Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Regency Bar

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

You're right about the fire hazard. Hmm....I wonder if the apt opens up into someone's else's apt.  So, it's more like a room you are renting in another's apartment. 

Yes, it does. The second, connecting apartment is the mini fridge. Inside there, a third apartment aka a medium sized Tupperware container with a flip top lid.  Cozy! Air conditioned!

I like how the landlord is so cheap he does two birds/one stone with the bunkbeds. I mean, seriously, you cant build a shelf? If I'm going to be sleeping underneath my refrigerator, at least give me the dignity and security of a couple of two by fours and a sheet of good one side plywood, that, unlike a metal bed frame, does not conduct electricity very well.

• Love 1

To me, the mini apt/room for rent would have made more sense if they had the bed made into the wall. It folds down for sleeping. I think years ago they were called Murphy beds, so it would fold up for the day and you could use the floor space for dining, watching tv or working on your laptop.  Then, at night, the chairs slide to the corner and you pull the bed down to sleep.  It might not be ideal, but, it beats the bunk bed idea, imo. 

On 8/24/2018 at 7:31 AM, bosawks said:

I don't live in NYC (Yo Philly!) but I am a theatre loving bitch and two places I adore are:

Casellula, a cheese-focused wine bar, 401 W 52nd St., Hell's Kitchen area

Barn Joo 35, a Korean gastropub, 34 W 35th St., a little north of Korea Town not far from Macy's and the Empire State Building. 

ETA: Actually it's more like Yo, South Jersey...

Thank you, Bosawks! They both sound great and right up our alley. I mean a cheese-focused wine bar, what's not to love and a Korean Gastropub, so close to our hotel. Awesomeness, thank you!

On 8/24/2018 at 8:38 AM, stewedsquash said:

@Jel I have no clue about NYC but I have been watching Mind Of A Chef at my son's house while the kidster is napping on my lap and if I ever get a chance to go to Prune I would be happy.

https://prunerestaurant.com/

https://www.yelp.com/biz/prune-new-york

eta yelp link since the prune link seems wonky

Thank you stewedsquash! I will look into that -- looks good.

• Love 2
On 8/24/2018 at 11:30 AM, KungFuBunny said:

Jel:

It would help if you tell me what kind of food you prefer and how adventurous are you with food? Carole like or Bethenny like. Are there kids coming along this trip?

If you delay the trip for a few weeks and come mid September you can hit the San Gennarro feast in Little Italy.

Even if you don't, Little Italy is a good spot. Chinatown is also another good spot - but again I'm not going to suggest any specific places if you don't like X type of food.

If you can do a romp of RHONY night spots - you'd have a blast - I don't know if you'd bump into any HWs though

Jue Lan Club

Megu

The Regency

Beautique

Le Bilboquet

Here's a link of Festivals - not sure the date so you can click on August or September

https://www.events12.com/newyork/

I'd recommend you ask your concierge on where to go get tickets for Jimmy Fallon Show or any of the morning shows - they have free tickets they dispense early in the mornings.

Thanks so much for this, KFB! We are going with another couple and we can't change the date, although it does sound wonderful. I'd say we all fall more on  the Bethenny side of the food adventurousness spectrum. Chinatown and Little Italy are must-dos. I would like to avoid the "Hard Rock Cafe" and "Memphis BBQ" (in NY) tourist kind of traps, looking for authentic NYC/old school deli, something interesting and different, but don't need anything cool or trendy.  (They probably wouldn't let me in anywhere cool or trendy anyway, not with my sketchers and costco pants ;)

I'm the only HW fan in the group, and while my husband could be talked into it, the friends can't. I'm hoping to work some HW time in while they visit the museum of Natural History. And if we just HAPPEN to go into a place for a drink and it just HAPPENS to be one I have heard is so, so, so great, and also happens to be a HW spot, I mean where's the harm?

