Type keyword(s) to search

Trailers & New Movies: Coming Soon to a Cinema Near You!

• Start Topic

I have mixed feelings on that trailer - the subject matter is quite interesting, however I haven't been a fan of Ron Howard's work for the last few years.

Not sure how I feel about the trailer either, but I will be right there in line for the movie.  I don't have as much of a problem with Ron Howard as you do (I loved Rush, for example), and, as you say, the subject matter is fascinating.  Plus, the cast includes a semi-obscure Scottish actor of whom I'm very fond - the second time Mr. Howard has used him - so I can't resist.

Is Minnie Driver (age 44) supposed to be playing Gugu Mbatha-Raw's (age 31) mother in Beyond the Lights?  And how old is Gugu supposed to be in this movie?

Yes, Rick Kitchen, she is. She was selected after Mbatha-Raw (and Danny Glover) had already been cast. I don't know how old the character is supposed to be.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer

Avengers: Age of Ultron -- kudos for the most excellent use of I've Got No Strings making that insipid song extra creepy (helped along in the creepy category by Spader reciting the lyrics).

Edited by OakGoblinFly
  • Love 1

Seriously, they can keep Thor suited up as far as I'm concerned so long as Cap gets blasted out of his uniform.

With a little scruff please.  Chris Evans is a good looking man - I think he brings it to another level when he's sporting some facial scruff.

• Love 4

In The Heart of The Sea

In that still shot, the combination of cinematography, Helmsworth's flowing locks and the fact that it's a period piece makes it really look like an old Doug McClure flick.

Furious 7 time:

Still curious to see how Paul Walker's death made them have to change the film. Also, I knew Jason Statham was the baddie this time, but I didn't realize Kurt Russell was in this as well.

Awwww....... This one is going to make me sad :-(

I don't even want to watch it, I haven't watched a movie with Paul Walker in it since he died.

• Love 1

Life Partners. Really cute film, premiered at Tribeca this year and was a big audience favorite. Leighton Meester's lesbian character in particular got a lot of good feedback, and Gillian Jacobs is also wonderful. 

I watched it at my city's LGBT film festival and enjoyed it a lot. Cute movie with great performances from both women. Adam Brody is still Seth Cohen, only without all the speed dialogue. 

I have very mixed feelings about this movie; on one hand I adored the play and saw it numerous times so I am excited that it has been made into a film.  On the other hand, I am a wee bit concerned about some of the changes to the film (notably - if articles are to be believed - the sanitizing of some elements).  I'm not thrilled with the casting of Johnny Deep and I am very unsure of Meryl Streep (though she did sound passable in that clip).

I agree, I know nothing about Divergent outside of the general synopsis and even I could tell the scene wasn't "real".  Considering the popularity it seems like a weird way to do a teaser trailer, with a simulation scene.

That looks really good (and I'm not a big Adam Sandler fan).  I was worried for a minute when the had him put on the boyfriend's shoes, but it looks like they didn't go there, so that's good.  I'll be interested to hear the reviews on it.

I'm frustrated because the only three movies that are out that I want to see right now are only playing at the expensive theaters and one of them is only playing at the theater about a half hour from here.  I won't drive there when I've got half a dozen choices much closer to home.  I understand limited releases, but I hate them--it's like they assume that only rich people are good enough for their movies (which I know probably isn't true, but it feels that way).

For once, I'd like to see a Cinderella tale where the father gets his just desserts for leaving his daughter with these wretched people.

It'll be funny to see the Downton Abbey stars switched around. Most importantly, Richard Madden as Prince Charming is dream casting.

• Love 1

I didn't know there was going to be a Pitch Perfect sequel. And I don't get why there's one.

Pitch Perfect made $113 million in global box office; its budget was $17 million. That's a tidy profit for all involved. It did well critically too.

I really liked it so I'm probably going to see the sequel even though I'm not crazy about the premise.

The Cinderella trailer looks good.  I was amazed that HBC is going for the traditional fairy godmother look, I was so sure she was going to goth it up with sunglasses and black lace, but nothing beats a classic.

I'm pretty sure someone has already made a joke about Cinderella leaving Robb Stark at the ball because the orchestra started playing "Rains of Castemere."

• Love 1

Mordecai - I hate Johnny Depp's shitck as much as the next guy, but I saw Guy Burnett in that trailer in a few instances. I loved him on Hollyoaks as Craig Dean, so I may have to watch this. I hope it means good things for him. Plus, Ewan McGregor can make me watch anything once (except Star Wars.)

Edited by Amello

Ewan McGregor and Gwyneth Paltrow have both aged pretty well in 18 years since Jane Austen's Emma.

I liked Pitch Perfect and I'm probably going to check out the sequel. I am amused that it looks like it's essentially similar to The Mighty Ducks 2 where they compete in an international competition and have snobby European rivals.

Edited by VCRTracking

I was wondering about how they were going to do Pitch Perfect 2, because Brittany Snow and Anna Camp's characters are supposed to be seniors which means they couldn't be there for another year of competition, so I guess this takes place during the same school year?

I am a Pitch Perfect fanatic and I was hoping that they wouldn't make a sequel. It will never be as good as the original. I fear that it will be way, way too much Rebel Wilson. She was the weakest part of the movie and I will just bet that she will dominate the sequel.

• Love 1