Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Friend Or Faux

• Start Topic

Okay, thank you. Because that's what I thought as well. I thought Nene was so rude to Cynthia about that entire thing, and then when Cynthia was clearly very upset, Nene just wanted to brush it off like it weren't no thang. To me, that was when it became clear that Nene was not a real friend. She would rather let her friend be hurt than show some humility and admit she was wrong. I'm not saying Cynthia is a perfect angel, but I think that trip really shed a lot of light on the friendship, and I'm guessing that everything that happened after that was because of the underlying tension between them.

I didn't get this impression when Nene told Cynthia her opinion on 13 year olds dating.  I agreed with Nene on that one.  Cynthia was just upset that Nene wasn't supporting her in the whole thing and actually cried because Nene made a comment about 13 year old girls twerking at the mall (which, I have seen myself).  Nene didn't say Noelle was doing it, she was just telling Cynthia to watch her a little more closely because kids that age have a way of acting one way at home and another way when they are out, and she's absolutely right.  In no way was she saying that Noelle was a bad child or that Cynthia was a bad mother, but that's how Cynthia took it.  Nene was over Cynthia's over-reaction and maybe that's what made it seem she didn't care that Cynthia was upset.

• Love 1

Never been a huge fan of Kenya's but I'd rather watch her and Claudia goofing around than the other shrews sitting around (and talking about Kenya).  Nene's son getting a driving lesson is not exciting tv and is a waste of my time.

Kandi is easily the most frustrating person on this show.  Her mother runs all over her.  I don't know why Todd is still there.  The sex can't be that good, let alone worth putting up with all that shit.

Edited by JacqaloonLaurita
  • Love 5
I know some like Phaedra but I actually think I dislike her the most. Saying you are a lady, southern belle and godly woman does not make you perfect. She refuses to own up to anything in her marriage drama, the Kenya brawling. Just pretending you never do any wrong does not make it true.

I think pre-Kenya Phaedra was hilarious, like a cartoon.  Now the "Southern belle" act has this real nasty edge to it, imho, and it's not as fun to watch.  

I like when Porsha and Nene film scenes together.  They seem to genuinely like each other and have fun with each other.  They do a lot of joking and laughing when together.

I don't get that from them at all.  I saw it as Nene needing someone to film with, and I think it'll be fun when Porsha figures out Nene made a subtle dig about how she got her money (same implication Cynthia made, just not as overt).  Once someone tells Porsha that and she goes off on Nene I'll be down to watch them together.  Nene will demolish h er.

I do think it'd be nice to see more laughing and fun, though.  Or at least some new fights instead of friendships broken by blogs/Twitter and the lies (or "lies") of a freshly re-convicted felon.

• Love 9

Who is on the bus to hell with me for thinking that sweet, sweet Sharon was the wrong mother taken too soon?

Raising my hand shyly and hanging my head in shame.  My first thought when I heard this news was, "Why, Lord, Whyyyyy?!  Why did it have to be HERRRRR?!"

I know I was wrong, but in those very private moments where no one else sees or hears, that's how I felt.  It's just proof positive that evil thrives and walks this earth in all forms.

• Love 8

Raising my hand shyly and hanging my head in shame. My first thought when I heard this news was, "Why, Lord, Whyyyyy?! Why did it have to be HERRRRR?!"

I know I was wrong, but in those very private moments where no one else sees or hears, that's how I felt. It's just proof positive that evil thrives and walks this earth in all forms.

My first thought was,"I wonder if Mama Joyce has an alibi?"

• Love 15

I don't think Cynthia's reactions to anything are mitigated by the fact that they're late.  Late is what happens when you take the time to process what just happened.   Now it really doesn't help when dealing with a personality like Nene's but I still think they're valid.  Cynthia's point is that the dissolution of their friendship is overall about the theme/pattern of disrespect that Nene has shown Cynthia in her little remarks and side comments.  Individually the things themselves may be squashable but what Nene doesn't understand is that a great deal of it is shit you just don't say out loud about someone you consider close enough to be your sister.  You might say it to your sister but you don't open it up to judgment for everybody else and offhandedly humiliate her the way Nene isn't even aware she'd done.     So Nene's walking around like why you still trippin off something we settled?  When they never settled it because Cynthia either avoided or isn't articulate enough to say your personality doesn't contain the sort of limits that are necessary to maintain a respectful friendship.

