Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Why did Stefano seem so appalled that Andre was brainwashing Chad? Has he gotten senile? Does he need Caroline's new drug. Clearly he's forgotten he used to make a living brainwashing half of the Salemites.  And if they are going to do the brainwashing bit again then they need to bring back Dr. Rolf. 

I don't even dislike Martha Madison so I don't know what's going on with my dislike of Belle right now -- this I would attribute to a writing issue, because even when she was cheating with Phillip on Sean I didn't find her this annoying.

When Belle was cheating on BB with JKJ I was rooting her on. There was some major chemistry with MM and JKJ. 

Those were some bizarre visions Chad was having. Babies, house exploding, people lit on fire, pandas, kittens? lolI

YES! What was up with that?  Chad's subconscious is truly scary. Either that or Andre has a weird way of brewing romance. Wouldn't it have been easier for him to just show Chad some sexy photos of Belle? Might be the most direct way to a man's "heart." 

• Love 1

Why did Stefano seem so appalled that Andre was brainwashing Chad? Has he gotten senile? Does he need Caroline's new drug. Clearly he's forgotten he used to make a living brainwashing half of the Salemites.  And if they are going to do the brainwashing bit again then they need to bring back Dr. Rolf. 

When Belle was cheating on BB with JKJ I was rooting her on. There was some major chemistry with MM and JKJ. 

YES! What was up with that?  Chad's subconscious is truly scary. Either that or Andre has a weird way of brewing romance. Wouldn't it have been easier for him to just show Chad some sexy photos of Belle? Might be the most direct way to a man's "heart." 

We're supposed to believe Stefano is a loving father who is absolutely shocked that his sociopath serial killer son would harm his other son. Stefano thinks Andre is loyal for some reason even though it's pretty obvious that he's trying to claim the Dimera money and power for himself.

I think the exploding buildings and burning people are supposed to represent destruction. As in channel your inner Dimera and destroy your enemies. Or something. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 2

They probably took a note from The Hunger Games series and 'hijacked' Chad.  Putting all the horrible pictures with pics of Abigail mixed in is probably Andre's way of getting Chad to associate anything bad with Abigail.  I did miss the Clockwork Orange spectacles though.

• Love 3

Oh come on, Show.  Like aversion therapy would work to keep Chad away from Abigail.  He's already BEEN to bed with her - so what could be worse?  Nuclear bombs, et al are nothing compared to that.  

Just hearing her speak gives me hives and he's gone to Flying Monkey Land and wants to go back.

So if THAT didn't put him off, what on earth does Andre think will??

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

She was with Roman when she drugged Sami and Brandon and made it look like Sami cheated on Lucas.

My mistake.  Kate must have been trying to get over her anger and/or bury the hatchet with Belle for John's sake. 

Good episode, though, all around, even with the comedy routine called brainwashing.

Kayla looks great!  And the new set is very nice, as is Theresa and Brady's place.  Show was looking pretty tired and dusty for quite a while, so this alone is an improvement.  

I may be on my own here, but I like Eduardo, even with the chinny chin chin hair.  Kate being with another sketchy guy seems to fit her M.O. - and he makes a lot more sense than Clyde ever did.  And Eduardo coming clean to John so quickly makes me hope this means the storyline is going to move along quickly.  

Was Belle always such an annoying snip or have I just forgotten?  Because I'm ready for somebody to drop an icecube down her back.  She seems to have taken on all the entitled attitude Brady has started to shed.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 8

It was nice that Belle asked to see the niece that she's never seen. Wait! She didn't. What's up her butt? I have to say that MBE looks amazing. Has she lost weight within my the last two weeks? She looks so skinny but awesome looking. Also, I know I have a fake tree but does everyone in Salem have to get one, too? I thought it was great that Patch, Kayla & Joey went to a fake snow covered tree lot. It made me all warm & fuzzy inside. LOL!!!

• Love 5

The only thing funnier than Andre brainwashing Chad into believing that he wants Belle would be if Andre would have brainwashed Abifail into believing that was a respectful virgin. Never mind, that's how she is already viewed by the town anyways.

Loved the Steve/Kayla, Joey scenes. Dreading the Ava scenes though.

Theresa, slow down girl. Don't blow up a good thing. Haven't you learned?

If Eudurado don't get rid of that goatee I'm gonna become the "Salem Cutter!"

• Love 5

The brainwashing stuff is as stupid as the visions.  If Andre wants Chad to dump the useless hump that is Abigail, he should take him to see a therapist.  Then Chad could get to the root of why he'd want to be with such an insipid, aimless liar in the first place.  And if Andre didn't want to go that route, there are a couple other ways he could manipulate Chad away from Abigail in order to aim him toward Belle.  For instance, he could hire an EJ look-alike, or introduce Abigail to any unavailable man, and watch what happens.  When Chad's dear "true love" drops him for the next man-chase, Andre could move in with more subtle mind games than this lame brainwashing.  Dumbass.

