Type keyword(s) to search

Trailers & New Movies: Coming Soon to a Cinema Near You!

• Start Topic

It's interesting that the Beastie Boys allow their music to be used in trailers. When Adam Yauch died, he put in his will that their music couldn't be used for advertising and, for the most part, the surviving members have worked to fulfill his wish.

Nothing I like better than a quiet character study.

lol

But seriously, this looks batshit insane in the best possible way (even if I did slightly prefer the last trailer).

It's interesting that the Beastie Boys allow their music to be used in trailers. When Adam Yauch died, he put in his will that their music couldn't be used for advertising and, for the most part, the surviving members have worked to fulfill his wish.

I thought of that too.  My reasoning is that film (and film soundtracks) are another outlet of artistic expression rather than just trying to sell something.

Okay, the word is that the next Star Wars trailer will air with the Avengers. As much as I like both series, it seems like too obvious a fit. Both companies are owned by Disney, both are exciting larger than life universes, and so on. It feels like I'm going to have a nice steak, Avengers, but first I have to have a shot of chocolate sauce, Star Wars. Nice, but I'd prefer them seperate rather than together. Does that make sense to anyone else?

I think it was a big mistake to bring back Arnie. (Although I admit the movie might not have been greenlit without him.) The mythology of the series is so convoluted they really should have done an actual reboot, and not a continuation.

I've already decided that Fury Road will be the movie getting my post apocalyptic entertainment dollar this summer.

• Love 4

I'm in for Jurassic Park.  The kids want to see it and if the story turns out to be stupid, well, 2 hours of Chris Pratt may be enough for me.  Last year, we paid money to see Godzilla and when we were walking out, my friend said "That was the popcorniest of all the popcorn movies I've ever seen".  This year, that may be Jurassic Park.  Or Ant Man, which I'm leaning towards seeing, but I haven't quite decided yet (because as much as I love Paul Rudd, I'm not sure it'll be enough.  I'll wait to read more about it. Maybe we'll even get another trailer).

• Love 1

Did I see Adam Scott in there or am I hallucinating?

ETA: Nope, definitely saw him.  And Cumberbatch is playing Depp's brother!!

EATA: I wonder how long it will take for the spellcheck dictionary to be updated with "Cumberbatch".  It recognizes Schwarzenegger.

Edited by dusang

I was surprised by him there. It's stuff like this that can suddenly remind you what a great actor can do, and how sad it is that he's spent most of the last decade being so lazy when he's capable of a lot more.

• Love 5

Mad Max: Fury Road full trailer:

Nothing I like better than a quiet character study.

I love the use of practical effects in this movie. You can tell that people were actually hanging off cars and that they blew shit up.

It's so much more viscerally exciting than watching CGI X battle CGI Y.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 1

As I was not one of the group who forked out $187.7 mil to see The Avengers, I am curious, with all the recent trailers (Star Wars, Mad Max, Jurassic, ... anything listed on this page) which ones you saw in theater with the movie this weekend?  For a bit, I "held out" on watching the Star Wars piece cause I wanted to see it on a big movie screen. But then I succumbed. Is it playing with The Avengers?

The Star Wars trailer was not playing at the theater I saw Age of Ultron in.

However, the theater did show a trailer for a horror movie which had the guy in the row in front of me covering his little kids' eyes.

However, the theater did show a trailer for a horror movie which had the guy in the row in front of me covering his little kids' eyes.

I didn't like that at all. My son cowered in his seat.

long sequence of Tomorrow Land.

They almost showed the whole movie.

That is literally the best acting Andie MacDowell has ever done. Although, if you can't gasp in delight at Alcide hitting on you.... Well, you're not a straight woman.

That is literally the best acting Andie MacDowell has ever done. Although, if you can't gasp in delight at Alcide hitting on you.... Well, you're not a straight woman.

I'm a straight woman, but Joe Mangiello does absolutely nothing for me.  Actually none of the men featured in this film do anything for me.  (Apparently I was into Dad Bods before that was a thing.)  Different strokes, man, different strokes.

• Love 1

Wasn't that interested in the new Vacation, but the trailer has won me over.  Good God does Hemsworth look amazing.  He isn't as built as Thor of course but I find him more attractive at this size.  Elsa is one lucky woman.

http://entertainthis.usatoday.com/2015/05/07/vacation-red-band-trailer-chris-hemsworth-ed-helms-christina-applegate/

Ha! Christina Applegate's facial expressions in the Hemsworth scenes are everything. I still have no interest in the film (never saw the original anyway), but Hemsworth's body is ridiculous.  Special shout-out to the lower body - I appreciate a man with substantial thighs and calves.  Never understood the "built upper body with twigs for legs" concept.   

• Love 3

Ha! Christina Applegate's facial expressions in the Hemsworth scenes are everything. I still have no interest in the film (never saw the original anyway), but Hemsworth's body is ridiculous.  Special shout-out to the lower body - I appreciate a man with substantial thighs and calves.  Never understood the "built upper body with twigs for legs" concept.   

Amen.  You need a man who won't buckle under the pressure, lol. 

• Love 2