Type keyword(s) to search

Hallmark Movies: Small Town Royalty Magically Celebrating Rekindled Love! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm watching the latest Garage Sale Mystery & they had a commercial for the 4th one that's showing this month. " A Case of Murder" & they called it "the final chapter" in the "limited edition series". Are the Garage Sale Mysteries done forever after the last movie? They sure made it sound that way. 

There will be a Rockford Files marathon on HMM on Aug 19th and then the show will be on from 11am est/10am ct to 1pm est/12pm est weekly until Xmas invades on Oct. 27th.

Summer in the Vineyard will be on later tonight Saturday on the regular Hallmark Channel at 9pm est/8pm ct. Autumn in the Vineyard will re-air before it.

Sunday is the next GSM movie Garage Sale Mystery: Murder by Text at 9pm est/8pm ct on HMM.

On August 19th Eat, Play, Love will be on the regular HC at 9pm est/8pm ct. It stars Jen Lilley, Jason Cermak, Lee Majors, & Lindsay Wagner. I might tune into this one to see Lindsay and Lee. It's also involves animals which appeals to me at least too.

On HMM I've been seeing commercials for Darrow and Darrow which appears to be airing sometime in Oct.

“Darrow & Darrow” from Emmy Award ® Winner Phoef Sutton (“Cheers,” “Boston Legal”) starring Kimberly Williams-Paisley (“Father of the Bride”), Tom Cavanagh (“The Flash,” “Ed”) and Wendie Malick (“Hot in Cleveland”). 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, voiceover said:

Hey: he's all yours.

More Rupert Penry-Jones for me.

It's  a shame he's only been in one Hallmark movie. I was hoping he'd be in more since he makes such a swoon worthy prince, and hallmark always has an obsession with royalty falling in love with commonfolk during the holidays. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, voiceover said:

More Rupert Penry-Jones for me.

If only he were a Hallmark staple, so many movies would be improved.  Alas, he is not.  But hey, maybe thats a sequel Hallmark will put into production.  It's calling for one.  Big royal wedding?  Next June.  Make it happen Hallmark.

21 hours ago, GaT said:

I'm watching the latest Garage Sale Mystery & they had a commercial for the 4th one that's showing this month. " A Case of Murder" & they called it "the final chapter" in the "limited edition series". Are the Garage Sale Mysteries done forever after the last movie? They sure made it sound that way. 

No.  More were announced for next year/season.  It's pretty silly calling it a limited edition series since each episode stands alone but that's Hallmark for you.  They were only talking about the August event.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 6

Just watched Love at the Shore and enjoyed it for the most part. Well, until the last half hour or so. I liked the leads and the best friend, but OMG, those kids grated on my nerves. Way too precociously "cute." They and the mom assumed way too much of the neighbor, who I knew had to be more than a slacker surfer. I liked the way they unfolded his story, though; I didn't suspect what his backstory was. But of course, it all ended happy, as it always does.

• Love 4

Autumn in the Vineyard was a pretty good offering from last year.  There was a Romeo-Juliet aspect, several story lines going on, and a slight amount of realism.  But FF to Summer in the Vineyard with the same characters, and it looked like a desperate attempt written by amateurs.   Light on plot, phoned-in acting, the styling was terrible - I mean why does Frankie all of a sudden need to wear gobs of makeup and have curled hair to work in the fields?   She didn't before.  The father was re-cast, and not for the better.  The best friend was missing and replaced by a cousin.  Bad idea all around, Hallmark. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Suzysite said:

Autumn in the Vineyard was a pretty good offering from last year.  There was a Romeo-Juliet aspect, several story lines going on, and a slight amount of realism.  But FF to Summer in the Vineyard with the same characters, and it looked like a desperate attempt written by amateurs.   Light on plot, phoned-in acting, the styling was terrible - I mean why does Frankie all of a sudden need to wear gobs of makeup and have curled hair to work in the fields?   She didn't before.  The father was re-cast, and not for the better.  The best friend was missing and replaced by a cousin.  Bad idea all around, Hallmark. 

