Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

It may have been a piece of long jewelry or something, but I swear I saw a tattoo on Mary Beth's left rib cage when Eve was pushing her out the door. Her crop top rode up a little bit and it looked like there was ink. Maybe Mary Beth has a secret bad girl side.

• Love 1

Except that Sami and Lucas were a couple for quite a while and together emotionally.  And had a LOT of happy times.  EJami?  Not so much.  And that's what non-EJami fans just don't get it

Sami and Lucas have a history that predates EJ's arrival by a decade. They earned their happy moments and their complicated past wasn't swept under the rug and wrapped up in a week's time. Plus, they were friends first. Real friends, not the kind that pretend to care about you just so they could carry out their father's creepy plan to create a Dimera/Brady hybrid.  EJ was out to control Sami before he even stepped foot in Salem, and hasn't stopped. Those pictures Sami found in his safe eliminated all doubt that he was still all about control even after they'd supposedly become a happy couple.  So, it's not that I don't "get it", it's that I don't think  that their relationship is based on love and mutual respect and is deserving of happy times.

• Love 2

You're not responding to what the actual discussion at hand is, though.   Whether you feel that Lucas/Sami earned their happiness or not, the point is they GOT their happiness, regardless of how long they were married.  They got tons of happy times.   EJ and Sami, whether you think they earned it or not, barely received any happy times, not even remotely tons.  And *their* fans believed they earned it.  BIG-TIME.  Because we've been waiting since 2006.  And the actors are leaving the show in one month and we've gotten a whopping two to four months of happy times!  Out of EIGHT years!   That is the discussion at hand.  So, yeah, that's what I am saying that many non-EJami fans don't seem to get.  We haven't enjoyed the vast amount of the eight years that EJami have been on the air, merely enjoying the crumbs and the fabulous AS/JS chemistry because we've been screwed out of seeing our couple together and happy like at all.  Except for TWO DAYS before Lucas got out of prison, and two-four months last year (a bunch of which Sami was in jail), EJ and Sami have not been together or have not been happy or have not been a couple or have been paired with other people.   That has not been the case for Sami and Lucas.   THAT is the discussion at hand.

You may not think that EJ and Sami have a relationship that is based on love and mutual respect and is deserving of happy times.   Well, I do (as do EJami fans).   I personally don't think that Lucas and Sami have a relationship that is based on mutual respect and is deserving of happy times (but they got it, as do most, if not all other popular couples, just not EJami).   Love, yes, but certainly not mutual respect.  I have never seen respect from either one to the other at all.  Especially not from Lucas to Sami.  I've seen a man who wants her to be better, a better person, more like her sister, more honest, more less like she is, someone else.  I've seen Sami always apologizing for who she is, always trying to be someone she's not, always hiding the real person with him.   I liked them as conniving friends together, but once they turned on each other and became enemies, I became Team!Sami all the way, and once romance entered the picture, I had no interest because I never saw a Lucas who loved or wanted Sami as she was.  

Brandon wanted and liked Sami as she was, until he changed his tune, and then EJ came along and EJ always wanted and liked and then loved Sami exactly as she was in all of her Samantha Gene Brady ways and that's how I see it... and that's how Sami sees it... and that's how it HAS been written on the show.  I will give every regime that.  Every regime has never changed THAT, we've always gotten some variation on that line from day one from EJ to Sami that he loves Sami as she is, good, bad, and everything in between, all of her, Samantha Gene Brady.  And that's always been the main reason I love them.   And yet, back to the discussion at hand, as an EJami fan, I've been screwed out of seeing them happy as a couple.  This despite the fact that they are a popular couple and have been for the eight years that James Scott has been on the show and on-screen opposite Alison Sweeney.   So back to the original point that started this whole discussion... no, they are not on the bottom of the list of screwed-over couples, not by a long shot.

I don't necessarily disagree with you on your personal perspective on Sami/Lucas, EJ/Sami, I'm a Lumi fan through and through but I can recognize that Ejami fans have their perspective as well.

What I can never fully grasp is the ideal that always comes up of "EJ is the only guy who has ever really accepted Sami as she is".  I wholeheartedly agree that when Sami is scheming and up to no good, EJ is her best partner but I don't necessarily consider that a "great" thing.  As you pointed out EJ and Sami have had very little happiness with each other over the last eight years. Maybe that is because when they are on opposite sides they are each others worst enemy.  Lucas and Sami had a solid friendship before they turned on each other and even at their worst there was always an undercurrent of attraction and love for each other. EJ and Sami have no real foundation outside of a history of predominantly hating one another, with a small intermission of happiness, and two children.  One of which was conceived during a time when they were starting to get along.  I think EJ does love Sami but I also think that there is a need for him to control and manipulate her because he knows just how strong an enemy she is and can be.

I think that Lucas, Brandon, and even Austin really admire and are attracted to Sami's "spark", but i can't disagree with their assessment that they want to see a change in her.  As Sami has grown the issues that plagued her as a teen and young woman are no longer front and center and I think that Lucas, Brandon, and Austin have tried to get Sami to see that the world isn't against her.

