Type keyword(s) to search

RHoBH in the Media

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, endure said:

I saw that on Vulture. What, exactly, does that mean, other than Andy finally waking up to the Dumpster fire that’s been out of control for the past couple years?

If he’s trying to give Rinna a graceful exit, she doesn’t deserve the courtesy.

The Vulture story also had him saying he had apologized for how he handled the bullying discussion at the reunion. Probably because he got blowback — man reads the room, and then acts accordingly. This is how I see Andy in all of this:

FF390CBE-EC61-4E25-A839-70AF5B8F7475.jpeg

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3
15 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

I saw that on Vulture. What, exactly, does that mean, other than Andy finally waking up to the Dumpster fire that’s been out of control for the past couple years?

If he’s trying to give Rinna a graceful exit, she doesn’t deserve the courtesy.

The Vulture story also had him saying he had apologized for how he handled the bullying discussion at the reunion. Probably because he got blowback — man reads the room, and then acts accordingly. This is how I see Andy in all of this:

FF390CBE-EC61-4E25-A839-70AF5B8F7475.jpeg

Andy Cohen also recently said he hopes Jen Shah gets no jail time so she can come right back on the show. WTF?

• Mind Blown 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jennifersdc said:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/why-andy-cohen-doesnt-think-jen-shah-will-be-back-for-rhoslc/amp/

This is what I saw. Andy doesn’t give a fuck what these women do - as long as the ratings and cash keeps flowing.

I just posted about this in the Jen Shah thread. If Andy doesn't think a woman who stole from vulnerable people should do jail time and should be on Bravo instead, he certainly won't care about Erika since we don't know for sure what she knew. 

I get it Andy, a cast full of Mother Teresa types won't make for the most juicy show. But can you at least cast more people who do not steal from others nor have husbands who do? That includes Jen Shah, Erika Girardi, and while the news of it vanished, Kyle Richards too. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I just posted about this in the Jen Shah thread. If Andy doesn't think a woman who stole from vulnerable people should do jail time and should be on Bravo instead, he certainly won't care about Erika since we don't know for sure what she knew. 

I get it Andy, a cast full of Mother Teresa types won't make for the most juicy show. But can you at least cast more people who do not steal from others nor have husbands who do? That includes Jen Shah, Erika Girardi, and while the news of it vanished, Kyle Richards too. 

Hallelujah. BTW - I know exactly what Mauricio did (nobody probably wants to hear my resume again - not a realtor/broker). Which should be OK on this thread since it happened on show. Forgive me if memory fails on specifics and it’s long.

Basically he got the listing to sell the Malibu house for a real scumbag who was the son of Equatorial Guinea President (the real scumbag - still in power!). See Riggs Bank scandal (formerly the oldest bank in DC - which is really why I know this shit).

The Department of Justice and other European countries seized his assets to sell and donate to charities of that country. Mauricio had a sale approved by the DOJ. What he neglected to mention until the last minute was that he was an investor in the group that ended up buying the house and there were allegedly other higher offers. Two big no no’s. He really should have lost his license as failing to live up to his fiduciary responsibility (he was probably smart enough though to have the Seller sign an acknowledgment of dual representation they didn’t realize - meaning broker for buyer and seller). But see Tom Girardi and nobody with any authority gives a shit. BTW - Mauricio was being sued by the scumbag and not DOJ. Which is probably why he thought he could get away with this shit.

The reports of how many millions they made is definitely wrong though. I think they put a good bit of money in the house before they flipped it. I remember doing some rough calcs at the time and given Mauricio’s likely share of the equity - I estimated he made about a million or so on the backend sale. The whole thing is really shady. His insurance company thought it was so shady they refused to pay his related legal fees (see more lawsuits).

• Wink 1
  • Useful 18
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jennifersdc said:

Hallelujah. BTW - I know exactly what Mauricio did (nobody probably wants to hear my resume again - not a realtor/broker). Which should be OK on this thread since it happened on show. Forgive me if memory fails on specifics and it’s long.

Basically he got the listing to sell the Malibu house for a real scumbag who was the son of Equatorial Guinea President (the real scumbag - still in power!). See Riggs Bank scandal (formerly the oldest bank in DC - which is really why I know this shit).

