Type keyword(s) to search

Trailers & New Movies: Coming Soon to a Cinema Near You!

• Start Topic

As a guy who loved Adventureland, I'm really excited about seeing Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart back together. It looks good.

It was such a shame that Adventureland got marketed like it was the next Superbad. I love that movie so much. Anyway, bring on American Ultra because it looks like a blast. I noticed the guy who wrote Chronicle wrote the script, so points for that as well.

Suffragette, starring Carey Mulligan, Meryl Streep, Helena Bonham Carter, Brendan Gleeson, Ben Whishaw and Anne-Marie Duff. Comes out at prime Oscar time!

Looks good.  I'm more intrigued than I was from the first teaser trailer.

(edited)

Definitely in for Suffragette though I am preemptively annoyed that Meryl Streep will get nominated for what is probably a glorified cameo. Yes, I know that is stupid. Anyway, I'm delighted at seeing Anne-Marie Duff (so great all the damn time) and Helena Bonham Carter doing non-Burton stuff.

Random question.......does Carey Mulligan do theater in between film gigs? I saw Far From the Madding Crowd a couple weeks ago and realized I hadn't seen her in any movies of the last few years aside from Llewyn Davis.

ETA: I just remembered she was in The Great Gatsby, which I had blocked out and will now try to block out again.

Edited by hardy har
(edited)

Kristen Stewart playing a stoner? That's BRILLIANT!

Ha! I made a bad deal with my kid for the first week of summer break & watched all 5 Twilight movies 5 nights in a row. I don't know if I can watch anything with KStew in it for a long, long time. I declared myself Team Anyone But Bella. Ugh.

As for the trailer itself I ended up feeling old. I get tired of the word fuck being used incessantly. I understand its rated R & that it is allowed, but after awhile it feels like lazy writing.

Edited by ramble

Definitely in for Suffragette though I am preemptively annoyed that Meryl Streep will get nominated for what is probably a glorified cameo. Yes, I know that is stupid. Anyway, I'm delighted at seeing Anne-Marie Duff (so great all the damn time) and Helena Bonham Carter doing non-Burton stuff.

Random question.......does Carey Mulligan do theater in between film gigs? I saw Far From the Madding Crowd a couple weeks ago and realized I hadn't seen her in any movies of the last few years aside from Llewyn Davis.

ETA: I just remembered she was in The Great Gatsby, which I had blocked out and will now try to block out again.

Carey is currently starring in Skylight on Broadway opposite Bill Nighy, after a run in London. She is nominated for leading actress at the Tony Awards which are on Sunday.

Ha! I made a bad deal with my kid for the first week of summer break & watched all 5 Twilight movies 5 nights in a row. I don't know if I can watch anything with KStew in it for a long, long time. I declared myself Team Anyone But Bella. Ugh.

That's parental abuse right there!  Alert the authorities!

I'm not sure I love my daughter that much (although she would rather be flayed alive than watch Twilight).  I might be subject to a Reese Witherspoon or Kristen Bell movie marathon (which isn't the worst of things), but more likely it would be a reviewing of Harry Potter or LoTR series.

(edited)

I wish they'd dump Cruise from the MI franchise and make Jeremy Renner the lead.  But then, I'd rather see more of him in the Bourne movies.

I don't think I can see Macbeth.  Two hours of whispers.  Just, no.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 1

That's parental abuse right there! Alert the authorities!

I'm not sure I love my daughter that much (although she would rather be flayed alive than watch Twilight).

Hee! Fortunately my daughter wanted to watch it to see what all the fuss was about & then she enjoyed making fun of them with me. We've decided that Christmas time, with its abundance of sparkling glitter, is the perfect vampire camouflage time of year.

As for trailers, I don't know if I could watch 99 Houses. I have a good friend going through foreclosure due to a spouse's terminal illness. I think I might get a little sobby at the theater.

(edited)

Wow, The Martian does look really good.  I like that they sort of took the super-melodrama of recent space movies and massively undercut it with humour ("I am going to have to science the shit out of this"  HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!)

Edited by dusang
(edited)

New trailer for The Peanuts Movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El7chqzwKlo

Who would have thought The Who and Charlie Brown would come together so well?  I am SO HAPPY they seem to be staying true to the original spirit of Peanuts, I was really worried they would screw it up.  Of course they still could, but it looks good for now.

Pleasantly surprised to see Snoopy supporting Charlie Brown.  And of course him dancing to the mambo music made me laugh.

Edited by Spartan Girl
(edited)

I went to the movies this week and saw a trailer for Fantastic Four. It features an aerial shot of Manhattan looking south from Central Park north.

There was also a trailer for Selfless. It features an aerial shot of Manhattan looking south from Central Park north.

And a trailer for Southpaw. . . It features an aerial shot of Manhattan looking south from Central Park north.

Edited by xaxat

Eh, Spandau Ballet did it better. (Kidding, kidding!)

Here's a remake of an Argentinian film that won the 2010 Oscar for Best Foreign Language film. The trailer looks good and this could be Julia Roberts best performance.

• Love 2