I am so sorry about taking so long to say thank you -- somehow I missed all of these kind posts. I BLAME SASHA! ;)  That Hockey Crush story is so compelling I somehow missed your helpful posts.  And thank you for not being a bunch of Dorindas, but lemme just say, thank you very much! And YOU SAVED THE NYC TRIP!!!

• Love 4

Thanks Mindthinkr :)

I wholeheartedly agree about the Museum of Natural History, but we did that one a couple of years ago, so i feel okay about missing it this trip, especially if I get to see a real hw in her natural habitat in trade. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jel said:

Thanks so much for this, KFB! We are going with another couple and we can't change the date, although it does sound wonderful. I'd say we all fall more on  the Bethenny side of the food adventurousness spectrum. Chinatown and Little Italy are must-dos. I would like to avoid the "Hard Rock Cafe" and "Memphis BBQ" (in NY) tourist kind of traps, looking for authentic NYC/old school deli, something interesting and different, but don't need anything cool or trendy.  (They probably wouldn't let me in anywhere cool or trendy anyway, not with my sketchers and costco pants ;)

I'm the only HW fan in the group, and while my husband could be talked into it, the friends can't. I'm hoping to work some HW time in while they visit the museum of Natural History. And if we just HAPPEN to go into a place for a drink and it just HAPPENS to be one I have heard is so, so, so great, and also happens to be a HW spot, I mean where's the harm?

I am so sorry about taking so long to say thank you -- somehow I missed all of these kind posts. I BLAME SASHA! ;)  That Hockey Crush story is so compelling I somehow missed your helpful posts.  And thank you for not being a bunch of Dorindas, but lemme just say, thank you very much! And YOU SAVED THE NYC TRIP!!!

You're welcome Jel!

So here are my recommendations:

Chinatown:

If you are adventurous enough to try Dim Sum sort of like brunch best time to go is between 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM try Jing Fong at 20 Elizabeth Street. They will have ladies with trolley carts and you point. Then they stamp you bill. At the end they tally up the stamps on your bill for your total. You should be able to ask them what it is - what type of meat. The dish sizes are like what you get at a Tapas Bar. Last time I went there were 7 of us and we pigged out with tip it ran about $120

For lunch or dinner

Wo Hop - they have 2 addresses 17 Mott which is in the basement or I think 21 Mott which is a few stores down and on the main level. True story - if you go to Wo Hop and you look across the street you will see a place called Chinatown Fair. Toddler KFB  LOVED LOVED LOVED that place. There was a ride that looked like a ferris wheel. I mean it was little - red acrylic seat for one - for 10 cents. Toddler KFB wanted to go there every time Mama KFB took her into Chinatown to run errands. Toddler KFB had some sort of Potassium or Vitamin K deficiency – Toddler KFB had to go to the doctor in Chinatown every week for a shot in her Bunny Ass. Mama KFB promised Toddler KFB a ride every time she got a shot. Mama KFB tricked her! After the 3rd shot/visit – still no ferris wheel ride. On the 4th visit, Toddler KFB refused to drop her drawers and declared she was never ever ever ever coming back and Mama KFB you should be ashamed of yourself! So Mama KFB walked Toddler KFB over to Chinatown Fair and let her ride ten times ($1.00) and took her back to the doctor for a shot, and then walked Toddler KFB back to Chinatown Fair for another 10 rides. The End.

Shanghai Joe’s – it is a tourist spot and a favorite of locals – they specialize in soup dumplings – steamed or fried. They are at 9 Pell Street (this is a narrow crooked street) where they’ve filmed many movie scenes (cobblestone street) They also have a location in Midtown at 24 West 56th Street which might be closer to your hotel. A little bit more pricey.

Little Italy – which is right in the middle of Chinatown – lots of restaurants most located on Mulberry Street.

Il Palazzo located at 151 Mulberry or Da Nico 164 Mulberry. I think both have outdoor space in the back as well as the front if you prefer.

