Type keyword(s) to search

Hallmark Movies: Small Town Royalty Magically Celebrating Rekindled Love! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

54 minutes ago, bankerchick said:

Tyler's hair has been bad for a while, in various different bad ways. 

I honestly thought it looked ton better in An Unexpected Christmas.  With the new hair and sans beard it was like a completely different guy.

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, Woopwoopkitty said:

I watched Just One Kiss and thoroughly enjoyed it. I can already guess all the negative things the usual haters will post. I liked not just the rom but this one had com too!  And.the singing! And no mermaid waves.

as to the exchange of money conversation, I often see someone order a coffee or ice cream bars from a cart and then hand over a folded bill.  They never ask how much it is and no change is ever given.

as for brands featured, I’ve seen Jergens, Walmart, and Nestles chocolate chips in addition to Folgers.  I know there have been others but I don’t recall them at the moment.

i am traumatized by Tyler Hines’ hair in the previews.  I might dump him and go back to Wes Brown.  I’d pick up Christopher Russel but he’s tainted from having kissed Cindy Busby.  Ewww,yuck.

You probably won't believe it, but I was pleasantly surprised by Just One Kiss, lol.   The lead actress wasn't a skinny, beachy wave-tressed, ditsy, puerile, vocal fry mess!  I was clueless about the moms (great to see Illeana Douglas; she's always appreciated by me) right up to the end.

That apartment hallway was kind of creepy though.  

Edited by Bronx Babe
  • Love 5

Nature of Love -- City girl is an undercover writer who goes "glamping" as part of an assignment, gets hysterical at a racoon and runs away from a bear, instead of (as she herself says) dropping to the ground and playing dead, but then wouldn't conveniently bump into the hunky, sensitive wildlife guide.

The usual Harlequin romance stuff.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Woopwoopkitty said:

I’d pick up Christopher Russel but he’s tainted from having kissed Cindy Busby.  Ewww,yuck.

2 hours ago, bankerchick said:

my personal faves are Travis Van Winkle (for being hot) and Paul Campbell (for being funny and charming.)  Christopher Russell is hot enough to get past the Busby cooties.  

Agree with you on Travis and Paul. 
Corey Sevier is another favorite of mine because he was my favorite character on a show called Little Men, based on Louisa May Alcott.

Can anyone give me the deets on the dislike for Busby?  What’s going on?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Scenary nice.  All the rest drivel.

Even with breathtaking, natural scenery, Hallmark felt it had to be "enhanced" with plastic flowers.

There is something so inherently -- I can't even find the adjective -- about that.

• Love 2
(edited)

Why are all the office bosses so cartoonishly corporate?  I would like to think it's deliberate, but not so sure....

"We were all saddened to hear of your mother's passing in that car accident.  I understand you buried her yesterday.  We'd like you to come back first thing tomorrow morning and give the client what we know will be your best pitch.  This could mean a promotion"

Lead actor/actress employee:  "Um, yes...yes, I'll be there."

Boss:  "Good.  Work is the best antidote for personal tragedy"

Edited by Bronx Babe
  • Love 2

I also liked Just One Kiss a whole lot.  It's so, so great to see new faces, and ones with such great bios.  I had to be reminded that Krysta Rodriguez had been in a couple of seasons of "Smash", but I knew Santino Fontana has a great Broadway resume.  A good and new actual story, also, with the twist about the moms  With singing  Wow.

It surely is more trouble for them to recruit and cast "new" people with great experience to do one of these movies, but I can only see Jen Lilley find true love just so many times, and even my favorite, Andrew Walker - ditto.   But the refreshing and entertaining movie is surely worth the producers' extra effort.

• Love 4
(edited)

I also liked Just One Kiss but I love Santino Fontana and really enjoy Krysta Rodriguez so I feel like I was predisposed to liking it.  It was a little edgier than these movies usually get.

I figured out what was up with the two moms immediately.  It would have been an amazing coincidence for them both to be in the movie theater where their kids were at the same time.  Great casting for them as well.

The lead was a little pushier than we normally get in terms of asking the woman out but I didn't think it crossed a line.  I thought it was risky that she was going through a divorce in the movie as opposed to having completed her divorce a few years ago.

I was pleasantly surprised by how much singing there was.  I thought we might get a song or two but I feel like almost every segment had him singing.  That's a win in my book.  I only wish we had more of them singing together, especially since they did acknowledge that she was a good singer too.

The NY set felt so similar to the Italian restaurant movie set from two weeks ago (and I will not be surprised if it's used in the Tyler/Amber movie next week.)  Economizing?  It cracked me up to see Peter Benson show up for two minutes of screen time.  Is he in all of these movies?

