Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Thanks.  For some reason I though Neil was dead. 

I thought Neal was dead. When Maggie was talking to Sarah about her being a doctor and following in her father's footsteps, I thought it implied that Neil was dead. But then again, Sarah never saw Neil as her father but only Mickey who definitely not a doctor.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Also I mentioned this a few weeks back but I wish TPTB did a better job of connecting the various family members and actually make them friends.  We don't see the Hope/Jennifer "best friend/cousin" relationship anymore with the Brady's or Hortons. 

I wish they did too.  Here is it 2018, and Belle and Mimi and Chloe are reconnecting as the friends/classmates they were in high school. And before that Sami had her friend, who's name I can't be bothered to look up, but the one who knew about Sami's eating disorder.  And more recently Paige had her friend, "Bev?".  But the current "teens" are stuck in their bubble, and the only girl "friends" are niece/aunt.  

Edit as I realized the above quote mentioned family members. And, yes, I miss that too.  I loved the Brady siblings and their connection with each other and their parents.  And Jennifer & Mike.  And I loved Sean Douglas with his parents.  

Just realized, as I was thinking about the current kids and families, we didn't get to see any of the little ones dressed up for Halloween. ?

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Speaking of which, I have no interest one way on another about Ben, but it seem highly unbelievable that Hope is the only one who is really upset about Ben being around Ciara. Why isn't Jennifer writing scathing editorials about the man that kidnapped her daughter and grandson. Why isn't Julie as concerned about Ben who killed 3 women concerned about being around Ciara whom is her defacto granddaughter as she is about one of the Hortons might be sniffing around Gabi e.g. JJ or Eli.

Agreed.  In theory, Ciara and Ben should be a couple I love. Bope's daughter falling in love with a serial killer has some classic soap telling fundamentals in the very foundation of that sentence. However, I hate that Ben is pretty much treated as an acceptable member of society. As you said, why aren't Jennifer, Abby, JJ, Chad, Eve, Will, Kate, Lucas, etc., in this storyline helping to build that us against the world dynamic that Ciara and Ben are solely lacking. They also feel so secluded from Ben's actual horrific past. Claire and Ciara are related to one of Ben's "victims" (Will) and Claire is related to a near victim, Marlena. However, they were largely absent from the storyline. If I remember correctly, it was this storyline when the original sorased Ciara was first introduced. Tripp wasn't even a character at this point. The only person who has a real connection to the neck tie killer storyline is Hope as she was a near victim, but even that was by a copycat killer, Aidan, and not Ben himself although I can understand why Hope would still be angry at the attempt. It's hard to see the Romeo and Juliet aspects of this storyline when the show seems to go out of its way to avoid them and then try to portray Ben as a victim or worse a rootable love interest. I also think the actor playing Ben is entirely too smug. Handsome but bland and smug.

2 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Why aren't Lucas and Eli best friends?  Can you imagine how relatable Eli's introduction to the Horton's would of been if Lucas, his cousin who went through the same thing had helped him along?  More so than not, I completely forget that Hope is Eli's great aunt.  They have a completely boss/detective relationship.

Why aren't Will and Abby close anymore?  Why aren't Abby and Sonny close anymore?

Why hasn't Sarah mentioned that she is dying to see Hope and Jennifer, and finally meet Eli?

I honestly had no idea Hope was Eli's aunt. But I sometimes forget Eli is even a Horton, and I think the show has never truly known- atleast since I've been watching - how to portray Julie and Hope's stepmom/sister dynamic. I know we just got a scene with Julie and Ciara discussing their rapes not long ago, but does anyone remember if Ciara addressed Julie as her Grandma or her aunt?

I was no fan of Kate Mansi's Abigail, but I thought her Abby felt a lot more connected to the canvas than Marci Miller's Abby. Similar to Martha Madison, I think Marci Miller is a good actress and a better actress than Kate Mansi, but I think she has the same, cold, distant persona that Madison's Belle has. Mansi's Abby is the one that was close to Will and Sonny and Kayla and the one who fiercely defended her mother. I still remember and love the confrontation between her and Chloe in the Horton Town Square. She also had much better adversarial chemistry with characters like Sami and Carrie and I was actually a huge Chabby fan when she was in the role.  It seems the lost of those relationships coincided with the loss of Mansi. Miller's Abby is 100% Chabby and it does her character no favors. 