Thank you for articulating this point.  Why is Nene's POV any more or less valid than Cynthia's?  Relationships take time to figure out and it seems to me that Cynthia has shown a lot of grace when it has come to Nene.  Nene's being Nene means that she is unapologetically insensitive about everything she says and does.  Some of her comments are hurtful on purpose, then she gives you thats just me being me, telling it like it is speech.  Whatever.  I thought her comments about Peter (her best friend's husband) were rude and disrespectful.  If she thinks there is such a thing as women's bidness, then she should have discussed women's bidness with Cynthia so she could pass along the information to Peter.  Or, she could have allowed her grown friends to have whatever opinions they wanted to have without providing her unsolicited commentary.  She and Gregg did not have to attend Kenya's party or they could have left the party without doubling back to eavesdrop on a conversation between Cynthia and Peter.  Yeah, Cynthia was/is playing nice with Kenya.  So what?  Cynthia is trying to keep a job that pays her six figures.  Isn't that what Nene is doing?

Its funny how she knows how to talk to people respectfully when she perceives they are on her level or above (see her appearances on other shows).  Before she founded a mutual hate society with Phaedra, Porsha, and Kandi, she was trashing their asses too. 

I don't think Nene trashes any of these people because she is keeping it real.  She is trashing them, IMO, because they are trying to come up and she thinks their come up is at her expense.  She doesn't understand the premise that other people can be successful without taking something away from her and her success.

Cynthia has been a doormat for a long time.  While her bad ass needs a lot of work, she has to start somewhere.

• Love 21

Fascinating to read all these takes on the Nene vs Cynthia wars.  The message boards are always SO much more interesting that the show itself.  I really don't know how I feel about any of this, not that it matters at all what I think or don't think, and I don't have the patience or skill to analyze in depth the interactions as so many here have.  Super fun to read.  I guess all I do know is that I'm kind of old school when it comes to presenting myself to my friends.  I'll put up with a lot in the name of being polite -- to trademark Brandi, if I had to rescue, from a burning building, basic civility over keeping it real real real with my pals, I guess I'd opt for some slightly singed and crisped politeness.  I think sometimes too that people who are not assertive -- and Cynthia is always very passive -- can take awhile to get a head of steam up over past wrongs and insults.  I can also totally see Nene provoking behind the scenes -- she's as stealthy as the best of them when she wants to draw blood.  I still think something happened that we're not going to be told about.  I wouldn't put it past Nene to try and have Cynthia fired. The comments made about how she brings nothing to the show were clearly meant to signal to Andy Cohen that the Queen Bee was not happy.  

Nene suffers from always have to vanquish whomever she's feuding with.  She may be honest and direct but she's not compassionate or insightful when the war is on.  It's all very take no prisoners and you done me wrong so now I get to stomp on your head!  And Cynthia is annoyingly insecure about most everything and timid about calling folks out on the spot once the hurting is on.  Her new tough act doesn't suit her at all -- She seems really super uncomfortable doing it.  So Nene wins because she's loud, aggressive, and much more entertaining in using language than Cynthia will ever be. Nene's made for TV -- Cynthia not so much.

Whatever it is, it's a drag to watch week after week. So much over-reaction all the time.  Kandi and Phaedra are obviously far from perfect -- way way far from it -- but at least they appear to be buddies in the sense that I understand the term.  It's a relief to see them together.  And really the whole time these arguments rage on and on, all I can wonder is if all of this chaos is meant to divert us from the fact that NOT a single one of these women is organizing anything entertaining.  Like the bitchy catfights are some kind of substitute for a bit of fun and glitz in and around Atlanta.  In that sense, I really do miss folks like Dwight and his incredible outfits and Sheree before the bottom fell out.  Sheree's parties and events were always so delicious and delusional.  Cynthia's events are a bore.  Backstage with Nene is zero fun and the rest of the gang doesn't even bother anymore. 

The best part of the sitdown at the restaurant that didn't deliver was the business about where's the water, did the well run dry?, and the sad shot of them unwrapping stale crakers.  Like they were all stuck in some weird Real HWs bad eatery limbo.  Dressed to the nines with no place to go. 

• Love 7

Thank you for articulating this point.  Why is Nene's POV any more or less valid than Cynthia's?  Relationships take time to figure out and it seems to me that Cynthia has shown a lot of grace when it has come to Nene.  Nene's being Nene means that she is unapologetically insensitive about everything she says and does.  Some of her comments are hurtful on purpose, then she gives you thats just me being me, telling it like it is speech.  Whatever.  I thought her comments about Peter (her best friend's husband) were rude and disrespectful.  If she thinks there is such a thing as women's bidness, then she should have discussed women's bidness with Cynthia so she could pass along the information to Peter.  Or, she could have allowed her grown friends to have whatever opinions they wanted to have without providing her unsolicited commentary.  She and Gregg did not have to attend Kenya's party or they could have left the party without doubling back to eavesdrop on a conversation between Cynthia and Peter.  Yeah, Cynthia was/is playing nice with Kenya.  So what?  Cynthia is trying to keep a job that pays her six figures.  Isn't that what Nene is doing?

