Type keyword(s) to search

Pet Peeves: Aka Things That Make You Go "Gah!"

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

Your Pet Peeves are your Pet Peeves and you're welcome to express them here. However, that does not mean that you can use this topic to go after your fellow posters; being annoyed by something they say or do is not a Pet Peeve.

If there's something you need clarification on, please remember: it's always best to address a fellow poster directly; don't talk about what they said, talk to them. Politely, of course! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be treated with respect. (If need be, check out the how to have healthy debates guidelines for more).

While we're happy to grant the leniency that was requested about allowing discussions to go beyond Pet Peeves, please keep in mind that this is still the Pet Peeves topic. Non-pet peeves discussions should be kept brief, be related to a pet peeve and if a fellow poster suggests the discussion may be taken to Chit Chat or otherwise tries to course-correct the topic, we ask that you don't dismiss them. They may have a point.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, auntlada said:

I find that tenderness hurts, and pain hurts, so to my mind tenderness is pain, and since everyone's threshold of pain is different, your barely hurts might be my near excruciating.

The thing is it had nothing to do with tenderness  It was a shooting pain.  Like a little man inside of me shooting arrows into my breasts.    So, it wasn't a matter of degree, so much, as it was something totally different.

• Love 1

As long as we're complaining about people shortening words, I refuse to play along with the Italian food butchering such as "mutz" for mozzarella and "pro-zute" for prosciutto. It just sounds stupid to me. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

As long as we're complaining about people shortening words, I refuse to play along with the Italian food butchering such as "mutz" for mozzarella and "pro-zute" for prosciutto. It just sounds stupid to me. 

I had never heard this until a few years ago when I heard some guy say "mutzy sticks" instead of "mozzarella sticks." I didn't know WTF he was talking about until he mentioned dipping them in marinara sauce.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Popples said:

I had never heard this until a few years ago when I heard some guy say "mutzy sticks" instead of "mozzarella sticks." I didn't know WTF he was talking about until he mentioned dipping them in marinara sauce.

It sounds like dogs on a stick.  Mutt-sy sticks.  I do not know people who talk this way.  Besides vaca.  Clearly I'm hanging out in the wrong circles.  Or something.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

"pro-zute" for prosciutto

I grew up calling it that - and still do - well, more like pro-schute.  It comes from my Italian family and relatives, with some of them speaking half Italian, half English, with an Italian accent.

• Love 3

There was a Real Housewife who used to refer to cocktails as "cockies"---it literally made my toes curl everytime she would say that. Just like fetch, quit trying to make cockies happen!

• Love 3
On 9/30/2017 at 2:10 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Lots of ppl tell me to use Costco or another cheaper venue to get my prescriptions but I've been loyal (once I meet the deductible it's almost no cost anyway) and it paid off. I will be writing a thank you note to the pharmacist. Everyone complains when you do something wrong but it is nice to applaud someone for making something right and she deserves it for going the extra mile. (Big happy face) 

Glad your pharmacy helped you with your prescription issues. I learned from an early age about counting pills because my Mom had to do so in the 80's because she got shorted on Xanax more then once. Once we left my asshole father she was able to drop the Xanax though. Not that anyone needed or cared to know that. When I got older I'd count the pills in her scripts for fun or if I thought the pharmacy people were acting off.

On 9/30/2017 at 2:30 PM, walnutqueen said:

Yes, people have SO much time to bitch and complain, often to beleaguered customer service reps who have little or nothing to do with the problem.  I like giving positive feedback whenever possible - it is amazing how a small gesture of thanks and friendliness can make another person's day.

Yeah, I know, I just admitted sometimes showing decency to another human being.  I shall work extra hard to re-earn my bitch card.  The next telemarketer who doesn't accept my polite "No Thanks" is a gonna get an earful!  ;-)

I always make sure thank customer service people and etc. that are nice before getting off the phone or leaving somewhere too. I usually get a shocked reaction from the person because they're not used to being told that. I've even done it at fast food places especially when it's a young person who's trying their best and are overwhelmed either from the place being busy or not having been prepped well for their job. I feel bad when they get thrown into the thick of things working a drive thru and look like deer in headlights.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 5
On 10/2/2017 at 9:58 PM, ratgirlagogo said:

OMG I fucking HATE this!  I hate people who call California "Cali",  I hate everybody who refers to their social security number as their "social."    HATE HATE HATE.