30 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I wish they did too.  Here is it 2018, and Belle and Mimi and Chloe are reconnecting as the friends/classmates they were in high school. And before that Sami had her friend, who's name I can't be bothered to look up, but the one who knew about Sami's eating disorder.  And more recently Paige had her friend, "Bev?".  But the current "teens" are stuck in their bubble, and the only girl "friends" are niece/aunt.  

I think it helps that those characters (Belle, Mimi, Chloe) are not related. I think the show puts a lot more effort in non biological friendships than biological ones mainly because the show can't use the shortcut of "their related" to explain their connection to each other. One example is earlier this year near the end of Abby's DID storyline. I remember a blind Steve grabbing Gabby's arm and telling Gabby he loves her and won't let her go. Initially I was confused and wondered why Steve would even care about Abby. After a few seconds I remembered Kayla was Abby's aunt and was protective of Abby against Sami during Abby's affair with E.J. It was another few seconds later when I remembered that Kayla is only Abby's aunt through her marriage to Steve. The show wanted me to accept that Steve and Abby were close although they had done nothing recently to remind me. Heck, the last time I remembered those two sharing a scene was Mansi's Abby after the birth of Thomas when Steve wanted to hold his nephew. The show is on 5 days a week, and I would love if the show could give us more friendship scenes - biological or not - so moments like Steve and Abby don't leave me scratching my head but feel more natural and earned.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Yeah, if I remember right she'd already given him a blowjob in his car by the time they found out she was a Brady. No going back.

Haha, wait, what? They portrayed that somehow on the show? I sort of missed the Chelsea and Max era.....

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

Haha, wait, what? They portrayed that somehow on the show? I sort of missed the Chelsea and Max era.....

Yes, albeit in very veiled terms. They didn't show any of the act itself, just the before and after. It was anything but hot or romantic, actually pretty sad. Chelsea was dazzled by Max's being a race car driver and went for a drive with him. He pulled over somewhere secluded of course so they could make out, and it went further than Chelsea intended. He was an older experienced guy and for all her bravado and constant attempts to get older guys, she didn't have much actual experience and was in over her head. The look on her face after the blowjob said it all.

That wasn't really their time as a couple. They went on to other people pretty quickly. Eventually they did get together for real, and I believe left town together, although I wasn't watching at that time.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

Yes, albeit in very veiled terms. They didn't show any of the act itself, just the before and after. It was anything but hot or romantic, actually pretty sad. Chelsea was dazzled by Max's being a race car driver and went for a drive with him. He pulled over somewhere secluded of course so they could make out, and it went further than Chelsea intended. He was an older experienced guy and for all her bravado and constant attempts to get older guys, she didn't have much actual experience and was in over her head. The look on her face after the blowjob said it all.

That wasn't really their time as a couple. They went on to other people pretty quickly. Eventually they did get together for real, and I believe left town together, although I wasn't watching at that time.

Whoa, thanks! I watched off and on while raising my daughter (now 29), so I missed this. But I did pop back in when Max was very sweet and involved with...Stephanie, maybe? Which, to bring all of this back full circle, is ick because Stephanie is Max's niece. i guess that's why they needed the Hernandez family -- they'd run out of appropriate couples : ) 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

Whoa, thanks! I watched off and on while raising my daughter (now 29), so I missed this. But I did pop back in when Max was very sweet and involved with...Stephanie, maybe? Which, to bring all of this back full circle, is ick because Stephanie is Max's niece.

Yeah, but so is Chelsea! So two "icks" for the price of one. (Even if I wish Chelsea was revealed to be a con. I'll say it again. Billie's spawn was DEAD on screen at birth. Ahem!)

• Love 5
On 11/3/2018 at 12:32 AM, JBC344 said:

The writers have been working toward them getting closer for the last maybe seven years.  It started originally when the twins were young, EJ and Sami were on the outs and EJ was plotting to steal the children from Sami.  Kate found out about it and warned Sami.  Later when Johnny went through his medical issues Kate was really there for Sami.  That lead into them working together professionally, then came the Nick storyline with Kate/Sami/Gabi killing Nick.