Its funny how she knows how to talk to people respectfully when she perceives they are on her level or above (see her appearances on other shows).  Before she founded a mutual hate society with Phaedra, Porsha, and Kandi, she was trashing their asses too. 

I don't think Nene trashes any of these people because she is keeping it real.  She is trashing them, IMO, because they are trying to come up and she thinks their come up is at her expense.  She doesn't understand the premise that other people can be successful without taking something away from her and her success.

Cynthia has been a doormat for a long time.  While her bad ass needs a lot of work, she has to start somewhere.

I dislike Nene a lot but I do think Cynthia was wrong. If she was really hurt by things Nene said to her and after a 4-6month time lap, decided that she needed to say something, then why wait until on camera at the reunion? Their friendship extended far beyond the show and these issues should have, IMO, been dealt with off camera instead of a surprise attack on camera. Cynthia came at Nene, she was not trying to talk to her, she had already decided the friendship was over! Of course Cynthia has every right to end the friendship for whatever reason but then she has to own up to making that decision and IMO, she is not. She is blaming Nene for not listening to her but Cynthia's mind was already made up and I don't think there was anything Nene could have said or done to reverse that decision. IMO, that decision was made by Peter and not Cynthia and Cynthia went along with it like she does anything Peter says.

• Love 4

Fascinating to read all these takes on the Nene vs Cynthia wars.  The message boards are always SO much more interesting that the show itself.  I really don't know how I feel about any of this, not that it matters at all what I think or don't think, and I don't have the patience or skill to analyze in depth the interactions as so many here have.  Super fun to read.  I guess all I do know is that I'm kind of old school when it comes to presenting myself to my friends.  I'll put up with a lot in the name of being polite -- to trademark Brandi, if I had to rescue, from a burning building, basic civility over keeping it real real real with my pals, I guess I'd opt for some slightly singed and crisped politeness.  I think sometimes too that people who are not assertive -- and Cynthia is always very passive -- can take awhile to get a head of steam up over past wrongs and insults.  I can also totally see Nene provoking behind the scenes -- she's as stealthy as the best of them when she wants to draw blood.  I still think something happened that we're not going to be told about.  I wouldn't put it past Nene to try and have Cynthia fired. The comments made about how she brings nothing to the show were clearly meant to signal to Andy Cohen that the Queen Bee was not happy.  

Nene suffers from always have to vanquish whomever she's feuding with.  She may be honest and direct but she's not compassionate or insightful when the war is on.  It's all very take no prisoners and you done me wrong so now I get to stomp on your head!  And Cynthia is annoyingly insecure about most everything and timid about calling folks out on the spot once the hurting is on.  Her new tough act doesn't suit her at all -- She seems really super uncomfortable doing it.  So Nene wins because she's loud, aggressive, and much more entertaining in using language than Cynthia will ever be. Nene's made for TV -- Cynthia not so much.

Whatever it is, it's a drag to watch week after week. So much over-reaction all the time.  Kandi and Phaedra are obviously far from perfect -- way way far from it -- but at least they appear to be buddies in the sense that I understand the term.  It's a relief to see them together.  And really the whole time these arguments rage on and on, all I can wonder is if all of this chaos is meant to divert us from the fact that NOT a single one of these women is organizing anything entertaining.  Like the bitchy catfights are some kind of substitute for a bit of fun and glitz in and around Atlanta.  In that sense, I really do miss folks like Dwight and his incredible outfits and Sheree before the bottom fell out.  Sheree's parties and events were always so delicious and delusional.  Cynthia's events are a bore.  Backstage with Nene is zero fun and the rest of the gang doesn't even bother anymore. 

The best part of the sitdown at the restaurant that didn't deliver was the business about where's the water, did the well run dry?, and the sad shot of them unwrapping stale crakers.  Like they were all stuck in some weird Real HWs bad eatery limbo.  Dressed to the nines with no place to go. 

I was thinking about this and I wonder if reality has hit this show.  In other words, these people are boring day after day, year after year.  The most exciting shows this season featured Apollo acting like a fool.  Once he is off to jail, they really have nothing but the same ole same ole:

• Peter playing the role of big wanna be baller, calling shots and spending Cynthia's money
  • Nene bored of this show putting down all of the other ladies because they aren't on her level
  • Kenya creating fake storylines and overplaying her villainy
  • Phaedra playing the southern belle role while coveting side show sex workers
  • Joyce making her puppet Kandi dance while Kandi makes her puppet Todd dance
  • Claudia throwing out one-liners to an empty room

Wirewrap, I don't know if Cynthia is wrong because I don't know her motivations.  Nene can be fun, but she is an asshole.  Cynthia is nice, but she is a shit stirrer.  Both are thirsty and need this show to support their families.  Is Cynthia truly sick of Nene or does she desperately need a compelling storyline to keep her six figure job?  Maybe I am giving Cynthia more credit because Nene has demonstrated that her profile and paycheck are more important than any friends so she shouldn't be mad if her good friend does the same thing.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 7

My first thought was,"I wonder if Mama Joyce has an alibi?"

