Type keyword(s) to search

Pet Peeves: Aka Things That Make You Go "Gah!"

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

Your Pet Peeves are your Pet Peeves and you're welcome to express them here. However, that does not mean that you can use this topic to go after your fellow posters; being annoyed by something they say or do is not a Pet Peeve.

If there's something you need clarification on, please remember: it's always best to address a fellow poster directly; don't talk about what they said, talk to them. Politely, of course! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be treated with respect. (If need be, check out the how to have healthy debates guidelines for more).

While we're happy to grant the leniency that was requested about allowing discussions to go beyond Pet Peeves, please keep in mind that this is still the Pet Peeves topic. Non-pet peeves discussions should be kept brief, be related to a pet peeve and if a fellow poster suggests the discussion may be taken to Chit Chat or otherwise tries to course-correct the topic, we ask that you don't dismiss them. They may have a point.

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,
  • Start Topic

I hate traffic circles. The worst was driving in England, where you go around so fast (and you're driving on the wrong side of the road with the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car--but more about that in a minute) that you feel you could be launched into outer space if you exited wrong.

There are a couple of them in the most trafficky part of the state capital here. I was a passenger there in the car of a very eccentric friend of mine, who is a terrible driver. As we enter the circle, she says, "Almost no one knows how to drive through a traffic circle, but I'm very good at it." And she's going about three miles an hour, and a whole line of cars is bunched up behind her, blasting their horns (which you never hear in Maine) and trying to squeeze past her, and she's completely oblivious. I realized at that moment that she's a vehicular Typhoid Mary--she never has an accident, but she causes a ton of them. I don't go places with her anymore.

(One thing that dawned on me while driving in England is that after the initial terror of doing it all backwards, English driving actually feels much more natural if you're a lefty like me.)

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

I hate traffic circles. The worst was driving in England, where you go around so fast (and you're driving on the wrong side of the road with the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car--but more about that in a minute) that you feel you could be launched into outer space if you exited wrong.

There are a couple of them in the most trafficky part of the state capital here. I was a passenger there in the car of a very eccentric friend of mine, who is a terrible driver. As we enter the circle, she says, "Almost no one knows how to drive through a traffic circle, but I'm very good at it." And she's going about three miles an hour, and a whole line of cars is bunched up behind her, blasting their horns (which you never hear in Maine) and trying to squeeze past her, and she's completely oblivious. I realized at that moment that she's a vehicular Typhoid Mary--she never has an accident, but she causes a ton of them. I don't go places with her anymore.

(One thing that dawned on me while driving in England is that after the initial terror of doing it all backwards, English driving actually feels much more natural if you're a lefty like me.)

Well, that would be a funny story if it weren't so frightening  . . .

Driving in the UK was a white knuckle experience for me.  I did it a couple of times for a couple of days each time and never fully relaxed.  The traffic circles were confusing as you described.  I'm a righty, so I don't know if that made it worse.  Even walking in the streets is a trial--you have to remember constantly about looking to the right when crossing the street.

I drove in St. Thomas once.  They drive on the left, but they use US-made cars with left-side steering wheels.  It was actually easier, as I didn't have to think about how the car operated. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

See, that's one thing I don't think I could ever get used to.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Even walking in the streets is a trial--you have to remember constantly about looking to the right when crossing the street.

I know. Didn't someone famous get hit by a bus or something by looking the wrong way? I can't recall who or what.

1 hour ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I drove in St. Thomas once.  They drive on the left, but they use US-made cars with left-side steering wheels. 

I think it's that way in Jamaica, too. God, I'm a walking memory lapse today. Too much work. But I don't remember it being as traumatic as the UK. Until it started raining and the roads got oily.

15 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

See, that's one thing I don't think I could ever get used to.

The best part was that I was driving a stick, so I think it was also wrong hand on the gearshift--and maybe even wrong foot on the clutch (can't remember that either). You just have to suck it up and plunge in.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Well, I can't drive a stick!  I have tried.  I just couldn't get the hang of it.  I always had to use a borrowed car or pay for a driving lesson and never got enough time in to make it second nature.  I finally gave up when I learned you could now easily rent an automatic transmission vehicle in Europe.

