Type keyword(s) to search

Pet Peeves: Aka Things That Make You Go "Gah!"

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

Your Pet Peeves are your Pet Peeves and you're welcome to express them here. However, that does not mean that you can use this topic to go after your fellow posters; being annoyed by something they say or do is not a Pet Peeve.

If there's something you need clarification on, please remember: it's always best to address a fellow poster directly; don't talk about what they said, talk to them. Politely, of course! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be treated with respect. (If need be, check out the how to have healthy debates guidelines for more).

While we're happy to grant the leniency that was requested about allowing discussions to go beyond Pet Peeves, please keep in mind that this is still the Pet Peeves topic. Non-pet peeves discussions should be kept brief, be related to a pet peeve and if a fellow poster suggests the discussion may be taken to Chit Chat or otherwise tries to course-correct the topic, we ask that you don't dismiss them. They may have a point.

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Annber03 said:

No snow here at all. It's supposed to be near 50 degrees today here. If I wanted to live somewhere with no snow and warm(er) temperatures this time of year, I'd go live in the south. I want my cold weather and snow!

Yes. We had one snow this year so far and it stayed for less than a day. If I make a guess based on past couple of years, we might have two more like that and maybe one that will last longer if we're lucky. I remember having lots of snow in the winter when I was a child, which makes me sound like an old lady, but I'm 31. I hate climate change.

Anyone who wants snow can have mine, but you have to shovel it yourself.
I'm only still living in snow country because 1) my daughter married someone whose large extended family lives here and now they're pregnant, and 2) I think I'm too old to try moving south. 

• Love 3

I hate Google Lens, I want the nice, easy Google Image search back. Why do companies keep making "improvements" that are clearly not as good as the original without giving you the option to use the original?. Flickr recently got rid of their helpful & easy to read Recent Activity page & replaced it with a clunky, hard to read Notifications page. 99% of their customers have complained about it, but Flickr doesn't care. This led me to post my opinion in the help forum that the only reason for the switch was an upcoming money making scheme of some sort on their part. I posted this comment in a few different threads. Every thread that I posted that in was deleted, not just my comment, but the entire thread,. This only strengthens my belief that there will be a money making scheme coming up. 

• Love 2

So I have a pet peeve that has turned into a Christmas Miracle!
(or Kwanza or Festivus or Late Hanukkah or Whathaveyou Miracle)

My mom had an Electrolux cannister vacuum for 40 years. I appreciate that 10+ years is pretty good for the average upright manufactured after the middle of the 20th century. But my vacuums have been lasting fewer and fewer years, until the one I bought in February for about $130 had 2 battery pacs die already. Seriously? I realize there are $1K vacuum cleaners and probably $300 is not unusual. And, to be fair, I bought the vacuum for a very low-pile rug, but now am stuck with a shag rug for the near future because of unforeseen subfloor issues.

Anyhoo. On to the Miracle of the Season:
After spending too much time (again!!) researching new vacuums for a shag rug I do intend to replace this spring/summer with click-lock flooring or at least a low pile carpet (depends other issues with the place) I was able to contact the company that I got the vacuum cleaner from in February, and they replied to me twice already——on Christmas Eve!!!——and are sending me a new battery--which should last until I can resolve the (50 year-old!) shag rug issue.

So: Yay!

And I think a miracle involving a shag rug just has to be a Festivus Miracle. Amirite?
Ooo. But if the battery lasts for 8 months, will it be a Hanukkah miracle?

May all your holidays be bright, everyone!!👋

• Love 3
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

So I have a pet peeve that has turned into a Christmas Miracle!
(or Kwanza or Festivus or Late Hanukkah or Whathaveyou Miracle)

My mom had an Electrolux cannister vacuum for 40 years. I appreciate that 10+ years is pretty good for the average upright manufactured after the middle of the 20th century. But my vacuums have been lasting fewer and fewer years, until the one I bought in February for about $130 had 2 battery pacs die already. Seriously? I realize there are $1K vacuum cleaners and probably $300 is not unusual. And, to be fair, I bought the vacuum for a very low-pile rug, but now am stuck with a shag rug for the near future because of unforeseen subfloor issues.