Also stop over by Ferraro Bakery right around the corner from the restaurants above on Mulberry. They are located at 195 Grand Street. Great gelato or cake by the slice, pignoli cookies, rainbow cookies, famous for their canolis, sfogliatelle, hot cross buns, coffee, cappuccino.

If you can work in a Museum trip – go to the Guggenheim located at 1071 5th Avenue. I’m only saying this because you’ll be closer to Dorinda and Ramona as this is on the UES.  It’s on 89th street. Maybe on your way to the museum you can take a nice stroll by Madam Paulette (1255 2nd Avenue) I think its by 65th Street. You can do a few rails with John and you’ll have the energy to run to the Guggenheim.

Hope you have tons of fun!!! I want to know how it goes when you get back

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

You're welcome Jel!

Chinatown:

If you are adventurous enough to try Dim Sum sort of like brunch best time to go is between 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM try Jing Fong at 20 Elizabeth Street. They will have ladies with trolley carts and you point. Then they stamp you bill. At the end they tally up the stamps on your bill for your total. You should be able to ask them what it is - what type of meat. The dish sizes are like what you get at a Tapas Bar. Last time I went there were 7 of us and we pigged out with tip it ran about $120

For lunch or dinner

Wo Hop - they have 2 addresses 17 Mott which is in the basement or I think 21 Mott which is a few stores down and on the main level. True story - if you go to Wo Hop and you look across the street you will see a place called Chinatown Fair. Toddler KFB  LOVED LOVED LOVED that place. There was a ride that looked like a ferris wheel. I mean it was little - red acrylic seat for one - for 10 cents. Toddler KFB wanted to go there every time Mama KFB took her into Chinatown to run errands. Toddler KFB had some sort of Potassium or Vitamin K deficiency – Toddler KFB had to go to the doctor in Chinatown every week for a shot in her Bunny Ass. Mama KFB promised Toddler KFB a ride every time she got a shot. Mama KFB tricked her! After the 3rd shot/visit – still no ferris wheel ride. On the 4th visit, Toddler KFB refused to drop her drawers and declared she was never ever ever ever coming back and Mama KFB you should be ashamed of yourself! So Mama KFB walked Toddler KFB over to Chinatown Fair and let her ride ten times ($1.00) and took her back to the doctor for a shot, and then walked Toddler KFB back to Chinatown Fair for another 10 rides. The End.

Shanghai Joe’s – it is a tourist spot and a favorite of locals – they specialize in soup dumplings – steamed or fried. They are at 9 Pell Street (this is a narrow crooked street) where they’ve filmed many movie scenes (cobblestone street) They also have a location in Midtown at 24 West 56th Street which might be closer to your hotel. A little bit more pricey.

Little Italy – which is right in the middle of Chinatown – lots of restaurants most located on Mulberry Street.

Il Palazzo located at 151 Mulberry or Da Nico 164 Mulberry. I think both have outdoor space in the back as well as the front if you prefer.

Also stop over by Ferraro Bakery right around the corner from the restaurants above on Mulberry. They are located at 195 Grand Street. Great gelato or cake by the slice, pignoli cookies, rainbow cookies, famous for their canolis, sfogliatelle, hot cross buns, coffee, cappuccino.

If you can work in a Museum trip – go to the Guggenheim located at 1071 5th Avenue. I’m only saying this because you’ll be closer to Dorinda and Ramona as this is on the UES.  It’s on 89th street. Maybe on your way to the museum you can take a nice stroll by Madam Paulette (1255 2nd Avenue) I think its by 65th Street. You can do a few rails with John and you’ll have the energy to run to the Guggenheim.

This is so great and helpful, KFB! Thank you so much :) 

We will definitely visit the Guggenheim and the Met and the MoMA, plus a whole bunch of NTC tourist must dos, like the Empire State Bldg and the Statue of Liberty. And a day long bus tour (the people we are traveling with are hard core -- touristing from day to night). I would love to stop by Mme Paulette's though -- I'll be all 80s "cool" with my, "Hey Johnny, is it snowing back there?" He'll be all, "Who are you?' Then I'll ask how much it is to launder two pairs of Costco pants. 