They officially buried the hatchet and became friends when they hatched a plan to take Dimera Enterprises from EJ and Stefano.  Running Dimera was the culmination of a real friendship with them living and working together.  Sami's goodbye scene with Kate was a real highlight, also during Will's funeral to see Sami run into Kate's arms to grieve was definitely a game changer.

As long as Sami shows no interest in any of her sons Kate does not have a problem with Sami.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah, but so is Chelsea! So two "icks" for the price of one. (Even if I wish Chelsea was revealed to be a con. I'll say it again. Billie's spawn was DEAD on screen at birth. Ahem!)

She was dead dead dead. Billie had her remains mailed to her in the mail... Billie got very bad writing during that era and it just got worst. She never recovered in my opinion. 

JER who could never let go of his preferred couple Bo/Billie revived their stillborn daughter Georgia and renamed her, Chelsea. It never made any sense to me why Stefano would want their child, but, JER had to have Georgia back on the show and to add insult to injury, he had her run over Bope's baby boy, Zack. It was an accident, but, as a Bope fan, it just reinforced my theory that JER despised Bope and did everything in his power to destroy them.  He made me hate Bo, during the Billie years. 

I have never liked JER for firing Matthew Ashford and saying that he did not understand Jack and hated him. Then, he recast Jack with another actor, made him a bland, generic hero and stripped him of his darkness that made him a complex anti-hero who Jennifer Rose Horton loved beyond reason.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

JER who could never let go of his preferred couple Bo/Billie

Oh yeah, I said that myself, more than once. Like I said once, I recall reading in SOD or the defunct SOW or whatever, where JER said Bo could not ever return to Hope because he said vows to Billie in front of God. Well, what the hell did he do at his wedding to Hope?!

And I think JER hated that Bo/Hope had Shawn Douglas to bind them and wanted to "even the field" by bringing dead Georgia-turned-Chelsea back to life.

I think the only reason Bo/Hope were reunited was by decree by NBC and/or Ken Corday, as I think, by the mid-'90s, post-possession, the ratings were sliding. And I think Reilly resented it.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Oh yeah, I said that myself, more than once. Like I said once, I recall reading in SOD or the defunct SOW or whatever, where JER said Bo could not ever return to Hope because he said vows to Billie in front of God. Well, what the hell did he do at his wedding to Hope?!

I think the only reason Bo/Hope were reunited was by decree by NBC and/or Ken Corday, as I think, by the mid-'90s, post-possession, the ratings were sliding. And I think Reilly resented it.

If Peter never came back as Bo. Bo and Billie would have been together and Gina would not be Hope. Kristian did not have any chemistry with the recast Bo. Peter coming back rallied the Bope fans to come home who let the network know that they wanted them together. JER was told to put them back together and his resentment was reflected in his writing.  Lisa Rinna did not have any chemistry with Peter, while she had combustible chemistry with Robert Kelker Keller's Bo. Bo/Billie were toast after that..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

If Peter never came back as Bo. Bo and Billie would have been together and Gina would not be Hope. Kristian did not have any chemistry with the recast Bo. Peter coming back rallied the Bope fans to come home who let the network know that they wanted them together. JER was told to put them back together.  

I agree RKK and KA had no chemistry. But - and I realize I am in a very low minority here - I didn't see much chemistry with RKK/LR, either. Still, I buy what you said here. Still think Reilly resented having to reunite Bo/Hope.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

And I think JER hated that Bo/Hope had Shawn Douglas to bind them and wanted to "even the field" by bringing dead Georgia-turned-Chelsea back to life.

Exactly! That was the reason for bringing Georgia back. JER  always wanted his precious Billie to be on the same level as Hope. She never was on her level in Bo's heart. I know that the Billie fans will throw tomatoes at me, but, Bope written by Sherry was amazing... She said that she cried writing Bope's first wedding in England. It was that emotional for her.. Bope was never the same after Hope came back from the dead. Horrific writers and horrific writing destroyed the magic for me. I have a sentimental love for Bope..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

Going way out on a limb here. but my favorite Bo couple was Bo with Carly. I loved that actress and their romance took a long time to sweeten. 

I loved Bo and Carly as well.  I wonder how the show would have been like if Carly was with Bo when Hope came back, instead of Billie. 