Anyhoo. On to the Miracle of the Season:
After spending too much time (again!!) researching new vacuums for a shag rug I do intend to replace this spring/summer with click-lock flooring or at least a low pile carpet (depends other issues with the place) I was able to contact the company that I got the vacuum cleaner from in February, and they replied to me twice already——on Christmas Eve!!!——and are sending me a new battery--which should last until I can resolve the (50 year-old!) shag rug issue.

So: Yay!

And I think a miracle involving a shag rug just has to be a Festivus Miracle. Amirite?
Ooo. But if the battery lasts for 8 months, will it be a Hanukkah miracle?

May all your holidays be bright, everyone!!👋

My mom swore by Electrolux vacuums. I spent many a Saturday dragging that canister along my bedroom shag carpet as a kid. There’re a little too expensive for my budget, but they do last long.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

My mom had an Electrolux cannister vacuum for 40 years.

We had my husband's Mother's electrolux given to us when we got married - so it was already old when we got it - anyway fast forward a few years and we visited the Smithsonian and saw that exact same model on display.  I was too young to appreciate it as an example of fine craftsmanship, all I saw was we had a Very Old Vacuum Cleaner and it needed to be replaced.  Major mistake.  We've never had one since that worked as well or that stood the test of time.  One of the many decisions I made that if they ever perfect time travel I will be going back to change!

• Love 6

I made the same mistake when I inherited my stepdad's canister vac after my parents married and I went to college. I thought I needed something new. I'm fairly sure my mother still has the (all metal) Hoover that she had when I was a child, so I bought an upright Hoover, thinking, "if it worked for my mother..." Worst vacuum I ever owned.

• Love 3

Add me to the list who wanted one of them fancy upright things when I moved out.  Later, ooh, bagless.  Then it was, well, I'll spring for a Dyson and that'll be good.

I don't care about the weight, the attachments, the maneuverability, etc. if the damn thing won't suck up the dust.

My friend bought a Dyson when they were fairly new on the market and it was terrific.  But the one my parents bought ten years later was nowhere near is good, and mine from about five years after that isn't even as good as that one.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Add me to the list who wanted one of them fancy upright things when I moved out.  Later, ooh, bagless.  Then it was, well, I'll spring for a Dyson and that'll be good.

I don't care about the weight, the attachments, the maneuverability, etc. if the damn thing won't suck up the dust.

My friend bought a Dyson when they were fairly new on the market and it was terrific.  But the one my parents bought ten years later was nowhere near is good, and mine from about five years after that isn't even as good as that one.

My hairdresser's husband is a cleaning supply connoisseur and she says he swears by Shark.

• Useful 2
Just now, peacheslatour said:

My hairdresser's husband is a cleaning supply connoisseur and she says he swears by Shark.

I like my Shark steam mop (although, same thing there - my mom's older one is clunkier, but cleans better), but I used a friend's Shark vacuum and found it the same as my Dyson - good, but not great.  (Of course, there are so many different models.)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Bastet said:

I like my Shark steam mop (although, same thing there - my mom's older one is clunkier, but cleans better), but I used a friend's Shark vacuum and found it the same as my Dyson - good, but not great.  (Of course, there are so many different models.)

Yes. I read multiple recommendations for Shark "instead of [other brand]" but not mentioning specific model(s) of Shark. 

Oh, I have a Dyson Animal and it is not as great as it should be for the price. And the instructions say to regularly take it apart and clean the filter and insides, which is annoying. For as much as it cost, it should be able to clean itself. It's also heavy, clunky, and doesn't have a retractable cord, which bugs me more than I thought it would. 

• Useful 1

So,my local Covid vaccine/booster site  is in a declining but still-existing mall. They tell us it is in the old Macy’s. That would be helpful if either 1) I knew where the old Macy’s was, or 2) there was still a Macy’s sign on the building. In the absence of that, I’m doing a lot of driving around and parking/walking. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yeah, I'm going to need someone to make this happen.

