Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

JJ is looking very mature with his hairy chest. LOL!!! So, JJ will go back to Lani, right? Yawn! Sal Sowers has grown as an actress but she & JJ are kind of boring. Although, I’m not really sure who he should hook up with. Unfortunately, he’s either related or semi related to half the woman in Salem. 

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Why is a JJ and Gabi pairing so off the table? It's like the show thinks it has better plans for these two but I've yet to see them materialize...

I liked Gabi with Eli. Those two are so pretty together..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

I want to see more stories about Eli as a person, honestly. Too soon for a big pairing. JJabby, though, had a good first act.....and nothing else. Time for round two, I'd say.

...though how JJ isn't freaking out over her incarceration is beyond me. 

• Love 6
On 6/24/2018 at 11:42 AM, DisneyBoy said:

Can I just say, I miss Anna. If we can't have Vivien walking around bring snarky, could we at least have Anna being loopy and Princessy? She seems like a good person and has an interesting perspective on life.

I miss Anna too.  Did I miss a show where she left town?  Or are we supposed to assume she and Roman are still "dating".

• Love 9
On 6/24/2018 at 10:53 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I don't know the history, but it really pisses me off that Eve is being such a colossal bitch about Theresa. At the very least there should be some layers where she's pissed about Theresa's lies, is mad about Theresa trying to break up Brady and her but knows that's selfish thinking, and is also deeply sympathetic to Theresa since she was a fucking sex slave for a year. Ugh it's all so stupid.

In today's episode we had JJ solidly in Theresa's corner, telling off both Brady and Eve for their hypocrisy and acting like Theresa abandoned Tate.  JJ pointed out that Theresa acted in Tate's best interest when she left because she was protecting him--why can't these two morons wrap their brains around that?  If they can freak out that Chloe, John and Paul were in such mortal danger but somehow the year and half Theresa was with Mateo was the height of entertainment?  Somehow Theresa wasn't in any danger?

Man but this Lani/Eli/baby storyline is really being milked for all its worth.  I don't remember the show spending this much time on Bo or Will's deaths and they were legacy characters who were actually part of storylines .  And I don't think I can watch Lani attempt to emote anymore--it's just too painful.

Oh yeah, Abs is back.

• Love 13
(edited)

I loved the baby's name, David Abraham. This has Sherry's fingerprints all over it, she has given us, Sean-Douglas Brady, Andrew Sean Donovan, Abigail Johannah Devereaux, Brady Victor Black, e.t.c.  I wish that Sherry was around to have named Austin and Carrie's baby, his name should have been Evan, after Marlena. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

The baby s name was sweet but I actually hate how everyone on soaps is named after everyone.

On Days, it is a Bill Bell tradition that the show has kept, even after he left the show to create the Young&The Restless.

• Love 4
(edited)

Loving the green outfit Eve is wearing.

Why did Brady need to bring Eve with him to attack Theresa?

Man JJ is becoming the voice of reason. He's my new hero.

Go Gabi!

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 10

JJ is way, way, WAY too good for all the fools he was in scenes with today. That being said though, he and Theresa should bang. I'd rather see Gabi and JJ, but for some reason that's not happening.

I really hate that I am enjoying Stefan now, but whatever, I'm gonna enjoy him. I'm looking forward to this thing with him and Gabi.

Fast forwarded all the Chad/Abigail and Eli/Lani scenes. I just don't care.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, CompltelySweet said:

Love love loving JJ/Theresa, Stefan/Gabi  and Ciara/Ben interactions. Days has totally pulled ahead of the other soaps for me, can’t wait to see more 

I totally agree.   The pairings are all interesting in different ways.   

Stefen is so much more interesting of a character away from Abigail.  JMHO 

hoping Gabi gets her revenge and more.  

Cant help to wonder if Eve remembers Brady trying to set her up for murder.   He is not innocent. 

Lani and Eli baby store was just so sad.  Feel bad for JJ as well.  He really loved that baby and still cares about Lani. 

Is the painting of stepheno haunted?   Everyone seems to have conversations with it. 

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 3

Having gone through a late miscarriage as is being portrayed, I can say I shed a few tears today-well done, show!