• Love 4

Victor (re the undead springing from Memphis and Nashville): Seems like cheating death gives you a taste for country music!

HA!  Oh Victor, you cranky coot, I love you so!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12

I really dislike the way Belle has been since she's been back. Such a shrew. Of course I am team Sami, so that probably colors my opinions, lol.

The Halloween episode was great fun.

New Susan is doing a great job.

Wish Lucas would get some story beyond being a drunk or a loser at love.

That's all I got. 

• Love 8

Just got to thinking - why would Kate sign off on Gabi gaslighting Failure if she knows it could blow up on her and keep her from Ari? I feel like Kate would be a bit worried about the kid - she's already lost her mother AND father and lived in multiple homes and she's only what...four?

I feel like Kate would weigh the situation, tell Gabi to let it go, and THEN silently do something on Gabi's behalf to fuck with Abby. She'd want Gabi to be smart and not seek out trouble after already being in prison TWICE....am I wrong?

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Just got to thinking - why would Kate sign off on Gabi gaslighting Failure if she knows it could blow up on her and keep her from Ari? I feel like Kate would be a bit worried about the kid - she's already lost her mother AND father and lived in multiple homes and she's only what...four?

I feel like Kate would weigh the situation, tell Gabi to let it go, and THEN silently do something on Gabi's behalf to fuck with Abby. She'd want Gabi to be smart and not seek out trouble after already being in prison TWICE....am I wrong?

You're not.  None of this writing makes much sense with Kate and Gabi.

• Love 4

"I am beginning to understand your sense of humor.'  Right.  Sense of humor.

Belle pretending to be the caring sister is bugging the hell out of me. At least they brought up the Sami trying to sell Belle thing.

I repeat.  All the DNA test can prove is that the person in the wraps is a son of Susan, not that it's EJ.  Unless they included Stefano's DNA, and even then, it would only show that he is the son of both of them.

The baby Bonnie story is involving so many different characters, it's good to see the old style writing.

Roman's blasting of Rex was appropriate.

"You didn't use protection, doctor"?  Ouch.

Poor Lucas.

Nobody is supposed to touch EJ, but they just leave the door open for anybody to come in.

• Love 8

I find it odd that everyone keeps asking if Mimi and phillip.had another baby together.I mean the kid they had together was because the embryos or sperm was switched th ey have never been together in that way.

poor Lucas wish he would get some happiness.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

I find it odd that everyone keeps asking if Mimi and phillip.had another baby together.I mean the kid they had together was because the embryos or sperm was switched th ey have never been together in that way.

I agree.  Out of that whole teen scene Mimi and Phillip are the last two you would think to have a baby together.  For once I would of liked someone to ask if it was Shawn's, but I understand that we are just going to pretend that he and Mimi weren't married. 

When Mimi first came back and had that heart to heart about wanting a child my first thought was, wouldn't it had made more sense for her to seek out Tyler.  Instead she seemed incredibly dismissive of him and sort of hand waved his existence away.  Another poster mentioned this but Bonnie's plan (now and when she first came back) would be way more effective if she had incorporated Tyler. 

Bringing a grown Tyler back to Salem to reclaim the Kiriakis fortune and using that connection to keep her freedom and standing.  Much more effective than passing off a newborn.

• Love 4

The show really seems to be shifting around these days.  I'm not sold but am floating about still watching. 

Brady, honey, you need to stop sleeping dramatically with everyone.  You were an idiot for letting Theresa go.  That woman actually loves you and is good for you.  Crawl out to California and get her and your son back.  Throw Eve under the bus over the drugs. I love the actress who plays Eve but I think heading off to New York is best for the character.

Ericole was always my couple, so I want him to raise Holly.  But NOT raise Holly as part of the Kiriakis home for wayward children.  For pity's sake, the staff has got to be pissed about the number of house guests.

OTOH, the Susan and Victor conversation today was hilarious.  "I'm in hell."  Well, you should be old man.  But I do appreciate your wit from time to time.

I just can't with Gabi and her villany.  I hope we get back to that storyline. And I hope Chad finds out soon and blasts Gabi and Kate into emotional dust.  These two have not only wronged Abigail, they've decimated Chad -- and he's been nothing but supportive to them.