I completely agree with everything you said. Until you mentioned it, I didn't even connect it to the original movie.  I felt no chemistry between the lead characters at all.  I almost turned it off after the first half hour but there was nothing else on tv so I muddled through.

• Love 4

I actually liked Summer in the Vineyard. I was in need of some fluff last night and it fit the bill. I liked Autumn in the Vineyard as well, but have not watched it again in awhile, so I did not notice the recast of the dad and did not mind the best friend being gone. I thought there was a decent amount of chemistry between the leads. I probably was in a forgiving mood hallmark movie wise yesterday, so who knows. I found it enjoyable enough.

I found the contrast between the two more noticeable since Autumn was on again directly before Summer.   I actually said, 'This is terrible', several times while trying to wade through Summer.

• Love 2

I didn't really love Autumn so I didn't think Summer was all that much worse.  I did notice the best friend being gone because I like that actress.  I didn't notice the father recast.

One thing I did realize during watching is that sometimes a villain is needed.  Something to spice it up.

• Love 1

Sooooo...

Steve Bacic (All for Love) is 14 years older than his co-star Sara Rue, and I just wanted to eat him up with a spoon.

He can join Rupert in my Leading Man stable.  

See?  It's not the age.  It's the actor.

• Love 5

Love at the Shore was decent, but only because I enjoyed the leads and their chemistry. Her best friend was also good.

Jenna was too uptight for my taste. Who complains about beach volleyball noise while at the beach? Also, I didn't like how mean she was to him all the time, down to the last 10 minutes. I don't know how he fell in love with her. I liked him in the Cinderella movie much better- I hope to see him in more Hallmark movies because I definitely enjoyed the shirtless scenes more than I should have. 

• Love 2

I just watched Garage Sale Mystery: Murder by Text. The women who played Lita Meril & Pamela Dalton looked too much alike. I was really glad when one of them got killed off because I was having trouble figuring out what was going on when they were both there.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, GaT said:

I just watched Garage Sale Mystery: Murder by Text. The women who played Lita Meril & Pamela Dalton looked too much alike. I was really glad when one of them got killed off because I was having trouble figuring out what was going on when they were both there.

I said the same exact thing to my mom - we were watching together. 

They did look a lot alike.  I was disappointed in that movie.  I didn't mind the sister visit story but they also had the abandoned building story.  Aren't most of the stories supposed to focus on the murder?  Not that there was much there anyway.  When they gave huge hints that she was jealous of the rock star and his wife at the beginning of the episode but held back that they were actually having an affair until the end--was there really any doubt who killed her?

I'm also watching Eat, Play, Love and hating it except for the Lee Majors/Lindsay Wagner parts.  First, horrible title.  Horrible.  Second, it has one of the lamest "other person" stories in that he's engaged to someone he doesn't love.  Third, the fiancee is supposed to be the mean girl but the lead character pretty much decides to chase her ex even though he's engaged.  She's also really snarky with her to the point that I could say either one of these two could be considered a 'mean girl.'

Finally, I love dogs. LOVE them.  They're my bundles of joy (except my dog is the best, obviously.)  But not loving dogs is not a character flaw?  It might be an incompatibility with a partners but here it was presented as her being some kind of evil.  Not loving dogs isn't evil.  It's only evil is my dog does not like you. (He loves everyone so if he doesn't like someone---there's something there. )

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 3

The best thing about this movie were the dogs.  I recently put my sweet boy to sleep so I was very teary-eyed watching, particularly toward the end when they were all running around playing.  The pairing of Lee Majors and Lindsay Wagner was supposed to be a nod toward their roles as the Bionic Man and Bionic Woman but I found the whole thing very contrived.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I'm also watching Eat, Play, Love and hating it except for the Lee Majors/Lindsay Wagner parts.  First, horrible title.  Horrible.  Second, it has one of the lamest "other person" stories in that he's engaged to someone he doesn't love.  Third, the fiancee is supposed to be the mean girl but the lead character pretty much decides to chase her ex even though he's engaged.  She's also really snarky with her to the point that I could say either one of these two could be considered a 'mean girl.'

