Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

The writers just failed all the way around with the cheating SLs.  They couldn't seem to come up with what the motivation for cheating was, and they couldn't follow through on the consequences.

Justin and Adrienne have cheated on each other in the past so nothing new there.  Lucas, however, like Sami was not a cheater.  If they have Lucas cheating with Adrienne while she is married to Justin, I'll be disappointed, and it will be OOC for Lucas just like it was OOC for Sami to cheat.

• Love 2
(edited)

Yes, OOC for Lucas.  But the poor guy...his mother sent his girlfriend away across the country.  Before that he was engaged in Hong Kong and that fell apart when he turned his attention back to Sami. Along with that Kate decided to give Chloe the poisoned apple.  If only it worked, there'd be no stupid Parker and the threat of Chloe returning would be gone.

I wish they'd give Lucas something to do in Salem and I'm still sad there weren't enough Lumi scenes last fall.  Adrienne on the other hand has been a naggy sloppy mess for years.  I get it that she's over the top because I suspect Justin is a normal human male who finds it difficult not to have sex for a year at a time.  Why Adrienne hasn't traveled there though is a mystery but I think Justin deterred her?  And she's freaking bored without her husband and her other kids so maybe that's why she's overly involved in Jackson's life.  In addition to the yuckiness of this pairing is the arguments we'll have to put up with when they find out about the WilSon infidelity. As far as Jackson leaving without saying goodbye to Ari, I can see that as beginning to mentally separate from what you expect will be a huge loss.  He delivered her after all establishing his importance in her life.  Damn that was a great scene with FS confronted with female genitalia and a baby popping out and his face said it all when Gabi told him to do something!

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2
(edited)

It seem as though Lucas and Adrienne were brought together just so that there would be heightened tension with the Wilson stuff, like how Rafe and Sami had their tension over the Gabi and Will mess.  That means warping Lucas's character so that Adrienne can yell at Lucas. Sami isn't around for her to yell at, so...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

I wish TIIC had thought to ask AS to be recurring.  If AS/Sami was recurring like BD/Lucas is, that would have been the perfect time to reunite Lumi, and since they wouldn't be leads, maybe Corday wouldn't feel the need to destroy them.  AS wanted more free time to spend with her family, and she said being part of Ejami was exhausting because it is drama all the time.  I know AS loves working with BD (she liked working with GG to), and it would have been great to finally get Lumi the way they should have been through 2007 and after.

I'm still annoyed they trashed both Lumi and Safe to put Sami with EJ so he could ruin her life again, and then they didn't follow through on Sami destroying EJ.  They showed for over a year that EJ did not love or respect Sami, he just wanted to control her, and then they wimped out.

I will be surprised if Sami doesn't put in an appearance with Will having marital problems.  At the very least, Lucas or Will should be referencing talking to Sami, and saying they are keeping her apprised of what's going on.  Allie should be visiting Lucas and Will to.

• Love 4
(edited)

The writers just failed all the way around with the cheating SLs.  They couldn't seem to come up with what the motivation for cheating was, and they couldn't follow through on the consequences.

Justin and Adrienne have cheated on each other in the past so nothing new there.  Lucas, however, like Sami was not a cheater.  If they have Lucas cheating with Adrienne while she is married to Justin, I'll be disappointed, and it will be OOC for Lucas just like it was OOC for Sami to cheat.

There are few characters on day who are not cheaters.  When it serves the plot point they all cheat.  So SAmi Brady is a cheater like 90% of the characters on days. If the plot calls for it Marlena would murder her own mother. Jmo

Edited by bobcat1946
(edited)

So Show ended today with Jenn telling JJ that one of the voices in her head says that he should go for it with Paige, yet another voice in her head says that lies always come out.  JJ shut her down before we could hear anymore from the chorus inhabiting that head of hers, which left me wondering what other things those voices in her head say.....

I wonder if Unicorns are real....chocolate puddin' pops make me think of...GODDAMM EVE!!...does this catsuit make my butt look big?....Abigail's butt is looking HUGE in that skirt but I shouldn't tell her....I wonder how big EJ was?....who ate my last puddin' pop?....GODDAMM EVE...Is Nicole hiding balloons in her blouse?....puddin' pops....Mike liked puddin' pops....I wonder if I should make a family rape chart for the kids for their memory books.....did Julie get that brazilian?....Hope should eat a puddin' pop....puddin' pops are way better than sex with Daniel....GODDAMM EVE....do my ankles look fat in this cat suit?....maybe lemon bars, Maggie's lemon bars, melting on Victor's naked....NO NO NO MUST NOT THINK DIRTY THOUGHTS....puddin' pops and lemon bars and Victor in a...STOP....think about Mike and his....NO, he's your BROTHER FOR GOD'S sake...I bet yellow unicorns taste just like cotton candy....Daniel sometimes smelled like cotton candy....no, that was Mike...GODDAMM EVE.....I didn't imagine how HARD it would be to fart in this outfit....makes me think of Jawn....that Prawn, no he was a PAWN....hmmm, now I'm hungry for Prawns....maybe a puddin' pop for dessert....JJ's been working out...STOP THAT RIGHT NOW.....think of Grampa Horton...covered in marshmallow...NO....Victor looks so good lately.....I AM NOT HORNY LADIES DON'T GET HORNY.....where is that neck massager......did JJ leave.....unicorns have big horns that's funny....maybe I should get a brazilian....with a puddin' pop....Mike sure was always handsome....LA LA LA LA not thinking about that, HAIL MARY FULL OF GRACE THE LORD IS.....do unicorns have sex?.....Is it time for Judge Judy yet....I could do her job.....wonder is she's naked under that robe....does Victor go commando?....NO NO GODDAMM EVE THINK OF puddin' pops....Abigail's left thigh has gotten HUGE and her hump is coming back....

