Type keyword(s) to search

RHoBH in the Media

• Start Topic

On 10/23/2021 at 2:08 PM, RoseAllDay said:

Crystal needs to have a stronger presence next year. She has been a mere shadow. I think they want to maximize the battle lines over Erika. They want everyone to pick a side. If so, it’s Season Two of “Erika Jayne, Lying Fraud.”

Agreed.  Crystal started the season strong but Erika and her tales of woe quickly sucked the oxygen out of any gathering they had. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 10/20/2021 at 7:35 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

It’s in a official bravo licensed book there is no way that it’s not true without fear of Lisa taking them to court over it for defamation. Andy and a lot of Bravo are pimping this book.  She lied she ended a friendship over this lie. 

According to Amazon, the book was published by Andy Cohen Books which partners with the publishing house of Henry Holt.  I don’t think it is licensed to Bravo.

• Useful 9
15 hours ago, laprin said:

Finished the book. It was a fairly entertaining read. I take it from her comments that Candiace is not planning on returning to RHOP. TheY were like a resignation letter.

E7BF32C8-C516-456A-91F8-DDFF377ECEEF.jpeg

If I’m reading it right, I think that applies to just about every Bravo franchise at some point. Andy tolerates assault (see Ashton-Kate on BD, Travis-Anastasia on BDM, Sutton feeling threatened this year, off the top of my head), and hostile work environments because he thinks that makes for “good TV”. All he cares about is 💶💶💶. Candace is right — the man truly doesn’t give a fuck — a bad reincarnation of P.T. Barnum. 

Hell, MTV threw people off The Real World for similar behavior so it can be done, if the will is there to treat your personalities (and audience) with decency and respect.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

If I’m reading it right, I think that applies to just about every Bravo franchise at some point. Andy tolerates assault (see Ashton-Kate on BD, Travis-Anastasia on BDM, Sutton feeling threatened this year, off the top of my head), and hostile work environments because he thinks that makes for “good TV”. All he cares about is 💶💶💶. Candace is right — the man truly doesn’t give a fuck — a bad reincarnation of P.T. Barnum. 

Hell, MTV threw people off The Real World for similar behavior so it can be done, if the will is there to treat your personalities (and audience) with decency and respect.

Also, RHOA - Porsha dragging Kenya by the hair, Nene assaulting a camera man, RHONJ - Ashley pulling Danielle’s hair, Danielle pulling Marge’s by the hair, ….

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Also, RHOA - Porsha dragging Kenya by the hair, Nene assaulting a camera man, RHONJ - Ashley pulling Danielle’s hair, Danielle pulling Marge’s by the hair, ….

Tre’s table flip, too, for that matter…and BDM’s Joao breaking the glass in Hannah’s face. How many of these are “iconic” moments?

• Love 5
On 10/21/2021 at 9:59 PM, dosodog said:

Okay!  I'm number 4 on the wait list through my library.  Unless someone else gets in first, I will share the gossip from its Not All Rose and Diamonds.

Thank you. Our library doesn't have a copy, yet, and it's not even in our interlibrary loan system. 🙁

• Love 3

Haven't read the book but saw this . . .

https://screenrant.com/real-housewives-lisa-rinna-vanderpump-masterminded-yolanda-drama/

Rinna claimed to her followers the book also reveals LVP's involvement in her drama with Hadid. Rinna shared a photo of herself smiling with Hadid from a past event and claimed in the caption she "took the bait" from LVP. "She caused it all," Rinna said of Vanderpump.

I wouldn't be surprised by this, but does the book basically accuse LVP of being behind multiple instances of drama?

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
On 10/24/2021 at 5:48 PM, laprin said:

Finished the book. It was a fairly entertaining read. I take it from her comments that Candiace is not planning on returning to RHOP. TheY were like a resignation letter.

E7BF32C8-C516-456A-91F8-DDFF377ECEEF.jpeg

Candiace and Dorit are two housewives whose husbands are more likeable/entertaining than they are.

Candiace is the reason I haven't watched RHOP this season. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, dosodog said:

The copy has arrived, downloaded in the Kindle and I will be reading it this weekend.

I'm debating reading it in order or by franchises.  I kind of want to read Dallas before BH!

I'd suggest reading it in order. They feed into each other. The book is organized by how each franchise came into being. One sets up the other. Not necessary, of course, but you can see the progression/evolution/insanity build when you read in order.