I’m also impressed that the makeup department hasn’t given Stefan magic injuries that disappear after a couple of days. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Loving the green outfit Eve is wearing.

Why did Brady need to bring Eve with him to attack Theresa?

Man JJ is becoming the voice of reason. He's my new hero.

Go Gabi!

Did anyone think that the JJ that first appeared as a high school jerk would one day become the "voice of reason?"  I said it before, JJ needs to be front and center on this show.  Today, I wanted to marry him.  Which is really creepy because I'm old enough to be his grandmother.  And typing that last bit has thrown me into a depression.

• Love 14

I think JJ and Gabi were going to happen but Ron nipped that.

10 minutes ago, Kamal Shaheen said:

I think that now that Stefan is getting treated the way he should be treated and getting called out the way he should be getting called out, he's so much easier to bear.

As for this thing with him and Gabi, they did chemistry-test them back in January, though they also tested him with Chloe.  I'm guessing that the Gabi test won out.  I'm also interested in seeing where they go with this.

10 minutes ago, Kamal Shaheen said:

I think that now that Stefan is getting treated the way he should be treated and getting called out the way he should be getting called out, he's so much easier to bear.

As for this thing with him and Gabi, they did chemistry-test them back in January, though they also tested him with Chloe.  I'm guessing that the Gabi test won out.  I'm also interested in seeing where they go with this.

Gabi can do better than Abigail's sloppy seconds. 

• Love 4

I wouldn't mind JJ in my life. Sane, mature, respectful, a decent young man. How did this happen with Jenn as his mom?

Gabi hopefully will take Stefan down and get her company back. Although they were interesting together.

Abs is back, all sane and integrated? So fast? Thought that would many months of therapy and psychiatric work. Gives psychiatry and some forms of mental illness a bad rap - this treatment will fix you in 30 days. Um, nope. And she's late and thinks she's knocked up? Could just be uh, stress.

The whole baby thing could have been done off-camera. I wasn't invested in Lani, or Eli, or that storyline.

Brady could talk to Theresa - as an adult - without having her sister tag along. He came off as deeply unpleasant.

Stefano's painting seems to be some cheap talk therapy tool.  All the secrets that it knows.

• Love 7

Today was mostly a ff day except for the excellent JJ and pretty much everyone he interacted with scenes, and Gabi and Stefan O!  Stefan O! had more life in him than I've seen before but it was Gabi who carried those scenes.  I hope her revenge doesn't turn into some sort of love story but I'm afraid it just might.

So Brady thinks Theresa is manipulative and controlling and all that - which she might be - but damn, that bonehead is consistent in NEVER seeing his own sins.  Which you think he just might start catching on to, since he does the same thing to every single woman who "lets him down" or doesn't give him exactly what he wants.  

Theresa ought to let Eve have him.  That'll fix her.

I don't care about the baby, all faux emotion IMO.  There was no there, there, with this storyline from start to finish and I almost resent Show trying to grift us into caring at this late date.

I'm hoping Gabi gets a chance, real soon, to tell Abigail a few home truths she's been saving up since prison.

• Love 12
(edited)

They really need to get rid of TC/Stefan. It's sad that I now consider EJ a "real" Dimera over Chad and Stefan. Stefan is totally non viable as a character now and based on today's show I wouldn't be shocked if Chad and Abby having sex after her rape wasn't a rewrite after the backlash. It's too farfetched and I'm sure after having her body taken over by an alter and violated; sex would be the last thing on her mind. I'm looking forward to the character being killed off, because you know it's coming and the suspect list keeps stacking up as the days go on. I know some people compare this sl to EJ being "redeemed" (in my eyes he never was) BUT you have to admit that James had a strong screen presence and charisma, both of which Tyler lacks. Also, EJ was a popular character among the general audience, something Stefan could never achieve. They make the same mistakes transitioning these soap hoppers onto DAYS that I much rather them just cast someone who is new to soap operas since it never works out and the character always ends up murdered. 

Eli and Lani were sad, and I would never wish that on anyone but honestly I don't care. I knew it was coming, since they are both retcons. Not important enough to have a child on the canvas. I also don't think Ron knows what to do with either. They have no chemistry with each other or the other people in the "quad" IMO. Them having a child together is nonsense though, since neither character is developed or established alone or together. I'm simply :/ on the whole thing. There were never any stakes to her losing the baby. The only positive is I'm sure we're free of them for the next three months or so since they're not high guarantee actors.

