Type keyword(s) to search

Lisa Rinna: These are the Lips of her Life

• Start Topic

This solo picture of Lisa all made up reminds me so much of an incident in high school.  I was about to go out with a guy I'd never dated before, and he was quite a catch.  That afternoon, I spent hours in the bathtub (not really hours), and sooner or later I got started on my makeup.  I knew little about how to do the eyes except what I saw in movie star magazines.  At last, I was finished and expected a standing ovation from my family.  Instead, there was total silence until my mother finally spoke up.  "WHERE did you get those raccoon eyes?" she wondered.  Raccoon eyes?  Is that what I looked like?  With five minutes to spare, I managed to scrub the eyes until they were both beet red, and I remember that nightmare whenever I look at Lisa.  I think she is accenting the eyes so much because it takes the attention away from the lips.

• Love 3
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Pimping is a pretty abhorrent thing. 

It was a fraternity house at Berkeley that allowed women to live there and he was the president of the fraternity. It was the 70s so it was a scandal at the University. Harry transferred to Yale after they asked him to leave.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm no apologist  for Harry Hamlin, but based on only the news here, I don't see that Harry did anything more than many other frat boys of that decade... and certainly not enough to cause an international incident.  Further, I don't see Yale accepting Harry if his background was all that shameful.  I'm not sanctioning what he did, but I have to wonder whether Berkeley made too much of it.  On the other hand, after the 1960's turmoil at Berkeley, maybe they were super sensitive about their public image. Either way, Harry paid a steep price for his shenanigans.

Edited by Lura
typo
  • Love 3
On July 15, 2016 at 7:20 PM, Kokapetl said:

Canada can be very very particular about who they allow entry.

Many many US citizens have been turned away for less. For instance, ever had a dui? Even one decades ago? Want to go to Canada? Be prepared.

21 minutes ago, Lura said:

Further, I don't see Yale accepting Harry if his background was all that shameful.

If you have the money and intelligence to meet that requirement you are accepted.  Universities and colleges are a business.  

• Love 4

Is there confirmation that she is back for this season? Just wondering because on the fake Bravo award show that they did every winner was either there or did a video, even Mariah Carey, but for Lisa they had a not flattering impression of her by Amy Phillips to accept her award.

Not sure if this is the right place but I just read that Lisa's daughter signed with a modeling agency. Lisa is just SO proud. How about being proud of your daughter for going to college, graduating, doing something to benefit other people, fulfilling her life with something other than how she looks (like the Kartrashians) and making a meaningful contribution to the world? I guess this just proves to all of us (as if we didn't already know it) how truly superficial all of these Hollywood people are.  They should all watch Simone Biles in the Olympics. Now that's someone to admire and emulate!

• Love 2

I wouldn't go to Canada unless I was going to a David Foster fundraiser.

Lisa posted some photo of Harry and David at the event - and the story on the gossip site was calling it a dig at yoyo because Rinna comments on life being weird and two handsome men.......Now that her daughters are modeling, Heaven forbid Lisa will get in some 'battle/journey'.

People will whisper about it and it will become the Topic du Jour/Season, complete with Dr. visits and hospital stays? 

I really don't mean it. It just seems that as soon as there is someone who claims to be a 'truth cannon', they blow themselves up and need medical aid?

• Love 2

I saw the bit about Lisa's daughter on the front page this morning.  What's with these Hollywood daughters?  Or mothers?  You have to be a model before becoming an actress or you're not really worth much?  Hollywood is a lot like daycare for 5-year-olds, playing a game  of "Monkey See, Monkey Do."  The Kardashians and the Kadids have started something, and the name of the game is now "Rejection."  It's too bad, IMHO.

• Love 1

Those pics make me sad for LR and her daughters.  They will never be A list models or actresses, just like mom.   How refreshing it would be to see one of these women tell their kids to go to college, fine their passion, go make a life outside Hollywood.  But, it seems all the mom's are in competition with each other to have their kids be "famous". 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, notnowimbusy said:

Those pics make me sad for LR and her daughters.  They will never be A list models or actresses, just like mom.   How refreshing it would be to see one of these women tell their kids to go to college, fine their passion, go make a life outside Hollywood.  But, it seems all the mom's are in competition with each other to have their kids be "famous". 

Well, Pandora went to college and both of Kyle's older daughters did/are doing college as well, heck, even Kim's daughters have gone to college. It's only Yolanda and Rinna that have encouraged their daughters/son to go into modeling.

• Love 6
On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:27 AM, Kokapetl said:

Lisar's daughter, Blonde Rinna-Hamlin, scored her first fashion show. Gigi threw her a bone and she walked in the TOMMYxGIGI show. 