Those restaurants sound great, too. We'll be there for five days, so should have many chances. Can you recommend a deli, with a great pastrami sandwich? And is the cro-nut still a thing?

Your baby bunny story is adorable -- glad to know Mama KFB made it right. Toddler KFB reminds me of my own toddler, who'd ask me why he had to eat something I had made for dinner. I'd explain why and then he'd ask me, very curiously, very sincerely, "But why does it have to taste so terrible?I ended up changing my menus.  Go moms!

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Jel said:

This is so great and helpful, KFB! Thank you so much :) 

We will definitely visit the Guggenheim and the Met and the MoMA, plus a whole bunch of NTC tourist must dos, like the Empire State Bldg and the Statue of Liberty. And a day long bus tour (the people we are traveling with are hard core -- touristing from day to night). I would love to stop by Mme Paulette's though -- I'll be all 80s "cool" with my, "Hey Johnny, is it snowing back there?" He'll be all, "Who are you?' Then I'll ask how much it is to launder two pairs of Costco pants. 

Those restaurants sound great, too. We'll be there for five days, so should have many chances. Can you recommend a deli, with a great pastrami sandwich? And is the cro-nut still a thing?

Your baby bunny story is adorable -- glad to know Mama KFB made it right. Toddler KFB reminds me of my own toddler, who'd ask me why he had to eat something I had made for dinner. I'd explain why and then he'd ask me, very curiously, very sincerely, "But why does it have to taste so terrible?I ended up changing my menus.  Go moms!

I hope Dorinda isn't there for your sake because you won't be able to thank her enough. Prepare to hear Dorinda say yoo ungrayful ow ov tao nah cozcopans wer ring tor ritz.

Great Pastrami - several places

Katz's Delicatessan this is downtown by the Williamsburg bridge. 205 East Houston. You go there and you're close to Zarin Fabrics (69 Orchard Street)

2nd Avenue Deli - 162 east 33rd Street - really good soups too.

There is another place close to the 2nd Avenue Deli called Veselka (144 2nd Avenue) It a Ukranian Deli - great pierogies

The Cronut still exists - Dominique Ansel Bakery located at 189 Spring Street - call them before you make a trip 212-219-2773. When people were going nuts - people were pre-ordering/paying for them. I don't want you going there and they run out. They cost about $6 each.

Yes Mama KFB made it right. She loved retelling that story throughout my life.

Mama Jell made it right for her boy too. Go Moms!

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 7

Katz's Deli is the best.   Just thinking about it is making me hungry.

Fun Fact:   Katz's Deli is where they filmed the famous Meg Ryan/Billy Crystal "I'll have what she's having" scene in When Harry Met Sally.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 9

Thanks KFB! and AnnA! -- Katz's it is. (I think Jim Gaffigan eats there; he does on his show anyway. I think.) 2nd Avenue for backup. I'm an easy going travel buddy, but everyone knows we have to go to a deli. The foot came down on that one.

I will try to get a cronut, though I have a secret fear it's what we in Canada call a cruller, which is available day and night at every Tim Hortons across Canada. (I did see it on the Jim Gaffigan show -- it came individually wrapped in its own box! So fancy!)

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Jel said:

I will try to get a cronut, though I have a secret fear it's what we in Canada call a cruller, which is available day and night at every Tim Hortons across Canada. (I did see it on the Jim Gaffigan show -- it came individually wrapped in its own box! So fancy!)

For six bucks it should be!

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

Just because it never gets old :

Oh My! The leg, the faces on the people in the room. Everyone was laughing at Aviva. I wonder how many times she practiced that and what kind of reaction did she expect?

Too funny, thanks for the memories, Diane.