I liked nothing about it and it suffered from the worst romantic trope ever.. "ugly" girl who obviously isn't ugly takes her glasses off and becomes a babe. OMG.. seriously? I mean she even had heavy eye make up on under the glasses? All as even more stupid because they knew each other before.. 

Hallmark if you need some new writers I am not busy.. I could not do worse. 

• Love 9

I was looking forward to this movie but may stay away from it since you guys didn't like it. Watched Dash of Love instead, and I still enjoy that movie a lot. Movies where both leads are single and allowed to fall in love instead of one of them being engaged to someone "not meant for them" are so much more enjoyable. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, twoods said:

I was looking forward to this movie but may stay away from it since you guys didn't like it.

Aww, don't stay away, it was actually pretty cute.  I'm not a dog person at all, but I enjoyed it.   Yes, the girl who is actually pretty behind her glasses is an old standard, but she was a busy vet and it was more that she'd never updated her look than that she was any kind of "ugly".

And the "mean girl" actually was pretty manipulative, not just that she disliked dogs.  She outright lied to the guy about having a job waiting for him.

• Love 4

The Miford movie. The casting is all wrong. Andie MacDowell as Cynthia, when Cynthia is supposed to be blonde and petite. What accent is she supposed to have--southern, Boston? I can't figure it out. 

Cameron Matheson as Father Tim??? He is far too young. Father Tim is supposed to be in his 60's and portly. Plus, Cameron seems too young for Andie. He is in his forties. Andie is almost sixty.

Ugh, I enjoyed the books, but not this unrealistic casting in the movie.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, BooBear said:

I liked nothing about it and it suffered from the worst romantic trope ever.. "ugly" girl who obviously isn't ugly takes her glasses off and becomes a babe.

I was really irritated with that scene too.  But then I don't always hate the makeover scenes and the way this one played out was okay considering it was a total fail.  So I came to the conclusion that I was hating pretty much everything about the movie and it spilled over into the makeover scene.

7 hours ago, twoods said:

I was looking forward to this movie but may stay away from it since you guys didn't like it.

I think the bar for these is kind of low so there are things that I've enjoyed that others hate and things I've hated that others have enjoyed.  But you'll know pretty early on because I knew about fifteen minutes in.  It led to...shall we say....faster viewing experience.

6 hours ago, Suzysite said:

And the "mean girl" actually was pretty manipulative, not just that she disliked dogs.  She outright lied to the guy about having a job waiting for him.

Yes but that wasn't revealed until the end of the movie.  Most of the stuff we got before that was her distaste for dogs and the fact that the lead and the friend/guy's sister didn't like her.  Meanwhile, the lead decides to go straight after the newly engaged guy.  Sure, her plans were portrayed as "cute" while the girlfriend took on an evil hue but really, both kinda awful. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

The best thing about this movie were the dogs.  I recently put my sweet boy to sleep so I was very teary-eyed watching, particularly toward the end when they were all running around playing.  

I am so very sorry for your loss!

I feel somehow reassured to think my own dear beagle was part of his welcoming committee.

• Love 5

"ugly" girl who obviously isn't ugly takes her glasses off

I found it especially amusing that in the 'high school' photos of them, she has the exact. same. frames. Come on props people! A little effort! She hasn't gotten new frames since high school?

• Love 4

I watched 30 minutes of it and it was okay. I was annoyed by the lead being a mean girl and talking crap about her to her fiancé, and making obvious googly eyes the whole time. What a bummer because I liked the lead in other movies and think she is one of the better actresses in the Hallmark/Lifetime world.

Im going to watch a much better animal movie later tonight- Nine Lives of Christmas. 