As pointed out that there must be a reason that Sami's strongest relationships have been with men who like her spark, aren't above a little trouble but ultimately want to play it straight.  Hell even Rafe, wasn't above helping Sami scheme for a good reason but not as a permanent part of their life.

I can't and don't ever deny that EJ and Sami have chemistry and love for each other, I just have never agreed that "EJ is the only one to ever accept Sami as she is".  My interpretation is that EJ has always accepted and encouraged Sami's darker side than any of the other men in her life. I think there is much more to Sami that her "darker" side and EJ doesn't seem to have a connection there.

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 3

I think Ejami (or JS and AS), given the heavy potential they showed with each other in the beginning and the amount of time they've both been on the show,  have gotten   strange writing spanning a lot of time. I do think the writing is strange by Days' standards.   Perhaps if you compare the writing to anything on GH or other soap operas it's not strange, but for the kind of couples Days has produced in the past  and even if you compare how Sami's other pairings have been written,  I am perplexed why EJ and Sami are written the way they are.  I think even Austin and Sami got less weird writing, even though Sami was completely desperate and loony-tunes there. Also, given that fans of the actors have been devoted to seeing their chemistry in whatever way they can,  and even the weird writing can't dissuade that devotion, I don't know why the writing has to be that bizarre.

Who knows what the writers are thinking. Either they like playing fanbases against each other or maybe their idea of romance is rather weird. I thought it was the former but after seeing Eric's weird Wolverine sex fantasies about Nicole, I'm beginning to think it's the latter.

Edited by bantering

Who knows what the writers are thinking. Either they like playing fanbases against each other or maybe their idea of romance is rather weird. I thought it was the former but after seeing Eric's weird Wolverine sex fantasies about Nicole, I'm beginning to think it's the latter.

I'm positive it's the latter. All the raping, plotting, and shooting? We're supposed to see that as proof of all.that.passion between EJ and Sami. And misunderstood soul mates. It's like "Beauty and the Beast", but with two Beasts to me.

Wolverine sex fantasies aside (God I fucking hate Wolverine... they've decided to kill him off in the comics and it's taking forever. Every stinking month for a year now '8 Months to Die' '6 Months to Die' until they write a whole mini series about him finally getting killed off. I hope he stays dead as long as Jean Grey has. Her I want around. Logan can go fuck off.) I thought Greg Vaughn looked hella sexy yesterday. His hair seemed a bit wilder than normal and even though Salem is weirdly Puritan in some aspects (and then weirdly totally okay with rape for some reason) I kind of see it as Eric loving Nicole even though he feels totally and completely betrayed by her and, thus, he's wildly angry at himself for still wanting her. That's rather normal when it comes down to it... although I do think he's right in NOT just grabbing her and throwing her down for some animal sex because, man, she's already up his ass 24/7 as it is. Her confession yesterday about how much she missed him started off well and then nose-dived deep into pathetic territory.

Walking by the Brady pub every day to see him? Buying his photos because it's all she has of him? I mean... it's heartbreaking as all get out. I understand the underlying desperate yearning for that One True Love but, Nicole, sweetheart... you've put it all out there, now's the time to back the fuck off. And Eric needs to just be... alone with his fantasies of her sparkly earrings. A friend of mine said that Nicole should have taken that job in New Mexico because Eric would have been on the next plane out to drag her ass back... Eric will always choose Nicole, it's just that Nicole doesn't GET that... which is sad in and of itself. But at this point, Eric needs to process more than just the whole priest thing... he's got to process that he's given up his only chance at justice for the sake of his family... Eric's so bloody self-sacrificing that he really needs to do something selfish; something totally for him; and it can't be Nicole right now because neither one of them are even prepared for that. If they got together now it would still be Nicole professing her undying love and how she does 'everything' for him and Eric would be constantly assuring her that he loves her or whatever and who the fuck wants to see that?!

I saw that with Ben and Abby the other day when they were arguing over who wasn't good enough for the other until I was just like "SHUT UP!!!!!!" Two fucking martyrs who don't deserve the title. Ugh. Speaking of... when Ben was on the bench with Abby after the Chad confrontation and he was all 'He will never talk like that to you again. I promise.' I literally said out loud "Fuck you."

I don't get these soap writers anymore. Not just Days... this has been an on-going problem for a long time. It's like they are completely incapable of writing a truly likable character without completely fucking it up. And God forbid they attempt to write a rootable romance! If they manage, it seems to be a complete accident. And then they don't even let it settle before they go out of their way to obliterate it.

Eve seems to have some wiggle room in not knowing exactly what the hookers did to JJ. On the upside, it wasn't too horrible (although, admittedly, if it had been a girl who was drugged and manhandled like that it would have squicked me out more) and it was made fairly clear that it was all for show and not actually about assaulting him... this is what happens when you involve desperate hookers into your stupid plans. And this plan is stupid. I get that Eve doesn't want Paige to be in love with JJ so she will go to Stanford but hasn't it been made clear that Paige can't go until next year? So breaking them up now is just going to give them the opportunity to patch things up by the time Stanford comes around again. It's stupid!! It's all fucking stupid!!

::breaks things::

At least Eric and Brady are on the same side again. I've got that.