• Love 1

Hockey crush has been emailing me in Vegas; sent me pics of his mom enjoying herself.  And then sent me this:

Hockey Crush:  Also besides a stick & shoot,  we need to play some golf and by golf I mean drink like it’s our job and ram stuff with the golf cart but also so I can see you in a golf outfit

Awwwww!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

For six bucks it should be!

Six Bucks was what it was when they first came out.

It's probably a lot more now.

Yes I was one of the fools that stood on line at the crack of dawn to get it. We were Sheeple

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Yes I was one of the fools that stood on line at the crack of dawn to get it. We were Sheeple

Well, last summer I stood in a long line of people, just dying (in the 90 degree heat) to try an iconic corn dog on a stick, so....

Our fancy donut place charges three bucks for a donut, which I think is highway robbery. However, they are made to order. It's an assembly line, like Subway. You get to choose your type of donut - yeast raised, cake, cruller, etc. Then you choose your frosting or glaze. And then pick from dozens of drizzles and toppings. Mine was a cake donut with milk chocolate frosting, drizzled with marshmallow glaze and topped with crushed graham cracker. S'more-ish!

It was delicious, but as Carole would say, it was a lot. Ate half for breakfast and the other half for dessert. And my sugar fix was fulfilled for a week.  No lie.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

Well, last summer I stood in a long line of people, just dying (in the 90 degree heat) to try an iconic corn dog on a stick, so....

Our fancy donut place charges three bucks for a donut, which I think is highway robbery. However, they are made to order. It's an assembly line, like Subway. You get to choose your type of donut - yeast raised, cake, cruller, etc. Then you choose your frosting or glaze. And then pick from dozens of drizzles and toppings. Mine was a cake donut with milk chocolate frosting, drizzled with marshmallow glaze and topped with crushed graham cracker. S'more-ish!

It was delicious, but as Carole would say, it was a lot. Ate half for breakfast and the other half for dessert. And my sugar fix was fulfilled for a week.  No lie.

Lightweight! 

;)

2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Six Bucks was what it was when they first came out.

It's probably a lot more now.

Is it like a cruller -- like a donut made with a choux pastry? wait...No, no...don't tell me. I will investigate this, for the good of the forum! 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Jel said:

Lightweight! 

;)

Is it like a cruller -- like a donut made with a choux pastry? wait...No, no...don't tell me. I will investigate this, for the good of the forum! 

It's a donut made with Puff Pastry. I think you should "verify" - it might take 2, 3, 4, or 5 tries just to be sure

• Love 7
1 minute ago, KungFuBunny said:

It's a donut made with Puff Pastry. I think you should "verify" - it might take 2, 3, 4, or 5 tries just to be sure

Excellent point KFB, you can't run an experiment like this with only one trial. And obviously I'll also have to do side by side comparisons with American crullers.

It's for science people, science. And for you. I imagine you're already working on the thank you banner?

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Jel said:

Excellent point KFB, you can't run an experiment like this with only one trial. And obviously I'll also have to do side by side comparisons with American crullers.

It's for science people, science. And for you. I imagine you're already working on the thank you banner?

Ummmmm.....

I don't have a thank you banner

PnR.gif

But, but, but, but I will have a red carpet, a step and repeat, and Shed Media waiting for your arrival

• Love 3

Who needs Mom's closet?  I happen to have hat boxes, real (fugly) hats and lovely hat pins.  And a shitpile of other old stuff I happen to think is very cool, both from my family and the estate sales & auctions I used to frequent, back in the day.  My "collections" are quite eclectic.   I call them collections, but most would just call them useless hoards.  ;-)

I'm 63 (is that considered old?), but my body feels like 83, and my mind feels like 13 some days.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Who needs Mom's closet?  I happen to have hat boxes, real (fugly) hats and lovely hat pins.  And a shitpile of other old stuff I happen to think is very cool, both from my family and the estate sales & auctions I used to frequent, back in the day.  My "collections" are quite eclectic.   I call them collections, but most would just call them useless hoards.  ;-)

I'm 63 (is that considered old?), but my body feels like 83, and my mind feels like 13 some days.