I'd be surprised if SS remains on contract once her expires. The cast needs to be cut down and although she is barely on, it's simply a waste. They also need to get rid of some of the characters who never really "clicked" with anyone. For instance, after three years and the character still hasn't had a strong popular romantic pairing, things need to be evaluated. Brady is a prime example of this since he never clicked with any of his ladies, and EM is not Brady.

Edited by betweenthelines
  • Love 3
On 2018-06-23 at 11:38 AM, Apprentice79 said:

It would be a nice twist, if Chad and Sonny, had an unexpected one night stand.  I doubt the show would ever go there.  I do think that Billy likes to turn it up a bit when he is in scenes with both Will and Sonny. He used to kiss Will and Sonny, on the cheeks, as a gesture of friendship. In Europe, men kiss each other, on the cheeks and it does not mean anything. I don't think Americans are open to that type of affection between men. This country is very puritanical. 

I'm still bitter we never got Chill. I always felt that having Will with a Dimera would be SO soapy given the family history, plus Chandler and CD had amazing chemistry. There was so much potential there that was wasted. Truly could have been a one of a kind romance of the ages. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, betweenthelines said:

I'm still bitter we never got Chill. I always felt that having Will with a Dimera would be SO soapy given the family history, plus Chandler and CD had amazing chemistry. There was so much potential there that was wasted. Truly could have been a one of a kind romance of the ages. 

It is why I did not like Wilson initially, but, I am a Will fan first, I like who he likes.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, betweenthelines said:

I'd be surprised if SS remains on contract once her expires. The cast needs to be cut down and although she is barely on, it's simply a waste. They also need to get rid of some of the characters who never really "clicked" with anyone. For instance, after three years and the character still hasn't had a strong popular romantic pairing, things need to be evaluated. Brady is a prime example of this since he never clicked with any of his ladies, and EM is not Brady.

We need a culling on Days, Thanos style. There are too many superfluous characters on the show. Brady needs to go. The character is too damaged to be viable. His treatment of Theresa was the last straw and I don't care for her.  I always felt that the recast made Brady too old.  I found the aging of Brady to be just as bad as EJ. 

• Love 5

I think it's hilarious that both Brady and EJ are now older than Sami.  When EM first joined the show, Brady referred to Sami as his little sister (AS is younger than EM), and had to be reminded that Sami is older.  Originally, Brady didn't like Sami either (because of what Sami did to Belle).  However, according to Brady, since Sami was dating Rafe, he decided to give her a chance.  {face palm}

My cat volunteers to climb into the TV and be a serial killer.  He is taking names for his hit list if anyone is interested.

• Love 5

Guess I am the only one who likes Stephan.   The show needs a villain.  He fits for now.   

For a long time I found Abby and Chad were just to smug.   The DID story seemed long but ending just seems to rushed.  It only took one month for her to be cured?   Or is there really a cure?  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TigerLynx said:

I think it's hilarious that both Brady and EJ are now older than Sami.  When EM first joined the show, Brady referred to Sami as his little sister (AS is younger than EM), and had to be reminded that Sami is older.  Originally, Brady didn't like Sami either (because of what Sami did to Belle).  However, according to Brady, since Sami was dating Rafe, he decided to give her a chance.  {face palm}

My cat volunteers to climb into the TV and be a serial killer.  He is taking names for his hit list if anyone is interested.

Cool, Sonny and Leo need to go.   I have tried to hang in there, but, Freddie is just terrible.  Maggie and Abigail need to go, as well.  Chad is okay, but, he is not fit to carry on the Dimera legacy. I am tired of the Dimeras, but, if they have to be on the show. Peter should come back and lead the family.  

I remember little Brady adored Sami and Eric.  The show needs to never  bring up Belle's kidnapping by Sami. It is ridiculous. Was Sami in diapers, when she kidnapped her?  Belle and Sami look the same age. 