Definitely one I'd watch again. 

And if you haven't seen Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Santino Fontana was great in it for the first season or so of episodes.  As a sampling of his performances, here's Greg's Drinking Song (in "honor" of the alcoholism in the movie I guess? lol) and probably his signature song from the show "Settle for Me."

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 6

I watched Just One Kiss today and I liked it so much for all of the reasons mentioned by everyone already.  Loved hearing Santino sing the standards (he is made for them) and he and Krysta were a nice match.  The daughter and niece weren’t precocious and annoying.  It’s amazing to me to see how handsome the actor has become who played her husband — he’s come a long way since I first saw him on Good Witch.  I concur about the rarely-seen-on-Hallmark realities they addressed of an alcoholic who lost the family’s money and ruined their trust and security.  Santino is a winning actor and I so enjoyed Krysta as well.  I was one of those who didn’t guess the secret about the mothers, but I liked it and those two actresses were fantastic additions to the cast.  Will watch it again for sure.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

I watched Just One Kiss today and I liked it so much for all of the reasons mentioned by everyone already. 

Other than the usual utterly stupid "misunderstanding" it was a very rare Hallmark movie that I would consider watching again if only for Krysta's hair color and style.  The singing was a nice change as was the introduction of divorce and alcoholism into the mix.  The jealous ex was not odious and it was possible to have some sympathy for someone who had been married for 12 years and cleaned up his act while at the same time understanding that his wife was done with it all.  The teens were low key and believable.

It's almost like it was not a Hallmark movie at all.  And that's a good thing.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

I watched Just One Kiss today and I liked it so much for all of the reasons mentioned by everyone already.

Looking forward to seeing this once it uploads to On Demand.  The actress looks like she could be related to Catherine Bell and I like the actor's Frank Sinatra-esque character

Finally saw The Presence Of Love all the way through yesterday.  The scenery and structures were gorgeous, but I'm wondering if they filmed this in Ireland.  The aerial shot showing the green land that looked like square patches reminded me of the opening scene in the Sons of Anarchy episode where they went to Ireland.  Either way - that B&B, the farm, the hills overlooking the sea - just gorgeous.

And like 2 dozen clowns trying to stuff themselves in an old Volkswagon, Joss sure was able to pack all those full length coats into that one piece of hard cover roller luggage.  Even if there weren't any coats in there, you're going overseas - to Europe - for 2 weeks.  You'd need to take a lot more than coats.  But....the place had a washer and dryer so that probably cut down on how much to pack.  Other than the lavender coat and jeans, I didn't see her wear the same thing twice

2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Other than the usual utterly stupid "misunderstanding" it was a very rare Hallmark movie that I would consider watching again if only for Krysta's hair color and style.  The singing was a nice change as was the introduction of divorce and alcoholism into the mix.  The jealous ex was not odious and it was possible to have some sympathy for someone who had been married for 12 years and cleaned up his act while at the same time understanding that his wife was done with it all.  The teens were low key and believable.

And the "misunderstanding", at least on the guy's side, was the ex basically telling him tha the had moved back in.  It was a lie but he had a more solid reason to believe it was over.  The ridiculous misunderstanding was on her side when she thought his sister was perhaps another date. 

(edited)

Watching Just One Kiss, I was delighted Hallmark didn't eliminate these particular lyrics from New York, New York:  "Those little town blues, are melting away...."

Perhaps the channel is finally embracing the very human fact that big cities, especially the so-called "elite coastal" ones, are not Evil Incarnate breeding grounds for moral decay.

Or maybe Hallmark is merely being strategic:  Acknowledgement of mid-twentieth century Mad Men nostalgia (i.e. Rat Pack, Sinatra, etc.) could bring in a bigger audience not tuning in because of stereotypical biases against Urbanity.

Being a born and bred Noo Yawker, I can tell you that the isle of Manhattan also incorporates down-to-earth boroughs such as the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, etc.  Our neighborhoods had a charm all their own, and with major family values.  Hallmark should not neglect this aspect of America in their "storylines".

Edited by Bronx Babe
  • Love 7
(edited)

Lesbians touching and being in a relationship are coming to a Hallmark movie near you. There were some dramatics in posts for this video in the comment section on YT. I haven't looked yet but am guessing there's high drama over on places like the Hallmark Channel FB page which is more easily accessible to the people who like to try to be overly dramatic while clutching their pearls over the slow branching out in content that's been happening for a few years.