MBE was gorgeous today.  That shade of blue is her color and her hair looks great.  I'm also loving Kayla's nice big house.  Not too long ago I was watching some old GH clips from the 80s and was amazed at how big the house sets were.  This house, and even Theresa's and Brady's place which includes a hallway, are more reminesent of golden era sets than the single-room crackerboxes of recent years, where everyone does everything from eating dinner to having sex on the couch.  At least the new regime is paying attention to production things like this.  Now if they'd just pay as much attention to decent stories.

It was great to see Nicole today but I'm not liking how she's been sidelined since August.  For the last few years all she's done is moon over Dan or Eric while talking to herself, but lately she hasn't even gotten those crumbs.  The Basic Black story should be as much about her as it is Theresa and Kate, and I say that as a fan of both of those other characters.

Still no Lucas, and I'm already for Tamara Braun to leave.

I think A's goatee is because he's also concurrently working on the "Longmire" TV series.

I wonder if he thinks it makes him look more like an Indian chief.  Someone should tell him that it does not.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 10

Sorry Days, but you've lost a viewer with this stupid brainwashing crap. Hate it.

In this dying age of soap opera, I wish TBTP across all soaps stop doing such tired antics. It doesn't work. It actually chase viewers away.

• Love 5

Hi Ava, it's not nice to see you. I do like seeing the Johnson family bonding though.

For some reason I'm thoroughly amused by this brainwashing. It's clearly not going to last but I will enjoy seeing Chad reject Abigail. I get Andre's goal is to have Chad seduce Belle and get the money back but how exactly does he see this going? They get together and immediately Belle offers up her bank account number because he's that good? Not the smartest Dimera plan I've ever seen.

Theresa, honey I love you but you've been working at Basic Black for about 3 days. This is your first job in the career that you want in fashion, you don't go from beginning designer to CEO in a week. Trying to overthrow Kate is not a good idea. Kate's being mean to you? Give it right back and do your job. Also how did Brady miss Theresa lurking in the doorway listening? Brady: not observant at all.

• Love 3

Oh man, that brainwashing thing is whack. I can imagine Billy Flynn thinking, "so...how is a half-hypnotized, brainwashed person supposed to act?" I hope it's short-lived. But that tear coming down his cheek when he realized he couldn't fight Andre's techniques? Oy.

Patch and Kayla win my heart all over again every day they're on screen. His jolly green kerchief was adorbs. But why is Joey such a numbskull? 

• Love 4

I think A's goatee is because he's also concurrently working on the "Longmire" TV series.

Thanks, didn't know he was on another show. I find it highly distracting lol

Could they give some wardrobe dollars to Steve? The dollar store bandana was sad and not very bad ass.

Oh man, that brainwashing thing is whack. I can imagine Billy Flynn thinking, "so...how is a half-hypnotized, brainwashed person supposed to act?"

The funniest thing is in his interview in SOD he says he chose to  model  the brainwashed Chad after EJ. 

• Love 2

This was a superb episode!  I don't know what I enjoyed more, Chad's telling Abby he doesn't want to be with her or Abby's incredulous expression at hearing Chad doesn't want her.  WOO HOO!!  And how about when she hit at him as she left his hotel room?  Sure, she'll throw punches when there isn't any chance someone will hit back, but when it would actually pay to be violent, like say when you're kidnapped by a psycho serial killer, she sat there passively.  Even if it ended with her getting hit, I'd have more respect that she actually tried to save herself and her baby.

And I loved the eerie way BF's Chad played brainwashed Chad--his repeating Andre's words was particularly well done--and I like forward to his scenes with Belle.

I also loved Steve going into protective big brother mode when he ran into Justin--the actors played that scene perfectly.  There was the right amount of venom for two people who have known each other for a long time and were forced to get along.  Nice :)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 8

Today was boring and stupid:

Ava? Who the hell cares what her end game is?

Chabby will weather this storm b/c Mansi is a pet. 

ISA/Assassins training? I want to puke

Hope and Ciara NEEDING a man? Come the eff on, people. 

ETA: sorry. I'm just hate "watching" at this point. 

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 3

I loved the Steve and Justin scene, Steve hating on him was perfect and brought back so much since he never approved. But he has a scene with Justin but Steve still hasn't interacted with his sister onscreen. Instead we get them having beers off screen? I wanted to see that. 

Kayla and Ava were great too and Steve's shock of seeing her in his living room. I love having Ava back interacting with them.

Would have been good to see Chase interacting with Ciara today and going together for the tree. I think they both could have used it and decorating it with Hope, the 3 of them instead of Rafe there.

Belle wants to bring up criminal and legal repercussions against Andre, wouldn't that implicate Sami? If Belle is so interested and worried about Marlena's safety then why doesn't she just give the money back instead of keeping the stolen funds yet acting like she's innocent. She's criminally involved too, with being Sami's accomplice. 

