Type keyword(s) to search

@Midnight - General Discussion

Skyfall
  • Start Topic

I have to say, Chris D'Elia was actually bearable last night.  Astounding!  Of course, being around Ron Funches (farewell, Bunches of Funches! Sob!) could make anyone better.

It is sad that Bunches of Funches Week is over -- enjoyed every episode, especially Ron in his fuzzy jammies on Monday night.

I have to say, Chris D'Elia was actually bearable last night.  Astounding!  Of course, being around Ron Funches (farewell, Bunches of Funches! Sob!) could make anyone better.

He was.  I think it was because everyone there was so ready and willing to laugh and seemed to get a kick out of each other and each other's comedy.   It's a professional quirk that comedians sometimes find it hard to laugh at other comedians (due to familiarity or over-analysis) so I get that it's not always going to happen but I find the panels more enjoyable when it does.

I hate that he didn't win every single day of Bunches O Funches week. I aint saying I wanna make babies with Ron Funches but great googledy moogledy do I wanna have a sleepover with fuzzy pj's and sneaking around and just hugs and giggles. Hell I'd make babies. 

• Love 1

Krumholz's delivery of all of his jokes cracked me all the way up. I usually assume that the non-comedian panelists have jokes written for them, so I was doubly impressed by DK last night. So good.

I was recently reading user reviews of a movie I watched and was surprised to see so many people mention the offensive, coarse language because frankly, a boatload of "fucks" hadn't even registered with me. I'm not prim or squeamish by any stretch, is what I'm saying.

BUT.

Has this show gotten super filthy lately? I didn't need to see Chris miming sucking his own pizza dick tonight.

Funny how there can be such differing opinions, as indicated by the quotes below. I was torn between whether she was being enthusiastic or is starved for attention.  Between her and the high-pitched Braunholer (sp?), the dogs in the neighbourhood were all turning their heads this way and that!

Well yeah, but I did enjoy the female comic's enthusiastic participation.

She made my ears bleed.

I did like Tom Lenk.  He was fun.

• Love 1

Funny how there can be such differing opinions, as indicated by the quotes below. I was torn between whether she was being enthusiastic or is starved for attention.  Between her and the high-pitched Braunholer (sp?), the dogs in the neighbourhood were all turning their heads this way and that!

Kurt Braunohler is very much a hit and miss comedian. He can be funny at times, but when he misses, he misses totally.

• Love 1

YOU GUYS!!!!! I'm just now watching the last 2 shows and Oh My Ethan Embry! I'm pretty sure his performance in Dutch (pre-Embry) caused my puberty. And now he's on Walking Dead and it films in Atlanta and I'm in Atlanta, so he can totes have my babies now! Obviously he was "Wednesday Funny," but omg.

I have nowhere else to fangirl. The Boyfriend "does not want to hear it."

• Love 2

PFT's suit was unusually subdued. I hope no one died.

I was not prepared for such restraint.  I admit, I was kind of disappointed.

It was offset by my total distraction caused by Hardwick's tie and the odd way the arms on his suit kept bunching up.

>;(   What is the deal with my dvr? Do they rejigger how the show is listed  because I have the damn thing set to record and it misses an entire week of shows. I have to keep resetting new season passes. 

I had the same thing happen with my TiVo right after @M moved back to midnight. Luckily I noticed it right away (when I was checking which shows would be recording during the upcoming week) so was able to reset it. If it happens again, if your DVR has that functionality, you can always set a manual recording (probably 12-12:35 would be best, since @M usually starts a couple minutes after "11:59 and 59 seconds").

Very excited that Steve Agee will be on tonight; he's one of my favorite panelists.

Comedy Central is the worst to DVR. They either start early so the beginning is cut off or several minutes late so the end is cut off. I've set a manual record to begin at 10:59 and end at 1:00, just in case.They also do something funky that makes the DVR think that every daytime repeat on Monday is a new episode. But only Mondays. 

Yeah I used to get that with the Daily show and had a manual record set. Grrrr >:(  If I had missed a Funches there would be hell to pay! I found that I have 3 different settings for recording @midnight and nary a one picked it up. and I usually just watch on weekends. Not because I can't stay up that late, I totally can, I'm like an adult and everything. But like cuz I'm too busy.  Shut up mom, you go to your room!

I also love Steve Agee

• Love 2

My DVR stopped recording at the start of the new season because they changed the name to @midnight with Chris Hardwick. It's been okay since I reset the season pass. I should probably just do a manual recording and live with the repeats.

Mine also keeps recording multiple showings of TDS.

Agee did make me laugh, for the first and probably only time (not one of my faves), with the "D-I-L-D-O! What does ti spell?" "I don't know. I go to college in Texas."

Edited by ABay

If they're going to try out theme weeks, like Bunches of Funches, they could try one where no one can use 2 girls one cup and variations, shocker and variations, or any variation on genitalia. 

• Love 1

I appreciated Hardwick telling the panel they could give answers that didn't revolve around fuckability. Like some others here, I am normally not averse to crude or sexual humor, but this show is getting boring due to being stuck in that mode to the point of repetitiveness.

• Love 4