Type keyword(s) to search

RHoA in the Media

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 7/6/2017 at 0:47 AM, NowVoyager said:

Oh! Eva's dating Atlanta-based politician Michael Sterling--- that's the connection:

eva-marcille-and-michael-sterling-attend-atl-live-on-the-park-hiphop-picture-id599807340.jpg.c4c29aa42388a705299d0c8ea7d367dd.jpg

How terrible is Porsha's reputation that this man is dating Eva?* He's an attorney and a politician. He's running for mayor of Atlanta. Porsha is attractive with a family name that is strongly associated with the civil rights era and Atlanta. Eva is attractive, but she already has a kid. Neither Eva or Porsha finished college.

*Perhaps I should have asked how silly/stupid is Porsha that she doesn't realize that this is the type of man she should be with.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 1

Kim is getting so unrecognizable she might as well be a captioned special guest. 

All these women in the cast and returning are very outspoken and confrontational automatically, so we don't really need a shit stirrer run tell dat person like Sheree taking up airtime IMHO. What she brought outside of that- Kairos modeling, chateau delusions, and Bob reconciliation - were not entertaining for me either. 

So far it's Kenya, Kandi, Nene, Porsha, Eva, Cynthia, with Kim and Sheree? 

I have a feeling Eva will clash with either Porsha or Kenya. It will also be interesting to see Top Model Eva standing next to Cynthia Bailey. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I have a feeling Eva will clash with either Porsha or Kenya. It will also be interesting to see Top Model Eva standing next to Cynthia Bailey. 

Only in Tyra's world, would Eva be a model. In the real world, that would never happen..

• Love 1
On 7/21/2017 at 5:39 PM, Petunia13 said:

Kim is getting so unrecognizable she might as well be a captioned special guest. 

On 7/22/2017 at 11:43 AM, Apprentice79 said:

Only in Tyra's world, would Eva be a model. In the real world, that would never happen..

There is a reason that I'm not on Twitter because I'd waste my entire day just trolling Kim and Nene. Those two not only don't look remotely like they did when this show started, they're now tweeting and posting Instagram pictures that are so shopped that they need to start submitting this show for the Emmy for best Animated program. 

Yaya has really won in the grand scheme of things. Eva is attractive, but everyone who wasn't Tyra constantly commented on how short Eva was. Except for Kate Moss, the vast majority of high profile short models are related to someone famous. And most of them are white. 

There must be a drought in Atlanta because everyone is so thirsty.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4725586/Kim-Zolciak-rushes-Kenya-Moore-RHOA-fight.html

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

There is a reason that I'm not on Twitter because I'd waste my entire day just trolling Kim and Nene. Those two not only don't look remotely like they did when this show started, they're now tweeting and posting Instagram pictures that are so shopped that they need to start submitting this show for the Emmy for best Animated program. 

Yaya has really won in the grand scheme of things. Eva is attractive, but everyone who wasn't Tyra constantly commented on how short Eva was. Except for Kate Moss, the vast majority of high profile short models are related to someone famous. And most of them are white. 

There must be a drought in Atlanta because everyone is so thirsty.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4725586/Kim-Zolciak-rushes-Kenya-Moore-RHOA-fight.html

You have to be exceptional to be out of the norms to be a high fashion model.. You can be too short and you can also be too tall as well.

Nene looked so much better in season 1.  All she needed to do was tone her body,  fix her teeth and get nice clothes that fit her body.  In general, Black people are blessed with melanin that slows down the aging process, if we take care of ourselves. I look at Halle Berry who is 50 pushing 51 and she could pass for thirtysomething.. The list goes on, on famous Black women in their 40's and 50's who look younger than their actual age.  So, it was not necessary for any of them to do that. I think Portia looked better without the cantaloupes on her chest. All she needed to do was tone her body as well. I think she would look even more  stunning with her natural hair..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

Cynthia and Kenya helping in Houston.