I don't get the people who say they like it.  What do they like about having to do a bunch of extra maneuvers?  I really don't understand the ones who says they like it because it "gives you more control."  I don't feel my car going out of control when the gears are shifting. 

24 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Well, I can't drive a stick!  I have tried.  I just couldn't get the hang of it.  I always had to use a borrowed car or pay for a driving lesson and never got enough time in to make it second nature.  I finally gave up when I learned you could now easily rent an automatic transmission vehicle in Europe.

I don't get the people who say they like it.  What do they like about having to do a bunch of extra maneuvers?  I really don't understand the ones who says they like it because it "gives you more control."  I don't feel my car going out of control when the gears are shifting. 

I love driving a stick. My dad was a big English car guy. He restored old MG's, Jags and Triumphs and raced them as well. So my first car was an old Austen Mini. I had to learn to drive on a manual transmission if I wanted to make it to work on time for the dinner rush at the restaurant I was working at. A buddy of mine spent the whole afternoon with me driving around to get used to it. Then I got into stop and go traffic on the freeway and drove to work. I burned that clutch out in less than a year.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

The best part was that I was driving a stick, so I think it was also wrong hand on the gearshift--and maybe even wrong foot on the clutch (can't remember that either).

The pedals are the same, and the pattern of gears is the same.  I love driving a stick, but I didn't trust myself in England, and rented an automatic.  (I sometimes have issues with right and left, and was concerned about being able to find the right gears.)  I did spend a lot of time on the rumble strip on the motorways in England, and yes, the large roundabouts were terrifying.  But a lot of the really big ones had red lights to help people get into and out of them.

A roundabout was recently installed on the street in front of my building at work.  The day it opened, we spent nearly the whole day watching out the window.  I was astonished that no one was killed.  People just could not comprehend that they had to go around to the right to make a left turn.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I know how to drive stick, but I have no interest in doing so in L.A. traffic (and it just doesn't do anything for me in general) so I have always had automatic cars.  But every once in a great while I need to drive a stick for some reason, and I remember how to do it well enough to get from A to B (maybe with a stall or two along the way, but I get there).

• Love 2
6 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I'd like to add a related peeve re traffic circles, or roundabouts. 
In our area, they recently expanded some circles to two lane circles in higher traffic areas.  I thought this would alleviate the tie ups that had been clogging those intersections, but it's just worse.  It's very hard to get in to a lane. 

When my family lived in Colorado, the town we were in had roundabouts. That was my parents' first experience with them, and they HATED them. 

42 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

When my family lived in Colorado, the town we were in had roundabouts. That was my parents' first experience with them, and they HATED them. 

The only thing I hate about them is that many folks just can't seem to get the hang of it.  I do believ that they can be downright dangerous for our older drivers, if unfamiliar with them.  Someone above mentioned the 2-lane variety, which I prefer, as I can move around the folks frozen with fear, sitting in the inside lane waiting to see if there are any cars 2-3 miles down the road. 🙃

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Well, that would be a funny story if it weren't so frightening  . . .

Driving in the UK was a white knuckle experience for me.  I did it a couple of times for a couple of days each time and never fully relaxed.  The traffic circles were confusing as you described.  I'm a righty, so I don't know if that made it worse.  Even walking in the streets is a trial--you have to remember constantly about looking to the right when crossing the street.

I drove in St. Thomas once.  They drive on the left, but they use US-made cars with left-side steering wheels.  It was actually easier, as I didn't have to think about how the car operated. 

If the steering wheel is on the left and they also drive on the left then one must walk on to the traffic side to get into the car if they’re riding in the front.  Unless all streets are one way…..

7 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I'd like to add a related peeve re traffic circles, or roundabouts. 
In our area, they recently expanded some circles to two lane circles in higher traffic areas.  I thought this would alleviate the tie ups that had been clogging those intersections, but it's just worse.  It's very hard to get in to a lane. 