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1

Just watched Garage Sale Mystery: Murder Most Medieval & pretty much knew who the killer was as soon as they appeared on screen.  They also spent way too much time on the daughter running for class president (or whatever she was running for) & I had no interest in that. These movies seem to be bringing in too much of Jennifer's family this season.

• Love 1

Did anyone catch that movie with Andie McDowell? Didn't look good so decided not to DVR it. Sorry Pickles, just saw your comment. Will stay away from it.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1
On 8/22/2017 at 11:34 AM, twoods said:

Did anyone catch that movie with Andie McDowell? Didn't look good so decided not to DVR it. Sorry Pickles, just saw your comment. Will stay away from it.

I did see it.  I actually like Andie but she is just not a good actress and I was distracted by how much younger Cameron Mathison is than she.  I know that shouldn't matter but it did to me.  Plus I prefer Cameron SO much on the Murder She Baked series (love that series!) so I didn't like seeing him in this pairing, especially as the beloved Mitford minister. 

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 4
On 8/20/2017 at 10:15 PM, Pickles said:

The Miford movie. The casting is all wrong. Andie MacDowell as Cynthia, when Cynthia is supposed to be blonde and petite. What accent is she supposed to have--southern, Boston? I can't figure it out. 

Cameron Matheson as Father Tim??? He is far too young. Father Tim is supposed to be in his 60's and portly. Plus, Cameron seems too young for Andie. He is in his forties. Andie is almost sixty.

Ugh, I enjoyed the books, but not this unrealistic casting in the movie.

This one suffered from "I read the books" syndrome.   Andie MacDowell is a gorgeous actress.   Cameron Mathison is drool worthy.   And I even liked Eat, Play, Love.  Those stars together, in a slow moving romance about a children's book author and a minister in a small rural North Carolina town -- they didn't work.   We needed an older, pudgier male lead -- Chris Noth or John Schneider come to mind.   And a petite blonde (cough Barbara Niven/ Annie Potts cough)  wouldn't be a bad option.

• Love 2

Weird article. I don't think viewership is up because of politics- it's because they have way more new movies that they crank out than before. Their Saturday night movies are number one in total viewers, even the crappy ones. The downside of their increase in viewership is a further decrease in quality of their movies since they will try to make even more movies. At least we have eachother to weed through the bad ones to find the occasional gem.

• Love 5
On 8/22/2017 at 3:46 PM, twoods said:

Weird article. I don't think viewership is up because of politics- it's because they have way more new movies that they crank out than before. Their Saturday night movies are number one in total viewers, even the crappy ones. The downside of their increase in viewership is a further decrease in quality of their movies since they will try to make even more movies. At least we have eachother to weed through the bad ones to find the occasional gem.

It's pretty easy to be number 1 on a Saturday night when your one of the only networks with anything new on TV. Not exactly a competitive night. And then they're cranking out movies almost every week.

• Love 2

An increase in viewership is an increase in viewership.  And that's a win when the overall trend is down.

I don't know if the election had anything to do with it because viewership has been going up for the four years in the graph.  I do think having movies and series airing regularly has helped because it makes watching Hallmark more of a habit and the audience is more aware of new offerings. 

But it's funny because, as a regular Hallmark viewer, I completely missed the airing of At Home In Mitford

• Love 4

I haven't watched Hallmark in quite a while. I feel like the sheer volume of movies they have been putting out and the over reliance on themes have taken something away from the movies themselves. It doesn't feel as interesting or as special to catch one of these movies. If you miss one, it's no big deal cause there will be another one almost exactly like it the next week. The sameness has worn me down so I've found other things to watch.

I still check in here to see if you guys recommend anything, so far not really. 

• Love 9
On 8/23/2017 at 9:39 PM, Irlandesa said:

An increase in viewership is an increase in viewership.  And that's a win when the overall trend is down.

I don't know if the election had anything to do with it because viewership has been going up for the four years in the graph.  I do think having movies and series airing regularly has helped because it makes watching Hallmark more of a habit and the audience is more aware of new offerings. 