I think Jenn's brain is not a place I'd want to get lost in.  Not that it should be that hard to find a way out.  If this was GH I'd wonder if we were in for a DID storyline.  First she's forcing Eve to back down and let JJ and Paige get back together if they want to, doing that by threatening to tell Paige about the mommy/boyfriend sex.  Then she's back at home telling JJ she would NEVER do that.  So was she faking out Eve or lying to JJ?  Or not sure?  Then she's telling him maybe he and Paige should try again then telling him maybe not.  Maybe he should tell her everything but maybe not.  Then Show ended with Jenn looking all perplexed.  Cuz Show knows that we will be anxiously awaiting to see how this all affects Jenn next week.

If this was a movie and not a soap, JJ would have snapped by now and stuffed Jenn into the microwave.  And Abigail would be in the trash compactor.

Since Show is obviously going to insist that we buy the revisionist history of Eve and Jenn, maybe Jenn should ask herself why it was Eve was able to so easily steal every one of her boyfriends.  Might it be because Eve's particular brand of crazy was less scary than Jenn's?   I know that I find it easier to deal with Eve's trainwreck of a personality over Jenn's delusional imitation of affection.  

Is Paige a little slow?  Why would she say to Eve that Jenn "is really sweet".  She knows full well how her mother feels about the woman.  And Paige wasn't being ironic, or cutting, or sticking it to Eve - she's not shown herself to be capable of any of that.  And it's not as if she's not painfully aware of how much they hate each other.  So, was she drunk or just plain stupid?

Although I think Sneasel owns the word "stupid" right now.  Showing up at Sparkle's room, demanding he get out of Dodge like he's Marshall Dillon was pretty ridiculous.  Although not as ridiculous as claiming that Sparkle seduced him.  That sort of passive excuse for cheating should have gone out with the expression "Land Sakes" and smelling salts.  "Land O' Goshen, Will Horton, were you taken advantage of?  Why SIR SPARKLE, you are no gentleman!"   Sneasel may see himself as Ashley Wilkes but I sure as hell don't.  And Sparkle is no Miss Scarlett.   

I don't blame Sonny for any of his actions right now.  He JUST got out of the hospital after being stabbed and finding out his husband cheated on him.  I don't expect him to be reasonable, or fair, or doing everything exactly right.  He's physically recovering and emotionally he's been punched in the gut.  Maybe he didn't see Ari to say goodbye because he didn't want her to pick up on his sorrow and his anger.   I don't know.

I do know that my interest in this storyline is likely to be minimal until he returns, though.  Sparkle is too slick for me to feel any real empathy with him - and his comment that he'd "never cheat on Sonny" was b.s. and a cheap shot.  Nobody knows what they'll do till the circumstance presents itself.  I understand him having had enough of Will and his harping, so maybe that's way he said it.  But if, as I suspect, his opinion of himself is still in the stratosphere, then it's time someone punctures that bag of air he calls an ego.  Unfortunately, his insufferable high self-regard proves he's Jawn's son more conclusively than any DNA test ever will.

Bye Jordan, we hardly knew ye.  And Show hardly knew what the hell to do with you.  But in their inestimable wisdom, we still have Abigail and Ollie, and their lipsmacking lovemaking to fill our days with delight.  

Yep, Show, good call.  

But we did get a Rory sighting today!  Yea!!  Show does so well with their day players.  And I'm glad he told JJ to stuff it.  JJ needs to spend some time with some NORMAL people, which excludes all the women in his life - all of them.

Edited by boes
  • Love 14
(edited)

I think there is something to the saying, “If he’ll cheat with you he’ll cheat on you.” Sparkle didn’t respect Sonny telling him he was in love with his husband, and wasn’t interested in Sparkle anymore so I’m not so sure Sparkle would respect any marriage vows or commitments he made, any more than he was willing to respect Sonny’s marriage.

If Sonny wants Paul, Will should move on. Will was wrong for cheating, but he shouldn’t spend the rest of his life pining over Sonny. Will should take responsibility for his mistakes, and if that isn’t good enough for Sonny (and for a lot of people it wouldn’t be, rebuilding trust is difficult), Will should accept that it is over, and move on.

I thought it was hilarious that after 2007, Lucas ended up with Chloe, EJ with Nicole, Sami went into WP and came back with Rafe, and Sami ended up being married to Rafe longer than anyone else. I just wish the writers had kept the growth Sami made in resolving things with Marlena, John, and Carrie. I really hate that Sami didn't finish burning EJ, Stefano, and Kristen to the ground.

I don't want Will to be pining after Sonny either. Sami wasted so much time running around begging for forgiveness. If Sonny can't get past this, WilSon need to get a divorce.

I actually want Sonny to get back together with Sparkle because I want to see what it's like. Will has Lucas and Ari so he will be fine.

I want Sonny's nightmare about being replaced to come true while he gets stuck with smarmy Paul and his annoying mother.

I really don't like the fact that Tori was brought on. Why do we have to care about Paul or his mother?

I will continue to hope that John is a red herring and that Paul turns out to be Stefano's, if he has to be anybody's.

Stefano is coincidentally coming back to Salem and Paul's scenes with Chad have put me on alert.

I get so annoyed reading about Paul and Sonny being endgame with Will as the constant interloper.

Will is like the freaking crown prince of Salem, a Brady and Horton,born and bred onscreen.

Even if Will's portrayer could be better, I'm not here to watch Will play second fiddle to one of TomSell's new creations/pets.

They are just shoehorning Sparkle into the canvas like they did with Melanie and Dan and even Rafe.

