Type keyword(s) to search

@Midnight - General Discussion

Skyfall
  • Start Topic

I didn't like FTW tonight anyway, which seemed weak.

I agree. I didn't think the Live Challenge answers were very good either. Overall, this was kind of a week episode, but I guess they can't all be great.

Andy Richter was hilarious! I hope he becomes a regular (Conan's in repeats this week, so I guess that's why he had some spare time).

All in all, I thought Tuesday's show was miles better than Monday's. I laughed throughout.

• Love 2

I believe Chris said it cost $200 to make a "batch" of smoothies, not a single smoothie. (I had read the article about it yesterday, so I was listening to see if he'd make the mistake of calling it a $200 smoothie.)

I think it's based on how many smoothies you can make with the one jar of "moon dust" plus the other ingredients not how much made at one time. That said I guarantee you that at least Chris and Kulap have both spent $10 for a smoothie or a juice.

• Love 1

I got curious about what could possibly be in a $200 smoothie, so I looked it up. Apparently the $200 figure is an exaggeration, and it actually costs $10.52.

http://news.yahoo.com/gwyneth-paltrows-200-smoothie-recipe-sends-internet-tizzy-142351085.html

I get why people think it costs more than $10.52.  You would have to purchase a jar of her powder to put in the smoothie. If you can't buy a jar that less than $17.00 dollars then the actual price of the smoothie should include having to buy the entire jar to make at home since they probably won't sell you the teaspoon of the stuff that cost $4.50 for a teaspoon. 

Edited by Temperance

Just saw the recent episode with Jenna Elfman.

So the Scientologist is being given a pass? I mean she's STILL one, despite everything.

Maybe they got to her by making the episode painfully unfunny? One of the few times I've turned off an episode halfway through and never finished it.

Just saw the recent episode with Jenna Elfman.

So the Scientologist is being given a pass? I mean she's STILL one, despite everything.

Since she's now part of the Nerdist Network, I suspect Scientology jokes are now off-limits, and especially when she's on the program. I agree, it was a horrible episode.

Last night's was pretty good, though Dave Hill annoys me. Aimee's six second song was great.

Jenna Elfman's sole remaining appeal is that she admittedly looks really good for her age. I'd have trouble telling something she shot now from in her heyday, unless they did a closeup.

Then again, she was equally unfunny back then. I think the only thing I somehow (mysteriously to me) ever enjoyed her in was the cut short too soon Growing Up Fisher, which was a really sweet, funny show, and for some reason her antics worked in it.

I do realize her weirdo husband is the one who got her into Alien-tech, but she's totally been a vocal Sci-head, not one of those "did you know they were?" ones.

Jenna Elfman's sole remaining appeal is that she admittedly looks really good for her age. I'd have trouble telling something she shot now from in her heyday, unless they did a closeup.

She's amazingly well preserved.  I spent the entire show pondering if there was surgery involved.  I've never found her funny nor interesting in the least, but the ep was not memorable.

I enjoyed the hell out of Monday night's show with Aimee Mann, Dave Hill and Jonathon Coultran (something like that).  I always think Dave Hill should be British so am constantly surprised that there is no accent.

She's amazingly well preserved.  I spent the entire show pondering if there was surgery involved.  I've never found her funny nor interesting in the least, but the ep was not memorable.

Hmm, perhaps there is something to this Co$ thing after all...

It was weird seeing Jonathan Coulton when I've only ever heard him on Ask Me Another. Not at all what I expected. I didn't know he writes and performs funny songs outside of that show. 

oh lawd.

the 3-22 show was one of bad ones....and kinda awkward.

love lesbians and think most are funny, but these women were not.  chris trying hard to make the show funny by over laughing.  and the other woman being so awkwardly quiet, perhaps trying to differentiate herself as not a lesbian, lol.

The debate between fake Trump and fake Bernie was pretty funny.

The only real weak spot was the Live Challenge -- even if Bernie did do an attack ad on himself.

Turns out that fake Trump (Tony Atamanuik) and fake Bernie (James Adomian) are taking this show on the road and to other cable channels -- trumpvsbernie.com

Now that was a fun show! OMG the guys playing Trump and Bernie were hilarious and spot on with the impersonations. I loved how Bernie kept conducting an invisible orchestra through the whole debate even when he wasn't speaking. The Trump guy just nailed it. Has either comic been on the show before as themselves? I don't recognize either name. 

• Love 2

Now that was a fun show! OMG the guys playing Trump and Bernie were hilarious and spot on with the impersonations. I loved how Bernie kept conducting an invisible orchestra through the whole debate even when he wasn't speaking. The Trump guy just nailed it. Has either comic been on the show before as themselves? I don't recognize either name. 

"Bernie" (well, Adomian-as-Bernie) appeared in character as a contestant a couple of months ago. I guess they figured it worked well enough to invite him back to do a whole show with "Trump."

• Love 1

"Bernie" (well, Adomian-as-Bernie) appeared in character as a contestant a couple of months ago. I guess they figured it worked well enough to invite him back to do a whole show with "Trump."

