Type keyword(s) to search

Pet Peeves: Aka Things That Make You Go "Gah!"

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

Your Pet Peeves are your Pet Peeves and you're welcome to express them here. However, that does not mean that you can use this topic to go after your fellow posters; being annoyed by something they say or do is not a Pet Peeve.

If there's something you need clarification on, please remember: it's always best to address a fellow poster directly; don't talk about what they said, talk to them. Politely, of course! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be treated with respect. (If need be, check out the how to have healthy debates guidelines for more).

While we're happy to grant the leniency that was requested about allowing discussions to go beyond Pet Peeves, please keep in mind that this is still the Pet Peeves topic. Non-pet peeves discussions should be kept brief, be related to a pet peeve and if a fellow poster suggests the discussion may be taken to Chit Chat or otherwise tries to course-correct the topic, we ask that you don't dismiss them. They may have a point.

• Start Topic

@Mindthinkr , I haven't had your specific issue with Netflix but it has on occasion taken out my internet and is always very slow to let go when I want to exit and go to a different service.

• Fire 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
16 hours ago, Bastet said:

Oh, and on a much lighter note: I can't find my pants.  When I'm wearing lounge clothes and don't shower before bed, I don't change into pajamas, I just take off my pants and any sweatshirt/cardigan I'm wearing and crawl into bed in my tank top and panties.  I woke up this morning, went to put them back on, and -- my sweatshirt is on the dresser, but not my lounge pants.  Maybe they slid off behind the dresser.  Nope.  Okay, did I take them off in the bathroom?  They're not there.  They're not in the hamper or washing machine.  I thought maybe I tossed them on the floor and they slid under the bed, but nope.  I remembered I got the leg bottoms wet when I took some trash out right before bed, so thought maybe I took them off right when I got back in the house.  Nope, not there, either.  I walked through the whole house -- no pants.  What in the world did I do with them?!  If I'm going to go an a hunt for last night's pants, I really prefer it to be following a much more interesting evening than the one I had!

Is any of your cats prone to stealing clothes? They might move it to some other place in your house. 

I apologize to the cats if this is not something they would do.

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 4
20 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

I was there daily and the examples provided did not happen. 

eta what did happen was a poster who was a troll would bring over those types of comments that THEY were reading elsewhere from media/social and try to bait posters into commenting.

Thank you for acknowledging that there were trolls in the Royals thread.  Thanks for acknowledging that trolls posted racist and hateful comments in an effort to push buttons and bait others into responding.  This kind of behaviour happened all the time, on a daily basis, and is what created the toxic environment of hate that was referenced by site administration in the announcement of the Royals forum closure.  This kind of behaviour is exactly why the Royals forum was closed. 

The people who made these kinds of comments know who they are, and it's nice to see that there is acknowledgement that this behaviour existed.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)

I didn’t follow any of the forums that have been shut down or threatened. I didn’t even know there was a shopping channels forum.  

Edited by Anela
  • Like 6
19 hours ago, BlueSkies said:

I used to think people in general are just assholes.  But I’m changing my opinion to more people in general I don’t think are good listeners 

I used to think that most people were basically good.  I haven’t felt that, for a while now.  I saw a George Carlin quote online, about people in groups versus individuals, that made some sense, but I don’t really agree with that, either. Not entirely.  
I don’t like it when people who know better, try to scare others in order to persuade them to do what they want them to do.  If it isn’t a valid fear - like conspiracy theories that you get flying around.  I don’t think I can expand on that, because these things end up being political (now), even when you’re talking about people you personally know.  E.g. I have friends who have gay and trans kids, and I will do whatever I can to protect them. 

Don’t get me started on death threats. People receiving them, because some people disagree with them, or fans of tv shows, who hate a character.  I remember an actor shutting down his social media, because fans didn’t like something his character did.  

• Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

This is the quote:

“The larger the group, the more toxic, the more of your beauty as an individual you have to surrender for the sake of group thought. And when you suspend your individual beauty you also give up a lot of your humanity. You will do things in the name of a group that you would never do on your own. Injuring, hurting, killing, drinking are all part of it, because you've lost your identity, because you now owe your allegiance to this thing that's bigger than you are and that controls you.”