I'm not REMOTELY interested in Mimi Lockheart or Bonnie Lockheart but the baby can stay.  The baby Emily is cute.  Rex seems a little bland.  And Sarah... she seemed like a tween with the bows on her shoulders crying with Maggie.  I'm gonna need someone to strap a backbone on her.  Maybe it's coming.  Clearly Rex just figured shit out.  And clearly he cheated on her and didn't confess.  I don't know if they can work it out.  I'm not invested in them.  And it feels like the show wants me to suddenly accept them as IMPORTANT.  And I'm not feeling it yet.

Chloe, Chloe, Chloe. I'm glad she got the truth out for Lucas' sake but boy did she botch the delivery.  This whole vibe of Mimi/Belle/Chloe... and others...is clearly a bygone era of tweens that I missed out on.  The scenes have been exposition heavy.  But mostly I feel horrible for Lucas.  Someone needs to stay with him 24x7 to keep him on the wagon.

Sami, I just don't know about those 82 bobby pins plus eyeliner.  That's kind of a 'sleek' hairstyle (which I didn't much like) and heavy makeup for crying next to the burnt guy in the hospital bed.  Besides the fashion concern, Sami seems only borderline stable.  Where is Will?  Why isn't he in there comforting his mother?  I know, I know, budget.

Ben, that necktie story probably should have come out in therapy versus the Brady pub.

Roman is all over the place these days ... he's like the utility player in baseball.  He's being used in multiple storylines.  Kate is as well.  

• Love 7

That was nice of Rex to tell Mimi the baby had her smile but it wasn't true.  Thankfully, the baby hasn't had her lips botoxed to Koi Pond size yet like her Mommy Dearest.

Good episode, all round IMO.  Victor was funny with Susan, Maggie had some fire, as did Kate.  I'm liking Rex more and more but Sarah wasn't very convincing in her response to the news.  

Good start to the week.

• Love 10

Too bad Rex didn't meet Sarah Horton until 9 or so months ago. He would have no reason to 'confess' that he cheated. Sarah, get a backbone - yes, there is now a child, but your fiancé didn't know anything about it. He did not keep it from you as an 'oh by the way'....

Lucas can't seem to get a break.

Chloe was right in that this should have been done privately and not in front of half of the Hortons.

Victor was a hoot with Susan. She is a bit over the top but he acts as a decent foil.

Anyone can get access to mummy man 'EJ'?

Belle, maybe start acting like a sister to your sister.

• Love 5

Susan and Victor were good fun, and loved how all of his insults were taken in stride.  I wondered if John Aniston smiled all the way out of the studio that day.  

I thought it was cruel of Sami to want keep Susan away from EJ, especially because of the whole ordeal with Will, but Sami's gonna Sami.  

Are we never going to see the actor under the bandages?  There was picture of him with Kristen in SOD before the explosion but, obviously, that was edited out, right?  I didn't fast-forward over it, did I?

• Love 6

Baby ‘Bonnie’ is seriously one of the cutest little babies I have ever seen on a TV show.

That baby is so cute I would want to just take care of her/him twice a year, every six months, and I lack so much maternal instinct normally, heh. 

As for everything else,..it sure did happen. Yep. 

Kyle stop being such a Brady, it still makes me do a double take when someone calls you Rex. 

Lucas really needs a long vacation. 

Can Victor just get an observation chair and sit out in the town square so he can insult all whom walk by? 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SueB said:

Ericole was always my couple, so I want him to raise Holly.  

I feel so cheated that we never got to see these two enjoying an extended happy period.  Along with Pete & Melissa and Bo & Carly, Eric and Nicole were one of my all-time favorite days couples.  They at the very least deserved a few months of happiness.  Hell, did they even get one week?  As much as I like Ari Zucker in the role I would be open to a recast if they could find someone who could play the role as convincingly as Ari did and who had mad chemistry with Greg V.  I so hate we never saw the two of them raising Holly together, having fun romantic moments, seeing Holly have play dates with other children in Salem with her mom lovingly looking on.  So much to do, so much lost.  

OTOH, the Susan and Victor conversation today was hilarious.  "I'm in hell."  Well, you should be old man.  But I do appreciate your wit from time to time.

Victor is comedy gold!  And I like Stacy's Susan a lot better than her Kristen.  

