Type keyword(s) to search

Pet Peeves: Aka Things That Make You Go "Gah!"

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

Your Pet Peeves are your Pet Peeves and you're welcome to express them here. However, that does not mean that you can use this topic to go after your fellow posters; being annoyed by something they say or do is not a Pet Peeve.

If there's something you need clarification on, please remember: it's always best to address a fellow poster directly; don't talk about what they said, talk to them. Politely, of course! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be treated with respect. (If need be, check out the how to have healthy debates guidelines for more).

While we're happy to grant the leniency that was requested about allowing discussions to go beyond Pet Peeves, please keep in mind that this is still the Pet Peeves topic. Non-pet peeves discussions should be kept brief, be related to a pet peeve and if a fellow poster suggests the discussion may be taken to Chit Chat or otherwise tries to course-correct the topic, we ask that you don't dismiss them. They may have a point.

• Start Topic

58 minutes ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

because I don’t. End of story. 😂

My pet peeve today is the “We’re _____; of course we ______” trend that refuses to die on social media. Mostly Instagram but it’s been on Facebook too. It was kinda cute the first few videos but now that everyone and their mother is making one, it is tired and unoriginal. Sucks when something fun gets run into the ground to the point where it now sucks. 

I'm not on reddit, Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn. Not missing anything! Try it, you might like it! (pet peeve: the world telling the world you gotta be on line 24/7. No, you don't!)

• Like 5
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, isalicat said:

I'm not on reddit, Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn. Not missing anything! Try it, you might like it! (pet peeve: the world telling the world you gotta be on line 24/7. No, you don't!)

Truthfully I would probably get off LinkedIn if there wasn’t so much messaging that you need it to get a job and network, and share your own posts. Maybe after I’m done job hunting I’ll hibernate it for a good long time! 

• Like 4
10 hours ago, isalicat said:

Can’t when you’re trying to promote your book and you can’t afford PR.  Plus they would recommend that you have at least Instagram, anyway.  

• Like 4
14 hours ago, isalicat said:

It won’t work if you employed lol. Maybe when I retire!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

It won’t work if you employed lol. Maybe when I retire!

I'm employed and not on any of those sites.  (While they all have issues, there's nothing inherently wrong with any of them, they're just not for me.)

• Like 7

Peeve:  some people in these age cohort groups on social media seem to take pride at their marginalization growing up.  It’s like they thought it was wonderful that their parents didn’t give them things that the “typical” middle class kid would have had.  And that people like me weren’t “normal” because we had bikes and Christmas/other holiday presents (though here in Toronto, getting a bike at Christmas would mean it’ll end up being stored for the next few months anyway).  They make it sound like we’re wimps.  What’s the deal?  My dad didn’t have much growing up (but they were never destitute.  Always had food on the table),  it he wouldn’t go around saying that it was better when things weren’t as good.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
(edited)
On 2/19/2024 at 7:26 PM, partofme said:

I had no idea it would tell her it was me but apparently it did and she wrote me asking how I am and I don’t know how or if I want to reply, there’s a reason I’m not on Facebook.   

I haven't tried to "spy" on anyone via Linkdin in a while, but I use it only for professional stuff anyway. But I can say that with Facebook, no one knows if you look at their profile or if even you see a message from them (until you actually open the message all the way, and you can mark it unseen as well -- I think the same goes for Linkedin). It's very easy to ensure on FB that you connect only with those you want to connect with. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I like autoplay when it's a show I choose to watch, but no Peacock, I do NOT want to keep up with the Kardashians. Please stop starting the show when I'm done with my Housewives!

I know on Hulu you can set the settings to go back to browser. Kind of a pain when you are binging, but it stops it from auto starting a show I didn’t ask for. On Peacock, as the credits roll, when the pop up comes on for a show that going to start, you just have to toggle down to cancel to stop it. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

I haven't tried to "spy" on anyone via Linkdin in a while, but I use it only for professional stuff anyway. But I can say that with Facebook, no one knows if you look at their profile or if even you see a message from them (until you actually open the message all the way, and you can mark it unseen as well -- I think the same goes for Linkedin). It's very easy to ensure on FB that you connect only with those you want to connect with. 

