Greek.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Good lord, what is it with Hallmark and Italian restaurants?  Is that the only acceptable ethic food on their checklist of tropes?  God forbid it be Ethiopian or Thai or Greek.  

...and my least favorite Giada as executive producer.  Ugh. 

I do like Tyler and Autumn very much and I like the movies with cooking themes of some sort or another so I'll be hopeful this doesn't get screwed up!

• Love 1
(edited)

From that article:  'She’s resistant to the changes he suggests at first, but over time comes to learn that change doesn’t have to always be a bad thing.'

Wow, Autumn Reeser playing a stubborn, intractable character who knows more than the experts and refuses to listen!  In other words, a day that ends in Y.

Edited by bankerchick
  • LOL 3

Finally watched The Baker’s Son today (Brant Daugherty: um, yum).   I liked the pseudo-fantasy, Like Water for Chocolate vibe about how the bread was only good when he was in love.

And that small town was a bit Stars Hollow-esque (albeit much less annoying).  The bit where they follow him down to the pier reminded me of an early Gilmore Girls ep, when half the town crowds outside the diner to watch Lorelai tell Luke she’s engaged.

• Love 2

Looks like in an upcoming movie Tyler Hynes has grown back the beard but kept the new hair. I loved his look in An Unexpected Christmas so I wish he'd kept that.  The Bramble Jam dudes loved that look as well.  He looks a lot younger!

I don't particularly like any of the Hallmark formulaic movies so I don't listen to Bramble Jam regularly but I did like An Unexpected Christmas so caught that podcast.  Tyler was on it and it was quite interesting to hear some of the inside stuff including some of the ad libs scenes.

• Love 1

For some reason, I paid attention to the upcoming Spring lineup commercial recently and I was shocked to see Santino Fontana is starring in one of the upcoming movies.  I couldn't believe my eyes and sure enough, he and Krysta Rodriguez are starring in one on April 2.  I absolutely loved him in Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and Shades of Blue.  And I liked Krysta in Smash.  There will probably singing.  And damn, I hope it's good.

• Love 2

Santino Fontana has a really heavy Broadway bio, I just went and looked at it.  He was the Prince in the 'Cinderella' several years ago, along with Laura Osnes and Victoria Clark (the two of them being reunited in "One Royal Holiday" a couple of years ago on Hallmark).  Fontana was also the original lead in "Tootsie."  Amazing he has time to do a Hallmark movie, but evidently he isn't in a show right now.  The Broadway guys are always my favorite Hallmark leads, when they have the time to do them.

• Love 2

Broadway has been pretty quiet for the past two years.  He has mostly doing one of stage shows or concerts or recording audiobooks (he reads the series You is based on and is so good.)

Krysta Rodriguez has also done quite a bit of Broadway.

8 hours ago, Chippings said:

Santino Fontana has a really heavy Broadway bio, I just went and looked at it.  He was the Prince in the 'Cinderella' several years ago, along with Laura Osnes and Victoria Clark (the two of them being reunited in "One Royal Holiday" a couple of years ago on Hallmark).  Fontana was also the original lead in "Tootsie."  Amazing he has time to do a Hallmark movie, but evidently he isn't in a show right now.  The Broadway guys are always my favorite Hallmark leads, when they have the time to do them.

And of course, don’t forget Hans in Frozen. Which isn’t exactly Broadway, but still. I’ll watch his Hallmark movie even if he doesn’t sing, but what a waste if he doesn’t.

• Love 3
On 3/11/2022 at 8:04 PM, Cetacean said:

Looks like in an upcoming movie Tyler Hynes has grown back the beard but kept the new hair.

OMG, I just saw that ad. That is not the hairstyle he had in Unexpected Christmas, although the length is the same. For this new movie, it looks like they’ve moussed it, and combed it forward to leave creepy points of it across his forehead, as if he needed to cover a receding hairline (don’t think he does). At best, it looks like a bad monster flick hairdo, at worst, a REALLY BAD rug!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Aw, I watched The Presence of Love over on the other Hallmark channel, and I really enjoyed it! Not sure why it was shown over there, other than it was a bit more dramatic than the normal Hallmark fare. Julian Morris, as always, was so cute and charming 😍, his little daughter was adorable, Janzo from The Outpost was in this, and the scenery was beautiful. The only part I didn’t enjoy was the prickly mother. WTF, lady? Your son is smart, kind, sweet, and a wonderful father. Stop being such a damn pain in his ass!

