Type keyword(s) to search

Trailers & New Movies: Coming Soon to a Cinema Near You!

• Start Topic

That made me laugh & laugh. Probably not the reaction they were hoping for. The music added an extra special touch. It looks like a bad made for tv melodrama. It'll probably make bazillions & be called the most romantical movie evah!

• Love 1

A co-worker raved about the 50 Shades books to me and I opened her copy of the first one to a random spot, read a couple pages, and politely declined her offer to loan them to me.

That was super boring. Well, until the Crazy In Love cover started.......then, I got a case of the giggles. I hope Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson will come out relatively unscathed from that shitfest. Dornan was so great and creepy as fuck in The Fall and Johnson was amazing in Ben and Kate (I'm still furious that got cancelled), so I hope they get the good old "Well, they did the best with what they had" reviews and quickly scurry off to better things.

• Love 1

A co-worker raved about the 50 Shades books to me and I opened her copy of the first one to a random spot, read a couple pages, and politely declined her offer to loan them to me.

That was super boring. Well, until the Crazy In Love cover started.......then, I got a case of the giggles. I hope Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson will come out relatively unscathed from that shitfest. Dornan was so great and creepy as fuck in The Fall and Johnson was amazing in Ben and Kate (I'm still furious that got cancelled), so I hope they get the good old "Well, they did the best with what they had" reviews and quickly scurry off to better things.

FYI. FSOG was originally a Edward/Bella fan fiction on the internet.I haven't read it yet but it sounds and looks boring; all that S&M stuff has been done before.

I did the same thing.  Not only boring, but poorly written, imo. 

I haven't read it yet but it sounds and looks boring; all that S&M stuff has been done before.

And apparently that stuff wasn't done well.  I read an article about how people who are deeply into S&M who weren't happy with the book because they were afraid that someone was going to take ideas from it and get hurt. 

Mad Max: Fury Road. As a fan of the original, I wasn't too enthused about a reboot. And the thing was in development hell so long I didn't think it would ever happen. But now that I have seen the trailer, I'm on board. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Mad Max: Fury Road. As a fan of the original, I wasn't too enthused about a reboot. And the thing was in development hell so long I didn't think it would ever happen. But now that I have seen the trailer, I'm on board. 

Yep, that's pretty cool. Pity it was shot in Africa instead of Australia.

Edited by Joe

Mockingjay looks good.

I'll see the last Hobbit film but this trailer does nothing for me.  Peter Jackson adapted The Hobbit, bloated the story straight to hell, and made three forgettable films out of it.  After watching the first two films (I kinda liked the second one), it just wasn't worth returning to Middle Earth for.

• Love 2

I'll see the last Hobbit film but this trailer does nothing for me.  Peter Jackson adapted The Hobbit, bloated the story straight to hell, and made three forgettable films out of it.  After watching the first two films (I kinda liked the second one), it just wasn't worth returning to Middle Earth for.

Honestly, I was just reveled that, at Comic-Con, the studio and Peter Jackson didn't reveal at the last minute, that they decided to split the final film.  I was really at the point where I wouldn't put it past them to be all "Fuck it!  Lets make it four films!  Milk this cow for all it's worth!"

But, yeah, I will see this film to finish it out and there are stuff I do love about it (mainly, Martin Freeman), but this franchise already lost it's charm for me.  It was like Jackson didn't realize what was great (IMO) about the original trilogy, and decided to direct it more like George Lucas would.

I like the fact that the song is the same one from The Two Towers .....

Mockingjay looks good.

And for me the Mockingjay trailer leaves me cold - not at all excited to see the film; then again that could be my dislike for the book coming through.

I'm underwhelmed by the trailer they FINALLY put out. I'm still counting down the days until the movie comes out--but I just didn't think this trailer made the movie seem all that interesting. I thought the Snow teasers were more intriguing.

• Love 2

My first thought after watching the Into the Woods trailer was that there was a time I would have loved the idea of Meryl Streep and Johnny Depp being in a movie together.

But, that was a long time ago.

Birdman, on the other hand, looks like it could be great and Michael Keaton could be in line for some awards recognition. That would make me very happy. 

Edited by Slade347
  • Love 2

Ok, I sort of just scrolled past the Birdman trailer yesterday because, well, really, I didn't recognize the face.  Then I see it stars Michael Keaton, whom I like a lot.  Watched the trailer.

MK does intense very well.  Wow is all I can say.

The Into the Woods trailer doesn't let those who don't know the piece know that it's a musical.  That bothers me.

I also noticed that the Into the Woods trailer seems to be hiding that it's a musical.  I found it really odd.

Other musicals have done that in recent years, at least at first  (Sweeney Todd and Frozen are two examples). The studio wants to make the movie seem appealing to those ambivalent about the genre. Then, by the time the later ads/trailers reveal the truth, the hope is that the hype has sufficiently won people over to the point where they'd be willing to sit through a musical after all.

That concept seems so dated now.

Marv's back though, he was my favorite.

Yeah, I liked Marv's story best in the first film. Not sure how I feel about Josh Brolin taking over as Dwight.

Edited by Gillian Rosh

Yeah, I liked Marv's story best in the first film. Not sure how I feel about Josh Brolin taking over as Dwight.

Uh, I don't ether.

I didn't know they were remaking The Road Warrior, damn, looks pretty freaking amazing, though.

. I heard there's  a  new Kong coming out in 16 too; Skull Island.

Edited by xls

I loved, loved, loved the November Man books by Bill Granger. I consider Devereaux America's answer to George Smiley. I just wish this had been made into a movie 25 years ago when a franchise was still possible. I'll definitely be seeing this, though.

Here's another October release:  St. Vincent, starring Bill Murray and Melissa McCarthy (playing a normal person and not her usual crude, comedic role!)

For me, October is looking like a great movie month! 

• Love 4