I don't know about Facebook. About 10 years ago I started searching for people I knew when I lived in another state. Not long after, one of those people showed up when FB started that annoying "people you may know" thing and I figured he noticed that I was searching his name. So, I haven't wanted to "spy" on anyone ever since. I really couldn't imagine him being interested in what I was doing in life as we weren't friends, just part of a large, mostly singles social group. I no longer use my full name on FB, nor a photo. Most folks I casually knew in the past don't know my married name. Hmmm 😎

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I figured out the issue was with my settings.   I don’t know if LinkedIn updated something or more likely I messed it up last week because I needed to make myself more visible after I got laid off.   But I didn’t want to make myself that visible.    

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I have been in the pit of depression for the last few weeks, and now I have a really bad feeling.  I hope it’s just cabin fever, hunger, and needing a better night’s sleep than I had last night.  

@peacheslatour I’m sorry I haven’t got back to you yet.  ❤️

• Hugs 16
1 hour ago, chitowngirl said:

I know on Hulu you can set the settings to go back to browser. Kind of a pain when you are binging, but it stops it from auto starting a show I didn’t ask for. On Peacock, as the credits roll, when the pop up comes on for a show that going to start, you just have to toggle down to cancel to stop it. 

Yeah, that’s what I do. I know it’s a silly pet peeve. 

• Like 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

I don't know about Facebook. About 10 years ago I started searching for people I knew when I lived in another state. Not long after, one of those people showed up when FB started that annoying "people you may know" thing and I figured he noticed that I was searching his name. So, I haven't wanted to "spy" on anyone ever since. I really couldn't imagine him being interested in what I was doing in life as we weren't friends, just part of a large, mostly singles social group. I no longer use my full name on FB, nor a photo. Most folks I casually knew in the past don't know my married name. Hmmm 😎

My understanding of the 'people you know' isn't the person, but some algorithm on FB doing it.  

The 'people' you may know section on my FB was a total pain, most from other countries that I never had any contact with.  It's one of the reasons I dumped FB.    It wasn't worth the sponsored ads for garbage, weird friend requests, scammers and catfishers posting on legit postings.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
9 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Not silly at all! When my husband has the remote he never pays attention and then the unwanted show starts and it is then in my Continue Watching queue until I clear it out. I like a tidy menu 😊

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, partofme said:

I figured out the issue was with my settings.   I don’t know if LinkedIn updated something or more likely I messed it up last week because I needed to make myself more visible after I got laid off.   But I didn’t want to make myself that visible.    

I bet they do that shit periodically to try to make people feel like they need to go for the premium membership.

2 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

That would be FB showing you something they think is pertinent to you. He’d probably also show up in that list if you looked up someone who knows/knew you both or someone with a school or workplace in common. It’s totally possible that he also got you in his suggested people list, but he generally wouldn’t have any way of knowing you looked (though I’m guessing that some kind of super-techy types might know of a way to do it).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Respectfully disagree  - I think it’s a legitimate peeve and I’ve posted about it elsewhere. Give me the option to opt out of autoplay!  Especially since each streamer that has it, has a different set of button pushes that you have to complete in approximately 1.5 seconds, to go back to the credits. 

• Like 5
On 2/20/2024 at 3:49 PM, Cloud9Shopper said:

My pet peeve today is the “We’re _____; of course we ______” trend that refuses to die on social media. Mostly Instagram but it’s been on Facebook too. It was kinda cute the first few videos but now that everyone and their mother is making one, it is tired and unoriginal. Sucks when something fun gets run into the ground to the point where it now sucks. 

I'm happy to say I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Anela said:

I have been in the pit of depression for the last few weeks, and now I have a really bad feeling.  I hope it’s just cabin fever, hunger, and needing a better night’s sleep than I had last night.  

I'm so sorry @Anela.  I hope there's something you can do for yourself to help pull you up and out of this.  🫂

• Like 5
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My understanding of the 'people you know' isn't the person, but some algorithm on FB doing it.  

When people are suggested, it seems it’s because you have a mutual “friend” in common.

• Useful 3
52 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

When people are suggested, it seems it’s because you have a mutual “friend” in common.