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Clawdette said:

When I saw Tyler's new hair style, I was reminded of Julius Caesar.  And, the Ides of March are on Tuesday. 😄

That’s good-didn’t think of that. After posting, though, I did think of Dark Shadows!

• Love 2

Wow!  Nothing about the two new movies this weekend?  I guess that I can't really criticize anyone for not posting because I've only watched one of them -- Feeling Butterflies. That was enough for one weekend. I guess that it was cute if you don't look too closely at all of the flaws. Unfortunately I'm one of those people who can't help but look at all of the flaws. I'm not sure where to start. 

- It was confusing to me that the little girl was Amanda and the butterfly competitor was Mandy. Every Mandy I've every known has either been an Amanda (except one who was Miranda, but hated the nickname Randi).

- Emily's father was an idiot.  I'm not sure why Emily would even bring Garrett in to the house when she knew her father was there.

- Garrett was so wishy-washy/spineless that right up until the last two minutes was prepared to move to NYC because that's what his father and Jill expected of him. He didn't want to work at his father's firm. He didn't love Jill. He was happy where he was.

- Garrett and Amanda were all packed up.  His car was sold. They said goodbye to everyone. They were on their way to the airport. Then they appeared at the wedding with the excuset that Sarah (the monarch) was butterfly 1,501. We didn't see him changing his mind or anything leading up to it.  That's just poor writing.

I could add to this list, but I'll leave those for others.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, ShelleySue said:

Wow!  Nothing about the two new movies this weekend?  I guess that I can't really criticize anyone for not posting because I've only watched one of them -- Feeling Butterflies.

I almost posted about this movie Saturday night, but honestly, couldn't get fussed enough to muster up any thoughts about it.  The movie was meh.  I've certainly seen worse, but there wasn't much positive to say about this one.  The whole butterfly theme was boring (and CGI fake.)  The father was indeed bizarre (maybe a Canadian reference but he'll always be the guy from the egg commercial with the weird pants.)  I would have barred him from coming to my house if the only thing he could ever talk about was my love life or lack thereof and it was just embarrassing the way he grilled Garrett and humiliated his daughter.  I love Kevin McGarry but he looks better cleaned up.  He doesn't do scruffy beard and greasy hair very well.  At least he didn't use that horrible Boston accent from the veil movies.

Based on the comments here, I'm not sure if I'm anxious or terrified to see Tyler Hynes new hair.  I still think he got plugs and is trying to find the best hairstyle for the new hairline.

It looks as if Christopher Russell is in another upcoming movie, after just being in one last weekend.  He's not the world's best actor, but he is mega-hot and he takes his shirt off in pretty much every movie, so he's A-OK with me.  It seems that he is taking over the Luke MacFarlane role of being in several movies every season, which works for me.

I tried to watch The Presence of Love but kept losing the train of thought.  Why did she keep having panic attacks?  What was the point of visiting the old homestead - it's not like t here was some sort of mystery to be solved or did I miss that, too?   Why was Lady Rosamund (sorry, can't think of that actress any other way) such a witch?

Ordinarily I don't mind Eloise but the tortured faces she kept pulling made her look constipated more than anything.  And the ending was a head scratcher as well.  You'd think the whole "one year later" scene would be something significant but there didn't seem to be anything different, event the kid hadn't changed at all.

I don't care enough to re-watch for any answers.

The scenery was just spectacular, I will give you that.

I do wish Hallmark had made the point about the windmills being a non-polluting source of energy in a world in a climate crisis.  And, by the way, they are not noisy.  If the wind is blowing hard enough for them to turn, you hear the wind, not the blades. I have stood right under the towers and, trust me, you don't hear anything.  My PSA for the day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Why was Lady Rosamund (sorry, can't think of that actress any other way) such a witch?

I’m just about to watch this, but I just had to respond with an answer unrelated to plot. Because Samantha Bond Does Witch so expertly!!!!!

• Love 1

It's almost surprising to see Samantha Bond in a Hallmark movie, isn't it, given her awesome resume' - but I guess even for her, if you have a chance to spend a few weeks working at a nice location, you do it  Noticed in the resume' they provide on the show's page, they don't mention that a couple of years ago she played the Queen in Hallmark's 'One Royal Winter' which was on last weekend.  She did a lot of nagging and complaining in that one too, but got nice at the end. 