That was nice of Gigi.  Seriously.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, NewDigs said:

And Hilfiger. He must think very highly of Gigi to go out on a limb for not only an unknown but an unknown who, imho, isn't much of a model.

Agreed.  At least, now, Delilah can say she did it and go back to school and get an education.  Because she certainly needs something to fall back on. 

I wonder if Yolanda encouraged Gigi to get Delilah this gig.

• Love 1
On 8/14/2016 at 4:40 AM, Kokapetl said:

delilah-belle-02.jpg

delilah-belle-06.jpg

I have to say I prefer this look the stark plasticized look that Bella has. Not that Bella isn't stunning, but I like how fresh faced Delilah looks. Bella looks much older and harder than her age, maybe its because she rarely smiles. In the first photo, she kind of reminds me of a teenage Naomi Watts. 

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 9:29 AM, MatildaMoody said:

I have to say I prefer this look the stark plasticized look that Bella has. Not that Bella isn't stunning, but I like how fresh faced Delilah looks. Bella looks much older and harder than her age, maybe its because she rarely smiles. In the first photo, she kind of reminds me of a teenage Naomi Watts. 

IMO Bella's fashion photos (only) give the impression that she's she been on her back in quite a few yachts and knows the deal. Jaded and used she looks hardened before she looks sophisticated.

• Love 2

I think these girls have a shot at a good modeling career.  If you have the height and body weight, make up can transform a face.  I think they are both very attractive so I am not saying they need make up to look good.  Their faces are generic enough to be a canvas is my point.  

• Love 1

I watched a BH reunion today. The one where Rinna drops the eff bomb 155 times and fake cries because her Dad shushed her. >>> Insert eye roll.

I'd almost forgotten how obnoxious and mean this heffa is. She's worse than Brandy. Looking forward to watching her get spanked by Lisa and Kyle, though.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Rinna gives an interview-I don't think Rinna was "forced" to give an opinion about Yolanda's health.  Interesting perspective:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/58531264e4b0630a25423127?timestamp=1481994609838

Yes, it is interesting and it supports my complaint that LisaV is getting all the blame associated with the Munchausen storyline instead of Rinna. Both Rinna and Eileen worked hard in Daubi and at the reunion to make sure viewers forgot Rinna is to blame, not Lisa, not Kyle but Rinna.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't think either Kyle or LVP really wanted Yolanda's health as a topic.  I think Rinna was steamed Yolanda showed up at her birthday and garnered the attention with a new BFF, who had visa troubles.  http://www.nbcnewyork.com/on-air/as-seen-on/Catching-Up-with-Lisa-Rinna_New-York-406330235.html

Rinna on air in NY talking RHOBH and both her daughters getting modeling agencies?  Seems suspect.

I know you and most others here disagreed with me last season but I still think Rinna was talking about her own daughters on the beach with Eileen, not Yolanda's daughters. And, I think that Eileen helped convince Yolanda to help Rinna's girls out (modeling contacts through Gigi) and that is why Rinna jumped on the Yolanda bus so quickly.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I know you and most others here disagreed with me last season but I still think Rinna was talking about her own daughters on the beach with Eileen, not Yolanda's daughters. And, I think that Eileen helped convince Yolanda to help Rinna's girls out (modeling contacts through Gigi) and that is why Rinna jumped on the Yolanda bus so quickly.

Here is an interesting tidbit-Rinna went on and on, in her blog I believe, about how her daughter did everything all on her own.  The interview I just posted Rinna is now talking about how she is going to be a Momager.  I don't think Yolanda can stand the sight of Rinna, Yolanda may be addled but Brandi and Kim's visceral dislike of Rinna is what Yolanda hears.  I think it is nice that the girl got a spin with Gigi and the Tommy Hilfiger stuff, but I think that is more of a PR move than any Yolanda influence.  Last year after the Reunion taped-there were stories how Yolanda totally cold shouldered Rinna at a Fashion Week show. If Rinna were getting Momager advice, I would think she would go with Kris Jenner.  

I see the Hamlin girls becoming sold C-listers.  They are cute but I can't see Rinna relinquishing the spotlight anytime soon.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Here is an interesting tidbit-Rinna went on and on, in her blog I believe, about how her daughter did everything all on her own.  The interview I just posted Rinna is now talking about how she is going to be a Momager.  I don't think Yolanda can stand the sight of Rinna, Yolanda may be addled but Brandi and Kim's visceral dislike of Rinna is what Yolanda hears.  I think it is nice that the girl got a spin with Gigi and the Tommy Hilfiger stuff, but I think that is more of a PR move than any Yolanda influence.  Last year after the Reunion taped-there were stories how Yolanda totally cold shouldered Rinna at a Fashion Week show. If Rinna were getting Momager advice, I would think she would go with Kris Jenner.  