I'm jealous, I love anything "old stuff". Maybe because I'm old stuff myself, close to your age. I had to size down in my house so had a difficult time letting go of some of my treasures. I let myself keep one large box, and I love everything in it.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 3
On 8/28/2018 at 10:43 AM, sasha206 said:

Hockey crush has been emailing me in Vegas; sent me pics of his mom enjoying herself.  And then sent me this:

Hockey Crush:  Also besides a stick & shoot,  we need to play some golf and by golf I mean drink like it’s our job and ram stuff with the golf cart but also so I can see you in a golf outfit

Awwwww!

I said, "ooOoOoOh!" while reading this. So cute! I have to admit, @sasha206, sometimes I come to this thread as a sort of palate cleanser after reading some of the other threads where people start getting a leetle too obsessed and/or argumentative. I always hope you have an update, and more often times than not when you do it's better than watching the episode! Hahaha! Thanks for sharing :D

• Love 3
11 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

You are my eclectic sister. I am just a year younger. I have the largest collection of useless stuff.

• Love 2

Anyone watching the Aretha Franklin tribute? Our local news has been cutting back and forth -- right now Smokey R is speaking. Gotta have a wee clearly-she's-young-and-I'm-turning-into-my- great-granny vent here: Ariana Grande just performed "...Nat'l Woman" wearing what looked to be cocktail party attire --think mid-thigh length, deep cleavage, and sky-high spike heels. Just too too much -- IMO -- for a memorial tribute, even a H'wood one. On a lighter note, she pranced about in front of Al Sharpton, Jesse Jax and Bill Clinton. Al looked bored, Jesse looked confused,  and Bill looked horny and happy like his Christmas present arrived early.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, SCS said:

Anyone watching the Aretha Franklin tribute? Our local news has been cutting back and forth -- right now Smokey R is speaking. Gotta have a wee clearly-she's-young-and-I'm-turning-into-my- great-granny vent here: Ariana Grande just performed "...Nat'l Woman" wearing what looked to be cocktail party attire --think mid-thigh length, deep cleavage, and sky-high spike heels. Just too too much -- IMO -- for a memorial tribute, even a H'wood one. On a lighter note, she pranced about in front of Al Sharpton, Jesse Jax and Bill Clinton. Al looked bored, Jesse looked confused,  and Bill looked horny and happy like his Christmas present arrived early.

Can't watch the Telly at work

Bwahahahaha

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, SCS said:

Ariana Grande just performed "...Nat'l Woman" wearing what looked to be cocktail party attire --think mid-thigh length, deep cleavage, and sky-high spike heels. Just too too much -- IMO -- for a memorial tribute, even a H'wood one. On a lighter note, she pranced about in front of Al Sharpton, Jesse Jax and Bill Clinton. Al looked bored, Jesse looked confused,  and  Bill looked horny and happy like his Christmas present arrived early.

My 84 year old mother, who is convinced that Bill Clinton has dementia, said that that was the most alert he's looked since 1999.

You are being kind in describing Ariana's dress as mid-thigh length.? damn girl, it's a funeral.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, SCS said:

"Ave Maria" being performed by Alice McAllister Tillman. Absolutely glorious.

Absolutely glorious.

Bill Clinton is speaking right now. He is still sharp, but something is going on with his speech. My husband guessed ALS.  He just lost his best friend to it - the most brilliant guy to the end but his speech was the first thing to be affected. ?

• Love 2

A story for my racoon loving board buddy:

0b499b6b1ec459906c5ece58f96f8e8a.gif

When I was younger (8 ish) I started helping my mom make har gow (shrimp dumplings) - it took a lot of work by hand but we only did this on special holidays.

