Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

Thanks for the update Arwen. It sounds like you have a good team caring for you and they are on the case!  Much love to you. 

AND you have a good team of cyber friends here that love you as well! you are covered!

• Love 6

I'm just overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and caring not just from those who know me personally, but from those who have never met me. My sister and former employer and family friends are part of prayer groups and you guys are keeping the love going as well.  I really feel loved and protected whenever I go for tests or treatments  because so many people ar standing with me.

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I really feel loved and protected whenever I go for tests or treatments  because so many people ar standing with me.

as it should be!

• Love 4

Okay, y'all totally made me cry at work! I firmly believe love and prayers and good thoughts can be felt, even if you aren't in physical contact with the person or even know them.

Continue to kick butt, Arwen; you've got an army behind you!

• Love 7
23 hours ago, awaken said:

@Arwen Evenstar I am not a frequent poster to this thread, but wanted you to know that I am following your updates and thinking of you!  We all care about you and are hoping for your continued health and healing.

Co-sign. Regular lurker, rare poster, but sending lots of good thoughts to Arwen.

• Love 8

As I've said, your journey and reading about the chemo hearkens back to my cousin's treatment, which had, I think, a significantly gloomier prognosis than yours at the outset. He had two rounds of chemo, then surgery for a previously "inoperable" slew of tumors, and continues cancer-free and looking & feeling fantastic almost two years  (and counting!!) later. I continue to believe that you will have an outcome every bit as positive as his. Sorry to keep bringing him up, but he is one of my very favorite people on the face of the planet, an inspiration and benchmark for success through staying positive and refusing to give up!

• Love 9

Arwen: My friend Diane got her three-years-free-of-cancer report today, and my daughter's friend's daughter got her one-year-free report yesterday. So, see, great results are happening for lots of people, and it can happen for you. Arwen's Army is battling for you.

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, Porkchop said:

Arwen: My friend Diane got her three-years-free-of-cancer report today, and my daughter's friend's daughter got her one-year-free report yesterday. So, see, great results are happening for lots of people, and it can happen for you. Arwen's Army is battling for you.

Wonderful news for your friend and daughter's friend's daughter! That's just so awesome!!!

• Love 3
On 6/17/2017 at 0:20 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

As I've said, your journey and reading about the chemo hearkens back to my cousin's treatment, which had, I think, a significantly gloomier prognosis than yours at the outset. He had two rounds of chemo, then surgery for a previously "inoperable" slew of tumors, and continues cancer-free and looking & feeling fantastic almost two years  (and counting!!) later. I continue to believe that you will have an outcome every bit as positive as his. Sorry to keep bringing him up, but he is one of my very favorite people on the face of the planet, an inspiration and benchmark for success through staying positive and refusing to give up!

That's a great story, Jynnan! I hope your cousin gets to stay cancer free!  Love stories like this.

• Love 4

so, i went on a road trip to deliver grandson #1 to my son in texas for the summer. we made a two day trip to arkansas but alas, it was was the south-west corner of the state so no duggar sighting. it was gorgeous country, tho. you can believe that if we'd gone further north, i would have been your eyes and ears for you! 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, zoomama said:

so, i went on a road trip to deliver grandson #1 to my son in texas for the summer. we made a two day trip to arkansas but alas, it was was the south-west corner of the state so no duggar sighting. it was gorgeous country, tho. you can believe that if we'd gone further north, i would have been your eyes and ears for you! 

My sis , her hubs, and their 2 kids were in Branson last weekend No sightings of Jerick on their babymoon.

• Love 1

Arwen, continued best luck for you, keep fighting and winning.

I'm finally off to Ireland on Saturday, yay. I've been looking forward to this for six month. 

Everybody, have a great summer, and continue the wonderful snark

• Love 9
4 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Arwen, continued best luck for you, keep fighting and winning.

I'm finally off to Ireland on Saturday, yay. I've been looking forward to this for six month. 

Everybody, have a great summer, and continue the wonderful snark

Aaaaargh, I'm so jealous! Ireland is one of my bucket list trips! Hope you have an awesome time!

I was on a phone call with Ireland this morning (along with Brazil, France, and Canada) for work with my global team. Sitting in Dallas where it was already almost 90 degrees at 8am, I dreamed I was in Ireland with that team. I've been to England and Scotland, but never Ireland.

• Love 2

I'm sorry..........I'll keep my fingers crossed that you too will be able to visit some day. I used to live there, so really looking forward to it.

Naturally, while I am fucking delirious with happiness that it FINALLY cooled down, it's lashing with rain......thanks Karma. One of the reasons I'm going is that I cannot stomach another hot and humid summer - the entire June has been a nightmare. I demand hot weather!!!

Today is my birthday, and the weather is nice. Monday was a record high of 98 degrees. I was able to stand the heat, but the minute I turned off the air conditioner and the fan on, the heat hit me at bedtime to the point of making me sick the next day. Next week it is suppose to be hot out. I am waiting to hear about the fires we will have in the area from the fireworks due to how hot and dry it is outside next week. Where I live a person can get a fine of $100.00 if they are caught letting off fireworks.

Happy Canada Day to all our pals in the True North.  I'd gladly honor you with a heartfelt rendition of O Canada but maybe you'd rather not.  English only, I'm afraid.  I've forgotten the French and never could wrap my voice around Inuktitut.

Love, LTTP (one quarter Canadian myself)

• Love 5
On 6/29/2017 at 11:26 AM, bigskygirl said:

Today is my birthday, and the weather is nice. Monday was a record high of 98 degrees. I was able to stand the heat, but the minute I turned off the air conditioner and the fan on, the heat hit me at bedtime to the point of making me sick the next day. Next week it is suppose to be hot out. I am waiting to hear about the fires we will have in the area from the fireworks due to how hot and dry it is outside next week. Where I live a person can get a fine of $100.00 if they are caught letting off fireworks.

Hope you had a lovely Birthday and you are still celebrating!

• Love 1

I went to a concert last night. Clare Bowen from Nashville. She did the whole concert barefoot.

Before the concert, I was having dinner at a Mexican restaurant with a friend. It's very clearly marked as a Mexican restaurant, and has the compete menu on the wall outside the main doors. A guy walked in and asked the hostess if they served pizza.

• Love 5

The Lincoln area was hit with a 5.8 earthquake at 12:30 a.m. I felt it while trying to sleep this morning. No major damage or injuries, but it was spooky. There was a minor aftershock within a few minutes of the first earthquake. Maybe the devil is trying to tell my fellow heathens something.

They said this is the first major earthquake in twenty years in the area. I remembered the last one, but this one was more scary and spooky. I blame the devil for this and will try to read the bible and pray to save the heathens from another frightening earthquake since I obviously have been slacking on the job. And while I am at it, DONATE!!!

I've been away for a little while, life got busy. I just wanted to say how happy I am that @Arwen Evenstar is feeling better and treatment is helping. Much love and frontal hugs coming your way with prayers and good wishes for the future. This is a great community and I'm glad you have taken comfort here as I have in the past. We are all here for you and anyone else who needs a little love and care.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

That is fantastic !  And if they ever   ask if you told anyone  just  say only about  100 of my nearest  and dearest  friends . 

Haha! Yup If I admit to it, that will probably be close to what I'd say :)

• Love 2

That fire is on my route to work through the outskirts of downtown, but I'm off for summer break. The wind blew southeast that day (which is why it made it down to Livermore). Being due north, we didn't get any smoke here, although we are less than two miles from ground zero. The helicopters flying over were what actually woke me up that morning. They were relentless for hours! 

• Love 1