My heart is so full thank you @cynthiabailey10 and @malbaileymassie for helping me support one of my favorite charities! It was a humbling experience. I hope we touched the lives of all the amazing people we met in #houston today. Thank you @habitatforhumanity for welcoming us

IMG_2844.JPG

• Love 7
17 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

No one wants to film with Porsha. If you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas. 

https://www.lovebscott.com/news/rhoa-exclusive-eva-marcille-back-no-one-really-wants-tape-porsha-williams-cynthia-bailey-another-man

Oh, and we hear Phaedra Parks threatened to sue Bravo for wrongful termination — but the network shut that down real quick. Her chances of returning to the series are basically non-existent.

If she wanted to have a real chance at winning, she should have hired another attorney.  We all know how good her legal skills are.....

• Love 5
On 9/9/2017 at 6:05 PM, cooksdelight said:

IMG_2844.JPG

They have a real friendship outside of the show and that's nice to see. Cynthia was present for her during her beloved grandma's passing and funeral and I respect that. And it looks like they volunteer together. Real bonds are more than girls trips and shopping or spa days and parties. It's being there for the the tough shit too. 

Is that Malorie on the left? 

• Love 3
On 9/9/2017 at 7:05 PM, cooksdelight said:

IMG_2844.JPG

I also noted that their shirts are actually wet with what appears to be some good ol underboob and neck sweat. It shows to me that they were actually doing something, rather than just showing up for a photo op.

• Love 3

On Family Feud:

Kandi, Joyce, Bertha, Nora, Tod - Tod was at the end

Cynthia, Noelle, Barbara, Malorie, Madison

Kandi's Team won.

Joyce and Kandi did the final round. Joyce sucked with 50 points, Kandi did make the 150 point difference to get the 25000 for charity. I think it was rigged.

One question: What color is the sky when there is bad weather - both said Blue.

tenor.gif

Kandi did say dark grey when she got beeped

• Love 4
On 7/15/2017 at 3:05 AM, HunterHunted said:

How terrible is Porsha's reputation that this man is dating Eva?* He's an attorney and a politician. He's running for mayor of Atlanta. Porsha is attractive with a family name that is strongly associated with the civil rights era and Atlanta. Eva is attractive, but she already has a kid. Neither Eva or Porsha finished college.

*Perhaps I should have asked how silly/stupid is Porsha that she doesn't realize that this is the type of man she should be with.

Or maybe they not attracted to each other? 2 successful (or you probably think that Porsha isn't successful..) Black people don't HAVE to get married. There's always the attraction factor. 

On 10/3/2017 at 1:24 PM, Mozelle said:

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/03/r-and-b-singer-christopher-williams-busted-headphones/

I forget which season it was that had Christopher Williams on. All I remember was that it was the season of the pajama party where Apollo stomped Brandon and Kandi tried to fight somebody, and Christopher Williams' chick rocked the crispy noodle curls. But this shit is sad! He tried to jack $100 headphones. 

He joins the long list of celebrities who are thieves. Lindsay, Kim Richard's, Winona Ryder, etc. 

10 minutes ago, Queena said:

Or maybe they not attracted to each other? 2 successful (or you probably think that Porsha isn't successful..) Black people don't HAVE to get married. There's always the attraction factor. 

My point was that he's not attracted to Porsha because she's dumb and silly and that Porsha isn't attracted to him because she's too silly and dumb to know he's the type of guy she should be with. I never said they had to get married nor did I say that Porsha isn't successful. I have said that I think that Porsha spends beyond her means. Heck, Eva is the one trying to join this show. Yaya isn't trying to do that. How successful is Eva?

Last night, during the "finally" of Shahs of Sunset, they played what seemed to be a promo for the next season of RHoA in November. At least think it was a promo; it could have been a spoof for all I know b/c the housewives were wearing ridiculous disguises while shaming a herd of walkers away.

2 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Dumping Phaedra was a step in the right direction. Bringing Wig and Nene back was a step in the wrong direction. Along with keeping Porsha, I feel like we're back to season 9 and I hated season 9. Phaedra accomplished a Teresa like feat. She completely turned me off a housewives franchise.