But it's funny because, as a regular Hallmark viewer, I completely missed the airing of At Home In Mitford

Same.

• Love 2

I never saw any promos for At Home at Mitford (like I have for every other movie lately), so I have no idea what was going on there. I only recorded it because it was clearly something I had never seen before, but I wasn't actually sure if it was new or if I had missed it whenever it aired originally.

I have never read the book, so had no preconceived notions about casting. But I bailed after the first 5 minutes, which I never do (even movies that I've noticed people here hate, I'm usually merely meh on and I stick through it). Even though I love Cameron Mathison, I could not get past the age difference between him and Andie McDowell, and she was just coming across as sooo fake to me. Maybe that was on purpose for some sort of character development purpose, but that combined with the age difference, I wasn't going to stick around to find out.

Edited by redpencil
  • Love 2

Wow.  Hallmark just outdid itself in subtle gender roles messaging in Sun, Sand and Romance.  I mean, it's always kind of there with the whole "high powered exec woman gives it up for a small town/creative pursuit/love...etc."  But this threw on a couple of extra for us.

We have a guy who appears to be an excellent activities person.  He's praised and is getting a promotion.  He loves his job.  He's happy.  He gets to travel the world. But he's presented as not settled because he travels around the world.  And the movie acted like he couldn't settle down even though if he did find someone, he could live almost anywhere. And then the girl who is his assistant, and later replacement, shakes her head and says she needs to be around friends and family.  We're supposed to believe that Duck Dynasty girl, accent and all, has friends and family in Cancun?  

We're told that he should be a good little boy and go back to law, even though he hated that and loves this.

Then we have Gus who tells Katie's boyfriend that he should start thinking about  marrying Katie because "marriage looks good in business" and "all my partners are married."  While maybe not technically illegal on the federal level, marital discrimination is against the law in NY, where his partners are, and in Mexico, where the resort is being built. Way to just present that without comment, Hallmark.  Then he elaborates about a man not getting settled until he's married.  That gets to the heart of the matter.  Men do benefit from being married in business.  Women?  Not so much.   So I guess all his partners are married.  I shouldn't be hating a non-villain tertiary character as much as I do here. 

In the end, she ends up chasing her creative pursuit and he goes back to law.  Good on her for chasing her dreams but I felt sad for him.  Why couldn't the magical solution be her following him to Tahiti or have them stay in Cancun.  Unless she stayed at her job, but they never do, she could write anywhere. 

Whew---vent over.  Had it not gone above and beyond in those areas, I would've been very happy with this movie.  There was nothing spectacular about the story or even the chemistry (sadly because I thought it'd be good) but the scenery more than made up for it.  Gorgeous.  Maybe with all this success, we can have more "on location" movies so we can get scenery porn if the romcom porn doesn't hold up.

5 hours ago, redpencil said:

I never saw any promos for At Home at Mitford

I did and I was going to watch.  But I didn't realize Hallmark was going to change their pattern of typically not airing an original movie on a night when they air an original series and air it after Chesapeake Shores.

• Love 2
On 8/22/2017 at 9:34 AM, twoods said:

I tried. (Lord knows I tried) but I couldn't get into this one. I watched about half an hour to an hour (can't remember because my eyes kept glazing over) but it was more cliched than usual and pretty boring. It was kind of jarring seeing current Andie McDowall (who I like) as I recently saw her in Beauty Shop. But yeah the age difference and me being not too big of a fan of Cameron Mathison (sorry Cameron fans :-() made this one a miss for me. Then I read that the characters were completely changed from their book versions and that kind of irked me even though I haven't read the book series. I feel bummed for the book fans.

I checked out Eat, Play, Love with my husband and was looking forward to it because I love 'heroine in love with best friend's older bro' romance stories but was disappointed to see they had a past. I guess it kind of made it less interesting. Plus the guy wasn't that wow worthy to me to stand out like say, a Ryan Paevey would be (which I think will happen based on a fast preview snippet I saw for the fall lineup). Then I'd understand why homegirl would be tripping over herself! I didn't like that he was already engaged (and the fact they made a big deal about the fiancee not liking dogs being a huge character flaw...yeesh Hallmark). It also kind of reminded me of Pixl's Late Bloomer for some reason and I kept making comparisons. I loved Late Bloomer...