The Department of Justice and other European countries seized his assets to sell and donate to charities of that country. Mauricio had a sale approved by the DOJ. What he neglected to mention until the last minute was that he was an investor in the group that ended up buying the house and there were allegedly other higher offers. Two big no no’s. He really should have lost his license as failing to live up to his fiduciary responsibility (he was probably smart enough though to have the Seller sign an acknowledgment of dual representation they didn’t realize - meaning broker for buyer and seller). But see Tom Girardi and nobody with any authority gives a shit. BTW - Mauricio was being sued by the scumbag and not DOJ. Which is probably why he thought he could get away with this shit.

The reports of how many millions they made is definitely wrong though. I think they put a good bit of money in the house before they flipped it. I remember doing some rough calcs at the time and given Mauricio’s likely share of the equity - I estimated he made about a million or so on the backend sale. The whole thing is really shady. His insurance company thought it was so shady they refused to pay his related legal fees (see more lawsuits).

Oh, my goodness. Thank you for explaining this. Why didn’t Mauricio lose his license? Do many people know about this? Do his daughters know?
Does Rick Hilton’s real estate agency have a clean reputation?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

Thanks so much for the detailed post!

And Mauricio's reward is a reality show on Netflix. 

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wink 2
51 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Oh, my goodness. Thank you for explaining this. Why didn’t Mauricio lose his license? Do many people know about this? Do his daughters know?
Does Rick Hilton’s real estate agency have a clean reputation?

If he was Joe Schmo - he probably would have lost his license. That’s up to the California Realtor Association (or whatever it’s called). Much like Tom Girardi and the California Bar Association (whatever that’s called too).

It now explains a lot for me. Cause as somebody who takes my fiduciary responsibility very seriously (I’m considered a principal so have no license), I was always confused why Mauricio wasn’t at least called in front of the Board. Now I think I know why. 

Edited by Jennifersdc
Minor
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 8
13 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

If he was Joe Schmo - he probably would have lost his license. That’s up to the California Realtor Association (or whatever it’s called). Much like Tom Girardi and the California Bar Association (whatever that’s called too).

It now explains a lot for me. Cause as somebody who takes my fiduciary responsibility very seriously (I’m considered a principal so have no license), I was always confused why Mauricio wasn’t at least called in front of the Board. Now I think I know why. 

The CA Board of Realtors must be working with the State Bar - money talks, ethics are for the little people

• Sad 6

The break is what they normally do .. they always took breaks between filming … last year they didn’t break for Beverly Hills & SLC because of the legal issues they were both trying to capture so they immediately kept filming. This isn’t a pause it’s what they normally do and did for all the other shows 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

The break is what they normally do .. they always took breaks between filming … last year they didn’t break for Beverly Hills & SLC because of the legal issues they were both trying to capture so they immediately kept filming. This isn’t a pause it’s what they normally do and did for all the other shows 

Bingo.  

• Love 5
9 hours ago, endure said:
17 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Lord baby Jesus 

I am not surprised about this, is there even a fund one can donate to? My surprise is the fact that Diana thought she would get away with such a lie, fact checking is very easy these days, is she too stupid to realize that? This makes her look even worse than she did all season, she could have really laid it on thick and told us that Asher donated his royalties from his hit album, lol.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Lord baby Jesus 

No way! Are you trying to tell me that Diana is a liar?! 😂

27 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Asher donated his royalties from his hit album, lol.

Wait. Asher has a hit album?

• LOL 18
On 11/25/2022 at 4:57 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Lord baby Jesus 

So, I'm guessing this means she lied about hiring lawyers to find out who was behind the vicious social media attacks on Garcelle's son too

I am shook

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I am shook

Damn, not you too!

I sort of figured her giving money to the victims was a lie, there was no "Hey I gave to the victims and you can too," on line fund raising, no press release announcing her unselfish act, no "We Are The World," type song from Asher, no "I gave the proceeds from the sales of my Apartment 3G book," none of those things happened, Diana seems like if she is not seated next to Sir Elton John it is not a charity she would recognize.

"The lies, the lies, the lies!" tm Kandi Burris.

• Love 8
On 11/24/2022 at 3:44 PM, Jennifersdc said:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/why-andy-cohen-doesnt-think-jen-shah-will-be-back-for-rhoslc/amp/

This is what I saw. Andy doesn’t give a fuck what these women do - as long as the ratings and cash keeps flowing.