I just can't with Gabi and her villainy.  I hope we get back to that storyline. And I hope Chad finds out soon and blasts Gabi and Kate into emotional dust.  These two have not only wronged Abigail, they've decimated Chad -- and he's been nothing but supportive to them.

I agree with you 100%.  She has gone way over the line.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I thought it was cruel of Sami to want keep Susan away from EJ, especially because of the whole ordeal with Will, but Sami's gonna Sami.  

Sami doesn't owe Susan anything after Susan helped faking Will's death and brainwashing him to believe that he was EJ for two years while Will's family mourned his death. And in those two years, Susan said a bunch of hateful things about Sami so when Sami found her back from the dead son, he wanted nothing to do with Sami.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I agree.  Out of that whole teen scene Mimi and Phillip are the last two you would think to have a baby together.  For once I would of liked someone to ask if it was Shawn's, but I understand that we are just going to pretend that he and Mimi weren't married. 

When Mimi first came back and had that heart to heart about wanting a child my first thought was, wouldn't it had made more sense for her to seek out Tyler.  Instead she seemed incredibly dismissive of him and sort of hand waved his existence away.  Another poster mentioned this but Bonnie's plan (now and when she first came back) would be way more effective if she had incorporated Tyler. 

Bringing a grown Tyler back to Salem to reclaim the Kiriakis fortune and using that connection to keep her freedom and standing.  Much more effective than passing off a newborn.

Yes they should bring Tyler back.

Emily is a much better name than Bonnie and I'm glad they went with Emily than the overused name emma.I wonder if Eric will eventully adopt holly.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

sorry, bad memory, where is the child of mimi and phillip's now? i thought they said she had an abortion? confused.

12 hours ago, A.J. said:

I feel so cheated that we never got to see these two enjoying an extended happy period.  Along with Pete & Melissa and Bo & Carly, Eric and Nicole were one of my all-time favorite days couples.  They at the very least deserved a few months of happiness.  Hell, did they even get one week?  As much as I like Ari Zucker in the role I would be open to a recast if they could find someone who could play the role as convincingly as Ari did and who had mad chemistry with Greg V.  I so hate we never saw the two of them raising Holly together, having fun romantic moments, seeing Holly have play dates with other children in Salem with her mom lovingly looking on.  So much to do, so much lost.  

Victor is comedy gold!  And I like Stacy's Susan a lot better than her Kristen.  

I agree with you 100%.  She has gone way over the line.  

stacy's susan is fantastic. perfection! kristen...not so much. i love susan. she has her issues for sure but i'd be friends with her!

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

sorry, bad memory, where is the child of mimi and phillip's now? i thought they said she had an abortion? confused.

stacy's susan is fantastic. perfection! kristen...not so much. i love susan. she has her issues for sure but i'd be friends with her!

Mimi and Phillip's son is Tyler Kiriakis aka Pocket.  He was fostered for a little while by Steve and Kayla, which is where he got the name Pocket.  He was eventually adopted.  It was an incredibly convoluted mess that makes no sense.  There is no way in hell that Kate and/or Victor would of allowed their grandchild to be given up for adoption, but I digress.

The abortion Mimi refers too is for her and Rex's first child.  Mimi aborted, Rex dumped her and left town.  Mimi later ended up marrying Shawn D, with Belle married to Phillip.  The embryos and sperm got switched by EJ and his "boyfriend" Patrick Lockhart, which ended up producing Tyler.

Tyler would be Claire's age now, slightly older.  This is who Bonnie should of brought back to secure her freedom and go after the Kiriakis fortune.

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 7

I loved today's episode.  I laughed and I cried. 

I loved Belle with Marlena. It is just like Marlena to use love and understanding to deal with a situation.  Her acceptance of Belle made me tear up, Why is Belle not on this show as a leading heroine on the show.  This is why the show has lost viewers.  Focus on real legacy children and not fake ones..

I also loved Belle and John. His apology was heartfelt and genuine. Belle is understanding like her mom, she knew that John was blinded by grief and fear.  Marlena gave him a reason to live as an amnesiac in that hospital all those years ago. He was not going to let her go without a fight.

