Type keyword(s) to search

Trailers & New Movies: Coming Soon to a Cinema Near You!

• Start Topic

Fury looks like a Commando comic book put on film. Excellent. And now I think of it, I can't come up with another war movie that really focuses on a tank crew, and what fighting is like for them (Kelly's Heroes doesn't count). It's just a shame about Shia Labeouf, but you can't have everything, can you?

Is it just me, or does Earth to Echo remind anybody else of E.T. every time the trailer comes on?

It does have that phone home feel to it but it looks like it's got some fun special effects the little bugger can do. My kids can't wait to see this. I wonder if that's how I felt about E.T.?

When we went to see How To Train Your Dragon 2, I was horrified by the trailers which came before it. Who in the fuck ordered a sequel to Planes?

All I remember was thanking God that I didn't have any little ones who would pester me to see that shite.

I was horrified by the trailers which came before it. Who in the fuck ordered a sequel to Planes?

Hahaha! When we go to see movies my kids turn to me after each preview and give a thumbs up or thumbs down indicting their interest. It's a silly thing that started as a joke & now we always do it. After the Fire Planes preview, or whatever the stupid movie is called, my kids both said "no" out loud in the theater & my oldest hates talking once the previews have started. I'm with you, I wonder how the movie get approved? Blech.

After the release of the trailer the North Korean Foreign Ministry threatened "merciless counter-measures" and declared that the release of the movie would be an act of war. Seriously.

Talk about not having a sense of humor.  I highly doubt this is going to start World War III, but all they're doing is making people want to see it more.  And like James Franco and Seth Rogen could really assassinate that guy *rolls eyes*

(edited)

They Came Together starring Amy Poehler and Paul Rudd. It opens OnDemand tomorrow.

Cast also includes: Cobie Smulders, Max Greenfield, Christopher Meloni, Ellie Kemper, Ed Helms, Jason Mantzoukas, Michaela Watkins, and Michael Ian Black. 

Edited by BoogieBurns
(edited)

By my count that's all the young Hollywood actresses that've played a lethal badass, right?

Better that than a young girl who spends all her time fretting over her hot high school crush, changes into a bunch of new outfits to a music montage, and "charmingly" trips over her high heels, i.e. everything Amanda Bynes and Hilary Duff made when they were teen ingenues.

Edited by methodwriter85
(edited)

Wow, the second Giver trailer leaves absolutely no doubt they wanted to rip off the Hunger Games:

I am so disappointed. I'll still watch, but this is definitely one of those "in name only" adaptions. There's a lot of stuff I could've been okay with- Jonas being 16, Fiona and Jonas having a romance- but having the Chief Elder do her damndest impersonation of President Snow and having her sic Asher on Jonas is just ridiculous.

I'm taking solace in the fact that the movie appears to be headed towards major flop status. It's almost July, and you're barely seeing any major promotion. No big bookstands at the Barnes and Nobles, either. I feel kind of bad for Brenton Thwaites, though. He'll have plenty of other chances in any event.

I'll give it a chance and try to enjoy it as a movie that happens to share the same title and character names of a book I loved as a 9-year old, but wow. Jeff Bridges could've made this into an Oscar-bait movie, and instead he choose to ride the Hunger Games/Divergent train. Either that, or the promo monkeys are seriously mis-selling this movie.

Edited by methodwriter85

Thanks, AimingforYoko. I'll check those out when I have time. But the movie itself, I'm not so sure.

Part of me wants to see this, part of me doesn't. I call this David Attenborough syndrome where I'm a lot more interested in the world building than the story. As in, I'd prefer DA showing me the culture of the apes without that plot nonsense getting in the way. Avatar falls into this category too.

So there's apes and humans. Some members from both sides want peace. Some want to wipe out the other side. Any attempt at peace breaks down, there's lots of fighting and so on. That's one of the stock plots of Dr Who, and I'm feeling burned out on action right now.

• Love 1

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes engages in some world building. Three shorts showing the decaying state of humanity in the ten years between Rise and Dawn:

I am so geeked for this movie! Only one I've really been looking forward to this summer.

Any thoughts about the preview This Is Where I Leave You?  I didn't like the book that much, but after watching the parts with Tina Fey, I am tempted to see this!

I'll admit, I'm very excited about this one--but I enjoyed the book.

But what I'm tempted to see in spite of not liking the book much is Gone Girl.  The trailer is tempting me to reread the book, which might remind me why I didn't care for it in the first place and thus skip the movie.

• Love 1

The latest trailer for Earth to Echo says something about "your kids will love it."  So they've already conceded that adults are not going to be interested.  It's getting horrible reviews, BTW.

It looks too dumb and babyish even for a kids movie.

It'll be very interesting to see how the film adaptation of Gone Girl will play out - the latter half or so of the book ultimately jumped off the rails into absurdity for me, so it makes me laugh to see the very deep and serious trailers.  I was hoping it would be a kind of black comedy, but I sincerely doubt it with David Fincher at the helm.   

I really liked the book This Is Where I Leave You--so I'm looking forward to the movie version (Tina Fey! Jason Bateman!)

I will go see Gone Girl despite not caring for the book (demented!). I think Ben Affleck is perfectly cast as Nick.

There's going to be a new teaser for Mockingjay out tomorrow. It's being teased as another announcement from President Snow. I can't wait for that. Wishful thinking that it starts out as  a Snow address to Panem, but gets interrupted by the Rebels. I'm hoping for a movie footage trailer at Comic Con.

(edited)

The Maze Runner was an interesting book and the look of the movie is appealing - and it's always nice to see Thomas Brodie-Sangster - I'm just not sure how well the book will translate to the screen and if the movie itself will be enjoyable.

Edited by OakGoblinFly