Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Regency Bar

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

The colors are so lush. Is it really that beautiful there?

Right???  I wanted to name the forum "Made in Mexico-Real Housewives on Mescaline", but realized that it would be misunderstood.  It's so well shot - clearly, they have a talented crew.

• Love 3
On 9/22/2018 at 2:23 PM, KungFuBunny said:

You're welcome wq...always spreading the lurve for you

awt5mVZ.gif

When my Grandson was born, I bought him a packet of a blanket, pillow and dog in Costco.  He’s four now and has to have that blanket and “Pup” wherever he goes.  I should have bought two or three.  He goes to sleep just like this kitty. So cute.  This kitty acts human.

• Love 4
On 10/2/2018 at 10:38 PM, OldButHappy said:

If anyone else is so sick of all of the Bravo Housewives that they can't sit through a whole episode...but miss the feeling of getting a look inside groups of people (that none of us would actually want as friends):

Watch "Made in Mexico" on Netflix.  Brand new.

I started a forum for it because there's just.so.much.going.on.  I need y'all to help me sort through it.  My forum description:

From Netflix:  "These Mexico City socialites may lead opulent lives, but a peek behind the curtain reveals a tangled web of intrigue, envy and personal struggles.... Step into the world of Mexico City's socialites and revel in the drama."

Two episodes in:  The visual production is incredibly vibrant, and I'm interested in learning more about this group of young socialites.

Lots of backstory and production rumors make it all the more interesting....

I’m not too familiar with Netflix .. tried it and saw all the movies more than once.  What else is on there .. series .. anything interesting?  Do you watch it on t.v. Or on the I pad?  I’m old school and not up to date.

2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I’m not too familiar with Netflix .. tried it and saw all the movies more than once.  What else is on there .. series .. anything interesting?  Do you watch it on t.v. Or on the I pad?  I’m old school and not up to date.

I am old school too. My brother brought me a firestick because I have been pretty sick and stuck in the house. I love it! Netflix has some great series that they have produced ( The Ranch, Grace and Frankie) and a ton of tv shows from everywhere. I love anything British and have found a lot to watch. I watch it on my tv. You can also stream Hulu for a small fee and they have some great stuff too. Enjoy!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Reality police said:

I am old school too. My brother brought me a firestick because I have been pretty sick and stuck in the house. I love it! Netflix has some great series that they have produced ( The Ranch, Grace and Frankie) and a ton of tv shows from everywhere. I love anything British and have found a lot to watch. I watch it on my tv. You can also stream Hulu for a small fee and they have some great stuff too. Enjoy!

Thanks.  Have to try some new things and will have to ask the kids how everything works.  Me and the husband are stupid when it comes to electronics.  I’ve been in housealso, except to doctors as we were in bad car accident and have a zillion injuries.  T.V. Is my life.  I noticed Bravo isn’t even putting shows on demand.  I like to watch some twice.  They are getting lazy.  BTW, what is a firestick?  (See what I mean, stupid).

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Thanks.  Have to try some new things and will have to ask the kids how everything works.  Me and the husband are stupid when it comes to electronics.  I’ve been in housealso, except to doctors as we were in bad car accident and have a zillion injuries.  T.V. Is my life.  I noticed Bravo isn’t even putting shows on demand.  I like to watch some twice.  They are getting lazy.  BTW, what is a firestick?  (See what I mean, stupid).

Amazon makes it. It connects the internet to your tv. You can get different streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Britbox, YouTube and many others, some free, some cost. It's easy to control, by voice or remote. You will love it. 

Sorry about your accident, hope you both are progressing well. I understand about being housebound, I am just starting to get out to go to game night with friends and sometimes dinner. The firestick has made such a difference for me. Not having to watch only reruns all summer. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Reality police said:

Amazon makes it. It connects the internet to your tv. You can get different streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Britbox, YouTube and many others, some free, some cost. It's easy to control, by voice or remote. You will love it. 

Sorry about your accident, hope you both are progressing well. I understand about being housebound, I am just starting to get out to go to game night with friends and sometimes dinner. The firestick has made such a difference for me. Not having to watch only reruns all summer. 

Thanks, and sorry for you also.  I’ve always wondered about the internet and t.v.  Sounds good.  Hope you are coming along better too.  You may have opened a new world for me.  Xo

• Love 5
On 10/4/2018 at 9:10 AM, Gem 10 said:

When my Grandson was born, I bought him a packet of a blanket, pillow and dog in Costco.  He’s four now and has to have that blanket and “Pup” wherever he goes.  I should have bought two or three.  He goes to sleep just like this kitty. So cute.  This kitty acts human.

Oh, my gosh. This kitty is the sweetest. And I am not even fond of cats.  