― George Carlin, Last Words

Wait, no, it was a different one that will sound very political, when it's from something like thirty years ago.

Edited by Anela
  • Like 6
  • Applause 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, Anela said:

This is the quote:

“The larger the group, the more toxic, the more of your beauty as an individual you have to surrender for the sake of group thought. And when you suspend your individual beauty you also give up a lot of your humanity. You will do things in the name of a group that you would never do on your own. Injuring, hurting, killing, drinking are all part of it, because you've lost your identity, because you now owe your allegiance to this thing that's bigger than you are and that controls you.”

Wait, no, it was a different one that will sound very political, when it's from something like thirty years ago.

THIS!  I follow various mom groups and goodness, the parent-shaming there (especially when it comes to food) is NOTORIOUS!  Like, if you buy more expensive and less processed cereal, you're part of that whole "diet culture" thing and if you buy, say, Froot Loops, you're going to make your kids sick.  I even made an Instagram Reel about it!

Edited by PRgal
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
(edited)
On 3/2/2024 at 3:06 AM, EtheltoTillie said:

This is getting strange. The whole point of this site was to snark on shows. Then we have the small talk (within show topics) and chit chat threads like this for nice communication between posters.  I don’t get what they want. 

I don't get it either -- especially the need to split up the peeves into specific types of peeves. I feel like it ruins the flow of the conversation to have to reroute. And, to be honest, I don't want to be part of too many threads!

ETA: For example, I had a peeve that was a peeve regardless of the scenario/location; the instance I shared just happened to occur at a doctor appointment. I got a message saying that it had to be moved to the medical peeves or whatever it is. No one was mean about it or anything, but it seems not necessary. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 9

DId your cat come to my office?  A short while ago I misplaced our office elevator card.  It has to be somewhere in the office.  I didn't go anywhere with it.  No cats here.  Possibly fell on the floor and slid under something else. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, JustHereForFood said:

Is any of your cats prone to stealing clothes? They might move it to some other place in your house. 

I apologize to the cats if this is not something they would do.

She's been besmirched! 🙂  No, she's never been a thief.  If anything I've worn is on the bed, she'll plop down on it, but that's the extent of her interest in my clothing.

Still no pants (I have not been actively looking, I just haven't come across them).  I have no specific memory of taking them off, as it's routine, but they have to turn up somewhere.  I'll be sure to update this fascinating saga when they do.

• Like 7
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Bastet said:

She's been besmirched! 🙂  No, she's never been a thief.  If anything I've worn is on the bed, she'll plop down on it, but that's the extent of her interest in my clothing.

Still no pants (I have not been actively looking, I just haven't come across them).  I have no specific memory of taking them off, as it's routine, but they have to turn up somewhere.  I'll be sure to update this fascinating saga when they do.

Please do! 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I'll be sure to update this fascinating saga when they do.

I should hope so! Not following up when you ask for our help on something as serious as missing pants (or mayonnaise or puzzle pieces) is surely a bannable offense!

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
4 hours ago, blackwing said:

Thank you for acknowledging that there were trolls in the Royals thread.  Thanks for acknowledging that trolls posted racist and hateful comments in an effort to push buttons and bait others into responding.  This kind of behaviour happened all the time, on a daily basis, and is what created the toxic environment of hate that was referenced by site administration in the announcement of the Royals forum closure.  This kind of behaviour is exactly why the Royals forum was closed. 

The people who made these kinds of comments know who they are, and it's nice to see that there is acknowledgement that this behaviour existed.

You misunderstood my post. The trolls were pro Sussex, pro Meghan, pro Harry. 

And it didn’t stop until one of the banned trolls went after ad revenue.  One had three sock puppet accounts. The specific one who would do the bringing salacious stuff to that thread posted a lot in this thread and now seems to be gone.

Have a nice evening. I am done with Royal talk on this site.

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

I should hope so! Not following up when you ask for our help on something as serious as missing pants (or mayonnaise or puzzle pieces) is surely a bannable offense!