Summer in the Vineyard was...ehh. I'm not a huge fan of the original and this one felt like it was trying way too hard with the drama and miscommunication. Two sequel misses makes me nervous for the All of My Heart sequel.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Wow.  Hallmark just outdid itself in subtle gender roles messaging in Sun, Sand and Romance.  I mean, it's always kind of there with the whole "high powered exec woman gives it up for a small town/creative pursuit/love...etc."  But this threw on a couple of extra for us.

We have a guy who appears to be an excellent activities person.  He's praised and is getting a promotion.  He loves his job.  He's happy.  He gets to travel the world. But he's presented as not settled because he travels around the world.  And the movie acted like he couldn't settle down even though if he did find someone, he could live almost anywhere. And then the girl who is his assistant, and later replacement, shakes her head and says she needs to be around friends and family.  We're supposed to believe that Duck Dynasty girl, accent and all, has friends and family in Cancun?  

We're told that he should be a good little boy and go back to law, even though he hated that and loves this.

Then we have Gus who tells Katie's boyfriend that he should start thinking about  marrying Katie because "marriage looks good in business" and "all my partners are married."  While maybe not technically illegal on the federal level, marital discrimination is against the law in NY, where his partners are, and in Mexico, where the resort is being built. Way to just present that without comment, Hallmark.  Then he elaborates about a man not getting settled until he's married.  That gets to the heart of the matter.  Men do benefit from being married in business.  Women?  Not so much.   So I guess all his partners are married.  I shouldn't be hating a non-villain tertiary character as much as I do here. 

In the end, she ends up chasing her creative pursuit and he goes back to law.  Good on her for chasing her dreams but I felt sad for him.  Why couldn't the magical solution be her following him to Tahiti or have them stay in Cancun.  Unless she stayed at her job, but they never do, she could write anywhere. 

Whew---vent over.  Had it not gone above and beyond in those areas, I would've been very happy with this movie.  There was nothing spectacular about the story or even the chemistry (sadly because I thought it'd be good) but the scenery more than made up for it.  Gorgeous.  Maybe with all this success, we can have more "on location" movies so we can get scenery porn if the romcom porn doesn't hold up.

Is that who the assistant was? I kept seeing FB comments on the name but had no idea why she was relevant. That clears it up!

And yeah I agree with your points. My geek side was loving all the former sci-fi alums including Voyager's resident vulcan Tuvok (Gus) so that gave him some cool points for me. I was a bit confused on Gridley (forgot his name here) having to back to law. I mean I like that he's doing family law in helping people but the way he described how free and happy he was leaving the profession doesn't add up to the ending there.  One could say he practices in Mexico but that open a whole other can o' worms which would take more than 'a year later' screen card to summon up. I agree, as a writer, Katie could travel anywhere and even still be connected to her office. I'd love to see Gridley move up in the activities department. Like owning his own business on the beach or something. That'd be awesome.

But I super agree about the scenery porn. Hallmark should keep up the on location filming because it adds so much to their movies. There are some Hallmark movies I watch because I like the stories and characters and some I watch in the background to ogle and lose myself in the location. SS&R and Destination Wedding fall under the latter.

And plus, I'm noticing more of an influx of writer/publishing themed movies coming up. The next one with the Pumpkin Pie Wars chickie is centered around publishing and writing while SS&R has a children's book publishing theme. Very interesting...

On August 27, 2017 at 0:24 AM, Irlandesa said:

I thought the same thing.  I imagine not many of us would have a problem with writing successful children's books from a beach in Tahiti.

