Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Regency Bar

• Start Topic

Lets see... I was discussing how I'd like to be hired by Bethenny to mean tweet at Carole and Shawnalanne wanted in but actually hates Carole which I felt was sullying the whole spirit of Bethenny's evil plan to direct unearned rage at Carole via anonymous tweets from people who really don't care but are accepting money from Bethenny to mean tweet for her....

Shawnalanne then said *I* don't support women, and I was like "Noted!" and then Walnut Queen was all "Wow... Just wow!".....

Basically we were making fun of the idea that Bethenny was hiring people to mean tweet for her and secretly hoping to be recruited for some of that sweet mean tweet cash bonus!

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Would love to know what you are talking about. I posted video which includes Ramona with her Noodles on the Ramona Thread

I dunno about the "Conversation moved" thing, but I lurve me some Ramona pool noodles - so much that I'm beginning to see them everywhere.  I was referring to the posted pic of Ramona in her shiny blouse & fur jacket talking on the phone, in front of a red stanchion (? post? curbside thingy) that looks like a stout pool noodle to me.  :-)

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Lets see... I was discussing how I'd like to be hired by Bethenny to mean tweet at Carole and Shawnalanne wanted in but actually hates Carole which I felt was sullying the whole spirit of Bethenny's evil plan to direct unearned rage at Carole via anonymous tweets from people who really don't care but are accepting money from Bethenny to mean tweet for her....

Shawnalanne then said *I* don't support women, and I was like "Noted!" and then Walnut Queen was all "Wow... Just wow!".....

Basically we were making fun of the idea that Bethenny was hiring people to mean tweet for her and secretly hoping to be recruited for some of that sweet mean tweet cash bonus!

3 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I dunno about the "Conversation moved" thing, but I lurve me some Ramona pool noodles - so much that I'm beginning to see them everywhere.  I was referring to the posted pic of Ramona in her shiny blouse & fur jacket talking on the phone, in front of a red stanchion (? post? curbside thingy) that looks like a stout pool noodle to me.  :-)

Since lots of it is about my Crazy Noodle can we talk about this on Ramona's thread?

I'll go post her you don't support women GIF

• Love 4
On 8/30/2018 at 3:33 AM, Happy Camper said:

Hey Walnut Queen: 

I used to love exploring my mom's closets. Hat boxes with real hats and real hatpins galore!

I wonder how old we have to be be to know what a hatpin is?

I’ve seen hat boxes and love a great hat, but I don’t know what a hat pin is. I’d love to learn :) 

• Love 2

.Basically a fancy hat back in the day needed to be pinned to your head. Hat pins themselves were often fancy accesseries. Not that I had an English grandma with an extensive hat collection.

And bitches say I don't support women! Wow. Just wow.

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 7
On 9/1/2018 at 3:54 AM, walnutqueen said:

KFB - you have a true gift for choosing the perfect pic or GIF for any occasion.

One of the instructions they used to give you in CPR class was to place your hands midline between the nipples.  I muttered "you'd be pumping an old lady's stomach if you did that".   ;-)

Actually, with how low those are, the CPR would move the woman from “no breathing” to “deep breathing,” mission accomplished! Happy ending! 

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Actually, with how low those are, the CPR would move the woman from “no breathing” to “deep breathing,” mission accomplished! Happy ending! 

The one good thing about not-ginormous boobs - they can't sag quite that low.  ;-)

• Love 7

I knew a guy that referred to deflated, aged, saggy breasts as "jalapeno pepper breasts"... And then there's the joke about the young woman that got a rose bud tattooed on her breast, because she knew she'd end up with a long stemmed rose.

Edited by SweetieDarling
is it long stem or long stemmed?
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

.Basically a fancy hat back in the day needed to be pinned to your head. Hat pins themselves were often fancy accesseries. Not that I had an English grandma with an extensive hat collection.

And bitches say I don't support women! Wow. Just wow.

Thank you for the lesson, and the support! 

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I knew a guy that referred to deflated, aged, saggy breasts as "jalapeno pepper breasts"... And then there's the joke about the young woman that got a rose bud tattooed on her breast, because she knew she'd end up with a long stemmed rose.