Gee...I forgot all about the infamous missing mayonnaise! Now *that* was important, my friends 🧐

• Fire 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

2 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

lol, I jokingly suggest a lost items thread yet I feel that would push @TattleTeeny over the too many threads edge if it were taken seriously. 

eta there are too many specific threads under everything else, so I understand her point. Perhaps a mod can remedy that? Have a Health thread and a ChitChat thread. It’s all so organic, the discussions, that no one thing would dominate the discussions. That’s how it started many years ago. So many topics of discussion threads do hinder the flow. Even the health thread gets hindered with so many topics. 

Edited by stewedsquash
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Solo singers who cannot sing.

So there are several of us in my choir who do solos from time to time (me included) and it’s a pretty fair rotation. But tonight we are singing for a special service where our bishop will be present, and the soloist our director picked is painful to listen to. Last night he was still stumbling over words in practice, and even when we all had to stay 20 minutes extra after the director said we were done (which I was not happy about in and of itself, another peeve of mine…if you say we are done then let people go home), he continued to need to stop and fall over his words. Look, I’m sorry. I know singing solo can be hard or feel uncomfortable, but what are you going to do if you start stuttering and stumbling during the service? You can’t exactly stop and ask everyone to start over again. If the music is that hard for you and you apparently put in zero practice time in the last week, then sit down, sing on the group/congregation parts, and let someone else have the solo. Even if it’s not me, I can think of three or four other soloists who would have done better and can actually read the music. 

It just looks bad and I’m not in charge, but I also don’t want to be forced to sit through practice all night because the soloist keeps messing up and stumbling around. It’s like when you see someone driving a big SUV they have no business driving because they can’t park it. 

• Like 5
14 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

You misunderstood my post. The trolls were pro Sussex, pro Meghan, pro Harry. 

And it didn’t stop until one of the banned trolls went after ad revenue.  One had three sock puppet accounts. The specific one who would do the bringing salacious stuff to that thread posted a lot in this thread and now seems to be gone.

Have a nice evening. I am done with Royal talk on this site.

You acknowledged that "those types of comments", i.e. racist and hateful comments, were posted by trolls who read these comments on other sites and brought them over here.  Now you're saying the ones making those comments were pro-Meghan?  Someone who is pro-Meghan would not be posting racist comments.

The administration was very clear in their directive that the forums were being shut down because they had devolved into a toxic culture of hate.

I stand by my statement that the people who made the hateful and racist comments know exactly who they are.  They may not believe that their comments were hateful and racist, but it seems clear that the adminsitration did.  That's why the Royals forums are gone.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
(edited)

Yep. The pro trolls would bring those comments over and be all “Oh gosh this is terrible how can people say this” and no one would respond except for the pro Sussex crew. There was also a crew who would post dissertations back and forth debating points over and over.

The toxicity came from sock puppet accounts pretending to be pro and con Sussex. The mods were worn out with reports. Notice also that the ones I am speaking of are no longer posting, anywhere. 
I am not saying you were/are a problem but this attack-y reworded “ if this then that” rebuttals here, having to have the last word is exactly what happened in the Sussex thread. The fashion thread was a fun non confrontational thread. Once the Sussex got inserted in other threads the mods just could not handle it anymore. 
Lastly, everytime you would post here, with your interpretation of what the mods and former CM meant by their post it would be deleted. I think that speaks volumes for what happened.

Have a nice week. 

Edited by stewedsquash
  • Applause 3

Mine is currently filing taxes.  I’ve always used TurboTax, but I moved states in October and it’s turning into a nightmare.  It wants to know how much of my income was earned in my old state, and then the new state is claiming I owe them more than I am getting back from the federal government.   I admit that I may owe them something because when my employer stopped taking nyc taxes out of my paycheck they didn’t replace it with any other taxes but I don’t think I owe that much for three months.  I’ve never hired a tax person and don’t know how to go about doing that but I may have to.  

• Hugs 7
12 minutes ago, partofme said:

Mine is currently filing taxes.  I’ve always used TurboTax, but I moved states in October and it’s turning into a nightmare.  It wants to know how much of my income was earned in my old state, and then the new state is claiming I owe them more than I am getting back from the federal government.   I admit that I may owe them something because when my employer stopped taking nyc taxes out of my paycheck they didn’t replace it with any other taxes but I don’t think I owe that much for three months.  I’ve never hired a tax person and don’t know how to go about doing that but I may have to.  