It's a fun read. The same nutty way high school slam books were "fun" reads.

But LOTS to unpack.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 4

I'm finally in the Diamond chapter.  So far, I'm not learning too much that the forums haven't discussed.  It reads like the talking head segments, cutaways from howives and production people interviews, spliced together.  The housewives are completely their perspective and production comes across more observational.

I take issue with the lack of discussion about the unseen housewife, production.  I feel like their role in prompting and setting up should be explored much more.

Here we go.

So far, LVP is responsible for everything. Everything!  Well most everything. But it is a universal sentiment that everyone thought they had to kiss her rear end.

LVP convinced Brandi to spill the surrogate story.  She didn't tell her to say it, but constantly asked her if she was going to say it.

The limo night.  Chris Cullen says no one knew Kim had a substance problem and that's why he got her a drink.  They tried to get Kyle out of the limo, but she refused and told them "they could shoot it or not".

You stole my house is more about Kim's belief her career set up her sister's lives.  They lived off her career as kids, Kathy met Rick through Kim's then oil baron husband.

Everyone knew Russell was beating Taylor, including production. No one did anything.

Season 2

Production blames Kim and Kyle for being horrible on game night to Brandi.  Kyle says she did nothing and is only getting lumped in with her sister.  

Bravo paid for rehab for Kim.

Chris Cullen refers to everyone knowing about Taylor and Russell as a crisis of conscious.  They were hyper aware to try to catch something for the cameras.  No mention of catching something for law enforcement. They did offer to put Taylor up in a hotel so she could get things together.  Adrienne, Lisa and Kyle finally went to production to tell them to do something (instead of themselves?), but production thought they had to stay on the sidelines.

Russell knocked her jaw out of the socket at the Super Bowl.  She went to Camille to discuss custody issues and show her photos.  Coming up was a tea party where Taylor wanted to confront Lisa about not being her friend. But Camille misread the signals and blurted out about Russell hitting her.

Season 3

Yolanda says everyone is jealous of Vanderpump, but trying to stay on her good side.  Vanderpump was threatened by her because she checked all of Lisa's boxes (accent, gorgeous home, etc.) and had more to bring.

Brandi loved and adored LVP and says she would do anything she wanted her to do.  Except put the magazines in her suitcase.  LVP put them back in, she took them out.  She says she heard the surrogate story from an LVP employee, but not from Lisa.

Chris Cullen and other producers say the women were not jealous of LVP holding the center diamond or getting a spin off, but the way she presented it.  Yolanda and Brandi say the women were totally jealous and Kyle says absolutely not.

See you for Season 4 and beyond.

• Useful 7
  • Love 9
39 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Everyone knew Russell was beating Taylor, including production. No one did anything.

39 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Chris Cullen refers to everyone knowing about Taylor and Russell as a crisis of conscious.  They were hyper aware to try to catch something for the cameras.  No mention of catching something for law enforcement. They did offer to put Taylor up in a hotel so she could get things together.  Adrienne, Lisa and Kyle finally went to production to tell them to do something (instead of themselves?), but production thought they had to stay on the sidelines.

Russell knocked her jaw out of the socket at the Super Bowl.  She went to Camille to discuss custody issues and show her photos.  Coming up was a tea party where Taylor wanted to confront Lisa about not being her friend. But Camille misread the signals and blurted out about Russell hitting her.

It's still shocking to me that they let this play out in front of the cameras. 

Thinking back, BH has always had a darkness to it, whether it be Kim's alcoholism, Kim and Kyle's toxic relationship dynamic, Camille's divorce,  Adrienne and Paul, Taylor and Russell, Brandi's downward spiral, or Yolanda's illness. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Season 4

Dave Rupel is another production person who has a lot to say.

Kyle found out about Carlton being Wiccan before they met and refused to shoot with someone who would put a spell on her. 

Uhhh huh.

Dave actually asked Carlton if she was planning on putting a spell on Kyle.  Carlton was mad that LVP and Kyle were painting her as  villain.  Carlton says Kyle is a soulless troll that would sell her soul for money or the spotlight (how can you sell what you do not have?)