Horita was really cute. They are so mature and really there for each other.  I know Ron will trash them, so, I will not get too attached. Chandler looked very handsome today.  I missed that innocence that he brought to the role.  

• Love 3

I really enjoyed Will today. I'm happy that Ron seems to "get" the character and I'm loving the proper angst it's creating between Will and Paul because what kind of triangle would it be if there was none? I love Will being written similar to Sami, but with a bit of a conscience. Sami Brady and Lucas Horton's son should have always had a bit of a crazy edge and be a bit of a sarcastic brat that does what he wants. It's one of the reasons why Darian was my favourite actors of young!Will. I'll hold my judgment for now, but this is probably my favourite writing for Will since MarDar. I hope they continue to explore Will outside of his relationship with Sonny, something MarDar was doing until TomSell entered and insta paired WilSon within three months. I do think he was a bit chilly towards Paul, but it's understandable since Will has a temper and Paul was coming between him and his memories. It's why Paul and Sonny never worked, both are "good" characters so there was no drama but senseless stuff and FS couldn't pull off Sonny with an edge. 

Sonny remains pathetic. I really want to like the character and I actually try to whenever he is on, but I just... can't. He's truly awful and is a shell of the character I fell in love with years ago. I wish they would realize Freddie cannot pull off angry!Sonny and move him away from Titan (a company he has no business in anyways based off his prior characterizations when he was so much more tolerable). This is why I cannot accept a Will and Sonny pairing again. The character has changed too much for the worse, but since they're writing Will like Sami I hope he remains destructive to that relationship when his natural tendencies come out. 

Abby is awful and I didn't realize how much I enjoyed the break of MM. Chad is a joke and I want Stefan dead, now. 

It's clear Ron has no idea what to do with Steve. I never watched a lot of his scenes in the past so I never truly connected to the character (I started in the 90s when Sami was just taking off) so I personally don't have any real interest or investment but him stumbling around blind in various locations is kind of sad. 

• Love 2

Just catching up with yesterday and .... Wow, Chad. What exactly does one serve at a "Sorry my wife lost her shit and impersonated you after killing a man and then framed you for the murder, up to and including perjury" Luncheon?

• Love 11
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Cool, Sonny and Leo need to go.   I have tried to hang in there, but, Freddie is just terrible.  Maggie and Abigail need to go, as well.  Chad is okay, but, he is not fit to carry on the Dimera legacy. I am tired of the Dimeras, but, if they have to be on the show. Peter should come back and lead the family.  

I remember little Brady adored Sami and Eric.  The show needs to never  bring up Belle's kidnapping by Sami. It is ridiculous. Was Sami in diapers, when she kidnapped her?  Belle and Sami look the same age. 

Horita was really cute. They are so mature and really there for each other.  I know Ron will trash them, so, I will not get too attached. Chandler looked very handsome today.  I missed that innocence that he brought to the role.  

Whenever I watch Guy Wilson's Will I always wonder how much I would have liked Will even with the awful writing if Chandler was in the role since he plays Will with such a boyish innocence. I am glad Chandler was spared that type of writing though and if he would have been the one murdered I wouldn't have taken that well at all, with Guy it was almost like them putting me out of my misery. I kind of wish they'd the same for Sonny and save me the headache that he is now capable of inducing. 

I think they struck gold with W/P and hope they realized/realize this, it's clear Chandler is a chemistry magnet and has always been. When it comes to Sonny there was never really any sexual chemistry there IMO (of course this is all subjective) but I hope that TPTB realize this and explore Will with other people since the character is clearly not ready to be tied down again. I think Paul and Will should be their long plan here. The thing is with Ron, even if he trashes them; he'll do the same to Will and Sonny if they reunite in the future. I'm just glad Will seems to be Ron's favourite of the three (as he should be due to his history).

Edited by betweenthelines
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, betweenthelines said:

Whenever I watch Guy Wilson's Will I always wonder how much I would have liked Will even with the awful writing if Chandler was in the role since he plays Will with such a boyish innocence. I am glad Chandler was spared that type of writing though and if he would have been the one murdered I wouldn't have taken that well at all, with Guy it was almost like them putting me out of my mystery. I kind of wish they'd the same for Sonny and save me the headache that he is now capable of inducing. 