Ditto!  I was thinking that they should check the phone records to see if any calls from Joyce went through to Sharon's phone that day.  This seriously was the first thought I had when I first heard the news. 

Is Cynthia truly sick of Nene or does she desperately need a compelling storyline to keep her six figure job?

I vote for the latter.  Cynthia is desperate to stay on this show because they do need the money.  She has looked a hot assed mess this whole season and I think it's from crying over having to end her friendship with Nene because Peter is making her do it.  She claims she's so relieved to have Nene (who she equates to negativity) out of her life, but she damned sure doesn't look it.  She didn't look this bad when she had the fibroids.  Losing Nene as a friend is making Cynthia look like someone who has lost their lover.  There is absolutely no joy in her face anymore.  I'm convinced she is still pining over Nene because she was Cynthia's only outlet away from Peter.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 9

Ditto!  I was thinking that they should check the phone records to see if any calls from Joyce went through to Sharon's phone that day.  This seriously was the first thought I had when I first heard the news. 

I vote for the latter.  Cynthia is desperate to stay on this show because they do need the money.  She has looked a hot assed mess this whole season and I think it's from crying over having to end her friendship with Nene because Peter is making her do it.  She claims she's so relieved to have Nene (who she equates to negativity) out of her life, but she damned sure doesn't look it.  She didn't look this bad when she had the fibroids.  Losing Nene as a friend is making Cynthia look like someone who has lost their lover.  There is absolutely no joy in her face anymore.  I'm convinced she is still pining over Nene because she was Cynthia's only outlet away from Peter.

This for SURE!!  I got that almost immediately!  Even at the reunion Cynthia seemed like she was fighting what she was saying.  I very honestly believe that Cynthia and Nene still have a great friendship but it was nipped in the bud by Peter.  You could see that he doesn't ever like anyone challenging him for any reason.  Also most of the fans and bloggers felt Nene was right about him and he had to know he was dubbed "Patricia" by a lot of fans.  Also it was just a matter of time before Nene noticed that Peter was bilking all kinds of money from Cynthia and give Cynthia a "clue" much like she clued Porsha about her domineering ex husband.  Peter was definitely behind the breakup in friendship between Cynthia and Nene.

I thought I was the only one who felt that Cynthia was "protesting too much" about the breakup.  Probably why she was more distressed than she should have been at the Redemption dinner.  Also why Nene was so angry and upset because she also probably know it wasn't really Cynthia talking.  No one goes from "she's my best friend" to "hate her" that quick without something major happening or someone in their ear. 

• Love 3

Nene's being Nene means that she is unapologetically insensitive about everything she says and does.  Some of her comments are hurtful on purpose, then she gives you thats just me being me, telling it like it is speech.  Whatever.  I thought her comments about Peter (her best friend's husband) were rude and disrespectful.  If she thinks there is such a thing as women's bidness, then she should have discussed women's bidness with Cynthia so she could pass along the information to Peter.  Or, she could have allowed her grown friends to have whatever opinions they wanted to have without providing her unsolicited commentary.  She and Gregg did not have to attend Kenya's party or they could have left the party without doubling back to eavesdrop on a conversation between Cynthia and Peter.  Yeah, Cynthia was/is playing nice with Kenya.  So what?  Cynthia is trying to keep a job that pays her six figures.  Isn't that what Nene is doing?

You nailed it perfectly IMO. I especially cannot stand when people who are constantly rude and out of order get/are expected to be given a pass because "they're just being (them)/keeping it real." Really? Because you sure know how to keep it respectful when you know anything otherwise is gonna be a problem.

The BF is especially true; they've all been on Nene's skewer at some time or another depending on what infraction they committed. Funny how all those people barely took Nene on, even the loquacious Phaedra barely fended off Nene's trash talk. Yet she missed not a single TH opportunity to eviscerate Kenya's reputation. Porsha was in tears over being called a "bad friend" but never dared to talk the level of shit she does now. Even now her "new" friend snipes about her fancy car while not handling the basics of fixing her doorbell and low shades that all her new trappings of success are allegedly courtesy of a man known to be in a relationship with someone else (chick took out a billboard on Porsha!) Not a surprise coming from someone who wanted to spend their last support coins on a pair of shoes. True to form, still.  Stupid and vicious continues to be a bad look on her. 