My mom had this device - the only way to describe it is to picture 2 ping pong racquets with a vise at the top part of the circle of the racquet. It was made of metal and had a lever by the handle of the racquet. Anyway, you would take a spherical piece of dumpling dough and put it onto the top on the bottom racquet. then you flip the other racquet over it and use the lever. This flattened the dough into a circle and made it thin like maybe 1/8 inch thick. Then we'd stuff the center with the shrimp stuffing and ruffle edge to close it into the shape of a dumpling. Looks like this

HarGow-uncooked-2.jpg

The dough presser looked something like this but not quite:

iron-tortilla-chapati-press-roti-puri-do

Anyhoo - my first time getting a mammogram this is the first thing I thought of.  Pancake tits

My first mammogram, I had a Bitch Technician, she put the plate too high and I was on my tippy toes.

My second thought was, oh please Lawd do not let the Fire Alarm go off! I do not want EMS to find me in this position when they are evacuating the building.

The End

• Love 7
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

A story for my racoon loving board buddy:

0b499b6b1ec459906c5ece58f96f8e8a.gif

When I was younger (8 ish) I started helping my mom make har gow (shrimp dumplings) - it took a lot of work by hand but we only did this on special holidays.

My mom had this device - the only way to describe it is to picture 2 ping pong racquets with a vise at the top part of the circle of the racquet. It was made of metal and had a lever by the handle of the racquet. Anyway, you would take a spherical piece of dumpling dough and put it onto the top on the bottom racquet. then you flip the other racquet over it and use the lever. This flattened the dough into a circle and made it thin like maybe 1/8 inch thick. Then we'd stuff the center with the shrimp stuffing and ruffle edge to close it into the shape of a dumpling. Looks like this

HarGow-uncooked-2.jpg

The dough presser looked something like this but not quite:

iron-tortilla-chapati-press-roti-puri-do

Anyhoo - my first time getting a mammogram this is the first thing I thought of.  Pancake tits

My first mammogram, I had a Bitch Technician, she put the plate too high and I was on my tippy toes.

My second thought was, oh please Lawd do not let the Fire Alarm go off! I do not want EMS to find me in this position when they are evacuating the building.

The End

Oh my goodness!  A raccoon lovin' on a kitty?!?  You just topped yourself with THAT one, KFB.  I think I lurve you.  I also think Mama Raccoon may one day try to love one of my ferals she now just shares food with - perhaps in a year she doesn't have little roly poly masked babies to raise?  A grrl can only hope.

That press is like the tortilla presses one sees in Mexican restaurants around these parts.  I have soft & squishy boobs, so the mammo techs always marvel at how far they can go.  I'm like "Go ahead, just crank that sucker down until you squish them - Off".  I'm not using them at this point in my life anyways; I refuse to wear bras, and refuse to feel ashamed of the low hanging nips showing through my tees.  Don'r even get me started on nipple dots - ain't gonna happen.  ;-)

23 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Your Jeopardy moment of the day.  Answer:  This parrot and his solo cup / Question:  What is more entertaining than the Bethenny/Carole kerfuffle?

SO effin cute!  I just love me some birds.  My wild bird rehab mentor had 20+ parrots of all types & sizes, and I had ridiculously entertaining relationships with most of them.  A little Lori named Oliver used me as his solo cup - whenever he saw me he'd squeal and fly onto my head, and love, groom & rub all over my hair.  My mentor told me he was actually humping me, but I didn't care!  It was True Love, convention be damned!!!  :-)

I have a lot of True Loves in the animal kingdom - guess I really am a slut.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Oh my goodness!  A raccoon lovin' on a kitty?!?  You just topped yourself with THAT one, KFB.  I think I lurve you.  I also think Mama Raccoon may one day try to love one of my ferals she now just shares food with - perhaps in a year she doesn't have little roly poly masked babies to raise?  A grrl can only hope.