I think they struck gold with W/P and hope they realized/realize this, it's clear Chandler is a chemistry magnetic and has always been. When it comes to Sonny there was never really any sexual chemistry there IMO (of course this is all subjective) but I hope that TPTB realize this and explore Will with other people since the character is clearly not ready to be tied down again. I think Paul and Will should be their long plan here. The thing is with Ron, even if he trashes them; he'll do the same to Will and Sonny if they reunite in the future. I'm just glad Will seems to be Ron's favourite of the three (as he should be due to his history).

I wanted Will to come back to Salem already in a relationship.  I never bought Susan keeping him away from his family.  It was lazy writing.  Kristen would have done that, but, not Susan.

I did not mind Guy, I was one of the few people who liked him on here. His enthusiasm for Wilson and the importance of Will was endearing. I think that he got a raw deal.  Ken Corday set him up to fail with the Will fans. The firing of Chandler and the atrocious writing did nothing, but, inflame people's passions against him. I remember the gifs that were circulated online, of Will, getting slapped and punched by different characters, being very popular.  I liked his chemistry with Freddie and Christopher. He seemed to be more relaxed in love scenes with another man. Whereas, Chandler, looks uncomfortable and his inappropriate smirk drove people crazy.  I thought he sold his chemistry with Gabi.  My favorite Will, is mophead Will, he had qualities of Lumi, but, was his own character that made him distinctive. It took me a long time to get used to an insecure , self-hating Will. That was not how I envisioned the child of Lumi to be.  It was hard to reconcile Mophead Will with the recast Wills.  

• Love 5
(edited)

I love that Will is so determined to get his memories back--he doesn't want to purposefully hurt Paul but he is going to do whatever he needs to and if that means injecting himself with lemon lime soda, then so be it :):)  Seriously, Will knows that Paul is worried about what could medically happen to him from another dose of the mad scientist's serum but ultimately, it is up to Will if he wants to take that gamble.

I have my moments in liking Sonny again and I do like him in scenes with his dad but any time he's with Leo, I just need to roll my eyes.  Leo is the worst and he just needs to leave.

I love Chad, and I like that he's trying to juggle his father's legacy with his own moral judgements--if he continues to listen to his conscience, he will be okay in the end.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 4

Ugh.  People online are talking about how "likeable" Leo is.

So they're just going to ignore Chad having stolen money from Sonny forcing him to move to Europe, huh?

"Kid"? Leo is a "kid"?

"The woman I know likes to be on top." Er, Ted, you don't know Kate that well.

Does Kayla's phone actually make shutter clicking noises when she's taking pictures?

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Does Kayla's phone actually make shutter clicking noises when she's taking pictures?

Mine does. But I am poor and have a Walmart dumb phone.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, tribeca said:

Guess I am the only one who likes Stephan.   The show needs a villain.  He fits for now.   

I enjoy the hell outta him now.

My sister, on Abigail maybe being pregnant by Stefan: "She knows she can have an abortion, right?" I loled.

I just can't give over what a young, hot stud Leo is. LOL. I feel like that is one of the biggest missteps in this story full of missteps. I really don't get it, especially since RC is all about casting men solely because they're young, hot studs.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I enjoy the hell outta him now.

My sister, on Abigail maybe being pregnant by Stefan: "She knows she can have an abortion, right?" I loled.

I just can't give over what a young, hot stud Leo is. LOL. I feel like that is one of the biggest missteps in this story full of missteps. I really don't get it, especially since RC is all about casting men solely because they're young, hot studs.

Abigail can't possibly even consider an abortion because she is such a "good" Catholic!... even though it's ok for her to cheat on her husband, and try to kill people...  

I think I would have liked Leo if they had brought him on as a mature character who could be a real partner to Sonny. This story line - especially his insertion into it as a hot, young stud - is just ridiculous.

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I think I would have liked Leo if they had brought him on as a mature character who could be a real partner to Sonny. This story line - especially his insertion into it as a hot, young stud - is just ridiculous.

Leo looks 45.  It may be his facial features and he's ALWAYS looked old, but he was not well cast IMO.

Brady's condescending tone with Theresa REALLY put me off.  I'm totally Team JJ after that scene on Thursday.