• Love 6

Peter may be fighting to get himself a peach and maybe upset Claudia has one instead but that benefit Peter didn't do anything wrong. He was upset at Nene's behavior and voiced it to Cynthia, not to Nene and Nene came stepping up to him. Then Gregg takes issue with it later on saying how Peter stepped to Nene and completely twisting it around and Nene calls him a bitch and I think Cynthia got a glimpse of who Nene really is by saying how Cynthia, Kandi, Kenya, Porsha, and Phaedra are not on her level. In those two instances Nene and Gregg were in the wrong IMO.

I'm trying to understand what do people want from Cynthia. Do y'all want her to cower and be in Nene's back pocket and be quiet cause when she was that she was Nene's lackey, boring, and needs a backbone. Now that she's breaking away from Nene and no longer her lackey, she's dumb or stupid. I say good for Cynthia. IDK how Nene can say she's been a real good friend to Cynthia when she did nothing but throw major shade at her on WWHL, criticize her mothering skills, called her husband a bitch. That's not a friend, if a friend did all that to me, we're not friends anymore. Nene wouldn't like it if Cynthia called Gregg a bitch, cause Gregg has a tendency to act like one. You don't have to like my husband but don't ever call him out his name.

• Love 7

I'm hoping this season doesn't turn into the Nene vs. Cynthia show, but at any rate, let's get back on topic of this particular episode and leave reunion/past season talk in their respective threads. I know that's hard to do when they are rehashing old crap, but let's try. And if you've stated your case once, move along to something else or I'll have to whip out my Dead Horse Award. :)

Thanks!

Peter may be fighting to get himself a peach and maybe upset Claudia has one instead but that benefit Peter didn't do anything wrong. He was upset at Nene's behavior and voiced it to Cynthia, not to Nene and Nene came stepping up to him. Then Gregg takes issue with it later on saying how Peter stepped to Nene and completely twisting it around and Nene calls him a bitch and I think Cynthia got a glimpse of who Nene really is by saying how Cynthia, Kandi, Kenya, Porsha, and Phaedra are not on her level. In those two instances Nene and Gregg were in the wrong IMO.

I'm trying to understand what do people want from Cynthia. Do y'all want her to cower and be in Nene's back pocket and be quiet cause when she was that she was Nene's lackey, boring, and needs a backbone. Now that she's breaking away from Nene and no longer her lackey, she's dumb or stupid. I say good for Cynthia. IDK how Nene can say she's been a real good friend to Cynthia when she did nothing but throw major shade at her on WWHL, criticize her mothering skills, called her husband a bitch. That's not a friend, if a friend did all that to me, we're not friends anymore. Nene wouldn't like it if Cynthia called Gregg a bitch, cause Gregg has a tendency to act like one. You don't have to like my husband but don't ever call him out his name.

I want Cynthia to be herself. The way she goes on and on about Nene she's clearly still taking up valuable real estate in her head. Plus the way she's crying in the preview doesn't inspire the believe in ME that she really wanted to stop being friends.

• Love 2

Kandi is easily the most frustrating person on this show.  Her mother runs all over her.  I don't know why Todd is still there.  The sex can't be that good, let alone worth putting up with all that shit.

I can feel Todd's frustration. I'm sure he has to listen to her endlessly bitch about MJ, her staff, what's not getting done and how everyone uses her as an ATM. When he steps up and tells Kandi to cut shit off, she immediately gets mad at him and says she'll never turn her back on her mother. This, as she's standing in the ruins of her once-beautiful, now-trashed home.

And not for nothing, but at her age, how much does MJ really need? She would do perfectly fine in a nice two-bedroom condo. It seems like Kandi has been supporting her since her Xscape days. Is the woman not capable of finding a part time job? 

• Love 7

I can feel Todd's frustration. I'm sure he has to listen to her endlessly bitch about MJ, her staff, what's not getting done and how everyone uses her as an ATM. When he steps up and tells Kandi to cut shit off, she immediately gets mad at him and says she'll never turn her back on her mother. This, as she's standing in the ruins of her once-beautiful, now-trashed home.

And not for nothing, but at her age, how much does MJ really need? She would do perfectly fine in a nice two-bedroom condo. It seems like Kandi has been supporting her since her Xscape days. Is the woman not capable of finding a part time job? 

Even if she never worked again...a 2 bedroom condo or a 3 bedroom ranch house is all she needs.

Joyce aint playing not gotdamb basketball, she doesn't need half the amenities Kandi is wasting her money on....and if the whole point is is put it in Joyce's name, then it's a total waste of her money because I'm 99% sure Joyce is petty enough to not leave the house to Kandi in her will.

• Love 6

Nene was playing it up for the cameras in that group scene. The over the top personality is her thing. I don't think she was even genuinely going off on Cynthia. She was just going for air time. I thought Cynthia at least showed some class.