LOL at Abby really saying her family is ready to welcome him with open arms. With Jen's look the other day, she needs to look into that. Good for instantly seeing there's something wrong with him, it not making sense and not sounding like him. They really quickly had her not buying the act.  

Brainwashed Chad came off great, really robotic and it's funny if that's BF's EJ impersonation. Chad wanting to sue DA/Justin is a great idea. Too bad it's brainwashed Chad with the idea. Normal Chad should have done that and I hope when ever he memories return he doesn't give up the lawsuit. Justin deserves it. What's the other side of Chad that Gabi is claiming about? The side that called her out for passing off Ari as Nick's and hated her for kidnapping? Gabi doesn't have much room to comment on Chad's "other side" when he had valid reasons to detest her.

Edited by Artsda

The day I rant I about BALANCE I get some.

Seems like everyone got used into today's episode just about.

I liked this episode, no major cliffhanger, which is expected with Xmas on the horizon.

Funny my question if Eduardo is a hitman or assassin got ansawered right away.

Ava already passing out. Lol. Good Kayla stood up to her when she had the chance.

Belle and Chad already making goo goo eyes at each other and Abifail didn't like it so much by the end.

Rafe still needs patience when it comes to Hope. Since we've hopped from Thanksgiving straight into Xmas has this man had breather. The writers needs to slowly build this up how they did with Aiden (before they wrecked the character) being paired Hope.

Days needs to be written like this everyday. Again balance is key!

Edited by BlackMamba

Can anyone explain what Eduardo was talking about? This whole thing is so convoluted that I barely understand what's happening. I don't know why 60-70 year old John can't just be happy with the family he already has. 

I will enjoy Chad turning Abifail away for as long as it lasts. Also, I'm so sick of this cockroach always hitting someone or trying to hit them. I wish someone would teach her a lesson and beat her scrawny ass into the ground. 

Justin is so so so annoying. Please put him and Adrienne back together so Lucas can get a better love interest. 

They need to slow down with this Hope/Rafe thing. 

There was a nice balance to this episode and I appreciate Chabifail not taking over. 

• Love 3

Never thought I'd say this to Steve especially in relation to Justin after how he has acted lately, but Steve, get off your high horse and STFU. Justin cheated, was an ass and a snake and is and will always be wrong, but to the best of my knowledge none of his skanks were sociopaths who tormented Kayla, kidnapped her child and killed her father, to name just a few of their offenses -- interesting that the same can't be said for you. Speaking of which, one of your sociopaths is using your dopey son and harassing the woman who keeps taking you back right as you are acting all high and mighty. Just because you left Kayla and Joey "for the greater good," a fact which they didn't know until a couple of months ago, doesn't make the hurt they felt any less real than what Adrienne and your nephews felt. Hate to say it, but Justin is right, smug doesn't become you, especially not now.

I know the writers will never allow this to happen, but I would love for Kayla to let Ava know that no one cares if she lives or dies and to make sure that Ava is arrested and spends whatever time she has left behind bars where she belongs. But of course, the writers will have Kayla play the sap who gets taken advantage of and hurt by this creature.

Liked the scenes with Marlena and Belle, but I'm not feeling Belle this time around. While I'm not a fan of MM, she always read to old for the role IMO, I never actively disliked Belle until now.

Don't care about John and his quest for Daddy Adam and Mommy Eve. Love A. Martinez, but that dead hamster on his face makes me ff through his scenes. FYI -- it works on Longmire not because he is supposed to be Native American, but because his character is a mustache twirling villain.

P.S. Is Ava dead yet? No. Too bad. Wake me when she's gone. Between Ava, Eduardo and Abigail, my ff button is getting quite the workout.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 1

I mean are John's parents going to be like 80 something if he ever finds them. The show should had done this story back in the 90s at the height of Jonn's popularity. I feel this is going to be dragged out affair and it going to be one big dud. Maybe if the parents are dead, he has siblings that around his age.

This is why we need William Shatner as John's father stat.  My desire would be for John's father to be someone who could rival Stefano and/or Victor.  Joe Mascolo's recent health issues aside I think this show does great with showing the older crowd and their ability to have a presence on the show and make them viable characters even in their 80's. 

• Love 5

This is why we need William Shatner as John's father stat.  My desire would be for John's father to be someone who could rival Stefano and/or Victor.  Joe Mascolo's recent health issues aside I think this show does great with showing the older crowd and their ability to have a presence on the show and make them viable characters even in their 80's.

So that we can have an actor who is so bad he makes Drake look like a grade a talent?

• Love 1

Steve speaking for the audience by calling Justin out on being a pompous ass. hooray!  Plus we get Chad cutting off the simpering trollo!!!  As great as his 'you couldn't get enough of me' slam down a few months back.