• Love 3
On October 4, 2018 at 8:43 AM, Reality police said:

I love Amazon prime selection also.   Since I have always watched British shows/ movies I subscribe to Acorn thru Amazon for 4.99 a month.  Not only British but Australian series.  

There are many series and movies made for Amazon. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Unreadable
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Bwahahaha - I'm off kilter today

I never know what fuckin' day it is, so when I saw your prezzie, I immediately went looking on my DVR for my Sunday night shows, thinking I'd somehow missed the Saturday night recordings between heavy naps and The Walking Dead/Criminal Minds marathons.  Now I have pit bulls, wolves and Dr. Oakley to look forward to.  Thanks, KFB!  :-D

• Love 4
6 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I love Amazon prime selection also.   Since I have always watched British shows/ movies I subscribe to Acorn thru Amazon for 4.99 a month.  Not only British but Australian series.  

There are many series and movies made for Amazon. 

I just finished McLeod's Daughters and the Dr Blake Mysteries. Love them both.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Reality police said:

I hadn't heard of McCloud Sisters and looked it up , so you rent it or buy the whole season from Amazon?

I loved The Indian Doctor ( 3 seasons) The Heart Guy, Midsummer Murders , Good Karma Hospital etc. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Reality police said:

Does Acorn have a wide selection?  I already have Netflix and don’t want to pay for Hulu, but $4.99 per month might be worth it for Brit and Aussie shows (love Dr Blake).

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

Does Acorn have a wide selection?  I already have Netflix and don’t want to pay for Hulu, but $4.99 per month might be worth it for Brit and Aussie shows (love Dr Blake).

I watched McLeod's on hulu. I don't have acorn but looking into it. Price seems right. 

Since you love Blake have you seen him do Dr Frankenfurter  in Aussie Rocky Horror? Wow! 

Love Midsummer Murders.

Edited by Reality police
  • Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:06 PM, Reality police said:

Just noticed Acorn has an annual subscription of $49.99, saving 2 months' worth of charges...… must investigate more.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

Just noticed Acorn has an annual subscription of $49.99, saving 2 months' worth of charges...… must investigate more.

1 hour ago, Reality police said:

Sounds good. 

Sounds like a hundred+ cans of cat food or almost 2/3 of a bottle of kitty insulin to me.  :-)  :-(

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, SCS said:

Our local news out here is devoting time to the limo accident in upstate NY that killed 20 people. What a terrible, heartbreaking story.

Horrible, what should have been a celebration turned to tragedy. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Ellee said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/teacher-who-recounted-trump-aide-eating-glue-as-a-child-is-suspended/ar-BBOhGXf?li=BBnbfcL

Seriously?!!?  Teacher, 72, on home assignment for what????  Telling tales about eating glue in the third grade?  Who didn't at one age or another?

This is all kinds of wrong in my eyes. 

We never ate glue.  But we did play with mercury balls.  Seriously, real honest-to-gawd- mercury - with bare hands.  And we're somehow still alive .

(I know, right!!!?)

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

We never ate glue.  But we did play with mercury balls.  Seriously, real honest-to-gawd- mercury - with bare hands.  And we're somehow still alive .

(I know, right!!!?)

Mad Hatter actually started off as Mad as a Hatter. They used to treat the camel hair with a mercury based solvent to create superior felt. The hat makers handled the mercury and went cuckoo. Not sure if the buyers of the felt hats suffered any issues.

Japan lost an entire caste - the makeup that was used by upper society was a white based power which was made with mercury and lead. This was passed onto their fetuses and the children were further damaged drinking breast milk.

How the heck did you have access to mercury?

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Ellee said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/teacher-who-recounted-trump-aide-eating-glue-as-a-child-is-suspended/ar-BBOhGXf?li=BBnbfcL

Seriously?!!?  Teacher, 72, on home assignment for what????  Telling tales about eating glue in the third grade?  Who didn't at one age or another?

This is all kinds of wrong in my eyes. 

Seriously is right - politics aside, I think the eating of glue as a child is probably very bipartisan (the kid who didn’t try  it was actually the weirdo in my school). what happened to judging a person on their actions and behavior as an adult? 

I grew up in a great country where as rational individuals we were allowed to have different opinions and perspectives where we could learn and grow from each other experiences while respecting other people who disagreed with us. I am seriously concerned we’re going to lose our greatness

• Love 5
1 minute ago, KungFuBunny said:

That's insane!

So she just happened to have a jar of this at home...that's a scary thought

Everyone did.  Thermometers used to be filled with - wait for it - mercury.

And that cool liquid/semi-solid stuff was magical to play with ... it separated into little balls that automatically fused back together like nothing you've ever seen outside of a Terminator movie.

No signs of early onset dementia - YET (but how would I know?).  ;-)

• Love 8
1 minute ago, walnutqueen said:

Everyone did.  Thermometers used to be filled with - wait for it - mercury.