We used to call them National Geographic banana boobs.

I know, I am totally dating myself here, but y'all are AGEIST for pointing that out.  ;-)

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

We used to call them National Geographic banana boobs.

I know, I am totally dating myself here, but y'all are AGEIST for pointing that out.  ;-)

Thank you for the visual of the woman with a basket on her head wearing a necklace from The Countess Collection.. and of the giggling boys huddled in the corner of the reference section of the library in elementary school. 

you age shamed yourself, you age shaming age shamer!

(I fear I am as old as you, so it doesn't count as me age shaming you: can you age shame someone your own age?)

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

can you age shame someone your own age?

I dunno - ask Carole.  ;-)

ETA: "wearing a necklace from the Countess Collection" made me snort-laugh!  :-)

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 7

Hockey crush and I had our date yesterday!  And a long one...met at the bar by the rink with the intent of doing a stick and shoot until we had wine.  So met at 12, had wine, ate lunch around 3:30, had more drinks...left at 8:00.    Soft kisses, hand holding.  His face is so adorable.  Cutest thing ever.   Day went by way too fast.  

And he came with gifts...bottle of wine, a puck he signed with "co-MVP" and a t-shirt "Coffee, Wine, Hockey."  

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Hockey crush and I had our date yesterday!  And a long one...met at the bar by the rink with the intent of doing a stick and shoot until we had wine.  So met at 12, had wine, ate lunch around 3:30, had more drinks...left at 8:00.    Soft kisses, hand holding.  His face is so adorable.  Cutest thing ever.   Day went by way too fast.  

And he came with gifts...bottle of wine, a puck he signed with "co-MVP" and a t-shirt "Coffee, Wine, Hockey."  

I go my brothers grandsons hockey games and I don’t get gifts...jk. Good for you Sasha. Sounds like you are a winner on and off of the ice! Curious...what kind of wine? 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I go my brothers grandsons hockey games and I don’t get gifts...jk. Good for you Sasha. Sounds like you are a winner on and off of the ice! Curious...what kind of wine? 

Hee hee!

He bought me La Crema, which is one of my favorites and I never told him that!

Hockey Crush is such a doll.  He has the sweetest way about him and is so thoughtful!

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Hee hee!

He bought me La Crema, which is one of my favorites and I never told him that!

Hockey Crush is such a doll.  He has the sweetest way about him and is so thoughtful!

Red La Crema? Wonderful choice. That’s pretty neat that he picked that one without knowing that it was one of your favorites. I’m very happy for you. Keep us posted and enjoy yourself. He sounds like a winner (what he doesn’t know is that you are a winner and he is lucky to have you in his life) 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Red La Crema? Wonderful choice. That’s pretty neat that he picked that one without knowing that it was one of your favorites. I’m very happy for you. Keep us posted and enjoy yourself. He sounds like a winner (what he doesn’t know is that you are a winner and he is lucky to have you in his life) 

Aw, thanks love! 

Also, we had a convo about Real Housewives and we have to catch up on it and do a marathon watch.  Then I told him that he is known as hockey crush on the boards and that everyone is so excited about this!  He got a big kick out of it!

Edited by sasha206
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
21 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Aw, thanks love! 

Also, we had a convo about Real Housewives and we have to catch up on it and do a marathon watch.  Then I told him that he is known as hockey crush on the boards and that everyone is so excited about this!  He got a big kick out of it!

Just make sure he knows there is a quintuple decker bus full of us on our way to hell, and, should he decide to upset you, we aren't opposed to taking a side trip...just sayin'.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Just make sure he knows there is a quintuple decker bus full of us on our way to hell, and, should he decide to upset you, we aren't opposed to taking a side trip...just sayin'.

Ha, I love it!  You all make me giggle every day.  

He's such a sweetie, I think I'm more likely to be the jerk in this relationship!

• Love 2

We are back from the most awesome NYC.  Thanks so much for the recommendations -- some we got and some are on the agenda for next time.

Stewedsquash we did not get to Prune -- next time

Boshawks, we did find The Korean gastropub, which turned out to be super close to our hotel, and looked amazing, but we found it on or last day with no time left to visit. Next time for sure.