Kayla standing up to Ava from the get go. Steve knew right away Joey was being prompted by someone else.  He will put it together.  But if his goal was to reunite his parents, that's been accomplished.  SMDH at him texting her who's in the house.

Nice scene with Hope and Ciara although I wish we could have seen them and Chase pick out a tree since Days sprung for a tree set. It was very strange scene to have her spend all that effort cheering up Hope only to have Hope send her 16 yr old out the door to tote the tree home by herself. Watching the Steve, Kayla and Joey pick out the tree made my xmas, if I celebrated. 

I'm floored by the new sets, especially Kayla's stunning house and Theresa's townhouse where you see actual light coming in!  All in all a great episode. 

I don't find Rope so much rushed as annoying because of Rafe. Rafe has been into Hope for a long, long time but that golden moment passed about a year ago.  I could go on and on about Rafe having to visit her house 5x a day yet can't get off his ass to find trollop so he blows off Chad's warnings and sends out a rookie.  Sue the hell out of them, Chad.

I dislike Jawn and Ed although together they make up something resembling a storyline. Miriam,  seems even more unnecessary than Ava. I'm getting a little tired of Mar.  I'm in the minority that  I don't mind Belle because she can act. If you ignore the frown, her eyes tell you exactly what she's thinking.  Not that I always like it.  When she was introduced to Theresa, the woman her brother is living with, she averted her eyes for a second.  Extremely rude, having never met the girl before, but well done. I cannot stand her with Philip. Or Philip.

Practically everything about the Andre storyline is stoopid except for Chad's acting today. I was trying to figure out what war in which century inspired that jacket.  Ugh.  Anything to break up Chabby is fine with me so I guess I'd rather have this than having Stephono back and everything happening off screen. It's sort of interesting that both Stef and Vic have detestable heirs running things.  Although Andre appears to be interested in the money, not the business.

Piecing the money together it looks like Sami stole 500M and gave Belle 250M out of it.  I thought she had given Bell all of it to throw the Dimeras off the trail but if not, this is extremely stupid.  As many of you have pointed out there are much better ways for Andre to go about this as many of you have mentioned.  Presumably Mar would know more about Sami than Belle. 

Trollop.  I didn't expect to see her the day of Chad's brainwashing.  When her face popped up I had a physical reaction and shouted no.  I mean, this was all reflex, having forgotten for that second it was a flashback.  While I enjoyed the Clockwork Orange aspect a lot, it still counts as a trollop appearance. 

And the reason I started this rant.  Theresa.  I understand her irritation with Kate because a) we all know how Kate can be b) Theresa's sole intention was to be a designer, admitting she knew nothing about business and needed a partner for that skill as well as capital c) Kate was supposed to be a silent or semi-silent partner.  At first no one would look at T's sketches at all until Kate told her she could work with an experienced designer.  T reluctantly accepted that.  When Kate and Nicole confronted her with where are your sketches, T stepped up and worked on them.  Now we've got Kate demanding she work on the business end of things.  "I got the damned email"  Ha!  Is Kate trying to set her up for failure, knowing T has no business experience?  We all know when Kate is involved with something she wants complete control. When T has creative suggestions or about models she is shut down.  I don't blame T for being frustrated. 

• Love 6

Steve makes everything better.  I especially loved his conversation with Justin.  SN, MBE, and KA are making the show for me right now.

I'm not clear on what's going on between John and Eduardo - both of them whisper and most times I'm too lazy/not interested enough to rewind.  But basically, Eduardo is a family serial-leaver because he's an assassin?  Wut?

Honestly, I didn't think KM could get any weirder looking when she wore her hair in a tight bun the other day, but the sumo-style 'do she was sporting today make her even more homely.

This was a superb episode!  I don't know what I enjoyed more, Chad's telling Abby he doesn't want to be with her or Abby's incredulous expression at hearing Chad doesn't want her.  WOO HOO!!  And how about when she hit at him as she left his hotel room?  Sure, she'll throw punches when there isn't any chance someone will hit back, but when it would actually pay to be violent, like say when you're kidnapped by a psycho serial killer, she sat there passively.  Even if it ended with her getting hit, I'd have more respect that she actually tried to save herself and her baby.

Exactly.  She didn't do shit to save Wendy and when the psycho mannequin looked like her was going to jiz all over Chad's back when he was putting a rope around his neck, she just sat there.  But any other time she's ready to bust out the violence.  She's useless.

• Love 8

So that we can have an actor who is so bad he makes Drake look like a grade a talent?

They're equally bad.  Really though, Shatner is good at what he plays.  I'd like to see him as the slimy prosecutor at Hope's trial if there is one but I'd be thrilled to see him as the dad.

Jawn really fell into the hoarse whispering thing again this week didn't he. How about looking for Sami instead of Adam and Eve you idiot.  Ha!

• Love 1

What is Abigail wearing on the top of her head?