And that cool liquid/semi-solid stuff was magical to play with ... it separated into little balls that automatically fused back together like nothing you've ever seen outside of a Terminator movie.

No signs of early onset dementia - YET (but how would I know?).  ;-)

It's one thing to have a jar of old thermometers and another to have one filled with mercury.

The first emperor of China searched for the "fountain of youth/immortality". He actually ingested mercury as recommended by a doctor to achieve this goal

• Love 3

Lol ... I didn’t mean eat a whole bottle of glue. :D   

My initial reaction was the woman is 72 years old ... still teaching grade schoolers ... and admin benches her for saying a kid ate glue ... and it makes headlines because of the ‘kid’ she was talking about.   The changes that have happened in the school system from the time this woman started her career until now ... wow ... and she is still there.  I’m making more assumptions than I have facts (and maybe I’m too sensitive right now) but ‘they’ have just reduced her career to ‘the teacher who talked about a kid decades later’ instead of saying thank you for the decades of teaching our children.  Her career was longer than Glue kid has been alive.  

And even if it was time to retire, there were other ways to accomplish this.  

Am I making something out of nothing?  

(going to go look at KFB’s gifs now .... )

ETA:  Maybe I’m too old school  (insert eye roll thingie here  :D  )

Edited by Ellee
  • Love 5
On 10/8/2018 at 9:10 PM, SCS said:

Our local news out here is devoting time to the limo accident in upstate NY that killed 20 people. What a terrible, heartbreaking story.

OMG .. a Mother lost four daughters at once.  Unimaginable.  I’ve had a nervous stomach all week reading the newspapers.  Now the hurricane.  Do they say how they died?  Was it a gas leak that caused fumes in the limo?

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Wait, we’re talking about paste, right?

I mean, I wouldn’t frost a cake with it, but ....

Yeppers.   Lol ... do they even make Elmer’s glue anymore?  I’m too lazy to look it up. I can’t remember the last time I had to buy any.  And I’m old. Really old.  ?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Ellee said:

Yeppers.   Lol ... do they even make Elmer’s glue anymore?  I’m too lazy to look it up. I can’t remember the last time I had to buy any.  And I’m old. Really old.  ?

They still stock Elmer’s glue, but I think that schools have replaced the paste with glue sticks, that look like big lip balms/Chapstick. 

• Love 3

@LucindaWalsh   You’ve definitely have given me something to think about.  

And I have to tell you I’ve become a very cynical woman through the years.  Somehow ... for some reason ... I think it was just the musings of a teacher ... Glue kid is 33 (?) year’s old so it happened 25 years ago.   

I kind of hope that Glue kid takes the ball and runs with it and sends her flowers in an Elmer’s Glue pot and thanks her for being there in his formative years.  :D

On another front, I’m finding it amazing that the sap in me is coming out today. :D

15 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

They still stock Elmer’s glue, but I think that schools have replaced the paste with glue sticks, that look like big lip balms/Chapstick. 

giggling ... I’m glad you said this.  I’ll look twice now before I put Chapstick on. 

• Love 4

That teacher was very wrong to reveal that.  It's probably time for her to retire .   I volunteered for 4 years in a state funded  preschool and never saw a child eat Elmer's.   Now when I went to school in the horse and buggy days paste was in a gallon plastic jar that we used  wooden depressor  type  sticks to remove it.    It had a mint scent and I do recall seeing kids taste it. . Not me , I was a very picky eater wouldn't even think about it.

Ellee  I don't think the very weird creep adult glue eater Stephen Miller will be sending anyone flowers  more like burn a cross on her Santa Monica lawn . 

• Love 3

Calling KFB... calling KFB!!!

In honor of our current topic of glue and glue adjacent —-  do you have a clue where I’d find Kelly eating glue?  Think it was an old stoopidhousewives pic.   

If not, no biggie.  I giggled just thinking about it. :D

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ellee said:

In honor of our current topic of glue and glue adjacent —-  do you have a clue where I’d find Kelly eating glue?  Think it was an old stoopidhousewives pic.   

OH my gosh refresh my memory I don't recall that ! With or without gummy bears? 

2 hours ago, Ellee said:

3 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

OH my gosh refresh my memory I don't recall that ! With or without gummy bears? 

Years ago, before Snapchat and Instagram - there was/is someone with the Twitter handle of MickeyMouth1 who did the most awesome RH art.

She did many photos, the one Ellee is talking about is Kelly Bensimone sitting on a beach with a bucket between her legs. The bucket is Elmer's Glue and she has a big grin on her face, holding the wooden popsicle dipper in one hand.

Here's a GIF from the Simpsons

tumblr_otw2sr2sKM1vbcnq8o1_500.gif

• Love 5