• Love 4

I didn't even think Nu-Chad said anything THAT  bad to Abigail. I think he said she was on her "high horse" but he didn't go so far as to call her a hypocrite or any of Victor's favorite words. I was surprised the little Chad said, while well-delivered but not extremely wounding like what I've seen between other couples on this show, could make her slap him.

Maybe Chad went a little far in asking when Abigail was always hot for EJ and whether he was training wheels for her romp with EJ, but that seemed to be the truth. She's still thinking of EJ while kissing Ben so what Chad said about Abigail fantasizing about EJ while she was with Chad didn't seem off the mark. I did think he gave her an opening to burn him badly and say " Since you asked, yes, Chad, EJ was so  much better than you in bed!" but Abigail did show in her interaction with Sami that she's not very bright or quick on her feet with words. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

The Eve/Theresa scenes are always a treat for me because I believe their sisterly interactions and I do believe that deep down there is some form of affection but I've also come to some realizations about our dear characters:

Eve is a destructive mother to Paige the way Kate was to Lucas--deliberately hurting their kids in the guise of "helping" them.  Mark my words, Paige will be declaring that she hates her mom for what happened with JJ in a matter of months.

The actress that plays Paige is becoming more like KM's Abby everyday in that their characters are remarkably humorless and lacking in any charm. How they are the center of male attention is beyond me.

I guess the epic Hope/Bo relationship is going to end with Hope talking out-loud to a picture of Bo rather then to the actual man.  How completely lame.

I can understand that Sami still loves EJ but how can she ever trust him again is beyond me.   If they reconcile to live their happily ever after, will they actually be happy together?

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 2

Eve has a great bod but I wasn't crazy about the fit of her top yesterday. Lima Bean's hair and clothes looked good. Her personality sucks though. Everything Nicole looked bad. Hair and outfit and makeup. She's an idiot.

Abby looked stupid as well. Her dress looked Kristen-esque. I think he's lost weight and its not attractive.

Abby and chad scenes were painful.

Lima Bean's hair and clothes looked good. Her personality sucks though.

Seriously. I liked Paige well enough early on because she was able to see right through set ups but at this point... ugh.

Hey, writers, you know what? You can be a virgin who doesn't drink and still have a damned sense of humor. For that matter, you can be a good person and have a sense of humor, a sense of adventure, a sense of morals without being a complete and utter KILLJOY. The way she's written, I don't know what JJ sees in Paige. There's a sweetness about her but that only goes so far... there's got to be an actual personality, too.

Then again considering his mother and sister... 

Every time I see KDP's Eve with a glass of wine in her hand, I want her to be on Drunk History.

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 3

Why is Hope always crying? Can someone give her some zoloft? 

I don't know what to make of the Sami/Kate scenes. It seemed like they were still working together and Sami was playing EJ but I'm not sure. 

What a terrible ending for Bo and Hope. 

• Love 2

New Chad?  I LIKE (to borrow a phrase from Kate).  He better not be trying to play her, though if he is I have no doubt she'd come out on top.

Also, I love the relationship between Eve and Theresa.  Them snarking on each other (especially Theresa on Eve's singing) is so fun and natural.

• Love 1

Add me to the list of people who love Eve and Theresa. I completely buy them as sisters; and their snark is fantastic. I would definitely watch a whole hour of them bitching and drinking wine. As far as I'm concerned, they are the supercouple of Salem.

On another note, I'm really done with drugging/sexual assault storylines. I'm not sure when writers decided rape/sexual violence storylines were okay as long as male characters were the victims, but it's just as disgusting; and they need to figure out some new plot ideas, imo.

• Love 4

I'm liking new Chad too.  They never really utilized his character before as much as they should and I like that they carried over his resentment of Stefano and his closeness to Kate.

With him and EJ on the outs, and Lexi gone. Kate is the closest thing he has to family, outside of Will and Sonny.  Sami and Chad also have always had a sweet relationship because of Grace.

• Love 4

i think NuChad has a lot of potential.  

Casey was OK but he didn't seem very deep.  NuChad seems to have a few layers going on.  Let's hope!

I don't care who Sami lands up with.  No matter who it is, she will want someone else. Sami doesn't interest me. Although her current revenge plot has been fun.  It's a little played out now. 

I think that Daniel and Kristen make a good couple.  They seem to have a natural chemistry.  Maybe it was all that 50 Shades of Gray tie ups in the moving truck that got them all hot? 

Seriously, I think they must get along off camera because they have an easy way of speaking to eachother. Jenn and Daniel always feel forced. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 2

I think Nu-Chad seems like an actual Dimera. The last one seemed comparatively bland. At the time he didn't seem bad. But when he decided to do whatever he wanted with his hair, I did wonder how committed he actually was to the role.

• Love 3

Boy, it sure looks to me like Chad is working for Stefano to bring down Kami.  Especially after the scene between Rafe and Roman where they talked about Stefano's next step, immediately followed by Chad asking Kate to let him work with her.  He never did say what Stefano is supposed to have done to make him mad.

I wonder if JJ will discover the picture on Eve's phone, or if Paige will.

Kristian Alfonso brought it today.