Edited by 271days
  • Love 5
(edited)

I don't want Will to be sacrifice for Sparkle. I don't trust them to do right by him, look at what they did to Jack in favor of Dan the perverted sleazy doctor. The real Jennifer only had eyes for Jack. I never got into any of her other romances despite her insane chemistry with Peter. The past regimes did everything to assassinate the character of Jack to justify their agenda. Jack was such a complex character in daytime played by a great actor. I am still angry that I never got  some familial interactions between Adrienne, Steve and Jack. The Johnson siblings were awesome together. Steve "died", Adrienne moved away with Justin, and Jack got ruined. If Will and Sonny do divorce, I want them to part as friends and co-parents to Arianna. I would like the show to acknowledge their anniversary. Perhaps Sonny comes back to Salem in time for their anniversary and he goes to see Will and Ari to talk about their future. They start to reminisce about their wedding, and one thing leads to another and they make love.  The actors hinted at a fan event, that they had taped something for their anniversary....I hope that it was some sexy tiimes with Wilson..The show  is determined to make Sparkle and Paulson relevant, so I am slowly accepting that annoying fact... I want Will to get a guy that makes Sonny green with envy and jealous about his place in Ari's life...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

Eve just seems so pathetic to me, which is disappointing because I love KdP and want more for her. She always seems to be begging Paige for the time of day and every other sentence having the word "honey" or "sweetheart" in it is starting to drive me crazy. The desperation to leave town and start over again somewhere else which has happened more than once is also sad, in that Paige is old enough to have her own life and not jump whenever Eve says how high. As far as I can tell she has no work, no friends, and nothing else to do. Nicole doesn't seem to working much, maybe they could meet up and chat so Nicole wouldn't have to talk to herself so much.

• Love 4
(edited)

@boes

Thanks to Ron, I thought both Nicole and Jennifer had DID this past week. But nothing rhymes with Nicole so she can't have any have alters. And only male names rhyme with Jenn.

Was it Higley who gave Jess her original alter, or was that all Ron?

Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if at least one character was given some sick retconned backstory under her pen. Since Sami is off-screen, Higley will probably write it that she use to let some known pedophile babysit Will or something and that trauma will "explain" his cheating.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

I don't want Will to be pining after Sonny either. Sami wasted so much time running around begging for forgiveness. If Sonny can't get past this, WilSon need to get a divorce.

I think we need to see Will fighting for Sonny--if he truly wants his marriage to work out, I'd like to see him making the effort to show Sonny that he loves him and wants to work things out.  I think it would be refreshing to see neither Sonny or Will getting involved with Paul again and actually trying to talk things.  Of course Paul would still try to be an interloper, but Sonny would continue to refuse him.

My point is, I really want to see Will become an active participant in winning Sonny back--he is the person who cheated, so he has to make the effort.

And I know people want to see Sonny dig into this inner Kirakis badassness, I want to see Adrienne remember that she's a Johnson and also inherently badass.  Why is she taking Justin's "work wife" bullcrap?  Force him to choose and then live with the consequences.

• Love 6

I really don't like the fact that Tori was brought on. Why do we have to care about Paul or his mother?

Show is trying its hardest to make Sparkle the good guy, the innocent victim, someone we should fell empathy for. The writing for Will and Sparkle is so uneven and underhanded. Why do they have to make Will a cheater and an asshole? The fact that Will needs to be trashed and Sparkle is quickly being tied to legacy characters in an attempt to make him work just shows how unskilled the writers are. If they decide to do Sparkle/Sonny they must not be very confident in that pairing if they have to ruin Will in order to make Sparkle more appealing to Sonny.

I think we need to see Will fighting for Sonny--if he truly wants his marriage to work out, I'd like to see him making the effort to show Sonny that he loves him and wants to work things out.

Will should fight for his marriage, but only if Sonny actually wants to stay married. If Sonny for whatever ill-advised reason decides he wants Sparkle back Will should let him go. There's no point fighting for someone who would rather be with someone else.

I was listening to the Daytime Confidential podcast earlier and earned some interesting information.

Alison Sweeney is supposedly in talks to come back for the 50th anniversary. Not surprising. What is surprising (at least to me) is that there was allegedly some drama between Alison and Dena Higley during her last stint on the show. Apparently, Ed Scott (co-executive producer at the time) violated Writers Guild of America rules by re-writing scripts and encouraged certain actors to do the same, Alison being one of them. Higley went to the WGA for assistance and some time after that Scott was fired.

Here is an old post on DC that talks about this briefly.

• Love 3
(edited)

O.M.G. Tori is so boring!  I have a hard time believing John had a relationship with this lady...

Edited to ask:

What was the WGA agreement about? Were they on strike or was it simply a violation to re-write someone else's scripts?

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1
(edited)

I know Alison Sweeney did not like Sami shooting EJ in the head.  The original SL was EJ was going to try to kill himself.  When it was changed, AS went to the writers and asked them why they were trying to ruin her character.

There are few characters on day who are not cheaters.  When it serves the plot point they all cheat.  So SAmi Brady is a cheater like 90% of the characters on days. If the plot calls for it Marlena would murder her own mother. Jmo

Characters cheating on soaps is not unusual, but it should be character driven, not plot driven.  The reason the writers had Sami cheat on Rafe was because they wanted to resurrect the Sami/Carrie rivalry with Sami being the bad guy/loser, and Sami losing Rafe to Carrie.  It didn't work.  Six months later they wrote Austin/Carrie out of the show again.  In the process, they destroyed a character trait that had been consistent with Sami for 20 years which was she wasn't a cheater.  That was one of the few lines Sami didn't cross.

The way Will's cheating SL was written, there were possible motivations the writers might have portrayed on screen, instead it seems more like they decided it would be a shocking twist to have Sonny's ex show up in Salem, make it look like Sonny was going to cheat, but have Will be the one to cheat with Sonny's ex.

I'm fine with Will wanting to work things out with Sonny, putting effort into making the relationship work, and get back on track.  However, if Sonny says he wants a divorce, Will should respect his decision.  There is a difference between trying to work on the problems in a relationship, and being a stalker.