Okay, there aren’t too many traffic circles on my regular routes but I understand the concept. What I can’t wrap my head around is how a two lane circle would work. When would you ever want to move to the inside lane?  Don’t you enter then go 1/4 or 1/2 or 3/4 of the way around then exit on the right?  So if you move over to the left lane, don’t you almost immediately have to get back over to the right to exit?  Are these two lane circles much bigger than what I’m picturing?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Okay, there aren’t too many traffic circles on my regular routes but I understand the concept. What I can’t wrap my head around is how a two lane circle would work. When would you ever want to move to the inside lane?  Don’t you enter then go 1/4 or 1/2 or 3/4 of the way around then exit on the right?  So if you move over to the left lane, don’t you almost immediately have to get back over to the right to exit?  Are these two lane circles much bigger than what I’m picturing?

This is exactly my problem. You’re not going far enough to need to change lanes. The circles are not that big. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

The signage at the 2-lane version shows that the inside lane should be used if you're exiting at 9o'clock, and use the outside lane if exiting at 3o'clock or 12o'clock.  Having 2 lanes allows more vehicles to travel around simultaneously, causing less of a back-up.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, bilgistic said:

I have only ever had manual transmission cars. I love driving a manual.

That's the kind of car needed if one wants to drive into DC these days. There have been carjackings all over town but the criminals don't know how to drive a manual.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

The signage at the 2-lane version shows that the inside lane should be used if you're exiting at 9o'clock, and use the outside lane if exiting at 3o'clock or 12o'clock.  Having 2 lanes allows more vehicles to travel around simultaneously, causing less of a back-up.

Thanks, this is a good explanation of what is supposed to happen.  As a practical matter, it does not  help because I never get the chance to change lanes when I'm going around further.  There's too much traffic in the inside lane. 

4 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

That's the kind of car needed if one wants to drive into DC these days. There have been carjackings all over town but the criminals don't know how to drive a manual.

I solve this problem by driving a 2006 Subaru Outback with duct tape holding together a side panel.  It has 100,000 miles on it and runs really well, but it is its own antitheft device. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Thanks, this is a good explanation of what is supposed to happen.  As a practical matter, it does not  help because I never get the chance to change lanes when I'm going around further.  There's too much traffic in the inside lane. 

I solve this problem by driving a 2006 Subaru Outback with duct tape holding together a side panel.  It has 100,000 miles on it and runs really well, but it is its own antitheft device. 

My husband was a professional mechanic for thirty years. He used to be really anti-Subaru but the last few years he said their cars are now some of the best.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Oh I can see how that would work.  I had to draw myself a picture that ended up looking kind of like an anatomical heart, but - two lanes in, two lanes out at each entry/exit point. If you know when you enter that you want to exit at the next "o'clock" you enter in the right lane, which would be an exit-only lane (then a new right lane opens up for enterers).  If you know know you want to go more than one "o'clock" you enter in the left lane, and eventually exit from the left lane.  Worst case, if you didn't realize you should have entered in the right lane, you take an extra lap around.  Actually kind of makes sense.  Nobody ever actually changes lanes.  Today I learned.

27 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

Oh I can see how that would work.  I had to draw myself a picture that ended up looking kind of like an anatomical heart, but - two lanes in, two lanes out at each entry/exit point. If you know when you enter that you want to exit at the next "o'clock" you enter in the right lane, which would be an exit-only lane (then a new right lane opens up for enterers).  If you know know you want to go more than one "o'clock" you enter in the left lane, and eventually exit from the left lane.  Worst case, if you didn't realize you should have entered in the right lane, you take an extra lap around.  Actually kind of makes sense.  Nobody ever actually changes lanes.  Today I learned.

I get complete agita even thinking about this.  It's like trying to jump in in Double Dutch.   You can't enter on the left lane because cars are coming in the right lane.  This is how I always experience it.  Next time I go to our nearby town where they have these, I will make a better observation to see if I have been missing an opportunity to use two lanes. 