That's what I began to suspect after a while. I don't have many "friends" on Facebook (per my choice) but a number of them have 300+.

• Like 1

I have no friends on Facebook. My profile is a pseudonym, and the page is completely blank - I never post anything, including reviews or check-ins that might reveal my physical location.  

I still get "people you may know" suggestions. Some of them are connected to people whose profiles I have viewed, and others appear truly random.   

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
16 hours ago, Anela said:

@Anela Sending you some good vibes, you are not alone. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, KittyMom4 said:

@Anela Sending you some good vibes, you are not alone. 

Good vibes from this quarter too and a suggestion: Go outside! Look up!! Walk a bit. Breathe deeply of the fresh air. Walk a bit more. Find some grass and sit on it - if the weather permits, take your shoes and socks off and get your toes in the grass. Bend over and look at the amazing little universe contained in a square foot of grass and dirt. You are part of an ongoing creation and it is all good. 😺

Pet peeve: Forgetting that "this too shall pass". Because it does...

• Like 6
  • Love 3
On 2/23/2024 at 3:34 PM, isalicat said:

Pet peeve: Forgetting that "this too shall pass". Because it does...

Yes it does. I got through a tough situation last year by reminding myself that while it seems bad now, there's a reason, it will pass and I'll be better for it. I am. Those dark days are rough though.

• Like 9

I get peeved at myself when I forget to be grateful. I get so frustrated with my professional life, I can sometimes overlook how blessed I really am.

I always have to remind myself: My job is a living, not my life.

• Like 13
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

I get peeved at myself when I forget to be grateful. I get so frustrated with my professional life, I can sometimes overlook how blessed I really am.

I always have to remind myself: My job is a living, not my life.

My dad used to say "It's not your wife and it's not your life."

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

Today's peeve:  I had to get up an hour earlier than usual this morning, yet I feel like I've been up since dawn rather than 9:00 -- I keep thinking it's later than it is, and I'd really like a nap.  Every once in a rare while I can take a power nap, but I usually either can't fall asleep at all or will sleep for at least an hour, so I'm not going to try.

• Like 4

Losing puzzle pieces. Where did it go?? I remember putting it in place but it has vanished. I slid the puzzle across the board and pieces piled up and this one has disappeared. It's not on the floor, it's not between the chair cushion and side. It has entered another dimension, perhaps the one where missing socks go.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Wink 1
(edited)
30 minutes ago, ABay said:

Losing puzzle pieces. Where did it go?? I remember putting it in place but it has vanished. I slid the puzzle across the board and pieces piled up and this one has disappeared. It's not on the floor, it's not between the chair cushion and side. It has entered another dimension, perhaps the one where missing socks go.

Oh I hate that. Do you have a cat?  You should check out the jigsaw puzzle cats sub on Reddit. You will laugh 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

Stores that continue to reserve more parking spaces for everyone under the sun.   I don't begrudge most of them, like the handicapped spaces and "employee of the week", but the big Target near me recently set aside 24 parking spaces for "curbside pickup" and now it's a nightmare to get a decent space, especially on weekends.  Meanwhile hardly anyone uses them.  They could have set aside half that and it still would have been too much!  It just ticks me off that seniors who aren't technically handicapped with permits don't get any preferences.  Stores certainly love to put in spaces for "parents with infants" (and no offense to them but usually they are young and in good health, so why do they need a space closer to the store more than seniors do?)  I'm seriously considering contacting Target to complain about it, and I don't usually get that peeved about something to contact a company.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
32 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Stores that continue to reserve more parking spaces for everyone under the sun.   I don't begrudge most of them, like the handicapped spaces and "employee of the week", but the big Target near me recently set aside 24 parking spaces for "curbside pickup" and now it's a nightmare to get a decent space, especially on weekends.  Meanwhile hardly anyone uses them.  They could have set aside half that and it still would have been too much!  It just ticks me off that seniors who aren't technically handicapped with permits don't get any preferences.  Stores certainly love to put in spaces for "parents with infants" (and no offense to them but usually they are young and in good health, so why do they need a space closer to the store more than seniors do?)  I'm seriously considering contacting Target to complain about it, and I don't usually get that peeved about something to contact a company.