If my husband's mother called my mother a whore, there would be no forgiveness for a very, very long time. And I certainly wouldn't expect my mother to make nice with a woman who called her a whore and never apologized. Kandi just expects everyone to put up with Mama Joyce's crap, no matter how bad it gets. She destroyed that house on purpose, like a dog chewing up newspapers because its owner left it alone too long. It was totally revenge/jealousy for Kandi marrying Todd, and Kandi just takes it up the ass. Its becoming hard to watch.

Considering Phaedra is married to a felon, she really shouldn't be placing moral judgements on other people. I still remember how she was knocked up out of wedlock and then tried to lie about the date she got pregnant to cover it up. That being said, Kenya was inappropriate with Apollo on several occasions.

• Love 6

I think Kandi doesn't know what tough love means. It's not turning your back on your mother when you tell your mother that she's out of line, acting stupidly to friends and my fiance/husband, and yes even wrecking my house and you paying for it. Even cutting MJ off wouldn't be turning her back on her mother, it would be tough love and a hard lesson for MJ to learn that she can't be taking advantage of all the good things that Kandi has done for her. Kandi turning a blind eye to things regarding MJ makes her look really stupid.

I don't understand how Kandi is mature around the other Housewives and can confront them when need be but when it comes to MJ she wants to just let things slide by. Me I treat my friends and family equally, not gonna get a special pass because of our relation or what our friendship is.

• Love 4

Who is on the bus to hell with me for thinking that sweet, sweet Sharon was the wrong mother taken too soon?

Please hold the bus for me, I am coming too.

When I heard that Mama Joyce had a boyfriend and HE told her not to move in unless it is in her name....Oh hell no!  Is Kandi an idiot of something?  I hate to even type that but she clearly has missed that time in her life where she and her mother drift apart (to build some independence in Kandi) and then drift back together in a more adult relationship.  I feel sorry for Kandi to not have the experience of having a parent in an adult relationship that values you as yourself.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 2

MaryMac's Tea Room was the scene of the Kandi-Aunties convo and hope it's okay to mention it in this thread.  Awesome and what the show ought to be about. 

And ToukieSmith -- I have asked you a question in the Chat Room.  A question you need not answer -- obviously -- but since it's holiday season I thought I would take my shot. 

Tea Room where I come from generally means owned by real cooks  and nice ladies... If this is the only thing Kandi's Aunties bring that would be good.  Would love to see the joint in full swing instead of the faux look we got. 

And really no kidding on the Joyce did Sharon no favours front.  No need to even couch it.  For real. 

• Love 2

I think pre-Kenya Phaedra was hilarious, like a cartoon.

I thought she was super-entertaining before all this mess. Her first season was all about lying about how many months along she was in her pregnancy, LOL.

• Love 5

I thought she was super-entertaining before all this mess. Her first season was all about lying about how many months along she was in her pregnancy, LOL.

Well, to be fair to Phaedra - babies conceived on air mattresses make it a bit harder to calculate the due date. I think it's the fact that you're basically floating while being inseminated.

• Love 5

And don't forget

Well, to be fair to Phaedra - babies conceived on air mattresses make it a bit harder to calculate the due date. I think it's the fact that you're basically floating while being inseminated.

And of course she was in a sector of the universe where there is no time scale.

• Love 7

It seems to me the problems between Cynthia and NeNe did start with NeNe's criticism about Noelle having a boyfriend, which appeared to be one of those junior high things where they talk to one another on the phone a lot and not much more. NeNe should talk. Her 18 year had a baby out of wedlock and she was clueless until it was too late. Then Ms. "DontCallMeaBitchKim" decides it's OK to tell Peter he's acting like a bitch, on the one occasion he has a valid etiquette point. Whereupon, it's suddenly fine to call your friends bitch, and "we all do that to each other all the time and you never minded before." Right. She needs to tone down the screeching and the overreacting. She acted like a colossal boor at that benefit, and the attendees who came to support it did not deserve to be spoken to that way. NeNe has no business acting all butt hurt about the loss of the friendship.

In spite of the fact Kenya spent way too much time baiting Phaedra's insecurities flirting around with Apollo, it appears she really was innocent. It's her own fault Phaedra doesn't want to cut her any slack, but I feel a bit bad for her that Phaedra wants to carry on as though Apollo was telling the truth. She just shouldn't have been waddling around like a duck and being shady yellow like a duck.

My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw what a wreck Joyce made out of that house! I half suspect she told her boyfriend to tear it up so she'd have an excuse to get Kandi to pay for another one. Or that she destroyed it out of spite because it was too far away for her taste. I feel that Kandi has made a horrible mistake moving her mother so close to her. Poor Todd; he must feel smothered. Kandi needs to at least give him some distance from her mom, especially since she refuses to put her mouth in check. I fear Kandi will never wake up and smell the rotten coffee beans.