11 minutes ago, rcc said:

When people defend violence against their spouses/partners that all couples have their problems.

Or when, instead of saying A abuses B, they say "A and B have a tumultuous/volatile/turbulent relationship".

• Love 7

1 hour ago, rcc said:

When people defend violence against their spouses/partners that all couples have their problems.

Yes! False equivalencies drive me crazy.

I thought of another one. When teens or people in their early 20s do horrific things and it's defended with "we all did stuff like this growing up" or "we all have a past." Speak for yourself! 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I thought of another one. When teens or people in their early 20s do horrific things and it's defended with "we all did stuff like this growing up" or "we all have a past." Speak for yourself! 

YES. Indeed, teenagers will say and do stupid things at some point, for sure. I know I certainly did. 

But there are some things that I can safely say I never did do as a teenager, and never would've done as a teenager (or as an adult, for that matter), because, y'know, they're kind of really serious crimes that go way beyond simple "dumb teenage mistakes". 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

YES. Indeed, teenagers will say and do stupid things at some point, for sure. I know I certainly did. 

But there are some things that I can safely say I never did do as a teenager, and never would've done as a teenager (or as an adult, for that matter), because, y'know, they're kind of really serious crimes that go way beyond simple "dumb teenage mistakes". 

Exactly. Big difference between tweeting stupid things and assaulting someone. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Annber03 said:

17 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Exactly. Big difference between tweeting stupid things and assaulting someone. 

I wish social media didn't make it so popular for kids (and some adults) to do some really dumb and dangerous things. These kids are so focused on getting likes and followers that they will literally do anything to get them without thinking of the consequences. 

I did some dumb things but it wasn't to impress complete strangers who live across the country (or anyone), I did it not realizing how dumb/dangerous it was until I was an adult looking back.

• Love 8
On 1/18/2022 at 12:01 PM, SusannahM said:

Tv related peeve - people who will not accept it when you tell them you don't want to watch a certain show.  "Oh but you love history, you have to watch Game of Thrones", "I know you don't like gory shows but trust me Dexter isn't that bad", "If you like Big Bang Theory then I know you'll love Letterkenny".  Sigh.  I don't mind suggestions but I don't appreciate being badgered.  

Or put another way, if you enjoy a particular type of show, and someone tries to badger you into watching a show from a diametrically opposite genre (like, say, you like shows that are set in cities, like I do [I'm autistic, and I love seeing skyscrapers; a great source of such being L.A. Law, for one], but someone tries to make you watch shows that are set in "God's country", where all there is is trees and grass, like Little House on The Prairie); personally, I realize that some people enjoy "God's country," and love shows about small-town, country life, so this is why I will not try to make them give that up for shows set in cities.

Edited by bmasters9
Incomplete response
  • Love 1

As it states in the Primetimer & Politics site rules:

Primetimer is a TV SHOW discussion platform, we are not a news site. People often get out of joint when another is not in line with their beliefs, particularly when politics is involved. Then the mods have to spend more time refereeing and dealing with reports than is acceptable.

The protests in Canada fall under these rules, and we have removed posts about it. 

• Love 2
On 1/22/2022 at 10:24 AM, Spartan Girl said:

I hate it when libraries take so freaking long to get certain new books. Ordinarily if I don’t want to wait, I can get them on Overdrive or Hoopla, but it REALLY sucks when I can’t find them on either of those. Sometimes, it takes my library three or four months to get the books. I don’t know the specifics of the process, but please tell me I’m not the only one annoyed by this!

My local library uses a system that tells you how many holds there are currently on a specific title.  If it's something newly popular/publicized, the number of holds can be quite long.  If you chose to place a hold, you can periodically go back to your account to see how close you're getting to the front of the queue.  I put holds on books quite frequently. so there's usually something coming up.

On 1/29/2022 at 3:04 PM, Mondrianyone said:

Apparently he did not. He also apparently didn't notice the big honkin' display panel between the stove knobs which lights up to show which oven is running. Because . . ..

Because why? I don't know.