• Love 3

EJ and Sami, whether you think they earned it or not, barely received any happy times, not even remotely tons.  And *their* fans believed they earned it.  BIG-TIME.  Because we've been waiting since 2006.  And the actors are leaving the show in one month and we've gotten a whopping two to four months of happy times!  Out of EIGHT years!   That is the discussion at hand.  So, yeah, that's what I am saying that many non-EJami fans don't seem to get.  We haven't enjoyed the vast amount of the eight years that EJami have been on the air, merely enjoying the crumbs and the fabulous AS/JS chemistry because we've been screwed out of seeing our couple together and happy like at all. 

Yes, all of this. 

Okay, so I just have to say that I love(ed) me some Lumi.  Watched their very first scenes together and always hoped that Sami would stop chasing after that block of wood, Austin, and get with Lucas.  However, their time as a romantic couple is up and has been for awhile.  They make great friends and schemers and co-parents and that's what I feel Lumi fans have been robbed of for so many years.  At least I do.  And I hate that they don't use BD, like, ever.  Lucas is awesome when with his family.

And I have been a EJami fan since JS was making eyes at Sami, in his towel, the first day.  Their chemistry was so on point for me.  I wish they'd been able to get the story they deserved and what a great story it could have been.  Two people from warring families fall in love -- classic.  Except both are the gray sheep of their families (Sami darker than the rest of her family, and EJ lighter than his) and they showed such potential to be a great gray power couple.  Never happened, and I can say that I do feel robbed of that, because TIIC just teased us with it for 100 years, but never delivered.  I think every soap needs a gray/black hat power couple as an inverted version of a show's super couple(s).  Villains need love too, ya know.  ; )

I promise.' I literally said out loud "Fuck you."

Man, I am sooo glad to not be the only person who does this.  I always say that soaps are my sports, because I'm always yelling at the TV when I'm watching them. 

"Noooo don't do it, don't do it!  Ooohhhh, you did it!" 

"Go in for the kiss! Go, go, go, go!!!  YES!!!!!"

Seriously. I liked Paige well enough early on because she was able to see right through set ups but at this point... ugh.

Hey, writers, you know what? You can be a virgin who doesn't drink and still have a damned sense of humor. For that matter, you can be a good person and have a sense of humor, a sense of adventure, a sense of morals without being a complete and utter KILLJOY. The way she's written, I don't know what JJ sees in Paige. There's a sweetness about her but that only goes so far... there's got to be an actual personality, too.

What you say is so true.  And the opposite applies as well for those who do engage in those things -- they are all labeled sluts or act all crazy and are depicted as having no morals at all.   Writers can only create stereotypes and caricatures these days.  I honestly don't even like calling them writers (I know if you write, you're a writer, but still) because they just take an already overused, and outdated theme (the virgin says no to parties and fun, etc.) --which is always the most base, lowest denominator of human stereotypes -- and call it a story. 

On another note, I'm really done with drugging/sexual assault storylines. I'm not sure when writers decided rape/sexual violence storylines were okay as long as male characters were the victims, but it's just as disgusting; and they need to figure out some new plot ideas, imo.

It's disturbing, isn't it?  I don't necessarily mind sexual abuse stories; they can and have been well-written and dynamic.  And it's just real life.  But, yes, as a rape & incest survivor, myself, it's not something I want to watch for giggles or camp or as some redemption arch for "loose"  or "uptight" men or women.  I'm looking at you, too, GH. 

I mean, almost NOTHING has come from the Kristen rapes Eric, the priest, storyline that has been emotional, thought-provoking, groundbreaking or that has advanced the characters much.  They are all pretty much where they were before it happened.  So, the point was, what, exactly?  Rape as a plot point or ratings grab is just the lowest. 

I'm still trying to watch yesterday's show -- I got halfway through and my ROKU decided enough was enough with this show, and SHUT THAT SHIT DOWN.  So, we'll try again later when ROKU has had time to cool off. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 1

I'm still trying to watch yesterday's show -- I got halfway through and my ROKU decided enough was enough with this show, and SHUT THAT SHIT DOWN.  So, we'll try again later when ROKU has had time to cool off.

I have to ask - how do you get DAYS through your Roku?

I have to ask - how do you get DAYS through your Roku?

Youtube.   I don't know if everyone has it or not, but it just showed up on there one day.  But it freezes a lot, so, sometimes I have to continue watching it on my laptop.  Probably something to do with my connection. 

• Love 1

Ah, thanks.  I got my hopes up there for a minute that NBC had created a channel for the Roku.  :-) 

Oh, I wish.  Stopped watching live long ago and since the death of the VHS (I've been taping soaps daily since I was about 12), the lengths I have to go to watch these shows -- I try on my netbook, tether my tv to the netbook, now I'm using ROKU (If I can't find it on YT, I watch on Hulu, as well.).  It takes more time to find the current episode and get a good connection than it does it watch the entire show, sometimes. 

I use this as my excuse as to why I constantly bitch about the show sucking so much. 