I just started seeing the commercials for this movie on the main channel in the past couple days. They added this and another preview clip onto onto YT almost 2 weeks ago. I meant to post about this movie last month when I came across an article about it on the Deadline entertainment news site instead I got distracted and forgot.

Edited by Jaded
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

I haven't looked yet but am guessing there's high drama over on places like the Hallmark Channel FB page which is more easily accessible to the people who like to try to be overly dramatic while clutching their pearls over the slow branching out in content that's been happening for a few years.

I would imagine thar there are heads exploding about how. Including my neighbor's who can't watch Hallmark with her grandkids anymore because it's no longer "wholesome" and "why do they have to talk about this like it's normal". 

Um, because it is?  Because kids with same sex parents deserve to know that they are not an aberration?  Because all men are created equal, love is love,  and different races can actually get married in the 21st century? 

My eyes rolled so far back I could read the tag on my collar.

Edited by Cetacean
  • Love 7

I looked at Hallmark Channel's FB page and IG accounts where they've yet to post about Love, Classified. Their Twitter could be confused with one solely for the show WCTH.

17 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Did anyone bother with the Always Amore movie?  I'm guessing not since it hasn't been mentioned.

You read my mind!  All of a sudden, it dawned on me that no one had commented on Always Amore.  To the point that I double-checked to see if it had already aired or maybe I was wrong on the date and it's upcoming (but yes, it has aired!).  I am curious what people thought.  I'm a fan of the two leads (though Tyler's hair looks horrible again) so might try to seek it out if it's good.

Tried getting through Love Under The Olive Tree but just couldn't.  I'm sorry, but the tropes really did me in.  Family feud (they always try to make them the equivalent of the Hatfield/McCoys or Montagues vs. Capulets) saving the company, mermaid hair, workaholics, competition up the wazoo, festivals, apple-picking, all in some place called Sunset Valley, which actually sounds like a retirement community. And the plastic "autumn" flowers amid the otherwise lush green landscape.  (Dad:  "Honey, this is your favorite time of year")

• Love 1

Caught the second half of Always Amore just because there was nothing else on.  Standard stuff, nothing new other than Tyler's hair which really didn't bother me that much.

Naturally there is the wise old Italian Nonna to spread her wisdom.  Would it kill them to use some other ethnicity once in a while?

Big snooze.

If I had been interested in Always Amore before finding out Giada De Laurentiis was associated with it I would have passed after finding out. She annoys me so much. I avoided that Xmas movie on FN that involved The Pioneer Woman too.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jaded said:

She annoys me so much. I avoided that Xmas movie on FN that involved The Pioneer Woman too.

Yep, Giada and Ree have to be two of the most annoying women on TV.

Didn't realize Always Amore already aired.  I find Giada very off-putting but Ree doesn't bother me too much, probably because she actually has a sense of humor which Giada most emphatically does not.

The most annoying woman on television in my opinion has got to be that so-called celebrity chef Alex Guarnaschelli, who seems to be on every single television food competition show.   

• Love 1
(edited)
22 hours ago, Jaded said:

Lesbians touching and being in a relationship are coming to a Hallmark Movie near you.

So, let me get this straight.  Hallmark is now progressive enough to feature gay couples, but heaven forbid they show a straight, married couple laying in the same bed together.  I'm surprised they even had Elizabeth and Lucas on When Calls The Heart engage in slow, open mouth kissing, but all married Lee and Rosemary seem to do is quick pecks and nose nuzzles.

Thanks, but no thanks Hallmark.  You can tick off all the 'woke' checkboxes, but you won't fool me

Edited by ctlady
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, ctlady said:

Hallmark is now progressive enough to feature gay couples, but heaven forbid they show a straight, married couple laying in the same bed together. 

Those aren't the same thing.  Lesbians touching is akin to a straight couple touching.

• Love 5
On 4/5/2022 at 9:43 PM, Cetacean said:

Caught the second half of Always Amore just because there was nothing else on.  Standard stuff, nothing new other than Tyler's hair which really didn't bother me that much.

Naturally there is the wise old Italian Nonna to spread her wisdom.  Would it kill them to use some other ethnicity once in a while?

Big snooze.

I tried to watch it twice.  So boring.  Exactly what I would have expected from Giada.

• Love 2

I had taped and finally watched The Lost Valentine with Betty White and Jennifer Love Hewitt.  That had to be a vintage HOF because it was too good to be their run of the mill movies.  I actually cried.  Well worth catching.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Crs97 said:

I had taped and finally watched The Lost Valentine with Betty White and Jennifer Love Hewitt.  That had to be a vintage HOF because it was too good to be their run of the mill movies.  I actually cried.  Well worth catching.