That's ridiculous!  There's no way I would feel any compunction about parking in those curbside pickup spots.  That was a Covid thing.  I wonder why they chose to increase spots now.  I'd be surprised if curbside pickup is on the increase.  I think the theory of having the spots close to the store is that the store employees have to run out and give the packages to the the shopper.   Still, 24 seems too much.  I usually see 4 or 6 spots at stores I go to. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, EtheltoTillie said:

That's ridiculous!  There's no way I would feel any compunction about parking in those curbside pickup spots.  That was a Covid thing.  I wonder why they chose to increase spots now.  I'd be surprised if curbside pickup is on the increase.  I think the theory of having the spots close to the store is that the store employees have to run out and give the packages to the the shopper.   Still, 24 seems too much.  I usually see 4 or 6 spots at stores I go to. 

That's just the thing!  With Covid not a big thing anymore curbside spaces have sat there at all stores for the most part unused.  Most of the time I see people parking there just because they can't find a regular space.  You can tell because no one's in the car waiting.  Why they are pushing this now is beyond me. 

24 is excessive, especially in this particular lot.  This Target shares a lot with a couple of other busy stores and its parking area is pretty separate from theirs.  It's separated by access lanes and other stores' reserved parking.  Each store has its own handicapped parking spots so add those to the total of reserved spots and it's ridiculous.  I think Target figured out the number of pickup spots based on the entire size of the parking lot when Target's area is only at best half of the total.  I always trace these things back to the lack of common sense lately and our failing educational system.  Of course I'll get called an "old crank" for saying that, LOL.

• Useful 2

Sadly, I no longer have a cat to blame for missing items. To be fair, she left puzzles alone except for a few times when she decided that spot of sun on the board was meant for her. And so it was. Maybe I have an interdimensional portal in my living room. That would be cool.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 2

24 spaces seems like a lot for curbside* -- and, on top of that, not a ringing endorsement for the store's ability to get the curbside orders out quickly.

*which I will admit that I do for any shopping I dislike and/or have no time to do (mainly grocery shopping; I despise it, so I place an online order and go get it on a break from work). 

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

24 spaces seems like a lot for curbside* -- and, on top of that, not a ringing endorsement for the store's ability to get the curbside orders out quickly.

*which I will admit that I do for any shopping I dislike and/or have no time to do (mainly grocery shopping; I despise it, so I place an online order and go get it on a break from work). 

Another peeve I have is with online grocery shopping.  The sites often say something's in stock but it turns out it's not.  The way I cook with fresh ingredients I often don't want to leave it up to chance as to whether or not I get a certain ingredient because it can wreck up my entire recipe.  And some recipes are dependent on the freshest of ingredients so you can't keep too much of them in your fridge at one time.  Like garlic - what's meatballs or gravy/sauce without fresh garlic?  And don't get me started on what I put up with during the pandemic when ordering for delivery.  The shoppers would often not pick the best produce.  Some of them were very good but then there were the ones that were awful.  I don't work anymore so I don't mind shopping.  I never minded it that much to be honest.  I often find products on the shelves I wouldn't have thought of if I didn't go there in person.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ABay said:

Maybe I have an interdimensional portal in my living room. That would be cool.

It's possible.  We used to say that lost items actually time travelled to the future, and were waiting for us to catch up and find them.  It was remarkable how many times we'd look in a place on one day and not find the thing, but then look in the same place a week later, and the thing would be there.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

I definitely run into issues that are annoying, but they never are so bad that I want to do the shopping myself. Lately, I have been lucky to have a shopper who is also vegan; she knows not to replace my yogurt with dairy yogurt or my burgers with real meat ones! Yup, that latter happened once...in the very same order where they didn't give me any paper towels at all because they were out of the kind I ordered. Logic! 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, ABay said:

Ghost? 😆

• Wink 1

I don't know how anybody shops for clothes online.  You'd have to have the most average figure and good luck, which I don't.  I ordered a simple pair of joggers in a petite size from Kohl's in the Tek Gear brand.  To be on the safe side I ordered two sizes because I usually never need a third one, especially that small.  So of course because I didn't order that third size it was the one I needed.  I was very peeved, especially because it was a Presidents' Day special and not only was the sale over but they were completely out of stock on it.  And not to mention the fact that in no one's universe should I ever be wearing that third size.  The lack of standardization is worse than ever and it only makes shopping online for clothes a nightmare for me.  It's hard enough to find some of this stuff in petite sizes online much less in stores where I could try them on.  I would gladly go to the store to try them on to prevent this kind of aggravation, but they refuse to stock than much in petites anymore.  And I am frankly sick of people defending online shopping like it's the best thing since sliced bread.  Maybe for Mr. and Ms. Average it is, but I end up returning 75% of what I order, and I'm very aware of what size I take and always order more than one size in everything and then take back what doesn't fit.  Even items I've ordered before in that same size often don't fit anymore.  My husband, who IS "Joe Average" in terms of size is even having problems with stuff fitting.  It never used to be this bad, BTW.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
7 hours ago, ABay said:

Run your hand across the puzzle/lean down and look at it from the side.  Is is absolutely 100% flat?  My first thought would be the missing piece got up under the finished part.  Or ghosts.

• Like 5
(edited)
On 2/28/2024 at 12:35 PM, Yeah No said:

I don't know how anybody shops for clothes online. 

I do (and for shoes, too), and rarely have to return anything.  But the big caveat is the only pants I buy online are loungewear; for proper trousers, I need to try them on because a lot is not cut for my wide hips, big ass, and/or long legs.  Shirts and dresses, though, I usually do fine ordering (I'm "only" a D-cup up top, so easier to accommodate than whatever my bottom half curves would be rated).

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I definitely run into issues that are annoying, but they never are so bad that I want to do the shopping myself. Lately, I have been lucky to have a shopper who is also vegan; she knows not to replace my yogurt with dairy yogurt or my burgers with real meat ones! Yup, that latter happened once...in the very same order where they didn't give me any paper towels at all because they were out of the kind I ordered. Logic! 

Do you us Amazon Fresh, Grub Hub, Doordash or something else?

1 hour ago, Bastet said:

I do (and for shoes, too), and rarely have to return anything.  But the big caveat is the only pants I buy online are loungewear; for proper trousers, I need to try them on because not everything is cut for my wide hips and big ass.  Shirts and dresses, though, I usually do fine ordering.

Same, but I've gotten better at looking at size charts and then measuring myself to make sure I'm getting the right size. I'm losing weight right now so my size keeps changing and what fit two months ago may not be the right size anymore. Except shoes. When someone learns how to diet to shrink your foot size, please share.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, emma675 said:

Same, but I've gotten better at looking at size charts and then measuring myself to make sure I'm getting the right size. I'm losing weight right now so my size keeps changing and what fit two months ago may not be the right size anymore. Except shoes. When someone learns how to diet to shrink your foot size, please share.

I have foot swelling issues and when I lose weight my shoe size naturally goes down.  

But my problem being short and middle aged is that my weight goes mostly to my midsection so gaining or losing only a few pounds puts me into a new size.  And that plus not being proportionate makes it hard to find something that fits unless I try it on. 

Also I realize I'm fussier than a lot of people about the way things fit me, but I have to be because the way I'm built it's harder to get things to look the way I want them to look or the way they look on other people.  Even petite sizes are often not proportioned exactly right for me.  I have shorter than average arms for my height and clothing manufacturers proportion things for a younger figure and often don't give enough room in the midsection for middle aged women.  And I refuse to wear something that I think looks like a sack on me to accommodate that midsection because it can make me look heavier than I am in a hot minute.  It's easy for clothing to overwhelm a short person.

• Like 4
15 hours ago, emma675 said:

Except shoes. When someone learns how to diet to shrink your foot size, please share.

I don't know how this happened, but when I lost the weight last year? And I think I mentioned this, when I went to trial for work in May, not only did my suits not fit (it had been four years since I'd worn them, and dumbass me didn't think), the pants were barely hanging on my hips, but my shoes no longer fit! That's right. I've gone down a size in my shoes, too. I've had to get those inserts so I can wear my heels, and have been wearing thick, thick wool socks when wearing my ankle boots.

I never thought one could shrink their shoe sizes! Go Figure!