• Love 1

Oh, I wish.  Stopped watching live long ago and since the death of the VHS (I've been taping soaps daily since I was about 12), the lengths I have to go to watch these shows

There are OTA dvrs (I have a Magnavox dvd/dvr) but my NBC station is the furthest away, on the edge of my antenna range and doesn't always come in.  With analog, at least you would get something fuzzy but digital just goes "no signal".  NBC's web site is much better than CBS (which has so many commercials I can't stand to watch anything) but it's a day behind.  Which isn't a problem at the moment because I'm over a week behind, thanks to work.

• Love 1

I know this is going to be a very unpopular view, but I am going to put it out there anyway.

I have been reading about Sami and her love.  I don't see it.  Sami is passionate but she doesn't love anyone, not even herself.  She also has no respect for anyone, with the possible exception of Caroline, because she doesn't respect herself.  Sami's 'blondness' has been her sole attraction for years. 

There, I've said it. 

• Love 2

Days writers' (in current time) have no concept of romance what so ever.  And it seems like such a no brainer if you want to retain viewers and grow new ones as that is a hugely popular aspect of soaps. The demographics for Daytime TV is largely women. The readers of romance books are generally all women. The '80's was Soaps great heyday--Supercouples were huge. Do they not see the pattern???  

Sometimes I can just envision their writers' meetings and how their minds must work:

Writer 1 "So we have Brady getting drunk and snorting coke in this scene."

Writer 2 "We need something that women will swoon over."

Writer 1 again "Okay we'll just have him do it without his shirt on."

• Love 2

I don't have much to say about today's show, it was just there.

The way they're going at it, it looks like Grimace Sue may have been molested and she was possibly molested by Clyde and his friends. That's the vibe I'm getting but hope I'm wrong because it seems that they want to play that stereotype of villains with Southern accents acting like people from Deliverance. Only thing missing is Clyde and his friends to be missing some teeth. If Grimace don't put a different look on her face, I'm come across my t.v. and punch a different look on her face.

Now Chad wants to team up with Kate and I see that writers are just building up to a "who killed EJ" storyline with possibility of Clyde, Kristen, Stefano, Chad, and possibly Kate being the suspects. They might even throw in Slappy Abby for the hell of it, you know since she's the jilted lover. IDK why Kate would trust Chad, knowing how close he is to Stefano. Kate better have her guard up and since she doesn't trust DiMeras anyway, I hope she ends up playing Chad if she is to work with him.

Aidan and Hope continue to be the cure for Insomnia.

So this is how Hope moves on, and Bo/Hope end.  It can’t be said often enough.  Corday and these writers suck.

I like Theresa/Eve scenes, but I don’t like Eve being wasted plotting against a teenager.

JJ needs a new girlfriend, new friends, and new relatives.

I hate hate hate that Kristen is going to get away with drugging and raping Eric.  This SL is so offensive, and it is so tiresome how Days continues to treat rape as a joke.

I don't know what to make of the Sami/Kate scenes. It seemed like they were still working together and Sami was playing EJ but I'm not sure.

I wish this was true.  I would love for Kate, Sami, and Chad to end up working together.

There are not enough words to describe how much I hate seeing Sami trying to reassure EJ that Chad will forgive him, blah, blah, blah.

Why has Lucas still not been to see Sami at the DiMansion?  Sami, Kate, and Allie all live there.

When Nu-Chad was walking around shirtless, I couldn't help but wonder how EJ would feel if Sami slept with his brother.

I would love it if Sami had sex with Chad, but I have no doubt Sami would be vilified all over again, and considered the worst person ever if she did that because Sami is female.  Along with all the horrible writing, I believe that Corday and the idiot writers see Sami as the bad guy in this.  Sami was upset about EJ lying to her about Kristen/Eric, and wouldn’t have sex with EJ while they were supposed to be working on the problems in their relationship so it’s all Sami’s fault.  Sami is wrong for being angry and saying anything to the boring twit because EJ needed sex, and the Mistress just couldn’t resist.  How I wish Sami would set EJ, the boring twit, Corday, and the writers on fire, and then dance while they burn.

I don’t see how Sami could ever trust EJ again especially since EJ is so blasé about his cheating.  The next time they have a disagreement, EJ will screw around again.

Also, EJ has done nothing to rebuild trust with Sami.  A few days ago EJ was blaming his cheating on Sami, defending the boring twit to her and telling her she had no right to be angry, and having secret meetings with his mistress telling her they didn’t do anything wrong, they had a connection.

I guess that means it would be okay for Sami to reconnect with Rafe, Lucas, Brandon, a man she works with?  Except that EJ threw a jealous hissy fit because Sami was talking to Kate about Rafe back before Sami knew about EJ’s cheating, and EJ was still sneaking around with the boring twit.

Sami and EJ have also never discussed the evidence that was still in the safe that Sami burned.  This disaster of a storyline has plot holes everywhere.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 5

I agree.

Sami is incapable of true love.  Maybe that is why I don't really like her character.  I've been watching since the 80's and I never really like Samantha Brady.  She always feels insincere to me. 

That's why I don't really care who she goes with.  EJ& Sami is fun.  Lucas & Sami is fun.  But nothing really makes me root for Sami.  To me, her character is not "soap super couple" material.  She is just emotionally shallow.  Whoever she is with, she will soon move to another.  And the viewer knows that so it ruins the moment. 

I think Sami has some deep attachment issues and can't quite get to the love.