I have that saved on my YTTV DVR and was debating on watching because how annoying I can find JLH sometimes. I'll try to watch it this weekend if I'm in the mood for something that might make me cry.

(edited)

Hallmark Reveals May Movie Lineup

Warming Up to You

Starring: Cindy Busby, Christopher Russell, Caitlin Stryker
Premieres: Saturday, May 7
Kate Wolfe (Busby) is a fitness instructor who leaves Los Angeles to take a job at her best friend’s wellness retreat. To her surprise, A-list actor Rick Steele (Russell) is assigned by the studio to train with her for his new feature film. Not only does the duo make a breakthrough athletically, but they also equally break through some personal walls and find an unexpected friendship that is put at risk when Rick’s co-star is also sent to train with Kate.

Road Trip Romance

Starring: Natalie Hall, Corey Sevier
Premieres: Saturday, May 14
An escalating series of unfortunate events keeps delaying a young woman’s journey (Hall) to her sister’s wedding -- a journey she is forced to take with the guy (Sevier) who was her biggest rival in high school.

Romance to the Rescue

Starring: Andrea Brooks, Marcus Rosner, Nathan Witte
Premieres: Saturday, May 21
Trevor (Witte), the new manager at the grocery store where Kyra (Brooks) works, seems to check off all the boxes when it comes to what she’s looking for in love. When her well-meaning co-worker tells dog-loving Trevor that Kyra has an agility-trained dog, she plays along. Trevor is excited for Kyra to enter her dog in the upcoming agility contest the store is sponsoring, leaving her with a canine quandary -- she must adopt a dog and get him competition ready, stat. With the help of Mark (Rosner), the head of the dog rescue, she may pull it off and learn some lessons of her own along the way.

Edited by Jaded
(edited)

Hallmark Reveals April Movie Lineup

A Royal Runaway Romance

Starring: Philippa Northeast, Brant Daugherty
Premieres: Saturday, April 9
Princess Amelia of Bundbury (Northeast) travels across America to explore a budding romance with an artist, only to fall in love with her bodyguard, Grady (Daugherty).

Love, Classified

Starring: Melora Hardin, Arienne Mandi, Katherine McNamara, Max Lloyd-Jones
Premieres: Saturday, April 16
Romance novelist Emilia (Hardin) is a whirlwind who blows back into the lives of her adult children, Taylor (McNamara) and Zach (Lloyd-Jones), under the pretense of a book signing arranged by her hometown’s local book shop. As Emilia tries to reconnect, Taylor and Zach explore new and past relationships through an app that boasts old-fashioned human connection by way of the classified ad. Zach is given a chance to heal old wounds while Taylor matches with a woman that changes the way she’s always thought about love. 

A Tail of Love

Starring: Brittany Bristow, Chris McNally
Premieres: Saturday, April 23
Bella (Bristow) learns her dog rescue’s future is in question when they lose funding from their main sponsor, a dog food company that’s being sold. The late owner’s son, JR (McNally), is a soldier who is home on leave to handle the sale. During a visit to the rescue, JR quickly bonds with Indie, a retired military dog they just took in, and begins spending more time there. When Bella learns the rescue’s property is also being sold, she turns to JR for help with finding the missing document proving her grandparents purchased the land many years before.

Edited by Jaded

9 hours ago, Jaded said:

Warming Up to You

Starring: Cindy Busby, Christopher Russell, Caitlin Stryker
Premieres: Saturday, May 7
Kate Wolfe (Busby) is a fitness instructor who leaves Los Angeles to take a job at her best friend’s wellness retreat. To her surprise, A-list actor Rick Steele (Russell) is assigned by the studio to train with her for his new feature film. Not only does the duo make a breakthrough athletically, but they also equally break through some personal walls and find an unexpected friendship that is put at risk when Rick’s co-star is also sent to train with Kate.

I believe Warming Up To You has already aired in Canada as Love In Action.  From IMDB:  'An outdoorsy fitness expert (Busby) at a luxury wellness retreat must whip a bad-boy movie star (Russell) into shape before shooting begins on his next action film.'  Yes, it's terrible.  I'm pretty sure Chris takes his shirt off, which as well all know, is my criteria for whether one of his movies is good, but Cindy Busby is a movie killer to me.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Irlandesa said:
On 4/6/2022 at 8:57 AM, ctlady said:

Hallmark is now progressive enough to feature gay couples, but heaven forbid they show a straight, married couple laying in the same bed together. 

Those aren't the same thing.  Lesbians touching is akin to a straight couple touching.