Geez.  This really is quite the serious peeve for me.  Maybe I need help.:)

There's a host on QVC who's over 40 and obsessed with calling herself a real "Cali Girl" while continuing her obsession with health and exercising. She's really annoying and comes across like she's a snotty bitch.

• Love 1

I realize it's my crazy feminist sensibilities, but I have a hard time taking seriously a grown woman who calls herself a "girl". I once corrected a woman at work who called a group of us "girls". I said we were "women". She giggled and kind of snottily said she was still a girl. She's something in the neighborhood of 45.

• Love 5

I cannot stand hearing women referred to as girls.  One must ignore a whole lot of history to do so, and I'm unwilling.

I think adults using cutesy euphemisms for genitalia was my first post in this thread.  And I've complained about saying vagina when talking about the vulva in other threads.  Both habits bug me. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Another assault today:  "Brekky all day."

WTF is "brekky"?

12 hours ago, Katy M said:

I don't know the difference.  But, I don't know that it affects my life any.  I don't think I ever discuss my inner parts, but if I did, I would not say va jay jay.  

As for appropriating other regions' words, it probably happens lots of times organically when you're around people from different areas. I'm from New England.  I say soda.  I went to college in the Midwest.  I stubbornly refused to say pop.  One day my roommate said soda, and then said "I can't believe I just said soda."  I would also say sneakers instead of tennis shoes, or more popularly tennys.  I worked with a woman once who instead of saying she liked your outfit would say she liked our "uni" presumably short for uniform which is actually silly, but it didn't really bother me.   I forgot what my point was, unless it was just that people from different areas speak differently and we live in a world where people move around a lot, and so it becomes more fluid or whatever.

I've lived in several areas of the United States: Florida, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Texas, Colorado. I say "soda". I think my wife used to say "pop". I also say "water fountain" for the thing you drink water from that is in school and office hallways. I remember being made fun of once for using that term because the kids I went to school with said "drinking fountain", and then again later because Wisconsinites (Midwesterners?) say "bubbler". And "bubbler" makes no fucking sense to me because it's not bubbling and there are no damned bubbles! I remember the first time I heard that term, I was like "WTF is a bubbler?" They told me and my immediate thought was "Yeah, ok. Of the two of us, you're the fucking idiot here."

• Love 3
20 hours ago, backformore said:

I'm very allergic to cats . 

One of my big fears is that I'll get on an airplane where someone has a "support animal" that triggers my asthma.  

I paid $200 a cat to bring them on board with me, and they had their own record locator number when I moved across the country. If someone was that allergic where one of us had to leave the plane it wasn't going to be me or my pets.

I don't know anyone from CA that calls California "Cali". It makes me super stabby. You can tell the SoCal locals by the "The" we put in front of freeways. The 405, The 5.  On the flip side, Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) is just "PCH" while people from NorCal refer to it as "The PCH".

Whoever wrote The Californians for SNL had to be from SoCal. It's spot on

• Love 4

I finally got my Justice voucher yesterday from the class action. First off, its on this post card that is very similar to the ones they send out just to advertise sales, cards that probably most people just throw away after a cursory glance. Good thing I looked a little closer.  I wonder how many people accidently threw their vouchers away.  I think its cheating to do it like that.  So much for the attorneys representing the class.

Second, you have to use the entire voucher in one purchase/shopping trip. Anything that's not used, is gone. So we're going to have a big shopping trip when we go, as my voucher is for $280.  Can't use any other discounts while using the voucher, so maybe it won't be as big as I think.

The voucher is good for a year, so we have time.  trying to decide whether to go now, for winter stuff, or wait for summer stuff.  guess I'll go through my daughter's closet this weekend to see if she needs more winter clothes.

• Love 1

My pet peeve is when people speak for a whole group of people.  Like, if you don't want to be called a girl, that's fine.  Make that known.  But, if I refer to myself as a girl, that's really none of your business.  Not all women are offended by the word girl. 