So Adrienne and Steve had scenes off-camera.

Why did Kayla let Ava into her house?

I'm surprised Abigail didn't slap Chad, that's her usual go-to.

If Ava owns the things she did why didn't she turn herself in to the police?

• Love 2

You know it's a sad state of daytime viewing when the people holding my attention the most were John and Edwardo. I think that's a sign it's time to start tuning out.

I will enjoy Chad turning Abifail away for as long as it lasts. Also, I'm so sick of this cockroach always hitting someone or trying to hit them. I wish someone would teach her a lesson and beat her scrawny ass into the ground. 

Oh I'd pay good money to watch that. It could even be a pay-per-view special.  All I could think about every time she was on screen today was, "GO TAKE CARE OF YOUR NEWBORN BABY AND QUIT CHASING DICK!"

I know the writers will never allow this to happen, but I would love for Kayla to let Ava know that no one cares if she lives or dies and to make sure that Ava is arrested and spends whatever time she has left behind bars where she belongs. But of course, the writers will have Kayla play the sap who gets taken advantage of and hurt by this creature...

P.S. Is Ava dead yet? No. Too bad. Wake me when she's gone. Between Ava, Eduardo and Abigail, my ff button is getting quite the workout.

Exactly!  If my sworn enemy who wrecked my family showed up at my door and told me she was dying I'd say "good riddance" and not give her another thought except maybe to dance on her grave when she finally kicks it. This storyline with Ava is so lame. Can't they conjure up any intriguing adventures like Steve and Kayla used to go on for them?  I noticed they mentioned the three prism storyline today for Bo and Hope so clearly some of the writers don't have amnesia. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 6

Chad and the brainwashing reminds me me of Chuck (from the eponymous TV show) getting the Intersect downloaded to his brain -- very similar looks. Except Chuck became a CIA super spy after his interaction. Chad just became... well, I don't know what exactly but it's amusing. As is Andre's jacket, which looks like something a British Invasion band might have worn in the '60s. The 1860s.

• Love 9

Piecing the money together it looks like Sami stole 500M and gave Belle 250M out of it.  I thought she had given Bell all of it to throw the Dimeras off the trail but if not, this is extremely stupid.  As many of you have pointed out there are much better ways for Andre to go about this as many of you have mentioned.  Presumably Mar would know more about Sami than Belle.

So, here's a thought-didn't Stefano need Abby to marry Chad for the property in Ireland that was supposed to save his fortune?   That crash was the sound of a plot dropping.  Along with why Aiden was being paid to marry Hope-until he wasn't.  

And if you want to know what Belle knows, kidnap her and hypnotize her.   So convoluted. 

• Love 2

It was wonderful to see Billy Flynn in a scene with a young woman who is not KM. I'm not sure what I think of Martha Madison, but right now I'm liking her Chad and together (yeah, I know it won't last).  I think the only other female on DOOL Billy Flynn is allowed to be in a scene alone with is Deidre Hall. I haven't seen Chad with any other women - well since Serena and of course she was murdered.  I don't care for the brainwashing storyline and I know it's not going to last, but I'm certainly enjoying Chad telling Abby "no" while I can.  

I  wanted Steve to call Justin "Dimples" in their scene together.  I missed the Ava storyline last time around and I'm already screaming at Kayla "get her out of your house!!  Don't fall for anything Ava tells you." I'm glad Kayla reminded Ava it was because of her Shawn Sr. died.  It was nice to see Steve and Ciara bringing in the Christmas tree together.  I think that Vivian Jovanni is growing on me. No, she's not great, but she is improving IMO and seeing how much she and KA look alike makes it easier to believe they are mother and daughter. 

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 6

I thought today was a good episode. I'm pretty intrigued by Chad and Belle. Chad's brainwashed voice is kind of hilarious. And Abigail your family was ready to welcome Chad with open arms? Who exactly said that? Jennifer looked at you like hmm no thanks and your brother just called Chad a sleaze, even though he saved your life. So you might want to recheck on that. Andre's plan is ten kinds of terrible but I'll be amused watching it for however long it lasts.

I don't understand why they are yet again messing with John's parentage. I get he's curious but this got old so long ago on the many changes they made. Not loving Eduardo but I'm glad Gabi is trying to make an effort despite Rafe's warnings. She deserves to make her own decisions about her father. I miss seeing little Ari. I guess we might during Christmas.

I enjoyed Steve and Justin's scenes and yes he was an ass to Adrienne and you are defending your sister but let's not get crazy Steve. You didn't cheat but you abandoned your family for "protection" or whatever. And one of your problems just showed up on your doorstep so let's tone down the self righteousness. Kayla, I would have advised you to shut and lock your door so Ava couldn't come in but here she is.