Maybe she needs to see a real psychiatrist and not that flake of a mother.

I also wanted to add that this is WAY too much rape and sexual abuse going on. I know soaps sometimes go down this road but it's really not anything to be taken so lightly.  

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 1

She is just emotionally shallow.  Whoever she is with, she will soon move to another.  And the viewer knows that so it ruins the moment.

I think that's the way most of the characters are on the show now. A few years ago, I wouldn't have thought Rafe would cheat on someone as nice as Jordan and not realize that's what in fact he did until several months later....Nicole seems to have a crush on any man who says hello to her (watch out AIden!)...Jennifer quickly forgot about Jack and is now sauntering around in long dresses thinking she's looking hot and  hoping Daniel will notice ....John plotted to sleep with Kristen because somehow he thought that would save his son and not possibly anger Marlena, the love of his life....I *think* Eric loves God the most, but he also likes sex, so now he's having animalistic sex fantasies about Nicole, therefore, he tells her he hates her....I mean, no one on this show, except for possibly Hope and maybe JJ??, really seems all that deep to me. 

During the Austin, Brandon, and Lucas  years, I did think Sami  was the type to stick to one man.  I never thought of her as particularly flighty during those years. Desperate with Austin, yes. But not flighty.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

Well, pull my hair and call me Abigail because I think I have a thing for DiMera men too. This NuChad is fuuuuuun. If he keeps up with the bad attitude towards....well basically everyone, then I'm in. Also show, I see how you're setting him up to be new EJ with the Rafe rivalry already, I see it. I just liked the "training wheels" comment so I'll let it slide.

• Love 2

Well, pull my hair and call me Abigail because I think I have a thing for DiMera men too. This NuChad is fuuuuuun. If he keeps up with the bad attitude towards....well basically everyone, then I'm in. 

I am so very pleasantly SHOCKED by DOOL getting this guy to play Chad.  He's not an underwear model, but an actual ACTOR, with an education in acting and years in the business.  The guy is mighty attractive but not in a pretty boy way, and he's already using facial expression and physical posturing to layer his scenes.  Casting did a good job.   Now if only the writing team could do the same.

So this is how Hope moves on, and Bo/Hope end.  It can’t be said often enough.  Corday and these writers suck.

I like Theresa/Eve scenes, but I don’t like Eve being wasted plotting against a teenager.

JJ needs a new girlfriend, new friends, and new relatives.

Generally speaking I really enjoyed today's episode.  I don't have much snark because most of what I saw onscreen was good.   It wasn't all satisfying, and some things are an end result of bad storytelling, but still, a good day in Salem, mostly.

Bo and Hope (and Kristian Alfonso) deserve so much better than this legendary couple are getting.  It wasn't so bad at first when they had Bo gone for lengths of time taking Caroline out to California for medical treatment.  But then to send him off on this nonsensical quest to bring down Stefano and leave Hope hanging in the wind has been really disrespectful IMO.  It's easy to make fun of Hope and her Cop Voice - and I have! - but TIIC have left her with nothing to do since PR left.  Ending Bo and Hope this way really stinks.  Both the characters and the actors deserve better.  But at least now they can move Hope onward.

I agree about Eve and Theresa and their sibling vibe.  I like them with each other more than I enjoy them with anyone else.  I'd like to see them actually help each other out a bit more, though.  Keep up the snark but develop a sibling bond that they can both count on, too.    And Eve's going to need it once the truth comes out.

Today they did it again with Paige and had her behave in a way that made me like her the way I did when she first came on.  Instead of going the tried and true route of have the "dumb" nice girl, Paige so far hasn't been an easy mark.  She's resisted believing the worst and she hasn't fallen for any schemes that really matter.  She almost fell for this one but then, she didn't.  But they have got to put some JOY into that girl.  She's with JJ, for God's sake!  Shouldn't that be enough to put a smile on her face?  

I don't know if the actor is having trouble keeping up with the demands of the show, but we're seeing a mostly monotone and/or glum performance from her and it's hurting the character. 

I'm afraid that once she learns her mother's part in JJ's latest trouble, Glum Paige will run right over to Jenn's place, take the Horton Pledge and spend the rest of her days roaming the town dressed in Jenn's old castoffs, doing the frowny face at the "bad" people as she learns the best way to slap people from Abigail.  Paige is taking on far too many Horton traits right now.

It sure would be nice if Chad's involvement with Tammy Flue could free her from that toothache look she almost always has.  Chrishell Stause has some great comedic chops (which I saw when she was on AMC) and Days should really be taking advantage of that.  Currently far too many of the young women in Salem have all the joy of the Walking Dead.

• Love 5

It sure would be nice if Chad's involvement with Tammy Flue could free her from that toothache look she almost always has. Chrishell Stause has some great comedic chops (which I saw when she was on AMC) and Days should really be taking advantage of that. Currently far too many of the young women in Salem have all the joy of the Walking Dead.

I am really disappointed with Chrishell. She was so sparkly and fun on AMC and here she is just a dud. I also wish I liked Eve more than I do, as I am a huge Kassie fan. I wish she had better things to do other than gloating about getting a settlement from Jennifer and trying to break up her daughter's relationship.