• Love 8

I would like to add a pet peeve of people I work with wanting to know my birthday - and then wanting to make a big deal of it at work. Maybe I'm just weird, but I keep my birthday to myself. I celebrate it with people who are important to me and with whom I want to celebrate it. If you're not amongst both of those groups ("important to me" and "want to celebrate my birthday with you"), then I just want the day treated as any other day. Don't acknowledge it, at all, thank you very much!

There are limited exceptions to that policy. My direct supervisor is allowed to say "happy birthday" to me and that is all. I don't want any gifts and I certainly do not want any cake - especially because my system is not tolerant of the usual buttercream frosting. Eating more than a couple of fingertip-fulls of buttercream frosting will make me very sick.

And yes, I'm aware that I may just be weird because I want that much privacy related to my birthday. Anyway, I just needed to share.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, MrSmith said:

I would like to add a pet peeve of people I work with wanting to know my birthday - and then wanting to make a big deal of it at work. Maybe I'm just weird, but I keep my birthday to myself. I celebrate it with people who are important to me and with whom I want to celebrate it. If you're not amongst both of those groups ("important to me" and "want to celebrate my birthday with you"), then I just want the day treated as any other day. Don't acknowledge it, at all, thank you very much!

There are limited exceptions to that policy. My direct supervisor is allowed to say "happy birthday" to me and that is all. I don't want any gifts and I certainly do not want any cake - especially because my system is not tolerant of the usual buttercream frosting. Eating more than a couple of fingertip-fulls of buttercream frosting will make me very sick.

And yes, I'm aware that I may just be weird because I want that much privacy related to my birthday. Anyway, I just needed to share.

It's your birthday and you have a right to celebrate or not celebrate it how you choose. 

I hate when I'm supposed to eat cake that I don't like or can't stomach because I'm not being a team player if I don't. 

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, Katy M said:

My pet peeve is when people speak for a whole group of people.  Like, if you don't want to be called a girl, that's fine.  Make that known.  But, if I refer to myself as a girl, that's really none of your business.  Not all women are offended by the word girl. 

I'm another who will always use the word girl and I was born in the 70's so.   I also like Cali and vacay, jmo.  There are some abbreviations I don't like but those don't bother me at all.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I agree.  This is one of many examples of how PC has been pushed over the cliff, it was taken to the edge years ago.  I like to be called a girl and refer to myself as one, too.  Not always but sometimes the occasion calls for it.    

I hate being called ma'm.  Some people think it is respectful but it is NOT, it is ignorance speaking.  I know they don't know any better but I have little tolerance for it.   Sally Jesse Raphael threatened to kick a guest off the stage if he called her ma'm one more time.  I got that.   

• Love 1

I hate being called ma'm.  Some people think it is respectful but it is NOT, it is ignorance speaking

I hate it too! I can't really blame them though. I think a lot of people these days were taught as children to refer to adults/folks older then them as Sir for a male and "Ma'am" for a female. My parents taught me to use Sir/Mr. for a man and Ms for a younger woman and "Ma'am' for an older (we're talking elderly here) woman.

So when I noticed I was starting to be called "Ma'am" in my late 20s (and its continued to this day), I feel a twinge of annoyance but then figure their parents didn't teach them any better.

• Love 2

I don't mind being called a girl, but certainly not "babe" or "darling" or "honey" etc. At least not in the public domain.

I guess gender labelling can be really quite confusing, even patronising at times. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

I paid $200 a cat to bring them on board with me, and they had their own record locator number when I moved across the country. If someone was that allergic where one of us had to leave the plane it wasn't going to be me or my pets

Oh, I agree with your right to bring your pets when you travel. I just wish there was a way to know ahead of time, I would gladly take a different flight to avoid being cooped up with cat dander in the air. 

If I weren't allergic, I would love cats. As it is, I'm convinced that the cats on the planet are all conspiring to kill me.