What an absolute piece of garbage he is. Can't even play the old "innocent until proven Guilty", this bitch plead guilty. Of course Teresa remains after prison time, but some people blame that more on her stupidity than actual intent. But this is clear. Her scam, not her husband's and she has admitted it. But he wants her back. HE should be fired.

On 11/24/2022 at 5:21 PM, RealHousewife said:

And Teresa, his long time favorite. 

On 11/25/2022 at 2:12 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Exactly. He is just trying to drag out interest I'm the show and must know how many viewers are waiting to see who is fired. 

• Love 6
On 11/25/2022 at 5:12 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

I agree. It's not a pause, it's a normal break. The show was forced to film early last season to follow Erika's legal problems. It didn't exactly happen because those issues take time to resolve.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Love 1
On 11/24/2022 at 9:11 PM, Jennifersdc said:

This doesn't make sense. If there was some fraud, the DoJ which gave the listing to Mauricio and his agency in order to sell the house would have interfered. But it didn't. The only person who did and sued was the person who initiated the fraud in his country (and the money laundering of stolen funds by buying real estate in another country). Why didn't he ask the DoJ to get involved? Btw, it's very easy to sue anybody. Also, the supposed profit was only $1 million which is nothing for Mauricio's agency which already had 4 billion in sales by the middle of the year. Why would he even bother? The African owner of the house obviously tried to stop the transaction, and Mauricio's agency was the smaller fish he could go after, not the DoJ which confiscated it in the first place. A transaction (sale) that wouldn't benefit him because you also mentioned that the assets which were acquired with stolen funds were confiscated (like this house), and were supposed to be sold and the money to go to charitable organizations, etc. in the country of origin. It seems to me that that's what happened (the house sold for the money to go back to the country of origin), and Mauricio's agency got its listing fee of $1 million. Why didn't he get more since it allegedly sold for a lot more, and he was supposedly in the group of investors? A confirmed crook mentioned "alleged" higher offers for the house, but nothing was proven. It just doesn't add up.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
On 11/20/2022 at 2:52 PM, realityplease said:

THAT is exactly how people are led astray.  Information is NOT inherently more or less reliable because the source is more well-known.  Information is reliable if it is verifiable - no matter the source. 

Erroneous facts or flat-out lies from all sources are on the rise.  People & news sources get away with it when no one fact-checks or calls them out. (Like Erika touting Tom's prowess even as he was losing cases & stealing settlements; Like Erika, & even the Times, calling Tom "the Brockovich attorney" when it's not the truth.) It's dangerous when "puffing" crosses over to lies.

Magazines & newspapers have agendas - they may strive for accuracy but not always achieve it. So taking everything as truth because it's in print is risky. There's not always time to fact-check everything before a deadline. Defamation is very hard to prove absent malice.  The readers don't have time to check.

If Forbes or L.A. Times prints incorrect/outdated information (& they do - they're not infallible), then yes, the random person CAN be the more accurate source if their information is verifiable. 

Further, when The L.A. Times or Forbes get it wrong & is called out, the corrections or retractions are buried in a small box on pg. two.  The original story on the front page is seen by many, taken as gospel, & passed on.  Far fewer see the correction.  I'm not saying the rando on IG, Twitter, Reddit or a forum shouldn't be scrutinized or checked out - but it doesn't mean they can't be right - and a paper can't be wrong just because it's a newspaper.

The traditional, respectable media make some mistakes, but they normally correct them. A gossipy site, or an individual have more of an agenda (and no reputation to care about to begin with), and can be paid (and they are) to post something. They even have links on social media for monetization. And quite often their information is not verifiable (and very easy to check, but some individuals don't bother ro check, they just repost). They can be forced to delete misinformation or disinformation, but in the meantime the misinformation circulates (and multiplies through other sources), and influences people. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Applause 2
9 hours ago, ZettaK said:

This doesn't make sense. If there was some fraud, the DoJ which gave the listing to Mauricio and his agency in order to sell the house would have interfered. But it didn't. The only person who did and sued was the person who initiated the fraud in his country (and the money laundering of stolen funds by buying real estate in another country). Why didn't he ask the DoJ to get involved? Btw, it's very easy to sue anybody. Also, the supposed profit was only $1 million which is nothing for Mauricio's agency which already had 4 billion in sales by the middle of the year. Why would he even bother? The African owner of the house obviously tried to stop the transaction, and Mauricio's agency was the smaller fish he could go after, not the DoJ which confiscated it in the first place. A transaction (sale) that wouldn't benefit him because you also mentioned that the assets which were acquired with stolen funds were confiscated (like this house), and were supposed to be sold and the money to go to charitable organizations, etc. in the country of origin. It seems to me that that's what happened (the house sold for the money to go back to the country of origin), and Mauricio's agency got its listing fee of $1 million. Why didn't he get more since it allegedly sold for a lot more, and he was supposedly in the group of investors? A confirmed crook mentioned "alleged" higher offers for the house, but nothing was proven. It just doesn't add up.

The DOJ doesn’t give a shit about Mauricio’s license. And it’s not a criminal offense. They probably got what they were expecting (another likely shady move on Mauricio part as he likely shared that amount with Buyer).

The scumbag had proof by e-mail that Mauricio told him less than 24 hours before closing he was an investor. That’s an ethics violation. The guy (not sure criminal) with the other offer also had proof via e-mail that he was talking to Mauricio to put in what would have been a higher offer but Mauricio kept putting him off. That’s another ethics violation.  Mauricio’s excuse was that he wasn’t a “serious” buyer. That’s not up to Mauricio to decide. I believe he sued him too (along with scumbag - who yes odd he sued since wouldn’t personally benefit - I guess he was pissed and has lots of money). Mauricio did settle all these law suits for some unknown sum and had to pay his own legal fees. In the end it probably wasn’t worth all this hassle - so hopefully he learned a lesson.

I didn’t include Mauricio’s commission. I was only figuring out his profit on back end given improvements, debt, likely equity contribution. Trust me on the math, unless you want to hear my resume again.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

The DOJ doesn’t give a shit about Mauricio’s license. And it’s not a criminal offense. They probably got what they were expecting (another likely shady move on Mauricio part as he likely shared that amount with Buyer).

The scumbag had proof by e-mail that Mauricio told him less than 24 hours before closing he was an investor. That’s an ethics violation. The guy (not sure criminal) with the other offer also had proof via e-mail that he was talking to Mauricio to put in what would have been a higher offer but Mauricio kept putting him off. That’s another ethics violation.  Mauricio’s excuse was that he wasn’t a “serious” buyer. That’s not up to Mauricio to decide. I believe he sued him too (along with scumbag - who yes odd he sued since wouldn’t personally benefit - I guess he was pissed and has lots of money). Mauricio did settle all these law suits for some unknown sum and had to pay his own legal fees. In the end it probably wasn’t worth all this hassle - so hopefully he learned a lesson.

I didn’t include Mauricio’s commission. I was only figuring out his profit on back end given improvements, debt, likely equity contribution. Trust me on the math, unless you want to hear my resume again.

Mauricio comes across as pretty shady to me, especially when it comes to his real estate business. But he'd better be extremely careful, he has 2 of his daughters working there now. Farrah seems like she would know better and stay away from those shady deals but Alexia would be clueless. Would the other realtors, like Farrah and Alexia, be under any legal obligation to turn Mauricio in if they knew he was doing something illegal? Could it effect their licenses if they didn't tell? Can you imagine Kyle's reaction if he somehow drug her girls into illegal deals? I might actually feel sorry for her if that happened.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I tend to. Degree, but I don’t think Kyle would be blameless. She might turn a blind eye to shady dealings, but she can’t be that dumb. 

When she was asked about the lawsuit at the reunion and told the difference in money between what it was initially sold for and what Mauricio then sold it for, Kyle tried to dodge the question by saying something along the lines of Mauricio didn't make that much money off the sale. There was no legit explanation of Mauricio in fact being open about being a buyer and making massive upgrades to the home prior to selling it again. It all just screamed guilt imho. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
On 11/27/2022 at 6:56 PM, ZettaK said:

Seriously?  Mauricio is a scumbag. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 11/28/2022 at 4:55 PM, ww92 said:

Mauricio comes across as pretty shady to me, especially when it comes to his real estate business. But he'd better be extremely careful, he has 2 of his daughters working there now. Farrah seems like she would know better and stay away from those shady deals but Alexia would be clueless. Would the other realtors, like Farrah and Alexia, be under any legal obligation to turn Mauricio in if they knew he was doing something illegal? Could it effect their licenses if they didn't tell? Can you imagine Kyle's reaction if he somehow drug her girls into illegal deals? I might actually feel sorry for her if that happened.

