Type keyword(s) to search

Trailers & New Movies: Coming Soon to a Cinema Near You!

• Start Topic

I saw the poster for Project Almanac and saw the previews on tv but even though time travel is one of my favorite scifi genres, I'm 50 years old and I'm not paying to see a movie starring a bunch of twenty somethings.

I saw the poster for Project Almanac and saw the previews on tv but even though time travel is one of my favorite scifi genres, I'm 50 years old and I'm not paying to see a movie starring a bunch of twenty somethings.

I love sci-fi and am always game for a good time travel movie. But I'm not sure if this movie is going to be good or stupid. The previews looked interesting but who knows. I'm okay with the age of the cast but that's probably because I'm in my twenties.  I'm probably going to wait until reviews are out before deciding on seeing it.

Edited by blueray

Unflattering reviews I've read and the knowledge that this project is done by Michael Bay and a bunch of people who only have one of the Paranormal Activity found footage messes to their name will keep me from paying good money to see it.

I hope Ginuwine and/or Timbaland enjoys their uptick in royalties. I enjoyed the first one, but I never hoped for a sequel.  The characters just weren't that interesting when they weren't performing.  Nevertheless, I shall be in attendance!

Edited by ribboninthesky1

I really hadn't been following any news about the sequel, but I'm surprised most of the previous cast are back.

Well they got rid of the troublemaker, Alex, and Matthew McConauhey couldn't do it because of scheduling.  Everyone else besides Cody Horn, the female lead is back.

The sequel is supposed to be more fun and lighter than the original which I think was a good way to go.  The first one was good but yeah unless a change in tone there was no need for a sequel.  Getting excited about this more and more.

Edited by JBC344

Magic Mike XXL teaser trailer

I never saw the first installment, but I think I must. Have mercy.

Does Channing Tatum do his own dancing, or this a "Flashdance" scenario (not the back flips, but the turns and the hip gyrations)? If he does d o his own dancing, I never knew he had it in him.

Well they got rid of the troublemaker, Alex, and Matthew McConauhey couldn't do it because of scheduling.  Everyone else besides Cody Horn, the female lead is back.

The sequel is supposed to be more fun and lighter than the original which I think was a good way to go.  The first one was good but yeah unless a change in tone there was no need for a sequel.  Getting excited about this more and more.

And for that, we can be thankful. 

• Love 1

I never saw the first installment, but I think I must. Have mercy.

Does Channing Tatum do his own dancing, or this a "Flashdance" scenario (not the back flips, but the turns and the hip gyrations)? If he does d o his own dancing, I never knew he had it in him.

Yes, he does his own dancing.  Which is good because, delectable as his co-stars are, not a one has a lick of rhythm.  It was hilarious in the first movie.  Wait, maybe Adam Rodriguez had some.  But Joe Manganiello? Matt Bomer? No sir.  And especially not Kevin Nash.   

It's probably a good thing that Soderbergh isn't attached to the sequel.  I like him well enough, but I think he tried too hard to make the movie profound.  And no doubt there is a compelling story behind male revue, but the first film was not it.

• Love 2

That actually looks decent. And it looks like they're having parallels, but it's not the same exactly story just updated to the 21st century, like changing the name to Madison. (Because really, when is the last time you saw a little girl running around with the name Carol?) This might actually be good.

That actually looks decent. And it looks like they're having parallels, but it's not the same exactly story just updated to the 21st century, like changing the name to Madison. (Because really, when is the last time you saw a little girl running around with the name Carol?) This might actually be good.

Especially Carol Ann, :)   Trailer looks really good.  So we now have "Tangena" played by a man.

I also like the change that they were new to the neighborhood, instead of their daughter being born in the house, and that it's a suburb that is inferred to have fallen on hard times, as opposed to the perfect gleaming California early 80's suburbia of the original.

• Love 1

Everyone else besides Cody Horn, the female lead is back.

That right there is a very good sign, regardless of what other changes they've made. Tatum had better romantic chemistry with Danny McBride in This Is the End than with Cody Horn.

And especially not Kevin Nash.   

Am I the only one who thought "Poor Kevin Nash!" upon seeing the teaser?

• Love 1

I just hope Kevin has really rehearsed the routines this time, that or they at least will cut around the man. 