• Love 2

I am allergic to cats but I would not have any problem if one were contained under someone's seat.  The dander is just not going to get in the air.  If I were directly across from or next to one I would probably ask to change seats.  The woman on Southwest was obnoxious.  I bet many people have blocked her on FB.  I think she probably goes off on many things.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

It's your birthday and you have a right to celebrate or not celebrate it how you choose. 

I hate when I'm supposed to eat cake that I don't like or can't stomach because I'm not being a team player if I don't. 

I don't care for cake.  One place where I worked, every time someone in the department had a bday, we had cake.  Well, I would have one from my cake, because I figured it would be taking things to far not to.  But, I didn't eat anyone else's and got a bit of hard time on that.  I should of used all my personal days for other peoples' bdays.  That would have been funny.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Katy M said:

I don't care for cake.  One place where I worked, every time someone in the department had a bday, we had cake.  Well, I would have one from my cake, because I figured it would be taking things to far not to.  But, I didn't eat anyone else's and got a bit of hard time on that.  I should of used all my personal days for other peoples' bdays.  That would have been funny.

To me, that's another reason for employers not to provide cakes for their employees' birthdays. People should not be made to feel like they must have cake. And who knows why someone isn't eating the cake? They might need to avoid gluten or, like me, be intolerant of the frosting. They might be following a strict diet for whatever reason; they might be "eating clean" before a fitness competition or it might not be something they allow in their diet. It might be that they've got meal plans later (or previously) that violate the diet they otherwise follow and they don't want to make an allowance for cake. For that matter, they might simply not be hungry.

If I were the manager and cake were being provided, I would make certain that everyone knows that partaking of cake is optional and a personal decision. The only thing that I do actually do is go to the gathering to wish the person happy birthday. There aren't many people who opt to have a gathering for their birthday where I currently work. For those who do, I go to the gathering for a few minutes, be pleasant, avoid cake, and return to my work. For anyone who does not opt for a gathering for their birthday, I do not wish them happy birthday, even if there are a few friends at their desk who are doing so. I figure that person has invited the people over that they wish to share that with and I am not one of those people, therefore I need to mind my own business.

As far as birthdays in the office go, I strongly feel that everyone should be treated the same. Recently I was obliged to attend a birthday lunch for a co-worker where they had her favorite food followed by a big cake with candles and singing and a hand-made birthday card signed by everyone. She was thrilled. I was devastated because my birthday was two weeks earlier and nobody so much as said good morning to me. I'm a really private person so a fuss would have horrified me but the contrast really made me feel like crap.

Woman crap. Never girl crap.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, AgentRXS said:

I hate it too! I can't really blame them though. I think a lot of people these days were taught as children to refer to adults/folks older then them as Sir for a male and "Ma'am" for a female. My parents taught me to use Sir/Mr. for a man and Ms for a younger woman and "Ma'am' for an older (we're talking elderly here) woman.

So when I noticed I was starting to be called "Ma'am" in my late 20s (and its continued to this day), I feel a twinge of annoyance but then figure their parents didn't teach them any better.

Hmmm. I address all females who are strangers as "ma'am", without any regard for their age. Mostly this is women with whom I am conducting business, such as servers at a restaurant, salespersons at stores, tellers at the bank, and so on. I'm terrible with names and struggle to remember their names for the time between reading their nametag and using their name in conversation. It's not meant to be insulting or demeaning; I'm just trying to be polite and respectful in a circumstance where I don't know their name. Occasionally, I can see the nametag or nameplate prominently enough that I can glance at it when I need their name, such as with bank tellers. Salespeople and servers either don't have nametags or they are small enough and/or inconveniently placed such that I would never remember their names in order to use them.

In my mind, it's also partly a way to make us equals in the transaction. Many people treat servers and salespeople as slaves there to tend to their every need, or they act kind of indifferent or dismissive of them. I try to make sure to always make eye contact with them and treat them with respect as a way of saying "You're a person deserving of respect. I am aware of this and am trying my best to treat you that way." When dealing with males as described above, I use "sir".

Edited to add: The exceptions to this are situations where the person already has a title by which I can address them. For example, doctors are addressed as "doctor". Police are generally the exception to the exception and I address them as "ma'am" or "sir".