I'm worried about Gabi going dark -- for the SOLE reason I don't want Julie to be right.  About anything. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, DeafAngelboy23 said:

It’s nice to know I can’t avoid politics in DVR... straight to NBC’s shitty app. 

OT, but I feel your pain, though not on the same platform. I've literally snoozed every news source I follow on Facebook (CNN, ABC - national and local - Fox News, and CBS) for 30 days to de-stress and I'm still getting politics even after snoozing some of my more militant friends (both right-wing and left-wing). I just want happy kids and puppies and kitties. And Weird History. I need Weird History.

• Love 3

Leo is a 'kid'? His appearance is a middle aged grifter who targets companies, makes up bogus claims, collects a settlement, changes his name and moves on to another sucker. Cold and calculating and probably already finding another target.  Some people do get younger looking with age, but not him.

Paul, you can be the voice of reason with WIll. It is up to him to take the serum - whatever the consequence.

Stefan appears to be a bit more interesting when he is not around Abs. Kayla, you are small league compared to Ted, Kate, and Leo.

So what if Chad is wearing the DiMera ring.

Abs, you need to focus on yourself and not another possible offspring.

Sonny, you aren't going to out-con a con by what you did. Serves you right for being obvious with the phone recording. Leo has been there, done that, and has gotten the t-shirt. And sweatshirt. And sweatpants.

• Love 5

Wow, I am loving JJ right now.  I loved him sticking up for Theresa and reminding Brady and Eve that she gave up her son to save his and Brady's life and that she was scared.  I also love him telling Brady he needed to look in the mirror, lol.  I am so happy to see someone defending Theresa.  If Theresa was my sister, I would have done anything I could to help her to heal and to feel safe again. I would tell her how happy I was that she was free and how sorry I was that she was raped and held captive for over a year.  I am so sick and tired of Brady and Eve acting like Chloe had it so terrible- she was only there for a few days, had to dance, sing, and wear a dress.  She wasn't raped repeatedly and in a constant state of terror every day for over a year.  Yeah, it was wrong of Theresa to not tell anyone where Chloe was but the poor girl was terrified, traumatized, and suffering PTSD.  Why do these characters not care about the suffering she endured?  Why is Eve only thinking with her crotch instead of thinking about the horrors her sister had to live through?

Why isn't at least one character saying what if Leo is telling the truth?  I think it would be more interesting to see a character or two believing Leo and not everyone already jumping on the Leo set it up and Sonny is innocent bandwagon.   Yes the audience knows that Leo set up the whole thing but the characters don't.  Has anyone other than Justin seen the photos of Leo and Sonny making out/having sex at the office?

I am still happy that Gabi is out of prison and I loved her scenes with Stephan.  I am really enjoying Stephan and I am intrigued about this story line.  Will Gabi get her revenge though or the show going to have her and Stephan fall in love?

That's some fast recovery Abigail had.  We are supposed to believe she is completely integrated and no longer a danger to anyone after only a few weeks in therapy?  She better not say anything about Ben getting released to soon because that would said completely hypocritical.  At least Ben spent a few years locked up in a psychiatric facility.  I would rather Eli and Lani have their baby alive than Abigail have another child.  Abigail and Chad should not be allowed anywhere the near Thomas.   She is mentally unstable and he is violent.

I am looking forward to more Ben/Ciara scenes. 

• Love 5

Just my opinion, but I am bored to death with Show these days.  It feels like it's being written by a room of monkeys as bored as I am.  

The survival of Days is too precarious to be treated this way.  Wake the hell up, Show.

• Love 7

So, I've missed a bunch of episodes due to a backyard project (almost done!) and don't have the patience or attention span to watch the piled up episodes on the DVR.  However, I did catch most of today.  It's a bit odd that Stefan hasn't recovered from the physical injuries he sustained from Chad totally kicking his ass, but Abigail is already healed (or enough to be released from wherever she was) from a serious psychological problem that resulted in the murder on one person and the framing for murder of another. 

I really with this show would give Abigail a long break and bring on another, more interesting character to take her place.  She's both infuriatingly hypocritical and bland as vanilla pudding.