Sorry I failed you.
Time travel was my goal. I even won the 8th grade science fair in 1966 with a presentation on time travel.
But then I started self-medicating with psychedelics and beer.

I wonder if there are any 1950s Electrolux canister vacuums still being used. 
Maybe they could be reverse engineered. 

My current peeve: 
My 170+ IQ daughter in Chinatown had her studio apartment packed with party goers Christmas Eve, but she has not had the Covid booster because she cannot risk having to take a day off of work right now for side effects.
My hope:
(assuming she will get Omicron)
--that she will have a life-course altering revelation and maybe even save the world
(I just watched the Netflix movie "Don't Look Up").

I just don't get this line of thinking. I am 47 and in terrible shape ("round is a shape"), possibly immune compromised and had next to zero side effects from any of my shots.

I fully realize everyone is different, but risk getting infected with a potentially life-altering virus or feel low the next day after a getting a vaccine? It's a pretty obvious choice to me, but who the fuck am I, I say as I'm home alone on Christmas because of family members who refuse to be vaccinated. I have nothing left for selfish people anymore.

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

I just don't get this line of thinking. I am 47 and in terrible shape ("round is a shape"), possibly immune compromised and had next to zero side effects from any of my shots.

I fully realize everyone is different, but risk getting infected with a potentially life-altering virus or feel low the next day after a getting a vaccine? It's a pretty obvious choice to me, but who the fuck am I, I say as I'm home alone on Christmas because of family members who refuse to be vaccinated. I have nothing left for selfish people anymore.

I have no fucks left to give for people who don't care about their friends and society as a whole.

image.png.60314410e10e241bd3ff6f65a466ce8b.png

• LOL 9
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

My 170+ IQ daughter in Chinatown had her studio apartment packed with party goers Christmas Eve, but she has not had the Covid booster because she cannot risk having to take a day off of work right now for side effects.

I'm sure she's got to know that she'll be off a lot longer should she contract Covid but if she's anything like the people I know with this attitude they've long since made up their mind that they won't be getting Covid because - reasons - so it's never going to be an issue.  

• Love 7

Current peeve is with myself.  I was all the way to my destination this past Friday when I realized that I'd forgotten my watch charger at my house.  No one at my destination had one I could borrow, as no one else has an Apple watch.  Which meant I had to go buy one.  On Christmas Eve.  Unfortunately, the only place where I was that had them in stock was bloody Walmart.  On Christmas Eve.  In a rural area.  On Christmas Eve.  The store was positively packed, and I think I was one of maybe five customers who had masks on.  The store employees had them, but the vast majority of customers did not.  And of course, the electronics department was pretty much as far as possible from the entry door of this giant Walmart.  The only good part was that I was able to make the purchase in the back of the store and I didn't have to wait in the endless queue at the front.

Still, if I hadn't been so stupid, and if I'd remembered my charger, I wouldn't have had to even go out.  To top it off, I realized hours later that I have a Walmart gift card!  I'm a little salty that I forgot about that, too.  

My new charger will live in my car.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Friends who know I don't like FaceTime constantly wanting to FaceTime. lol Love them, but why can't we just chat on the phone?

Seriously. My DIL always wants to do some kind of FaceTime deal. We just use our phones and I put it on speaker. The only problem is, I have to keep telling my DH "They can't see you nodding, dear."

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 12/24/2021 at 6:51 PM, shapeshifter said:

Anyone who wants snow can have mine, but you have to shovel it yourself.
I'm only still living in snow country because 1) my daughter married someone whose large extended family lives here and now they're pregnant, and 2) I think I'm too old to try moving south. 

We moved South, but it was too hot, so moved back up north after 18 months.  I’ll take the seasons any day.  Moved back when the housing market was the highest.  Had to buy a Condo.

• Love 3

I saw on the news today that a lot of patients in the hospitals with covid are insisting on telling doctors what drugs they should be given. They're quite belligerent. Some of their family members threaten medical staff. I no longer recognize this country. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Seriously. My DIL always wants to do some kind of FaceTime deal. We just use our phones and I put it on speaker. The only problem is, I have to keep telling my DH "They can't see you nodding, dear."