Chris Cullen says LVP set up people so she could console them on TV.  Brandi doesn't know for certain  but believes LVP sold the Maurico is cheating stories.  Cullen says the tabloids in the suitcase happened, off camera, but it happened.

Yolanda says everyone knew LVP was the head honcho, the one that created a lot of the show and content.  Andy Cohen says no one liked LVP from the show.

That's it for season 4.  No discussion about Brandi's behavior towards Joyce.

And that is why I feel like, once again, I'm getting only pieces of the story.  I feel Brandi's behavior in the pool at least warranted some discussion. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

So far, LVP is responsible for everything. Everything!  Well most everything. But it is a universal sentiment that everyone thought they had to kiss her rear end.

LVP convinced Brandi to spill the surrogate story.  She didn't tell her to say it, but constantly asked her if she was going to say it.

The limo night.  Chris Cullen says no one knew Kim had a substance problem and that's why he got her a drink.  They tried to get Kyle out of the limo, but she refused and told them "they could shoot it or not".

You stole my house is more about Kim's belief her career set up her sister's lives.  They lived off her career as kids, Kathy met Rick through Kim's then oil baron husband.

Season 2

Production blames Kim and Kyle for being horrible on game night to Brandi.  Kyle says she did nothing and is only getting lumped in with her sister.  

Bravo paid for rehab for Kim.

Season 3

Yolanda says everyone is jealous of Vanderpump, but trying to stay on her good side.  Vanderpump was threatened by her because she checked all of Lisa's boxes (accent, gorgeous home, etc.) and had more to bring.

Brandi loved and adored LVP and says she would do anything she wanted her to do.  Except put the magazines in her suitcase.  LVP put them back in, she took them out.  She says she heard the surrogate story from an LVP employee, but not from Lisa.

Chris Cullen and other producers say the women were not jealous of LVP holding the center diamond or getting a spin off, but the way she presented it.  Yolanda and Brandi say the women were totally jealous and Kyle says absolutely not.

See you for Season 4 and beyond.

It's been so many years since I've watched the early seasons, but I remember Lisa constantly saying things like "sort it out," and that they had to confront different issues.

I think Lisa loved Kyle and was a good friend to her until she got hurt. BUT, I do believe Kyle about Lisa being Bobby Fischer. Vanderpump always gave the impression she felt her position was to be the fabulous cheeky voice of reason, and the others had to be the drama. That's not really fair imo. 

I don't like that Lisa stirred the pot as much as she did, but the other cast members were all grown women and should take some accountability. For example, even if Lisa did try to provoke Brandi to out stuff about Adrienne's family, Brandi should have known better. 

That was always how I perceived the house situation too. I don't believe Kyle stole the GD house.

I believe no one knew about Kim either. Some people say it was totally obvious even as a viewer before that infamous finale, but I don't recall anything that made me think Kim is an addict. Kooky, anxious, a vulnerability about her, yes. But Kyle's the one who really got everything out imo. 

I remember Kyle was pretty awful to Brandi during Game Night. 

It's disgusting they only cared about Taylor getting hurt if it meant an on-camera moment. Maybe I'm naive, but I do think Vanderpump was genuinely concerned. Inviting Taylor into her house would have made her own family vulnerable to Russell. I think she believed Taylor and wanted her to know she had a safe place to go. 

I do think Yolanda brought a lot. Her life was a lot more interesting than being a rich restaurateur. I mean, she dated Julio Iglesias, modeled, married an icon in the music industry, had Andrea Bocelli sing at her house. It was fun getting to know her and get a glimpse of her life in the beginning. However, I think one thing that made Lisa so appealing is her charm and humor. I didn't care for when she'd joke about things like the women's husbands cheating on them. I found that cruel, but she could genuinely be really funny. All the pink and all the adorable doggies, as a viewer you got a kick out of watching her because her life was so great and she looked like she was always having fun. Yo had a more serious air to her, even before she got sick. I'm someone who does 100% believe she was sick and do not blame her one bit for not being all made up and cheery all the time btw.  

I know a lot of Lisa fans think the tabloids story didn't happen, but why on earth would she bounce middle of the night? lol Everything about Lisa's reaction screamed she was guilty of something. I don't think this makes her the worst person on the show. Brandi herself was way more messy, but it did show she was no friend to Kyle anymore. 

44 minutes ago, izabella said:

It's still shocking to me that they let this play out in front of the cameras. 