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Remember when Kim Fields was on the show for one season, because she owed a shitload of taxes and needed the money? Here’s one more who they were considering asking to join the cast at one time. I guess it’s a prerequisite that you forget to pay taxes.

http://madamenoire.com/1015485/keshia-knight-pulliam-owes-over-100000-to-the-irs/

I'll never understand celebs who are making money, but are too cheap to hire an accountant! I never feel sorry for these people because they have to know what's going to happen! Wesley Snipes really blew it and went to jail for several years ruining his career and life; BLADE no more! ;-)

• Love 4

Not quite sure if these should go here or in the Season 10 Sneak Peek threads...but since they're discussing stuff that mostly already happened, will put them here:

• Love 3
(edited)
22 hours ago, BBHN said:

Not quite sure if these should go here or in the Season 10 Sneak Peek threads...but since they're discussing stuff that mostly already happened, will put them here:

Did Kandi not know they were being filmed? Was her stylist on vacation? I feel like there has to be some explanation for why the other women were done up and she looked like she was going to Olive Garden.

I don’t feel one way or the other about Shamea or what she said to Eva (except I agree that it was thirsty as hell), but I was here for all the bitchiness Eva was serving in that clip. She’s great at one-liners.

Nene: “Eva Marcille is a formal America’s Next Top Model.” ?

Sheree: “She was on Next Top Model and she won.”

Kim: “I didn’t know she was a supermodel.”

Sheree: “...Is that considered ‘super’?” I DIE! ?

Edited by link417
Because iPhone.
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 11/9/2017 at 1:24 PM, cooksdelight said:

I can't sit through an entire episode anymore, so I get it.  Bits and pieces are all that I can take. 

The stuff that comes out of their mouths is just too trashy for me.   I also have a really hard time with them worrying so much about having a man in their lives and how they are so hung up on having fancy stuff.  And the over-the-top shrieking and fighting is unbearable.  I try to keep an open mind and consider the circumstances of how these women were raised, but everyone has their limits. 

Many of these shows have had their moments of toxicity.  The last few years with Phaedra and even this season without Phaedra have moved ATL into that zone.  They need a re-do.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Jextella said:

I can't sit through an entire episode anymore, so I get it.  Bits and pieces are all that I can take. 

The stuff that comes out of their mouths is just too trashy for me.   I also have a really hard time with them worrying so much about having a man in their lives and how they are so hung up on having fancy stuff.  And the over-the-top shrieking and fighting is unbearable.  I try to keep an open mind and consider the circumstances of how these women were raised, but everyone has their limits. 

Many of these shows have had their moments of toxicity.  The last few years with Phaedra and even this season without Phaedra have moved ATL into that zone.  They need a re-do.

I get the impression Andy feels as if the fix all solution is to keep bringing back former RH.  I didn't raise the ratings all that much for NY, I don't think bringing Nene, Sheree and Kim back is the cure all.  Nene and Kim came back and expected some kind of red carpet welcome.  

The present cast is so large is just doesn't resonate any longer.  

• Love 4
22 hours ago, BBHN said:

Bringing back former HWs hasn't really boosted the ratings for any branch that did it. NY, Atlanta, OC, and New Jersey.

How many times can you re-do the re-do?

On 3/3/2018 at 5:16 AM, artisto said:

How many times can you re-do the re-do?

Apparently at Bravo until the show is cancelled.  There may just come a time when the formula gets so tired that watching a different person, or group of people, do the same thing in a different city.

Now it is all about the trip.    How many groups of women travel half way around the world with acquaintances for four days and spend most of the time fighting?  

I enjoyed the shows far more when the husbands were involved.  Granted NY has no husbands, Teresa of NJ husband is in prison, Apparently Gregg and Kroy Atlanta husbands are barred from speaking and relegated to driving their own Miss Daisies.  I don't think they need to rent a man so they can film with the couples but let see more of couples socializing.    

• Love 7
On 3/13/2018 at 3:09 AM, WireWrap said:

Andy posted on Feb 25th and again this past Sunday (I guess he didn't get many question) that the Atl. reunion is filming soon, so get your questions in. 

According to his Instastory their filming right now.

• Love 1