The first time I did Face Time and saw myself I got scared.  I thought “ that can’t be me”, but unfortunately, it was.  Never again.  Yikes!  I assumed I still looked 30.  Why do I look better in my mirror?  Is it a magic mirror?

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I have no fucks left to give for people who don't care about their friends and society as a whole.

image.png.60314410e10e241bd3ff6f65a466ce8b.png

That's one of my favourite memes. :) I first saw it four or five years ago.

A friend of mine shared this last week:

Edited by Anela
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Current peeve is with myself.  I was all the way to my destination this past Friday when I realized that I'd forgotten my watch charger at my house.  No one at my destination had one I could borrow, as no one else has an Apple watch.  Which meant I had to go buy one.  On Christmas Eve.  Unfortunately, the only place where I was that had them in stock was bloody Walmart.  On Christmas Eve.  In a rural area.  On Christmas Eve.  The store was positively packed, and I think I was one of maybe five customers who had masks on.  The store employees had them, but the vast majority of customers did not.  And of course, the electronics department was pretty much as far as possible from the entry door of this giant Walmart.  The only good part was that I was able to make the purchase in the back of the store and I didn't have to wait in the endless queue at the front.

Still, if I hadn't been so stupid, and if I'd remembered my charger, I wouldn't have had to even go out.  To top it off, I realized hours later that I have a Walmart gift card!  I'm a little salty that I forgot about that, too.  

My new charger will live in my car.

I feel that so, so hard. Every time I go to CA, I keep forgetting my Sees Candy gift cards in GA. Then I started leaving them in the dresser drawer at my parents house, where I also forgot them. I'm always so annoyed that I forgot to bring them.

But a PSA for anyone who lives in CA (and probably other states), Costco has a fantastic deal on Sees candy gift cards. Just sayin...

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

But a PSA for anyone who lives in CA (and probably other states), Costco has a fantastic deal on Sees candy gift cards. Just sayin...

Damn, we can't go to Costco or anywhere else as we're currently under a pile of snow. I just remembered a peeve from years ago. It had snowed and I was trying to drive to my job, about twenty miles away. I got on a big, long hill and was afraid of getting stuck in the middle of nowhere. I called the office to ask if they could send one of the guys (they all had heavy trucks) to pick me up and the only one who was there told me "oh, no one is coming in today." Really? WTF! Thanks for telling me before I drove fifteen miles in white knuckled terror and now I have to turn around and drive back.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

Every time I go to CA, I keep forgetting my Sees Candy gift cards in GA. Then I started leaving them in the dresser drawer at my parents house, where I also forgot them.

I'd be extra annoyed if I forgot a See's gift card!  That candy is soooooo good!

Today I am peeved that my printer has decided that it does not want to print black.  It will happily print all the other colors, but apparently black is broken.  The people at Best Buy have informed me that it might be sort of fixable, but it's a pain, and probably not worth it.  To be fair, this printer is more than 10 years old, so I'm probably lucky it has lasted this long.  Anyway, I am further peeved that Best Buy doesn't have the printer I want -- the sign on the shelf even said that particular model is not available on line.

To top that off, the camera I bought myself back in August won't play well with my iPad.  When I tried to import photos from the camera to the iPad, the iPad told me that it couldn't import because the camera uses too much power.  No idea what that means, but I decided just to get an SD card reader and transfer from the card instead of the whole camera.  But guess what?  Best Buy doesn't have any of those on the shelves, either.

The silver lining is that if I go through my airline's portal to order these things, I can earn miles in case I ever get to fly again.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Damn, we can't go to Costco or anywhere else as we're currently under a pile of snow. I just remembered a peeve from years ago. It had snowed and I was trying to drive to my job, about twenty miles away. I got on a big, long hill and was afraid of getting stuck in the middle of nowhere. I called the office to ask if they could send one of the guys (they all had heavy trucks) to pick me up and the only one who was there told me "oh, no one is coming in today." Really? WTF! Thanks for telling me before I drove fifteen miles in white knuckled terror and now I have to turn around and drive back.