You might not have to hire a tax professional.  I remember the times I moved out of state that I needed to file a partial year tax form for the state and not the regular state form.  I have never filed my state taxes using TurboTax, so I don't know if they do partial year state taxes.  

@Cloud9Shopper Since you're planning to move to a different church choir, go ahead and let the director know how embarrassing it's going to be when this man stumbles through his solo. It will not only be a bad reflection on the soloist, but on the director as well.

• Like 2
Just now, annzeepark914 said:

@Cloud9Shopper Since you're planning to move to a different church choir, go ahead and let the director know how embarrassing it's going to be when this man stumbles through his solo. It will not only be a bad reflection on the soloist, but on the director as well.

I would if I had the bravery to do so. 😂 But since I’m not in charge and have no influence it’s not my place. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

You might not have to hire a tax professional.  I remember the times I moved out of state that I needed to file a partial year tax form for the state and not the regular state form.  I have never filed my state taxes using TurboTax, so I don't know if they do partial year state taxes.  

We've always had a tax accountant because my husband had an auto repair business. They're really not that expensive. Shop around, I bet you can even find an accounting student who will work for cheap. It's worth it for the peace of mind.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

ETA: For example, I had a peeve that was a peeve regardless of the scenario/location; the instance I shared just happened to occur at a doctor appointment. I got a message saying that it had to be moved to the medical peeves or whatever it is. No one was mean about it or anything, but it seems not necessary. 

@TattleTeenyI also had a peeve regarding a medical issue that disappeared but did not receive any message telling me to move it. 

• Useful 1

It's a scenario I'll be facing next year, so I'm thankful this came up. I have no idea how to find a tax accountant and was figuring I'd have to go to H&R Block or something like that.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, KittyMom4 said:

@TattleTeenyI also had a peeve regarding a medical issue that disappeared but did not receive any message telling me to move it. 

Weird! Though maybe it was a casualty of the recent chnages?

There's a peeve: I always type "chnages" when I mean "chnages." < SEE?! I mean "changes." And I type the word often in my job.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, partofme said:

Mine is currently filing taxes.  I’ve always used TurboTax, but I moved states in October and it’s turning into a nightmare.

So sorry to hear you're having trouble. I've been using Turbo Tax for YEARS and it's a godsend. It does all the work for me. Just finished doing mine in 45 minutes.

I remember having to split between two states when I was in NY and then moved back to Maryland, and don't recall it being that difficult. Have you tried contacting them?

• Like 2
(edited)

Taking the medical talk to the dedicated health and wellness forum was a decision made more than two years ago. It applied first to Chit Chat and then over here to Pet Peeves. 

The new moderating team, in my opinion, should continue to enforce that decision. 

Here's the thing:

1. When people got going in these topics about something that was health related, EVERYBODY chimed in with their own problems. Every single time, it would turn into two pages of "Your rash reminds me of my cousin's ear infection issue" to "I took vitamin Q when I had a toenail infection" to "Don't get me started on vitamins..."
  2. When somebody would post "My sister in law had her spleen stapled to her pancreas during a routine colonoscopy, and then when she got Covid, she died." in Chit Chat, normal people who showed up to say something about the cute hat they just bought are like "Damn. I guess my hat story doesn't rate."
Edited by JTMacc99
  • Like 16
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So sorry to hear you're having trouble. I've been using Turbo Tax for YEARS and it's a godsend. It does all the work for me. Just finished doing mine in 45 minutes.

I remember having to split between two states when I was in NY and then moved back to Maryland, and don't recall it being that difficult. Have you tried contacting them?

No I haven’t, but I think I need to speak to a person, either at TurboTax or an accountant.  I worked for the same company the whole year and they sent me 3 different W2s.  I’ve never gotten anything like this before.  The NY and NJ state tax portion are both showing me amortization forms and the whole thing is a mess.  

6 minutes ago, partofme said:

No I haven’t, but I think I need to speak to a person, either at TurboTax or an accountant.  I worked for the same company the whole year and they sent me 3 different W2s.  I’ve never gotten anything like this before.  The NY and NJ state tax portion are both showing me amortization forms and the whole thing is a mess.  

They have phone numbers where you can talk to a real person. I just spoke with someone to help with a refund on a service I didn't want, and thought I had chosen "skip", but the charge went through. He was very nice and helpful.