I liked how when Sami/Rafe were trying to work things out, Sami was being completely honest with Rafe about everything, and accepted her part in their marriage being ruined.  I really loved how when Sami found out that Rafe was still lying to her, she finally got to be the one who raked him over the coals for the mistakes he made.

I hated that everything EJ did to ruin his relationship with Sami was just swept under the rug.  Sami never should have forgiven EJ or gotten back together with him.  Sami should have already left Salem and been in Chicago running CW, or Hollywood.  EJ should have died alone in the park hearing these words:

Chad, "You are just like him, EJ, Stefano.  You lie, cheat and manipulate, and then when everything goes to hell, it is never your fault, you blame everyone else.  You are his son."

Sami, "You say you love me, but those are empty words, because you are empty.  You don't know what real love is."

Nicole, "You don't feel real emotions.  You can fake them, but it's all a lie.  You are not capable of truly caring about anyone."

I like how Jordan handled Rafe and Chad.  She stood up for herself.  However, they never did anything with Jordan's SL, she's gone, and Clyde and Ben are still in Salem.  That sucks.

Jenn having a DID breakdown while referencing her mother's mental problems would be a great nod to history which means it won't happen.  Instead there will just be more shrieking from Jenn and Eve while everyone talks loudly in HTS about how no one can ever find out JJ cheated on Paige with her mother Eve.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 8

That sweater JJ has been wearing the last few days is HOT! Sexy as hell. It had a kind of see-through quality to it. Clothes like that are MUCH sexier than just showing off a nekkid body. Brady had the same sort of see-through sweater a week or so ago too.

• Love 2

In 2008, AS and JS were surprised when they found out Sami and EJ were going to have sex.  They went to Ken Corday and the writers and told them they needed to address EJ raping Sami before that happened.  AS was the one who thought Sami should tell EJ about what she did to Austin.

Sami shooting EJ in the head, Sami cheating on Rafe, and Sami flip flopping between guys in 2012, and then ending up with EJ instead of getting back together with Rafe are the only times I know of where AS went to Ken Corday and the writers about what they were doing with Sami.

I hope if AS returns for the 50th that EJ stays dead, and the SL is about Sami.  I wonder if AS is as happy to finally be out of Ejami as she was to get out of the Sami/Austin/Carrie SL.  I know AS said Sami teaming up with Kate for revenge, and Sami/Kate/Gabi tossing Nick in the river were her favorite SLs in the last couple of years.  AS and LK love working together, and they had been asking the writers for years if there was a way that Sami/Kate could team up and be on the same side.

• Love 4
(edited)

I have always hated infidelity stories because it is a cheap ploy to create drama between couples. I guess I am traumatized by what was done to Viki/Clint to facilitate the pairing of Viki and Sloane and I correlate that with Wilson and Sparkle. One life to live fans on this board will know what I mean. It was horrifying to watch Viki throw Clint under the bus for that disgusting general..Clint was turned into a violent, cynical, overbearing, Homophobe to make Sloane look like a saint and more worthy of Viki's love and respect. Clint has always stood by Viki no matter what, he adopted her two sons after she lost her first husband Joe Riley. They got married and had a daughter Jessica. He stood by her and took care of her during her many mental breakdowns over the years, when she had a stroke after getting shot. He ran her father's newspaper. He loved and respected her through thick and thin..For Viki to throw that all away for a sleazy affair with Sloan, it was heartbreaking to watch because it was out of character for Viki to do such a thing.

My love for Viki waned after that and the character was never the same after that..She never had a successful pairing after divorcing Clint to marry Sloane.  The fans were in an uproar over this and eventually Sloane was killed off. I was so happy with his demise. Viki was so self-righteous when when she was with him. Clint  even stood by her when Sloane was dying and was very supportive when she had another mental breakdown after Sloane's death . He always loved Viki.  

Clint Ritchie who played Clint was not happy with how  his character was trashed and he left the show years later. What was so appalling, was that Nobody called out Viki for her affair, except for Dorian her nemesis..She was raked over the coals for daring to question Queen Victoria and even Cassie her daughter disapproved of her calling out Viki. Vicki and Clint were supposed to be the Tom and Alice of One life to live and they were trashed for a self-righteous, interloper, do-gooder like Sloane Carpenter.  I am afraid that this is happening with Wilson. Most people want Sonny to reunite with Sparkle and kick Will to the curb because of Will's indiscretion.. I hate gimmicks and cheap ploys  by shows to get ratings, I guess that is why I am not a fan of Scandal. Shonda Rhymes relies too much on plot twists and gimmicks to drive her nonsensical stories and not enough character development.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I also wonder if he has issues with women.  Ken Corday made a comment about how in the end women like Sami, Kate, Nicole, Theresa should always lose.  That women like them don't deserve to be happy.  No comments about men like Stefano, Victor, EJ, etc.

I know this quote is from a week ago, but I keep thinking about what TigerLynx posted about Corday's view towards women.  Sorry if this is a retread.  This disappoints me if Corday really thinks this. 

I wonder if this thinking then extends to the writers room. The above women are the ones that have shown vulnerability, scrappyness, and have ultimately been the ones I want to come out on top. Maybe it's because they are good actresses and emote more than others in the goody-goody roles. I also wonder who determines the "bad" women since the majority of women on this show have done sketchy things.  

I question then if Lexi was considered bad because she cheated on Abe, switched babies, and blackmailed people or is that the Dimera influence. I alternately hated and loved Lexi.

Realistically, not everyone gets their happy ending. However, I don't want to continue watching if Theresa gets continually shit on.  We get to see that she cares about family, wants love and does try to extend concern to a few others. She just takes one step forward, three steps back. She can be a real bitch and destructive, Jen Lilley is just too good in this role for me to dislike her. Also, the writing does enough for me to want her to get her baby back, possibly coparent with Brady, and find a new guy who accepts her like EJ accepted Sami (minus their twisted, mutual destruction relationship). 