Mindthinkr, I had some NY pizza for you (and then I had some for me). It really is as good as everyone says it is! 

KFB -- we went to Little Italy, De Nicos, and had a great meal there. Everyone told me to thank "Atomic" Bunny for the recommendation. I was all, IT's KUNG FU BUNNY! Geez! Canadians! I asked our waiter if they had celebrities visit. he answered me, but all I can remember was "John Gotti" -- whcih brings me to my second point -- for the first time ever I saw a celebrity on a flight: waiting to board our plane, a tiny woman with long blonde hair cut the though the "great unwashed" line to get to the business class line. That woman? None other than Victoria Gotti!

We also went to that bakery you recommended, KFB, and got some tiramisu, which was delish.

We also went to Katz's and had the best pastrami sandwich evah. Loved.

Absolutely no housewives sightings, even though we were in the neighborhood on our Met and Guggenheim day. Oh well.

For me, we had a tour bus guide who said things like "get outttta here" and youze guys".  And one bag checker at St. Pauls (I think), who, when I offered him my purse to look in, said, "Whatta I wanna look in there for, it's so small". It was awesome!

We did a bus tour and a circle line boat tour plus visited museums and rode the subway and walked until I swear I got a stress fracture.  Gotta say I think the 9/11 memorial was so beautifully done -- very moving.  

Thanks again for the recommendations -- we all loved your city so much. 

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Jel said:

We are back from the most awesome NYC.  Thanks so much for the recommendations -- some we got and some are on the agenda for next time.

Boshawks, we did find The Korean gastropub, which turned out to be super close to our hotel, and looked amazing, but we found it on or last day with no time left to visit. Next time for sure.

Mindthinkr, I had some NY pizza for you (and then I had some for me). It really is as good as everyone says it is! 

KFB -- we went to Little Italy, De Nicos, and had a great meal there. Everyone told me to thank "Atomic" Bunny for the recommendation. I was all, IT's KUNG FU BUNNY! Geez! Canadians! I asked our waiter if they had celebrities visit. he answered me, but all I can remember was "John Gotti" -- whcih brings me to my second point -- for the first time ever I saw a celebrity on a flight: waiting to board our plane, a tiny woman with long blonde hair cut the though the "great unwashed" line to get to the business class line. That woman? None other than Victoria Gotti!

We also went to that bakery you recommended, KFB, and got some tiramisu, which was delish.

Absolutely no housewives sightings, even though we were in the neighborhood on our Met and Guggenheim day. Oh well.

For me, we had a tour bus guide who said things like "get outttta here" and youze guys".  And one bag checker at St. Pauls (I think), who, when I offered him my purse to look in, said, "Whatta I wanna look in there for, it's so small". It was awesome!

We did a bus tour and a circle line boat tour plus visited museums and rode the subway and walked until I swear I got a stress fracture.  Gotta say I think the 9/11 memorial was so beautifully done -- very moving.  

I'd be jealous but it sounds like you had such a great time I can't be a hater.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jel said:

That's Awesome Jel!

Did you sit in the back patio dining area at Da Nico's? Tell your friends, I know Kung Fu.

Mmmm...now you have me thinking about Ferraros - gonna have to make a pit stop

Woo hoo first celebrity sighting for Jel - didn't I tell you just keep your eyes open to see who goes to first class/business class.

I do wish you got to see a HW. Hopefully next time.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Jel said:

We sat outside, but at the front, practically on the street. Was fantastico!

You were so right, KFB!  

I know this might sound a bit kooky - next time you are at the airport and waiting for your flight - take a glance around the other gates. Nowadays depending on where you are traveling, you're required to get there "early". So you'd have the time to glance around. Keep your eyes open when a plane docks and de-boards around your area - the first people off are first class - you might see a celebrity. Generally, the reverse applies to boarding your flight. Celebrities appear near the last call for first class and a sure sign is extra security so they can be whisked in.

Sitting out front at Da Nico's is pretty good - you can people watch.