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
16 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I have foot swelling issues and when I lose weight my shoe size naturally goes down.  

But my problem being short and middle aged is that my weight goes mostly to my midsection so gaining or losing only a few pounds puts me into a new size.  And that plus not being proportionate makes it hard to find something that fits unless I try it on. 

Also I realize I'm fussier than a lot of people about the way things fit me, but I have to be because the way I'm built it's harder to get things to look the way I want them to look or the way they look on other people.  Even petite sizes are often not proportioned exactly right for me.  I have shorter than average arms for my height and clothing manufacturers proportion things for a younger figure and often don't give enough room in the midsection for middle aged women.  And I refuse to wear something that I think looks like a sack on me to accommodate that midsection because it can make me look heavier than I am in a hot minute.  It's easy for clothing to overwhelm a short person.

It's funny.  Petite clothes used to be MADE for older ladies!  But these days, with Banana Republic, Ann Taylor and J.Crew making petite sizes, it's definitely not the case.  LOL.  And even at 44, there's no way I'm doing Talbots.  Lately, I've been shopping local and sustainable.  Usually getting pieces from brands that are petite-friendly, but not petite itself.  I'm more or less living in tunics and leggings in the colder months anyway.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, PRgal said:

It's funny.  Petite clothes used to be MADE for older ladies!  But these days, with Banana Republic, Ann Taylor and J.Crew making petite sizes, it's definitely not the case.  LOL.  And even at 44, there's no way I'm doing Talbots.  Lately, I've been shopping local and sustainable.  Usually getting pieces from brands that are petite-friendly, but not petite itself.  I'm more or less living in tunics and leggings in the colder months anyway.

I don't know if this means I'm getting old or have old-fashioned taste, but I just checked their site, and Talbot's makes some pretty dresses despite its old lady rep. I haven't been to one of their stores in a while though. Maybe you have to do a lot of digging to get to the cute stuff? IDK. 

My sis used to say Ann Taylor was for old people, but I think we were both in our 20s then, so maybe everything was just too businesslike. They're opening a store near me again, and I'm excited about that. 

Loft is also nice if you want petite clothing that is pretty. 

• Useful 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I don't know if this means I'm getting old or have old-fashioned taste, but I just checked their site, and Talbot's makes some pretty dresses despite its old lady rep. I haven't been to one of their stores in a while though. Maybe you have to do a lot of digging to get to the cute stuff? IDK. 

My sis used to say Ann Taylor was for old people, but I think we were both in our 20s then, so maybe everything was just too businesslike. They're opening a store near me again, and I'm excited about that. 

Loft is also nice if you want petite clothing that is pretty. 

I'm 65 and I think Talbots feels a little old for me.  There are certain brands that I've always noticed tend to appeal to women a few years older than me and it's been that way for some time.  I worked with a lot of women just a little older than me that loved Talbots and Chico's while pretty much all of the women I knew my age and younger never shopped there.  I remember  couple of my older coworkers used to try to get me to shop there with them at lunch.  I went a couple of times but I didn't have the heart to tell them it wasn't my cup of tea.  I do see stuff at Talbots I like every now and then but somehow never enough for me to want to buy it.  Some of it has to do with the prices I think.  I find similar stuff elsewhere for less.

Ann Taylor is mostly career clothing and being retired I find it a little too formal for most of my needs.

I love Loft and love that they have petites but not everything there works for me.  I usually buy off their clearance rack.  A few months ago I got a fantastic black vinyl moto jacket there on a one day sale that I absolutely love.  It's so hard to find something like that in a petite size anymore.  We used to have so many more choices, like Dress Barn, Fashion Bug, Petite Sophisticate and more, but they've all gone out of business.  I used to love Lord & Taylor's clearance racks because the prices would keep going down the longer the items stayed on the racks.  I still wear some nice stuff I got there that way.  Also they had a very nice petite coat selection.  Macy's is no match for theirs.  When I went to Florida last Fall I went to a Dillard's and was blown away because I'd never seen a petite department that big anywhere.  Of course I don't live anywhere near a Dillard's and am afraid to order online from them because I'd have to pay to ship it back if it doesn't fit.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1