Thinking back, BH has always had a darkness to it, whether it be Kim's alcoholism, Kim and Kyle's toxic relationship dynamic, Camille's divorce,  Adrienne and Paul, Taylor and Russell, Brandi's downward spiral, or Yolanda's illness. 

So true! That's exactly why I never felt that bad for Vanderpump until her last season. She really had a rather easy time on the show prior to that compared to the others. But her being called out at all was always oh so dramatic for her. 

31 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Season 4

Dave Rupel is another production person who has a lot to say.

Kyle found out about Carlton being Wiccan before they met and refused to shoot with someone who would put a spell on her. 

Uhhh huh.

Dave actually asked Carlton if she was planning on putting a spell on Kyle.  Carlton was mad that LVP and Kyle were painting her as  villain.  Carlton says Kyle is a soulless troll that would sell her soul for money or the spotlight (how can you sell what you do not have?)

Chris Cullen says LVP set up people so she could console them on TV.  Brandi doesn't know for certain  but believes LVP sold the Maurico is cheating stories.  Cullen says the tabloids in the suitcase happened, off camera, but it happened.

Yolanda says everyone knew LVP was the head honcho, the one that created a lot of the show and content.  Andy Cohen says no one liked LVP from the show.

That's it for season 4.  No discussion about Brandi's behavior towards Joyce.

And that is why I feel like, once again, I'm getting only pieces of the story.  I feel Brandi's behavior in the pool at least warranted some discussion. 

I didn't care for Carlton because she seemed ready to jump down Kyle's throat, but honestly, maybe she sensed that Kyle had a prejudice? I kind of wish we got to know Carlton better. I for one would love to learn more about her faith. 

lol @ how can you sell what you do not have hahahahah

I can see that. I think there's a lot of good in Lisa Vanderpump, but I do think she treated Housewives like an acting project where she wanted to be the protagonist, despite being an antagonist a lot. 

When NO ONE likes you, I do think that says something. I don't doubt some of the others were jealous of Lisa's popularity and success, but every single woman of them being that petty? I don't buy it. You know what they say. if someone is an asshole, they're an asshole. If everyone is an asshole, you're the asshole. 

Speaking of jealousy, I do think Brandi was jealous of Joyce. I think Brandi fancied herself the youngest, thinnest, tallest hottie of RHBH. Then this beautiful, tall thin beauty queen with glorious hair just had to join the show and give her competition. 

45 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Camille just tweeted this yesterday   😪

Aw bummer! Well at least she doesn't have to deal with the stress, and we'll get to enjoy her tweets. :)

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Camille’s whiny voice is like nails on a chalkboard imo.

I hated her awkward, "but umms," in her TH's when ever she thought she was throwing a funny dig at someone. Go back and watch, she does it constantly and usually the dig was not funny nor a dig. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, izabella said:

Oh I never thought about it but I totally agree @izabella   Maybe that's why I've stuck with it all these years.  😀

• LOL 6

The book goes by franchise introduction and not everyone participated in the interviews.  The OC had heavy commentary from Vicki.  Bethenny refused to interview so you get no perspective from her.  The same from Atlanta.  Nene refused to interview. Jersey has heavy commentary from Theresa.  Lisa Vanderpump was interviewed.  So far the only commentary from her is when they hired for the first season.  That's it.  Nothing from her about anything the rest of the cast is saying.

Season 6

Poker night.  No reference to Vinnie in the garage.   Kim had taken a pill. Rinna and Eileen were horrified. 

Then we go to Amsterdam.  Rinna and Harry to this day, wonder what Harry did.  Chris Cullen thinks Kim was just trying to throw some provocation out there.  Brandi says Kim was posturing, but thinks there might be something to it because of Lisa's reaction.  Rinna says divine intervention kept her from choking Kim so she threw a glass instead.  Kyle had anxiety.

Rinna says Brandi's slapping LVP's face wasn't a big slap.  Brandi says it was a love slap.  Eileen says Brandi barely touched her and that Vanderpump capitalized on Brandi being an asshole.  Chris Cullen says she did it to get a rise out of Lisa, shock value and to keep her job.  No snippet from Vanderpump.  And I wonder, why, if she participated in the interview, there isn't a comment from her about bring slapped.