Since Mauricio is the owner he is , presumably, the Broker. That gives him the responsibility not only for his actions, but the actions of his agents. I doubt the girls would have much in the way of repercussions. Possibly a suspended license. As for Kyle, I would not feel the least bit sorry for her. She always brags about how "they" got their licenses together so she is in it too. And she has been very clear that she has no issue with people being defrauded by her unwavering support for Erika. I would, however, feel sorry for the girls. They are young and he is their father/stepfather whom, presumably, they trust.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

A little bit more information:

https://radaronline.com/p/kyle-richards-husband-mauricio-umansky-sues-real-estate-agent-32-million-malibu-mansion/

The U.S. government gave the listing to Mauricio's agency, and the final sale was approved by the U.S. government. 

The original owner, Mangue (the African who bought the house with stolen money) sued Mauricio's agency and claimed there were higher offers. This was resolved in mediation. Mauricio said Mangue didn't want to pay the $10 million (out of the whole sale amount) he agreed to with the U.S. government for restitution to his country, that's why he sued him. 

One of the potential buyers, named Sam Hamim sued Mauricio's agency and claimed there were higher bids (his) than the one that was accepted. But he didn't put his offer IN WRITING! Mauricio said Hakim is an “experienced high-end real estate investor” who hired high-end real estate agent Aitan Segal to represent him in negotiating the deal. Umansky said Hakim should be blaming Aitan Segal for any problems, so he countersued. 

So, it seems one lawsuit derived from the first one because a potential buyer who didn't put an offer in writing claimed there were higher offers (his), and the African original owner of the house then claimed the same and sued, as well. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 6

So discouraged to read the show is going to take a break before the next season. It feels like such a cynical, manipulative move, designed to get us stupid viewers to forget (or stop caring( about the ugliness from Andy Cohen's favorites, Rinna and Erika and Kyle.

Seems like Andy Cohen doesn't think much of the RH viewers either.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

"The Bravo Docket" podcast breaks down the Mauricio scam.  I was surprised to hear that Porscha, not Kyle and Mo's daughter, but RHOA idiot was involved as well.  They are all scam artists.  Why are we still surprised?

• Mind Blown 6
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, Gracie123 said:

"The Bravo Docket" podcast breaks down the Mauricio scam.  I was surprised to hear that Porscha, not Kyle and Mo's daughter, but RHOA idiot was involved as well.  They are all scam artists.  Why are we still 

It' astonishing Porscha would be part of a scam because I would think the other scammers would be afraid to involve her. Girl is dumber than dirt. A lot if the women across the franchises are stupid, but her comment on the Underground Railroad certainly stands out in a sea of stupid.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 11/25/2022 at 4:57 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Lord baby Jesus 

I dunno about anybody else, but I am DAMN sick and tired of these bitches taking advantage of/using the victims to create publicity for themselves. It’s bad enough that they’re having to fight tooth and nail for what is rightfully theirs. But having to deal with shit like this? Hell, no.

They never in a million years asked for any of this. 

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7

Rumors are floating that Scarika  and Anus Lips are returning!? Why would they do that? Do we need to hear about Scarikas parade of penises or Rimjob insulting Kathy? Or will Rimjob try and force those gross nasty daughters of hers down viewers throats? Either way I don’t want to see that shit. Plus we now have heard how filthy Rimjobs pigsty house is, we don’t need to see her husband pretend to support another stupid business.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, dmeets said:

Not everybody.

I'm sure Crystal's a goner :-/

I was mainly talking about the trash that is Rinna, Girardi, and Jenkins. It’s sounded like Crystal’s status has been unclear since the season ended. That’s too bad, but it was pretty clear she couldn’t hold her own with that group — never found her footing. She did herself no favors with all the cryptic stuff involving Sutton, either.

• Like 2
  • Love 4