I see the Hamlin girls becoming sold C-listers.  They are cute but I can't see Rinna relinquishing the spotlight anytime soon.

Yolanda was so bent on destroying Lisa last season, that I believe she would promise Rinna whatever in order to have Rinna go after Lisa for her. Heck, for a while Brandi was singing Rinna's praises for going after Lisa....so, Brandi had stepped off the hate Rinna train. LOL Kim means nothing to Yolanda, she doesn't care what Kim says or thinks/feels unless Brandi points out Yolanda can use her against Kyle, otherwise, Yolanda doesn't pay attention to her.

Who knows how far the Hamlin girls will go, did anyone really think Gigi and Bella would achieve their current levels 5 years ago? The "modeling" world isn't the same world it was 10 years ago.

I don't think Yolanda has anything to do with any of them and none of them have anything to do with her!  Mutual.    They were never friends to begin with so why continue to fake a fake friendship?  

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I don't think Yolanda has anything to do with any of them and none of them have anything to do with her!  Mutual.    They were never friends to begin with so why continue to fake a fake friendship?  

I don't think Yolanda actually did anything for the Hamlin girls but I would not put it past her to act like she would. I can see Eileen telling/selling Rinna she thought Yolanda would help if Rinna sided with her/Yolanda.

Despite the claims of Erika and Eileen, I really doubt that either has had any real life contact (outside twitter/SM) with Yolanda since the announcement was made that Yolanda was not coming back, none! LOL

• Love 3
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I don't think Yolanda actually did anything for the Hamlin girls but I would not put it past her to act like she would. I can see Eileen telling/selling Rinna she thought Yolanda would help if Rinna sided with her/Yolanda.

Despite the claims of Erika and Eileen, I really doubt that either has had any real life contact (outside twitter/SM) with Yolanda since the announcement was made that Yolanda was not coming back, none! LOL

I don't think Yolanda has any pull at all with anyone for any reason, anywhere, including her children.  Her Lyme nonsense queered anyone thinking she may have been somebody.  Hollywood is all about hooking up with the somebodies.  

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I don't think Yolanda has any pull at all with anyone for any reason, anywhere, including her children.  Her Lyme nonsense queered anyone thinking she may have been somebody.  Hollywood is all about hooking up with the somebodies.  

At the time they were filming last season, the other HWs did not know she/David were separated let alone about to divorce, so she still had the illusion of having world wide connections thru David as well as her connections through Gigi/Bella.

As for today, Yolanda still has power but it is now through her daughters, she still has those connections. 

• Love 2

Okay so Rinna, who had another case of diarrhea of the mouth, just couldn't resist and had to throw some shade on the LVP/Kyle relationship.   http://www.allabouttrh.com/2016/12/20/monday-lisa-rinna-admits-to-being-easily-manipulated-plus-dishes-on-drama-between-kyle-richards-and-lvp/

I would say last season wasn't as dark as she described it.  For the most part it was she and Eileen raining on the parade.  I strongly dislike Rinna because she makes it seem as if it was like RHONYC-and it just wasn't.   Such a copy cat. 

Apparently LVP and Kyle are doing fine-even though Kyle insists on doing the pursed lips pose: 

No surprise Rinna gets into it with both the new ladies.

So Rinna was on Heather McDonald and they start with how they met:  http://wondery.com/wondery/shows/juicyscoop/

McDonald talks about how Rinna told her that Rinna's mother was kidnapped, stabbed and hit in the head by a serial killer.  He was a co-worker who offered her a ride to the dentist.  He is currently awaiting execution on California's Death Row. http://thedevilandthedeathpenalty.com/david-carpenter-the-point-reyes-killer-3/  He was released from prison after serving six years for the attack on Lois Rinna.  (This happened before she married Rinna's dad.)

• Love 3
On 19/12/2016 at 6:40 AM, wings707 said:

Yolanda is chummy with Paul Marciano, who owns Guess Jeans. That's where Gigi got her start. 

21 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

So Rinna was on Heather McDonald and they start with how they met:  http://wondery.com/wondery/shows/juicyscoop/

McDonald talks about how Rinna told her that Rinna's mother was kidnapped, stabbed and hit in the head by a serial killer.  He was a co-worker who offered her a ride to the dentist.  He is currently awaiting execution on California's Death Row. http://thedevilandthedeathpenalty.com/david-carpenter-the-point-reyes-killer-3/  He was released from prison after serving six years for the attack on Lois Rinna.  (This happened before she married Rinna's dad.)

Jesus Christ. Just how many serial killers did California have in the seventies? 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 4