Like you all have awesomely stated before, the writers can't tell us who to like or hate. Or at least not blatantly. It's just weird how some characters these massive take downs and others get coddled and protected. I'm still shaking my head at the treatment of Sami during her exit storyline.

I'm interested in the whole Will, Paul, and Sonny triangle. I do think that Sonny straight up leaving town is OOC. In my mind, Sonny would have seen Ari, talked to Gabi, and squared away TBD. Also, I think that Will is being thrown under the bus with this storyline. IDK if it's to make him the male Sami or to prop Paul. It's weird they did it to a legacy character who we've seen grow up non-sorased or very close to it. It is short-sighted writing.   

One thing that is strange to me is that Paul didn't look into Will's background pre-interview. A simple google search would reveal WIll's whole life. Did he really not look after Sonny over the past two years? He does seem calculating and is responding too maturely for the circumstances. He may be the real deal, but I agree that the story line thus far is only doing him favors.   

Will needs to take responsibility for his actions. Thanks to those who pointed out this is the first time he's really had to answer for his actions. Even with the whole Ari reveal, he had backup and people to do his dirty work to ensure he had custody. I still like Will based on the past, but I would think he was the male Abigail if I tuned in within the past two years. 

So Jordan is leaving to join a philanthropic organization? What happened to her being a physical trainer? You know, I care but I really don't. I started out disliking Jordan and just wanted to her to leave. Then I started to like Jordan after she broke up with Rafe after he cheated because she had self-respect and didn't put up with him being friendly with someone she knew was out to destroy her. I also liked that she continually told Rafe to back off and stay out of her life.  I liked her relationship with Chad and was sad that she broke up with him. Still, I will concede it was smart to do for her. I didn't appreciate her telling Chad to love himself more, though it's great advice if it would keep him away from Abifail. Just massive waste of screen time.

• Love 4

One thing that is strange to me is that Paul didn't look into Will's background pre-interview. A simple google search would reveal WIll's whole life. Did he really not look after Sonny over the past two years? He does seem calculating and is responding too maturely for the circumstances.

Considering how obsessive and borderline stalkerish Sparkle is regarding Sonny, I find it very hard to believe he hasn't been googling him since they broke up. I also find it hard to believe that he hand picked Will to interview him without looking into his background first.

• Love 3

All these details other posters have noticed about Will, Sonny, and Paul just reinforces to me that we put more thought into the SLs and characters than the writers do.

If the writers are trying to make Will out to be more like Sami than he has been in the past, they are failing horribly.  Sami did her own scheming, fought her own battles, and while she was very insecure, she was never weak.

One of the reasons, I like Sami and Theresa is because they do get called out on the things they do.  They didn't get a free pass.  Of course, I don't like seeing them get blamed for things they didn't do.  I hate that Kristen did not face any consequences for drugging and raping Eric, that she stole Theresa's baby, that more likely than not, Kristen will get away with it, and Theresa might get her baby back, but somehow Theresa will be the bad guy to Brady being the best dad ever.  {face palm}

That's why I hate how Sami's SL with EJ turned out.  EJ was never Sami's victim.  Of all the people in Salem who had a reason to be angry with Sami, EJ wasn't one of them.  However, for eight years while EJ was either ruining Sami's life, or trying to manipulate Sami into being with him, Sami was somehow the bad guy for turning EJ down.  Then when Sami finally gave EJ a chance, EJ destroys her life again, Sami fights back, and once again doesn't just accept how EJ treats her, and yet somehow Sami is the bad guy.  Sami ended up forgiving EJ when EJ never did anything to fix their relationship, and was not sorry about anything he did.

At least when Sami was causing problems for Austin/Carrie, and one of her schemes blew up in her face, she was paying the price for what she did.  With EJ, Sami always had to pay the price for what EJ did, forgive him, say she was sorry when she didn't do anything wrong, and EJ never forgave Sami for anything, he always came up with a revenge plan to make her life miserable, then he wanted to call a truce, and then EJ would turn around and stab Sami in the back again.  Then the writers would persist in trying to say Sami was the bad guy.

I don't want to see the same thing happen with Theresa.  I want to see Kate destroy both Stefano and Clyde.  I would rather Nicole go back to being a scheming gold digger than see her running around Salem constantly apologizing to people.

If AS returns for the 50th, I know it will never happen, but Sami/Kate/Theresa/Nicole teaming up would be a great SL for me.  Maybe they can throw Kristen and Stefano in the river.

• Love 6
(edited)

First off, buh-bye Jordan. Your departure will affect.....absolutely nothing. It's just too bad you're not taking Ken Doll with you.

Wow, Sneasel you're becoming your mom more and more every second. It's really bad when Sparkle is coming off as the calm reasonable adult today. Paul totally shot down all of Will's lame ass blames.  Sneas, take Paul's reasoning to heart and own up to what you, and you alone, did. It's the only way you're going to save your marriage. Today I'm actually missing EJ, because I'm convinced if he was still around he'd be backing Sonny.

I'm predicting Kate's going to be next on Sneasel's "This can't be my fault" spiral of shame. If he could he'd blame this on Arianna, or is that just too much?

Oh going a bit off topic I did watch the Comcast interview with Freddie and Guy and I was totally surprised by how charming and funny Guy is. Now I'm (almost) convinced it's not him as an actor that's the problem...it's just really bad writing.

Guy is very charming. It does not always translate onscreen, but  I like him. He has a cute video of him playing with one of the twins who play Ari. It is hilarious. The babies adore Freddie and Guy.  Guy gets alot of flak from people who don't like him. The vitriol is over the top at times, but, he takes it all in stride. The friendship between Freddie and Guy seems to be genuine. They hang out together on the weekends. They share a dressing room and they even threw a barbecue together.  I guess their friendship stems from the fact that when Guy got cast as Will, Freddie went out his way to welcome him to the show. They seem to be very at ease with one another in their love scenes and kissing scenes together. Whereas, Chandler always looked uncomfortable in romantic scenes with Freddie. Plus, rumor has it that they did not like each other. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

It's a shame that Jordan really never took off.  The show finally paired her with a guy she had chemistry with and gave her some sort of purpose, but it was too late.  I fear the same thing will happen to Serena down the line as well especially if this stupid Elephant storyline continues.