• Love 2

Sigh, i watched Garage Sale Mystery: A Case of Murder & once again they have family plot I don't care about. This time it was the husband & the two kids making a "man cave" in the house. Her husband is supposed to be an engineer who’s in construction of some kind (from the last movie), but in this movie he puts together some shelving with his son, & when the son asks about leftover parts, he says they’re extra parts. Then the shelving falls apart. He’s an engineer who can’t put together a shelving kit? it just annoyed me because it was stupid.

• Love 5

Now I'm just fast forwarding the family story part. I have no interest in them and most of story lines are so dull and sometimes even annoying. Furthermore, to me there's absolutely no chemistry between Steve Bacic(who's replaced Rick Ravanello from the 2nd installment of the series) & Lori Loughlin. I don't know why but any scenes having them together are so wooden it screams they're acting.

• Love 4

That's a bummer because I was going to try those movies out because I enjoyed Steve in "All For Love." He had terrific chemistry with Sarah Rue, and thought he may have similar chemistry with Lori.

Still haven't gotten around to watching last week's Paul Campbell movie. It doesn't sound appealing. The previews for Fall Harvest looks decent. I'm excited about the sequel with Lacey but hope it's not terrible like the Vineyard one. Why did they feel that Rachel had to wear so much makeup when it wasn't that way in the first movie? It was so distracting.

5 minutes ago, twoods said:

That's a bummer because I was going to try those movies out because I enjoyed Steve in "All For Love." He had terrific chemistry with Sarah Rue, and thought he may have similar chemistry with Lori.

Still haven't gotten around to watching last week's Paul Campbell movie. It doesn't sound appealing. The previews for Fall Harvest looks decent. I'm excited about the sequel with Lacey but hope it's not terrible like the Vineyard one. Why did they feel that Rachel had to wear so much makeup when it wasn't that way in the first movie? It was so distracting.

Despite all that, I still find the series quite enjoyable and if you are familiar with the actor it may not be an issue. So I'd say give it a try.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, GaT said:

Sigh, i watched Garage Sale Mystery: A Case of Murder & once again they have family plot I don't care about. This time it was the husband & the two kids making a "man cave" in the house. Her husband is supposed to be an engineer who’s in construction of some kind (from the last movie), but in this movie he puts together some shelving with his son, & when the son asks about leftover parts, he says they’re extra parts. Then the shelving falls apart. He’s an engineer who can’t put together a shelving kit? it just annoyed me because it was stupid.

That part didn't bother me.  What bothered me is that I thought that Kendahl and Callum must have encountered each other at the community center.  Why was he saying to Dr. Vedders "where is she" when he had to have just seen her that very day?  Made absolutely no sense unless I missed something.

The 30 second speed dating part was funny.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, susannot said:

The 30 second speed dating part was funny.

Yes, I thought so too.  It's weird because I like her side stories even when they don't have anything to do with the main plot but her family stories are dull.  Although I guess things didn't work out with the guy she ran into at her reunion. 

I like the actress who plays Kendahl so I was disappointed when she died...although the movie never showed us her body which was weird.  And yes, I too wondered about Callum.  You would think she'd freak out once she saw him.  It's not like he's going to hide as the security guard.

After a couple of days with no electricity or water, thanks to Hurricane Irma, I finally was able to view things on my DVR and rewatch Love on the Sidelines. I know many of you did not like the movie but I thought it was very cute. The lead actor didn't seem stiff to me. He seemed like an aloof, egotistical football star who mostly thought of himself and his injury. And Emily Kinney was adorable as the non-sports-minded assistant. She isn't a drop dead beauty like most football players might go after. Which is good because the lead was able to see her inner beauty and brains first, then see her attractiveness. I also thought all the supporting actors were very likable. I'd definitely watch it again when it's repeated.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

Did anyone watch Sea Change?  I didn't understand the ending, and was hoping someone could clarify exactly what was going on.

Maybe reading the wiki summary of the plot will help? I wasn't reminded which one of the Jessie Stone movies it was until I read it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Stone:_Sea_Change

Wanted to remind everyone to DVR any new movie that's premiering especially in October since they won't be seen again until next year.