• Love 3
Right, EJ has been blase about his cheating. As if.  He hasn't been agonizing over this for months.  Hah!  Trying to figure out how to make up for it, doing everything he could (except, of course for putting any blame on St. Abigail because that can't happen on Days) to make it right because apparently those scenes don't exist on your version of the show.  And I also suppose that in your version of the show, the scene where EJ very deliberately WOULD NOT let Sami blame herself even when she TRIED TO TAKE THE BLAME HERSELF didn't happen?  But they did!  In those scenes, EJ told her it was all his fault, he was entirely to blame, as he has been saying over and over and over and over again.   He told her he was responsible, he was the one who was at fault, this was all on him and that he deserved everything she did to him, all of the revenge she dished out, he deserved it and then some and that he still had to spend the rest of his life making it up to her.   But I suppose those scenes didn't happen.

EJ's attitude about the cheating has been pretty inconsistent.  There have definitely been scenes where he has seemed pretty contrite and truly guilty; however, there have also been scenes that have led me to believe that his contrition was not sincere.  The writing for this couple has been strange.  I won't deny their chemistry and compatibility, but their history does not give them a very solid foundation for the (re)building of trust.

• Love 2

Well, thank god they didn't prolong this awful misunderstanding between JJ and Paige. I know I'm a sucker for a sweet teen romance, but I can't help but root for those two. I like Paige a lot, unlike some of you : ) I also think it's realistic for Paige -- a brainiac at heart -- to be skittish about the booze and drugs just after graduating from high school. I do wish they'd have more fun, though! Like I said before, I'm probably identifying too much with them as I married my high school boyfriend and 30 years later, I'm still glad I did. 

Hope broke my heart yesterday, and it was refreshing to see a little life in her eyes when she was talking to Aiden. I mourned the loss of Bo over two years ago, so I'm kind of over it at this point. 

Chad was fun! I do think he's working for Stefano, however. 

• Love 3

The writing for EJ and Sami's "reunion" has been rather disjointed.

Yesterday, EJ kissed Sami, but I kind of forgot how they actually got back together (and I think that may have been only a few days ago). Did they have a heart-to-heart off-screen? 

I also don't get why EJ is so terrified of Will making him sound bad to Chad. As if EJ hasn't done a most excellent job of doing this all by himself....geez, EJ you slept with your brother's ex-girlfriend...I doubt there's anything Will could say anything that could make things look worse....

Edited by bantering

A few days ago EJ was blaming his cheating on Sami, defending the boring twit to her and telling her she had no right to be angry, and having secret meetings with his mistress telling her they didn’t do anything wrong, they had a connection.

EJ's behavior in the aftermath of getting caught is just so far removed from reality that I don't even know what to make of it. So let me get this straight - you cheat on your fiance repeatedly and beg her to take you back when you get busted. But instead of acting like you learned your lesson and maybe have some common sense, you decide to repeatedly talk to your mistress in public, console her, tell her she did nothing wrong, give her unnecessary and false compliments, and then DEFEND the piece of trash mistress to the wife you're trying to get back. WTF. Who acts like this? And don't even get me started on The Mistress walking around town acting like having sex in a supply closet with an engaged man is acceptable. These people are filthy and make me sick. 

Sami and EJ have also never discussed the evidence that was still in the safe that Sami burned.

I'm waiting for the scene where EJ gets mad and tries to blackmail Sami with the evidence only to find out she destroyed it. Even if Sami believed EJ really loved her and would never hurt her again (LOL) she KNOWS he hung on to the evidence specifically to use against her and Will should she "get out of line." There is absolutely no reason why she should ever trust him again. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 2

Bo and Hope were my first TV OTP, I think, when I was a little kid watching over Mom's shoulder. I thought Kristian Alfonso was the most beautiful woman on the planet. And I'm relieved they're finally going to let Hope move on. PR will be back someday, I have no doubt, assuming the show doesn't go off the air first. But in the meantime, KA deserves to have something to do.

• Love 3

I think nuChad looks like a cross between the guy who played Nick and a young Nicholas Cage.

With that being said, I love the once over Kate gave him when he came in all shirtless and wet. I don't blame her, he did look good. I would love for them to be a new scheming pair once AS leaves.

And if it hasn't already been mentioned. Those photos they keep repeatedly showing of Bo and Jack, they have more emotional range than Jordan or Ben.

• Love 4
The way that Kate looked at Chad when he walked in....I see a cougar/younger man story line coming.

They should put Chad with Teresa.

Hasn't Kate been with both Ej and Stefano? She may as well go for the trifecta.  At least it would keep her away from Rafe.

• Love 2

Okay, caught up on the last couple of days.

I LIKE (tm Kate):

NuChad -- Glad I held off on my judgment -- he's awesome so far and is acting circles around his scene partners.  He does remind me of BB though, which is a bit jarring considering that he's interacting with a lot of the same characters.  I loved him reading Abby and EJ for filth -- something he needs to keep doing.  I'll bet EJ had to change his suit after NuChad pulled that trigger. 

Kate and NuChad -- The way they were looking at each other; She's going to eat him up and then lick her fingers.  Hope it's shown onscreen. 