It was generally stated that Kevin Nash being terrible was part of his character -- he was too old and injured to actually do it (I'm pretty sure he's wearing a knee brace in his dancing scenes) and it was to reflect that he was really washed up but didn't have any thing to fall back on or move on to.

I'm pretty excited for this film.  And those guys look like they've put in the hours at the gym, we might as well appreciate.

Edited by dusang

And for that, we can be thankful. 

When I saw the film on DVD, I thought, "Wow, the people who said that Cody Horn was like a Poor Man's Kristen Stewart weren't kidding, were they?" She made KStew look well-spoken and graceful.

Edited by methodwriter85

Yeah I didn't think Cody was great in the movie just serviceable but I didn't like the "ugly shaming" she received as criticism.  I find Channing to be very attractive but I didn't think they were so mismatched in the looks department.  I think their issue had more to do with chemistry than Cody's looks.

If she could release the perma-scowl her face is locked into she'd be pretty. Still an utter waste of celluloid as an actress, but not physically unattractive. Still, Mike leaving the stripping business behind at the end of the first movie was a godsend in that it made it necessary for the follow-up to be a prequel if they actually wanted stripping to be a feature, thus cutting loose the dead weight.

It actually isn't a prequel anymore.  I think that was the initial idea before they sat down to write the second one.  This one is about the strippers doing a "last run" before they all go their separate ways and recruiting Mike to headline again.

I'm conflicted about Woman in Gold. I knew nothing about the movie when I saw the trailer in theaters, and was ready to give it a hard pass because of Ryan Reynolds. But then, out of nowhere - Tatiana Maslany! But is my love for Tatiana enough to outweigh my distaste for Ryan? I'm not sure.

I think the movie's received pretty bad reviews anyway, but that's never stopped me before lol. I suffered through the CW's Star-Crossed purely because I liked Malese Jow. 

Aloha Trailer, Cameron Crowe's latest starring Bradley Cooper, Rachel McAdams, Emma Stone, Bill Murray, Alec Baldwin and John Krasinski. 

I'm conflicted about Woman in Gold. I knew nothing about the movie when I saw the trailer in theaters, and was ready to give it a hard pass because of Ryan Reynolds. But then, out of nowhere - Tatiana Maslany! But is my love for Tatiana enough to outweigh my distaste for Ryan? I'm not sure.

I think the movie's received pretty bad reviews anyway, but that's never stopped me before lol. I suffered through the CW's Star-Crossed purely because I liked Malese Jow. 

Early reviews for Woman in Gold out of Berlin are pretty harsh, particularly on Reynolds. Maybe we can just make a compilation of Tatiana's scenes and just watch that? 

Hm, so it appears to be similar to Ever After.

Ever After is my favorite Cinderella adaption it's my favorite because of the fact that no magic was really needed in the movie.

The Disney kid in me will love this new Cinderella adaption but I do appreciate what Ever After did.

Kind of amusing that the American is played by the British (he's British, right?) Henry Cavill, while the Soviet is played by Armie Hammer, an American.  I know it's based of that show from the 70s, but it does have the "Guy Ritchie" feel to it.

Only heard of this for the first when I saw American Sniper, Tuesday.  It could be utter crap, but it has me at Liam Neeson vs. Ed Harris.  I could watch those two have a snarling gruff-off for an entire movie.

Aloha Trailer

Calling it: Bradly Cooper will spend the majority of the film trying to rekindle the flame with Rachel McAdams, but, in the end, he'll realize that Emma Stone is his true love.  Also, I almost forgot that Cooper and McAdams were in Wedding Crashers together.  Interesting to see where their careers went after that, especially compared to the actual stars of that film.

Edited by thuganomics85

I mean, they pretty much spelled it out in the trailer that Bradley's supposed to accept that he's over Rachel McAdams in order to fall in love with Emma Stone.

I really hope Armie can finally be in a hit movie where he's one of the top-billed.

Edited by methodwriter85

I'm not familiar with the original Man from UNCLE, but this looks really fun. Is the original as fun as this seems?

I can't see any embedded videos here, but yes, the original was fun. David McCallum was *hot* back in the day - the actor they got to play a young version of him in a recent NCIS episode didn't even come close.