Lucas, my Lucas. I have loved him since he came in looking so handsome in his military uniform. Even Sami was intrigued by him, despite her Austin obsession. His scene with baby Emily had me crying with him and Chloe. Why is Lucas not on this show as the leading Horton male. I love Eli, but, he does not have the same history as Lucas.  

I adore Judy Evans as Adrienne Johnson Kiriakis. However, I have to admit she comes alive as Bonnie. Hattie and Bonnie made me laugh and cry.  Her trying to use the Abby defense, it was not me, but my alter Ronnie, in order to stay out of jail, had me laughing till I cried. 

I know that this board loves Rex and Sarah, but, they are too new for me to care about their problems. Both are recasts. I think Sarah has more potential than Rex. I think that they should have brought back the original Rex. I still see the actor as Brady. I thought the original Rex/Mimi was super hot and they had potential to be a great couple with better writing. I really hated the abortion story because Mimi was punished for it and it left a bad taste in my mouth.  The Madonna/Whore complex was a JER trope that really bothered me about his writing. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11

Bonnie (to Hattie): Say I have a split personality! Say Ronnie made me do it!

HA!  I love whenever other characters suggest making up an alter to blame their problems on.

And oh boy, the Marlena doll "talking" to Susan is right up there with that time on OLTL when Liam (a baby) and Princess David Vickers (a dog) had a conversation about Liam's paternity.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And oh boy, the Marlena doll "talking" to Susan is right up there with that time on OLTL when Liam (a baby) and Princess David Vickers (a dog) had a conversation about Liam's paternity.

The Liam/Dog David Vickers convo is one of my fave OLTL scenes lol! I liked the Susan/Marlena doll one, too.

I thought the Sarah actress was a bit OTT with her reactions again today, but I enjoyed it this time. Rex is kind of a dick. He said so many wrong things, it was actually kind of hilarious. Are Rex and Sarah staying around or is one/both of them a temporary thing like Mimi?

Sami talking about EJ 24/7 is so tiresome, so I'm hoping they're both leaving soon.

Another good ep.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I loved today's episode.  I laughed and I cried. 

I loved Belle with Marlena. It is just like Marlena to use love and understanding to deal with a situation.  Her acceptance of Belle made me tear up, Why is Belle not on this show as a leading heroine on the show.  This is why the show has lost viewers.  Focus on real legacy children and not fake ones..

I also loved Belle and John. His apology was heartfelt and genuine. Belle is understanding like her mom, she knew that John was blinded by grief and fear.  Marlena gave him a reason to live as an amnesiac in that hospital all those years ago. He was not going to let her go without a fight.

Lucas, my Lucas. I have loved him since he came in looking so handsome in his military uniform. Even Sami was intrigued by him, despite her Austin obsession. His scene with baby Emily had me crying with him and Chloe. Why is Lucas not on this show as the leading Horton male. I love Eli, but, he does not have the same history as Lucas.  

I adore Judy Evans as Adrienne Johnson Kiriakis. However, I have to admit she comes alive as Bonnie. Hattie and Bonnie made me laugh and cry.  Her trying to use the Abby defense, it was not me, but my alter Ronnie, in order to stay out of jail, had me laughing till I cried. 

I know that this board loves Rex and Sarah, but, they are too new for me to care about their problems. Both are recasts. I think Sarah has more potential than Rex. I think that they should have brought back the original Rex. I still see the actor as Brady. I thought the original Rex/Mimi was super hot and they had potential to be a great couple with better writing. I really hated the abortion story because Mimi was punished for it and it left a bad taste in my mouth.  The Madonna/Whore complex was a JER trope that really bothered me about his writing. 

I never saw the actor when he was performing Brady, but while he is playing Rex, I see Brady mannerisms.  He feels like Brady to me.

And dude, you just made Sarah part of your life's checklist?  He tried to walk it back but that's out there now.  He gets points for liking the baby but he's currently heading into schmuck-ville territory for me.

Sarah - are you pissed at Rex or pissed at yourself that you were duped?  If you and Rex were truly in love, wouldn't you have seen a change in his behavior before/after?  And Rex's words would be  more of an "ah-ha!" moment to explain a change in attitude.  Instead you saw no difference before and after he cheated? I believe Rex when he says that sleeping with Mimi made him commit.  I can't believe it didn't end up increasing his affection and emotional intimacy.  Which means either Rex was faking it before or Sarah was not in touch with who Rex was as a person.  Note: I am not REMOTELY blaming Sarah for Rex's infidelity.  I'm suggesting that her pride may be hurt not just because of the cheating but because she didn't notice Rex was lying to her.  That's going to make her doubt herself in the future.  Rex, you are an insufferable ass for lying to your fiance.  You should have come clean.  Instead the Mimi experience was all about you.