Season 6

Ericka was sitting on Yo's couch (probably not wearing underwear) when Yo decided to call producers about Ericka.  Rinna and Rileen saw Ericka's "fabulousness" right away.

Munchhausen. Yo says she has a pretty brilliant mind. Chris Cullen says Kyle and LVP were hearing rumors that Yo had Munchausen, but didn't know what it was.  Kyle says Rinna told her a friend said that and then Kyle told Vanderpump.  Kyle says she was only repeating what Rinna said, but LVP wanted it on the show.  Chris Cullen says LVP was pushing Rinna to bring it up because her friend was spreading the rumor.  Rinna says LVP had called her for awhile and Kyle was in on it too.  Rinna says she was being produced without knowing she was produced.   Eileen days Vanderpump was the sniper. She got Rinna to take the hit and stand back and watch all the havoc.  Eileen says Rinna and she decided they weren't going near the Munchausen thing.  Chris Cullen says no one knew what was happening the day Rinna read the definition at LVP's house.  Eileen showed up, Rinna was upset, Eileen asked her why she brought it up, Rinna says she was manipulated (no details on when or how she got manipulated).  Chris Cullen thinks LVP might have brought up Rinna establishing herself on the 2nd season.  Eileen says Rinna backpedaled and she heard LVP say There goes our storyline.     Rinna says she fell into it because she truly did question whether Yo was really sick.

Again, LVP was interviewed for this book and nada from the author. Did she refuse to answer--I think he would mention that.  Did he not ask her?  I'm confused why her perspective is left out.

• Useful 7
  • Love 11
Just now, Cosmocrush said:

@dosodog thanks for taking one for the team by reading and posting about this! 👏

Yes, thanks so much DOSODOG! I meant to thank you in my previous post. I plan on reading the book eventually, but it's so nice you giving us all the good parts! lol I appreciate it. 

• Love 5

Thanks!  I feel it's the least I can do because y'all tell me what's going on in the show so I don't have to watch it!  LOL!

I feel I'm missing out on Garcelle though.

LVP finally has comments!  But!  Doso doesn't care that you are waiting because its walking time.  My butt has been poked by his nose enough times already that I can't put it off any longer.

Back with the rest tonight. 

Edited by dosodog
  • LOL 7
  • Love 10

All right here we go. Panty gate was glossed over. They mainly talked about PK putting himself in the middle of it.  Eileen told him to let Dorit defend herself, PK said she's too vulnerable. That was about it.

Eden Sassoon says Rinna put "Kim is close to death" in her head, but didn't think that was true--she thought Kim was a tortured soul, but not using drugs.

Chris Cullen has no idea why Rinna lied about something--not remembering she said Kim was near death and Kyle was enabling her, that she had just shot with Eden.  Eden says Rinna is very aware of everything going on, but likes to pretend she doesn't. 

Andy Cohen says he howled with laughter when Rinna asked Dorit if she was doing coke in the bathroom.  Rinna says production told her someone was doing coke in the bathroom.   She creates iconic moments and that was one of them. 

Andy and Kyle knew about the bunny before the reunion.   Rinna did not.  Andy and Kyle were laughing until they saw the single tear.  Rinna says  she ended up on her bathroom floor, in the fetal position after the reunion because Kim triggered something deep and dark from her childhood, but doesn't know what was triggered.

Dorit claims production gave her a different time to meet Teddi.  Chris Cullen says they do not stagger meeting times to create conflict.  They were both given the same time, but Dorit went to a prior meeting and that was why she was late.

• Useful 11
  • Love 3

Lucy Lucy Apple Juice.   I'm going in order of interview splices.

Dorit says nothing new about adopting, trying to make dog fit, gave dog to a woman they thought wanted the dog, told LVP. 

Alex Baskin production says LVP told him what happened, but didn't want it on the show.  He says the other women would dispute that--why bring it up if you didn't want it on.

Ericka says based on her 4 years with LVP, she definitely had a hand in it.

Alex says they had conversations with LVP on the first day of shooting and they were shooting at Vanderpump dogs.  Production knew the basics:  Teddi was having behind the scene conversations with Blizzard and she thought LVP wanted her to bring up the dog to get rid of Dorit.

A couple of statements about how LVP would always befriend the newbie to groom them.

Teddi was excited to be groomed and didn't like Dorit.

Ericka says LVP gets on the phone and works you and stands back with "clean hands".