• Like 2

My peeve is that it was an absolutely beautiful day outside, until I showered, made a hot drink, and was just about to go out there. Now we have rain coming in. 

• Love 1

My current peeve is that I can't get through to a real person on the phone.  I have to make several calls -- I can't seem to figure out how to do what I need to do on line -- and I am sick and tired of being on hold forever!  

• Like 9
2 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

My current peeve is that I can't get through to a real person on the phone.  I have to make several calls -- I can't seem to figure out how to do what I need to do on line -- and I am sick and tired of being on hold forever!  

I keep saying "agent" over and over again instead of telling the algorithm what my reason for calling is and not answering that I want it to send me a text. Works nine times out 10.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I keep saying "agent" over and over again instead of telling the algorithm what my reason for calling is and not answering that I want it to send me a text. Works nine times out 10.

Unfortunately, that gets me sent to the hold music, the same as if I press whichever number is the option I need.

• Fire 2
15 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

That was me yesterday with my car insurance company; none of the usual tricks for getting quickly out of the automated system and in line to speak with a representative worked, and when I finally did, it was a hold time of over 40 minutes -- with no callback option.  I was able to do what needed to be done online, but the part that's not time-sensitive still needs to be addressed, so I'll try calling again later this week.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, partofme said:

Having just been down the road of having to prepare tax forms for two different states, my advice is to find a tax professional that knows the peculiar tax rules in both states or even that might be a nightmare.  I had to consult with a NY accountant to straighten out my CT accountant over taxes owed on the sale of my father's apartment after he died because the CT accountant was clueless about the tax laws in NY state pertaining to co-op apartment sales.  Some here may remember me posting about this a few weeks ago.  Thanks to @EtheltoTillie I got some direction and believe it or not it's only now that my CT accountant is sure he understands what he needs to do.  And thankfully I'm actually getting a rather nice refund rather than having to pay any additional taxes.

That said, I actually never had a bad experience with H&R Block when I used them, and their preparers have seen a lot of stuff and if they don't know something they have a lot of internal support to assist them in getting it right.  I'm sure this depends on who you get, maybe I was lucky but I actually had two preparers at different times and both were very good.

• Like 4
On 3/4/2024 at 3:16 PM, Anela said:

This is the quote:

This is one reason that the older I get the less of a joiner I am.

22 hours ago, Bastet said:

I'm waiting with baited breath.  Seriously this kind of stuff is one of my own issues.  I know there's a dryer somewhere with all our missing socks and other stuff.  I lose those elastic ponytail holders all the time and reading glasses.  WTF do they GO, this house is not that big!  I joke that stuff goes into a "rift in the spacetime continuum" to quote Star Trek: Next Generation!

• Like 6
8 hours ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

Solo singers who cannot sing.

So there are several of us in my choir who do solos from time to time (me included) and it’s a pretty fair rotation. But tonight we are singing for a special service where our bishop will be present, and the soloist our director picked is painful to listen to. Last night he was still stumbling over words in practice, and even when we all had to stay 20 minutes extra after the director said we were done (which I was not happy about in and of itself, another peeve of mine…if you say we are done then let people go home), he continued to need to stop and fall over his words. Look, I’m sorry. I know singing solo can be hard or feel uncomfortable, but what are you going to do if you start stuttering and stumbling during the service? You can’t exactly stop and ask everyone to start over again. If the music is that hard for you and you apparently put in zero practice time in the last week, then sit down, sing on the group/congregation parts, and let someone else have the solo. Even if it’s not me, I can think of three or four other soloists who would have done better and can actually read the music. 

It just looks bad and I’m not in charge, but I also don’t want to be forced to sit through practice all night because the soloist keeps messing up and stumbling around. It’s like when you see someone driving a big SUV they have no business driving because they can’t park it. 

This sounds like what happens in volunteer choirs.  I sang in one about 30 years ago and that was sometimes the situation.  I sang solos myself but at least I could sing.  And our choir director would never put someone up for a solo that couldn't sing if a bishop was present.  No, never.  I get your frustration.  Been there, done that.