I will say that I like bitchy Jennifer much better then the Jennifer who followed Daniel around like a lost puppy.  I'm just hoping as more time passes, the stepford influence Daniel placed upon her will continue to wear off.  A truly good writer/show-runner should have instantly seen that a Jennifer/Daniel pairing would never work just based on the essence that is Jennifer's character.  The real Jennifer was stubborn, sarcastic, and rebellious plus had a real passion/interest in being a reporter.  Jennifer had great pairings in the past with Emilio and Jack because both men challenged/under-estimated her thus made her determined to prove them wrong.  Also, anytime one of them tried to tell her what to do, she would instantly fight back.  The real Jennifer would never have given Daniel the time of day unless it was strictly as a friend.  I keep rewatching the youtube video of when she finally dumped Daniel and it was nice seeing him begging her to take him back for a change.

I'm praying that the new writers will restore Nicole as well because she's fallen more and more under the stepford spell that Jennifer was under.

• Love 7

Will seems like such a young boy it makes me squirmy - when he said Paul "seduced" him - I just groaned.  This is from a supposed grown up who is actually married.  He's like a whimpering child.  

I can't even watch the storyline because everything is so off with that actor in the role of Will -

Will looks like an elf. Which makes him kind of seem childlike and Peter Pan-like.

• Love 2
(edited)

Yeah, I think Will's child-like looks work against him.

I think GW seems to execute a point of view about his character when he's expressing his love for Sonny, so I do give him credit for that. It's just they've written Will to be so freaking dumb when he's having relations with other men. I feel his infidelity is a little more extra stupid than other stupid infidelities I've seen on soaps. I thought Elizabeth's dalliance with Lucky's brother while she was engaged to Lucky on GH was super stupid, but in retrospect it did seem a little more organic than Will's infidelity with Paul (mind you I still think Elizabeth and the brother were icky beyond belief, but the actors seemed able to sell the stupidity as were EJ and Sami able to sell their weird grief sex, which I thought might have had the dumbest reason for infidelity attached to it, but somehow Will and Paul have managed to top all of these people). 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

And you know, not for nothin', but every time Will has said, "It was only one time!" I remember he and Paul having a second round after briefly discussing their first. And if I remember correctly, Will was pretty enthusiastic. I don't have any patience for him whatsoever. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I feel like we never really got any sort of resolution with Jordan's family storyline. I wanted to see Kate's reaction to finding out that she was raped by Clyde.

I'm disappointed Kate is probably never going to face any humiliation for having sex with a pedophile and bringing Jordan's rapist to town and Clyde's dirty secret will probably stay hidden. At the very least Jordan should have punched Kate in the face on her way out of town.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 6

The unthinkable is happening. My love for Nicole is starting to wane. I don't know if it's the nonstop apologizing, the lack of scheming, or that she's getting sucked into the Melanie vortex, but I don't have time for this. This is NOT what I meant when I said I wanted more screentime for Nicole. Why are they wasting AZ's talent on this weird robotic version of Nicole? 

• Love 4
(edited)

Guy is very charming. It does not always translate onscreen, but I like him. He has a cute video of him playing with one of the twins who play Ari. It is hilarious. The babies adore Freddie and Guy. Guy gets alot of flak from people who don't like him. The vitriol is over the top at times, but, he takes it all in stride. The friendship between Freddie and Guy seems to be genuine. They hang out together on the weekends. They share a dressing room and they even threw a barbecue together. I guess their friendship stems from the fact that when Guy got cast as Will, Freddie went out his way to welcome him to the show. They seem to be very at ease with one another in their love scenes and kissing scenes together. Whereas, Chandler always looked uncomfortable in romantic scenes with Freddie. Plus, rumor has it that they did not like each other.

I agree. I would like to point out that all contract actors have their own dressing rooms, Freddie and Guy just seem to spend a lot of time in each other's room. There was an interview in SOD last year, where the two talked about Freddie helping Guy decorate his room. They said how everybody started laughing when they walked by because, at one point, they looked like a couple of criminals trying sneak a dead body out by wrapping it in a rug. The sad part about that interview was that, since he worked so little in his first three years on the show, Freddie had never decorated his own dressing room because he thought it was a waste of time and money to spruce up a place he never spent any time in. He stated that he usually was only at the studio for about four hours a day, enough to do hair, makeup and wardrobe and film his scenes. He was considering decorating his own room when the interview was taking place, because he was finally working more.

As for the rumors about Chandler and Freddie not liking each other, I felt the same, at least on Chandler's part. Whenever Freddie did an interview, he always went out of his way to mention Chandler and praise him, while it was like pulling teeth to get Chandler to even acknowledge Freddie. I still think that he was told before he received his second Emmy, "When you win, please don't forget to thank Freddie." I always got the feeling that there was kind of a Mean Girls atmosphere on the set where best friends Chandler and Casey would freeze Freddie out. I don't know if it's because he wanted a Chill or EJill storyline or didn't want to show a gay romance onscreen, but I thought it was ridiculous that Chandler kept saying how he didn't want Will and Sonny to become a couple but just remain friends. At that point in time, it was obvious that the show had no intention of bringing in any more long term gay characters so if Will and Sonny didn't hook up, Will would have never had a love interest. This is why I laugh at those psychopaths on Twitter that are determined that Chandler and Freddie are lovers IRL and are just trying to hide their relationship from everybody. I also believe that Freddie went out of his way to make Guy feel at home and welcome because that was not done for him when he started.