• Love 4

Kayla was the one who responded to those texts she didn't know were coming from Ava; Steve wanted to ignore them.  She unintentionally called Ava's hand.  So Kayla being ready and unintimidated to take on whatever dog poo shows up on her doorstep is in character. 

• Love 3

They're equally bad.  Really though, Shatner is good at what he plays.  I'd like to see him as the slimy prosecutor at Hope's trial if there is one but I'd be thrilled to see him as the dad.

Jawn really fell into the hoarse whispering thing again this week didn't he. How about looking for Sami instead of Adam and Eve you idiot.  Ha!

Oh, I agree totally. Shatner was never a great thespian, but he sold Captain Kirk, it's just that he gave in to the ham in him years ago and never looked back. As for Drake, I have always and will always contend that Days made a colossal mistake when they deRomaned him. Not only was he really good and believable as Roman, his sibling chemistry with the rest of the Bradys was in my opinion unmatched. He even had excellent parent/child chemistry with Shawn and Caroline. The story should have been that WN although a dead ringer for Roman was actually the fake.

What is Abigail wearing on the top of her head?

So Adrienne and Steve had scenes off-camera.

Why did Kayla let Ava into her house?

I'm surprised Abigail didn't slap Chad, that's her usual go-to.

If Ava owns the things she did why didn't she turn herself in to the police?

1) I hate this. It is so similar to how Aside from the initial return, Steve had no scenes with Jack. If you don't want to use Judi Evans for anything else, let her have scenes with Steve and Kayla, she always shined with them.

2) Kayla didn't let her in. We got the typical trope of telling the horrible person you are going to call the police and turning your back in them rather than closing the door, and they walk right in.

3) Abigail didn't slap Chad because she wasn't sure she wouldn't get slapped back. You know her MO.

4) As we non-Salem brainers know, Ava is a lying manipulating monster who is full of ish.

• Love 5

Show had a stunner of a moment for me today.  Finally!  Finally somebody came up with a hairdo to hid Abigail's pinhead.  Yup, they gave OUR HEROINE a new hairdo, and this one, besides hiding her Zippy look, also is perfect for slapping and body punching.  She can let loose and no hair gets in her eyes!

I confess, I was really looking forward to her punching Chad - or anyone, for that matter.  It's been a long time, and she's like a practicing alcoholic - if she doesn't get in a punch she's going to really lose it.  

Her only slapping Chad in the chest is her version of having a light beer.

3) Abigail didn't slap Chad because she wasn't sure she wouldn't get slapped back. You know her MO.

Nobody must ever touch Princess.  Ever.

Oh I'd pay good money to watch that. It could even be a pay-per-view special.  All I could think about every time she was on screen today was, "GO TAKE CARE OF YOUR NEWBORN BABY AND QUIT CHASING DICK!"

And she was so unhappy when Chad called Baby Plot Point "It".  Perhaps if had put "Cousin" in front of "It", she'd feel better?  

I don't fault Abigail for not staying home caring for Da Beeebee.  That's what Jenn is for.  And, the kid is so big he's probably got a job delivering papers by now.  

As for Abigail and "my whole family is ready to welcome you with open arms" - and as you all have pointed out, Jenn and JJ, still not fans.  But even if Chad hadn't been brainwashed, maybe he's not so thrilled at the prospect of having Julie grill him on his bowel habits, favorite kind of fiber and sexual positions, or having to learn to play the ukele and sing barbershop with Doug?

Extended family Horton time just might send even a normal, non-brainwashed person screaming into the night.

I thought today was a good episode. I'm pretty intrigued by Chad and Belle. Chad's brainwashed voice is kind of hilarious. And Abigail your family was ready to welcome Chad with open arms? Who exactly said that? Jennifer looked at you like hmm no thanks and your brother just called Chad a sleaze, even though he saved your life. So you might want to recheck on that. Andre's plan is ten kinds of terrible but I'll be amused watching it for however long it lasts.

I liked today as well.  Though I'm sitting over her in the corner, with, I think, plenty of room, since I'm enjoying both Eduardo and Ava.  Whatever game Ava is playing, I have a feeling there's one - or two - things about Ava Steve has neglected to tell Kayla about.  This woman is seriously creepy, which in this case, for me, is a good thing.  Most importantly, it puts Kayla and Steve front and center, - and isn't MBE looking good?? - so I know that every day they're on will be a good one for me.

DH had his Smell the Fart face on so much today I practically had to open a window.  Has anyone ever suggested that perhaps his parents gave him to Winterthorne Academy because they couldn't stand him either??    I appreciate A. Martinez' acting skills, so as disposable as his character ultimately is, I like watching him.  

With any luck, Jawn will finally find out that he's perviously unknown little brother of Alvin and the Chipmunks.  The unfunny one they shoved out of the tree.

As for Belle.....I think she's in serious need of doing the Activia challenge.  Woman needs to dial her disdain for everyone around down a notch or 12.  Poor Chad.  Show really gives him no good options.