I call this kind of phenomenon male pattern blindness.

On 1/31/2022 at 10:57 AM, emma675 said:

Holy cow, that's confusing. I've never seen a three way stop before, I'm not sure we have those in Texas. Heck, they just installed a roundabout near my office and that confuses people enough. 

I love roundabouts, but I grew up in the UK.  My problem is that having learned to drive on a manual (which I also love), when I go back to visit family, I always stall out at that first monster roundabout at Heathrow because I've got so used to driving an automatic where I live!

• LOL 2

Speaking of books/the library, a pet peeve is the fact I bought way more books when I was younger and read more fluff. I read all sorts of stuff, but it would be hard to tell based on my collection. 

Edited by RealHousewife
On 1/18/2022 at 12:01 PM, SusannahM said:

Tv related peeve - people who will not accept it when you tell them you don't want to watch a certain show.  "Oh but you love history, you have to watch Game of Thrones", "I know you don't like gory shows but trust me Dexter isn't that bad", "If you like Big Bang Theory then I know you'll love Letterkenny".  Sigh.  I don't mind suggestions but I don't appreciate being badgered.  

Or if you say to someone, "If you like Emergency!, you'll love Chicago Fire," or "If you enjoy The Streets of San Francisco, you'll love Law and Order SVU or Blue Bloods."

Again, me personally, I know that a lot of them have those more modern shows in their DVD/Blu collections (and that is their freedom, for which they will not be judged), but also, I strongly believe the former shows in those analogies did it far better then, with none of the bedhopping or excessive violence, among other things (I'm in the middle of the third go on Emergency!, and slow-moving as it was back then, at least it was a show with a purpose [to show what firefighters and paramedics actually did then, and IIRC, still do today]).

• Love 2

Or if you say to someone, "If you like Emergency!, you'll love Chicago Fire," or "If you enjoy The Streets of San Francisco, you'll love Law and Order SVU or Blue Bloods."

I did have somebody tell me that about Chicago Fire. It's nothing like Emergency! It's about a bunch of alleged firefighters who spend all their time partying, drinking, shagging each other and having "meaningful" talks with each other about aforementioned parting, drinking, shagging, etc. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Pet peeve: People who ask you questions that are designed to make you feel bad.

I live in New England.  My parents live in Florida.  My dad is in the hospital with Covid.  My friend asked me if I'm going to try to see him.  Covid patients aren't even allowed visitors, but just by asking that, she's making me feel bad that I'm not flying down there, even though I can't see him, tickets are expensive, I'm not sure how I would get from the airport to my parents or the hospital, and don't even know if I could get the time off work.  But, because she asked, I'm now obsessing over whether I'm the worst daughter in the world.  I did ask my mom last week if she wanted me to come down and help take care of him, while he was home.  She said no.  My sister also offered. She was also told no.  But, there's nothing like somebody asking you a stupid question like that (as a medical assistant, she should know that they won't allow visitors) to make you feel like a piece of crap.

BTW, my mom thinks he's going to be OK. He's not on a ventilator, she talked to him on the phone and he sounded "chipper" and the nurse was optimistic with her.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

I have a step-brother like that. He will ask questions that he already knows the answers to, but by his mentioning them makes me feel bad too. I feel for you. Isn’t that gaslighting? 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 4

I live in New England.  My parents live in Florida.  My dad is in the hospital with Covid.  My friend asked me if I'm going to try to see him. 

Pretty sure I’d be the Clueless Acquaintance Trying To Make Small Talk who would say something like that, so sending out apologies to the universe. But in this case I suspect you already know how the remark was intended, or you wouldn’t have been peeved by it. 

• Love 3

I live in New England.  My parents live in Florida.  My dad is in the hospital with Covid.  My friend asked me if I'm going to try to see him.  Covid patients aren't even allowed visitors, but just by asking that, she's making me feel bad that I'm not flying down there, even though I can't see him, tickets are expensive, I'm not sure how I would get from the airport to my parents or the hospital, and don't even know if I could get the time off work.  But, because she asked, I'm now obsessing over whether I'm the worst daughter in the world.  I did ask my mom last week if she wanted me to come down and help take care of him, while he was home.  She said no.  My sister also offered. She was also told no.  But, there's nothing like somebody asking you a stupid question like that (as a medical assistant, she should know that they won't allow visitors) to make you feel like a piece of crap.