Edited by stormymac
  • Love 4
(edited)

I am so glad that I am not the only person that is a fan of Guy. The amount of hate that he has received on twitter since Will cheated on Sonny has astounded me. The personal attacks about his looks have also disconcerted me as well. I think Guy is attractive, he is not ugly.  His boyish looks works in the context of Will being a young man. There are people who attack Freddie for not being muscular and I think he is sexy just the way he is....Beauty is subjective anyway. The wardrobe department at DAYS needs to be fired because they make everybody look bad..I don't know if it is their limited budget that has affected that..If you look at the actors in their twitter pics, they all look so much better off the show...Greg Vaughn is delicious and the actress that plays Nicole is beautiful....Freddie looks so hot when he has a beard..Yummmy...lol

Thanks for the clarification about the dressing rooms, Stormymac..I assumed that Guy and Freddie shared a room since they are always together. I do remember Chandler pushing for Will to become a darker character and to be involved with EJ and the writers refused his request...I remember thinking that he used to infuse alot of sexual tension in his scenes with EJ and I wondered  if the writers would go there and have EJ and Will do the nasty..lol..That would have been a bold plot twist. At that time Will was angry at his mom and wanted to hurt her for her indiscretion with EJ. EJ was an asshole, he would not have had a problem touching Will to hurt Samantha. EJ was very lecherous and creepy in his interactions with Will, when he was his lackey. I am glad that I was not the only one that noticed Chandler's unease in romantic scenes with Freddie. Guy and Freddie go for it..There was alot of open mouth kisses between them, when Guy first came on the show..It looked like there was even some tongue action there, lol..Their first kiss onscreen as Wilson was very hot. I wondered if they told them to stop, because they don't kiss like that anymore...lol

As much as I dislike Sparkle, he has chemistry with both Sonny and Will. He also sparkled with Theresa, Jordan and Abifail. Christopher is so damn sexy, that he would have chemistry with a curtain...lol...Sparkle should have been bisexual instead of gay...It would have been good to see a bisexual male character on daytime, especially since there is a stigma against them in both the gay and Straight world..With all this talk about behind the scenes drama on days, we need a thread on here to discuss them..Can the moderators on here please make it happen...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Re: Chandler & Freddie, I heard a lot of rumors that were never substantiated about Chandler & Casey being involved and that they both hated Freddie for some reason that no rumor ever articulated or even suggested.

Now obviously none of us know these people in real life and anyone's personal opinion or perception would be totally divorced from reality, but from everything I've ever read whatever problem(s) exist(ed) between Chandler & Freddie was all from Chandler's end, that Freddie got and gets along with everyone else, and Freddie wasn't the only person Chandler had issues with. I think he was a good actor, the smirking aside, and the way he left the show was really shady, but where there's smoke there's fire and something was clearly up with Chandler.

And you know, not for nothin', but every time Will has said, "It was only one time!" I remember he and Paul having a second round after briefly discussing their first. And if I remember correctly, Will was pretty enthusiastic. I don't have any patience for him whatsoever.

See, I thought Will & Paul had played baseball twice but on the show they kept saying it was o my once. Was it once or twice?

• Love 2

Will and Sparkle played baseball only once. However, when they were going for round 2, Sonny came knocking on the door and they stopped. Plus Will was initiating round 2 and that is why alot of people find it disingenuous, when he says that it only happened once...Clearly he would have continued, had Sonny not come.... I am happy that he stopped it from developing into a full-blown affair..Had it been on-going, I would be team Paulson....I remember Sparkle getting mad when Will would not sleep with him again. Plus, he mocked Will for being inexperienced with men and for  only having had one partner....He challenged Will's declaration of loving his partner after sleeping with him...lol

I thought Casey and Molly Burnett were once an item in real life. They broke up twice and got back together. It seems that she is now dating the actor that plays Derrick...There is and has been alot of dating and sexing on the set of Days..We all know about Melissa Reeves and the actor that once played Peter that led to her departure from the show. lol....

• Love 2

Maybe he meant "It was only one night!"…or he can't count. Either is possible.

• Love 3

Even if it was only one time, I don't understand why cheaters try to use it as an excuse.  Anytime a cheater starts trying to make excuses for their cheating instead of taking responsibility and admitting they were wrong, it just leads me to believe they will cheat again.

• Love 6
(edited)

Even if it was only one time, I don't understand why cheaters try to use it as an excuse.  Anytime a cheater starts trying to make excuses for their cheating instead of taking responsibility and admitting they were wrong, it just leads me to believe they will cheat again.

I agree with your statement. I also think this cheating storyline has hurt not only Will, but Sonny as well. I don't like Sonny being weak, indecisive, insecure  with poor business skills. It made no sense that Sonny would be stupid enough to not read a contract that allowed Chad to get the upper hand...Plus, Chad was not presented as a typical Dimera. He is their best friend and was always rooting for Wilson. Why would he hurt Will and Sonny by sabotaging their finances? What would he gain from doing that...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Maybe he meant "It was only one night!"…or he can't count. Either is possible.

"It was only one night! Sure, we did it about twenty times in every position known to man but it was just the one night!"

• Love 7

That's right up there with, "It didn't mean anything.  I don't have any feelings for so and so."

So the cheater risked the relationship with the person they really love for someone that didn't mean anything.  How is that supposed to make it better?

• Love 3
(edited)

Or on Another world,  when Vicky cheated on Ryan with Grant because he hung up on her after an argument..Vicky thought that their relationship was over in her mind,  to justify her cheating with Grant...lol Cheaters always look for a reason to excuse their behavior...Vicky's cheating was also out of character on that show too...