Mimi, Bonnie, Baby Emily & Hattie - so long, you were amusing at times but it's time to take that bus back to Statesville/Chicago.

Susan - did you forget to take your meds?

Sami - this is Salem.  Of course EJ is kidnapped.

Lucas - man, you have NO LUCK at all.  Awfully good of you to be nice to Mimi. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The Liam/Dog David Vickers convo is one of my fave OLTL scenes lol! I liked the Susan/Marlena doll one, too.

I love and hate the Liam/Princess David Vickers chat in equal measure lol!  I do recall loving how despondent that adorable baby playing Liam was he found out Brody wasn't his dada!

And I liked this scene, it fit given the character involved.  If anyone is going to hear a doll talking to them, it's Susan Banks, yes?

ETA...OMG, just had a daydream of Victor having planted a tiny microphone in the doll and taunting Susan through a voice changer and I'm giggling.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

20 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

• Love 5
18 hours ago, nilyank said:

Sami doesn't owe Susan anything after Susan helped faking Will's death and brainwashing him to believe that he was EJ for two years while Will's family mourned his death. And in those two years, Susan said a bunch of hateful things about Sami so when Sami found her back from the dead son, he wanted nothing to do with Sami.

Doesn't an eye for an eye make the whole world blind?  I didn't think Sami owed Susan anything, I just overestimated her capacity for compassion.  At least we got a conversation between Belle and Sami about it, though, because I think the show likes to skip over scenes like that.  

I loved Hattie's heartfelt plea for Bonnie to come back to prison with her.  It's nice to see a little character growth on a show that is so plot-heavy.  

The talking doll was amusing but I think Stacy Haiduk is doing so well with her Susan that she could have played an inner conflict without the need for Camp.  But I know, it's DAYS.   

I can't remember ever watching Kyle Lowder as Brady but I do remember Eric Winter as Rex, so every time someone calls him "Rex" I have a moment of confusion.   Wait, what?  

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Love 6

I liked the talking doll. The actress playing Susan is doing an excellent job. Was it wrong of Sami to not tell her about EJ? Yes and no, until she had proof that he was EJ. And of course now he has vanished. Did Susan take him? No one noticed mummy dude being wheeled out of Salem Hospital?

Hopefully we will be done now with Mimi, Bonnie, and Hattie. Hattie did grow a bit in showing compassion toward Bonnie and inviting her back to jail and their friendship.

Not hugely invested in either Rex or Sarah. Maybe his loves come and go with regularity and Sarah Horton filled all the boxes for a safe relationship and the type of woman he should marry. She is not to blame for his cheating or his need to seek out opportunities - he is. And Mimi is not the homewrecker. Rex is. He needs to spend time on his own to figure out what he wants. Smart Dr. Horton should have sensed on some level that things were not really working with her and Rex. Maybe she too chose him as a safe partner, who, if he left, she wouldn't hurt too long.

Lucas never gets a break.

Was nice of Doc to say 'thank you'.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, ouinason said:

So Mimi's just going to disappear with Rex's baby? God I hate her.

I know! What was the purpose of that storyline anyway? To bring Rex and Sarah onto the canvas? And usher Lucas off? Pffffft. So far, neither Rex/Brady nor Sarah are impressing me, story-wise. I keep giving the actress who plays Sarah a little slack because it must be hard to burst onto the screen and within 2 episodes have to make us invest in her feelings of betrayal and loss. But, meh. This better pay off down the road somehow. 

• Love 4

To be fair rex admitted he doesn't know if he wants to be in Emily's life I hope he eventually  does we don't have a lot of next generation bradys.

14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm kinda liking Rex and Sarah so far.  I think it was smart that the show looked to add characters in that age group, and add characters, who relatively, are blank slates as far as storyline baggage. 

Yeah I'm liking them I mean not sure about there relationship but the characters are fine.

• Love 5