• Love 6

Please tell me TB is not around for very long, because she is making me FF Kayla, who I really didn't care much for back in the day but she is now one of my favorites.

Does Longmire (what is this show, when is it on, why does it require A to have this appalling facial hair) not have a budget where they could spirit glue this thatch to his chin while filming and allow him to be clean-shaven IRL?

Abby's knob ontop of head hair looked ridonk. I realize the actors probably don't have much to say about wardrobe, but are they not allowed to look in the mirror and say "this hairdo? No."

I will say again, who thought John and his past with Eduardo would be a compelling story? As others have pointed out, we've gone down this road with John before. Another rewrite of his history is just not interesting. And really, what does it matter at this point? I would rather watch him and Marlena really explore their issues, they do have rather a lot of them. And where does Eduardo go from here? I have loved A since Cruz and Eden and this is just not doing it for me.

• Love 2

I will say again, who thought John and his past with Eduardo would be a compelling story? As others have pointed out, we've gone down this road with John before. Another rewrite of his history is just not interesting. And really, what does it matter at this point? I would rather watch him and Marlena really explore their issues, they do have rather a lot of them. And where does Eduardo go from here? I have loved A since Cruz and Eden and this is just not doing it for me.

This.

• Love 1

Abifail Trollop was more upset when Chad told her he didn't want her than she was when she found out her fiance was a serial killer who murdered her cousin or when she went into labor at gunpoint or when Wendy was forced to spend her last moments looking at her bloody vagina then be put down like a dog when Ben had no more use for her. She's more concerned about Chad than she is with taking care of her Plot Point Baby (shout out to boes).

• Love 15

I'm on the fence with nuCiera. I can't decide if it's because of her voice or she doesn't smile enough?! Granted, her father just died but even before that she bugged me. Actually, all the nukids bug me. Except, for Joey. He has potential.

• Love 2

So I just caught up on the last week. I still have no idea how time works in Salem. Some thing seem to be moving at normal speed and then others, like everything related to Hope's storyline, seems to be actually located on Mercury (where the days are 58 Earth days long) and it's just so weird.

I realize that Rafe is being propped majorly but I don't really mind so far. For one thing, he strikes me as a legit good guy. Yes, he can be self-righteous and judgmental but he is, overall, a decent man who is trying to do good and that is something that is rare indeed on soaps anymore. I did like it when Ciara called him 'Detective Scrooge.'

John and Eduardo are like the twin Duchys of Intense Whispering and I found all of their interactions delightful because of that. I was vastly amused. Assassin school. Danger. Got it. I know A Martinez has that chin thing for Longmire but it really highlights his chin quivering... in a distracting way. Luckily the intense whispering helped.

The whole Chad/Abigail thing... okay, first of all, no bedtime story is better than this one from Todd to Blair back in 2000. So, you know, whatever... But the brainwashing thing was one of the funniest thing I saw all week. I laughed so hard. Look! Abigail = atrocity! Burning bodies! Death and horror! But Belle? Belle = sunsets and serene lakes and kitties!! That's one of the best things I've ever seen on a soap. It was hilarious!

Also, I really appreciate that Days is building up not just its younger generation (Joey, Ciara, Theo, Claire and Chase) but also it's mid-generation with Philip, Belle, Chad, Abigail, JJ and Gabi... I suppose you can throw in Brady and Theresa there as well. There's potential there. Corday will probably squander it but someone is making an effort and I like that.

Then there's Steve and Kayla. Okay, no question that I love these two (new update very soon in the Past thread) but what a delight! Steve was wearing a bandana. Steve was wearing a bandana!! And a ridiculous little snowman pin on his jacket! I love their house. It's just so pretty and absolutely Kayla all over the place. Their decorations? Purple and gold and green. Okay. Admittedly it sort of made me think of my Aunt Debi who loves purple and uses it everywhere... but that's not even remotely a bad thing because my Aunt Debi is awesome. Also, I love that Kayla's 'having none of this shit' expression has only intensified over the years. Seriously, Ava, I'd run from that look if I were you. Good girls who are that angry on sight do not bode well for a successful end to you schemes. Ava's obviously lying with her make up and her fake coughing. "Oh... I'm dying of consumption... or leukemia... whatevs! I'm totes dying, isn't that sad?'

No bitch. What's sad is you thinking this is going to work. Frankly, Steve seeing her and physically hauling her out of the house (for her to conveniently fake faint on him) was magnificent. As long as Steve and Kayla remain united in this, it should be good. Extricating their son from his stupid decision to team up with someone he doesn't fucking know would be the best course. Obviously that won't happen but, currently, I'm happy to dream of such a thing.