I'm guessing one reason The Presence of Love aired on the "Mysteries & Movies" channel is because the regular Hallmark channel just aired Don't Forget I Love You in January.  Don't Forget I Love You was another movie where a daughter goes on a "journey" of sorts due to something left behind by a deceased Mom. 

Edited by Jaded
22 hours ago, bankerchick said:

The movie was meh.  I've certainly seen worse, but there wasn't much positive to say about this one.  The whole butterfly theme was boring (and CGI fake.)  The father was indeed bizarre (maybe a Canadian reference but he'll always be the guy from the egg commercial with the weird pants.)  I would have barred him from coming to my house if the only thing he could ever talk about was my love life or lack thereof and it was just embarrassing the way he grilled Garrett and humiliated his daughter.  I love Kevin McGarry but he looks better cleaned up.  He doesn't do scruffy beard and greasy hair very well.

It just wasn't a scruffy beard - the hair went down the front of his neck!

The father was insufferable and absolutely tactless.  Your daughter has a business to run - go bake in your own house!

The ex-gf was way overbounds submitting application for Garrett's daughter at some high fallutin' NY school

The CGI was obvious, but pretty

Was Emily really rolling in the dough that she could purchase all those catepillars to replace the ones that were diseased?  How much do live catapillars cost?

I know the perks would've been great for her business, but to guarantee 1,501 butterflies for some vapid, self-absorbed bride so you can get featured in a wedding magazine was a crazy move (but, of course - they pulled it off).  I'd rather cut my losses, be honest with the bride about not being able to make a promise and save my reputation than going, "1,501 butterflies?  Pfft, no problemo!' only to come up short and damage my reputation

The actress who played Emily (forgot her name - but she's Fiona on WCTG) is positively gorgeous.  Not annoying in the least.  Would love to see her become a regular and knock out some of the other tired regulars (Lacy & Autumn - I'm looking at you two)

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ctlady said:

The actress who played Emily (forgot her name - but she's Fiona on WCTG)

Her IRL name is Kayla ???

I don't know if they are still together, but in the WCTH forum, I found out that Kevin McGarry & Kayla were/are dating IRL. I think this is the first instance of Hallmark having two actors dating IRL portray a couple in one of their movies. Feel free to correct me if wrong...

On 3/14/2022 at 11:22 AM, ShelleySue said:

Wow!  Nothing about the two new movies this weekend?  I guess that I can't really criticize anyone for not posting because I've only watched one of them -- Feeling Butterflies. That was enough for one weekend. I guess that it was cute if you don't look too closely at all of the flaws. Unfortunately I'm one of those people who can't help but look at all of the flaws. I'm not sure where to start. 

- It was confusing to me that the little girl was Amanda and the butterfly competitor was Mandy. Every Mandy I've every known has either been an Amanda (except one who was Miranda, but hated the nickname Randi).

- Emily's father was an idiot.  I'm not sure why Emily would even bring Garrett in to the house when she knew her father was there.

- Garrett was so wishy-washy/spineless that right up until the last two minutes was prepared to move to NYC because that's what his father and Jill expected of him. He didn't want to work at his father's firm. He didn't love Jill. He was happy where he was.

- Garrett and Amanda were all packed up.  His car was sold. They said goodbye to everyone. They were on their way to the airport. Then they appeared at the wedding with the excuset that Sarah (the monarch) was butterfly 1,501. We didn't see him changing his mind or anything leading up to it.  That's just poor writing.

I could add to this list, but I'll leave those for others.

I enjoyed this because it was light & sweet,  I did not think too deeply about all the lack of detail, although I agree it seemed too wrap up too quickly.  The Dad was all packed & ready to move to NYC & then suddenly changed his mind & the movie ended, but all Hallmark movies seem to zip to the ending which is always happy.

On 3/14/2022 at 12:47 PM, Cetacean said:

I have stood right under the towers and, trust me, you don't hear anything

In the spirit of “interesting to visit, but I wouldn’t want to live there”, you might want to do a quick search for health effects associated with living in proximity of wind turbines. 
I liked that the movie portrayed the decision to add revenue to the farm by leasing out to wind companies as being somewhat problematic. There are subsidies galore (your tax dollars) for building them, but no monetary assistance for delivery or maintenance. Hence, the horrible situation in Texas last winter, as people suffered in subzero temps without electricity, heat, and water. 

• Love 1