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Qoass said:

As far as birthdays in the office go, I strongly feel that everyone should be treated the same. Recently I was obliged to attend a birthday lunch for a co-worker where they had her favorite food followed by a big cake with candles and singing and a hand-made birthday card signed by everyone. She was thrilled. I was devastated because my birthday was two weeks earlier and nobody so much as said good morning to me. I'm a really private person so a fuss would have horrified me but the contrast really made me feel like crap.

It's interesting to read this. Everyone has different preferences. I agree that birthdays in the office should generally be treated the same. The fact that people didn't even say good morning to you is, in my opinion, indicative of a larger and somewhat different problem. There are several people where I work that will go out of their way to say good morning to me. Similarly, there are people I always say good morning to, myself. So I guess I don't feel neglected since I do have that social interaction with my colleagues, and I can see where you do when things like what you described happen. I am certain I would feel just as you do in the same circumstances.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Qoass said:

I agree, everyone should be treated the same. I completely know how you feel, in my last (shitty) job I was always left out of the celebrations.

Before I moved to GA we had a couple ladies in our department who managed birthday cards and we met once a month to celebrate all birthdays. It was up to each manager or sub-department to do their own lunches but no one was ever left out. Our 'big boss' loved cake and celebrations so any reason for a celebration was celebrated. I sure miss that here.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

For anyone who does not opt for a gathering for their birthday, I do not wish them happy birthday, even if there are a few friends at their desk who are doing so. I figure that person has invited the people over that they wish to share that with and I am not one of those people, therefore I need to mind my own business.

I politely disagree. I do agree with you that no big deal needs to be made of it but the person receiving all the well wishes might feel slighted by you. A simple Happy Birthday would suffice and let it go at that. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

I politely disagree. I do agree with you that no big deal needs to be made of it but the person receiving all the well wishes might feel slighted by you. A simple Happy Birthday would suffice and let it go at that. 

Well, I meant that in the context of me happening to pass by their desk while there are three or four people there wishing them happy birthday. Most of the people I work with I do not know, at all, and only happen to work in the same office with them.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, MrSmith said:

Well, I meant that in the context of me happening to pass by their desk while there are three or four people there wishing them happy birthday. Most of the people I work with I do not know, at all, and only happen to work in the same office with them.

Ok. You get a pass lol. Thought they were desk neighbors or people that you worked next to/near to. 

7 hours ago, MrSmith said:

WTF is "brekky"?

Breakfast.  The meal where they serve bennies.

I also say "water fountain" for the thing you drink water from that is in school and office hallways. I remember being made fun of once for using that term because the kids I went to school with said "drinking fountain", and then again later because Wisconsinites (Midwesterners?) say "bubbler". And "bubbler" makes no fucking sense to me because it's not bubbling and there are no damned bubbles! I remember the first time I heard that term, I was like "WTF is a bubbler?" They told me and my immediate thought was "Yeah, ok. Of the two of us, you're the fucking idiot here."

Were they from Portland, Oregon?  They have drinking fountains downtown called Benson Bubblers, and the water bubbles up constantly.

14 hours ago, Jaded said:

I always make sure thank customer service people and etc. that are nice before getting off the phone or leaving somewhere too. I usually get a shocked reaction from the person because they're not used to being told that. I've even done it at fast food places especially when it's a young person who's trying their best and are overwhelmed either from the place being busy or not having been prepped well for their job. I feel bad when they get thrown into the thick of things working a drive thru and look like deer in headlights.

I'm always super nice to people who are in training, and I'm probably super nicer to older people who are learning some minimum wage job.  I always tell them not to sweat it, and usually tell them that working a cash register was the most nerve-racking job I've ever done, with everybody staring at you while you're trying to do it.  And I always tell them, "Good work!" or "Hey, you learned something!" when they're done.

2 hours ago, wings707 said:

I hate being called ma'm.  Some people think it is respectful but it is NOT, it is ignorance speaking.  I know they don't know any better but I have little tolerance for it.   Sally Jesse Raphael threatened to kick a guest off the stage if he called her ma'm one more time.  I got that.   