I know they're not.  But showing couples - married or not - in bed (not even in an intimate way), kissing, etc. has been known to be *GASP* scenarios (or pearl clutching) on Hallmark.  They're rarely shown these situations.  So to jump right to homosexual couples touching, kissing, etc. when they can't even venture down that road with straight/married couples without worrying about the pearl clutchers doesn't make sense

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, ctlady said:

But showing couples - married or not - in bed (not even in an intimate way), kissing, etc. has been known to be *GASP* scenarios (or pearl clutching) on Hallmark. 

I'm surprised they don't have them in single beds a la the Lucy and Desi era when double beds on TV were verboten.

17 hours ago, Crs97 said:

Just checked IMDb. The 2011 movie was originally broadcast on Sunday evening on CBS. I believe that was a HOF movie.

I sobbed my eyes out. Betty White really showed her acting chops in this film. I never really thought she had that in her. LOVED the scenes from WWII.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

"You got this"

"I get it"

"We got this"

"I get that"

"The vessel with the pestle is in the palace with the chalice....Got it? Get it? Good!"

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that movie (The Court Jester). Danny Kaye was superb in that. His comedic and physical talent can not be matched by anyone.

1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

Gawd, that list of upcoming films sounds just awful.  There isn't a single one that I would set my DVR for. 

Paging the 21st century.

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I'd like to see Candace Cameron Bure in some new movies. Seems she is MIA. Where are the old timers? Are they getting to old to be the leads? Whaaaaaaa.

• Love 2

luvthepros, even Basil Rathbone said that Danny was an excellent swordsman!

I will bet that some Hallmark writers are watching Dr. Who and the Daleks on TCM this evening.

They are all a bunch of frustrated science fiction writers.  That is, the human ones....

• LOL 2
12 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

luvthepros, even Basil Rathbone said that Danny was an excellent swordsman!

I did not know that Kaye was an excellent swordsman. I figured he was able to do the choreography for the sword fighting. He was such a good mover.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/7/2022 at 8:34 AM, ctlady said:

I know they're not.  But showing couples - married or not - in bed (not even in an intimate way), kissing, etc. has been known to be *GASP* scenarios (or pearl clutching) on Hallmark.  They're rarely shown these situations. So to jump right to homosexual couples touching, kissing, etc. when they can't even venture down that road with straight/married couples without worrying about the pearl clutchers doesn't make sense

"Why can't Hallmark be more progressive? There are couples who aren't married and straight, why can't they ever show them? Wait, no, why can't they show straight married couples kissing and sharing a bed?"

What? 🙂

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
19 hours ago, luvthepros said:

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I'd like to see Candace Cameron Bure in some new movies. Seems she is MIA. Where are the old timers? Are they getting to old to be the leads? Whaaaaaaa.

I think CCBs daughter is probably old enough to be a Hallmark lead by now.  I have no objection to her being an age appropriate character, i.e. a late 40-something looking for love, but enough of the 40 year olds pretending they're 30.  Or they could cast her as the parent of a lead, as they seem to be doing to the 45-50 year old Hallmark men.  And her movie this past Christmas sucked.

• Love 3
On 4/8/2022 at 12:21 PM, bankerchick said:

I think CCBs daughter is probably old enough to be a Hallmark lead by now.  I have no objection to her being an age appropriate character, i.e. a late 40-something looking for love, but enough of the 40 year olds pretending they're 30.  Or they could cast her as the parent of a lead, as they seem to be doing to the 45-50 year old Hallmark men.  And her movie this past Christmas sucked.

You are probably right about Candace's daughter.

Just watched Just One Kiss and loved it. I couldn't place the actress who played Tony's mother and of course knew right away when I looked her up.......Tony Soprano's sister!

I knew there was some sort of twist with the mothers BEFORE watching the movie from reading this forum. Wouldn't you know, I forgot there was a twist  and didn't realize it until the big reveal at the end of the movie. Smart writing! I won't say what the twist is in case some haven't seen the movie yet.

• Love 1

I liked Royal Runaway Romance enough.  The delivery of the leads was kind of low key but they had chemistry and I liked the road trip angle; although I did think it was weird that he was hired to be her bodyguard while in the States but left her once she got to Chicago.  I assume her uncle expected him to guard her in Chicago as well.

But was pleasant enough for a late night watch and I didn't fall asleep.  You might be wondering why a late night watch?  That's because I happened upon Hallmark Drama before the movie started last night and they were playing The Magic of Ordinary Days and Loving Leah back-to-back.  Seen them both many times and have them on my DVR so was I going to stop and watch them live?  Hell yeah.

• Love 2