On 6/24/2018 at 9:42 AM, DisneyBoy said:

Can I just say, I miss Anna. If we can't have Vivien walking around bring snarky, could we at least have Anna being loopy and Princessy? She seems like a good person and has an interesting perspective on life.

What happened to Anna?  I liked her and Roman.  Well, I liked her, and she did the impossible and made Roman tolerable.

12 hours ago, tribeca said:

Guess I am the only one who likes Stephan.  

I do, too, at least as long as he's not with Abigail. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, tribeca said:

For a long time I found Abby and Chad were just to smug.   The DID story seemed long but ending just seems to rushed.  It only took one month for her to be cured?   Or is there really a cure?  

tribeca, you're not alone re: Stefan. I was even hoping "alter Gabby" would survive and she/Stefan would become a couple (even though I knew chances were slim to none).

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Huh.  That's too bad.

12 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Ugh.  People online are talking about how "likeable" Leo is.

So they're just going to ignore Chad having stolen money from Sonny forcing him to move to Europe, huh?

"Kid"? Leo is a "kid"?

"The woman I know likes to be on top." Er, Ted, you don't know Kate that well.

Those are probably pill fans, looking for a way to spin Leo to make him viable for Sonny.

Your phone doesn't make shutter clicking noises when it takes pictures?  Mine, does.

11 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Maybe they had someone else in mind (Ron probably pointed him out in his book of dudes he drools over) and they couldn't get him so they had to settle for Greg Rikaart.  Which means they should've done some editing once that happened, but hey, that makes too much sense so...

11 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

That was what I wanted.  I wanted Leo to be this guy who would come in and sweep Sonny off his feet, make him forget all about Will and paul.  Then, will would get him memory back, see how much fun Sonny is having, get jealous and then chase after him.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Abigail can't possibly even consider an abortion because she is such a "good" Catholic!... even though it's ok for her to cheat on her husband, and try to kill people...  

Did Abigail convert? I don't recall that. I think she's Protestant (like the rest of the Hortons). But "good"  girls on Days don't get abortions --- look what happened to Mimi when she did.

• Love 4

I liked the Gabi/Abby scenes today with Gabi showing her anger--anger at Ari's turning away from her, anger at being thrown in prison and anger at Stefan's evilness--but she was also able to help and empathize with Abby because Gabi is an inherently kind person.  But now Abs is pregnant--YIKES!!

I liked the Tripp and Claire moments, especially when Claire started talking about how complicated things are with Ciara and that in her moments of introspection, she goes back and forth on whose to blame for her and Ciara's horrible relationship--that is a very human and realistic train of thought and unlike Ciara who doesn't even pause for breath before she's blaming everyone else for her problems.  It doesn't even occur to her that Claire and Tripp simply turned to each other in a moment of pain, no for Ciara, it's a grand scheme to hurt her because she's just that special.

I feel badly for Ben, not only for having to listen to the self-absorbed twat, but that he has to also try to be comforting--it must take all of his years of therapy not to just snap her like a twig.

• Love 10

Oh Ciara, not to make light of your pain or anything, but I’m pretty sure being strangled to death would be hurting you worse than you already have been.  Why are the writers making this character so difficult to empathize with?  I don’t think it’s the actor –she’s so much better than Vivian Jovani – but rather the words and attitude they’re saddling her with.  I loved Ciara when she was played by the brilliant Lauren Boyles and really want to like this character again.

I like Tripp.  But not with Claire or Ciara.  Is there anyone else he could be paired with?  Another child of a legacy character that show could bring on for him?

Also, Rose Keegan’s dramatic weight loss is worrisome.  She’s a lovely young woman and I’m not saying this to shame her in any way.  Hopefully she has people in her life who give her wise counsel and support.

Anyway, if the coming battle between Chad and Stefan was only about business, or about any other woman than Abigail, I'd be a lot more excited about the story.  And, this is a small point, but I wonder why the set designers haven't replaced the old burgundy and gold curtains with something that goes with the newer furniture?

• Love 7

Uh does Ben know his father molested his sister because it's weird the way he was going on about how he'd kill someone who hurt his sister that way.

truthfully I just don't care about chad s feud with Stefan over Abby.I'm not interested in a WTD story for abby either.

• Love 7