Type keyword(s) to search

Trailers & New Movies: Coming Soon to a Cinema Near You!

• Start Topic

I'm excited to see Pitch Perfect 2! Pretty cool that Elizabeth Banks directed it too. Admittedly it was a little strange to see Katrina the reporter from Borgen pop up in that trailer even though I knew she was in the movie! Loved that show.

I'm pretty sure someone has already made a joke about Cinderella leaving Robb Stark at the ball because the orchestra started playing "Rains of Castemere."

Ha!  Also, is that Xaro Xhoan Daxos as his adviser/wingman?

The Cinderella trailer looks good.  I was amazed that HBC is going for the traditional fairy godmother look, I was so sure she was going to goth it up with sunglasses and black lace, but nothing beats a classic.

I'm pretty sure someone has already made a joke about Cinderella leaving Robb Stark at the ball because the orchestra started playing "Rains of Castemere."

I saw the trailer for Cinderella when I saw Mockingjay. I was surprised to find myself interested, as I am not a fan of Disney/princesses. But the casting looks good, so I will probably see this.

Trailer for Thomas Vinterberg's Far From The Madding Crowd, starring Carey Mulligan, Matthias Schoenaerts, Tom Sturridge and Michael Sheen: http://www.indiewire.com/article/watch-carey-mulligan-smolders-on-and-off-screen-in-far-from-the-madding-crowd-trailer-20141124

This looks like it could be great. I like the song they used for the trailer and the cinematography is pretty. 

Edited by Oreo2234

I'm disappointed with the CGI. The animatronic dinosaurs from the first movie look a lot better, even 20 years later.

Still... will I be there opening weekend? Of course.

Yeah, it's funny - I've actually thought the dinosaurs have looked worse with each film (the raptors in the third one crack me up), when you'd think it'd be the opposite.

I'll go see it, too, but still, I gotta say... I'm almost getting a SyFy vibe from the trailer. Maybe the dinosaur they've cooked up should turn out to be a Crocosaurus or something.

I loved the original Jurassic Park, but I'm sadly disappointed by the trailer for Jurassic World, which seems more like a paint by numbers SyFy movie. And I'm feeling irate about Bryce Dallas Howard being a "sexy scientist"-- ugh.

Feeling old, but I think I'd prefer to see the older Drs. Grant, Sadler and Malcolm on the island again.

But I'll probably see in the theaters because I'm a sucker like that.

• Love 2

Ugh, that music just makes Strange Magic look really stupid.

And I'm disappointed, when they showed a young Hook as what appears to be a good guy, I was hoping that Pan was going to be a movie version of "Peter and the Starcatcher".

Or The Child Thief - now that would have been a version of Peter Pan I could get behind.

Ugh, that music just makes Strange Magic look really stupid.

And I'm disappointed, when they showed a young Hook as what appears to be a good guy, I was hoping that Pan was going to be a movie version of "Peter and the Starcatcher".

In a lot of the different origin stories, isn't Hook always a good guy before he and Peter become enemies?  I thought the story is that Hook blamed Peter for his hand being cut off and it made him bitter and turn on Peter and take over as leader of the pirates. 

• Love 1

I'll go see it, too, but still, I gotta say... I'm almost getting a SyFy vibe from the trailer. Maybe the dinosaur they've cooked up should turn out to be a Crocosaurus or something.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the trailer, even with the SyFy-ish twist.  Setting up the plot with the park actually being open and working 25 years after the original seems like a clever idea and reasonable way to get humans and dinosaurs into the same setting.  I'll miss the original cast though, maybe we'll get cameo's from Malcolm, Grant, etc.?

Byung-hun Lee is a perfect choice for an evil Terminator.  This movie sure hits all of the quotes, doesn't it?  And Emilia Clarke's American accent sounds good, what I heard.

I got just the opposite feeling form the trailer - there's nothing about it that is appealing to me.  I will reserve judgement until the movie actually comes out.

Just saw an Into the Woods commercial on TV. Why are they only showing the characters speaking? Are they trying to fool the people who never heard of the musical into going?

I saw two commercials this weekend that featured singing one with the snippets of the prologue and one with Stay With Me (and I must admit, Meryl Streep sounded surprisingly good on that song).

I saw a trailer for Mortdecai the other day and at first thought that it looked like an oddly undignified role for Michael Fassbender to take on. Then he turned around, I realized it was Johnny Depp, and yelled "Oh HELL no!"

• Love 4

My family's reaction to ads for Taken 3: "Why do these people keep taking stuff from him??"

Lol, at least they kept the "same" bad guy or at least the same through line so it's not random bad guys trying to kidnap his daughters.

I always thought they should have jumped ahead and made Kim 30 (like her actress is), and a mother of some small kids who get kidnapped on a school trip. That would've made the most sense to me.

Lol, I assumed with Taken 3 Kim would be closer to Maggie's age.  Your plot sounds more interesting.

I saw a trailer for Mortdecai the other day and at first thought that it looked like an oddly undignified role for Michael Fassbender to take on. Then he turned around, I realized it was Johnny Depp, and yelled "Oh HELL no!"

It's about a gay guy who is so repulsed by women that kissing them makes him vomit, right?

For once, I'd like to see a Cinderella tale where the father gets his just desserts for leaving his daughter with these wretched people.

Well, the father is murdered by the step-mother (if that's not outright said, in every adaptation I've seen, it's usually implied), so I think he's suffered enough.