Oh, that happened to me and several of my coworkers once. Almost 30 inches of snow, and one of the managers didn’t call us. We were furious. We ended up getting an extra vacation day out of it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I can’t believe I did what I did for Christmas years ago.  Three kids and worked part time.  Peeled and deveined shrimp for Christmas Eve in- law company, then a full Turkey meal the next day for my relatives who stood with us for a week.  I must have been bionic or crazy.  Now, I wrap two packages, then take a nap.  I can’t cook for company anymore as it’s too much work.  I just put pea soup together with the leftover ham, and I have to lie down and recharge.  Oh, to be young again.  One daughter got catering and paper plates Christmas Eve.  I used to set the table with China and candles.  I think they have the right idea.  We didn’t go anyway because of Covid.  How long do we all have to stay home?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I'd be extra annoyed if I forgot a See's gift card!  That candy is soooooo good!

It hasn't stopped me from stocking up. The Sees location near my parents house is in the same shopping center as a Costco. I have been known to ask the person ringing up my order to put it on hold so I can run back to Costco to pick up another batch of gift cards (I think it's currently $50 for $38). I usually go pretty early in the AM and the Costco has a decent set-up w/ self-check and you can also purchase them from the kiosk next to the pick-up window.

25 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

How long do we all have to stay home?

If I recall, you are in the states, and don't think any cities or states have any sort of lockdowns, meaning you are free to go about your business while adhering to local mask requirements. If you think you were exposed to COVID, or tested positive, refer to the CDC guidance on how to proceed.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I can’t believe I did what I did for Christmas years ago.  Three kids and worked part time.  Peeled and deveined shrimp for Christmas Eve in- law company, then a full Turkey meal the next day for my relatives who stood with us for a week.  I must have been bionic or crazy.  Now, I wrap two packages, then take a nap.  I can’t cook for company anymore as it’s too much work.  I just put pea soup together with the leftover ham, and I have to lie down and recharge.  Oh, to be young again.  One daughter got catering and paper plates Christmas Eve.  I used to set the table with China and candles.  I think they have the right idea.  We didn’t go anyway because of Covid.  How long do we all have to stay home?

That's amazing. The other day I was having these kind of thoughts as well. I used to get up at the crack of dawn, get my kid up and fed, dressed and ready for daycare. Then I'd drive him to daycare, go to work, work eight hours, pick the kid up at daycare, stop at the store and come home. Then I'd feed the cats, unload the dishwasher and throw a load of laundry into the dryer. And then it was time to make dinner for my son, get him into the tub and then my husband would come home so I was off to fold the laundry. We would play with our son for an hour then put him to bed and then I still had to make dinner for my husband and I. And do it all over again the next day. It makes me tired just thinking about it now.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

That's amazing. The other day I was having these kind of thoughts as well. I used to get up at the crack of dawn, get my kid up and fed, dressed and ready for daycare. Then I'd drive him to daycare, go to work, work eight hours, pick the kid up at daycare, stop at the store and come home. Then I'd feed the cats, unload the dishwasher and throw a load of laundry into the dryer. And then it was time to make dinner for my son, get him into the tub and then my husband would come home so I was off to fold the laundry. We would play with our son for an hour then put him to bed and then I still had to make dinner for my husband and I. And do it all over again the next day. It makes me tired just thinking about it now.

Try n do that now.  We would need oxygen, lol.  Another thing, I never made the husband do anything.  He only took care of the outside.  No laundry, cooking, folding clothes, etc.  Spoiled brat.  Now, he does things.  He does the grocery shopping and asks everyone where things are, and they help him. Lol.  He knows all the sales and prices of things.  Go figure.  They all know him at Shop Rite.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Try n do that now.  We would need oxygen, lol.  Another thing, I never made the husband do anything.  He only took care of the outside.  No laundry, cooking, folding clothes, etc.  Spoiled brat.  Now, he does things.  He does the grocery shopping and asks everyone where things are, and they help him. Lol.  He knows all the sales and prices of things.  Go figure.  They all know him at Shop Rite.