James Adomian has been on the show several times as himself as well as his Bernie appearances.  I don't recall if Tony Atamanuik has been on the show as himself before.

Oh my gods. I laughed til I cried and my stomach hurt. That was just some funny funny shit.

Trump escalating to the Human Millipede instead of the Human Centipede was perfect because I swear he would do exactly that.

• Love 3

That Trump guy is scary good. (Bernie was also great, but Trump is just so much more of a horrific character.) I could truly imagine the real Drumpf saying some of those mind-bogglingly awful things.

CH's paean to Rob Ford felt weirdly distasteful on a day after dozens of innocent people were murdered by terrorists. I don't want the show to become a Debbie Downer newscast, but to cheerily give a genuine, hearty send-off to a drug abusing, racist, drunk-driving shithead while completely ignoring what happened in Brussels just felt off.

That "Attention Viewers" insert about Tay (and the meta reason it had to be inserted) may be the funniest thing the show has done in  months.

On another note, Chris should try to stop fixating on Reddit/online comments about him.

• Love 1

Just saw the "debate" episode.

Good lord. Hardwick talking too much actually kind of worked in this. For the first time in about a year I didn't end a show viewing at least mildly annoyed with him.

I've seen that Faux Trump elsewhere recently, he's been making the rounds. The Faux Bernie was just icing on the cake. Both are doing the best KIND of impressions, because they're bringing the voices close, but concentrating most of the KINDS of things those guys say as the most important element.

I found the "debate" to be too long. Those guys are bullseye on the impressions, but it's kind of one note and dragging the joke out over a full 40 minutes got tedious for me at about 25 minutes. 

I didn't know on the Tuesday show that the final two women were married. That was so cute. All three were really good on the show. 

• Love 2

Imho, the Reggie/Rachel/Emo ep was the best in recent memory. Really good jokes from everybody, delivered really well. I had to hit the pause button a bunch of times to give myself time to laugh.

• Love 1

On the Tuesday show, I was dying with the woman going on about how she's carrying Chris' baby, and all three of them humping on when the japanese sex machine clip played. 

• Love 1

I love Rachel Bloom.  They apparently edited a lot of her stuff out, based on the scores.  I haven't checked out the unedited version yet, but this is the first episode I've felt compelled to.

I love Rachel Bloom.  They apparently edited a lot of her stuff out, based on the scores.  I haven't checked out the unedited version yet, but this is the first episode I've felt compelled to.

Thursday's "unedited" episode was only about 2 minutes longer than the televised one. They don't seem to do super-sized unedited eps anymore. I remember one with the cast of "Reno 911!" that was almost a full hour long. Nowadays it seems the main difference is that they don't bleep the swear words.

I'm not much for absurdist humor so Emo isn't my cuppa, but he was very funny on this. Not just dick jokes, either!

Chris is the one who does Dick jokes. Emo's always been about weird word play and the strangest kind of observational humor possible.

I appreciate any lineup that gives us fewer dick jokes.

To be fair, a lot of female comedians dine out on dick jokes. Just not the lesbian married ones, I suppose!

• Love 1

Good lord, the two guys on tonight's show were awful. I missed their claim to fame - was it Vine? They seemed like nice but dumb frat bros who were spectacularly unfunny. The one on the right tried too hard, too. The woman was better, but not great. Ditto with the material the show gave them to work with.

First show I've caught during its first airing in a while; I wish I hadn't.

• Love 2

That guy on the right had a whole lot of flailing going on.

Guy in the middle: the game is cute OR creepy. You're not expected to guess what's going to occur. It was a good example of what happens when jokes aren't provided -- vacant stare and long silence.

Edited by lordonia

That was terrible.  Logan Paul was the flailing one.  I noted his name so I can avoid him in the future. He kept climbing on the other guy.  They had no sense of timing.  Even if a provided line could have been funny, they stepped on it so it didn't matter.  I usually save the episodes for a few days if I want to watch them again.  This was an immediate delete. 

• Love 1

Yeah I agree the YouTube/Vine guys were not so good (although both have very nice bodies - I googled them). The last lightning round game was awful. I don't even know what it was supposed to be and couldn't understand half of what they said. Am I old? I feel like screaming "Get off my lawn!" for some reason now/

• Love 1

Lamorne Morris is really the best thing about New Girl, but I totally did not get his answer to For the Win. Arden Myrin has the most irritating laugh in the world. And Carrot Top has done so much work to his face he looks weirder now than when he was young and just starting out.

• Love 1

Arden Myrin always strikes me as the natural heir apparent to Megan Mullally.

Gonna have to cast another ballot for the one the other night with Logan Paul and the incredibly weird looking guy as quite possibly the most anti-funny episode of this show yet. Even Hardwick looked to be visibly in pain at times. You could damn near hear the cricket sounds and see the tumbleweeds. Absolutely brutal.

• Love 1

I honestly couldn't tell if those little colored bits on the suit were woven into the fabric, or were bumpy appliques.  But seriously, if the suit was only $100, Chris could certainly have sprung for some tailoring!