Comments about how BH howives beat stories to death.

Dorit says the story took on a life of its own.  She's never mistreated an animal and she got death threats. 

Chris Cullen says Teddi realized she was being set up and put the brakes on it.  Teddi says she realized at VDogs that she was set up and backed out.  When LVP lost the narrative, she leaked the story to the press.  She got it out before they could show she was lying.

Teddi says there is definitely a pattern of LVP leaking stories before the season starts so she looks good and others look bad.

Alex Baskin said that LVP wanted to have Production make the cast sit down and believe her.  Alex said that wasn't going to happen because all of the women wanted her off the show.

Dorit says it wasn't about a dog, but about a friendship. 

Douglas Ross says LVP couldn't admit to lying.

Rinna says Kyle was the missing link in the "real reckoning" of LVP.  Once Kyle saw it, it was game over.

Kyle could not sit on camera and say she didn't believe LVP did it because everyone would call her a "fucking liar".  Kyle wasn't going to yes her and she doesn't have blind loyalty as much as she loves LVP.  

Alex says Kyle went to LVP 's house to tell her what was said and Lisa couldn't handle Kyle calling her a liar on TV.

Kyle says it was so obvious and blatant what LVP was doing and she was annoyed because she wouldn't be honest about it.

And finally a comment from LVP.  She doesn't want to be negative about anybody. It's the way it worked out.  It's the way the women wanted it.  And that's it.  That's all I want to say.

Discussion about how hurt LVP was by Kyle.  Kyle saying she was terrified and shaking so bad, crewmembers were checking on her after Ken yelled at her.

They discuss LVP fans.  Brandi says LVP is obsessed and answers every tweet.  Like, that is her life. Rinna says the Vanderpump Army is brutal.  Ericka says LVP fans go out of their way to call them The Coven.  Dorit says LVP fans were threatening to hurt her children.  Teddi was okay with being called a shit stirrer but not I wish you were dead comments.

Kyle never cancels on a commitment and was mad LVP skipped reunion. Dorit didn't expect her to show up.  Teddi wishes she showed up to admit she let her minions loose on her and that she  loves dogs more than humans.  LVP says she left at a very low point in her life.  It was a sad ending to an amazing experience. 

LVP had tried to quit show before, some couldn't believe it actually happened.  Kyle couldn't understand why.  It wasn't a big deal.  Dorit says she told the press before the network and that showed her relationship with the press.  Rinna called it a cop out and cowardly.  Big injustice for her.

And it ends with LVP giving a beauty pageant speech:  Changed her life, so many great opportunities. Happy to be out.

Whew!  Denise is up next.  But I'm taking a break.

• Useful 7
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, dosodog said:

Andy and Kyle knew about the bunny before the reunion.   Rinna did not.  Andy and Kyle were laughing until they saw the single tear. 

I was laughing after I saw the single tear . . .

tumblr_ooepxhbd4S1ql5yr7o1_500.gifv

Edited by RealHousewife
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

Ericka says LVP gets on the phone and works you and stands back with "clean hands".

There was a boat scene one season where LVPilate was pretty gently called out by Kyle or someone about lying - I can’t remember what it was about- and it was clear LVP had been messy as hell.  Kyle seemed to accept the lying/messiness because she loved LVP and valued her very much as a friend.  

Guess LVP did it one too many times and then ....well....”Goodbye Kyle.”

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1

Denise. Season 10?

Teddi says that all Denise could talk about was sex and suddenly she wouldn't.  Chris Cullen says it's all the women could talk about--Denise was using the show to make them look bad and her good. 

Ericka was mad that she was singled out at the bbq.  Chris Cullen says she was trying to be someone she isn't. 

Brandi says production called her.  Production says they didn't go trolling for her and she brought the story to the women.

Then the women talk about Denise hitting it and ghosting Brandi.  Brandi says Denise kept her quiet for 7 months.  Then became her best friend again when Brandi was filming.

Rinna thinks Kim and Kyle told Production. Chris Cullen says they combed through previous examples of Brandi being a liar and she wasn't.  

They all talk about how Denise wouldn't be honest about who she is.  Brandi calls her LVP in overalls.

Then they say Teddi had to ask Denise the hard questions because they knew she was lying.  Teddi felt bad for Denise's marriage, but everyone was "pushing me, pushing me, pushing me, pushing me" so she had to out her. 