BTW, my mom thinks he's going to be OK. He's not on a ventilator, she talked to him on the phone and he sounded "chipper" and the nurse was optimistic with her.

My dad got Covid in 2020. Nobody asked me that. I mean WTF? My dad is still truckin' and I'm sure your dad will be too.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I have a step-brother like that. He will ask questions that he already knows the answers to, but by his mentioning them makes me feel bad too. I feel for you. Isn’t that gaslighting? 

I call it being passive aggressive.  My husband is the G.O.A.T.

Now she asked me if I want to go out to eat. Which I don't, because I don't want to go out in public indoors maskless.  She can't understand why I don't want to go around potentially spreading a disease that my dad is in the hospital for.  I'll probably feel better about it in May when the numbers should be down, but she's trying to convince me that all vaxxed people are fine and can't spread it, which is a bunch of hooey.  I mentioned she's a medical assistant, right?  I feel like she should know better.

Edited by Katy M
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I mentioned she's a medical assistant, right?  I feel like she should know better.

In some large settings, there are medical assistants whose job is entirely administrative, not clinical.  Regardless, they don't need to have any sort of science degree (in fact, some don't even need to have a anything other than HS diploma as completion of a credited program is not always required).  I mean, not that there aren't people out there who by their education and/or training (or, you know, common sense) ought to know a hell of a lot better spouting nonsense.  But her particular situation may not involve any extra relevant knowledge even with "medical" in her title.

I am glad to hear your dad is doing well.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

No, it’s just being a jerk. My sister does the same thing.

My peeve this morning is around medical appointments. My doctor referred me to a gastroenterologist in October to deal with bouts of almost constant acid reflux. Saw him in early January. He wants me to get an endoscopy and colonoscopy. The earliest appointment is in July. I’m particularly salty about it this morning because I have been up basically all night with acid reflux and nausea, which is even more unpleasant than it sounds. Stupid health care system. 

31 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

My peeve this morning is around medical appointments. My doctor referred me to a gastroenterologist in October to deal with bouts of almost constant acid reflux. Saw him in early January. He wants me to get an endoscopy and colonoscopy. The earliest appointment is in July. I’m particularly salty about it this morning because I have been up basically all night with acid reflux and nausea, which is even more unpleasant than it sounds. Stupid health care system. 

In the meantime, have you elevated the head of your bed at all? A wedge between your mattress and box spring can work. 6 to 8 inches of elevation is suggested, not just for your head, but to your shoulder blades.

FB489B41-C98F-471C-88C5-A72AA625B601.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I have chronic gerd, and prior to my endoscopy/diagnosis, was consuming Tums at epic levles - to the point that my system was overwhelmed with calcium.  I would suggest trying OTC Prilosec, daily, until you can get your diagnosis.  You should know within a week if an acid blocker is the answr.  I feel for you.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I have chronic gerd, and prior to my endoscopy/diagnosis, was consuming Tums at epic levles - to the point that my system was overwhelmed with calcium.  I would suggest trying OTC Prilosec, daily, until you can get your diagnosis.  You should know within a week if an acid blocker is the answr.  I feel for you.

That's what I take. If I skip even one day, I pay dearly.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I take omeprazole every other day, trying to taper down per the doctor. That’s not going so well.

I started with Rx strength Nexium - gosh, probably 20-25 yrs ago now., and recently switched to the OTC Prilosec due to..."issues" 😒 with insurance.  The Prilosec doesn't work quite as well for me, but it's manageable.  I've taken this medication every day for all these years. I know there are reported side effects, but like you, I couldn't exist without it.  If I go daft in my old age for it, oh well.  I might just as well be daft, based on what I've seen of old age.

• Love 2