You'll have to let me know the next time you do a trip and maybe I can come up with other places/restaurants for you to try

Who knows maybe you can tweet Andy and see if you can get tickets for WWHL

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Jel said:

We are back from the most awesome NYC.  Thanks so much for the recommendations -- some we got and some are on the agenda for next time.......

went to Katz's and had the best pastrami sandwich evah. Loved......

....Thanks again for the recommendations -- we all loved your city so much. 

Yay!   I'm glad you went - Pastrami sandwiches from Katz's are THE BEST!

• Love 2

Does anyone know if the old rule of no white pants after Labor Day still applies? It seems I heard that was no longer true, but, I'm feeling odd about it.  I bought two new pair of white pants this summer and I sure do hate to put them away for the season. Plus, it'll be over 90 degrees here today. It sure doesn't feel like fall. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Does anyone know if the old rule of no white pants after Labor Day still applies? It seems I heard that was no longer true, but, I'm feeling odd about it.  I bought two new pair of white pants this summer and I sure do hate to put them away for the season. Plus, it'll be over 90 degrees here today. It sure doesn't feel like fall. 

I don't think so - maybe in some hoity toity circles.  I love the way white pants look and I wear white pants all throughout the year if I feel like it.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

I don't think so - maybe in some hoity toity circles.  I love the way white pants look and I wear white pants all throughout the year if I feel like it.

Okay.  I do mean WHITE though, not winter white.  I'm going to go for it. I'll go with a navy top.  Perhaps, it will look okay. 

• Love 5

I wish I could wear white but I am a spiller!  My white pants would be covered in makeup before I event exited my car as well!

Update on Hockey Crush...

His son asked his mom about me.  Asked what she knew of me and said he would be really excited if we dated.  

Awwww...I've met both of his kids at the hockey games.  They are adorable.  And apparently his mom told him to "go for it" about me.  She knows of our age difference.

• Love 10

Sasha, that's great news on the Hockey Crush. I've dated younger and it was awesome. It didn't work out long term, but, I learned a lot and it was very exciting. Actually, one was the best relationship of my life. 

I'm pretty easy on my clothes.  So far, no stains on my white clothes. Now, since I said that, I'll probably have an accident today.....lol. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Sasha, that's great news on the Hockey Crush. I've dated younger and it was awesome. It didn't work out long term, but, I learned a lot and it was very exciting. Actually, one was the best relationship of my life. 

I'm really enjoying having him in my world.  Our messages back and forth are so much fun.  Last night, we were talking about football.  I said "We have to watch a game together."  He responded:  "We have to do everything together."  Awwwww.  Just a doll he is.   There's a 13-year age difference, so I'm not viewing this as long-term, but for now I'm enjoying it.  Fortunately, I am told by many that I look like I'm in my late 30s, so it doesn't look like there's a big age gap!

• Love 10
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Okay.  I do mean WHITE though, not winter white.  I'm going to go for it. I'll go with a navy top.  Perhaps, it will look okay. 

Navy and white are beautiful together - you'll look fabulous  -- and iirc (from some show I saw a dozen years ago, mind you :) the whole no-white after Labour Day thing was a class marker. The one percenters of the era wore white in the watering holes of the wealthy and privileged (like Newport) and then returned to dark colours when they came home to the city at the end of the season.  Whereas working class people wore dark colours all summer (because white got dirty right away in an urban area). 

2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I'm really enjoying having him in my world.  Our messages back and forth are so much fun.  Last night, we were talking about football.  I said "We have to watch a game together."  He responded:  "We have to do everything together."  Awwwww.  Just a doll he is.  

Sounds like a wonderful way to enter the fall - leaves turning, a snap in the air....a new boyfriend :)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7

I got a couple of compliments on my outfit today, so, I guess white pants are still okay.  And, I just love wearing white. Not sure why. 

My previous love affair with a younger man involved me at age 35 and him at age 23. It was really nice for a while, but, his mother was not happy. lol  The irony is that years later, that age difference is nothing.  

• Love 3
9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Some have discarded the notion, others still practice.  For me, I think if it's still warm enough to resemble summer weather, white is okay.  My mother would disagree, lol.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 3

Brought over from Reunion 3 thread, where KFB posted a clip from This Is Spinal Tap

KFB! Eternal love to you for posting that!