Her story kept changing constantly. That was the real problem they had with Denise.  And that she stopped showing up for work.

Bravo, Bravo, Bravo is not a call for production.  

Rinna says Denise asked the howives of the OC to sit on her face.

Ericka and Rinna were mad that Brandi was not at the reunion. She wasn't there because Denise said she'd leave if she was.

And.  The End.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

I think the moral of LVP's story is:

If you don't want to do something and someone asks you to, even if it's repeatedly, just don't.

Because per the reading, they were all onto LVP's shenanigans early on, but they still did her bidding.  I'm also curious why they all thought they had to kiss her ass.  I wasn't around in the beginning, but I'm going to assume she was the "breakout" housewife, so they wanted to stay in the good graces of a fan favorite?

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, dosodog said:

They all talk about how Denise wouldn't be honest about who she is.  Brandi calls her LVP in overalls.

Then they say Teddi had to ask Denise the hard questions because they knew she was lying.  Teddi felt bad for Denise's marriage, but everyone was "pushing me, pushing me, pushing me, pushing me" so she had to out her. 

Her story kept changing constantly. That was the real problem they had with Denise.  And that she stopped showing up for work.

lol Denise and LVP are nothing alike.

First of all, Denise may be a "wild thing," but she's very sweet. She doesn't talk down to to others or constantly mock people. Even though she's the more seasoned actress, Denise was not a good liar or quick on her feet. Mind you, I don't think Vanderpump is to the degree that others do either. I think much of her messiness is in plain sight, but she's strategic, slicker and manages to fool many fans out there. 

If Denise lied, it was to save her marriage and protect her children. She's not at all concerned with being little miss perfect like LVP.

Whether or not Denise was lying, it was none of their damn business. Do they not get how horribly gross it is to push a woman to talk about her sex life over and over? That whole thing has to be one of the most violating things I've seen on this show. 

It's true Denise is loose with all the sex and penis talk, and the women probably didn't mean to get raunchy within earshot of the kids. I can see that being an honest mistake. But they showed how little they cared about them pushing that storyline. I guess it was okay because their dad is Charlie Sheen? Gross. 

4 hours ago, charming said:

The Fox Force Five are obsessed with the idea that LVP and Denise "made them look bad". No dummies, you make yourself look bad on and off the show. It's amazing to me that they still blame LVP for everything and act like they're innocent angels. 

I know. LVP's been gone for awhile, and most of them aren't looking any better. 

3 hours ago, dosodog said:

I think the moral of LVP's story is:

If you don't want to do something and someone asks you to, even if it's repeatedly, just don't.

Because per the reading, they were all onto LVP's shenanigans early on, but they still did her bidding.  I'm also curious why they all thought they had to kiss her ass.  I wasn't around in the beginning, but I'm going to assume she was the "breakout" housewife, so they wanted to stay in the good graces of a fan favorite?

Yup. 

In defense of the other women, most of them wisened up after they got to know LVP.  I can see falling for it the first time tbh, but after that, it's on you. I initially felt bad for Teddi because she was the newest and the youngest. I can see a Lisa Vanderpump type being intimidating to her. Brandi described LVP as intoxicating. I can see her being charming and getting others to feel special befriending them. You figure you can trust her and part of the show is conflict, so you open your mouth and repeat what LVP has put in your ear. Then you realize you stepped in poo and are on your own while LVP gets to smell like roses.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, dosodog said:

It's called preying on the weak, Teddi.  Ask Kyle about that.

• Love 13

I just hate the lack of accountability, even from “own it” Rinna and accountable Teddi. LVP is manipulative but she wasn’t holding a gun to their heads and they both played victims on the show. I think the only similarity between LVP and Denise is that Rinna, Kyle, and Erika were jealous of them and that’s why they were targeted. Now they also may have had issues outside of the jealousy (I’m absolutely sure of it in LVP’s case) but what determines whether someone is a target on this show is the other women’s jealousy. They are always jealous of the fan favorite which is what LVP and Denise were. They were jealous of LVP’s spin-off, which Kyle and Rinna in particular coveted, and I think Erika was jealous that LVP was more popular with the gay community than she was. With Denise, they were also jealous of her career and fame outside the show. The reason that Rinna and Kyle don’t hold Erika accountable is because they aren’t jealous of her. She’s almost universally hated, and now she’s relatively poor. She makes them feel superior so they are nice to her and they want to keep her around. She may also know where the bodies are buried.