It's so sad that Todd lost his lovely mom, especially as he could have used her support since Kandi is clueless. Yes, Kandi, you need to figure out when enough is enough and react accordingly. You don't have to disown your mom, but you do need to tell her she needs to check her acid tongue at the door.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 5

Joyce doesn't want a two bedroom condo, because she won't be able to mortgage a two bedroom condo to the hilt, which is what she will do with this place.  And then she'll leave the house to Kandi or Riley, but give her sisters lifetime tenancy upon her death, which will trap Kandi longer.

Or at some point she'll decide it's "too much space" for her, and she needs something smaller, but since it's in her name it's her prerogative to rent it out for steady income.  Only Kandi will still have bought the new smaller place, so it will all be profit.

• Love 3

Hahahahahaha!

Joyce doesn't want a two bedroom condo, because she won't be able to mortgage a two bedroom condo to the hilt, which is what she will do with this place.  And then she'll leave the house to Kandi or Riley, but give her sisters lifetime tenancy upon her death, which will trap Kandi longer.

So I'm not the only who thinks MJ wants her name on the house so she can get 11 mortgages and gamble it all away in style. I must say, getting Kandi to buy her a house is a much better scheme than applying for Visa and Amex cards in Kandi's name.

Edited by Lakewood27
  • Love 9

MaryMac's Tea Room was the scene of the Kandi-Aunties convo and hope it's okay to mention it in this thread.  Awesome and what the show ought to be about. 

And ToukieSmith -- I have asked you a question in the Chat Room.  A question you need not answer -- obviously -- but since it's holiday season I thought I would take my shot. 

Tea Room where I come from generally means owned by real cooks  and nice ladies... If this is the only thing Kandi's Aunties bring that would be good.  Would love to see the joint in full swing instead of the faux look we got. 

And really no kidding on the Joyce did Sharon no favours front.  No need to even couch it.  For real. 

I heart that you're making us notice foodie shit.  That's hilarious.   I wish they'd had wrist gloves and hats on.   Dammit, now I want to go eat in a tea room. 

• Love 1

The thought that MJ wants a brand new house in her name so she can mortgage it and spend the money on gambling has a lot of legs, in my opinion. I think that may be exactly what she's up to, and pulling out anything worth any money in the old house, for gambling, is again.... a lot of legs to that theory.

• Love 7

I think pre-Kenya Phaedra was hilarious, like a cartoon.

Yes, her humor is what I'm missing. I know having two young kids and a husband going back to prison is a strain but at least she's been looking good lately.

Re: Cynthia & NeNe

Cynthia didn't just come out of the blue and start discussing her and NeNe's friendship at the reunion; there was a segment related to it and Andy's "viewer" questions. Despite the apologies about 'bitchgate' and them hanging out over the holidays I think Cynthia was justified in feeling that the actual airing of the show along with viewer commentary reopened the wounds. Plus a couple of NeNe's blogs around that time were of the "I said what I said" variety with a dose of shade and she wasn't changing it.

Since the reunion taped, NeNe went on and said how she thought Cynthia was basically taking up space on the show, tweeted old text messages that were supposed to "expose" Cynthia and declared that Cynthia needed to rethink things if she thought their breakup would be a Season 7 storyline. Cynthia made a couple appearances but didn't say anything overly inflammatory about NeNe and stayed quiet for a months after that until taping the new season so I see these first few episodes as her time to speak about NeNe, as pressed as she may appear.

I don't think Cynthia truly wanted their friendship to end and I think that, as someone who seems more reflective than the others, she chose to put some distance and time between her and NeNe when 'bitchgate' and Kenya's ball aired. Cynthia's issue was one about respect even though NeNe said she felt like she did respect her. Part of the issue IMO is you have two disparate people with different demeanors who respond to things in two completely different ways. Cynthia preferred not to discuss it with NeNe because NeNe gets in her feelings like we saw this episode, but like NeNe said in the reunion she has the right to be in her feelings if she wants to (and I agree).

Assuming that there is hope for the friendship at this point, Cynthia has to either accept that NeNe may not be as sensitive to her feelings, give her respect, or discuss things in the exact way she wants it done and try to work on the friendship or firmly plant her feet down and let it go.

• Love 4

I don't see Cynthia and Kenya as being BFF or doing it for the show. After "coochie crack" they've been friendly and had no issues so their friendship understandably has grown. I figured with their backgrounds they would've gravitated towards each other.

What I'm trying to wrap my brain around is NeNe and Phaedra's friendship and where Kandi falls in. I thought this last episode tried to plant a seed when NeNe asked Kandi whose side she was on between Phaedra and Apollo. I hope Kandi and Phaedra's friendship withstands the season but I thought it was quite deliberate when Phaedra's first blog this season specifically mentioned NeNe and Porsha as the ones who reached out to her and had been attentive throughout with everything going on.