Sigh, I don't want to make you feel bad but now most of those poor older people that couldn't hold a note in my choir are now probably singing together in the "choir eternal", and hopefully if God is good on tune and without difficulty.

If I were you and I felt comfortable talking to the choir director about how I felt I would do that.  But I get it that that might not be your situation.  I was lucky to have a really nice choir director.  After she left, though, a "music snob" took over that actively pushed out some of those poor older people that had been singing there for years, and in a very nasty way, too.  It made me feel bad for ever being frustrated with them and I actually defended them to that director soon before I left that church.

Yeah, and that's only ONE reason I'm not much of a "joiner" anymore.  My husband sings with a choir now at a different church and he's happy there but I have too much PTSD over our earlier experience and how I was always being asked to run every event and chair the Vestry.  I liked doing that stuff but after a while they just wanted more and more and it turned into a thankless job that was burning me out.  Then our Priest died (this was an Episcopal church) and the one that took over was another snob that was only nice to people who had tons of money to contribute to the church.  That was the last straw.  I left there and never joined a church again.

And I freaking double majored in Philosophy and THEOLOGY, too!!!

• Hugs 1
  • Sad 5
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I just make a sound and the computer says I’m sorry did you say (whatever option) and I say jibberish and then the computer will say I’m having trouble understanding, more jibberish and then the computer says Hold on, I’m connecting you to someone who can help. Then a weary sounding person answers and I politely give my issue or need. It’s the cable people that I do this too. I refuse to go through the automated hoops. When a human answers I give the info they need then say, “Have a tech person call me or send service out please. I am not rebooting, checking the name on the boxes, I don’t care how many are using when I am using, I am not buying a different tv. Thanks for your help.” And then they usually say Please confirm your call back number.

I don’t give them a hard time but I am not going through their nonsense. I get that things are a bunch of moving pieces regarding cable/streaming and I am very patient. But I am not doing any of those things.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Unfortunately, that gets me sent to the hold music, the same as if I press whichever number is the option I need.

I've been put on hold with that darn music for several minutes before it automatically hung up on me or I end up getting silence instead of voicemail several times.  I finally called the same number, pressed for another person and told that person what had happened.  It was a phone system error.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

Suddenly today there's a very annoying, mostly opaque white blank banner running across the entire bottom of my screen when using this site on Chrome, taking up about 1/6 of the window.  I thought maybe if I canceled my ad blocker it would go away but it's even there when I turn it off.  Sometimes it has an ad in it but even when I "x" out of it, the banner is still there with no ad.  It's happening on both my laptop and desktop, in both Windows 10 and 11. 

Oh, and I just checked, it's also happening on Internet Explorer or whatever that's called these days, but only for a second until the page loads and then it goes away.

Is anyone else having this issue?

• Like 2
(edited)

Yep, I'm getting it, too. I didn't know if it was some issue with my computer or what, so I'm glad that I'm not the only one dealing with it here. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Is anyone else having this issue?

Yes, but it disappears after a second or two.  And the pages of this site are suddenly causing my ad blocker to block exponentially more things than usual (e.g. nearly 300 on this page!), so I think it's connected.  As I only see it briefly, I haven't reported it, but if it's sticking for you, you may want to let admins know in the Tech forum (for bugs, questions, and suggestions).

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Yes, but it disappears after a second or two.  And the pages of this site are suddenly causing my ad blocker to block exponentially more things than usual (e.g. nearly 300 on this page!), so I think it's connected.  As I only see it briefly, I haven't reported it, but if it's sticking for you, you may want to let admins know in the Tech forum (for bugs, questions, and suggestions).

On my end it only disappears in Internet Explorer (or whatever name they call it now) but in Chrome it stays there for good.  And I use Chrome as my default browser so I hate the idea of having to switch just to get rid of it.  Thanks for the link, I would have fumbled around to find the right place to post it.

• Like 2

It's happening to me, too, and there are blocks of space in between posts. When I refresh, they go away, but the banner comes back briefly at the bottom, and I have an arrow pointing upwards, on the side of the page. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Anela said:

It's happening to me, too, and there are blocks of space in between posts. When I refresh, they go away, but the banner comes back briefly at the bottom, and I have an arrow pointing upwards, on the side of the page. 

Yeah, this is what I keep experiencing, too. 

• Like 1