Eve and Theresa -- They need to become partners in crime. Although I love how they are now, I do want them to become closer. 

Hope and Aiden -- So glad they are finally moving this along.  I like seeing Hope so happy looking in her scenes with Aiden now. 

Sami -- She looked so pretty when she was (hopefully) scamming EJ with the kissy-kissy, forgiveness crap. 

No Will. 

I DON'T LIKE:

Hope and Bo's picture -- WTF writers?!  I know you can't write your own couples, but why do you have to destroy the few that we had left?  Fuck you, TIIC, fuck you right in the eye.  Bo and Hope and PR and KA deserve so, so much better than this.  And they were never my favorite supercouple, but still.  Hate. Hate, this actually.   

Abby and BOllie -- Seriously?  I can't even.  What punks to give everyone else grief, when these two freely lay hands on others and talk to them "like that".  Remember when you hoofed it over Sami's, barged into her home, and bitched her out?  You had "no right".  I sincerely hope that the next time Abby decides to slap someone, they slap her right back -- with a shovel.  Oh, and Abby?  You and BOllie deserve each other. 

Eric and Nicole -- He just needs to take out a restraining order on her, and she needs to take one out on his fantasies.  They keep circling back around with these two.  They need some new hobbies.  I actually liked Nicole and Aiden, their bickering and bantering was cute (that should go in the "like" category).

Jordan and The Hillbillies -- I like the actor who plays Clyde, but ugh, not another abuse story.  Creepy.  I have a feeling - no, I know - that TIIC are doing a retread on the Kate/Billie/Austin/Curtis story.  Kate's going to realize she unleashed an abuser on Jordan.  Not sure if I'm interested in seeing this play out or not.  Most likely not.

JJ and his (not so) adoring fan club -- Like JJ and the actor deserves better than this.  I think he can handle better than this; he seems capable.  Yes, Paige believed him, but she's still blah.  And Mary Beth needs to go -- somewhere.  I would love it if they had her loosen up a bit and had her and Rory get together.  Then Paige could continue to look irritated. 

Why do they have to have JJ constantly apologizing for the things he did in the past, and for things he didn't even do?  It's degrading.  But that's DOOL's M.O. 

Jen and Dan and Kristen -- Bland, (overly) Tan, and Ms. Hi-I-Raped-A-Man.  Please, please don't try for a triangle with them.  Why Dan even humors Kristen, I don't know.  Is Theresa really so much worse that he has to team up with her?  I don't think so. 

College "Party" -- As everyone else has already stated; how lame!  I don't think the writers get teenagers/YA.  Jen and Abby checking on his outfit and wishing him well on his first college party was super weird.  This show is so far removed from reality, BRAVO should be airing it. 

No Sonny or T.

Hasn't Kate been with both Ej and Stefano? She may as well go for the trifecta.  At least it would keep her away from Rafe.

Ha!  Exactly what I was just typing out.  Kate going for the one, two, three punch with the Dimera men.  Damn, I love that woman.

Whoa, that was long.  Sorry, about that -- I has opinions. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 4

Lol, Kate has been with both EJ and Stefano, and she even slept with Tony once back in the day.  It was a quick flirting, sexual attraction, lets move on with business thing.

With that said I would rather Kate and Chad keep their "family" relationship that they built.  Chad was always closer to Kate than Stefano. I hope he really isn't playing her for Stefano.

The Chad/Kate relationship always reminded me of Kate's relationship with Rex.  Rex always loved the fact that Kate was his mother.  Meeting her as an adult he could appreciate how dynamic a person and personality she is.  He was really proud to be her son.

• Love 1

Well, thank god they didn't prolong this awful misunderstanding between JJ and Paige. I know I'm a sucker for a sweet teen romance, but I can't help but root for those two. I like Paige a lot, unlike some of you : ) I also think it's realistic for Paige -- a brainiac at heart -- to be skittish about the booze and drugs just after graduating from high school. I do wish they'd have more fun, though! Like I said before, I'm probably identifying too much with them as I married my high school boyfriend and 30 years later, I'm still glad I did.

Lastwaltz, unlike everyone else, I like Paige, too. :)  I do agree that she's in need of some serious lightening and livening up, but given that most of her life has been dedicated to studying and improving her mind and education, she's probably rarely gotten the chance to be happy and have fun.  So I sort of get it.  And she's one of the few soap characters who, at least so far, has been consistently capable of smelling a rat and realizing that something isn't right or doesn't add up.  And also, as I said weeks ago, she and J.J. talk things through after some time to cool down.  Unlike most other couples in Salem.

So yeah, I'm a Paige fan, and I won't be afraid to admit it! :)

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 3

Remember when you hoofed it over Sami's, barged into her home, and bitched her out?  You had "no right".  I sincerely hope that the next time Abby decides to slap someone, they slap her right back -- with a shovel.

Would it be wrong if I said I wouldn't be outraged if a man hit Abby? I'm not saying I want that to happen...but I wouldn't feel bad for her if it did. I don't condone men hitting women but I also don't condone women (or men) walking into someone's home and slapping them unprovoked or slapping someone because they threw a couple of tame (and accurate) insults your way. 

• Love 2