I use ma'am and sir when on the phone.  It just seems too curt to answer with one syllable, so they get "yes ma'am" instead of "yes."  Or maybe it's because I'm hard of hearing and one word comments are really hard to understand because they have no context, and on the phone, there are no visual cues.

When someone calls me "ma'am," I'm always taken aback but I don't take it as an insult.  Beats "dipshit." 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

I am allergic to cats but I would not have any problem if one were contained under someone's seat.  The dander is just not going to get in the air.  If I were directly across from or next to one I would probably ask to change seats.  The woman on Southwest was obnoxious.  I bet many people have blocked her on FB.  I think she probably goes off on many things.  

I wasn't even aware there was anything recent about this, I'll have to look that up.  I once had an asthma attack when I visited relatives who had just bought a house. I found out later that the previous owner has several cats.   So I know I'm more sensitive than most.  I would never make a stink about it, but I would do what it takes to avoid being in that situation.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:
3 hours ago, wings707 said:

I use ma'am and sir when on the phone.  It just seems too curt to answer with one syllable, so they get "yes ma'am" instead of "yes."  Or maybe it's because I'm hard of hearing and one word comments are really hard to understand because they have no context, and on the phone, there are no visual cues.

When someone calls me "ma'am," I'm always taken aback but I don't take it as an insult.  Beats "dipshit." 

Well stop it!  LOL.  I politely ask them not to call me ma'm.  It is a moment to educate. I assume people who do this just don't know any better.   :>  I prefer dipshit.  :>) 

• Love 2

I have a friend who has chemical sensitivities. My cats are the only ones that she can be around but she's had 12 years of them living to build up antibodies to them. Perfume gets to her big time. She's had to leave movies, dinners, museums the theater her granddaughters ballet performances, and is scared to death of getting onto a plane and being hit 45 minutes into a flight by an allergen. It's such a shame as she does love so many things and these allergy issues are not small potatoes. I feel for those who have to live with them on a daily basis. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Well stop it!  LOL.  I politely ask them not to call me ma'm.  It is a moment to educate. I assume people who do this just don't know any better.  

I'm sorry, but could you please inform me what is to "know better" about calling someone ma'am?  Isn't it just the female equivalent of sir?

• Love 5

I wouldn't mind being called Madam. That would be cool. I had to fire my attorney yesterday because he kept calling me kiddo, Fuck that.

As far as work parties go, I hate forced socializing at work. Once a year Christmas party is plenty.

Add me to the list of people who don't mind being called girl. But it really depends on who is saying it.

• Love 2

While the person using it might not have these intentions, "ma'am" has a history of ageism.  Like the sexist nonsense where men just got to be "Mister," but women were "Miss" until they got married, and then they were "Mrs," men were simply "Sir," while women were either "Miss" or "Ma'am" depending on their age.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I'm sorry, but could you please inform me what is to "know better" about calling someone ma'am?  Isn't it just the female equivalent of sir?

No, the female equivalent of sir is madam.  That was changed to miss when you are young and when you are "old" the formal madam turned into ma'm.  It was reduced to ma'm somewhere in history.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I had to fire my attorney yesterday because he kept calling me kiddo, Fuck that.

HA!  That is so bad.  I may ask those who insist on using m'am to just call me mammy!  

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, wings707 said:

No, the female equivalent of sir is madam.  That was changed to miss when you are young and when you are "old" the formal madam turned into ma'm.  It was reduced to ma'm somewhere in history.  

So, just to clarify, you are OK with being called madam, but not the contraction?

On 10/1/2017 at 5:31 PM, walnutqueen said:

The best reason for taking US citizenship is my right to serve on a jury, and VOTE - I think I'd be a rock star!!!  But then, there's that pesky little US citizenship oath, and much like Georgie Porgie, I cannot tell a lie.  If a crazed US Prez invaded my home & native land, I'd need to think long and hard about my loyalties.  Abrogation is a powerful word.

Too bad there's no such thing as a citizenship swap--I'd trade my U.S. for your Canadian straight up.  That way, any objection you might have to an invasion of Canada by your president would just be an opinion and not allegiance.

• Love 4