----

The clip ended a little early, so going from memory, ... we see they they continue their heated discussion, huge, two-sided argument, everyone's mad, then Derek (the "lukewarm water" (peace keeper) of the group, says, "I'd just like to raise a practical question at this point...."

Everyone looks over at him...

"Are we going to do Stonehenge tomorrow night?"

And that's when David St. Hubbins says, "No, we're not going to fucking do Stonehenge!"

My hub and I have seen that movie so many times, and we use that No to Stonehenge line quite a bit around our house. 

And "this one goes to eleven" - perfect for those times when someone is tediously telling you how it is, when they really don't know how it is at all

And "The authorities said some mysteries best left unsolved really" - the ultimate TMI topic ender

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, Jel said:

Brought over from Reunion 3 thread, where KFB posted a clip from This Is Spinal Tap

----

The clip ended a little early, so going from memory, ... we see they they continue their heated discussion, huge, two-sided argument, everyone's mad, then Derek (the "lukewarm water" (peace keeper) of the group, says, "I'd just like to raise a practical question at this point...."

Everyone looks over at him...

"Are we going to do Stonehenge tomorrow night?"

And that's when David St. Hubbins says, "No, we're not going to fucking do Stonehenge!"

My hub and I have seen that movie so many times, and we use that No to Stonehenge line quite a bit around our house. 

And "this one goes to eleven" - perfect for those times when someone is tediously telling you how it is, when they really don't know how it is at all

And "The authorities said some mysteries best left unsolved really" - the ultimate TMI topic ender

• Love 5

OMG, between some problems and trying to catch up on the reunion, my mind forgot about Hockey Crush.  Can’t wait until I can get settled and enjoy reading the continuing saga.  Looking forward to it.  Brain isn’t working these days.

• Love 1
On 9/7/2018 at 12:21 AM, Jel said:

Jel:

Just so you know last night I re-watched Spinal Tap and was cracking up.

Why is your audience is all young teenage boys

On why the audience size went from 15000 to 1500. Their appeal is becoming more selective

Nigel playing a beautiful melody on the piano - reporter says that's beautiful what's it called? "Lick My Love Pump"

• Love 1

Yes, Bunny! Also, by the end of the tour, the fairground marquee reads "Puppet Show and Spinal Tap" and Davids gf-cum-band manager says, "I told them to put Spinal Tap first! 

I love that movie so much, so glad you like it too!

i remember the "Mach" piece!

Edited by Jel
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jel said:

Yes, Bunny! Also, by the end of the tour, the fairground marquee reads "Puppet Show and Spinal Tap" and Davids gf-cum-band manager says, "I told them to put Spinal Tap first! 

I love that movie so much, so glad you like it too!

i remember the "Mach" piece!

I watched it years ago and forgot so many of the lines.

Spinal Pap, Spinal Tarp.

All the drummers dying from mysterious unsolved circumstances. Spontaneous combustion - all that was left was a green globule

The money man - Sir.... opened a camp/home for pale young boys

The cocoon wouldn't open for Nigel until it was time to go back in.

Luckily I have access to watching pretty much anything out there, so I pulled it up with closed captions so I could read what I was laughing over.

• Love 2

My son was watching one of those superhero shows. I think it was The Flash (or the Green Arrow) and the one character said "I haven't seen eyes that crazy since I had lunch with Ramona Singer last week." Needless to say, I was the only one in the room that got the joke.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
22 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I watched it years ago and forgot so many of the lines.

Spinal Pap, Spinal Tarp.

All the drummers dying from mysterious unsolved circumstances. Spontaneous combustion - all that was left was a green globule

The money man - Sir.... opened a camp/home for pale young boys

The cocoon wouldn't open for Nigel until it was time to go back in.

Luckily I have access to watching pretty much anything out there, so I pulled it up with closed captions so I could read what I was laughing over.

was the money man Sir Eton Hogg?

• Love 1
On 9/4/2018 at 9:14 AM, sasha206 said:

Aw, thanks love! 

Well, now that Housewives is over, we have your romance updates to look forward to.  So far, so good.  Sooo exciting.

• Love 3