That press is like the tortilla presses one sees in Mexican restaurants around these parts.  I have soft & squishy boobs, so the mammo techs always marvel at how far they can go.  I'm like "Go ahead, just crank that sucker down until you squish them - Off".  I'm not using them at this point in my life anyways; I refuse to wear bras, and refuse to feel ashamed of the low hanging nips showing through my tees.  Don'r even get me started on nipple dots - ain't gonna happen.  ;-)

SO effin cute!  I just love me some birds.  My wild bird rehab mentor had 20+ parrots of all types & sizes, and I had ridiculously entertaining relationships with most of them.  A little Lori named Oliver used me as his solo cup - whenever he saw me he'd squeal and fly onto my head, and love, groom & rub all over my hair.  My mentor told me he was actually humping me, but I didn't care!  It was True Love, convention be damned!!!  :-)

I have a lot of True Loves in the animal kingdom - guess I really am a slut.

Sweet~

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Your Jeopardy moment of the day.  Answer:  This parrot and his solo cup / Question:  What is more entertaining than the Bethenny/Carole kerfuffle?

Love this, although I was confused for a moment by the red solo cup. I thought Kim Z had gotten more plastic surgery. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Question: What is Dorit complaining about proper Stemware?

• Love 3
7 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

walnut:

I'm always on the look out for prezzies for you. I found it with the thought of Babalu getting some love from your Reality TV watching, masked kitty food bandits.

Carole says Hi

south_park_ms__diane_choksondik_gif_by_d

• Love 3
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

walnut:

I'm always on the look out for prezzies for you. I found it with the thought of Babalu getting some love from your Reality TV watching, masked kitty food bandits.

Carole says Hi

south_park_ms__diane_choksondik_gif_by_d

KFB - you have a true gift for choosing the perfect pic or GIF for any occasion.

One of the instructions they used to give you in CPR class was to place your hands midline between the nipples.  I muttered "you'd be pumping an old lady's stomach if you did that".   ;-)

• Love 4
On 8/27/2018 at 1:35 PM, KungFuBunny said:

You're welcome Jel!

Chinatown:

For lunch or dinner

Thanks KFB! I'll need to add these to our trip planning. 

One thing I've got on my list is the Richard Meier Model Museum.

Hubby, an ex architectural student, loves his work (favorite architect) and was surprised when I told him that I found out about it from Kelly on RHoNY, one of my trash TV shows that he loves to mock. 

• Love 2

Hockey Crush is back home from Vegas!  Messaged me last night:

Hubby's home!

While in Vegas this week he writes:

HC:  We need a weekend vaca

You and me.

Me:  Where are we going?

HC:  If the bastards don’t put us on the same team we will protest week 1 with a vaca.  [we're waiting for the fall teams to be selected we don't know yet if we're on the same team]

Me:  I love the way you think.  Vacation protest baby!

Fast forward to today, he did the official "What are you doing Monday?"  So we're having lunch on Monday, doing a "stick and shoot" at the rink after, then drinks after that.   This will be the first time we're actually together w/o our hockey team around us!  So the timeline of this thing is...our team started June 9, he friend requested me July 7.  During this time, we may have only exchanged a few words on the bench but right before the last game talked about getting drinks while sitting on the bench, I sent the first email from the restaurant we are going to on Monday right before our Championship game from there (it was something like "I'd invite you here for drinks before the game, but not sure if I should corrupt our leading scorer).  So our emails began August 12.   We probably have hundreds of thousands of emails back and forth now.

• Love 4
On 8/31/2018 at 9:49 PM, ShawnaLanne said:

Conersation moved.

@Rap541 @walnutqueen

180523_3729664_You_Don_t_Support_Other_Women.jpg

On 8/31/2018 at 9:51 PM, Rap541 said:

Such a maven! :D

On 8/31/2018 at 10:37 PM, walnutqueen said:

For a second I thought that red thingy behind Ramona was a pool noodle.

Would love to know what you are talking about. I posted video which includes Ramona with her Noodles on the Ramona Thread