Same with my DH. He calls about ten times while he's at the grocery store even though he's been doing it by himself for about three or four years now. I make a very detailed list but if the store is out of something, he won't make substitutions without running it past me first. It's cute but kind of annoying.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

I feel that so, so hard. Every time I go to CA, I keep forgetting my Sees Candy gift cards in GA.

Can't you just keep it in your wallet? Or is it too big?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, GaT said:

Can't you just keep it in your wallet? Or is it too big?

I was sticking them with my passport when I got home, but I kept forgetting them so I started leaving them at my parents house. But I still forget to put them in my wallet. They'll get used, eventually.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Same with my DH. He calls about ten times while he's at the grocery store even though he's been doing it by himself for about three or four years now. I make a very detailed list but if the store is out of something, he won't make substitutions without running it past me first. It's cute but kind of annoying.

Haha .. well, at least he has a phone.  Mine called me from Shop Rite this morning on their phone at the desk to ask me where the split peas were.  He refuses to get another phone.  I think they are afraid to come home with the wrong thing.  Tomorrow, we go to the two girls houses to exchange gifts in the driveways.  Ridiculous, I know.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

Haha .. well, at least he has a phone.  Mine called me from Shop Rite this morning on their phone at the desk to ask me where the split peas were.  He refuses to get another phone.  I think they are afraid to come home with the wrong thing.  Tomorrow, we go to the two girls houses to exchange gifts in the driveways.  Ridiculous, I know.

Well, I guess we do what we gotta do.

• LOL 1

Sometimes as sad as it seems, being a widow does make life somewhat easier. I do the shopping/laundry/cooking and all the other things,  I cook what I like and feel like eating. My only dietary restrictions are that I am diabetic so I am careful what I eat. Late DH was also diabetic but had no care about what he ate...sad but true for his generation (21 years older than me)...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

Sometimes as sad as it seems, being a widow does make life somewhat easier. I do the shopping/laundry/cooking and all the other things,  I cook what I like and feel like eating. My only dietary restrictions are that I am diabetic so I am careful what I eat. Late DH was also diabetic but had no care about what he ate...sad but true for his generation (21 years older than me)...

Same for me having been divorced for 30+ years with the youngest having gone off to college 14 years ago. 
But the above discussion reminds me of the time when my ex went to the local grocery store with a full-length list that I had re-written in the order the items were arranged in the store from the entrance to the checkout. When he returned, he actually remarked about having noticed how the list items were in order of the store’s layout, and about how easy that made it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I hope everyone who has/had intelligent, egalitarian-minded husbands who turned into bewildered dolts when dispatched to the grocery store is familiar with the late Jeanne Robertson's famous "Don't Send a Man to the Grocery Store" tale of her husband's interpretation of a short, numbered list, but in case not:

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

A pet peeve of mine is I have a hard time finding friends who are similar to me. I'm not the least bit religious, but I am a goody two-shoes. Don't drink, smoke, drug, not into hook-up culture, kind of a conservative person despite the fact I am very liberal in a lot of ways. Me being bad is basically cursing. I love all my friends, but sometimes I feel lame among the ones who are outgoing, date a lot and tell me about their sexcapades. And then I know I disappoint other friends by not going to church and not believing in anything. For years I'd say I was spiritual not religious. I finally became comfortable with agnostic.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Yep. I think women did more years ago.  Took care of the house and worked.  Today, I see the husbands are more hands on with the kids and housework.  They go to school meetings, cook, do laundry, and get involved.  Nice.  They take the pressure off women.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

That sounds like the most sensible thing I've heard in a very long time.

Ya know?  I didn’t even mind not gathering again this year.  I didn’t have to get dressed, and stood in my pajamas all day and watched movies.  And ate all goodies.  Besides I’m not thrilled to drive home in the dark with all the drunks on the road.  So many bad accidents lately.   A few years ago, we were stopped at a red light, and this jerky kid and his girlfriend slammed into us full speed, totaled our beautiful Toyota SUV that I loved, and we both went to hospital in ambulance.  They were freakin high in the daytime and wrecked my car that had a cd/ tape deck in, which I don’t have in my new car. Dammit.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 1