• Love 1

ZaldamoWilder -- I'm just outside Wash DC -- Travelling in Va and points further south one can still find Tea Rooms in old, mid-sized towns.  The menus are pretty varied.  They are little boutiques of home cooked food.  I'll bet that the Kandi-Aunties go there quite a bit.  I LOVED the ordering like they were in a sushi joint.  These kind of restaurants are an endangered species and taking us there was such a nice old school Southern touch. 

Speaking of tea and spilling it, I'll bet Joyce's sisters could do the equivalent of the Boston Tea Party when it comes to their sister.  You just know that they KNOW.

It's kind of interesting too to see Phaedra relying on the food angle to bring some interest.  Good food is SO important -- I do wish we'd get to see more of that.  And, honestly, just some regular housekeeping.  I'm like that -- I love gals that can bring home the bacon, fry it up, and put together a shelf or two on their own.  Am still hoping that sooner or later the producers realize that more than trips away from Atlanta, some of us would like to SEE the city.  And I don't mean strip mall Bar One or the kinds of MacMansions that come with every franchise.  

One thing I do like about Peter and Cynthia is their house.  And, small small voice, I don't think Peter is such an ogre either.  He doesn't appear to be the greatest businessman and he may very well be fleecing Cynthia but, what the hell, she's into it and him.  It's good that he's gets on with Cynthia's ex.  I notice his Jamaican accent comes and goes but that's the way of accents.  Even smaller voice -- I'd rather hang with Peter than with Gregg, Todd, Apollo, or any of the mystery men associated with Kenya and Portia.  IF he is the reason that Cynthia and Nene fell out, more credit to him and, I think, an indication that he cares about his wife.  And their storyline no doubt.  Nene is pretty toxic. 

• Love 4

Nene is pretty toxic.

Yup. Every season there is a TH of Nene emphatically proclaiming, "I will NEVER be friends with [sheree], [Kim], [Marlo], [Cynthia] again!"

Watching Nene pretend to enjoy spending time with Phaedra and Kandi amuses me to no end. This is the same woman who held her nose for the few minutes she was forced to attend the 'Bedroom Kandi' launch party and couldn't moonwalk fast enough out of Kandi's birthday party in season 4. Although, I don't blame her for that one, as I would also be running for the EXIT door when Phaedra's dirty stripper showed up.

Edited by Lakewood27
  • Love 9

What I'm trying to wrap my brain around is NeNe and Phaedra's friendship and where Kandi falls in. I thought this last episode tried to plant a seed when NeNe asked Kandi whose side she was on between Phaedra and Apollo. I hope Kandi and Phaedra's friendship withstands the season but I thought it was quite deliberate when Phaedra's first blog this season specifically mentioned NeNe and Porsha as the ones who reached out to her and had been attentive throughout with everything going on.

I've just read Nene, Kenya, Cynthia and Phaedra's blogs for this week. I thought it was quite interesting that Cynthia was the only one to mention Sharon and offer condolences to Todd and Kandi in her blog. I like the Kandi & Phaedra friendship and I really hope that it survives the season.  

• Love 4

Yup. Every season there is a TH of Nene emphatically proclaiming, "I will NEVER be friends with [sheree], [Kim], [Marlo], [Cynthia] again!"

Watching Nene pretend to enjoy spending time with Phaedra and Kandi amuses me to no end. This is the same woman who held her nose for the few minutes she was forced to attend the 'Bedroom Kandi' launch party and couldn't moonwalk fast enough out of Kandi's birthday party in season 4. Although, I don't blame her for that one, as I would also be running for the EXIT door when Phaedra's dirty stripper showed up.

Wouldn't that be "I will never be FRIEND with ...

• Love 11

Wouldn't that be "I will never be FRIEND with ...

I'm not an expert, but I think it's friends- the subject and the object of the sentence make two. It's the same as saying, "we won't be friends." We- you and I. Or, you could say, "I will never befriend Sheree again."

Edited by Betweenyouandme

Are there Italians who are stereotypically less expressive with their affection (don't like to hug or vocalize)? That's what I thought it was until she Claudia said her mother doesn't speak English.

Absolutely. My southern Italian relatives are loud, feisty, argumentative, bossy, sarcastic, judgmental and a whole lotta crazy. My northern Italian relatives, however, are reserved, quiet, straightforward and mature. I love 'em both, and I know both sides love the same -- but their ways are 180 degrees different.

I'm not an expert, but I think it's friends- the subject and the object of the sentence make two. It's the same as saying, "we won't be friends." We- you and I. Or, you could say, "I will never befriend Sheree again."

While the rest of us know the correct usage, Nene and her strange way of not understanding the rules of plural usage made us notice it when she would refer to "Greg kids" or "bridemaid."  I was being snarky.

• Love 2