Oh! I totally forgot about Steve and Justin! That was enjoyable. Part of me wishes that Eve had been with Justin at the time just so I could have seen Stephen Nichols and Kassie DePaiva together. I would want nothing to come between Steve and Kayla, and certainly not Eve... but in her darker periods on OLTL (usually when Todd was gone or just in Mega-Uber-Douche mode) I wished they'd have brought SN to the show and pair them up. It's really just about me wanting to see them share space for a brief moment in time. But I love the history that seems to be embedded in the show right now... family, friends, interactions therein. I LIKE that.

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 14

I realize that Rafe is being propped majorly but I don't really mind so far. For one thing, he strikes me as a legit good guy. Yes, he can be self-righteous and judgmental but he is, overall, a decent man who is trying to do good and that is something that is rare indeed on soaps anymore. I did like it when Ciara called him 'Detective Scrooge.'

First of all, awesome review of this week. You should try and do reviews/observations for the site. Where do you apply? Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

So I just caught up on the last week. I still have no idea how time works in Salem. Some thing seem to be moving at normal speed and then others, like everything related to Hope's storyline, seems to be actually located on Mercury (where the days are 58 Earth days long) and it's just so weird.

John and Eduardo are like the twin Duchys of Intense Whispering and I found all of their interactions delightful because of that. I was vastly amused. Assassin school. Danger. Got it. I know A Martinez has that chin thing for Longmire but it really highlights his chin quivering... in a distracting way. Luckily the intense whispering helped.

The whole Chad/Abigail thing... okay, first of all, no bedtime story is better than this one from Todd to Blair back in 2000. So, you know, whatever... But the brainwashing thing was one of the funniest thing I saw all week. I laughed so hard. Look! Abigail = atrocity! Burning bodies! Death and horror! But Belle? Belle = sunsets and serene lakes and kitties!! That's one of the best things I've ever seen on a soap. It was hilarious!

Also, I really appreciate that Days is building up not just its younger generation (Joey, Ciara, Theo, Claire and Chase) but also it's mid-generation with Philip, Belle, Chad, Abigail, JJ and Gabi... I suppose you can throw in Brady and Theresa there as well. There's potential there. Corday will probably squander it but someone is making an effort and I like that.

Then there's Steve and Kayla. Okay, no question that I love these two (new update very soon in the Past thread) but what a delight! Steve was wearing a bandana. Steve was wearing a bandana!! And a ridiculous little snowman pin on his jacket! I love their house. It's just so pretty and absolutely Kayla all over the place. Their decorations? Purple and gold and green. Okay. Admittedly it sort of made me think of my Aunt Debi who loves purple and uses it everywhere... but that's not even remotely a bad thing because my Aunt Debi is awesome. Also, I love that Kayla's 'having none of this shit' expression has only intensified over the years. Seriously, Ava, I'd run from that look if I were you. Good girls who are that angry on sight do not bode well for a successful end to you schemes. Ava's obviously lying with her make up and her fake coughing. "Oh... I'm dying of consumption... or leukemia... whatevs! I'm totes dying, isn't that sad?'

No bitch. What's sad is you thinking this is going to work. Frankly, Steve seeing her and physically hauling her out of the house (for her to conveniently fake faint on him) was magnificent. As long as Steve and Kayla remain united in this, it should be good. Extricating their son from his stupid decision to team up with someone he doesn't fucking know would be the best course. Obviously that won't happen but, currently, I'm happy to dream of such a thing.

Oh! I totally forgot about Steve and Justin! That was enjoyable. Part of me wishes that Eve had been with Justin at the time just so I could have seen Stephen Nichols and Kassie DePaiva together. I would want nothing to come between Steve and Kayla, and certainly not Eve... but in her darker periods on OLTL (usually when Todd was gone or just in Mega-Uber-Douche mode) I wished they'd have brought SN to the show and pair them up. It's really just about me wanting to see them share space for a brief moment in time. But I love the history that seems to be embedded in the show right now... family, friends, interactions therein. I LIKE that.

Love this post, especially the Hope/Kayla/Steve/ThatWoman/Joey part. My hope, which I know will never happen would be for Hope and Kayla to team up and completely decimate little Ms. Ava as I know whatever the motivation for this storyline line will be something I hate but that we as viewers will be stuck with going forward. We're it up to me, Ava's "leukemia" would take her out faster than Bo's brain tumor, but my guess is we are stuck with her through at least Februay sweeps, possibly May. This is why the six month out shooting schedule is a disaster, no room for course correction. The show is just stuck with unendingly crap stories that alienat fans Days can't afford to lose.

• Love 2

I know this is a tv show, but in the real world, I would think the bank manager would be alerted if a customer made such a request, since the request screams "fraud".  I know, I need to stop comparing fictional tv to real life. :)

Heh. Especially this show, which is even more fictional than most.

Not impressed by the actor playing Phillip and I can't believe this bland, mildly attractive man is considered some sort of soap superstar--what am I missing?

It's less about about what you're missing than what he's missing. Charisma, a discernible personality, talent... Something.

• Love 3