I think Dorit and Teddi have different reasons for their participation in the gang ups. Dorit was angry that LVP outted her for not returning the dog and it ending up in a shelter. With Denise, Dorit was in an unholy alliance with the other members of Fox Force Five (a survival tactic) so she didn’t defend her or take on the other women, but she didn’t fully participate in the attacks either because I don’t think she had a problem with Denise. Teddi engaged in the pile ons in part because of her loyalty to Kyle (they did become really good friends) and in LVP’s case she didn’t like being manipulated. Teddi is also pretty thin skinned so Denise’s supposed bad mouthing of her also contributed to her attacks on Denise but also (in part shown by her own comments in this book) she’s gullible and she isn’t too bright so I think Kyle, Rinna, Erika, and Brandi all manipulated her. That’s my read on the situation anyway. 

Edited by glowbug
  • Useful 6
  • Love 12
19 minutes ago, glowbug said:

The reason that Rinna and Kyle don’t hold Erika accountable is because they aren’t jealous of her. She’s almost universally hated, and now she’s relatively poor. She makes them feel superior so they are nice to her and they want to keep her around. She may also know where the bodies are buried.

I also think the women might be frightened of Erika. Denise can can curse, leave, want off the show, but she's not the type to scream and threaten. LVP can be shady, but she doesn't have Erika's temper or ugliness either. 

• Love 13

I will never get over how gross they were to Denise. Especially in contrast to how they treated Erika. Probably not a shock that Garcelle and Sutton defended Denise and have Erickas number. Dorit to a lesser extent. Rinna is a hell beast. Denise was her friend for two decades! 
I don’t know what went on with Brandi, if anything. 🤢 But I always thought there was an underlying issue of Charlie Sheen. Rewatching there’s mentioning of him trying to get out of his child support. Denise was pretty passive. But then she was always nicer than he deserves. Now with Sami moving out because Denise is ‘too strict’ because we all know that’s what it is, I just think there was something custody related and so Denise clammed up on the sex stuff and tried to be more clean cut on camera. If that’s true, and I can’t quite put my finger on it, the woman, particularly Lisa, are even crueler. But I totally think there was an undercurrent we didn’t see. 

Edited by lawrbk
  • Useful 5
  • Love 13

I think the only similarity between LVP and Denise is that Rinna, Kyle, and Erika were jealous of them and that’s why they were targeted.

I think the whole jealous thing is a weak reasoning for why some people don't like each other.

To me, it seemed like LVP was always a manipulative shit-stirrer, the rest of the women just seemed to finally have enough of it.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

I think the whole jealous thing is a weak reasoning for why some people don't like each other.

I couldn't agree more. That reasoning is overused in general.

I know some are big fans of LVP, but I never really thought of her as better than the others.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Hiyo said:

To me, it seemed like LVP was always a manipulative shit-stirrer, the rest of the women just seemed to finally have enough of it.

sniper-erika.gif

One thing Erika was right about.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, dosodog said:

Chris Cullen has no idea why Rinna lied about something--not remembering she said Kim was near death and Kyle was enabling her, that she had just shot with Eden.  Eden says Rinna is very aware of everything going on, but likes to pretend she doesn't. 

Andy and Kyle knew about the bunny before the reunion.   Rinna did not.  Andy and Kyle were laughing until they saw the single tear.  Rinna says  she ended up on her bathroom floor, in the fetal position after the reunion because Kim triggered something deep and dark from her childhood, but doesn't know what was triggered.

Of course she she pretends she doesn't know. That's why I don't believe her "I was so drunk during the dinner party, I had no idea what was going on" excuse.

I remember Kyle looking uncomfortable when Kim brought the bunny out, not laughing.

15 hours ago, dosodog said:

LVP had tried to quit show before, some couldn't believe it actually happened.  Kyle couldn't understand why.  It wasn't a big deal.  Dorit says she told the press before the network and that showed her relationship with the press.  Rinna called it a cop out and cowardly.  Big injustice for her.

Funny how this is a big injustice, yet stealing money from widows and orphans and threatening people is totally ok.

• Love 15