If Sonny had been the cheater, he would have said that the stress of getting the new club together, Will and Ari being away in LA, Will's neglecting him by not communicating with him lead him to fall into temptation with Sparkle...It seemed to be that is what the writers intended to do, but, at the last minute they switched it to Will to give us that shocking twist....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Yet another one of their shocking twists failed.  If the writers want me to believe the cheaters regret what they did, and want to fix their relationship, they should stop having them make dumb excuses, and blaming other people for what they did.  If they won't even take responsibility for their actions, why would anyone believe they are sorry or that they won't cheat again?

• Love 4

I know that's for real, right now it's just happening too much on Days without much of a valid reason and it's like the only thing writers can come up with to provide angst for couples. If the current writers don't know how to write for couples then they need to bring in writers that know how. Cheating is the fall back we had EJ and his affair with that deformed mutant with JJ & Sneasel harping on Sami and not even six months after Sami leaves JJ & Sneasel are cheating on Lima Bean and Sonny respectively, Adrienne now believes Justin is cheating w/Elsa and Justin may believe that Adrienne is cheating on him with Lucas. I'm pretty sure Jar Jar is gonna lift her skirt up for Chad to gain entry into the outworld. Writers can do better than fall back on this cliche. I think cheating should be used sparingly, having too much of it loses it's appeal to the couples. I know it's a soap standard for flings and affairs to happen but you wanna space it out.

Like they were for Abe & Dannifer Pimptress, the angst was Theo's mother, they could have built around that, but writers just thought it was too taxing and exhausting for them, because they had to think outside the box so they decided to split them up before anything even much happened. I mean the writers didn't want to kill off the one brain cell they share when writing for their characters.

Hope and Aiden have angst with Bree thinking that Aiden killed his wife, but the story is written so horribly. Writers really can't write angst but need to try.

• Love 2

I feel like we never really got any sort of resolution with Jordan's family storyline. I wanted to see Kate's reaction to finding out that she was raped by Clyde.

Knowing Kate since she hates Jordan she would not care.  jmo

• Love 1
(edited)

I know that's for real, right now it's just happening too much on Days without much of a valid reason and it's like the only thing writers can come up with to provide angst for couples.

And all of these couples already had angst.

With Will/Sonny there were so many other SLs they could have done with them.  After three or four rounds of Sonny/Will vs. Nick, it would have been interesting to see Sonny be the target of someone while Will helps him.

JJ already had issues, and finding out about Jack made those worse.  Having JJ cheat with Paige's mother just seems unnecessary.

With Rafe/Jordan, Jordan had a realistic reaction to the situation, and made a healthy choice by accident.  The writers couldn't be bothered to do anything with her character so Jordan left town after breaking up with Rafe and Chad, and looking like a strong woman because she wasn't willing to put up with their BS.  However, if Jordan had stayed in Salem, she would have wound up being a doormat for some guy.

In 2010, when Sami found out EJ was the one who kidnapped Sydney, EJ told Sami he would never do anything like that again.  He would never hurt her again, and Sami told EJ, "Yes, you will because you can't help yourself.  It's who you are."  And Sami was right. 

Alison Sweeney said she loved the revenge SL with Kate, and she was glad Sami knew what was going on because no one likes feeling like they are the dumbest person in the room.  It's to bad the writers didn't follow through, and let Sami burn EJ to the ground because it was an entertaining SL for the little time it lasted, and AS and LK looked like they were enjoying the hell out of the SL.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 5

Now that it's happened, I don't really think Will cheating is that much of a stretch.  This is his second major betrayal of someone he loves in a matter of months.  

Not that long ago, he wrote that article about his mother and EJ, and did it an a very underhanded way by interviewing Kate and his mother and EJ, but under the guise of simply talking to them.  He even recorded them without telling them.  These were the people who had protected him, covered for him, lied for him, fought his battles for him, and were the primary reason he prevailed against Nick for Ari.  And yet when it came time for him to get what he wanted - namely the byline for an explosive article in his magazine, he set them all up - Abigail included - and used them for his own gratification.  (BTW, I don't give a rats ass what he did to Abigail, or EJ, much, for that matter).

He showed no remorse over it at all UNTIL it came out and he was uncomfortable with the fallout.  Then he said that his mother "needed to be taught a lesson", or he was "just reporting the facts", or that if he didn't write it, somebody else would.  He was all over the place with excuses, when there really was none.  The truth was he wanted the fame and recognition and to hell with them.  And considering the past, he was pretty confident that they'd forgive him, and that he'd pay little to no price for what he did with them.  The only person who held on to their resentment was Abigail, the ONE person who fully deserved to be outed.  Leave it to her....

That's when Will became "Sneasel" for me.  

So I don't think it's any great stretch to see Will having sex with Sparkle as anything more than the same.  Will sees something he wants -this time a warm body - and he goes for it.  I saw little guilt from him in the initial aftermath.  Then when it all comes out, lo and behold, Sonny does NOT fold like his mother and grandmother and EJ did, and after a little anger, make peace with what he did.  And that's when all the excuses started - why it wasn't his fault, he was seduced, it was only one time, Sonny didn't tell him about Sparkle, Sparkle didn't tell him about Sonny, yadda yadda yadda.  He behaved badly, he betrayed Sonny, and Sonny is going to treat him like the adult he is supposed to be and not the hurt child his family always lets off the hook.

And Sneasel is both panicked and shocked - and undoubtedly pissed as hell.

Will, whether consciously, or, I suspect, unconsciously, has used his passivity in difficult situations to his advantage over the years, waiting for someone or other to rescue him both from outside danger and his own mistakes, but this time that's not going to work.

So no matter what Sonny's faults are, or even Sparkle's, for the first time in his life, Will Horton is being held responsible for his actions, no excuses, and nobody to make it all go away and tell him he's a good boy.  If he's smart he'll use this chance to grow and mature and realize that sometimes the crap we pull is not easily fixed or forgiven, and move on from there, with Sonny or not.  But if he persists in trying to find someone else to blame for this pattern of irresponsibility, he'll be stuck in that hamster cage forever.

• Love 7